7.4

1. Aug 13, 2012
    This review takes into account all three episodes, as it is essentially one story provided in episodic form. On the plus side, episode 3 begins to use the Unreal graphics engine more than the first two, making (finally) some nice environments to play in. Although you move around tomb raider style, the gameplay could as easily have been point-and-click, which perhaps would have workedThis review takes into account all three episodes, as it is essentially one story provided in episodic form. On the plus side, episode 3 begins to use the Unreal graphics engine more than the first two, making (finally) some nice environments to play in. Although you move around tomb raider style, the gameplay could as easily have been point-and-click, which perhaps would have worked better if more time was then spent on the graphics. The music is also nice, if forgettable, and there's some nice humour in it (often missing in these games). Though it's simply not a great game, it's nice/borderline good. A big problem is that each episode has one core puzzle which must be solved 3 or 4 times. In Episode 2 when Adam says "not another disc puzzle", you pretty much feel the same thing as the gamer. Ditto the maze puzzle in Episode 3, played 4 times. That gets tiresome (and it's lazy game design). Puzzles are often put in places because that place probably needs a puzzle, nothing more coherent than that you feel. Its also extremely linear even for this storyline genre, making you feel you are living in a corridor, and not a bigger environment. Each episode has about 2 hours gameplay, so 6 hours in total for all three at $15. OK, but not great when there is no replay value. Overall, a nice diversion for 6 hours that has some nice individuality in the two main characters, but not in the graphics or music. I will probably buy future episodes at $5 or less, and enjoy my two hours each time, but as things stand, they're not worth any more than that. Expand
  2. Aug 22, 2015
    This episode made me appreciate Adam's Venture much more.
    It's better than the first two, and make the game more worthy of your time. Too bad the first two episodes were a little more mediocre and not as good as this one, but I guess it was some sort of game-evolution process.
    This episode made me appreciate Adam's Venture much more.
    No, Adam's Venture is still not a terrific game. It is still not too memorable, and it is not very likely you'd play it again after completing it once.
    But it's an OK adventure.

In the third episodes, as I said, things get better at least. I felt the graphics were more optimized, the game ran more smoothly than the first two episodes. The graphics themselves were also more interesting, there were various environments with more details and places which were actually interesting to explore. Not that there's too much to explore as this game is extremely linear, but still, the environments were pleasent to view.
    The puzzles are finally more challanging, I found myself actually thinking and taking my time solving some of the puzzles, unlike the ridiculously simple puzzles from previous episodes.
    The story here is also more interesting the the previous two.

In short, it really is a nice game. After playing the 3rd episode I actually consider playing all of them again someday.
    Recommended for die hard fans of adventure games which can stand casual ones, or simply fans of casual puzzles...

There are no critic reviews yet.