8.0

1. Feb 17, 2012
    I have only one question: why console exclusives are so much better than multiplatform games? The best videogame story i've ever seen in my life. Moreover, 2 years after release, but the game still looks simply awesome. Thank you, Remedy, for porting this masterpiece to PC. Great story, great graphics, atmosphere, sound, gameplay. I'm very impressed.
  2. Feb 16, 2012
    Console port well done.

Suspenseful, unique, well thought game with an interesting story and satisfying combat that makes you come back session after session, or more like episode after episode. Since the gameplay hasn't changed from the original Xbox 360 version I'll just give my opinion of the port quality.

The porting from Xbox 360 to PC has gone pretty much perfectly and you do get
    the 2 DLC's and spiced up graphics among other PC only stuff. It runs butter smooth on my 1½ year old $800 PC and mouse and keyboard controlling has been well implemented - actually forgot even to try it with my gamepad as I felt right at home with the mouse controlling the aiming and quickly switching between weaponry on my keyboard. The thumb buttons of my gaming mouse couldn't be keybound but I think it will be patched in no time. No biggie for me since there isn't that many keybindings needed anyways.

Only obvious giveaway that it is in fact a console port are the lower quality cut-scenes which I suppose are the very same from the Xbox 360 version - a bit weird having a much better looking actual gameplay than the cut-scenes.

So if I wouldn't know any better and apart from the cut-scenes I couldn't tell that it's a console port nor that it's a 2 year old game for that matter - very well job done indeed.

As for the game in general - if you like story-driven games and have the mindset for a rather scary survival-action gameplay than this is definitely the game for you. AAA-class game and the price for the new PC version really is a bargain.

9/10 in comparison to other this gen. games. Apart from the cut-scenes and some few very minor flaws like the awkward car handling in the non-essential driving parts - my high expectations were fulfilled.
  3. Feb 17, 2012
    This game I waited for a long time. I was very angry, when PC version was stopped. At last, now, when this game come on PC, I playing this game with pleasure.
  4. Feb 17, 2012
    Brilliant. Can max it out at 1080p on my q9450, 4gb ddr2, 560ti. Played this originally on the 360 and the transformation to bring this out on PC has made a lot of noticeable improvements to the graphics and definitely received quite a bit of attention in getting the controls and settings working nicely. If you need a bit of Twin Peaks meets Steven King and can enjoy a third person action-thriller game then this is for you. The story and the action are what this game worth playing, there just simply is not much like it on the market to compare to. Then the price of $30 for the CE and all DLCs and soundtrack is just a massive bonus that seals the deal as one of the best PC releases of recent "port" history. Expand
  5. Feb 19, 2012
    This game is long-overdue, and was worth the wait, Alan Wake is intense, and always has you on the edge of your seat, it makes you feel sorry for Alan and keeps you wondering how the story will evolve and progress, feels like Silent Hill and Resident Evil had a beautiful baby. It also has humor and some references to the real world that will make you smile, or remember a line or a scene from a movie or tv show.

If you can get this game, you will NOT be disappointed!
  6. Mar 5, 2012
    I love games like civilization V,and shogun, I hate thrillers, I hate Horror, This is my only exception. I gave it a 10 because of what it has, it has a good story, the background, and setting is amazing, on Steam, they have collector edition bundle for $35 dollars, I love it, I go to bed with a flashlight beside me (so to speak). I have entered a unending night, I love Alan wake, as soon as american nightmare comes on PC, I almost want a Xbox so I can play American Nightmare sooner... I would say that this is the 2nd best game I played, and a major time sink, but then again, if i am sinking, might as go down with the ship! I will encourage (and yell at you) to buy this game, it is not horror, it is not a thriller, it is the best game I have played that is a shooter. I also love, how it pays respect to the whole horror genre, I don't like horror as I said but man! I may reconsider just to enjoy this game more! If i were you I would be at the checkout already. I would of paid double, or more for this game, I can say that with a Bible on my hand, under oath. Best game you can buy...If you like Uncharted, or third-person shooters this is a must! Also, I am planning on buying all the books, all of the guides, everything, just to help support this game, I may even buy the clock! I would be a lot more of a critic on this game if I had not played it, NOTE: I am buying a Razer Xbox controller so I can have the best PC experience I can! A couple people will whine about how "this thing is wrong, this tree has bad textures" i took a chance on this game, and I will NEVER regret it! Love this game, and I can't say that about a lot, or maybe a few... Expand
  7. Feb 17, 2012
    I absolutely love this game. It is an ode to a type of pulp horror that isnâ
  8. Feb 17, 2012
    This is a really BAD GAME!!! BAD, because how the hell can I explain my boss that I can't stay on my work after the night comes???
    Remedy - YOU ROCK! Nice game! Way to go! =)
  9. Feb 19, 2012
    This game is amazing, the performance is perfect for me. The storyline is really cool and very surprising. It's quite simple the gameplay but a challenge in a way. You have to brighten your flashlight at the enemy until a circle goes tiny and then you can shoot them down easily to their death. This is something different and a good thing. I wanted to see if it was a fail port from Xbox 360, so I pirated it and it is a perfect port. However I somehow lost my save when the game crashes and when I closed it. Which is why I'm going to buy it so I can finish the game off. Even though I spent an entire day on it. So is this game worth buying? Yes. If you want an entertaining storyline with voice acting and writing and environment chaos and something different then buy this game. It's worth it. (I don't want to say too much since it'll spoil it.) Expand
  10. Feb 18, 2012
    Performance shouldn't have an impact on the game play score. The game itself is wonderfully ported. Wonderful story, as to be expected. Anything else........ Pretty much it's an all around quality game that is ominous and at times scary.
  11. Feb 17, 2012
    Awesome game. Very good graphics, runs very well also with older CPU, (I run full graphics 50 FPS in 1920x1080 with i7 920 2.66 GHz, Asus GTX 580 DirectCU II, 6 Gb RAM 1666 MHz)
    Atmosphere is something out of this world.
  12. Feb 18, 2012
    No PC performance issues for me, I have a cheap ass PC, 2GB of ram and a graphic card that cost me £60 and most new games I can get medium-high so no idea what others are doing wrong because looks great for a console port on my PC, easily better than the 360 version.

