Age of Wushu PC

5.4

1. Sep 10, 2013
    If you spent a day playing this game and then wrote a bad review on it, you're doing it wrong. I actually quit the first time I played because I got confused and lost track of what I was supposed to be doing. When I tried again, wow was it fun. It takes maybe a good week to really understand the game, unless you're like me and need to take a break and come back another time. Tons of dailyIf you spent a day playing this game and then wrote a bad review on it, you're doing it wrong. I actually quit the first time I played because I got confused and lost track of what I was supposed to be doing. When I tried again, wow was it fun. It takes maybe a good week to really understand the game, unless you're like me and need to take a break and come back another time. Tons of daily events happen at night where hundreds of players duke it out script stealing from each other, warring between schools, warring between guilds, and even street fights that break out between enemies and their friends/guild.

Is there a steep learning curve? Yes
    Are there some translation problems? Yes
    Are there hackers/botters? Yes, but they're getting rid of them and they don't bother you. They're fun to kill.

But the graphics are not as bad as some of the reviews say they are. The game is endlessly entertaining and challenging. Translation problems often mean having to figure out a quest yourself. Some people are frustrated they can't look up a guide that walks them through the fastest/easiest path. But that's part of the fun. Unlike other games, Age of Wushu will give you random surprises. NPCs will literally talk to you, tell you some weird/funny story, hand you some stuff (good or junk) at any time. I'd like to share everything I do that makes this one of the funniest games I've played, but it's too complicated.

Don't knock it until you've taken the time to really learn about the game. It's not like any game you've played before, which was the appeal to me. Because frankly joining an mmo, looking up the best class, looking up the best skill set, and being able to look up a guide to everything was getting dull and boring.
  2. Jul 31, 2013
    The Most inventive, inmersive MMORPG since 10 years. Just try it few days with a Guild and people to help you (because its hard to begin) and you will feel the pleasure of an original Game.
  3. Aug 23, 2013
    Decent pvp system
    Big Adventure, Tons of Fun
    Free PK In this we are left to run Character we will. Although there is Story Quest (there are 4 main story lines to choose from, it affects our Starting early Town) and 8 universities (Shaolin, Emei, Wudang, Beggar, Scholar, Tangmen, Wanderers Valley, Royal Guards) we can still play Character us at will. One of the interesting things
    Decent pvp system
    Big Adventure, Tons of Fun
    Free PK

One of the interesting things in Game Play AOW is any university which basically select Skill can still learn from other universities. because in this game there are Event (6 times a week) that allows us to steal pieces of the Book of Libraries another university. If we could get a piece of the book, then we can learn Skill other universities belong.
  4. Oct 31, 2013
    The game is fun if you you don't mind the bugs, bots and spammers. Some visual glitches will make you cry. The Engrish sometimes hits hard. Make sure you check forums and videos or playing around for a few days before you spend money.

GM support works but only if you open the ticket during their work hours (available on forum) and they're not gods (there are lots of problems they should but won't be able to fix). Don't expect Blizzard treatment (QQ on forum about getting owned in pvp or how OP a class is won't work and you will just get flamed).
  5. May 16, 2013
    I gave this game a 10 because I see people have given this great game a 0, which is absurd. My real score is 85. This is by far the best MMO I have ever played, I'm a long-time and retired WOW vet, I have played every MMO that has ever come out. To me, this game sits on the top, second to none. There are some bugs, and bad translations, but compared to any other MMO, this one is much moreI gave this game a 10 because I see people have given this great game a 0, which is absurd. My real score is 85. This is by far the best MMO I have ever played, I'm a long-time and retired WOW vet, I have played every MMO that has ever come out. To me, this game sits on the top, second to none. There are some bugs, and bad translations, but compared to any other MMO, this one is much more solid. I look at MMO's like SWTOR and GW2, these titles had 10x the budget, and were 10x less an MMO, I'm a huge star wars fan, but that did nothing to help SWTOR, I'm not going to get into the game, and explain how everything works, it's free to download, and free to play. This is the Eve of Kung Fu games, beautiful graphics for an MMO, great controls, great music, and replay value is off the charts. I have made 8 google accounts to experience all schools since you can only have one toon, which is something that I hope gets changed in the future. Overall, this game demands attention and skill that most will never understand probably. Expand
  6. Oct 15, 2013
    WARNING If you don't like Open-PvP based games (you get protection until you reach lvl 5-6 or First Understanding) or is a hardcore PvEer, then you are obliged to LEAVE.

