5.1

1. Feb 9, 2013
    For most of these people who gave this game low scores, you should try waiting for the updates. as they came out with the classic mode, which in my opinion, is 80% similar to the original.
  2. Mar 1, 2013
    I am shocked at how many negative reviews there are.
    You should be looking at the game as it is alone, not comparing it to the old game and giving it a 0 because you like the old game better
    this game is still passing through some updating also Jagex is trying to incorporate the old game wit modes like classic ctf I think before blurting out anything you need to look at how far this
    I am shocked at how many negative reviews there are.
    this game is still passing through some updating
    also Jagex is trying to incorporate the old game wit modes like classic ctf
    I think before blurting out anything you need to look at how far this game can go and how far this game is going to go
    Lastly I think all of this users should play this game with a few friends on steam voice chat and realise the elements of this game and how fun it can be with your friends
    I think you guys are really missing out give Jagex 3 5 months and I think this game is going to get much better
  3. Jan 28, 2013
    The game is getting better, initially, jagex ruined the game, it almost destroyed the original concept, but with the new update, they implemented a classical mode similar to the original one, and they improved the new "normal" mode. Jagex deserves a second chance, please, fell free to try it again, as a veteran player, I highly recommend it!!
  4. Jun 15, 2013
    I bought this game and am very very satisfied. Very addicting and very fun! A lot of people compare it to the older versions but I've never played the older versions and I love this game. Maybe more frequent updates, maybe another character but still. Very enjoyable.
  5. Mar 19, 2013
    I, too, doubted the integrity of this game, but thought it sounded awesome! So when it came up as free to play this last weekend, I gave it a shot. I'm glad I did. These reviews say the game is broken or that it is unbalanced/unplayable, but from what I've played so far, I haven't noticed any problems! The game is what you'd expect from a game of minecraft, teams, and guns. The zombie modeI, too, doubted the integrity of this game, but thought it sounded awesome! So when it came up as free to play this last weekend, I gave it a shot. I'm glad I did. These reviews say the game is broken or that it is unbalanced/unplayable, but from what I've played so far, I haven't noticed any problems! The game is what you'd expect from a game of minecraft, teams, and guns. The zombie mode is also really fun, though most people pick one of two classes. Either this game has come a long way, or some folks are just picky. It's inexpensive and very much worth your time! Expand
  6. Feb 14, 2013
    I feel like critics are giving this game a hard time for the wrong reasons. They point out it didn't work quite the way they imagined it, which is wrong, I see a great game, for $10, less than a gigabyte, that loads quickly, and joins quickly and has fun doing it. If I wanted a game with the same pace of multi player I would be dishing out $60 (6 times it price) for Call of Duty Black OpsI feel like critics are giving this game a hard time for the wrong reasons. They point out it didn't work quite the way they imagined it, which is wrong, I see a great game, for $10, less than a gigabyte, that loads quickly, and joins quickly and has fun doing it. If I wanted a game with the same pace of multi player I would be dishing out $60 (6 times it price) for Call of Duty Black Ops 2, or maybe if I wanted a Minecraft game I would buy Minecraft for $30 (3 times the price), so in all I would spend $90 to get the best of both worlds, or I could get a game which fits both of them together for a 1/9th the price! And I feel like this game has a future due to the fact the developers are constantly updating, and making it better! Not to mention the DLC's!!!! In my opinion this game is better than minecraft or Black Ops. Sometimes you don't want a storyline, sometimes you want a fun time that is quick, easy, accessible, and over all a amazing work! Not to be missed! Expand
  7. Apr 5, 2013
    The zombie mode itself, is worth the game, addicting and fun... Don't pay attention to all the bad reviews, they are voting down a game based off one little difference.
  8. Feb 17, 2013
    Ace of Spades IS NOT A BAD GAME. It dosen't deserve a 46 score on metacritic, ive seen worse games that have got better score! *Cough Cough* Aliens: Colonial Marines. It should get a better review than other things!
  9. Jan 31, 2013
    The game is great, I love it!
    The things that I find disappointing are simple: In the trailer (Steam) you can see some 'Maps' that are 'deleted' from the game....(??) Very disappointing..
    The fact that people cannot host a private server is very disappointing as well.... A new figure or something like that would be cool as well! If those things would be fixed/improved the game would be
    The game is great, I love it!
    If those things would be fixed/improved the game would be awesome!!!
    Now the game is great as well, but it could be better.
  10. Feb 3, 2013
    After the update the game is actually fun again with the new world war 1 inspired classic mode. In addition the jetpack was nerfed so building serves a point again.
  11. Feb 14, 2013
    Good game has flaws but is still tons of fun worth the $10. This game is kind of a let down and there is a lot of missed potential yet I keep coming back to this game.
  12. Apr 4, 2013
    I'm not sure what all the hate is about, but iv'e had plenty of enjoyable hours in this game! The zombie mode for me is by far the most fun, the others are good but nothing beats building a small fortress and sniping zombies from afar. A few balance issues which sometimes fill me with rage, and a few methods of griefing that I hope will be sorted out at some point (like putting explosivesI'm not sure what all the hate is about, but iv'e had plenty of enjoyable hours in this game! The zombie mode for me is by far the most fun, the others are good but nothing beats building a small fortress and sniping zombies from afar. A few balance issues which sometimes fill me with rage, and a few methods of griefing that I hope will be sorted out at some point (like putting explosives under friendlies and killing them with fall damage), but i'd recommend it to play with some friends certainly. Expand
  13. Feb 17, 2013
    Nice game. Fast paced, a good idea, lots of fun, amusing game modes, and would deserve more (especially more than its current average of 4.5 or 51). So what are the cons? Well, lack of self-hosting feature (so you cannot have your own private hosted game
  14. Feb 21, 2013
    I've highly enjoyed Ace of Spades, picked it up on a steam sale with the DLC and it's become a goto game.

