8.9

1. Feb 19, 2011
    The best story line ever, probably better than FF7! the game was made for the 360 so theres no suprise no one picked up a copy, since they where just getting there hands on the 360 they wanted to play with the best graphics at that time, even though the graphics on this game is the best i saw for the original xbox, the company rushed it and made it flop. I just wish I could play the lastThe best story line ever, probably better than FF7! the game was made for the 360 so theres no suprise no one picked up a copy, since they where just getting there hands on the 360 they wanted to play with the best graphics at that time, even though the graphics on this game is the best i saw for the original xbox, the company rushed it and made it flop. I just wish I could play the last two games and find out what happens. the game play and the story line along with the graphics (kickass) Expand
  2. Nov 23, 2010
    It's been a long time since I last played this game, but I enjoyed it like I've enjoyed few games since. What brought Advent Rising to life was the progression of the story, which kept you going, just to find out what would happen next. I have little patience for the critics who slammed the game for technical errors. If I read a great book, 2 pages into it I don't care what paper it'sIt's been a long time since I last played this game, but I enjoyed it like I've enjoyed few games since. What brought Advent Rising to life was the progression of the story, which kept you going, just to find out what would happen next. I have little patience for the critics who slammed the game for technical errors. If I read a great book, 2 pages into it I don't care what paper it's printed on; I just want to find out what'll happen when I turn over the page.
    Three parts were promised, one was delivered. I'm downright pissed, gentlemen, because I want to see the sequel coming out. Because of the story!!!!!!
  3. Oct 2, 2010
    Ahahaha.Good.This game stoles a lot.From games and movies.But stoles with style.Good enough.Nice graphics pretty weapons(some stolen from Halo) ai is kinda boring has some vehicles(buggy stolen from halo without succes it sucks) and pretty nice level design.The dual-wielding of rocket launchers and heavy weapons is cool.The friendly alien race is again stolen from Halo(elites) here withAhahaha.Good.This game stoles a lot.From games and movies.But stoles with style.Good enough.Nice graphics pretty weapons(some stolen from Halo) ai is kinda boring has some vehicles(buggy stolen from halo without succes it sucks) and pretty nice level design.The dual-wielding of rocket launchers and heavy weapons is cool.The friendly alien race is again stolen from Halo(elites) here with some nice additions.Their battleships are again stolen from Halo.But anyway good game with nice gameplay and controls.9 Expand
  4. BenM.
    Apr 30, 2006
    Sweetest game ever. Unbelievably awesome storyline, amazing gameplay. I'm running out of adjectives. Anybody who gave this game under a 90% can and should go soak their heads.
  5. Mystic
    Aug 13, 2005
    Don't let stupid critics fool you. This game is phenomenol. I found it more fun than HALO and the ending is the BEST I have ever seen. Kick ass!
  6. AlanB.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Gotta agree there, despite one or two graphical glitches I've seen, the gameplay is awesome.
  7. DirkK.
    Oct 18, 2006
    This game is a bit dated in the graphics department, but makes up for that with an excellent soundtrack and an awesome storyline. To be honest I enjoyed Advent Rising more than Half-Life 2. Its just a better game. Well worth the money and time.
  8. J.G.
    Jan 9, 2006
    such an awsome game, one of the best ones i've played. There may be some gliches every once in a while, but so what, what game doesnt have gliches. Im really mad hearing that there wont be any sequels made for it, because so many people complained about the game for no reason and bankrupted the company. i just hope that there will be a sequel or the entire trilogy in the future, such an awsome game, one of the best ones i've played. There may be some gliches every once in a while, but so what, what game doesnt have gliches. Im really mad hearing that there wont be any sequels made for it, because so many people complained about the game for no reason and bankrupted the company. i just hope that there will be a sequel or the entire trilogy in the future, cause its such an awsome game. Expand
  9. JohnnyM.
    Sep 15, 2006
    Wasn't as buggy as the Xbox release, well written dialogues and was a brilliant game for what it was supposed to be: The introductory leg of a three leg series.
  10. GF
    Sep 20, 2006
    The game is really fun to play and the graphics are very stylish. I really enjoyed this game.
  11. GordonJ.
    Feb 2, 2007
    Excellent story and gameplay, graphics are a bit s***, but what can you expect from a console port.
