Age of Conan: Unchained PC

• Publisher: Funcom
  • Release Date: Feb 22, 2013
7.4

1. Mar 28, 2015
    First off, I despise the controls of this game. I've gotten very used to the control scheme of Neverwinter and so this game is borderline unplayable to me. Next, I know this is nitpicky but it seems odd that in this game, only the black people are capable of using magic. I've never seen Conan, so if that's a thing in it, I'll let it slide. The combat is clunky and near impossible to hitFirst off, I despise the controls of this game. I've gotten very used to the control scheme of Neverwinter and so this game is borderline unplayable to me. Next, I know this is nitpicky but it seems odd that in this game, only the black people are capable of using magic. I've never seen Conan, so if that's a thing in it, I'll let it slide. The combat is clunky and near impossible to hit anything and just to top it off, I found that if you died in the first area (which I did due to the awful controls) you are teleported to a checkpoint where you are immediately attacked, meaning that I wasn't able to quit the game, apart from turning off my pc. But, there is breasts. So I recommend this game to horny perverts who like to get off on half naked warrior women. Expand
  2. Jun 28, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't believe that this is going to be my first review, but i think this piece of s... I mean game deserves it.

I bought the collectors edition when the game originally got out in 2008... and had never ever been as disappointed to a game as than.

Back than I basically stopped playing the game after i had reached lvl 40 with my HoX, because of confusing stats, pointless items, bad graphics, in long term frustrating combat system for melee characters, lag spikes, bugs, etc.

The "intuitive" combat system is NOT intuitive or fun at all in long term. I remember as i kept on playing the game and how i kept on geting more and more frustrated doing the combo strikes. I was soooo bored that i use AHK to create macros to get over those anoying combo steps to use abilities correctly... And after awhile i realized that if i have to break the games own mechanics to make the game enjoyable to me than something is either wrong with the game or the way i treated it. Well it seemed that many more other people were also using AHK to get pass the constant arduous task of comboing 1,2,3,Q and E to use skills.

As the years passed by i have now and than tried to return back to the game only to remind me how horrible this dissapointment of broken promises is.

Pros:
    + Cool classes
    + Music track

Cons:
    - Simply not well thought and bad combat system.
    - The game has not aged well.
    - Regarding previous crap graphics.
    - Still after many years AWFUL user interface.
    - Annoying game mechanics.
    - Game looked and felt so 1990:s in 2008... and it still does... Maybe even more now!

Conclusion:

Trust me. Just walk away there shouldn't be any reason to play this day-1 broken piece of crap even if it is F2P since there is way better games out there... Like solitaire and minesweeper.
  3. Aug 15, 2016
    I really wanted to like this game, but the only reason I tried it was to play with a friend. With that in mind, the game makes it very, very difficult to play with a friend. This baffles me, as it's an MMO.

First, we started in different instances. I invited him, he got a popup saying he wasn't in my instance, and did he want to come to mine? He hit "yes," and nothing happened. Neither of us was allowed to go to ANY other instance.

So, we get to the first town and finally are allowed to play together... for about 10 minutes. Then, the single-player night quests are forced on us, keeping us apart for hours. I say forced on us, because we did everything else we could find first, and ran out of content.

Why on earth is it so difficult to play with someone in this game?

There are no critic reviews yet.