Aarklash: Legacy PC

7.8

1. Jan 22, 2014
    I like tactical battle games and RPGs, so I was eager to try the Aarklash, as it mixes those two genres. However, I'm a bit disappointed. The challenges itself are quite interesting, the game looks good, but there are 2 main flaws: repetitiveness and shallow storyline You end up battling countless of very similar battles with very similar set of enemies (yes, they are challenging, but veryI like tactical battle games and RPGs, so I was eager to try the Aarklash, as it mixes those two genres. However, I'm a bit disappointed. The challenges itself are quite interesting, the game looks good, but there are 2 main flaws: repetitiveness and shallow storyline You end up battling countless of very similar battles with very similar set of enemies (yes, they are challenging, but very repetitive), uniqe monsters/fights appear like 2 per act (so 6 in total). Most of the narrative cut scenes do not contribute at all to the storyline or narrative feeling of the game. For some unknown reason, the weapons/armor of your characters are not customizable (you can only customize some minor trinkets) - so everything plays itself same and looks the same. Yes, with skills progression you unlock new tactics, but not that much - at least for me that was not enough to keep me interested. A pity, as this could be much better game. Expand
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    Combat is pretty good, they managed to make a majority of the battles actually challenging (on hardest) for most of the game. Gets a bit repetitive though, could really use some more unique boss fights.

The rest isn't so good. It uses puzzles to break up the combat which are all insultingly easy and very repetitive, the same thing multiple times. Story and characters are pretty bad too.
  3. May 3, 2014
    ===========
    This game is a typical Dragon Age Origins game but whose focus is heavily on the core gameplay mechanics and is a MUST PLAY. I LOVE IT.
  4. Sep 13, 2013
    nice graphic, the gameplay is not bad, little bit repetitive but it's still good, and the best is no bug found so far :D
    (sorry if my english is bad btw :p)

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2013
    This game has a very simple structure – we travel from one cutscene to another slaying groups of monsters wandering around. But the strength of Aarklash Legacy lies in its deep system of tactical combat. [12/2013, p.46]
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    There was no single-player RPG title with party-based cooperation of the same importance as it is in this game. Aarklash brings magically elaborated combat system, however, many things around this feature should have been made in much better fashion.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 28, 2013
    Devoid of plot, yet highly recommended on the strength of its combat. Beautifully balanced, complex and challenging. [Nov 2013, p.96]