7.4

1. Nov 25, 2013
    This game all in all is worth a mere 3 at best for all the design flaws and clunky mechanics. There is much complication in every single menu, on every tab and each screen screen. Very little information is ever given to the player in terms of game functionality. Control of the character on land is dreadful and the game would have been better off without the on-land freeroam all together.
    It is more a horrible game than it is a good one, but a gamer must never judge a game based on what it is and instead judge it based on how it makes him feel. This game has charmed me completely. All the way from the magnificent main menu theme song to endless ocean, storms and attention to detail of the actual ships. There is passion and love poured into this game by the people who made it and as they may not be the most skilled of developers, they make up for it in what matters most in games.
    Once you put the minimum required effort in learning how to make it work, it will give you hours of enjoyment. However this still only brings it up to about a 7. Why does it deserve a 10 then? Well that is simply because it may not be the pirate game we deserve but it is the only proper one we have and has been ever since it came out.
  2. Jan 12, 2012
    Corsair subject is very interesting to me. I really liked the game. A good story, a lot of freedom for action. Excellent graphics, not demanding on hardware. I would like to see The Age of Pirates III.

1. A free roaming role-playing game with pirates? Sounds great, but the developer managed to sink the ship. Apparently the programmers thought it would be funny to force a pirate to use the enter key a lot instead of the mouse, the story is broken and all that’s left is to get rid of this game somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle.
  2. Even if this game had nothing but this graveyard of creaking, moaning, almost talking ships, it would have still made a lasting impression. The developers created something more than an all-new location or the floating “prison” concept – an exciting feeling of initiation in a big, dangerous secret.
  3. Age of Pirates 2 is relatively easy to learn, as long as you can read the text. The interface is straightforward and there's nothing too complex in terms of rules or moves.