5.6

1. Apr 10, 2013
    This game gives me a chance to touch ancient Chinese background. Few westerners know what real Chinese Kung fu looks like before entering Age of Wushu. To be honestly, I don't know exactly what to do from the moment I log in. Gradually as I walked deep into the story line, I get addicted. Great game!
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is the english version of It's popularity in asia speaks for itself. I didn't expect much from a F2P title, and was very surprised at the level of polish and depth it presents.

The guy rating this a 0 has his views, it's definately not suitable for him, hehe.

But if you like a asian themes MMORPG with a structure resembling Guild Wars 2 but with open world PVP instead of
    WvW, definately worth checking out.

My mates played the Asian version of this tell me it's a game worth investing time in, and I also very like what I see so far.

Reviews from CC and joystiq are pretty spot on imo!

Glhf all ^_^
  3. Apr 11, 2013
    Ok I have only spent a day on this game but first impressions are really bad translations are terrible and explanations are really confusing.
    Gold spamm sellers dominate chat and the "gossip" function mean they can't be blocked "joy".
    The graphics are nice and the kung fu is spot on its just a huge shame fights are almost in slow motion and are really clunky.
    I did alot of reading up
    on this game prior to playing and alot of the stuff they spouted just is not true you have to pay for VIP just to broadcast chat messages.
    The first group quest is shocking the NPC runs in and aggroes the whole base but dont worry it buggs out you cna sometimes stand still and complete the quest by proxy one poor guy had 3 runs and did not complete it therefore his story quest could not continue very poor game mechanics.
    overall it is brain overload with little or no explanationa s to what your supposed to be doing ore waht path your supposed to take it feels like someone has force fed you the wrong type of mushrooms and let you loose in a crazy land where nothing makes sense.
    I really will try for one more day before hitting perma delete and awaiting neverwinter, i`m gutted as I thought it would last until then.
    Bottom line buggy clunky and painfully confusing
  4. Apr 17, 2013
    Somewhere underneath the muck that is the presentation of this game lies something worthwhile. Unfortunately the game is quite literally lost in translation. Catastrophically restricting policies on the free version coupled with incessant spamming, uninspired instanced environments and some seriously questionable design flaws ultimately make for a frustrating and unrewarding experience.
  5. Dec 28, 2013
    Wushu is easily the most original, well thought out mmorpg the genre has seen in years, easily. Not since the likes of EVE have I seen such depth of systems. At launch there was enough content to last 8 months of 16 hour per day play. There has been 3-4 large updates since launch. Wushu saved 2013 for me.
  6. Apr 24, 2013
    The game has an interesting concept but this game was done lazily. The sometimes clunky camera control, The easily abused and sometimes unreliable auto path finding system, Numerous glitches, and terrible design choices such as paper flowers and leaves, gif fires, and png water splash effects with HDR lighting slapped on it makes this game not a worthy download even though the game is free.
  7. Apr 11, 2013
    I have to tell you I'm NOT A martial arts fan. The reason I started to play this game is I saw a pvp clips by chance on youtube maybe, a Tangmen(more like rogue in other mmorpg) Vs. Shaolin(warrior, monks), at the beginning, monk token tons of dmg and kept blocking. At time his fury was full that allowed him to cast some ultra skill called 'bring flower to buddha', then he got close to rogue, broke blocking, astonishing combo. Tang nearly lost this duel, with very low hit point, Tang stun him, with his dagger combo attack lasting like 30s finally knocked monk out. i never have such experience in any other mmorpgs, I was shocked, JUST Fxxking AWESOME!
    And I have different story about the localization. I don't know the meaning 'bring flower to buddha himself' or 'three cricles around the moon'(but l do love a song called Cricles Around The Sun) like all of you, so i googled those names, then a brand new story just appeared, other culture story, raw translation this time really worked.
    If you like to know some new stuff, hit the amazing pvp experience, you don't want miss this game with absolutely no doubt.
  8. Apr 11, 2013
    I tried this game, not expecting much. Even then, I uninstalled it a few hours later, disappointed.

I can't say the game is completely bad, but the few hours I've played it were devoid of any fun. It was clunky, sound effects were aggravating, animations were way too basic, quest text was barely even present, tutorials were intrusive, graphics and ambience music were OK.