  12. DustinP
    Oct 1, 2008
    ok ok every game has a few flaws however as far as a game that takes away bordom this is perfect a story line that is damn near better then Halo and a fun experience t be like a god without being a god its newish and exciting the PC version is the only one ive played the controls are simple and easy to use easy to learn i truly enjoyed this game and this is omming from someone who though ok ok every game has a few flaws however as far as a game that takes away bordom this is perfect a story line that is damn near better then Halo and a fun experience t be like a god without being a god its newish and exciting the PC version is the only one ive played the controls are simple and easy to use easy to learn i truly enjoyed this game and this is omming from someone who though COD4 sucked online play is ok for a bit and the offline play sucked hardcore however Advent Risiong beats teh majority of those games it is fun and not boring like the others and needs to have a sequel maybe change the physics engine make it look prettyer and set us up with some more powers more story and lets see the humans conquer lets see them find another planet with others that band togetehr to take out the seekers i think it was wonderfull and needs more much much more maybe say forget the trilogy lets go right for a series and keep it going there is no limit to the potential of this story. Expand
  13. stanleyf
    Jun 19, 2008
    Possibly the best game I've ever played. Sure some people wine about the controls, but i've played games with far worse controls then this. And it wasn't even half bad once you got the hang of it. Story wise, its probably on par with ff7/8 if not better and its definately an epic story and incredibly well written. GREAT voice overs! I rarely see good voice overs anymore but Possibly the best game I've ever played. Sure some people wine about the controls, but i've played games with far worse controls then this. And it wasn't even half bad once you got the hang of it. Story wise, its probably on par with ff7/8 if not better and its definately an epic story and incredibly well written. GREAT voice overs! I rarely see good voice overs anymore but the acting and voice were superb. Combat was also reallllllly fun, c'mon how many other games out there let you blow the crap out of anyone near you, let you throw balls of energy blowing up stuff, tons of other unique abilities that games still today lack. Even the graphics aren't that bad, its not gears of war but the game does a great job of making you feel immersed in the story and world. And to top it off, there lots of twists and turns that most games today simply can't pull off. This game is truly unique if you haven't played it I highly suggest you do so regardless of those incredibly stupid reviewers from those magazines. Those guys really need to stop expecting every single game to be completely new and unique. Expand
  14. geronimos
    Jul 16, 2009
    Have played many games in life and in pc. have played the stupid halo too.advent rising is in a class of its own.there are holes to be plugged i admit, but what game does not.if i meet those stupid reviewers they are history.i only play games that i enjoy, advent rising is one of them.hope the trilogy is completed. Amen.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Excellent game. A great piece of interactive fiction! Great cinimatics; great story. I can't wait for the next one. If it runs too fast, google the game title and the words "too fast" for a fix.
  16. AnthonyH.
    Jan 16, 2006
    The Best Game i've ever played. I couldn't put it down. The best storyline i've ever seen in a game, felt like you were in a movie. The ending had me stuned and wanting more. Usually this type of game would not intrest me much, but Orsen Scott Card does an amazing storytelling job.
  17. db
    Jan 20, 2006
    Learning new control themes was tricky at times but that is part of the fun. I wish it had been a little longer, and wish there would be more like this to come. The harsh critics of this game have tunnel vision and very little imagination I presume. Com,mon I need a sequel. This game was as much fun as any other I have played. Kind of a mix of Unreal and Deus Ex.
  18. AdiS.
    Apr 27, 2006
    Amazing Concept and Execution and the easily best soundtrack in 2005.
  19. ThomasG.
    Sep 15, 2006
    It's absolutely enthrawling. I'm glued to it. Remindes me of the kind of sci fi movies I wish I was seeing in theater right now. Story line is great. Negatives are that some bugs exist resulting in getting kicked out of the game while playing however they don't start occuring till the first bounty hunter interaction for me and that's pretty far in the game.... I think.
  20. CodyE.
    Sep 21, 2006
    Very good plotline...but kind of dinky objectives sometimes.Nice graphix for this type of game also.
  21. MooseMan
    Sep 22, 2006
    Great story, great game, great fun the most original shooter I've seen this whole year.
  22. JamesK.
    Sep 24, 2006
    Great story, lots of fun! Can't wait for the rest of the trilogy.