I don't know why this game has so low ratings, but I think this game really deserves a 10. While it may be overwhelming at first, it is worth playing. It is impossible to compare to other modern-day MMOs, this game sores above the limits, in cultivation, flying skills, and unique abilities. If handled right, this could be even more popular than WoW, for a PvP-based game.
    One thing that really bothers me is this game is already pre-judged, and thats what I find in the 'Critic Reviews' from IGN and MMORPG.com. I want to stress this as much as possible, Age of Wushu is NOT Pay2Win. While it does have a time-limited cash shop, most of the stuff there is only cosmetic, or mounts. All other gear can be acquired freely. In fact, this game can be played completely free (which I will explain a few lines below).

The most interesting features that I want to cover here are the cultivation system and offline experience. The cultivation system is the most unique and creative system that I found out of all the MMOs that I played. In Age of Wushu, you don't level up by killing mobs/quests. Mobs/Quests only give you experience (1-5 points), which then get converted to cultivation points (free players acquire 200-300 points, and VIP acquire around 300 and rare 500). You then use the points into your skills or your internal skill (level). There are 3 methods in doing this: Internal Cultivation (basically leveling for you while you play), Practice (spend coins (bound silver) or taels (unbound silver), both of which CAN be aquired freely (also will explain below), and Team Practice (teaming up into groups of 2-10 and play a DDR mini-game. Having a full group of 10 players yields the highest amount of cultivation system, and it recommended that you do it daily). The Offline System is also a very interesting feature. When you log-out, your character doesn't stop there. It can become a NPC, open Offline Stalls (VIP-only), or culitvate while you sleep (also VIP-only. VIP actually is worth buying and for a reasonable price of $9 USD). As a NPC, you're not safe. You can be kidnapped (don't worry, you just get a debuff that prevents you from getting money from offline jobs (these jobs are rare, and mostly VIP, so don't worry about it). Kidnapping other players yields a medium amount of unbound silver (taels), which can be traded with other players.

Now I'll address the major issues stated in the reviews here
    - Goldfarmers while they do get very annoying (especially when they spam up your chat menu), there is a very simple way to get rid of them. 1. Block every single gold spamming player (they only change characters once a week, so don't worry about it as a daily chore) 2. Uncheck the Gossip channel.
    3. Enjoy Gold-Spamming Free Chat! (BTW bots are always very fun to kill, if they have 'abdwef' as their name, its probably a bot, so kill it!
    - Translation Issues while I do admit that there are some issues with it, it is hardly something that can bother you. (Only the rare 2% of the time you will encounter an NPC with such issues)
    - No Help At All In the latest version of Age of Wushu, there are loads of tutorials ready for you so you don't get lost. I myself hardly remember getting lost, thanks to all those handy tutorials, records and the 'Help' guide. (Warning: If you stray away from the startering area, then you will get completely lost)

This game is very free, and as free as other F2P MMOs such as LoTRO. The best gear you will get is from other players, and NO you DO NOT have pay with RL money in order to aquire such gear, as much as the reviews here try to mislead you. Taels can be acquired through many sources: Kidnapping (10-20 Taels per kidnap), and Selling Goods to other players (Rare items that you can acquire as a starter are T2 Workbenchs, which sell for 1-3Ding (1000 Liang). Unless you really need money, you can acquire that from paying Snail (which I find no reason to, as you can aquire $250 worth of liang for free).

I think this game has alot of chances to be very sucessful in America. It has already very popular in China right now, and the latest updates to the Chinese version brings even more additions (adds a day-night system, dynamic weather, and 6 new schools). (The additions should be transfered over to the America version soon.)

If this review still hasn't convinced you to play Age of Wushu, try searching up other reviews on YouTube, such as MMOGrinder's excellent in-depth dive into it. There's also other things that I haven't covered here (such as flying skills, and the awesome skill sets) but you can find all about them on YouTube or through Google.

