8.3

1. Jan 13, 2014
    The best turn based strategy imho. So many races,creatures,spells its unreal. Combat is deep and tactical. Graphics are nice, music is just awesome.

10/10 as far as i am concerned. And the best thing? Age of Wonders 3 is coming this year :D
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    I bought this game at launch and 8yrs later it is still played by the whole family for at least a couple of months each year. We keep going back to it and have a great time when we do. It's well balanced in the main with only a couple of exceptions and these can be countered with a thoughtfully built stack of units.
    The AI is competent, on the medium settings it can be quite challenging in
    the early to mid game and on the harder settings it can crush you if you allow war on more than one front. There is a great variety of playable racesunits and magic specialisation, this combined with the wealth of community made maps and the excellent map generator offer infinite re playability.
    This is without doubt the best successor to Master of Magic and a "must have" for any strategy gamer from the more casual through to total grognards.
  3. Sep 10, 2012
    This is the best turn based game I've ever played!!! I really love these type of games, but this franchise is soooo superior compared to HOMM!! I really hope that one day that a new one will arise!
  4. Jan 3, 2013
    This game and the original Age of Wonders are still my favorite fantasy strategy games even though it has been almost 10 years since Shadow Magic came out. The variety of races, units, and spells gives the game near infinite replay value. This game has just the right blend of combat, exploration, research, and RPG elements. City management and diplomacy are quite simple but I prefer it that way. There are also many user created mods and scenarios that enhance the game. Expand
  5. Jun 20, 2013
    Great Game!
    I'm still playing it ten years after its release by email with some guys at Age of Wonders Heaven Forum.
    Very fun to play with friends or even the against AI can be amusing, although unofficial mods are needed to make them smarter/stronger, if you know the game well.
  6. Aug 7, 2013
    Anyone who likes strategy games will love this game. There is also a interesting story involving strang and terrorfying shadow-creatures from a evil realm. the gameplay is great and I love turn-based strategt games like this and if you like the sound of this you should get it

1. A perfect place to jump into the Age of Wonders series. It's "Age of Wonders II," only sporting a few refinements and a lot of extra content.
  2. The largest maps, which have three different levels of land, can provide dozens of hours of gameplay. [Nov 2003, p.128]
    There's lots of new stuff to play with, many new units, many new spells, plenty of campaign scenarios, single scenarios, and a random map generator that actually works like it's supposed to.