Here's why: Mash up's are fun Mixing the minecraft style and combat like Team Fortress 2 is a strange and enjoyable mix. Simplcity From the design it's self to the gameplay, there's noting here that requires a great deal of for-thought, making it a fun game to mindless play with

Here's why:
    Mash up's are fun Mixing the minecraft style and combat like Team Fortress 2 is a strange and enjoyable mix. Simplcity From the design it's self to the gameplay, there's noting here that requires a great deal of for-thought, making it a fun game to mindless play with friends. Zombie Mode Easily my personal favourite mode (though the VIP gangster is a close second), you can create all kinds of strange and impressive forts to try and keep the zombies at bay. (Personally, I've had great success with the miner with the snowball gun, building complicated spider like bridges to the ground in many locations, making it more difficult for the zombies to collapse the building under you. )

Clearly this game isn't for everyone, but the reviews here seem rather unfair to the game that lets you shoot a satellite down in the moon base map
  15. Jan 29, 2013
    This would have to be one of the most entertaining games that I have ever played. The environment is fully destructible and it is always good fun to build huge towers to pick off enemies from a distance.

I fail to see where all the hatred for this game is coming from. For a game like this to a have a user and critic score of around 45-48% is totally unreasonable. The physics of this game are great, the class-based gameplay is brilliant, the game modes are awesome and this game, overall, is amazing.

To give a game a bad rating because it costs money is a waste of your own time and a statement that you are a cheap bastard. As for the critics, I'm not sure why the reviews were so negative.

