8.8

1. Dec 18, 2010
    An outstanding example of what Ensemble Studios had to offer - it's such a shame that they no longer exist! The superb controls and expansive campaigns are only let down a little by the AI, which can be a little stupid at times.
  2. Aug 20, 2011
    Played this for many hours of enjoyment when it arrived on the scene. One of the best of its day and still a good game today. The graphics have, of course, become dated, but so what. This game is a lot of fun to play and is a whole lot better than some of the over-priced garbage which has hit the shelves in more recent times.
  3. May 27, 2012
    This was the first RTS I ever played and I was entirely engrossed with the game. I enjoyed playing every aspect of the game even with mates. Excellent game.
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    This game is a classic! It is one of the first RTS games and it is one of the best, but not the best... the best RTS is Age of Empires II, the true sequel worthy of the name! Age of Empires has good graphics even though it's 15 years old now... It's really fun and it is the definition how an RTS game should be made! An RTS shouldn't be an MMO like Age of Empires Online.
  5. Jul 10, 2013
    Strategija koja udarila temelje, odlična grafika, odlično osmišljen gameplay sa prelazima iz starijeg u nobva doba, dosta ratnovrsno sa odličnim soundtrackom.
  6. Nov 10, 2013
    The game that started the best RTS series to ever see the light of the day. The only things that can be criticized about this one are the stupid AI and 50 population limit. Otherwise, great at its time, still fun today. Really a shame that Ensemble Studios were dissolved.
  7. Oct 16, 2014
    I can still remember the demo version which came with Windows. It was really awesome game and I already bought full version. It's still my favourite strategy game.

1. Despite its flaws, Age of Empires is great fun to play. The graphics and sound effects are of high quality, and the computer plays a respectable game. In fact, there is a very large selection of AIs to choose from in the scenario editor.
  2. Combines great graphics, real-time strategy and an intriguing plot (our own history!) to raise a phoenix from the ashes of wayside, ordinary strategy games.
  3. Gamers with an interest in history, and no aversion to a rather abstract rendition of same, should love the atmosphere and feel of the game. And anyone who appreciates a solid, lovingly-crafted work of design should appreciate the overall quality of this product.