Aion PC

• Release Date: Sep 22, 2009
6.6

1. JezJ.
    Oct 8, 2009
    Can't give it a ten as im only level 16 - but enjoyed every minute so far - going to keep on till I feel ive had enough and not before! - Not a grind fest if you Learn how to play.
  2. MikeJ.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Amazing game! Breath of fresh air after 4 years of WoW and a TON of lackluster MMO's released after!
  3. PritR.
    Sep 23, 2009
    MMO is always about grinding, but in AION usually you only gather 5 items and monster location is not far away from NPC quest giver. I play WoW and WoW grinding is lot harder than this one. I dont care if you want to play WoW for rest of your life. Me, I'm just looking for NEW fantastic experience, and that is AION.
  4. BlakeH
    Sep 23, 2009
    Aion is by far the most polished and well-done MMORPGs to be released since WoW, and the launch went great with no bugs or game-breaking flaws. There are ridiculous queue times to get into servers, hovever which is why I didn't give this a 10. For a Korean produced game, it certainly doesn't feel that way and even feels more "western" than many American MMOs.
  5. DiogoP.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Right from the start Aion's colours and graphics are amazing, incredible environments much lighter than expected thanks to the cry engine. You can make a character that looks like you, or maybe a hoompa loompa or even the wicked witch! LvLing is extremely easy (maybe a bit too much) part of the fun is the sweat it takes to go to top lvls. You get to know your class in early lvls, and Right from the start Aion's colours and graphics are amazing, incredible environments much lighter than expected thanks to the cry engine. You can make a character that looks like you, or maybe a hoompa loompa or even the wicked witch! LvLing is extremely easy (maybe a bit too much) part of the fun is the sweat it takes to go to top lvls. You get to know your class in early lvls, and get later into the best part of the game. The abyss and the never ending pvp. Get equips, stigma stones, god stones, make a toon with strenght and defend your side in very fast paced pvp action. The classes are very balanced, but the game will evolve more for sure, and the true challenge for good gamers and hardcore gamers is the pvp. Expand
  6. BrittonT.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Tried all other MMO's... AoC, WoW, WAR, but nothing comes close to Aion... The game is clearly based on skill and end-game will be skill-based, as well. The game does not gorge itself on 'best armor beats all', it is the skill that matters. The early specialization helps players hone their abilities to play their role early on, making for a better gaming experience for all. Tried all other MMO's... AoC, WoW, WAR, but nothing comes close to Aion... The game is clearly based on skill and end-game will be skill-based, as well. The game does not gorge itself on 'best armor beats all', it is the skill that matters. The early specialization helps players hone their abilities to play their role early on, making for a better gaming experience for all. A must try! And it is NOT a 'Korean Grindfest'... This game is brought to you by the makers of GuildWars. Expand
  7. SteveK
    Sep 25, 2009
    This game is an excellent MMO that does not reinvent the genre but refines the "tried and true" formula with polish and varnish that really shines. Just don't expect it to revolutionalize your experience of MMOs. There have been some problems with queues, but here is a hint on how to avoid a queue: GO TO A WEST COAST SERVER. Problem solved. From the head start to now, I have not This game is an excellent MMO that does not reinvent the genre but refines the "tried and true" formula with polish and varnish that really shines. Just don't expect it to revolutionalize your experience of MMOs. There have been some problems with queues, but here is a hint on how to avoid a queue: GO TO A WEST COAST SERVER. Problem solved. From the head start to now, I have not waited in a queue for 1 second. And I'm not sure if queues are affected by the race you play, but I would play Elyos if I were you. There are less people playing Elyos meaning it won't be as crowded. Those saying it's a grindfest are simply out of their minds. This game is no more of a grindfest than World of Warcraft or ANY mmo ever made. You can level purely by quests, meaning its not a grindfest. People are letting the graphics style and their knowledge that it is a Korean game bias their judgment. Make sure you level past 10 (which doesn't take long) to pass judgment on this game. Once you ascend at lvl 10 is when the game begins. I have played just about every major MMO release. This has been my favorite by far. Great story-telling, awesome graphics, great gameplay, great atmosphere, the promise of massive aerial PvP battles. What's not to like? Don't believe the naysayers, try it yourself (remember Elyos on a west coast server). Expand
  8. AndreaC.
    Sep 27, 2009
    I don't think the game is so griny, i just played 5 days, 45 hours and i'm already at lev 28, with a cap of 50. The abyss pvp is pretty fun. I love this game. The Bad? QUEUE! They really underestimated the number of the players, they really failed with the number of the servers!
