6.0

1. Jan 25, 2013
    I have been a fan of the series for a very long time. I am only about 6 hours into the game. I love how this time it is in real settings and not a fantasy world. Graphics on the pc are stunning. I have seen no lag or any issues what so ever so far. If you are a fan of the series i highly recommend picking this game up!
  2. Jan 26, 2013
    I am a great fan of Ace combat series. I played in 2,3,4,5,zero,X(SoD and JA). And i can say, Assault Horizon is really good game. Great music, dynamic gameplay, nice graphic. I scored this game at 10/10, but multiplayer is not playable. Lags, hight ping, sometimes not find anyone.
  3. Jan 31, 2013
    This game has impressed me so much I made an account just to rate this game. The graphics are outstanding from the realistic terrain to the detailed aircraft. But most of all it is just a blast to play it makes you feel like your a fighter pilot on a realistic mission. The controls are awesome I love the lock on mechanic it really sets it apart from other flight games and I've played a lot of them. The only complaint that I have is that the missions can seem kind of long and this is the only reason I did not give it a 10. To me this is the next step in arcade flight games. I feel like racing games have come a long way over the years and now developers know how to fine tune the mechanics in the game to give the player the best experience and I believe that that is what this game has done for arcade flight games. Expand
  4. Jan 2, 2014
    First of all, this is an arcade game, not a 100% simulation (huge stock of missiles each mission, infinite railguns and infinite fuel) so if you are of those strict, perfectly realistic scenario chasers and critics, then this game is not for you.

Now for the review:
    Comparing this one to previous ace combat titles I have to admit this one pushed it to another level with DFM (I played
    almost all titles in multiplayer).
    Simply put, DFM makes this title much more intense and gives you some nice adrenaline injections in multiplayer and in some missions last missions are much harder and enjoyable because of it) where previous ace combat titles all you needed to do was lock at 2.5k-4k kilometers behind target and fire double missiles with rails being unplayable at ranges less than 750 kilometers, and it was pretty much the same in competitive online.
    NOTE: Campaign wise, this game does NOT forces you to DFM all targets!! You can dispose of most of the targets in the campaign while not using DFM. However, some targets that have a "TGT_LEAD" mark on them most be disposed off using DFM because they are relevant to the overall feel of the campaign progression and these count as 5% (at most!) of all targets in the campaign. So you can still enjoy yourself striking some targets down the old Ace Combat way. Needed to clarify that.

Difficulty:
    - If you are a casual gamer (previous ace combat titles were more casual friendly) you will find it very hard (and frustrating) to beat certain missions in the difficulties Elite and Ace if you do not force yourself to learn the hard way, which is being persistent and be whiling to learn, not just give up and trash the game as most of the people that downgrade this game usually do. Harder difficulties in this game (Elite and Ace, specially Ace) live up to their word, unlike previous ace combat titles where the harder difficulty was not hard at all and it didn't require that much skill or practice.

Story:
    - As for story, if you are that type of player that values skill,ace pilots and drama, you will love the antagonist and the setting that pans out at the end. You will not like the protagonist that much and the ending itself. They should have made more content story wise in the later half of the campaign. It just feels a little bit rushed over &/or they ran out of ideas.
    - The helicopter, bomber and gun additions were good but not necessary, that's why I really appreciate they still focusing more on the Jet aspect. After all, Its Ace Combat, helicopters and gunships are welcome only if they come and go fast.

Mechanics:
    - They should have made the DFM circles shorter and longer to charge at very close range to add up more skill and difficulty in both single and multiplayer.
    - Counter maneuvers are hard to execute if you don't understand its mechanics at all. I've seen people complaining and trashing this game just because they don't bother to think and practice its functionality, and it pretty much sums up most of all the DFM hate.
    - About flares, players and NPCs DON'T have an infinite amount of flares, if anyone fails to realize this is because they are just bad or incredibly frustrated for reasons I mentioned above.

So all in all, its a very fun and somewhat demanding game that makes your adrenaline rush and damages your controller, specially in multiplayer
  5. Oct 15, 2013
    This is the best flight combat game at this time and ive played alot of flight games but ace combat is #1. I hope they make a new one for 2014.

1. Feb 21, 2013
    A title you definitely didn't expect to see on PC, Ace Combat looks like a flight sim and plays like the vehicular sections of Call of Duty. It's a fun game while it lasts. The linear missions mean that the game holds no replay-value whatsoever. [Feb 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon is one of the best air combat games on the PC platform. If you can go beyond the limits of gameplay (due to the entire genre) then consider buying.
  3. Feb 15, 2013