Mixed or average reviews- based on 17 Ratings
Sep 5, 2016A nonsensical story in which every minute you find a puzzle-lock exactly where there shouldn't be one: that's forgivable but disappointing andA nonsensical story in which every minute you find a puzzle-lock exactly where there shouldn't be one: that's forgivable but disappointing and lazy nonetheless. Nothing to explore: that's forgivable but disappointing and lazy nonetheless, and it shifts the genre from adventure game to puzzles game. Puzzles repeated 4 or 5 times each: the lazy dev is seriously pushing his luck.
On top of that, you can finish 95% of the puzzles by brute force, while polishing your nails to keep your brain busy. The remaining 5% do require that you pay attention to an obvious clue, and 1 of them also requires you to use your keyboard when you realise that you cannot do the otherwise easyssimo platforming bit with your gamepad.
It's pretty enough but, essentially, it's pretty boring. There are plenty of free, better, prettier puzzles online or on mobile devices. Not even a casual player should pay for these Revelations.… Full Review »
Aug 22, 2015This episode made me appreciate Adam's Venture much more.
It's better than the first two, and make the game more worthy of your time. Too badThis episode made me appreciate Adam's Venture much more.
It's better than the first two, and make the game more worthy of your time. Too bad the first two episodes were a little more mediocre and not as good as this one, but I guess it was some sort of game-evolution process.
No, Adam's Venture is still not a terrific game. It is still not too memorable, and it is not very likely you'd play it again after completing it once.
But it's an OK adventure.
In the third episodes, as I said, things get better at least. I felt the graphics were more optimized, the game ran more smoothly than the first two episodes. The graphics themselves were also more interesting, there were various environments with more details and places which were actually interesting to explore. Not that there's too much to explore as this game is extremely linear, but still, the environments were pleasent to view.
The puzzles are finally more challanging, I found myself actually thinking and taking my time solving some of the puzzles, unlike the ridiculously simple puzzles from previous episodes.
The story here is also more interesting the the previous two.
In short, it really is a nice game. After playing the 3rd episode I actually consider playing all of them again someday.
Recommended for die hard fans of adventure games which can stand casual ones, or simply fans of casual puzzles...… Full Review »
May 4, 2014Game: Adam's Venture: The Search for the Lost Garden.
Developer: Vertigo Games BV. Publisher: Iceberg Interactive. TheGame: Adam's Venture: The Search for the Lost Garden.
Developer: Vertigo Games BV.
Publisher: Iceberg Interactive.
The game won't even start, "VentureGame.exe has stopped working", and Vertigo Games and Iceberg Interactive don't help at all.
0/10.… Full Review »