My advice: buy the game and play it for yourself. It's only $10 and I would buy a game of this quality for $50+, it's that good.
  16. Jan 25, 2013
    To all those who are complaining about it having nothing on beta or the lack of private servers and so on...quit your whining. I'm sure if you submit to the devs they will eventually open up that option. Beta is also beta. The beta version of a game is never anywhere close to that of the final game. Give this game time. I personally just enjoy it for its boxy blood and gore. Tell the devsTo all those who are complaining about it having nothing on beta or the lack of private servers and so on...quit your whining. I'm sure if you submit to the devs they will eventually open up that option. Beta is also beta. The beta version of a game is never anywhere close to that of the final game. Give this game time. I personally just enjoy it for its boxy blood and gore. Tell the devs what you want. Don't whine about how much of a disappointment it is compared to beta. This game has potential. Don't give up on it yet! Expand
  17. Feb 27, 2013
    What are people complaining about? Its a simple, fun, easy to pick up, casual game thats very entertaining. Yes its a bum that you cant make your own game, but there are plenty of servers with people on them and empty servers (so you and your friends could join and vs one another) i find it very fun, either running around shooting people, or just blowing stuff up! everything isWhat are people complaining about? Its a simple, fun, easy to pick up, casual game thats very entertaining. Yes its a bum that you cant make your own game, but there are plenty of servers with people on them and empty servers (so you and your friends could join and vs one another) i find it very fun, either running around shooting people, or just blowing stuff up! everything is destructible so you can destroy and alter the map as much as you can in the time limit! you can also build your own little base or bunker with pre-set moulds you can use to instantly make them. This doesn't deserve the hate its getting, this is not as bad as people say it is and i would recommend this to everyone. (also, yes its different to the first, at least its not a copy paste game like Call Of Duty Modern warfare 2 and Call Of Duty Modern warfare 3) Expand
  18. Jan 12, 2013
    Even if other say this game is bad, I think it is good overall. I had mixed feelings at first because Jagex remade it and RuneScape was a disaster. Although it turned out well. I do have negative thoughts about it, but it is lots of fun to play and I highly recommend it.
  19. Feb 14, 2013
    I picked this up during one of the Steam sales and despite all the negative reviews I personally love this game. I didn't play the beta before JAGEX bought it up so maybe that's why I have no problem with it. AoS is the game I've been playing and with the new content coming will still be playing for a long time.
  20. Jan 11, 2013
    I don't see why this game got such a low score, it one of my favorite games. I play it all the time, and I hate basically all fps. there's a lot of diversity: marksman, he's basically the sniper. the commando, he's a tank.
    Miner, I call him the dwarf. and finally the roketeer who has a jet pack and a sub-machine gun. and some you can customize what weapons each person has. fyi: sorry if there's errors in my text
  21. Feb 14, 2013
    I honestly enjoy this game. I understand there's a lot of beta testers that thing the publishers really messed it up. Coming from a long history of playing Team Fortress games, this is a welcome change. Granted, there are a few issues to be worked out (spawn camping being the biggest), most games I've had have been enjoyable and rewarding.
    For those not able to find a server you can play
    For those not able to find a server you can play on, get some friends a copy of the game and hop on with them! For me, I've scored in the top 3 consistently with a ping over 300.
    Enjoy the game!
  22. Jul 23, 2013
    I don't see why everyone is hating now. Everyone is saying that the rocket launcher/drill gun/ most other weapons are O.P. but in the beta the rifle was basically the only weapon used because it had the distance to hit people. All these destructive weapons do is make it so guys can't camp up on a tiny spike with loads of connecting struts. It makes a change to have a FPS where you anI don't see why everyone is hating now. Everyone is saying that the rocket launcher/drill gun/ most other weapons are O.P. but in the beta the rifle was basically the only weapon used because it had the distance to hit people. All these destructive weapons do is make it so guys can't camp up on a tiny spike with loads of connecting struts. It makes a change to have a FPS where you an actually fight instead of just get hit in the head with a sniper bullet 600m away from where you stand. Yeah a guy may stand at your spawn or miles off and just spawn amp you but their bullets will nock out a nook for you to hide in and shoot them from. Destruction is a key feature and should be praised for being unique not condemned for not being as well implemented as it could be, it's not a £15 million game. When you look at this game just remember: This is NOT COD! It is NOT a blockbuster game. It COULD have been a blocky FPS with NO creativity. This is an FPS with something different that if a big company, like dice or Bungie or someone like that, there to add it to one of their massive games it would be a huge success. Expand
  23. Jan 7, 2013
    I've never played the original game but I don't understand why this game gets so much hate. It can be a little buggy at times but no word of a lie, I've spent many an hour playing this game and I've loved every part of it! fast paced destructive combat is extremely fun, it has its drawbacks but that doesn't mean that when you sit down and play this game you don't have fun, because II've never played the original game but I don't understand why this game gets so much hate. It can be a little buggy at times but no word of a lie, I've spent many an hour playing this game and I've loved every part of it! fast paced destructive combat is extremely fun, it has its drawbacks but that doesn't mean that when you sit down and play this game you don't have fun, because I certainly do. People moan about it being too fast paced but I'm afraid that fast paced shooters are what kids want these days and if this game is a classic fast paced shooter, then I'm all for it because this game is great! Expand
  24. Jan 8, 2013
    This game is not just another fps game; with a block based game it never is. Though at its current state, this game may not entertain you but i have hope that eventually there will be more room for user created stuff, such as maps, gamemodes, mods, etc. somewhat like Minecraft or Garry's Mod. To all players of the beta version of this game, i too was saddened by the fact that it was notThis game is not just another fps game; with a block based game it never is. Though at its current state, this game may not entertain you but i have hope that eventually there will be more room for user created stuff, such as maps, gamemodes, mods, etc. somewhat like Minecraft or Garry's Mod. To all players of the beta version of this game, i too was saddened by the fact that it was not free, but the fact that it is on steam with Jagex means that updates and new stuff would come, for the sake of the players. All in all, not the best game YET, but because of all its potential, we have to hope Expand
  25. Jan 26, 2013
    I honestly don't understand the bad reviews. Odds are they are mostly just children knocking a fun game for lack of HD graphics or whatnot. This game is amazing, a creative masterpiece, just what you need after being owned by cheap kill streaks in COD. You can fight, build, destroy and do anything to beat the other color. The four classes are balanced and each have special skills andI honestly don't understand the bad reviews. Odds are they are mostly just children knocking a fun game for lack of HD graphics or whatnot. This game is amazing, a creative masterpiece, just what you need after being owned by cheap kill streaks in COD. You can fight, build, destroy and do anything to beat the other color. The four classes are balanced and each have special skills and different weapons to equip.
    The ONLY thing that's stopping me from making this rating a 10 is a mediocre issue. I live in Canada, and its sometimes difficult to connect to a server. Minus that, its a great game, class based, and it sort of feels like your going back to the world of Minecraft. It would be a 9.7/10.
  26. Dec 23, 2012
    This is a great game with a constantly changing environment and a whole ton of fun. The only complaint I have is that there isn't a way to play community-made maps, but Jagex just added a bunch more maps, with even more scheduled to release early next year, so even that really isn't much of a problem.