It seems to
    me that this studio tried something too ambitious for their budget. The quality just isn't there. Glad I didn't have to pay to try it as I had to do with so many other bad mmos. Expand
  9. Jul 31, 2013
    The Most inventive, inmersive MMORPG since 10 years. Just try it few days with a Guild and people to help you (because its hard to begin) and you will feel the pleasure of an original Game.
  10. Apr 10, 2013
    Great game! I love the fighting it does NOT get boring and only gets better as you go. However a lot of people will be turn off because its not WOWish. If you put the time into learning the fighting it is SOOOO rewarding. The first Instance has 5 bosses and was a blast! The game is "free", but I see alot of people getting butt hurt over the mico transactions. I look at it this way... WOW got $230 bucks from me my first year! $50 for the game and $15 a month. From what i can see $230 could go a long way in Wushu. How cool is this? I am about to leave my toon(fisherman)by the water and sign off, by doing so i get xp when not on line-sick! From what I see the all the servers are full. I see tons of people playing. my screen would be fill with toon! You can press F9 btw to hide all player toons, and just show floating names. Pretty cool idea if it gets to cluttered or you have a slower pc. Expand
  11. Apr 11, 2013
    The game has a fairly decent pvp system that requires some good skill to master but the pve side of this game is absolutely terrible. For one the experience/cultivating system limits you to spend numerous hours of being online before you can "level up" and also has a huge amount of "potential" exp that you can only use if you pay for it with gold, the currency that requires money to purchase.

The game seems to hardly base itself off of gear and rather this cultivating system to level up skills which might appeal to some people. You can't "grind" for exp, gear, currency which is somewhat annoying because after you finish quests you feel like there is nothing to do.

The life system is a pretty standard crafting system with blacksmithing, tailoring, etc., but there are some interesting additions to standard professions like musician, beggar, farmer. A downside is that you are once again limited to how much you can grow these skills daily.

Instancing isn't really that enjoyable.. very little strategy involved and mainly skill books instead of gear as rewards.

The events have very little explanation on how to do them and forums have little to no information on the events as well.
    So many f2p mmorpgs I've played in the past have daily events and they are a very good aspect of the game but so little of these games actually explain the events to the players and so newer players can miss out on very important events in the beginning which can put them at quite a disadvantage to players who played the beta and know exactly how they will advance their character.

This game has too many aspects that aren't even explained it's ridiculous to even list them all but all yesterday the chat was cluttered with "How to do this event" "I'm stuck on this quest" "What does this mean?"

It'd be a great game if it had a better exp system, a better gear system and had more tutorials on some events/ character traits.
  12. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is probably the best sandbox I have ever played. Steep learning curve, but worth it. The pvp is excellent, the criminal system is top notch. The combat is outstanding.
  13. Apr 26, 2013
    I've been playing Age of Wushu since April 10th, and over the sixteen days that have followed I've found myself playing less and less of it. So far the game has only felt like a chore and all I've been doing is running from npc to npc to complete by-the-book Asian RPG quests. If there is any reason to go out and explore the open-world, the game makes it excruciatingly difficult to find one. I've already made an unreasonably huge effort in trying to find anything that might hold my interest, but I feel so tortured from it that I've decided to just give up.

The combat system is basically “Rock-Paper-Scissors” as strikes, blocks, and feints with an occasional “super attack”, but it feels about as engaging as the former. Me personally, I didn't particularly care for it. The graphics aren't jaw-dropping but still very impressive for a free-to-download MMO. While I liked the beautiful environments, they didn't make the constant “hike to the next npc” any less grueling.