No issues with controls, try harder guys! Even then you can plug in a controller but keyboard and mouse owrks
    fine for me. No crosshairs? What are you 6? Do you need Mummy to hold your hand when you cross the road? Really if you find it hard to aim in this game without crosshairs then try playing an easy game like CoD.

Game is excellent, even the cutscenes (which I usually want to skip in games) are good. Shame it took so long to come to the PC but then Microsoft was funding the game. Remedy have done a great job at porting this.
  13. Mar 6, 2012
    Great game and pretty good port, runs great on my laptop with maxed settings @720. The game starts off a little slow but it really starts to pick up a few hours in. I thought Alan Wake was going to be a horror game but I was wrong, it's more of an action game and it's not very scary. The story is very good and the action and scripted sequences are excellent. I'm really glad this came to the PC and $30. Over 15 hours of intense play is well worth it and I'm sure I will play it again in the future. A must buy for any action fan! Expand
  14. Feb 22, 2012
    The story in alan wake is simply awesome, and the atmosphere is the best bar none i have played, its a VERY tense game.I have a slightly above average Pc, and i can play with this maxed out at 50+fps, so ignore the guy who clearly has a below spec PC. Game is fun, graphics MUCH improved over the 360 version, the controls are tight, and a little easier than the 360 version, although they have made the difficulty levels harder for this release. Game comes with all the DLC already installed, so a lot of value with this one. Expand
  15. Feb 18, 2012
    Even though you have to get used to the controls and the performance is pretty bad, it's one of the best games I've ever played. Most certainly in the top of the horror genre. I was waiting for this game for six years since I saw the first E3 trailer and finally, it's here and I love it! It provides an amazing story, great, thrilling combat system and absolutely stunning visual graphic style. The story is based on a main character writing stories about himself and then living it, battling the creatures of the darkness. As you progress, you get your actions narrated by Alan himself, reading the pages he wrote, which creates an amazing, eerie atmosphere. This game is brilliant. Expand
  16. Feb 22, 2012
    Well, it's one of the best Action-Thriller-Adventures of the X360 NOW and FINALLY on PC, but not a simple port, rather than a great improved version from a graphical perspective as well as additional content (both DLC episodes "The Signal" + "The Writer" included) and PC exclusive features (3D mode and multi screen support). Very well done, Remedy!
  17. Mar 7, 2012
    Being a massive fan of supernatural drama, I was immediately drawn to Alan Wake and bought the Limited Collector's Edition at launch.

The game involves a writer trying to understand why a book he can't remember writing is coming to life. The action comes thick and fast, and the narration by the lead character makes you feel more attune to the world constructed by Remedy. As you go through
    the storyline, you meet a whole host of characters, ranging from mad to simply disagreeable, but all of them have a place to be and a purpose to serve. The story is well put together, with collectables strewn all over the town for those who want to look a little deeper.

If you want a game that hails from the greatest horror authors and makes the concepts work, buy Alan Wake. As a side note, it's one of the few games on 360 that has never received a patch. :)
  18. Feb 21, 2012
    Amazing game. It's so rare that you actually get your moneys worth out of many single player games these days. You buy it, get it home, beat it in a few hours and you're done. This is not the case with Alan Wake, you will get several hours of gameplay for your money. The story is simply fantastic, and original, as is the gameplay itself. Your not going to just run and gun through it and survive. It's TV mini-series style presentation is also very well done. You really do feel like you are playing a supernatural TV series. The overall effect is an addictive game that you enjoy playing, that keeps you guessing as to what's going on and what's going to happen next. If you like suspenseful horror or supernatural entertainment , then you are going to like Alan Wake. Yes, this game is a console port, however the PC version is far better looking than its console counterpart. Seeing them side by side really drives this point home. If you are going to port a game to PC from an inferior console, this is how you do it. Higher resolutions, higher fidelity, and DX10 features that no console can touch. Kudos to the developer for a proper port. The game played fantastic on my gaming system. AMD 1090T at 4.1GHz, XFX DD Radeon 7950 BE, 16GB DDR3 1600. Running a live broadcast via X-Fire through the entire game. No problems from the game at all. Very happy with my purchase and the gaming experience. So not only do I highly recommend Alan Wake, I suggest you play it at night, in the dark, with the volume turned up and in its full HD+ splendor. This way you can properly enjoy the dark side of Bright Falls. Expand
  19. Feb 20, 2012
    I was annoyed when they canceled the game on PC. It was more than a long wait. However, i never lost faith that this game could come to PC someday. Was it worth all the waiting? HELL YEAH. This is one ''no longer 360 exclusive'' game that YOU MUST PLAY. Not only because this is a gem, also because the game is an excellent conversion and a much better looking version than the one in the 360, its visually stunning. It includes a lot of visual settings to adjust the game according to your hardware, not to mention that unlike some other games, you can adjust FOV in Alan Wake.
    And yes, i repeat this is a perfect conversion, not a ''port'' because i think that word is an insult to this game

This game brought good memories of games such as Max Payne, SH, Heavy Rain and RE4 in terms of atmosphere, which is one of the things that Remedy managed to achieve perfectly.

What i liked: +Storyline and characters
    +The Atmosphere and the beautiful landscapes
    +The graphics
    +Gameplay
    +Soundtracks

What i didn't like:
    Nothing really, i pretty much enjoyed every moment in this game, i loved how you are constantly under a lot pressure. It makes it very challenging.

On a side note, i highly recommend buying this, but most importantly, the Collector's Bundle which includes the soundtrack, dev commentary, and a PDF book which contains 130 pages. This is my first contender for GOTY 2012.
    (MUST BUY) - This game has the Chapa9DJ seal of approval, so go now and buy it. Support the devs for bringing this masterpiece to PC.