Jagex has also been very responsive about the feedback of their game, and have been constantly working to reduce lag, balance weapons, and add maps which emphasis on strategy, since there has apparently been a complaint that the game lost some of that.

Its great game under a caring company.
  27. Dec 23, 2012
    I got this game when it went on sale for steam and I'm very glad I did. I played the original ace of spades a lot and feel like this one is at the very least a good game, and great successor. Much of what I think has already been said, but to anyone who doubts jagex's sincerity in listening to it's community and players, just look at this link.I got this game when it went on sale for steam and I'm very glad I did. I played the original ace of spades a lot and feel like this one is at the very least a good game, and great successor. Much of what I think has already been said, but to anyone who doubts jagex's sincerity in listening to it's community and players, just look at this link. http://www.aceofspades.com/forums/entry.php?12

It addresses many of the things people here have said and more.
  28. Jan 9, 2013
    I read SO many negative comments about this that I was quite nervous buying it, even though my friend kept telling me to get it. I gave it a try and I was totally surprised! Damn! It's awesome! Fun! Much better experience than I expected from these reviews. I've been playing for hours.

There are bugs and balancing issues, but it only takes a minute to find a different server if something goes wrong. I think the game was released too early, but it is already good and has big potential to be huge, IF the bugs are fixed and Jagex listens to the community. I played the original Ace of Spades too, and this is a different game. Not worse, just different. I like both and I will play both.

