8.4

1. Nov 9, 2013
    Literally the best expansion anyone could have hoped for, the new civilizations were very unique and brought many new features into the game. The main problem after release was how overpowered the chinese were, the patch that came out had them replaced by Japan being the OP civ that everyone played, but the next patch smoothed things out pretty well and the fan patch that's availableLiterally the best expansion anyone could have hoped for, the new civilizations were very unique and brought many new features into the game. The main problem after release was how overpowered the chinese were, the patch that came out had them replaced by Japan being the OP civ that everyone played, but the next patch smoothed things out pretty well and the fan patch that's available nailed the balance perfectly. I'm very sad to say, that this was probably the last true instalment to the Age of Empires series, I'd love to be mistaken though. Expand
  2. MarkS.
    Oct 26, 2007
    Great expansion package! The Asian Dynasties is superior to The War Chiefs in most every way. Although I did like the WC; this addition brings more new elements to the table, without losing the feel of AoE III. More maps is always welcome, and with the vanilla game and both expansions, there are finally a good assortment. Big Huge Games should be commended for doing so well with another Great expansion package! The Asian Dynasties is superior to The War Chiefs in most every way. Although I did like the WC; this addition brings more new elements to the table, without losing the feel of AoE III. More maps is always welcome, and with the vanilla game and both expansions, there are finally a good assortment. Big Huge Games should be commended for doing so well with another studios franchise. It would have been nice to have different in-game music, but I suspect that there isn't any was the decision of Ensemble. Still, worth the price. Collapse
  3. jasjang
    May 7, 2008
    Great game ever, not surprised if it earns game of the year(which i think it did). New units, building, and actually more strategic. Graphics are stunning for 2005 and it also requires a very weak system. The campaign is nice. The online play is extremely laggy for the "average" internet.
  4. Kevin
    Jan 6, 2008
    This is a great expansion. The Asian races are a great change of pace from the European ones. Playing with elephants as the Indians and using Ninjas as the Japanese is amazing. The new maps and natives are really fun too. If you liked the original, get this expansion.
  5. GeorgeW.
    Feb 7, 2008
    I believe this has very new units and new mapmaking options, but because of the similarity and repetitiveness of campaign to that of predecessors, it is a very disappointing sight in the series.
  6. Jeremy
    Jan 27, 2008
    Excellent Expansion. Each asian race looks different and has different unique units, especially the new wonders. The campaign is interesting, but I recommend playing it on the hard level as the normal level is too easy for most rts gamers. The only problem is that the music is the same as AOE III, unique asian music would have been great. And there is not that much emphasis on naval Excellent Expansion. Each asian race looks different and has different unique units, especially the new wonders. The campaign is interesting, but I recommend playing it on the hard level as the normal level is too easy for most rts gamers. The only problem is that the music is the same as AOE III, unique asian music would have been great. And there is not that much emphasis on naval battles. in the campaign. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2011
    This is one of the best expansions I've ever bought. While the original Age of Empires was sort of bland, and the 'Warchiefs' expansion added a bit of flair, the addition of 'The Asian Dynasties' twists the game into a whole new beast. The new Asian nations are all very unique and very fun to play. When I first bought the original Age of Empires 3, I was a bit disappointed, it didn't quiteThis is one of the best expansions I've ever bought. While the original Age of Empires was sort of bland, and the 'Warchiefs' expansion added a bit of flair, the addition of 'The Asian Dynasties' twists the game into a whole new beast. The new Asian nations are all very unique and very fun to play. When I first bought the original Age of Empires 3, I was a bit disappointed, it didn't quite live up to Age of Empires 2. Yet today, with all of the expansions, I'd have to say Age of Empires 3 is my favorite rts game without a doubt, and I've played a lot of them (Command & Conquer series, Starcraft 1-2, Warcraft 3, Rise of Nations, Battle for Middle-earth 2, the Total War series, Dawn of War series, and Company of Heroes). Expand
  8. Dec 23, 2012
    Very good game. You have many different countries you can play with. Each country has its own unites and aspects. The only negative thing i have to say is, that you cant really play online (as a beginner) because you get kicked out of every lobby. Mostly you will hear things like "too low" "noob" or whatever. That totaly sucks.
  9. Dec 28, 2012
    An awesome game. The "home city" feature and card shipments really improved the variety of the game. A big drawback was the much smaller map sizes though (compared with predecessors)
  10. Mar 5, 2014
    Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties adds three Asian civilizations to the game and a campaign with them. With the adds of Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs, this game is better than the original and the first expansion game.
  11. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma

1. While a solid title and a good entry into the series, Age of Empires 3: The Asian Dynasties failed to rekindle my interest in Age of Empires 3. A good title for fans, but not worth it for those hoping for a reinvigoration of the series.
  2. This is all exciting stuff that breathes exotic new life into Age of Empires III, and it's one of the best real-time strategy expansion packs since "Brood Wars."
  3. The Asian Dynasties is a solid expansion that offers unique Asian civs and some other gameplay tweaks to Age of Empires III.