Being a regular player for asian MMOs I tried so hard to like this game, but after having played it for a little over two weeks, I cant imagine any kind of audience that would find it to be anything more than “busy-work”. If there are any enjoyable features for this game, which I'll have to assume there are, you'll have to do a lot of patient digging before you find them.
  14. Apr 26, 2013
    To all you wow kids giving the game bad scores after only playing an hour and giving up, stick with wow. When I first started it was tough to learn. I am glad I stuck with it though cause now I'm hooked. Every mmo I have tried recently gets me bored after a few days or less. This one however has enough things to do that I don't feel like im doing the same boring every day. I plan on sticking with this game for a while. Give it a try if your not afraid of challenge. Expand
  15. Apr 30, 2013
    Though I've only been playing for three days I've only seen a fraction of what this game has to offer. This is not your average run of the mill MMO. This is a true open sand box experience with a beautiful setting and a fun dynamic combat system. If you're used to games like WoW or Tera you may find this game lacking in the traditional content department. Instead of grinding your way to endgame you spend your time helping those in need, farming, bounty hunting, raiding, participating in guild battles, dungeons, open world pvp and more. The game has a heavy focus on the martial arts and it takes it to an entirely new level that I personally have never seen before in a video game. Wall running, aerial combat, sprinting across water and much more are at your disposal in this game, though you're going to have to work for it. This is a truly unique game that's certainly worth trying out, and it doesn't help that its entirely and completely free. Expand
  16. Apr 30, 2013
    If it isn't obvious enough from the review ratio already, this is one of those games that you either love or hate. To be honest it's not even worth attempting to write a review for a game this complex. There is literally too much information to cover within the 5000 character limit. Let me just say that if you're a fan of sandbox MMOs, this is a game that you have to play.
  17. Apr 30, 2013
    The game has many new and interesting mechanics not present in recent MMOs Combat in PvE is pretty standard but the meat of the game is in PvP and combat in PvP can be very exciting. Many complaints I hear about the game are about how hard it is to actually get into and being too confusing. But really all you need to do is watch or read one of the many tutorials that come up with simple Google search. Expand
  18. Aug 23, 2013
    Decent pvp system Big Adventure, Tons of Fun Free PK In this we are left to run Character we will. Although there is Story Quest (there are 4 main story lines to choose from, it affects our Starting early Town) and 8 universities (Shaolin, Emei, Wudang, Beggar, Scholar, Tangmen, Wanderers Valley, Royal Guards) we can still play Character us at will. One of the interesting things in Game Play AOW is any university which basically select Skill can still learn from other universities. because in this game there are Event (6 times a week) that allows us to steal pieces of the Book of Libraries another university. If we could get a piece of the book, then we can learn Skill other universities belong. Expand
  19. Apr 22, 2013
    If you go into Age of Wushu thinking you will be playing an MMO version of Street Fighter or Tekken, boy are you going to be disappointed.

Age of Wushu is developed along these lines, but with poorly responsive controls, clipping issues galore (I can't count how many tables I could walk clean through in a town), a 'real time' transport system between towns which takes forever if you
    don't have them marked as teleport points, and other issues, I absolutely cannot recommend this game.

Add to this open world pvp with no controls, and you'll find yourself dead in the middle of a major city if you get up to go to the bathroom. Not cool, not fun. Add in a mix of Engrish in poor translations, very poor pathing and even mistaken locations on the map where quests exist and I gave up on the game.
  20. May 16, 2013
    I gave this game a 10 because I see people have given this great game a 0, which is absurd. My real score is 85. This is by far the best MMO I have ever played, I'm a long-time and retired WOW vet, I have played every MMO that has ever come out. To me, this game sits on the top, second to none. There are some bugs, and bad translations, but compared to any other MMO, this one is much more solid. I look at MMO's like SWTOR and GW2, these titles had 10x the budget, and were 10x less an MMO, I'm a huge star wars fan, but that did nothing to help SWTOR, I'm not going to get into the game, and explain how everything works, it's free to download, and free to play. This is the Eve of Kung Fu games, beautiful graphics for an MMO, great controls, great music, and replay value is off the charts. I have made 8 google accounts to experience all schools since you can only have one toon, which is something that I hope gets changed in the future. Overall, this game demands attention and skill that most will never understand probably. Expand
  21. Jun 3, 2013
    I gave it a try, i was looking for a good sandbox game but the whole skill gain by time played really annoys me. The graphics we decent and i didn't get much into combat. I guess im just waiting for a UO or Star Wars Galaxies clone.
  22. Apr 26, 2013
    Game is a very deep game, takes 10's of hours to understand its concepts fully, crafting, pvp, story lines, and pvp in the sand box is interesting and enjoyable. However, with so many MMO's out there it gets tough to want to invest time into a game you are not sure about. I played free to play from April 1st April 29th of 2013 and felt more over that the fighting mechanics were just too clunky. Skills did not chain as quickly as you feel they should, movement of your character is slower paced for an action mmo.