On metacritic and reddit there is now an organized campaign by angry fanboys of the original game, who don't want this new one to succeed. It's disgusting. A lot of them are acting like spoiled brats who didn't get exactly what they wanted, so now they're crying and screaming and determined to take AoS down. Look at all those people giving it zero points. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't even get WHY they are trying to destroy this game. They can still play the original. JAGEX even keep a link to the original game on their Ace of Spades website, so anyone can download it and play it for free. What more do these kids want? It makes me feel sick of the whole immature buildandshoot community
  29. Jan 11, 2013
    Ace of Spades is like the fast-paced and hilarious spawn of TF2 and Minecraft. I like that it has a casual game feel without too high of a hardware requirement, so I can just drop in and out and play for half and hour when I like. It's more than a casual game though. When you and your team undermine and demolish the enemy base to turn the game around in the last minute, it's epic. WARNING:Ace of Spades is like the fast-paced and hilarious spawn of TF2 and Minecraft. I like that it has a casual game feel without too high of a hardware requirement, so I can just drop in and out and play for half and hour when I like. It's more than a casual game though. When you and your team undermine and demolish the enemy base to turn the game around in the last minute, it's epic. WARNING: Ace of Spades was built off of a free game, the fanboys of which have joined Metacritc in their droves to just to post 0 score reviews. Don't listen to them. This is a good game with good support. Most of the issues that those fanboys were whining about 3 weeks ago on Metacritic were already fixed. I don't like that you cant have your own server yet, but there are lots of official servers all round the world, lots of maps, lots of game modes. I think with the resources the dev company puts in, that this game is getting better every week Expand
  30. Mar 17, 2013
    EVERYBODY PLEASE READ THIS: I have no idea where these reviews are coming from. Okay, there are a few bugs, and you cannot create your own server- but the game is FUN. The game is extremely fun, and has many modes to keep you interested. The initial launch was a disaster- but now that they fixed the major problems, this is a really great game. This game is not a 10- It is more like a 7.5-EVERYBODY PLEASE READ THIS: I have no idea where these reviews are coming from. Okay, there are a few bugs, and you cannot create your own server- but the game is FUN. The game is extremely fun, and has many modes to keep you interested. The initial launch was a disaster- but now that they fixed the major problems, this is a really great game. This game is not a 10- It is more like a 7.5- but with all these awful reviews from irrational people- I need to average this out. Expand
  31. Feb 26, 2013
    It's a very interesting game Command shooter is very expressive and it can take you for hours! Now with practically all bugs fixed new locations and new Dlc it' s even better then before!
  32. Mar 16, 2013
    i think this game is really good i like the worlds like Tokyo and London and the characters you get to be.
    The only thing i don't like is when you click join blue team and when you get in the game you are a green team but other than that it is good game. so i'll give a ten out of ten
  33. Aug 10, 2013
    really fun just griefing and messing with friends! great game to play when board and need something better to do!! I don't understand all the negative reviews, maybe they just don't understand the fun of the miner with his griefing tool!
  34. Aug 31, 2013
    This is a absolutely nice game! I can not understand why it has so a bad score. It has so much game modes, it gets updates and I can play it the whole day together with my friends! The only thing I don't like in this games are the trolls, griefers, hacker, and those little kiddys who are disconnecting when they become a zombie.
  35. Dec 30, 2012
    A lot of haters on this game. It plays well, and is a quite a blast to play; especially with friends. It even has a CS:S zombie mode in it that's incredibly enjoyable.

