6.6

1. May 15, 2014
    Theoretically, anyone reviewing this game should be giving it two scores. One for those who have played Age of Mythology (AoM) before, and one for those who have not.

Keeping this in mind, I would give this game a 9/10 for those who have not played it before, and an 8/10 for those who have. AoM:EE is simply an updated HD remake of the original Age of Mythology. Similar to what

AoM:EE is simply an updated HD remake of the original Age of Mythology. Similar to what happened with Age of Empires II HD early this year. If you are not interested in a better graphics, then this game is probably not wroth your money.

EVERY single detail in this game is 100% the same as those in the original AoM. Nothing has been changed. This is simply a package that contains: Age of Mythology, Age of Mythology: The Titans and the Golden Gift Campaign. The only details that have changed are purely aesthetic.

Don't get me wrong though this game is excellent. The graphics are much better than the original one (since the original AoM was released in 2002, it's not that hard to make the graphics better). New features include: Improved Visuals, Time of Day, Improved water, Shadows, Bump / Specular maps, Global Lighting, Antialiasing & Ambient Occlusion.

Overall, if you enjoyed the original, you will enjoy this. If you have never played the original, this is a good game to buy (at least better than the original). You will find it much more pleasing.

The only person I would not recommend this to, is one who has recently finished the original game and has a small budget
  2. Jun 18, 2014
    I'm just glad to be able to play this game again because I have no idea what happen to my old copy of AoM. The game looks better and kind of makes me want a brand new AoM game.
  3. Jun 18, 2014
    Fantastic game... for those reading the large bulk of these negative reviews, know that the game was released a bit before it was truly ready. However, the game is now completely functional and lag free. The new competitive ladder system is awesome, and the new graphics look beautiful.

I must repeat again, a month ago, these negative reviews are understandable. The game in it's current state is now patched and flowing extremely smooth making a wonderful competitive RTS for fans and new players alike.
  4. Oct 19, 2014
    I don't know why there are so many bad reviews for this. Yes people may think MS studios are just re-releasing the same game with slightly better graphics but in my opinion, many developers do it and get away with it. For example, The Last Of Us "Remastered" there is almost no difference yet people don't care. (By the way AOM is way better than the last of us). I think the rest of theI don't know why there are so many bad reviews for this. Yes people may think MS studios are just re-releasing the same game with slightly better graphics but in my opinion, many developers do it and get away with it. For example, The Last Of Us "Remastered" there is almost no difference yet people don't care. (By the way AOM is way better than the last of us). I think the rest of the reviews should be on the base game rather than the re-releasing of it. Overall, Probably the best £20 you'll spend in a while. Expand
  5. May 15, 2014
    I can understand the hate about the hefty price tag. I admit, $30 is a bit much for a 12 year old game with the only real difference being the graphics. To be honest though, if you were paying attention to its pre-release, you could actually get it much cheaper, I got it for $19 from GMG when I pre-ordered it.
    I do believe however, that this game is worth the price. The graphics in my
    I do believe however, that this game is worth the price. The graphics in my opinion are noticeably better and the whole steam integration makes multiplayer a smooth experience with no extra account to log in to. There are also some decent mods already available in the steam workshop and some truly awesome ones are bound to drop by at some point.
    One of my all time favourite games receiving updated graphics and a streamlined multiplayer experience is worth the time and money in my opinion. The campaign is always a lot of fun too, even all these years after the release of the original game and the added steam achievements bring more fun to the game.
  6. Jun 14, 2015
    I bought it on sale $7.50 and am happy with it. I don't understand why people expect it to be a "new" game or have additional content. If you read the description you know what you are getting.

I haven't tried the multiplayer extensively, but single player works great, brings back good memories of AoM.
  7. Dec 17, 2014
    Big fan of this game when it was originally released and this re-mastering didn't disappoint me at all. I should clarify that I picked this game up during a Steam sale and well after the initial launch, so I didn't experience some of the same issues others may have seen. It's a solid update that was over-priced and buggy - pick it up when it goes on sale and try to enjoy classic RTS gameplay!
  8. Dec 21, 2014
    I played this game more times, because it is really funny. Campaign is not so funny, so what is funny? Playability is well-balanced, really very well! Everything goes fluently, there is not too much things to learn, it is easy and it comes with something new after longer moment of playing. I like it, I recommend it. Good strategy game, even today!
  9. Jun 22, 2015
    After finishing the campaign on Easy difficulty, playing some multiplayer, and editing some new worlds, I give this game a thumbs up. It is only the older Age of Mythology and all of the DLC with a higher resolution, but the game is exactly as described. I had fun playing the original and the same can be said about this one.

1. CD-Action
    Jul 25, 2014
    Extended Edition is addictive, but owes it to the brilliance of Ensemble (the developers of the original AoM), not SkyBox, who basically put their name under someone else’s work after introducing changes so marginal that you might not even notice them. [07/2014, p.70]
  2. May 27, 2014
    Such derring-do from developers. They grabbed an excellent strategy game, they broke the most important part of it, and they are selling its outcome for a ungodly price. A copybook remake of how to not redo the old games. It's a great disappointment indeed.
  3. May 19, 2014
    Age of Mythology: Extended Edition is an excellent strategy game in its core. The scanty treatment it got for this Extended Edition makes this pretty disappointing. A few additions and graphical updates don't justify the high price tag.