9.2

1. GeorgeV.
    Feb 22, 2008
    Still one of the best strategy games ever! Maybe the graphics are out of date, but that does not matter, it's all about gameplay.
  2. AndrewG.
    Dec 31, 2007
    Easily one of my top 5 games to play of all time. My friends and I played 6 games in a row last night.
  3. LeeK.
    Jan 21, 2002
    Who wrote it sucked? This is the best strategy game ever!!!
  4. Gorth
    Jul 8, 2002
    MMMMM, best game all time i think.
  5. JoeB.
    Apr 20, 2002
    Age of Kings was a great game that needed some improvements, but Conquerors fixes that.
  6. JackM.
    Sep 9, 2002
    WOWzers !!!!
  7. AntuaB.
    Apr 3, 2002
    Nice game...much easier than aoe 2.
  8. JoshD.
    Apr 6, 2002
    As you can tell the game has better graphics than Aoe. It has better units strategies and how they are controlled.
  9. AdamR.
    Mar 13, 2003
    Why shouldn't it get a 10, you ask? Because it is easy enough for a novice, it features great graphics, and some of the best game play. This is my current all-time favorite game.
  10. DanR.
    Apr 22, 2005
    Best game I ever played for PC.
    Apr 25, 2002
    This is what a RTS is supposed to be. Great gameplay mechanics, awesome units and buildings, a sweet (albeit complex) map editor, and the most incredibly sweet online multiplayer mode. A must play.
  12. Mar 8, 2011
    Oh how I loved thee! This was one of my first online RTS games and remains all time favorite till today! No wonder I am giving it a 10!

A perfectly balanced game with fun elements (Monks!) that allow deep strategy and re-playability that lasts decades. Bring'em on!
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    This is probably the best strategy game ever! My family still plays this game, It's amazing! So what if the graphics are old, it's still suck a good game and it may not seem like its a very deep game but trust me it is.
  14. Sep 12, 2013
    The best strategy game for me. Played thousands of hours with my brothers over LAN & then in Internet.
    If you are looking for modern day graphics this is not the game for you, if you go for game play over graphics keep on reading.
    Cons: - Not the best AI, game difficulty is set by giving additional resources to computer player in the start. - Extremely addictive Pros: - No 2

Cons:
    - Extremely addictive

Pros:
    - No 2 games alike
    - Many civilizations to play
    - Still active game rooms for competitive multi-player game play after a decade, check through "GameRanger"
    - Addition to built in game types, various community created game types to play.
    - You can have a loads of fun by just watching a recorded game which consist of computer players.
    - With map editor you can create your own game scenarios.
    - After all that community created Forgotten Empires expansion pack with new civilization with improved game play for more fun.
  15. Jul 28, 2012
    One of my top 10 games of all times. This made me interested in the medieval period and history and gave thousand of well-spent hours. This was a definite milestone in the history of gaming!
  16. Jun 13, 2013
    This some the best game in strategy game I have played. The graphic feels like you are looking at a board game like chess from a 3d view. But still it is a fun time playing it.
  17. Nov 9, 2013
    Fantastic expansion to a fanstastic game, hands down the best game of all time. Other than the new maps and civilizations, this expansion also brought many tweaks and fixes to the original, like being able to que farms at the mill, which saved a lot of frustration.
  18. Nov 24, 2013
    My first PC game in memory ever. And the best of Age of Empires family. The game is in great balance, and the models have the best historic feelings in the series.
  19. Apr 3, 2015
    The best strategy game i've played. The multiplayer is very fun and the campaign mode also, each civilization have unique units. The map editor have a lot of features. I recommend.
  20. CarlS.
    Dec 24, 2001
    Good gaming! Rather frustrating at times though. Sometimes the video messes up but this is probably due to the video card being used in combination with limited RAM.
  21. DaBomb
    Aug 19, 2002
    Good Graphics, simulations, gameplay.
  22. JacrayD.
    Sep 10, 2002
    You should be able to build a court and a jail system for men you my have captured for war crimes or personal reasons, sentence prisoners to death or make them work for kingdom.
  23. Rick
    Aug 4, 2004
    A legendary game. Very addictive, and still fresh to play after many, many years.
  24. FredB.
    Jul 7, 2007
    While not exactly a necessity, this is a high quality expansion pack. This is especially true if you like to download and/or design scenarios, as the expansion adds a number of new editor features that allow for much more intricate work than before.
  25. AndersB.
    Feb 10, 2002
    The best strategy game ever.
  26. OwenR.
    Feb 28, 2002
    Fun. Great strategy game. Best game I have.
  27. DanielS.
    Nov 17, 2003
    This game rocks! The online sectoin is the best.
  28. wb
    Jan 7, 2003
    It's an excellent game. The best strategy game ever. The only thing I should complain about is the Editor (It should have more options).
  29. SteaphenB.
    Feb 11, 2003
    It is super!!!!!!!!!
  30. VickiS.
    Apr 12, 2003
    Fantastic, particularly online! Always something new & someone better lol!
  31. SurathG.
    Aug 23, 2007
    The best and the most addictive game ever.
  32. VincentK.
    Nov 25, 2008
    AoE2 was already a great RTS. With the expansion, it was complete. All of that damn micromanagement became a thing of the past, Five new civilizations, includin American ones, gave new ways to play, the new units like harbaldiers filled up spots that needed filling (Pikemen just don't work in the Imperial age) and, as a bonus, the scenarios were fun too, and offered a good mix of AoE2 was already a great RTS. With the expansion, it was complete. All of that damn micromanagement became a thing of the past, Five new civilizations, includin American ones, gave new ways to play, the new units like harbaldiers filled up spots that needed filling (Pikemen just don't work in the Imperial age) and, as a bonus, the scenarios were fun too, and offered a good mix of different aspects of the genre. The Aztec campaign, for example, had a variety of starting situations, ranging from a lone hero to the legendary city of Tetizi... Tenkoche... Threntoitz... whatever its called. All in all, an expansion that improves the old formula and makes something new. I'm taking a point off since no core tenant of the game was radically changed. 9 is still a great grade for an expansion pack. Expand
  33. BillC.
    Jul 12, 2001
    Excellent game.
  34. JohnnyB.
    Jan 31, 2002
    It's Tight!
  35. MatthewS.
    Mar 31, 2002
    If you already own "Age of Kings" and you don't own "The Conquerors," you should: new units, new general techs, and I especially love the special technology that each civilization can research. (Faster War Elephants? I mean, give me a break!) My only gripe is that I wish the developers had done a little more to balance the civs out, but all things considered, this is a must have for If you already own "Age of Kings" and you don't own "The Conquerors," you should: new units, new general techs, and I especially love the special technology that each civilization can research. (Faster War Elephants? I mean, give me a break!) My only gripe is that I wish the developers had done a little more to balance the civs out, but all things considered, this is a must have for any fan. Expand
  36. May 23, 2012
    incredibly fun, still offers great deal of playability. the community is far from dead and great amount of fun comes with the modding. on heavengames there exists many tools to mod and also many mods and extensions to the game..

1. You definitely get a lot of bang for your buck and fans of the series should be more than happy with the results.
  2. a very expansive and well thought out package that should be worth the money for most PC gamers.
  3. Should serve as an example for other companies how an expansion pack should be done.