  23. EliasR.
    Sep 29, 2006
    This is one of the best games I have played, alot because of the story, its really really good, took me 11 hours on easy, there is no blood in it, but im actually ok with that, if you play for a long time, it can catch you, so you really get hte feeling of, man i gotta save olivia ( from where you have to flee from the planet, you get told to leave, not get your girl and leave) ( could This is one of the best games I have played, alot because of the story, its really really good, took me 11 hours on easy, there is no blood in it, but im actually ok with that, if you play for a long time, it can catch you, so you really get hte feeling of, man i gotta save olivia ( from where you have to flee from the planet, you get told to leave, not get your girl and leave) ( could also be the brother) another thing i like, is that the rescourses is alot open, its ogg as music, and bik, I did also see they made 2 versions (brother or girlfriend) , the game plays like a story, it get cleared, and end, with this lose end, where you sit, and think what will the future give, on the same time its really anoying, so you get the credits to think about it in, and then, there are some extra levels, and thats is a big + cause , we know the begining, and got a path, so people as do, will stop thinking, oh that pilot and out man, is going to be the new adam and eva, and as I see, then are the game made on unreal engine, and thats not bad at all, especially because of the dynamic bullet system it got. Expand
  24. VivekT.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Rating it makes no difference any more, since there will be no sequels on the basis of its popularity, and truth be told, the reviews let this fabulous game down in a major way. Nevertheless, AR has been one of the most mature game, with regard to story-telling, that it has been my pleasure to play. And why does one play a game at all? In my case it is in order to experience a story in Rating it makes no difference any more, since there will be no sequels on the basis of its popularity, and truth be told, the reviews let this fabulous game down in a major way. Nevertheless, AR has been one of the most mature game, with regard to story-telling, that it has been my pleasure to play. And why does one play a game at all? In my case it is in order to experience a story in proxy, like reading such an enthralling book, that one gets vicariously absorbed into the narration and the action, and experiences the excitement and the terror, and the unfolding of the story in a thrillingly personal way. Shame on you, Majesco, for not allowing sequels of this great story to be developed! Expand
  25. PatrickS.
    Feb 16, 2007
    The game was awesome and we need a sequel!
  26. JeremyK.
    Apr 13, 2007
    This game has a great soundtrack, amazing gameplay, none of the bugs reported on xbox and a story that will leave you begging for more. Only problem I was a small jump glitch that took me a few seconds to get out of. Overall this game was awesome and should definatly have a sequel.
  27. JasonK.
    Oct 24, 2005
    It is a very enjoyable game, but for some reason I cannot beat the very last part where you either face the main charator's brother or lover. It does have a lot of gliches. I know in certain parts you don't want to kill everything other wise the camra angle freezes.
  28. LandisT.
    Aug 24, 2005
    Great fun. Great game. Give us part 2!
  29. TimH.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Don't listen to the critics that don't seem to understand the art behind this science fiction masterpiece. It is every bit as good and probably better than Halo 2. Gamers and developers alike should be paying close attention to Majesco as they actually appear to have enormous inspiration to take risks and create original works of gaming art like Advent Rising, Psychonauts, and Don't listen to the critics that don't seem to understand the art behind this science fiction masterpiece. It is every bit as good and probably better than Halo 2. Gamers and developers alike should be paying close attention to Majesco as they actually appear to have enormous inspiration to take risks and create original works of gaming art like Advent Rising, Psychonauts, and Phantom Dust - keep up the good work guys. Majesco should be honored for breathing some fresh air into an often wrechedly stale gaming industry. The critics can zip their mouths and go back to playing games involving the hackneyed themes of viral mutation, zombies, and a variety of demonic entities. Leave this game to gamers that still possess an imagination and appreciation for good art and good story telling. I had a great time the first time through Advent and plan on playing it again before the next installment is released. Give it a try. Collapse
  30. ScottB.
    Oct 29, 2006
    Overall one of the best games I have bought in a long time. The targeting system gives you fits untill almost the end of the game, but im sure that will be fixed by the next installment. The Storyline is one of the best in any sci-fi game, escpecially as a fan of Orson Scott Card's writing. The graphics were slightly behind the times, but the writing was enough to overcome the lack Overall one of the best games I have bought in a long time. The targeting system gives you fits untill almost the end of the game, but im sure that will be fixed by the next installment. The Storyline is one of the best in any sci-fi game, escpecially as a fan of Orson Scott Card's writing. The graphics were slightly behind the times, but the writing was enough to overcome the lack of eye candy. Expand
  31. DavidS.
    Sep 15, 2006
    A very very amazing game, infact on my list of top ten games from NES to today, it ranks number two. The Story really hooks you in, and the actual gameplay is really fun, enough to over look a couple bugs. The dialog rocked and so did the action, this is well worth the buy.