I will say it is super cool to fight in the air and drop someone all the way down 300 feet into a river. I think the game is worth trying out, but for me I am a PVP Junkie who likes a real combat challenge and this game feels as if it is more a button masher with cookie cutter builds.
  23. Sep 10, 2013
    If you spent a day playing this game and then wrote a bad review on it, you're doing it wrong. I actually quit the first time I played because I got confused and lost track of what I was supposed to be doing. When I tried again, wow was it fun. It takes maybe a good week to really understand the game, unless you're like me and need to take a break and come back another time. Tons of daily events happen at night where hundreds of players duke it out script stealing from each other, warring between schools, warring between guilds, and even street fights that break out between enemies and their friends/guild.

Is there a steep learning curve? Yes
    Are there some translation problems? Yes
    Are there hackers/botters? Yes, but they're getting rid of them and they don't bother you. They're fun to kill.

But the graphics are not as bad as some of the reviews say they are. The game is endlessly entertaining and challenging. Translation problems often mean having to figure out a quest yourself. Some people are frustrated they can't look up a guide that walks them through the fastest/easiest path. But that's part of the fun. Unlike other games, Age of Wushu will give you random surprises. NPCs will literally talk to you, tell you some weird/funny story, hand you some stuff (good or junk) at any time. I'd like to share everything I do that makes this one of the funniest games I've played, but it's too complicated.

Don't knock it until you've taken the time to really learn about the game. It's not like any game you've played before, which was the appeal to me. Because frankly joining an mmo, looking up the best class, looking up the best skill set, and being able to look up a guide to everything was getting dull and boring.
  24. Oct 15, 2013
    WARNING If you don't like Open-PvP based games (you get protection until you reach lvl 5-6 or First Understanding) or is a hardcore PvEer, then you are obliged to LEAVE.

I don't know why this game has so low ratings, but I think this game really deserves a 10. While it may be overwhelming at first, it is worth playing. It is impossible to compare to other modern-day MMOs, this game
    sores above the limits, in cultivation, flying skills, and unique abilities. If handled right, this could be even more popular than WoW, for a PvP-based game.
    One thing that really bothers me is this game is already pre-judged, and thats what I find in the 'Critic Reviews' from IGN and MMORPG.com. I want to stress this as much as possible, Age of Wushu is NOT Pay2Win. While it does have a time-limited cash shop, most of the stuff there is only cosmetic, or mounts. All other gear can be acquired freely. In fact, this game can be played completely free (which I will explain a few lines below).

The most interesting features that I want to cover here are the cultivation system and offline experience. The cultivation system is the most unique and creative system that I found out of all the MMOs that I played. In Age of Wushu, you don't level up by killing mobs/quests. Mobs/Quests only give you experience (1-5 points), which then get converted to cultivation points (free players acquire 200-300 points, and VIP acquire around 300 and rare 500). You then use the points into your skills or your internal skill (level). There are 3 methods in doing this: Internal Cultivation (basically leveling for you while you play), Practice (spend coins (bound silver) or taels (unbound silver), both of which CAN be aquired freely (also will explain below), and Team Practice (teaming up into groups of 2-10 and play a DDR mini-game. Having a full group of 10 players yields the highest amount of cultivation system, and it recommended that you do it daily). The Offline System is also a very interesting feature. When you log-out, your character doesn't stop there. It can become a NPC, open Offline Stalls (VIP-only), or culitvate while you sleep (also VIP-only. VIP actually is worth buying and for a reasonable price of $9 USD). As a NPC, you're not safe. You can be kidnapped (don't worry, you just get a debuff that prevents you from getting money from offline jobs (these jobs are rare, and mostly VIP, so don't worry about it). Kidnapping other players yields a medium amount of unbound silver (taels), which can be traded with other players.

Now I'll address the major issues stated in the reviews here
    - Goldfarmers while they do get very annoying (especially when they spam up your chat menu), there is a very simple way to get rid of them. 1. Block every single gold spamming player (they only change characters once a week, so don't worry about it as a daily chore) 2. Uncheck the Gossip channel.
    3. Enjoy Gold-Spamming Free Chat! (BTW bots are always very fun to kill, if they have 'abdwef' as their name, its probably a bot, so kill it!
    - Translation Issues while I do admit that there are some issues with it, it is hardly something that can bother you. (Only the rare 2% of the time you will encounter an NPC with such issues)
    - No Help At All In the latest version of Age of Wushu, there are loads of tutorials ready for you so you don't get lost. I myself hardly remember getting lost, thanks to all those handy tutorials, records and the 'Help' guide. (Warning: If you stray away from the startering area, then you will get completely lost)

This game is very free, and as free as other F2P MMOs such as LoTRO. The best gear you will get is from other players, and NO you DO NOT have pay with RL money in order to aquire such gear, as much as the reviews here try to mislead you. Taels can be acquired through many sources: Kidnapping (10-20 Taels per kidnap), and Selling Goods to other players (Rare items that you can acquire as a starter are T2 Workbenchs, which sell for 1-3Ding (1000 Liang). Unless you really need money, you can acquire that from paying Snail (which I find no reason to, as you can aquire $250 worth of liang for free).

