8.7

1. Dec 19, 2011
    Honestly, I didn't really enjoy the title. The original AoM was great but tbh the expansion was a let down. The Titans are really boring units, there isn't much variety and the campaign was a snoozer. Get the expansion only if you really enjoed the original AoM
  2. Exi
    Dec 11, 2011
    I bought this game about 7 years ago, and I still play it. This game offers everything you would ever want in a strategy game, and the expansion makes it even better. Even because of the bad graphics, you can get a huge amount of fun out of it! This game is defiantly on my top 3 list!
  3. Sep 27, 2012
    I would give this game a 10/10, but nobody (about 10 people) play it online. I will not recommend it to you simply for that reason. The campaign is fun, but not to exciting. The best part of this game was the multiplayer in its heyday, which is unfortunately over. tbh this game is better than SC1 and SC2 combined, but unfortunately people do not realize this. If you want an RTS with strategy, rather than just zerging units, this game is for you. SC2 shoudl be called RTM-Real Time Mass (whatever unit). Expand
  4. Jan 9, 2011
    The game and the expansion combined are a prime example of how giving creative control to the player creates longevity. The extremely detailed map editor ensured that the online mode lasted a very long time with a plethora of completely different game modes from variations of 'The Sims' to 'Yu-Gi-Oh!'. Not only this but the more competitive side of the game had plenty of strategy with good balance as well as being exciting to play. On the other hand, the single player campaign wasn't quite up to scratch, although it was good in general, and so I feel the game deserves a 9/10 overall. Collapse
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    A good expansion to a great game. Makes the game even more fun, though the expansion left more to be desired. It could have been better. It gets an 8 from me.
  6. May 25, 2012
    This is a must-have expansion pack for real fans of AOM, although be wary of flaws present in this game.

This expansion pack adds a new civilization; the Atlanteans, playing as them features new units, myth creatures and god powers (obviously). It, too adds new upgrades for the original civilizations (and some tweaks/ fixes on them) , adds a new campaign and of course, huge, monstrous
    and ever-city-crushing Titans. Some flaws in this game regard the new campaign's [quite] short campaign, plot holes, bad voice acting (in the campaign as well) and insufficient new content for the original civs (although, the fact that upgrades and unit/building costs are expensive does [kind of] barely compensate for this). Playing on multiplayer is actually fun, especially (or limited to, for some players) on random, just like in the original AOM.
    Lastly, one thing that kind of bugged me is that, once your enemy already has a titan, you are practically defenseless, (unless without your own titan). I'm not really sure if every one else experiences this, but if so, the best strategy when playing a game (whether it be skirmish or multiplayer) may be good, old fashioned rushing.

Flaws aside, this is still a good game, and you will have a good time playing with it.
    I assure.
    Kinda.
  7. Aug 7, 2012
    This expansion is worth playing if you liked the original AoM, but don't expect this to top it. The campaign is okay, but not nearly as good as the original and significantly shorter. The new civilization, Atlantis, has a couple of neat innovations but nothing too cool.
  8. Jan 21, 2013
    This expansion is just as cool, as original game. This time, story has only 12 or 14 chapters, so, story is really good and fast-paced, i liked it. Also, creators added new culture Atlantes that spawned because of the ending of original game. They're a bit outbalanced, but overall this is a prime example of how expansions should be, unlike today's one day DLC .
  9. Sep 18, 2014
    The original game has amazing longevity, I've had it for years and it's always enjoyable when I boot it up. The expansion adds even more fun to the map editor and a whole new civilization to play as. AoM: The Titans is definitely one of my favourite PC games ever and a must-play for any fan of strategy games.
  10. Jan 9, 2011

1. With the new myth units, the awe inducing sight of the Titans and a whole new campaign to be played with, Age of Mythology – The Titans is one of the best expansion packs that I have seen lately.
  2. Something any strategy gamer shouldn't be without. [Dec 2003, p.181]
  3. Although there's a lot of new content, it's concentrated almost solely in the Atlanteans. [Dec 2003, p.90]