6.3

1. Aug 30, 2013
    Don't listen to the negative reviews, trust me.
    "A Walk in the Dark" is a indie game that combines mechanics from several successful indie games, in one. With a great atmosphere, superb in-game music and mechanics tuned to the mm, this game is a must have if you enjoy games like Limbo, v v v v v v and Super Meat Boy.
  2. Aug 17, 2013
    Do. Not. Buy. This. Game. ok review done. I literally made an account just to review this game and tell people to avoid at all costs. Lets go over the positives, the music is wonderful and the art design is pretty cool. There. Positives end there. The gameplay is a very generic and boring, most elements pulled from other games like vvvvvv. At about 50 levels in or the half way point I have yet to see anything that shows originality. Honestly I can deal with a generic platformer the worst part of this one is how unresponsive and floaty the controls feel. Atleast on Super Meat Boy when you die 1000 times on one level its your fault, the controls were perfect, here not so much. And it just isn't FUN to play, honestly I had more fun just pausing the game and listening to the music. I would avoid it like the plague. Expand
  3. Feb 8, 2014
    Nice game overall, it doesn't have the same perfectly responsive controls as Super Meat Boy, but they're not all that required, except for a couple of later stages or some challenges.
    Graphics are good, music too, 100 short stages that takes like 3-4 hours to complete, 10 challenges that are quite challenging indeed... some things could've been done better, but in the end it's not too
    frustrating and I liked it for all its length.

And the main character is a cat.

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Derivative but really well implemented, which gives the game a personality of its very own. [March 2014, p.61]
    For less than a fiver, it’s a bargain, if for nothing else but to experience the bizarre feeling of absolute frustration and absolute relaxation in tandem, courtesy of well-structured, taxing level design and Cody Cook’s beautiful soundtrack.
  3. Feb 7, 2013
    All in all A Walk in the Dark is a great game for a rainy afternoon, or to play in short bursts between work, school or other responsibilities. The piano-filled soundtrack does much to soothe the irritations of dying constantly so you won’t feel like throwing your keyboard at your screen - too - often.