  9. BrianB
    Nov 2, 2009
    Everyone who gave this game below a 7 obviously did not make it past level 25 and quit. 25 is where the game really begins and although it may not be fun to get there, once you do it gets much better. Problems with spam is mostly gone with recent patches and there is not a que ever anymore since two and a half weeks after the game came out. So those who rated this game when you Everyone who gave this game below a 7 obviously did not make it past level 25 and quit. 25 is where the game really begins and although it may not be fun to get there, once you do it gets much better. Problems with spam is mostly gone with recent patches and there is not a que ever anymore since two and a half weeks after the game came out. So those who rated this game when you haven't even experienced half of it is quite unfair to the game and to the readers of these reviews. And to those who have played past 25 and still dislike the game, just remember its a fairly new game, even vanilla WoW wasn't much different in its tank and spank aspect. So give the game time before you write it off as a tank and spank only game. Expand
  10. TurskaS
    Oct 29, 2009
    Aion has its pros and cons like all other MMOs do. I bought it a few days ago and I must say that it is very decent game with potential. Im going to compare this with WoW only because WoW is so popular that for example if I say that Aion's user interface is very WoW-like (which it is), most people understand what I mean. The first things that made me buy this game was its graphics Aion has its pros and cons like all other MMOs do. I bought it a few days ago and I must say that it is very decent game with potential. Im going to compare this with WoW only because WoW is so popular that for example if I say that Aion's user interface is very WoW-like (which it is), most people understand what I mean. The first things that made me buy this game was its graphics (hot elf like people? +1 happy customer ^^) and soundtrack, which is very good compared to old WoW tunes which I am already used to. Battle music also gives a real spice (however, if you dont like it you can turn it off from the options). Next is the gameplay. I can say that Aion's gameplay is very much like WoW's. If you are a WoW veteran you're propably going to experience quite a few deja vu moments. Most of people say that all other MMORPGs copy WoW. That in no way is true, because WoW never was the first of MMOs in any way. WoW has just been able to adapt all these systems "the best". The things that differ in Aion and WoW, are their endgame content. WoW has a lot of PvE dungeons, raids, world bosses ect. while Aion is geared more towards PvP oriented players. On level 25 players are able to enter Abyss and engage other faction's players in battle (Alliance vs. Horde deja vu). The point of this is get Abyss points which are used to purchase good gear like in WoW. Also your objectives there are not only ganking people with zerg groups, but also capturing vital points (artifacts, fortresses) which grant bonuses to your whole faction different bonuses. (lowered prices at NPC vendors, buffs ect.). There are also these rifts opening around the world, where you can gather groups and assault another faction's lands through them. I must say that Aion's PvP is much more well executed than WoW's, but it really lacks in PvE endgame content. True that the Abyss is "PvPvE" area where there is this third NPC faction "Baulaur" who try to take control from both factions, but it still is an excuse of serious raiding content. Like I first said, Aion is more of PvP game while WoW is PvE. Joining a legion (guild) is a must for players to rip most fun out of Aion. In WoW it isn't necessary to join a guild to experience some memorable instance boss fights (remember also heoic dungeons). Most people talk of grind, but I havent seen any more grind than in WoW. But I have yet to enter the levels where people talk about that most grinding takes place (Im level 20 templar), so I've yet to have right to say about that. What is bad in Aion? The crafting system. While I did not like WoWs crafting system (especially tailoring/leatherworking/smithing. most of the time you get gear you don't need and you also get the best gear from raids and dungeons and you end up using a lot of money for nothing), Aion's is very much a grindfest. You get these "work orders" which are repeatable quests. You are given some materials and you have to craft the wanted goods (these are not usable by player). The cost of buying the real materials increases as you level your skill. The bad thing in Aion is that it just takes a very, very LONG time to level your skill. The real grindfest is here, not in leveling your character. Customizing your character's every body part and face is a nice extra. There are only two races (Elyos, Asmodians), but at least there is about zero possibility of you running into player that looks just like you :). Also, people might or might not like the game's asian styled characters (anime/manga anyone?). I however took this with a warm hug :). Oh, and flying (outside Abyss) is overrated. So in the end: Pros: -stunning graphics -decent gameplay (leveling) -PvP is suberb (in case you join a legion, alone it is a bit stale) -great soundtrack -excelent character customization Cons: -lack of good PvE endgame content -crafting sucks -delivers ony a little new for the genre -some people might not like asian stylished characters While nothing groundbreaking and not a WoW-killer, Aion is a very refined and polished MMO, which at least gave me good vibes. Forgive me if a forgot to address anything important. Expand
  11. DaveT
    Sep 23, 2009
    Now this is what an MMORPG should be right out of the box. I left Champions Online for this game and haven't regretted a second. The difference between the two is night and day. You want to feel like a superhero? Then pick up Aion now.