I think this game has alot of chances to be very sucessful in America. It has already very popular in China right now, and the latest updates to the Chinese version brings even more additions (adds a day-night system, dynamic weather, and 6 new schools). (The additions should be transfered over to the America version soon.)

If this review still hasn't convinced you to play Age of Wushu, try searching up other reviews on YouTube, such as MMOGrinder's excellent in-depth dive into it. There's also other things that I haven't covered here (such as flying skills, and the awesome skill sets) but you can find all about them on YouTube or through Google.

This review was written during Patch 1.1019, which addressed many of the major issues in Pre-August reviews.
  25. Oct 23, 2013
    First of all I would like to say that the concept of the game was very unique and attractive. I'm giving this game a score of 6 because of its mixed blending of cons and pros. The cash shop items is untouchable for its high price. If you are f2p I will say just stop playing. Hardcore playing won't give you good result. Though u can level up your skills fast but u can't level up meridians in few years which will make a huge difference between players.VIP players level up 5 times faster which is unacceptable. Company trying to make money by publishing incomplete games in different languages and regions. Beginners will must confuse at beginning and that's guaranteed. Expand
  26. Oct 31, 2013
    The game is fun if you you don't mind the bugs, bots and spammers. Some visual glitches will make you cry. The Engrish sometimes hits hard. Make sure you check forums and videos or playing around for a few days before you spend money.

GM support works but only if you open the ticket during their work hours (available on forum) and they're not gods (there are lots of problems they should
    but won't be able to fix). Don't expect Blizzard treatment (QQ on forum about getting owned in pvp or how OP a class is won't work and you will just get flamed). Expand
  27. Jun 9, 2013
    This game had a lot of potential. However it was completely overshadowed by a western release that has been catastrophically badly handled. At current, the game is completely overrun by gold farmers and their bots. Any resource nodes are camped 24/7 by characters with names like ibuyg0ld57. All chat channels are constantly flooded with 20+ different spam bots making communications almost impossible. The economy, by effect is so bad the smallest thing is ridiculously overpriced and making money as a non-bot crafter is near impossible. A huge population of the players on the western servers don't speak English. All of this is all but ignored by Snail games who seems to think that all the responsibility for these issues falls on the shoulders of the player base making us put them on ignore rather than deal with the issue.

Communication with the western publish team is hit and miss at best and the business model is a crime. All items purchased are extremely expensive and 'rented'. Your real money disappears as you are forced to shell out more for more rented items. You don't get to keep anything you buy on your character. It was really too bad too because a good sandbox with a martial arts theme could have done really well in a western market. As it stands now, the only thing in 6 months that will be western about this game will be the server locations.
  28. May 5, 2013
    Though the concept was great the actual game play was not well thought out. The movements and controls were complected. I also had a big problem with there being no voices for the characters when interacting with them. When I saw the trailer for the game I believed that it would be up there with A Prefect World, Aion, and World of Warcraft but instead it was disappointing and I uninstalled the game from my computer. Also it should be played on a laptop even a gaming one as it becomes clunky and slow to load. Expand
  29. May 12, 2013
    Age of Wushu is a good game if you started with the game. If you plan on joining now its not the best Experience. Making gold is dificult, you cannot make legal gold unless you buy it. There are very few Mines, animals to Hunt, fish, lootable good usable in game items. Most of this places will get you killed by PKrs if you get near. If you dont buy money from Hackers it is imposible to get good weapons or Items.
    Since you cannot farm or get gold otherwise at low levels.

Legaly it would take 2 or 3 months to be competitive. but it is painful. most places are full of PKers, who only hunt low levels to kill. If you have a high level no one will ever touch you. but having a label Realized Potencial or Less, you become a PKer Target imediately, they wait next to Quest delivering NPC, at the roads between Maps or next to the Teleports. to hunt low levels comming in.

If you plan on Joining AGE OF WUSHU, you better do it late at night, and avoid weekends.