This review was written during Patch 1.1019, which addressed many of the major issues in Pre-August reviews.
  7. Apr 10, 2013
    This game gives me a chance to touch ancient Chinese background. Few westerners know what real Chinese Kung fu looks like before entering Age of Wushu. To be honestly, I don't know exactly what to do from the moment I log in. Gradually as I walked deep into the story line, I get addicted. Great game!
  8. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is the english version of It's popularity in asia speaks for itself. I didn't expect much from a F2P title, and was very surprised at the level of polish and depth it presents.

The guy rating this a 0 has his views, it's definately not suitable for him, hehe. But if you like a asian themes MMORPG with a structure resembling Guild Wars 2 but with open world PVP instead of

But if you like a asian themes MMORPG with a structure resembling Guild Wars 2 but with open world PVP instead of WvW, definately worth checking out.

My mates played the Asian version of this tell me it's a game worth investing time in, and I also very like what I see so far.

Reviews from CC and joystiq are pretty spot on imo!

Glhf all ^_^
  9. Apr 30, 2013
    Though I've only been playing for three days I've only seen a fraction of what this game has to offer. This is not your average run of the mill MMO. This is a true open sand box experience with a beautiful setting and a fun dynamic combat system. If you're used to games like WoW or Tera you may find this game lacking in the traditional content department. Instead of grinding your way toThough I've only been playing for three days I've only seen a fraction of what this game has to offer. This is not your average run of the mill MMO. This is a true open sand box experience with a beautiful setting and a fun dynamic combat system. If you're used to games like WoW or Tera you may find this game lacking in the traditional content department. Instead of grinding your way to endgame you spend your time helping those in need, farming, bounty hunting, raiding, participating in guild battles, dungeons, open world pvp and more. The game has a heavy focus on the martial arts and it takes it to an entirely new level that I personally have never seen before in a video game. Wall running, aerial combat, sprinting across water and much more are at your disposal in this game, though you're going to have to work for it. This is a truly unique game that's certainly worth trying out, and it doesn't help that its entirely and completely free. Expand
  10. Apr 30, 2013
    The game has many new and interesting mechanics not present in recent MMOs Combat in PvE is pretty standard but the meat of the game is in PvP and combat in PvP can be very exciting. Many complaints I hear about the game are about how hard it is to actually get into and being too confusing. But really all you need to do is watch or read one of the many tutorials that come up with simpleThe game has many new and interesting mechanics not present in recent MMOs Combat in PvE is pretty standard but the meat of the game is in PvP and combat in PvP can be very exciting. Many complaints I hear about the game are about how hard it is to actually get into and being too confusing. But really all you need to do is watch or read one of the many tutorials that come up with simple Google search. Expand
  11. Apr 30, 2013
    If it isn't obvious enough from the review ratio already, this is one of those games that you either love or hate. To be honest it's not even worth attempting to write a review for a game this complex. There is literally too much information to cover within the 5000 character limit. Let me just say that if you're a fan of sandbox MMOs, this is a game that you have to play.
  12. Apr 11, 2013
    I have to tell you I'm NOT A martial arts fan. The reason I started to play this game is I saw a pvp clips by chance on youtube maybe, a Tangmen(more like rogue in other mmorpg) Vs. Shaolin(warrior, monks), at the beginning, monk token tons of dmg and kept blocking. At time his fury was full that allowed him to cast some ultra skill called 'bring flower to buddha', then he got close toI have to tell you I'm NOT A martial arts fan. The reason I started to play this game is I saw a pvp clips by chance on youtube maybe, a Tangmen(more like rogue in other mmorpg) Vs. Shaolin(warrior, monks), at the beginning, monk token tons of dmg and kept blocking. At time his fury was full that allowed him to cast some ultra skill called 'bring flower to buddha', then he got close to rogue, broke blocking, astonishing combo. Tang nearly lost this duel, with very low hit point, Tang stun him, with his dagger combo attack lasting like 30s finally knocked monk out. i never have such experience in any other mmorpgs, I was shocked, JUST Fxxking AWESOME!
    And I have different story about the localization. I don't know the meaning 'bring flower to buddha himself' or 'three cricles around the moon'(but l do love a song called Cricles Around The Sun) like all of you, so i googled those names, then a brand new story just appeared, other culture story, raw translation this time really worked.
    If you like to know some new stuff, hit the amazing pvp experience, you don't want miss this game with absolutely no doubt.
  13. Dec 28, 2013
    Wushu is easily the most original, well thought out mmorpg the genre has seen in years, easily. Not since the likes of EVE have I seen such depth of systems. At launch there was enough content to last 8 months of 16 hour per day play. There has been 3-4 large updates since launch. Wushu saved 2013 for me.
  14. Apr 17, 2013
    This game is probably the best sandbox I have ever played. Steep learning curve, but worth it. The pvp is excellent, the criminal system is top notch. The combat is outstanding.
  15. Apr 26, 2013
    To all you wow kids giving the game bad scores after only playing an hour and giving up, stick with wow. When I first started it was tough to learn. I am glad I stuck with it though cause now I'm hooked. Every mmo I have tried recently gets me bored after a few days or less. This one however has enough things to do that I don't feel like im doing the same boring every day. I plan onTo all you wow kids giving the game bad scores after only playing an hour and giving up, stick with wow. When I first started it was tough to learn. I am glad I stuck with it though cause now I'm hooked. Every mmo I have tried recently gets me bored after a few days or less. This one however has enough things to do that I don't feel like im doing the same boring every day. I plan on sticking with this game for a while. Give it a try if your not afraid of challenge. Expand
  16. Apr 10, 2013
    Great game! I love the fighting it does NOT get boring and only gets better as you go. However a lot of people will be turn off because its not WOWish. If you put the time into learning the fighting it is SOOOO rewarding. The first Instance has 5 bosses and was a blast! The game is "free", but I see alot of people getting butt hurt over the mico transactions. I look at it this way... WOWGreat game! I love the fighting it does NOT get boring and only gets better as you go. However a lot of people will be turn off because its not WOWish. If you put the time into learning the fighting it is SOOOO rewarding. The first Instance has 5 bosses and was a blast! The game is "free", but I see alot of people getting butt hurt over the mico transactions. I look at it this way... WOW got $230 bucks from me my first year! $50 for the game and $15 a month. From what i can see $230 could go a long way in Wushu. How cool is this? I am about to leave my toon(fisherman)by the water and sign off, by doing so i get xp when not on line-sick! From what I see the all the servers are full. I see tons of people playing. my screen would be fill with toon! You can press F9 btw to hide all player toons, and just show floating names. Pretty cool idea if it gets to cluttered or you have a slower pc. Expand
  17. Mar 27, 2014
    Absolutely beautiful. The game has amazing graphics, the PVP is excellent, and honestly its very possible to have lots of fun in this game without paying a single cent. For those who claim that the game's PvE sucks, that because the game encourages players to fight one another and actually interact with real people, rather than just farm the same NPCs over and over again.