My Rating: 11/10 ... and i'm not exaggerating. Get it now or the darkness will get you.
  20. Feb 18, 2012
    An excellent port. It is fast and stable at all times, load times are nearly nonexistent, plays at a steady 60 FPS (vsync) with all settings maxed on my Radeon HD 6970. It even minimizes without lagging/crashing, which is more than can be said for a lot of games made exclusively for the PC.

The game itself is fantastic. The story is gripping and the action is well-designed. Controls are
    tight and responsive. It relies heavily on atmosphere and really delivers in that respect. If you haven't played the XBOX version, this is one of the best $30 purchases you'll ever make. Expand
  21. Feb 19, 2012
    I waited this game so long... And now I can say this is one of the best game I've ever played. Super graphic, very, very nice story and so on. I like this game so much! 10/10
    I am big fan of this game!!!
  22. Feb 27, 2012
    Okay, okay... The performance in this game is a bit problematic for some people (I'm running ok in an old HD4850 512mb. Indeed: It could be more optimized). But what I'm reading in most comments is "my top end rig doesn't run this game @60fps all the time". C'mon!! Did you guys tried to play and understand the history? And one more thing: This IS NOT a FPS and Alan Wake is not a soldier. The gameplay is very good, the history and environment deserves a 10.
    Because the lacks of optimization in the engine I'd give an 9, but there are many people giving 0 because they were expecting an godlike Alan Wake with fps like controls or are just pissed because their new PC don't run 60 fps all the time (OMG, it goes down to 45fps... seriously?)... Because of them, I'm giving 10.
  23. Mar 4, 2012
    Among the best games for pc as a single player experience so far this year. Although it could be tweaked a little more, specially the run/evade key being the same, there's not much more you can ask for a game like this.
    a solid 9. Enjoy this jewel!
  24. Apr 30, 2012
    Awesome game. I haven't played a quality game like this in a LONG time.
    Story, graphics, music, game-play, everything is perfectly fused together to make this masterpiece.
  25. Sep 5, 2012
    I am writing solely to offset the clueless reviewers who give this game a 0-4 score and address/disprove their major complaints. a) poor performance on "top end" hardware - I'm playing it at 50 fps maxed out on an i3, gtx550ti, that's very far from top end. b) poor controls/camera angle - that is simply not true. Controls are completely lag-free and the camera angle takes about 5 minutes to get used to, unless you have some sort of handicap c) linear, no levelups - do I even need to say why this is not a problem in this genre?

It saddens me deeply to see a considerable number of people who completely missed the point of the game, then came here to complain about issues that simply don't exist.

Alan Wake is the best purchase I've made in a very long time, so much so that I'm actually playing it with my wife who finds both the gameplay and the cutscenes engaging enough to watch and she does not play videogames.
  26. Feb 21, 2012
    Incredible experience. Probably one of the best game i ever played and i putting this next to the legends like Half Life or Unreal 1. Great gameplay, ant that STORY!!! maybe linear, but you have to understands that this game is story telling game, not RPG or something. Nice and detailed half-open world, not just silly corridor game. When you combine gameplay, length and price you probably need more than 10/10 rank. Great work Remedy. Expand
  27. May 3, 2012
    Without a doubt the games main strength is its storyline, throughout the whole experience it never failed to have me in suspense thinking of what might happen next, sure the combat is a bit samey, but aren't all horror games? The graphics and sound quality are superb, can't fault them in anyway, looks stunning on my machine, got it day one and I don't regret this at all
  28. Dec 22, 2012
    Alan Wake is proof positive of the point that a story, properly told transcends all media and genres. A game that could be EASILY adapted for film or TV, Alan Wake is a game that is, in actuality, an interactive novel, and one that is just BEGGING for Star Trek's holodeck. Even in the intro sequence I found myself enjoying the game on a level that I have not enjoyed any other game before. Does that mean it's my favourite game? No. But even still it is a wonderful experience nonetheless. Even the fairly standard horror pacing and formula can't detract from this game, and so intricately tied to and interwoven with its plot the game really manages to tell a story while you battle shadow monsters with a Christmas light wearing sidekick (I am NOT making this up). While I am not a fan of the horror genre, and have never really read any Stephen King (to whom the tilts it's hat many times), the game was nevertheless thoroughly enjoyable. The only down-side to this interactive novel is that like a novel it is not immediately replayable. When you get to the last chapter, you don't feel any pressing need to start over again from the beginning, because what you have really enjoyed is not the thrill of the chase, being hunted by an insidious Lovecraftian shadow-demon, but the content of that story. But I think that is one negative we can all bear if games of this ilk were to become more common in the future. And really that actually makes the gameplay longer lasting easier to savour. Please Remedy, and ALL developers, give us more interactive novels, and less psychotically emotionless space marines killing freaking zombie demons from outer space. Expand
  29. Mar 25, 2012
    One of the best game i ever played. I loved every moment in this game. The story, the graphic are so good. Game of the Year 2012.
  30. Mar 17, 2012
    Finally some fresh air in gaming industry producing very atmospheric and intrigating adventure. Gameplay itself is a little bit repetitive killing same type of enemies over and over again but this is not type of game where some pure skills are required. It's just to keep you ''awake'' letting you know that danger is around there stalking your next move. Storyline tho is quiet amazing, deffinitely better than 90% of movies i've watched actually. Well, i need to add that Alan's pal Barry is one of the best characters ingame i've seen in a long time. When you heard him for first time you can get an idea that he's some egoistic manager who's keep calling Alan just because of moneymaking policy but as story goes on he's becoming a real friend who will die for you. His voice acting and the way he act overall reminds me somehow on Joe Pesci. : ) Overall it's a very very good product which doesnt require some crazy skill and storyline with it's atmosphere will get you after first 20 seconds. Expand
  31. Apr 28, 2012
    Alan Wake was such a pleasure to play through. One of the strongest points of the game is the immersing story, and the way it unfolds. It kept me guessing, and begging for more. The scenery of the game was breathtaking, and while there were quite a lot of "forest" areas, every single one of them was paired up with an astounding view of a valley, or beautiful mountains in the distance.

