6.9

1. JeremyS.
    Jul 5, 2009
    This game is the only I've seen with an engine that can give you a realistic, top-down, real time simulation of battalion and regimental maneuvers. What the close combat series did for squad and platoon tactics this does for strategy. If you're more interested in flash and bang, fine, go play call of duty. But I find this series to be the most immersive and realistic wargame available.
  2. TipsiWipsy
    May 29, 2007
    This game is one that truly deserves critical acclaim by all those who are interested in the WW2 Genre. If you like the Combat Mission series, have the patience to enjoy tactics over spunky graphics, then you will surely enjoy this game.

1. Make the effort, see past the spartan maps, the sparse sound, and teh square counters, and you're rewarded with one of the most believable battle simulations ever created. [Sept 2006, p.100]
  2. Strategy gaming doesn't get much more hardcore than this. But if you, as I, have ever harboured ambitions of serving of quartermaster to a major military formation, this is for you. [Oct 2006, p.70]
  3. Enemies retreated when necessary, attacked when prudent, and anticipated what I thought were brilliant feints, like my fake out at the Khrisophy airport. That kind of cunning AI makes Conquest of the Aegean a great ode to board-style war gaming. [Nov. 2006, p.78]