Walking at 50% speed becouse some one just killed you for 15 minutes is not fun.
  30. May 17, 2013
    I played this game for approximately a month and really enjoyed it. I had to quit due to security issues which I'll address at the end. This is a great quasi sand box PvP centric MMO. If you don't like PvP or like MMOs on rails then steer clear of this game. Your first few hours/days in this game will be confusing because your hand is not held, translations are rough, and the MMO systems are far from standard. The game play is deep/confusing and there is a lot of different things to do but most of it requires a group and a good guild. The game still has a lot of bugs which is a red flag considering it has been released in China for over a year. They should have fixed many of these by now. There is also a lot of latency for many people which is not good for a PvP centric game.

The solo PvE in this game is very lack luster. It is the same old kill 10 of this, gather 6 of that type quests. They are not gathered in quest hubs but are very abundant. The xp gained from solo quests is very low and it would take ages to advance if you only did these. This game is not for solo PvE players.

The group PvE in this game is pretty average. Many types of instances that give good xp and good rewards. The one different aspect is that in many of the harder instances, the boss minion mobs are controlled by other players. This makes those fight's difficulty highly variable based on the skill of the players pulled into the instance as "bad guys". I enjoyed this aspect very much.

The PvP in this game is very well done. It is open world PvP but not full loot. There is really no death penalty. Sometimes you lose a bit of money but not every time. Like others have said, it is a rock paper scissors type of PvP but takes a while to master and is not just button mashing. There are lots of opportunities for PvP to advance and lots of reasons to not go around ganking people just to make their life miserable. There is a criminal system that makes ganking painful after a while, including jail time and public executions of your character.

The cash shop in this game is one of the biggest issues I have with it. ViP access (subscription basically) is need to really advance at a reasonable rate without being logged in constantly. It is only $9 a month for each character which is reasonable. Everything else you buy is overpriced and temporary. All clothing you buy is only good for 30 days. Mounts are only good for 30 days. Extra inventory space is only good for 30 days. I was very disappointed in the cash shop.

The biggest problem I have with this game, and the reason I quit, is the poor security and customer support from Snail Games USA (the publisher). There are many accounts being hacked with in-game and cash shop gold being stolen. Snail Games USA is refusing to assist the players and blaming the players for getting hacked. They will not even acknowledge the problem or allow it to be discussed on their forums. Myself and a few of my friends were hacked in the same weekend and all of our money, three weeks of work, stolen. Snail refused to assist in any way.

Bottom line is that the game is fun if you like the things I described above. If you play, expect to be hacked, don't use credit cards to pay (they accept many gift cards), and change your password often. I'm not sure I would put any of my personal information in their database.
  31. Aug 17, 2013
    Heard of this game before, but just tried it. Played nearly 2 days straight, and decided to uninstall it rather than waste more time. This game is similar to 9 Dragosn, which was released by Akklaim, pretty cool game. Big open virtual Chinese world, with factions, and developing skills, but skills there were more real, like a punch, or something. You learned them, and then to get new level you had to use it, you had to kick hundrets of times to lvl up, and get better kick, better move sequence. In Age of Wushu, you lvl skills by.. doing nothing. You can just stay somewhere, choose a skill to lvl, and it will slowly progress on its own. Stupid. You get some inner stuff, some attack move, defense, and some special stuff. All of them, to be developed by not even using them. This game is full of gold sellers, and PKs. No save zone. Wherever you are, you are in danger. Cant feel save anywhere. Of course, the higher lvl as always, everywhere, kill newbs. You cant get any better equipment, its hard. Hard to get anything, anywhere. You are going to be stuck with the most basic shop junk equipment. This game has no point, there is hardly any PvE, most quest cant be done, over, and over, and over again. They are like, take this, and give to him/her. Kill X monsters, take the loot. Thats all. The world might be big, but its not really. City here, and there. Nothing special. You can have a job, but all you can do is to play a minigame, constantly. They are all the same. Just get more complicated. One feature I liked, is the fact tha you get your own castle, and you can build buildings, expand it. This game is made for PvP people. Hardly ane PvE, gets boring after a while. The skills require time to be upgraded. On lvl 2, it actually take over 3 hours.. of waiting for them to upgrade. Imagine lvl 30, or higher, it will take weeks. This game is also for those who want to pay. If you dont pay, you are not granted a lot of usefull features, sure, not pay, not gain everything, but thats just wrong. You cant even use in game chat. Seriously.. Game is new, there is a players boom, as always. People come to see, and then they go. Thats how Age of Wushu will end. Expand
  32. Mar 28, 2014
    I like the flavor of some modern kung fu action MMO, but it really doesn't seem very inviting, at least not when you start up. The tutorial is confusing and the game play slow and sluggish. It's a great idea, but poor, poor execution
  33. Aug 3, 2013
    A brilliant concept for a game that is unfortunately overrun with hackers and bots that ruin much of the experience of the game. To top it off, speaking from US server, the staff barely speaks English well enough to understand your reports, and follows a script to dodge rather than deal with in game issues. Also many of the quests are near impossible do, due to translation issues. One quest could have three different translations of the same item and you are forced to play a guessing game. Expand
  34. Nov 5, 2013
    Where to begin, okay so when I first looked into this game i was a little bit skeptical only because it was not one of those 'AAA' mmorpgs titles but that didn't stop me from downloading AOW because I thought the concept of the game was really interesting and I was well and truly intrigued. When I got in game HOWEVER, I was slightly shocked and it got worst. Here is a list to keep things simple.

