9.0

1. Dec 16, 2013
    Great game. Graphics is not super realistic but it is done very well in cartoon style (something like star wars clone wars). Powers are a lot of "starwarsish" but they are cool this game had best Jedi powers until Force Unleashed was unleashed;). Story is very nice and music is great. It has linear story but it is OK since it is complex (well not complete without 2nd sand 3rd game). I would like to play a sequel bu I know from practice that usually 2nd and 3rd part of the trilogy are dissapointment (well maybe sometimes 2nd are best but 3rd is never). I recommend this game! Expand
  2. May 3, 2013
    I played this game first...7 years after release, something like that. So i was surprised how haven't i played it before. Excellent gameplay, great soundtrack (especially menu song), pretty nice environments, overall epicness.

..and it took my breath, really
  3. Mar 29, 2013
    Should be the Halo for Majesco but unfortunately some problems with the game mechanics an bad advertising brought the stop. Vydanie: August 9, 2005. Mám za sebou víkendový rýchlik a musím povedať stálo to za to. Príbeh ako sa patrí HRDINA (Poloboh), LÁSKA, PRIATEĽSTVO, RODINA a hlavne veľa SCI-FI. Trochu hapruje kamera, budiš odpustené. Len škoda že sa nechystá 2/3. Aj keď MAJECO nehodlá ďalej robiť AAA tituly malá nádej v podobe STEAM-u tu je. Ak sa hry budú predávať možno TO BE CONTINUED. Expand
  4. Aug 7, 2011
    Generally a good game if not weighed down by a bum wrap. IMHO, the handling of its marketing and the not so well thought out 1 million dollar prize (and the fact it was later canceled) adds to its poor reception and the consumer backlash it received. This is a classic if not textbook case study on how not to advertise for and release a game. There have been poorer and unplayable games that were better handled than this title. It is a testament of Advent Rising's worth, that it has not been easily swept under the carpet and forgotten by the gamers who enjoyed it.

With that said, the PC version of this game is a solid if not polished release. The production values are a little unbalanced. It has an excellent soundtrack, an interesting story that draws you in. It even requires you to make some difficult life and death choices about characters you might have become attached. The art direction can be described as stylized. The cut scenes are divided between pre-rendered and in game engine sequences that can feel a little jarring in contrast. Character models are often economical with the details and do not exactly stand the test of time, especially female characters with long hair and chunky hands. I found it disappointing that the PC version lacked the display/video options that come with the territory. The game failed to take advantage of many of the current graphics card features of the time, like anti-aliasing. This game really seemed to need the anti-aliasing because it seemed to always have a very grainy and pixelated look in game engine no matter how high the resolution.

On how it plays, it is a pretty solid third person shooter with decent melee combat options. However, many of the other interesting tactical options are overshadowed by poor control implementation. Many of the defensive telekinetic abilities like the one that allows you to take weapons out of enemy's hand to use it against them or the "flick" targeting system are not very usable. Since they are not consistent or difficult to master, I can imagine players would stick with the more effective attacks. The Jedi force push like telekinetic power comes to mind; it has a really cool refracting visual effect and is fun to use.

Although we are left with a story that has an inevitable cliffhanger which carries little hope in being resolved story wise, grabbing a copy of this game out of the bargain bin or conveniently purchasing it off of steam for 9.99 USD is just a no-brainer.
  5. Feb 19, 2011
    The best story line ever, probably better than FF7! the game was made for the 360 so theres no suprise no one picked up a copy, since they where just getting there hands on the 360 they wanted to play with the best graphics at that time, even though the graphics on this game is the best i saw for the original xbox, the company rushed it and made it flop. I just wish I could play the last two games and find out what happens. the game play and the story line along with the graphics (kickass) Collapse
  6. Nov 23, 2010
    It's been a long time since I last played this game, but I enjoyed it like I've enjoyed few games since. What brought Advent Rising to life was the progression of the story, which kept you going, just to find out what would happen next. I have little patience for the critics who slammed the game for technical errors. If I read a great book, 2 pages into it I don't care what paper it's printed on; I just want to find out what'll happen when I turn over the page.
    Three parts were promised, one was delivered. I'm downright pissed, gentlemen, because I want to see the sequel coming out. Because of the story!!!!!!
  7. Oct 2, 2010
    Ahahaha.Good.This game stoles a lot.From games and movies.But stoles with style.Good enough.Nice graphics pretty weapons(some stolen from Halo) ai is kinda boring has some vehicles(buggy stolen from halo without succes it sucks) and pretty nice level design.The dual-wielding of rocket launchers and heavy weapons is cool.The friendly alien race is again stolen from Halo(elites) here with some nice additions.Their battleships are again stolen from Halo.But anyway good game with nice gameplay and controls.9 Expand
  8. Feb 19, 2011

1. A few rough edges aside, Advent Rising is gaming's latest and most promising future epic. [July 2005, p.74]
    It brings original ideas and a good dose of personality to a genre that often focuses too much on just shooting people in the face. If you are able to ignore some technical shortcomings and enjoy cut-scenes and character development, this title is worth a look.
  3. It's short but it's good. There are some flaws that you need to overlook but there's nothing here that will ruin the entire experience. The lack of a co-op or multi-player modes reduces the replay value but you can go back and experiment with different combinations of powers.