9.2

1. Mar 8, 2011
    Oh how I loved thee! This was one of my first online RTS games and remains all time favorite till today! No wonder I am giving it a 10!

A perfectly balanced game with fun elements (Monks!) that allow deep strategy and re-playability that lasts decades. Bring'em on!
  2. Nov 18, 2011
    This is probably the best strategy game ever! My family still plays this game, It's amazing! So what if the graphics are old, it's still suck a good game and it may not seem like its a very deep game but trust me it is.
  3. May 23, 2012
    incredibly fun, still offers great deal of playability. the community is far from dead and great amount of fun comes with the modding. on heavengames there exists many tools to mod and also many mods and extensions to the game..
  4. Sep 12, 2013
    The best strategy game for me. Played thousands of hours with my brothers over LAN & then in Internet. If you are looking for modern day graphics this is not the game for you, if you go for game play over graphics keep on reading. Cons: - Not the best AI, game difficulty is set by giving additional resources to computer player in the start. - Extremely addictive Pros: - No 2 games alike
    - Many civilizations to play
    - Still active game rooms for competitive multi-player game play after a decade, check through "GameRanger"
    - Addition to built in game types, various community created game types to play.
    - You can have a loads of fun by just watching a recorded game which consist of computer players.
    - With map editor you can create your own game scenarios.
    - After all that community created Forgotten Empires expansion pack with new civilization with improved game play for more fun.
  5. Jul 28, 2012
    One of my top 10 games of all times. This made me interested in the medieval period and history and gave thousand of well-spent hours. This was a definite milestone in the history of gaming!
  6. Jun 13, 2013
    This some the best game in strategy game I have played. The graphic feels like you are looking at a board game like chess from a 3d view. But still it is a fun time playing it.
  7. Nov 9, 2013
    Fantastic expansion to a fanstastic game, hands down the best game of all time. Other than the new maps and civilizations, this expansion also brought many tweaks and fixes to the original, like being able to que farms at the mill, which saved a lot of frustration.
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    My first PC game in memory ever. And the best of Age of Empires family. The game is in great balance, and the models have the best historic feelings in the series.

1. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck and fans of the series should be more than happy with the results.
  2. a very expansive and well thought out package that should be worth the money for most PC gamers.
  3. Should serve as an example for other companies how an expansion pack should be done.