Akaneiro: Demon Hunters PC

6.5

1. Jun 23, 2013
    Seems to have it's fair share of problems, but I feel like everyone is forgetting that this isn't retail... it's not even beta. This is basically a "work in progress" (early access on steam) version of the game.

I'm surprised this is even allowing scores this early. It's like looking at a pile of steel and claiming to know how the finished building is going to look and how ugly it will be.

Rating a 7 to keep the score even. I'll give it a true score when the game is "officially" released.
  2. Jun 15, 2013
    I appreciate that this is a free to play game in development, and I understand that perhaps it may improve as time goes on, but at the heart of it this is a game that's a step back from Diablo 2 in gameplay. It's very basic and boring, but some may appreciate that it has no price tag. Worth checking out to people who value cheaper games and would sacrifice a bit of quality for saving theirI appreciate that this is a free to play game in development, and I understand that perhaps it may improve as time goes on, but at the heart of it this is a game that's a step back from Diablo 2 in gameplay. It's very basic and boring, but some may appreciate that it has no price tag. Worth checking out to people who value cheaper games and would sacrifice a bit of quality for saving their bank account. Expand

1. Jul 30, 2013
    Poor: This is the first adjective that springs to mind in defining Akaneiro.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    With a cryptic business model, one would prefer the web-based F2P version of Akaneiro, if only it wasn't so dull and forcibly repetitive.
  3. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A hack’n’slash that quickly turns into a grindfest on the same maps over and over again. Unless you’re willing to pay through microtransactions to save yourself a lot of time and effort. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.59]