8.2

1. Jul 19, 2012
    I purchased this game not knowing what to expect and wow was I suprised, The story in this game kept me playing it all the way through, it was difficult to put down, A fantastic game! 10/10
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    Definately one of the best game I have played so far this year, absolutely Top-Notch! I loved the characters and that game ceased to disappoint me. Worth buying.
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    This review takes into account all three episodes, as it is essentially one story provided in episodic form. On the plus side, episode 3 begins to use the Unreal graphics engine more than the first two, making (finally) some nice environments to play in. Although you move around tomb raider style, the gameplay could as easily have been point-and-click, which perhaps would have workedThis review takes into account all three episodes, as it is essentially one story provided in episodic form. On the plus side, episode 3 begins to use the Unreal graphics engine more than the first two, making (finally) some nice environments to play in. Although you move around tomb raider style, the gameplay could as easily have been point-and-click, which perhaps would have worked better if more time was then spent on the graphics. The music is also nice, if forgettable, and there's some nice humour in it (often missing in these games). Though it's simply not a great game, it's nice/borderline good. A big problem is that each episode has one core puzzle which must be solved 3 or 4 times. In Episode 2 when Adam says "not another disc puzzle", you pretty much feel the same thing as the gamer. Ditto the maze puzzle in Episode 3, played 4 times. That gets tiresome (and it's lazy game design). Puzzles are often put in places because that place probably needs a puzzle, nothing more coherent than that you feel. Its also extremely linear even for this storyline genre, making you feel you are living in a corridor, and not a bigger environment. Each episode has about 2 hours gameplay, so 6 hours in total for all three at $15. OK, but not great when there is no replay value. Overall, a nice diversion for 6 hours that has some nice individuality in the two main characters, but not in the graphics or music. I will probably buy future episodes at $5 or less, and enjoy my two hours each time, but as things stand, they're not worth any more than that. Expand
  4. rqr
    May 4, 2014
    Game: Adam's Venture: The Search for the Lost Garden.
    Platform: PC.
    Developer: Vertigo Games BV.
    Publisher: Iceberg Interactive.

The game won't even start, "VentureGame.exe has stopped working", and Vertigo Games and Iceberg Interactive don't help at all.

0/10.

There are no critic reviews yet.