Airline Tycoon 2 PC

• Publisher: Kalypso
  • Release Date: Oct 11, 2011
5.5

1. Nov 25, 2012
    i love this game i play the normal airline tycon before 13 years and i am suprise this game was very nice and the new one airline tycoon 2 was better as every game what i saw in this section
  2. Nov 25, 2012
    Airline Tycoon 2 is a nice Game for ones, who love to managing things like that.
    You can be creative in things like "How your aircraft look like" and which Peoples you want to use your airlin e. It´s all about the price of a flight, if it is a long or a short flight, or if your aircraft is clean and nice or "Dirty" and boring My opinion is that this game is way to bad rated. This game deserves a better rating, and if the ones who play ego-shooter rate like that, because they are bored of these games, than they shouldnt rate games like that down, just because they like CoD more.
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bonjour, je suis Français et Airline tycoon 2 m'a l'air par les vidéos et renseignements que j'ai plus voir et avoir, un bon jeu et très bien pensé seulement je trouve une chose vraiment décevante voir discriminatoire c'est qu'il est en version Anglaise et Allemande et non Française voir autre, et nous, nous comptons pour du beurre Devoir s'amuser traduire un jeu qui n'est pas de notre langue, je trouve ça absurde et vachement chiant Le prochain tycoon j'espère au moins qu'il penseront nous les créateurs. Nos jeux Français sont toujours conçu avec le choix anglais et les jeux anglais pas souvent, c'est scandaleux, on pourrait presque croire que vous les anglais, vous vous moqué totalement de nous vos voisins du monde. Expand
  4. Aug 19, 2015
    I made an account here just to write this review, because I don't want people to miss out on this game just because a lot of people don't like it.

It's not the best game in the world, really, it's not. And there are many things that could be improved. But it does do some things well, and for being basically the *only* decent game in the airline/airport tycoon genre, I think it deserves a try.

For starters, the entire game is cartoonish and simplistic, with fantastic voice acting and a fair amount of comedy. It can get repetitive (the same people saying the exact same thing the eighteenth time you visit) but it's not bad. Now, I generally don't like cartoonish games, but this one doesn't take away from the strategy and building aspects of the game.

Unlike most Tycoon games, where you play as though you were God looking down from above, this one actually gives you a character, and to get things done you have to go to different offices. You can also explore your airport (every airport is basically identical, but still). This is a nice change of pace, because it requires you to plan your actions ahead. It can also be incredibly tedious. HOWEVER, this is something most people don't know I think: If you go to the tourist shop and click on the clerk, there're random things you can buy. Buy the airport guide. Then, using a button at the bottom left of the screen, you'll be able to click and display a complete menu of all the places in the airport so you can fast-travel. Without this, the game is so tedious its unplayable. So be sure to do that.

Moving on, the simulation is pretty strong. You have to plan routes, take contracts, and make sure you have planes that can handle those contracts. You build flight plans, schedule maintenance, purchase ad campaigns, and sabotage opponents. This is the part I was looking for, a decent tycoon aspect. And this game does it very well. It's difficult to master, but once you get the hang of it, and you know what you're doing, it can be very addicting and fun.

I wouldn't pay more than about $10 for this game, thanks to clunky controls and limited customization (you can only paint planes six or so different colors, you can't customize anything in your airport, and you can't even change your airline name). But the strategy and gameplay makes up for it. Overall, if you like the strategy building of tycoon games and you really like airports, buy this game. If you're into SimCity-like customization, put this one back.

1. PC Gamer UK
    Dec 4, 2011
    Simply getting things done is a grating process. [Christmas 2011, p.107]
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Airline Tycoon is like any good simulation – easy to pick up, devilishly difficult to master.
  3. Oct 14, 2011
    This one really is old-fashioned in all areas. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the controls are and keep the game from being a business simulation that we could recommend.