The only thing I feel it lacking is the classic AoS gamemode when it was free to play beta. If they reimplimented the classic mode, then a lot of people might dig a lot more on it. It's still a solid game, the lag is

It's still a solid game, the lag is ficticious, and it's fun. Grab it, it's worth your buck.
  36. Dec 22, 2012
    OK, so I understand that maybe there might be some lag at points (I haven't had any problems though) and the sniper is weak, but this game is still great! There are multiple game types, including the Zombies! mode and there are a bunch of people playing, so you will never be in an empty lobby. If you played the old free version, then you know this is a huge upgrade. The only complaint IOK, so I understand that maybe there might be some lag at points (I haven't had any problems though) and the sniper is weak, but this game is still great! There are multiple game types, including the Zombies! mode and there are a bunch of people playing, so you will never be in an empty lobby. If you played the old free version, then you know this is a huge upgrade. The only complaint I have is that I want a level editor. Besides that, it is a fantastic game that I have gladly played 26 hours of already!! PS: If your are lagging then maybe your are not on the correct server location. Expand
  37. Dec 24, 2012
    It's amazing when it works. The gameplay is great, zombies is great. You'll run into a lot of lag (ping and fps). But hopefully they'll patch it. My score is based on the game actually working.
  38. Dec 21, 2012
    I was very excited to try this game when I saw it featured on Steam. I checked metacritic and found massive hate for it. Then I checked a gameplay video on youtube and found that it looked like a lot of fun. Then I re-read metacritic and realized that all the 0 scores were from people who played the old free version of it and don't like the many changes in the commercial version. II was very excited to try this game when I saw it featured on Steam. I checked metacritic and found massive hate for it. Then I checked a gameplay video on youtube and found that it looked like a lot of fun. Then I re-read metacritic and realized that all the 0 scores were from people who played the old free version of it and don't like the many changes in the commercial version. I tried the free version today and it was a fun little game, but I still say I prefer this Jagex remake. The gameplay is fun if there are enough players around, and while it wasn't mindblowingly exciting, I still think I'm going to give this game a few hours of my time and think it deserves a better score. Expand
  39. Jan 12, 2013
    You people really stop your **** your just giving it unfair rating because you must pay for it and the game isn't even done! So stop complaining and enjoy a good game!
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    Ace of spades is Awesome but it is true the servers are locked down and well it also has problems but still the games is not done yet but still it is a great game
  41. Jan 5, 2013
    I feel like there are a lot of butthurt people giving this game a zero mainly because it apparently used to be f2p and now because it costs a little cash it now sucks? I went a bought the game just because of that and gave it a 10. You guys are pathetic. Seriously pathetic. Review the game based off of gameplay not because your mommy wont give you the 5 or 10 bucks it costs to buy it. **** sad.
  42. Feb 27, 2013
    When I first started playing Ace of Spades, I expected a TF2 version of Minecraft. I was sorely disappointed when actually playing it, though. The build-destroy mechanism didn't offer much except tunneling under your enemy's base and killing them from behind, and the weapons were pretty hard to use. Overall, the gameplay was horrible and I quit soon after, feeling that my hard-earned $10When I first started playing Ace of Spades, I expected a TF2 version of Minecraft. I was sorely disappointed when actually playing it, though. The build-destroy mechanism didn't offer much except tunneling under your enemy's base and killing them from behind, and the weapons were pretty hard to use. Overall, the gameplay was horrible and I quit soon after, feeling that my hard-earned $10 went to waste. After a month, I decided to come back to play for an hour or two to see how Jagex changed the game, as updates kept popping up on Steam. The game seems much more refined now, with new modes added and DLC available. I was impressed how much the game changed, as gameplay is streamlined and faster than before. Sniper rifles are much more accurate, and multiple weapons to choose for your loadout is a welcome change. The original modes (capture the flag, team deathmatch, etc.) are refined and are much better than before. Although casual gamers will be turned off by the low score and the mediocre gameplay, persistent ones will stick through and fully appreciate this game, promising or not. Expand
  43. Apr 12, 2013
    I know why this game gets a bad rap, but honestly it doesn't deserve a measly 4.9 score. Sure, there are trolls infesting the public servers and the publisher (Jagex) is slow to respond to the community; however those things shouldn't distort the fact that there is s true gem of a game here. It's not perfect what game is? and I won't deny that things like the lack of private serversI know why this game gets a bad rap, but honestly it doesn't deserve a measly 4.9 score. Sure, there are trolls infesting the public servers and the publisher (Jagex) is slow to respond to the community; however those things shouldn't distort the fact that there is s true gem of a game here. It's not perfect what game is? and I won't deny that things like the lack of private servers will frustrate people when they run smack bang into a troll-fest; however not every game is like that. I've sunk hundreds of hours into this game within the first three weeks of owning it; and the gameplay options are endless. Literally, your imagination is the limit when you play, and when you have a few friends to play with... well, those games are unbelievably good. Don't be put off by the issues; look at the possibilities and you'll see that the only thing this game really needs is a larger, more dedicated player base in order to unlock its true potential. Expand
  44. May 15, 2013
    AoS Minecraft TF2. But still missing some FPS spice.