- No voice acting at all! To be honest, that killed it for me. I wasn't expecting voice acting like in swtor but at least some random dialogue here and there would have made the game more engaging.)

- Dodgy controls This was sort of a big one. The auto pathing was horrible, jumping on roof sometimes would be glitchy and I could walk through some stall vendors)
    - Complex and doesn't really explain much Okay I don't have any problems with learning new things in games but this is just weird. The game offers these cultivation thing and I had to read up on it off game to even get what it does. There are more but you get the picture.)

- Good fighting animations but dodgy The animations are pretty cool but the fighting itself is laggy and made things boring real quick.)

- Questing is a bore. I don't have problems with generic quest like they have in AOW because coming from a WoW player, I expect it and i grew to live with it but because of the combination of the dodgy combat and how far the quest is from the quest giver most the of the time I actually spend more time auto pathing back and forth than fighting.)

- Buggy.

Overall the concept of the game is great and unique but it seems as though Snail games didn't have the budget to execute it well which is what ultimately makes this game a fail. I also have problems logging for the first time which took me an hour to fix only because i had to validate my email and it never told you to....
  35. Mar 27, 2014
    Absolutely beautiful. The game has amazing graphics, the PVP is excellent, and honestly its very possible to have lots of fun in this game without paying a single cent. For those who claim that the game's PvE sucks, that because the game encourages players to fight one another and actually interact with real people, rather than just farm the same NPCs over and over again.

In terms of
    translation, yes it's a little messy but its easy to ask for help in the game as a lot of the players are helpful.

The game has a steep learning curve, but it's really not that hard to get a grasp on once you spend a few hours playing around.

The best part is the fighting. It NEVER gets boring and button mashing will not work. With so many different martial art styles and movement techniques to use, it feels like a real battle :D

For new players, take the time to explore the game, and I'm sure that you will find it an amazing game to play for a long time to come.
  36. Mar 27, 2014
    I got stuck multiple times during just the character creation quests. It was a miracle I got past the first one. I probably did 4 quests before I got absolutely stuck on a simple quest that wanted me to eat 7 exp pills and it said that I did not meet the requirements to eat the pills. I tried to delete my character and restart but I think it takes about a week from the time you click delete till when it actually happens. To be specific it is like reading a mental retards quest tracking. I don't know how much they paid that guy who translated this but it was too much cause he was not worth free. Expand

1. May 7, 2013
    As a PvP-focused game, its time-limited cash shop and cultivation skill system makes it inhospitable to free players, yet Age of Wushu brings fresh life to stale genre features, and even gives your character an intriguing, danger-filled life when you're offline.
  2. May 2, 2013
    While there’s no doubt that AoW has levels of intricacy that are unusual in MMOs today, those intricacies are numerous, and the localization an ongoing effort, making the whole experience difficult for many. Not everyone has the time or the patience to read through scads of text, assimilate and apply those many, many lessons. For those that do, power to you. Here’s hoping you find plenty of gold at the end of that complicated, text-heavy rainbow.
  3. Apr 24, 2013
    Age of Wushu is successful for what it is and it has a community of players who enjoy the game and developers who actually care about their community. The translation is iffy, combat can be awkward, and there are some confusing elements to the game, but it does encourage interaction with other players and has plenty of content.