  32. Przemek
    Nov 15, 2007
    One of the best games i've played. Orson Scott Card has done marvelous job creating this story... It was planed for a trillogy, but it's quiet about other two parts of the adventure... I'd realy enjoy futher doings of Gideon Wyeth :)
  33. ppt
    Mar 15, 2008
    The game is not finished :( you will run into problems including the objects you need to use do not function all the time. This requires you to restart the game possibly more then once. That said the story and soundtrack are so good that regardless of the problems the game is worth playing. If you are a gamer who likes a emotional engaging story then this is one you will not soon forget.
  34. PerK
    Feb 14, 2009
    This is a GEM of a game, I'ts a long time sinceI finished it, and STILL remember it..if you're looking for good gameplay and not brainless fluff try this out.
  35. ChrisN.
    Dec 24, 2007
    Absolutely amazing game. Really a departure from the norm, which in this case is a very good thing. The action is only interrupted seemlessly by gripping cinematics that move the story along perfectly. The action / gameplay can be a bit repetative, but pays off every time. I did notice that on a few occasions it was a tad difficult to figure out where to go next, but was never a major Absolutely amazing game. Really a departure from the norm, which in this case is a very good thing. The action is only interrupted seemlessly by gripping cinematics that move the story along perfectly. The action / gameplay can be a bit repetative, but pays off every time. I did notice that on a few occasions it was a tad difficult to figure out where to go next, but was never a major bother. If you are an action fan who even vaguely enjoys some RPG depth, check this game out!! Please lord, let there be a sequel. ;) Expand
  36. Mar 29, 2013
    Should be the Halo for Majesco but unfortunately some problems with the game mechanics an bad advertising brought the stop. Vydanie: August 9, 2005. Mám za sebou víkendový rýchlik a musím povedať stálo to za to. Príbeh ako sa patrí HRDINA (Poloboh), LÁSKA, PRIATEĽSTVO, RODINA a hlavne veľa SCI-FI. Trochu hapruje kamera, budiš odpustené. Len škoda že sa nechystá 2/3. Aj keď MAJECO nehodláShould be the Halo for Majesco but unfortunately some problems with the game mechanics an bad advertising brought the stop. Vydanie: August 9, 2005. Mám za sebou víkendový rýchlik a musím povedať stálo to za to. Príbeh ako sa patrí HRDINA (Poloboh), LÁSKA, PRIATEĽSTVO, RODINA a hlavne veľa SCI-FI. Trochu hapruje kamera, budiš odpustené. Len škoda že sa nechystá 2/3. Aj keď MAJECO nehodlá ďalej robiť AAA tituly malá nádej v podobe STEAM-u tu je. Ak sa hry budú predávať možno TO BE CONTINUED. Expand
  37. May 3, 2013
    I played this game first...7 years after release, something like that. So i was surprised how haven't i played it before. Excellent gameplay, great soundtrack (especially menu song), pretty nice environments, overall epicness.

..and it took my breath, really
  38. Dec 16, 2013
    Great game. Graphics is not super realistic but it is done very well in cartoon style (something like star wars clone wars). Powers are a lot of "starwarsish" but they are cool this game had best Jedi powers until Force Unleashed was unleashed;). Story is very nice and music is great. It has linear story but it is OK since it is complex (well not complete without 2nd sand 3rd game). IGreat game. Graphics is not super realistic but it is done very well in cartoon style (something like star wars clone wars). Powers are a lot of "starwarsish" but they are cool this game had best Jedi powers until Force Unleashed was unleashed;). Story is very nice and music is great. It has linear story but it is OK since it is complex (well not complete without 2nd sand 3rd game). I would like to play a sequel bu I know from practice that usually 2nd and 3rd part of the trilogy are dissapointment (well maybe sometimes 2nd are best but 3rd is never). I recommend this game! Expand
  39. Oct 13, 2014
    The story in this game is surprisingly good and the gameplay is not bad either. I didn't expect anything of this game, but I certainly got a good amount of fun out of it. Too bad there is no continuation as of yet.

1. A few rough edges aside, Advent Rising is gaming's latest and most promising future epic. [July 2005, p.74]
    It brings original ideas and a good dose of personality to a genre that often focuses too much on just shooting people in the face. If you are able to ignore some technical shortcomings and enjoy cut-scenes and character development, this title is worth a look.
  3. It's short but it's good. There are some flaws that you need to overlook but there's nothing here that will ruin the entire experience. The lack of a co-op or multi-player modes reduces the replay value but you can go back and experiment with different combinations of powers.