Combat in Alan Wake was nice and refreshing. It was a nice touch that you simply can't shoot your enemies, but have to decide how to take on a pack. While the selections of weapons in the game was modest, you could use them to great effect. I fell in love with the way dodging works in this game, and it made defensive evasion - something that people often overlook in favor of brute force - a pleasant skill to practice.

This game was long, and it was good. It is definitely one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in a long time.
  32. Feb 22, 2012
    A beautiful arrangement heavily inspired by Twin Peaks, Stephen King, The Twilight Zone and numerous other definitive classics from the horror and suspense genre. Truly mind-bending and enjoyable.

No performance issues. Running on a Radeon 6850 1GB GDDR5 and it runs maxed without a hiccup.

The only minor complaint I have with the game are the facial animations. Occasionally the faces and
    mouths in cut scenes are odd. Alan's mouth sometimes opens too big and looks weird when he is surprised and once in a great while there is some weird body language, but none of this is egregious or frequent enough to detract significantly from the story, and is more than likely a symptom of the fact that it was originally made for a console.

The voice acting and the soundtrack are always spot-on. An extremely memorable and enjoyable story and experience all around. Worth it even if you only play through it once.
  33. Mar 2, 2012
    hahaa, all the noobs who say the camera angle sucks. It is part of the design of the game, my god, how much hand holding do you need? like seriously? get over yourselves. OH, and for those who complain about the game not running smooth, i have no idea what you are talking about. I run at 60 fps fully maxed no glitches, no issues. One of the best ports ive ever had the pleasure to play and one of the best games i had the pleasure of playing. People complaining are all noobs who dont know how to configure their pc's to play it. And for those who complain about the design choices, go play COD with your awesome FOV and awesome gunplay where a knife is more powerful than a gun. Please. ALAN WAKE FTW! thank you remedy for this amazing game! hopefully youll stay pc now and show these console people how to make real games. Expand
  34. Mar 2, 2012
    FINALLY ON PC, its about damn time.

This is in my top 10 games of all time easily, the play on not just having to survive madmen but the force of pure darkness is something that has stirred the minds of people all over who have played this game, including myself.

The darker nature of this game, delving into nightmares, the atmosphere, the intensity, all of the side stories which tie into
    the theme of madness and the book pages to collect make the games replay value quite high even though not a true â Expand
  35. Mar 9, 2012
    this game is simply outstanding i have a top end rig and the game runs perfect for me so i don't know what some users here are saying it runs great the story is very good in this game its like reading a great novel and the game play mechanics are very well done.Also remedy knows how to treat the pc players they on on the forums answering questions with in minutes and patching the game with pc players feed back and what they would like in the game i hope remedy carry on making more alan wake games for the pc Expand
  36. Apr 13, 2012
    Great game and very good story and different gameplay mechanics, visually impressive on the highest settings... Remedy has still got it! But I must say, they will need to improve the formula if they want to make a sequel... At the end, I just wanted to know the end of the story, the gameplay became a bit predictable, but it was only at the end of this masterpiece that I had this feeling...
  37. Feb 19, 2012
    The story is engaging at first, then it sucks you in. Game-play is like Max Payne, but with a flashlight, with dire consequences This is a mix I hope many developers follow. I didn't expect anything less from remedy. You guys keep pushing the develop in deep storytelling and content. We love you.
  38. JvJ
    Apr 16, 2012
    This masterpiece is brillant. It's not just a game, it's more much than this. Just let it recount its story and you will not be disapointed. Give it a try, it worth it !
  39. Mar 21, 2012
    This is a great game!
    There is a gimmick to it, but it is not bad at all. Feels a lot like the old Max Payne games because it is the same studio, but totally different atmosphere than Max Payne. This game makes extensive use of light and shadow and it will definitely frighten you.

Once you get the hang of the gameplay then it should be fairly easy to get through all but the toughest
    areas. The scenery is a joy to behold and is some of the best I've seen in awhile. If there is one thing that remedy does well then it is developing the atmosphere to make you feel like you are really in the game, Alan Wake is no different, great atmosphere, great story, and I really felt myself wanting to play more to evolve the story.

I would have liked to see a bit more variety in the "bad guys", but that goes the same for nearly every game. The way that the story presents the characters makes the whole thing very believable. Basically, it feels like you are playing a Stephen King novel, and that is a pretty high compliment. There is no sex or depravity like in King novels, but plenty of frightening scenes and lots of malevolent creatures.

Being your flashlight!
  40. Feb 23, 2012
    Pleasantly suprised with this game. I'm a big chicken when it comes to the survival/horror genre (I literally couldn't finish amnesia b/c I thought I was going to have a panic attack), and this game scared me quite a few times. The best part of this game is the "breaks" in scariness where you go around during the daytime advancing the story. This allowed me time for my nerves to calm down and I was able to continue the story. Too many games forget to do this and I greatly appreciated it. The story is very interesting imo, and I played for a solid three days to finish the game. The combat isn't anything special, but it's still fun and challenging at times. Honestly the only problem I have with the game is the spoilers built into the manuscript system. You find pages of the story you are writing throughout the game. The catch is that sometimes you find pages that haven't happened in the game yet... So when you read them it gives away a scene of the game that you will be seeing some point in the future of the episode you are in. It's kind of hard to explain, but if you don't like spoilers then don't read the manuscript pages until after you are finished with the episode that you found them in. (If you're in episode 2 it's safe to read the pages from episode 1, etc.) The game is a must buy if you like suspenseful/horror titles. Expand
  41. Feb 24, 2012
    Amazing game!! The world needs more games like this!! Totally worth the money!! I am really glad this game was made for PC. I have to thanks Remedy out of my heart for such a awsome game.
  42. Aug 7, 2012
    10/10. This game, is a good console port!!! Good graphics for a console port :)!
    And its really cool story driven Thriller game, and its UNIQUE! I love it, full points to this game.