bases before annihilating each other, the absence of this feature leaves this game feeling extremely lacking.
  45. May 17, 2013
    I don't understand why so much negative reviews... ok the game needs improvements... but the developer are working hard and the updates are always ready with new improvements.

I love this game, one original first person shooter in the sea of the clones, and the "minecraft" style land, offers new approaches to the strategy of the game and lots of fun.
  46. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. im so shocked that all those haters are hating on jagex. give them a freaking break! they tried to make a good game that players would play and like. im well aware of the lag and the "O.P." weapons. well, that's all part of the challenge. also, people hate the game just for the fact that it is "expensive". well, to all those kids who look for the hd graphics, or a game that is super violent and gross, like COD. COD was an M game. that means mature people only, now some kids who play it then think that they know everything about guns. ace of spades is a game that was made off the sole purpose that people liked the original one. then jagex came and made it better with classes, and new game modes and weapons. I like the game because it is my 2 favourite game types pfs and sandbox) together into a massively multiplayer creative fps game. so, for all those haters out there who hate the game just because they took away the rocketeer, who could fly across the map and rain bullets from above, or that its too fast paced, or because it isn't all about building a base, to give it another try. it IS a fun game, and for those people who expect to play aos on a poopy computer, STOP HATING!!! so, for those of you who played for 2 mins and now hate it, give it another try!

----- pyrothexxxx
  47. Oct 4, 2013
    Sometimes Ace Of Spades is boring but map creator, steam workshop it's good. Ace Of Spades is good because it's creative and multiplayer shooter game. [NEWEST] You can build and download maps to steam workshop it's easy and i love it.

-VerneriCode (Basic Coding And Game Ratings)
  48. Mar 1, 2013
    [FR] Je ne suis pas du tout dacore avec les avis Negatif Se jeux et merveilleux vous avez 4 classes ext Que demander de mieux nn? Je vous le conseille n'obeissez pas au Negatif Mais que au Positif
  49. Mar 4, 2013
    I think that most people played the game before all the updates came out, and so they gave a bad rating. the game is quite fun with a load of versatility and the mechanics are great. hey is a tonne of teamwork involved,and you can get better and better and its even more fun to play with friends.definitely a good game.
  50. Apr 10, 2013
    The zombie mode for this game is its greatest selling point having only recently discovered this game i have found myself and a group of my friends spending hours fighting the hordes of zombies and even playing as the zombie can be fun taking down your friends while i do admit there are some balance issues and griefing issues these problems are being noticed and fixed and i am sure many ofThe zombie mode for this game is its greatest selling point having only recently discovered this game i have found myself and a group of my friends spending hours fighting the hordes of zombies and even playing as the zombie can be fun taking down your friends while i do admit there are some balance issues and griefing issues these problems are being noticed and fixed and i am sure many of the negative reviews are now complaining about something the game has fixed Expand
  51. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is awesome, i don't understand how the people compare that game with other games, and some people don't play because of the graphics. The graphics are really bad, but the game is very funny. I'm not giving 10 because an update, now you can't choose the server you gonna enter (except at custom match) and it glitch sometimes
  52. May 3, 2014
    It's like Minecraft, but it gives you guns and costs ten dollars less. Its fanbase is also less annoying, and you're likely to enjoy digging tunnels beneath the enemy's feet before swallowing him up like a mutant rabbit. You'll like it, trust me.
  53. Oct 15, 2013
    Nice game, I prefered the old one, but what? We cannot effect on the game, by giving it a bad critics and bad scores makes Ace of Spades Multiplayer Dead!?!?!?! No one wish that. Because of you IDIOTS it's just the matter of time when this multiplayer game is going to collapse
  54. Apr 26, 2014
    Quite a good PC game. It's a fun minecraft COD style FPS. It's not a serious FPS, as it has some comic humor in it. I've had about 50 hours of fun playing this, mostly with friends. The only problem I have with it is that the servers are absolute rubbish. It lags on every game, and almost nearly crashes every single game. To be honest, I don't think the creators give any notice of thisQuite a good PC game. It's a fun minecraft COD style FPS. It's not a serious FPS, as it has some comic humor in it. I've had about 50 hours of fun playing this, mostly with friends. The only problem I have with it is that the servers are absolute rubbish. It lags on every game, and almost nearly crashes every single game. To be honest, I don't think the creators give any notice of this game anymore as they stuck it on laggy, almost unplayable servers. Expand
  55. Jul 14, 2014
    The game offers unique gameplay, a mix of Minecraft and Call of Duty, and offers a variety of fun game modes.

