Age of Mythology PC

8.9

1. May 11, 2014
    Let me start off my saying that I am a huge fan of AOM, it is one of my favorite games of all time.

This reboot, however, is simply pitiful. Lets start off on price point. Paying $30 for a game that is 12 years old is pretty steep, but they claim to have done some work to it so I decided what the heck, I'll get it. Bad choice. Unfortunately several important units are now broken

This reboot, however, is simply pitiful.

Bad choice. Unfortunately several important units are now broken since clearly no one bothered to test the game after they made their changes. Some missions on the campaign simply cannot be beaten without using cheats now because of broken units.

As for the changes themselves, the water does look pretty. But I probably wouldn't have even noticed changed it i hadn't already known. There is absolutely NO NEW CONTENT added, it is just a rehash. I would hope they would at least do something to the horrible path finding and unit commands but apparently they could not be bothered to do that much work.

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT
    10/10 for the original game
    1/10 for getting people to pay twice for the exact same thing
  2. J
    May 9, 2005
    1. Usually ran out of food before I was able to make a farm. 2. God powers could end the game instantly in 1v1 3. Heroes were basically hyped units 4. Age of Kings looked more appealing 5. Myth units wacked 6. Campaign missions were converted old age of empire missions Rating: Played it for one week, gave up, went back to Warcraft III. I played Age of Kings for 6 months. This game needs work.
  3. DanielL.
    Oct 16, 2003
    I found this was a disapointing game. Microsoft should have done better. It was toooo much like Age Of Empires.
  4. TelyS.
    Nov 24, 2002
    Aside from a few cosmetic details, the game plays nearly identicaly to the other games in the "Ages" series, which isn't too bad, for 1998.

1. Without a doubt, the gameplay, graphics and sound all add up for a spectacular RTS title that you will be able to play for hours upon hours without getting remotely bored.
  2. "Warcraft III" is very innovative and has production values higher than just about any game ever released on the PC, while Age of Mythology is simply a worthy successor to an excellent series.
  3. The best Age game yet, featuring frightening fantasy units without all the bearded baggage. [PC Gamer UK]