  12. KrisX.
    Sep 28, 2009
    A goos solid, steady MMO with good PvE and PvP. Can only comment on the first 20 levels but am excited to see what comes in the next 30 levels! Good, exciting alternative to other popular MMOs.
  13. GregL
    Sep 28, 2009
    Fantastic game, super smooth launch. Past lvl 30 already and loving it, though the levels are slowing down very very quickly. The pvp in this game is awesome, and VERY well balanced. Recommend to everyone w/o a second thought.
  14. Feb 12, 2014
    Aion has kind of improved. There's much less grinding, you can level your character from 1-65 in like a week. The community is still terrible and so is the NCsoft support. There are still ganks and PvP is unbalanced, but isn't that the case in almost every MMO?
    I think you should definitely try the game, though. The character customisation is great, the music and the landscape (especially the new places) are beautiful. It involves much more group questing than it used to and it's much easier to acquire good gear.
  15. Aug 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a grinder. It is freaking beautiful! I have played 4 MMOs (IMO major oones), and am happy with it quite allot. The only thing I miss is addons. The quest sysem is great, but finding the objectives can be a little confusing for some of the quests. After you get used to the UI (learning curb is a standard thing in MMOs), you get addicted. I have yet to be flatlined on my enthusiasm, and I have logged over 40 hours so far in it! Love it may be a too strong phrase, but I am on the virge of loving it!, just need to get higher lvl and start using more of the flight aspect in the grind Expand
  16. Oct 16, 2011
    Aion is a visually stunning world with captivating story and combat. The grind at launch has since long been fixed and is now a stand MMO with flight, PvPvE content, content patches every few months and one of the best customer support around. I've played World of Warcraft and Rift and I cannot say how much better Aion is in customization, story telling, combat and visuals. The world ofAion is a visually stunning world with captivating story and combat. The grind at launch has since long been fixed and is now a stand MMO with flight, PvPvE content, content patches every few months and one of the best customer support around. I've played World of Warcraft and Rift and I cannot say how much better Aion is in customization, story telling, combat and visuals. The world of Aion is something that you must not miss and there is no reason to with the free trial. Breathing a breath of fresh air into the genre, Aion revolutionizes everything we think is possible in an mmo. Crafting, Combat, Flight, Graphics, all rich in detail and webs intricate patterns into the game that will not be looked over.
    This game is definitely a game that you must play if you are waiting for a game or wanting a game to call home.
  17. Dec 20, 2011
    Anyone who loves MMORPGs needs to give this game a chance!

Anyone who loves MMORPGs needs to give this game a chance!

Aion is a graphically stunning MMO. I often find myself distracted from any task at hand by the beauty of my surroundings. The character creation is the best the genre has to offer and allows the player to really let their imagination go wild for better or for worse. Ability effects are flashy and the level of detail of, well, everything is impressive. I could go on and on about how visually pleasing Aion is.

The game play is of moderate difficulty. The "grind" is actually not that bad and has improved considerably since launch. I've played MMOs with a far worse grind (FFXI anyone?) and Aion is a pleasure to play in comparison. Most activities your character can take part in offer experience points... That includes fighting, quests, crafting, gathering craftables, etc. This gives you plenty of options on how to gain experience points.

I don't give Aion a 10 because the combat is actually not hard enough for my tastes and you don't need to be particularly skilled to get by. PvP is a bit unbalanced and I wish there was a bit more variety of end game content. Aion has room to grow and I look forward to being there as it matures from a great MMO to an excellent one.