You should get this if you are intrested in a psychic triller action shooter which is fun, and also scary!
  43. Mar 24, 2012
    Alan Wake surprised me and went way beyond my expectations. What really made the game stand out and kept me playing was the engaging story and fun characters. Not to belittle the gameplay, which is more than sufficient, but this is a game where you continue to play to find out what happens next. My only real complaints are that the camera sticks a little too close to your character and difficulty is inconsistent at times. Expand
  44. May 31, 2012
    Alan Wake is one of the best games I have ever played. The storytelling is epic, The atmosphere takes one to the depths of Cauldron lake and the graphics are great. I hear people complaining about the fps being around 60, but that should be more than enough for anyone. Game is a bit too straight forward but the all the pros make up for those little cons. I wish that this game came to stores for PC earlier and there wouldn't have been X360 version. Crosshair being just the flashlight is one of the nicest details of the game. This game is not a FPS so there is no need for focused/zoom mode for shooting and I don't know what people are thinking about when they are wishing something like that for this masterpiece. If you want to play some FPS game with much shooting go buy your piece of Battlefield or COD this game is thriller a bit like Resident Evil Expand
  45. Sep 10, 2012
    This game gave probably one of the best stories to date. Something between 80's horror flick, Twin Peaks and Lost. Gameplay is also innovative. Only problem is lack of some kind of ingame map. Game is that good that no need parts to wonder around not knowing where to go. That's bad but not crucial as there is not too much situations where you can stuck.
  46. Feb 13, 2013
    Even Stephen King would not be ashamed with that quality of plot. Characters like from Twin Peaks deep and not obvious, perfect atmosphere and surroundings. My vote 10!
  47. Aug 14, 2012
    Exceptionally good story.Gameplay is fantastic.The soundtrack is also one of the best out there.Graphics are very good and its performance is good too.
  48. Feb 25, 2012
    Really great game, a solid masterpiece. I think it's one of my all time favourites ever (and I'm middle-aged gamer). Also I'm once again happy that I play games only on PC. Thank's Remedy!
  49. Mar 4, 2012
    Awesome game! Good PC version, no problems! great sory, gameplay and graphics but the ending was weak and the game could get repetitive. Overall worth buying 85/100
  50. Apr 4, 2012
    great, the game makes you think even if Alan is this crazy or what happens is real, no doubt the game is worth, has a great thriller and even being linear, there's that sense of limitation in the game. fantastic. Downside? perhaps the lack of diversity of enemies that is, we have only one type of enemy, which turns out to be nothing more nauseating way it spoils the game.
  51. Apr 6, 2012
    Remedy did an excellent job to make a very good quality PC-ver of their IP. I played in x-box ver. 2 years ago and now i was very impressed. Brilliant story, amazing town with details, forest and nature. Like the Taken's "pitch" voices and phrases :) It so unique, just love the game.
  52. May 1, 2012
    This game sucked me in for three days... and I don't regret even one second spend in this masterpiece. It was like reading one of early King's works. Unique story, combat mechanics are enjoyable to (till) the end. Overall - 10 out of 10. There were some flaws, but that wasn't enough to spoil the fun.
  53. May 21, 2012
    This is called a piece of art!
    Alan Wake is not yet_another_usual_game you'll play. It has all - a great psychological thriller story, wonderful dark atmosphere, great soundtrack and gameplay. You'll have a feeling that you're actually PLAYING the great episode of Twin Peaks. Focus is on storytelling, you'll not see a bunch of different enemies and wide arsenal of guns to play with. Action
    is straightforward, always shoot x many times to kill the enemy. Some people complains about this, but... it just fits this great game in every way - it's story driven game, not some action shooter. I'll start to spoil if i continue to write more about this game.
    Don't buy it if you don't plan to absorb every little thing it has to offer.
    The big 10 from me.
  54. May 26, 2012
    If this game Doesn't get 10 points from me, not sure what would. Easily one of the best games I've played past 10 years. Story that gets you hooked from the beginning, One of the Best sound tracks in gaming ever.
    Looks and sounds nice, characters really well done. world is filled with so much detail.
  55. Jul 19, 2012
    I wanted to buy this game on xbox before it was even released. Now I get it on Steam during summer sale, I'm playing it with keyboard and mouse.
    Due to the massive drama scripts, fictions and movies I've read and watched, I can guess the ending of the story a bit in episode one, but the gameplay still chill my spine. There were moments that I can feel that all body hair are erected.
    The
    scary moment is completely different from the other survival zombie games. Although the path is quite linear I find no reason for it to be a maze.
    I like the idea that there is no aim without the flashlight. That makes the feeling closer to reality. After all, you won't feel scary if you aren't "inside" the game.
    Sadly, my laptop does not meet the requirement for the highest graphic setting, or it will be perfect.
  56. Sep 24, 2012
    I just loved this game, really good story line (reminded me of Steven King), interesting and original gameplay (fight with light), and nice graphics. Everything a gamer desires.
  57. Jan 2, 2013
    I just love this game. I think that that it's the best game ever made cause it's not just some normal horror game. The story telling is something new and the cinematic look it has is just so amazingly done! I just can't wait the next one!
  58. Feb 15, 2013
    There was a time when I had been waiting for Heavy Rain not even having a PS3. Yeah, it was difficult to read all positives reviews not having a possibility to play on my own. But at that very moment another terrific game came out, which story helped me to forget about other stories in games for a while. Being a fan of Stephen King and liking Twin Peaks it is easy to fall in love in the story of Alan Wake. Not only you get fun of reading another page of manuscript, listening to another radio show or watching episode on TV, but also you are taken by gameplay that is one of the most comfortable on XBOX360. That is one of the games that makes you think that you will replay it again long before the ending.
    I managed to complete all the achievements and played through the games three times. Thumbs up, Remedy! Unforgettable moment house container, where Alan is, is rolled by and thrown from the cliff.
  59. Mar 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really enjoyed the story of the game and to fight with light was fun, even if the story was a little strange twisted sometimes. I liked the machines going after you and to hunt them down. Altogether there were some nice ideas in it. The graphics are pretty nice, only the controls were annoying sometimes. Expand
  60. Jul 19, 2012
    I bought Alan Wake not knowing what I was getting (Steam sale) Wow! What a game. The combat, world, music, atmosphere are all top notch. If you would like GTA4 with a more linear experience as a horror movie, with the most well done atmosphere .. ever .. than you will love this game.
  61. Aug 18, 2012
    I know I'm a bit late on this, but I so wish I had heard of this game sooner. This is a hard game rate on a number scale for me. Although part of me wants to rate it a ten, the number of frustrating combat scenarios, the mercilessness of the game, the checkpoints loaded for stupid reasons, the unfriendly camera and control delay, the unacceptable lag spikes on my quad core computer even with the settings at medium, and the dreadful soprano-style ending that spoiled what would have been a masterpiece; I just can't bring myself to rate this game perfect. The thing is that Alan Wake is - in so many areas - ahead of its time. It's that rare game that's more than the sum of its parts. The different aspects of the game, be it incredible graphics or near-flawless story-line, or even the true-to-life characters and voice-acting; are not just delivered with quality but implemented with a purpose, and every artistic aspect of the game successfully adds to the depth of the games artistic message. The game's horror atmosphere is one of the best, not stereotypical and predictable like Dead Space and other action/horror knockoffs. But the horror exists for a reason, the game's comedic moments exist for a reason, and the game's characters move and act for a purpose, and this purpose that so mysteriously and powerfully drives the game is something that almost no games have yet to find, and the purpose behind Alan Wake that sets it apart from the rest of the gaming scene. Alan Wake will grip you and take you down not only a path or horror but a journey that comes with it's own ups and downs. It's not a short one either, I lost 14 hours of my life to it. If I were to just rate Alan Wake as if it were a simple game, who's sole purpose is amusement, I'd give it around a 7, which is probably why the professional critic reviews of this game are what they are; but Alan Wake is far more than that. Alan Wake is an experience that needs experiencing, a true work of art. That's not something that can be described on a scale of 0-10. Other than the ending which seemed to entirely abandon the purpose and artistic message that had driven the plot for so long, this game is simply brilliant, and at times awe-inspiring. Expand
  62. Apr 5, 2012
    This isn't only a great survival horror game, it's a great game period. While it has a few minor flaws they are easily overlooked because what it does right it does near perfect. The game looks outstanding and runs well on my old GTX260. Aside from how good it looks the audio is of very high quality too. The pacing of this game is great, it's always pushing you forward but letting you catch your breath at just the right time. While the scares aren't quite inline with the likes of Silent Hill 2 the story and the pacing of Alan Wake won't disappoint and provides enough chills and thrills to keep you hooked. The only gripe I have is that it took me awhile to get use to the controls as they weren't very intuitive (I use a Windows 360 controller) and combat I also found using the mouse and keyboard rather weak and laggy, if you have a controller use it. I also found easy mode a bit too easy and normal mode way to hard, I can't imagine what hard difficulty is like. All in all Alan Wake is a great game and an a great port to the PC and if you like survival horror or 3D action games than you won't go wrong with this. Expand
  63. Feb 26, 2012
    Have you ever felt like giving a character in a game a hug to reassure and comfort them? That is how I felt at one point early in the game.

