Age of Conan: Unchained PC

• Publisher: Funcom
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2013
7.4

1. Mar 18, 2013
    I noticed this game recently went free to play on Steam, for some reason when it came out years ago it just really didn't appeal to me and I was in the middle of playing World of Warcraft. I started playing Conan a few days ago and it is proving to be very entertaining, great graphics, exciting voice acted story, extremely deep combat system (Second only to Tera) and in general just a veryI noticed this game recently went free to play on Steam, for some reason when it came out years ago it just really didn't appeal to me and I was in the middle of playing World of Warcraft. I started playing Conan a few days ago and it is proving to be very entertaining, great graphics, exciting voice acted story, extremely deep combat system (Second only to Tera) and in general just a very fun game! Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2015
    First off, I despise the controls of this game. I've gotten very used to the control scheme of Neverwinter and so this game is borderline unplayable to me. Next, I know this is nitpicky but it seems odd that in this game, only the black people are capable of using magic. I've never seen Conan, so if that's a thing in it, I'll let it slide. The combat is clunky and near impossible to hitFirst off, I despise the controls of this game. I've gotten very used to the control scheme of Neverwinter and so this game is borderline unplayable to me. Next, I know this is nitpicky but it seems odd that in this game, only the black people are capable of using magic. I've never seen Conan, so if that's a thing in it, I'll let it slide. The combat is clunky and near impossible to hit anything and just to top it off, I found that if you died in the first area (which I did due to the awful controls) you are teleported to a checkpoint where you are immediately attacked, meaning that I wasn't able to quit the game, apart from turning off my pc. But, there is breasts. So I recommend this game to horny perverts who like to get off on half naked warrior women. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    Fantastic MMO for grown up low fantasy fans, it looks and plays amazing and it is super immersive. Found this because of Secret World, FCs other MMO. Loving both!
  4. Mar 30, 2013
    This game doesn't really look like much when you first see it, but once you play it you're in for a surprise. An interesting combat system, fun character progression, and quality quest progression makes this a fun game to play even if you don't usually play MMO games.
  5. Aug 12, 2014
    Really nice MMORPG and free to play. Good graphics and controls.
    The more you play the better it gets, best quests are in latest stages of the game.
    If you like MMORPG I totally recommend it.
  6. Mar 23, 2015
    This game is 6 years old but Funcom cleverly keeps us hooked with new pvp and pve updates. Most notably the Wold Boss event and the pvp festivals. The combat system is simply the most rewarding of any MMO I have ever played, and keeps me entertained despite its age. The new f2p no subscription option fills the world of Hyboria with players bringing aoc back to life. There is enough contentThis game is 6 years old but Funcom cleverly keeps us hooked with new pvp and pve updates. Most notably the Wold Boss event and the pvp festivals. The combat system is simply the most rewarding of any MMO I have ever played, and keeps me entertained despite its age. The new f2p no subscription option fills the world of Hyboria with players bringing aoc back to life. There is enough content in this game to be played for an entire lifetime and I really feel like people that review it have not been through the full experience of Funcoms masterpiece. I'm not saying its a perfect game by all means, but with a beautifully composed soundtrack and involving storyline, you really get a sense of atmosphere and mood that is often overlooked by most games. Pair that up with challenging pvp and loads of pve content, this game scores a perfect 10 in my book. Expand
  7. Mar 4, 2015
    Know that I am NOT a fan of Conan. The only thing I know is what Schwarzenegger and Momoa have done. It's pretty fun. Not insultingly stupid like so many other F2P games. Nothing innovative or inventive about it, but I couldn't help but be pulled into the story. I don't play much now, but I would probably get back into it if I had a low level character to relearn, but at $10 perKnow that I am NOT a fan of Conan. The only thing I know is what Schwarzenegger and Momoa have done. It's pretty fun. Not insultingly stupid like so many other F2P games. Nothing innovative or inventive about it, but I couldn't help but be pulled into the story. I don't play much now, but I would probably get back into it if I had a low level character to relearn, but at $10 per character slot, I'm not about to throw out that much after buying the game JUST before it went F2P. Now that it is F2P it is DEFINITELY worth a look. The digital breasts are fun for all about 30 minutes until EVERY female player you pass is also topless. Expand
  8. Jul 18, 2013
    I played multiple games of this genre and I must say this game really suprised me, it has much content, questlines and interactions,... And I like the idea of a guild city. This game also has good graphics for a f2p game.
  9. Jun 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't believe that this is going to be my first review, but i think this piece of s... I mean game deserves it.

I bought the collectors edition when the game originally got out in 2008... and had never ever been as disappointed to a game as than.

Back than I basically stopped playing the game after i had reached lvl 40 with my HoX, because of confusing stats, pointless items, bad graphics, in long term frustrating combat system for melee characters, lag spikes, bugs, etc.

The "intuitive" combat system is NOT intuitive or fun at all in long term. I remember as i kept on playing the game and how i kept on geting more and more frustrated doing the combo strikes. I was soooo bored that i use AHK to create macros to get over those anoying combo steps to use abilities correctly... And after awhile i realized that if i have to break the games own mechanics to make the game enjoyable to me than something is either wrong with the game or the way i treated it. Well it seemed that many more other people were also using AHK to get pass the constant arduous task of comboing 1,2,3,Q and E to use skills.

As the years passed by i have now and than tried to return back to the game only to remind me how horrible this dissapointment of broken promises is.

Pros:
    + Cool classes
    + Music track

Cons:
    - Simply not well thought and bad combat system.
    - The game has not aged well.
    - Regarding previous crap graphics.
    - Still after many years AWFUL user interface.
    - Annoying game mechanics.
    - Game looked and felt so 1990:s in 2008... and it still does... Maybe even more now!

Conclusion:

Trust me. Just walk away there shouldn't be any reason to play this day-1 broken piece of crap even if it is F2P since there is way better games out there... Like solitaire and minesweeper.
  10. Aug 15, 2016
    I really wanted to like this game, but the only reason I tried it was to play with a friend. With that in mind, the game makes it very, very difficult to play with a friend. This baffles me, as it's an MMO.

First, we started in different instances. I invited him, he got a popup saying he wasn't in my instance, and did he want to come to mine? He hit "yes," and nothing happened. Neither of us was allowed to go to ANY other instance.

So, we get to the first town and finally are allowed to play together... for about 10 minutes. Then, the single-player night quests are forced on us, keeping us apart for hours. I say forced on us, because we did everything else we could find first, and ran out of content.

Why on earth is it so difficult to play with someone in this game?

There are no critic reviews yet.