The problem, however, is the fact that there is a big lack of 'kick' to the game. There is 0 modding, no dedicated servers, and not enough players. There are minor bugs to the game. For it to be released in 2012 and still not be redeemed as a stable, good game is shocking.

Gameplay is very fast paced, though. It has some comedy in it.

On my critic side I would give it a 6 out of 10, but personal enjoyment (my most played game on steam!) I would give it an 8 out of 10.
  56. Sep 8, 2014
    this is a great game. Do not listen to all those old reviews from 2012.
    now you CAN host your own game!
    For all those "beta version only" people, there is Classic CTF Mode!!! There is plain old CTF It is too balanced! there are 4 classes; Commando & Marksman are like front line people, they are the classes for fighting! the other 2 are Engineer and Miner, which are there to
    this is a great game. Do not listen to all those old reviews from 2012.
    now you CAN host your own game!
    For all those "beta version only" people, there is Classic CTF Mode!!!
    There is plain old CTF
    It is too balanced! there are 4 classes; Commando & Marksman are like front line people, they are the classes for fighting! the other 2 are Engineer and Miner, which are there to significantly alter the environment, not specifically for fighting!
    some versions of classic CTF have a shotgun and an assault rifle! stop whining about it!
    only miner has good explosives! stop saying 'wat is dat point of buiiilding!!! they jus blo every thin up!"
    zombie gamemode WORKS!

The only reason this game got a 9 instead of a 10 is that the map editor is sloppy and you seem to have a lack of control
  57. Jan 31, 2013
    I honestly don't get why people are out to get this game. Its fun, addictive, and great to play with friends, especially zombies. All these people are pissed because of no map editor and the fact that you cant host your own servers. I admit, that sucks, but give the game a rating for the features it has, not what it doesn't. Jagex listened to the community and actually added classic mode,I honestly don't get why people are out to get this game. Its fun, addictive, and great to play with friends, especially zombies. All these people are pissed because of no map editor and the fact that you cant host your own servers. I admit, that sucks, but give the game a rating for the features it has, not what it doesn't. Jagex listened to the community and actually added classic mode, which is great because now its the complete Ace of Spades experience. So im betting we will see a map editor and private servers in the future. I'm not saying its perfect, but its not worth these extremely negative reviews. Collapse

1. Mar 15, 2013
    There might be some good ideas in there somewhere but Ace of Spades has no game in it. In the Minecraft it was the beauty of it, but concept doesn't work if you will try to make a FPS. [March 2013]
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    On paper it sounds like it could be a winning combination, and perhaps this will improve as the game evolves, but in practice the play styles don't mesh well together, seemingly diametrically opposed at times.
  3. Feb 18, 2013