Highly recommended if you like the story driven kind of game.
  64. May 17, 2012
    I heard so much good about Alan Wake, I decided to buy it. It has a decent, engaging story, that draws you in, however it's not very unique in my opinion. The reason for it, is that I read a lot of Stephen King and I'm generally into this twilight zone stuff, so I'm pretty familiar with the used elements which often feel like they have been recycled from different novels and tv shows. It's not really a problem since Alan Wake does the recycling well. The uniqueness comes from the method of how the story is being told. I'm sure that this king of thing was never done in a video game before. I like how they chose the dramatic moments of the game and how the makers keep you in the dark (no pun intended), for a relatively long time before you understand every event that happens and feels confusing at the start. The atmosphere is strong but it's not as heavy and terrifying as other survival horrors in recent memory. The fight system is very well done and also brings something new to TPS games. My only complaint is that you have to be fast therefore have to turn fast which resulted in heavy headaches in my case. That is why it took me a week to play through this otherwise not very long game. You don't have to make any choices through the story, the off battle part is basically an interactive movie. I don't think it's a negative thing, but it felt like my hand was held the whole time.
    Technically it's a very good port. The graphics are awesome and there weren't any framerate issues on my 3 year old system. I was forced to play it with mouse and keyboard because the game didn't recognize my generic gamepad. I would recommend this game to players who prefer well written and engaging stories.
  65. May 16, 2012
    Alan Wake is an amazing game that balances action, survival, a little bit of horror, and a captivating storyline. I found the targeting/aiming system to be a bit hit and miss, but the game allows flexible movement which makes the experience gentler. The survival aspect of it is well thought out, but not always well executed. I never did run out of flashlight batteries, and always had enough ammunition to not worry. The horror aspect of it would have been greatly increased should either of those resources been just slightly less. Regardless, this is a game everyone should check out and play. It will not be a waste of your time. Expand
  66. Feb 24, 2012
    My PC was told it couldn't handle this game (by the game itself), but it still could. Not maxed out, but at a very enjoyable level (perfectly ported to PC). Anyway, combat can get a bit repetitive, although the story is so great it will most probably keep you going. This game can really suck you in. It could be the awesome aftertaste I'm having right now, but I'd say this will be a classic on a par with The Endless Journey.