In terms of

In terms of translation, yes it's a little messy but its easy to ask for help in the game as a lot of the players are helpful.

The game has a steep learning curve, but it's really not that hard to get a grasp on once you spend a few hours playing around.

The best part is the fighting. It NEVER gets boring and button mashing will not work. With so many different martial art styles and movement techniques to use, it feels like a real battle :D

For new players, take the time to explore the game, and I'm sure that you will find it an amazing game to play for a long time to come.
  18. May 20, 2014
    Introduction:
    A Unique MMO-RPG game system that need "time" to leveling your Hero and have "Open PVP mass-PVP" system in Chinese KungFu era theme. This Series is the NA version and Snail game company take care of it.
    Game System: +Open PVP that make most of player can express what they want +It have jail system which "bad" people can't do evil too much +It have a life, manufacture,
    Introduction:

Game System:
    +Open PVP that make most of player can express what they want
    +It have jail system which "bad" people can't do evil too much
    +It have a life, manufacture, culture, and economic skill which support the Hero
    +It have Team Practice to "cut" the cultivating time and every round of Team practice will increase ur fatigue
    +Tons of skill which make u play more and it will come another one
    +Can marry (get couple benefit), ride horse, swim dive on water or even fly on the air (with "feint" trick)
    and many more +++

-Most of mob will reset or back to "standby" state if u go/move to "unlucky" area and the mob will replenish it Health to max
    -Some of Quest is hard to solve due bad translation and direction of quest line

Music and Ambient:
    +Represent the theme

Graphic:
    +Pleasure eyes for the first impression

Control:
    +Lot of hot-key to fill in

-Somehow fight system will be bit odd if u have bad connection

The Management:
    +Lot of reward and event
    -The GM response is kinda slow and unresponsive
    -Need to be vip to get all the "fun"
    -New Server = Kill old server

My experience with the game:
    I played this game since June - July. I make char in all server until then i found out the best server for me that is BD ( Blue Dragon server). I had ton of fun in this server. Join a guild, do instance, kill people, sell item from stall, and do life skill (farming tailoring etc). I play with non-VIP status till now in BD server. FYI: BD is the first server.