  18. GlennC.
    Oct 1, 2009
    It is a grinder. It is freaking beautiful! I have played 4 MMOs (IMO major oones), and am happy with it quite allot. The only thing I miss is addons. The quest sysem is great, but finding the objectives can be a little confusing for some of the quests. After you get used to the UI (learning curb is a standard thing in MMOs), you get addicted. I have yet to be flatlined on my enthusiasm, It is a grinder. It is freaking beautiful! I have played 4 MMOs (IMO major oones), and am happy with it quite allot. The only thing I miss is addons. The quest sysem is great, but finding the objectives can be a little confusing for some of the quests. After you get used to the UI (learning curb is a standard thing in MMOs), you get addicted. I have yet to be flatlined on my enthusiasm, and I have logged over 40 hours so far in it! Love it may be a too strong phrase, but I am on the virge of loving it!, just need to get higher lvl and start using more of the flight aspect in the grind. Expand
  19. JonT.
    Sep 25, 2009
    While some may feel that ypu are 'epic' and everyone else is 'epic' this game is therefore bad. Isn't that in ALL games? The storyline is the same for the same class, DUH, it's like that in WoW... Bubt this game is super-polished, almost sinfully so. And quite addictiing, to say the least. I'd like to inform you that this is not a grindfest as some say, While some may feel that ypu are 'epic' and everyone else is 'epic' this game is therefore bad. Isn't that in ALL games? The storyline is the same for the same class, DUH, it's like that in WoW... Bubt this game is super-polished, almost sinfully so. And quite addictiing, to say the least. I'd like to inform you that this is not a grindfest as some say, but merely based upon the player's skill to control their classes, which I believe is why class specialization starts early on as others have pointed out. Expand
  20. AlanD
    Sep 25, 2009
    I'd rate this game about a 7 so far, but I'm giving it a 10 to balance out Karl H's ridiculous rating. When I logged in there was a long queue so I changed servers and got in right away. At least the goth chicks have a clue. Also, I equate anime with cartoonish big-eyed teenagers and Aion doesn't look anything like that. The graphics look great, even on a mediocre rig. I'd rate this game about a 7 so far, but I'm giving it a 10 to balance out Karl H's ridiculous rating. When I logged in there was a long queue so I changed servers and got in right away. At least the goth chicks have a clue. Also, I equate anime with cartoonish big-eyed teenagers and Aion doesn't look anything like that. The graphics look great, even on a mediocre rig. So far it seems like a solid title but it's hard to make a snap judgement on an MMO this big. Installing from DVD took a few hours but worked fine. Expand
  21. Dec 30, 2013
    It's a good M.M.O.R.P.G. with both PvE and PvP content that offers a. awesome. experience.......
    It offers a .lot of fun for a variety of users........
  22. JoeB
    Sep 29, 2009
    Some people may feel that this MMO mimicks WoW or other MMO's but I feel it epitomizes the MMO experience. The fluid, complex combat along with the powerful storyline stands side by side with the breath taking graphics. The element of flight in this game is remarkable. The PvPvE aspect is unique but successfull. Overall, I think it is the best MMO so far released and I am glad to see Some people may feel that this MMO mimicks WoW or other MMO's but I feel it epitomizes the MMO experience. The fluid, complex combat along with the powerful storyline stands side by side with the breath taking graphics. The element of flight in this game is remarkable. The PvPvE aspect is unique but successfull. Overall, I think it is the best MMO so far released and I am glad to see it highly populated from the start. Expand
  23. Dec 21, 2010
    Aion 2.1 made the game a completely different experience.
    The bit of grind that existed at high levels long ago has been dealt with, Aion is very fun to play now if you are a social active MMORPG gamer. Its still hard though for solo gamer or kids who cant deal with the economy of Aion. Positive to see a game not just lure player with skinner box type gameplay like WoW.
    New 2.0
    Aion 2.1 made the game a completely different experience.
    New 2.0 questlines are gorgeous and the little story arcs are exciting. I could only wish there where more. The community-forums are though are overrun with people who quit the game long ago. I wish they would prevent player who don't play the game from posting to allow some mature discussions on the forums not overrun with hate and immature trolling. Evading to public fan-forums doesn't work for the same reason and its toppled by WoW fans who hate every other game they aren't pampered in like little babies and praised how great they are.
    Theres much to do for the community aspect of Aion and schooling to do for the new community coordinators. Especially how to deal with unconstructive hate and immaturity of quitter and self proclaimed critics also known as trolls.
  24. KyleK
    Oct 1, 2009
    A VERY good game. Aion has everything good from many mmo's and if your a fan you need to get this. but ncsofts lack of bot protection might kill the game in the long run. but have faith! this is a A+ game.