There is no BS with the storyline, the game play or anything else. This is an honest game, and good. It's about time we see some serious writing in video games. I hope they make a sequel or two.
  67. May 9, 2012
    Love this game. Originally owned it on the 360 and upon hearing it was releasing on PC immediately re bought so i could do another play through. Game has one of the best stories ive seen in a video game, has very smooth controls, great graphics, and is very thrilling to play. Give it a shot you wont be disappointed.
  68. Mar 24, 2012
    Remedy proves once again that it is one of the best teams of developers on the market. Great story routed in the convention show, believable characters, and finally a very good audio visual setting makes Alan Wake the unique gme. An additional plus for references to the work S.King and Twin Peaks.
  69. Mar 13, 2012
    This game may be a console port, but there are lots of things done right in this game! The story is amazing! It gets the player really involved and the atmosphere adds to spooky feeling which this game delivers very well! The combat is excellent! The slow motion effects don't make this game easy also there is limited ammo to carry based on how powerful they are which feels balanced. The graphics have only improved on the textures, but its effect is still really well presented. But, this game isn't perfect. Auto Aim is permanently on and you can't go straight on to Nightmare mode which means the game treats the player like a noob from the start. Also, you cannot max out the graphics settings which is not surprising because it is a console port. Overall, this game is a good example of the effort developers need to put into making a console port, but it is because it's a console port that limits the game on PC. This game is on Steam and I recommend getting this one purely on the experience and story. Expand
  70. Mar 18, 2012
    When i started playing i was sceptic, but i soon changed mt mind. From a technical point of view, Alan Wake is good but not excellent. But the story, the setting, and the main character are simply fantastic. The plot contains plenty twists, it is always intriguing and exciting and Alan's madness is almost touchable.
    Another point of strenght of this game is the enormous number of details
    and cure that the developers had.
    Everything is designed for an immersive game: The manuscript pages, Night Springs series, pictures and paintings, radio programme...
    Also music is a positive element, it's perfectly choosen, and i can't forget the "Old gods of asgard", whose songs was written by the Poets Of The Fall.
    Not a perfect game (the fighting mechanism is boring), but a Must-have for who likes thriller and horror games and want to try something different, more original and "Serious" than a flat survival horror such as Resident Evil or Silent Hill.
  71. Mar 24, 2012
    I truly enjoyed playing through Alan Wake. I'll break it down for you. The storyline was fantastic and fresh; well-written for a game of this type. The setting was beautiful! If not for all of the thrills, I would have loved to pitch a tent and camp in the mountains. The characters were well developed enough for you to care for them, and make the story-telling worthwhile, but not as developed as I would have liked. I enjoyed the episodic format and opportunities to enjoy the great soundtrack - with both new and old artists; I even bought a couple of tracks on iTunes afterward. The core gameplay concept is very unique, but at times difficult to master.

The weak points were predictable moments of attack from enemies, and repetitious attacks. Some suspense-building instead of constant suspense would have been nice. The control system was definitely designed for a joypad, so I recommend using a 360 controller or getting a 360 controller emulator for your existing joypad; play the game as it was designed to be played. Also, there are unreasonable difficulty spikes that made me feel I had to cheat the battle system to get through a segment instead of enjoying close-calls and bare success.

It's clear that Alan Wake was not micro managed by Microsoft and was developed free from a heavy hand. It feels very much like a game made by a small studio, so the weaknesses and strengths that go along with that show in the game. I recommend you give it a try!
  72. Mar 25, 2012
    Very good story, captures and captivates. It makes you want to move on. Personally one of the best "survival horror" I've played.
    + The graphics do not look but not far behind.
    + The music composition is very good.
    + The gameplay of this game is aimed at control but you can play well with keyboard-mouse.
    Recommended.

(translated by google)
  73. May 3, 2012
    What a beautiful masterpiece! A console port well done! The atmosphere of the game is absolutely brilliant and very believable! Just like Max Payne! It may be a bit repetitive but still a well made out PC game.
    -the-epikninja
  74. Apr 19, 2012
    ** This is my own opinion on the game, It should be noted that these reviews aren't exactly completely trustworthy because of this. Alan Wake has a surprisingly strong game which outshines how linear it is. Alan Wake's strong story line is formatted in a way that keeps you interested throughout the game. The game looks good on my system with crisp graphics and nice lightning(Others have noted problems for other computers but that may be a setup issue). The FOV feels a bit strained but it's not too bad. The use of the flashlight as a cross-hair adds a level of realism. The game-play is strong though later in the game combat starts to feel a bit repetitive in some parts. All together If you are a fan of Steven King, or just the horror/thriller genre in general you should pick up this game since its worth the time, effort and cash. Expand
  75. May 15, 2012
    Alan Wake probably has the most intense and well structured storyline I've ever encountered in a game. It's absolutely amazing and has a decent gameplay too. I fell in love with it and I'll recommend this game to every gamer.
  76. Sep 1, 2012
    I get motion sickness from a lot of FPS games, sadly, but eventually I get used to it and it doesn't bother me. Initially I wasn't fond of the camera view with Alan off to the right due to motion sickness. I played for about 5 minutes and had to stop. Now I can complete a whole "episode" and not get sick. The graphics are great and the whole flash light to weaken the darkness I really like. I enjoy the fact that it is like watching a mini-tv series and yet you get to play it at the same time. I haven't played a game that is like that, so it is a nice change of pace. Expand
  77. Oct 7, 2012
    Me encanta; la presentación, la música, la historia,etc. Es básicamente protagonizar un cuento de Stephen King. Al avanzar mucho en el juego me di cuenta que me interesaba más en la historia que en la acción propiamente tal, lo único que deseaba era terminar rápido y continuar sabiendo que pasaba con la historia.
    La historia genial!
    La
    jugabilidad se pude volver un tanto tediosa.
    La lucha en la granja de los anderson simplemente notable y épica.
    La música genial.
  78. Jan 31, 2013
    This game is awesome, it is story driven and linear which I really like, this is my first single player game that I bought with my own money, so it will always have sentimental value. The graphics are good, and I really like the unique stories, and the fact that you can dig deeper with the manuscripts. It has replay value for the collectibles, and I highly recommend it.
  79. Sep 18, 2013
    The best story telling in recent memory. Sometimes the controls suck but the ambiance, careful style progression and suspense punctuated by real fear your batteries will run out on your flashlight makes it amazing and totally worth it. I usually avoid console ports religiously but I'm glad I picked this gem up on sale.
  80. Aug 26, 2013
    The story is just amazing. The atmosphere is well-done, the gameplay is a little bit repetitive at times but it's still good. A good PC port too. Amazing game.
  81. Nov 8, 2013
    A great game not only from the narrative perspective but also from technical one...Just a perfect combination of a thriller with an amazing storyline and an exciting gameplay.One of the best single player games I've ever played.
  82. Jun 7, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great narrative, creepy setting, and Alan Wake is such a helpless, lovable nerd. It has a strong identity. It knows the kind of game that it wants to be and is and it sticks with it. The music selections and episodic nature of the game ads a lot to the experience as well. The ending will have you wondering and scratching your head, and the main theme of the game, performed by the band Poets of the Fall, will find its way on to every nerd's iPod. My one complaint is the wonky controls on the mouse/keys. Probably much better with a controller. Definitely experience this game though. Expand
  83. Mar 31, 2014
    It's Q2 2014, and there's almost nothing good out at the moment that I haven't played. So I looked through my steam library and noticed that I had Alan Wake that I purchased a long time ago from one of the Steam specials but never got around to playing it. I would just like to say that I am pleasantly surprised at how absorbed I became. I was honestly struggling to get hooked on any game until I started Alan Wake. I really wanted to find out how the story played out and that's what kept me going strong throughout. I absolutely loved the deliciously dark setting in the mountains and the unique torch-as-a-weapon/shield kit out. I can't say enough good things about this- a truly refreshing experience compared to all the stuff I've been playing lately! I highly recommend this title if you're looking for something different and yet undeniably absorbing. I also thought the visuals and audio were superb for a 2012 title and did their job very well in transporting me deep into the heart of the story. Expand
  84. Feb 11, 2014
    This psychological horror-mystery begins with famous writer Alan Wake as he vacations with his wife to a small town in an attempt to escape his writer's block. Everything goes to hell when his wife Alice is kidnapped by a strange darkness that is taking over the area and bringing horror and destruction with it. I will not spoil anything, but this game's strength is certainly in its story. Wake, as a writer, provides an interesting narration that brings the environment to life, while also voicing Wake's thoughts and providing information for the story. The way game connects collectibles (in the form of pages to Alan's memoirs) to the story is great and interesting. Characters are brought to life with new depth as you read their stories in the memoirs. But the horror is also a big factor in this game.