Then it come the GK (Golden Kirin) server which make me depart to that server. I found out the GK server have more active player than BD. Then i do the same cycle like i did in BD. Join guild and do fun thing. I don't know why but the "pressure" to getting better Hero player in this server is so undeniable and i don't have time to play everyday to leveling (make online the char). I decide to be VIP in GK server. FYI: this is the first online game i spend money on it :S

And guess what, I make myself more addicted to the game with VIP status. Because is benefit and feature. I am getting addicted to the game time by time. I almost don't know when i must stop play --"
    Until i run out my VIP status and i "quit" the game temporary.
    I heard there a lot of system and environment update like weather n etc right before i quit, that make this game even better.

I give it 10 point for make me addicted so bad, good job Snail :|
  19. Jun 17, 2014
    I've been playing this game for 7 months, so finally I have my thoughts on the game. All games have pros and cons, so I will show my review as such, and you decide if its worth your time.

Pros: - Very immersive MMO. - Fun, engaging, and balanced combat, using a paper-rock-scissors system. Combat is clear and understandable, you can read your enemies movements and allies as well. PvP

Pros:
    - Very immersive MMO.
    - Fun, engaging, and balanced combat, using a paper-rock-scissors system. Combat is clear and understandable, you can read your enemies movements and allies as well. PvP is very enjoyable.
    - Beautiful art and background music.
    - Tons of events and things to do: Main quests. Random Encounters. School wars. Script Stealing. Faction events. Escorts. Kidnapping. Instances. Team Practice. Weekly Tourneys. Mount Hua Tourney. and much more.
    - All of these events are fun and encourage A LOT of interaction with other players.
    - The game is expanding. There are huge expansions coming up (form china), which includes new factions, extensive gameplay, and even moving the game to a Unreal Engine 3 Environment (maybe 2015). So the future of AoW is still in progress.

Cons:
    - The game isn't Free to play. Its Free-to-try, and Pay-to-Enjoy. Still, I think 9$ a month is cheap for getting everything you need.
    - Translations are pretty bad. They are at least understandable with good levels of english.
    - There is some hacking and bots, selling in-game money in third party websites. But this happens in many online games too, so shouldn't be a big problem if you ignore them.
    - Guides are hard to find. This game is too complex and it's chinese, so its hard for new players. The best guides you will find will be translated guides made by chinese players. Getting into a big guild will also help a lot.
    - "Ancient" skill sets. These should have never existed in the first place. They are very expensive and hard to get, but those few rich people that pay tons of real cash them will negate the paper-rock-scissors balance in the game, so be warned if you want to be competitive. They DO have counters, but there are very few and require a high level of experience on the game.

Conclusion:
    If you like Chinese Wuxia themed MMO's, and you enjoy Medium/Hard challenges, this is the game for you.

PS: Please don't pay listen to reviews where they played for a few hours and say they know about the game. MMO's by nature require more time to fully understand their features and mechanics.

1. May 7, 2013
    As a PvP-focused game, its time-limited cash shop and cultivation skill system makes it inhospitable to free players, yet Age of Wushu brings fresh life to stale genre features, and even gives your character an intriguing, danger-filled life when you're offline.
  2. May 2, 2013
    While there’s no doubt that AoW has levels of intricacy that are unusual in MMOs today, those intricacies are numerous, and the localization an ongoing effort, making the whole experience difficult for many. Not everyone has the time or the patience to read through scads of text, assimilate and apply those many, many lessons. For those that do, power to you. Here’s hoping you find plenty of gold at the end of that complicated, text-heavy rainbow.
  3. Apr 24, 2013
    Age of Wushu is successful for what it is and it has a community of players who enjoy the game and developers who actually care about their community. The translation is iffy, combat can be awkward, and there are some confusing elements to the game, but it does encourage interaction with other players and has plenty of content.