  25. Sean
    Nov 8, 2009
    Overall it is a great game for me. I play 10-15hours a week which is much less then the average and I enjoy the instances and questing. The game overall has the best character balance I have seen since, say the lvl 60 cap in wow (other than Shamans back then). The warrior can tank, the Sorc can destroy with very high DPS(assuming she doesn't get attacked head on), etc. I am currently Overall it is a great game for me. I play 10-15hours a week which is much less then the average and I enjoy the instances and questing. The game overall has the best character balance I have seen since, say the lvl 60 cap in wow (other than Shamans back then). The warrior can tank, the Sorc can destroy with very high DPS(assuming she doesn't get attacked head on), etc. I am currently only lvl 31 out of 50, but have experienced many things in the game. Like others have noted there is some grinding, but in my experience it was a couple hours total... No more. I only repeated about 3 quest out of the 100's I have done. So not that bad considering... Some fun facts about the game. You can do every skill at one time~ Alchemy, gathering, weaponsmith, etc. But you can only go to 300 and 400 on 1 skill. So it that helps a lot. Also You do not have to gather anything if you do not want to. You can do "Work Orders" to increase skill without providing mats and then when you get your skill high enough to make items you want to use or sale you provide mats. Very handy feature. Some instances you have to capture the fortress in the PVP area to have acess to it. And of course the flying is awesome, graphics is beatiful and worked on high on a $59 9600GS at 35FPS. Very well polished. Hope this helps some of you considering trying Aion. It is worth it. Expand
  26. DavidC
    Oct 1, 2009
    Aion is a beautiful game and there's not much grinding XP if you actually understand the game. I give Aion a perfect 10/10 because it stands out far more than any other MMO at release. Aion can be on the challenging side but a difficult game never scares any true gamers away! Aion is great; give it a chance.
  27. SamuelG
    Oct 20, 2009
    I have level 15 and I needed to grinding at lvl 12 ( 10% of xp ); ( 20% at lvl 13 ); and more than 50% at lvl 15. But, at lvl 16, they are giving new quest... Well, alot of grinding. The fight systeme is great and dynamic. Beautiful graphic and the fly sensations are incredible! Play with friends, it is a must.
  28. WillA
    Oct 2, 2009
    Fantastic launch, if you like me played WoW at launch you wold agree it was a terrible time. Aion has managed to pull it off well in my opinion, the grinding aspect can be quite boring, and the end game will probably be updated in time. I have high hopes for this game, good luck Aion.
  29. JoshJ
    Oct 28, 2009
    For those of you that seriously give this game a 1-3 rating, you need to stop being jealous that this is better than whatver mmo you are playing. Aside from Everquest 2. A person giving this a score of 1... plays WoW. Get over it. Yes you lost some of your friends to this game, and I understand that makes you mad, but get over it. This game on full graphics 1680x1050, looks amaizing. If For those of you that seriously give this game a 1-3 rating, you need to stop being jealous that this is better than whatver mmo you are playing. Aside from Everquest 2. A person giving this a score of 1... plays WoW. Get over it. Yes you lost some of your friends to this game, and I understand that makes you mad, but get over it. This game on full graphics 1680x1050, looks amaizing. If you are grinding at lvl 13... you are retarded. Your first lvl needed to grind doesnt come until about lvl 22. Walk around, find the quests. They dont come to you like other mmorpgs. The quests are fun, the music is brilliant, and although I've only made it to lvl 40 of 50, this game is an AWESOME package overall. Now, it may deserve a score lower than the 10 I'm giving it, but I'm rating this to compensate for the users ratings of 1-3.. STOP PLAYING WOW Expand
  30. daveuk
    Oct 4, 2009
    great game its getting alot of hate from people who must have person problem in their lives it seems but anyway its a solid game not the next mmo that is leaps and bounds beyond we got got so far but refines what is good in current mmos and is refreshing to play deffo worth trying at least before drawing a opinion on it

Without a doubt, Aion is an incredibly polished experience that refines the best aspects of the genre and creates a spectacular new world. As a fan and critic of the genre, I wholeheartedly recommend Aion to both casual and experienced gamers.
  2. A streamlined, structured, gorgeous grind, an addictive and even rewarding grind if you're that way inclined, but a grind nonetheless. An ultimately grim and unvarying pursuit.
  3. Aion has definitely more potential than other most recently released MMOs. Its already quite a polished game, but lacks still some content especially for the high level range.