When the darkness attacks, light is the only salvation. Your inventory consists of guns and light-based weapons, such as flares, flashbangs, and a flashlight. Ammunition can be scarce, so hold on to the light and savor it while you have it. It all fits well with the horror of the game--as the darkness becomes stronger, you only feel safe in the light of day (and not always then!). When lost, following the light is also a safe bet, but this feels natural. You are running, being chased by those Taken by the darkness, and naturally you run toward the light because it is the only place you feel is safe.

This is a game I know I will certainly replay, with more focus on the story and collectibles. The gameplay is unique and interesting, the horror keeps you on edge, and the story is fantastic and full of depth.
  85. Jul 16, 2013
    When I started playing this game, I didn't like it at all. Very well the gameplay was fun, the game mechanics were very well thought up, but the game didn't catch me. It didn't make me think about it all day, and it didn't make me eager to play more (like, for example, Bioshock Infinite did). However, after sadly playing the first three episodes, things quickly became much much better. The story finally became a bit clearer, and I got the idea I was actually chasing a goal now, instead of just shooting Taken and walking through levels in an ever darker night. After the game became interesting like that, I soon finished it. The ending was quite vague, but it did give a very good feeling (also because some parts of the game were exceptionally hard compared to the rest). And it appears that American Nightmare (which I bought it in a bundle with) explains the ending further and provides more backstory. The reason I give this a 9, is because of the really short game time. I finished the game on normal in 16 hours according to Steam, and to think that about a quarter of that is cutscenes, it doesn't really satisfy in that way. But when I look at the achievements for this game, I see reasons enough to do another, more exploring playthrough. Expand
  86. Aug 20, 2013
    An amazing game, very deep atmosphere and story, really good mix between music and action, with some jokes sometimes. One game that shines over others games from this generation, you'll remember it.
  87. Jul 1, 2013
    Great storyline is the main advantage of the game. Graphics and audio are standing at a high level and cut-scenes, dialogue, characters, and the scenery doing really good experience.
  88. Jan 5, 2014
    First of all, Alan Wake really is worth the money. While it plays very much like a standard Third person Shooter, the concept behind the combat is brilliant and flawlessly executed, using light to destroy the 'dark armor' then use firearms to eliminate your enemies, the 'Taken', human entities coming to life from a novel Wake can't remember writing. If I were to explain the story, I would be he all day, but one thing I can say is that Alan Wake is filled with convoluted plot twists. However, 2 complaints I have about the game are the awkward camera angles (because shrubbery can easily block your view during combat in the forest), and the steep difficulty curve in the first couple of chapters. Expand
  89. Jun 1, 2013
    One of the best games I've played this year, aside from BioShock Infinite. The PC remaster of this game really plays out well, and with the graphical settings on ultra, this game looks and feels phenomenal. The entire atmosphere works perfectly, and you really do cling on to your torch hastily when roaming the dark forests alone. In addition, the storyline was amazing, with such complexity and curiosity which left me wanting to continue with the game. However, despite the greatness of the game I can only give it a 9/10. I found at times the amount of enemies was overwhelming and it felt a bit repetitive after 6+ hours of simply walking through the dark shooting enemies constantly. I also felt like the AI (whenever you had somebody accompanying you) were awful at shooting enemies. Despite having partners helping you, the enemies ONLY attack you, and your partners actually kill perhaps 1/10 enemies.

Overall an amazing game and well worth the play-through! I also picked it up for £2.70 with 90% off on Steam this weekend which was a bargain!
  90. AWG
    Jul 26, 2013
    A great story, a set of interesting characters, great graphics, handy controls, Rose, lots of compelling challenges and fair rewards, well-balanced cut-scenes... Alan Wake is a complete and unregrettable gaming experience you'll start missing as soon as the credits fade out. 9/10 need moar Rose.
  91. Jul 1, 2013
    just the idea of the game is amazing and new and the story is the best with the perfect cinematic like every game from remedy entertainment this was the best on 2010 and the best on Xbox 360
  92. Jun 21, 2013
    Alan Wake had great game play but what made this game outstanding was the story. The plot had so much suspense and i loved it every second i played. Probably the best horror game Ive played
  93. Jun 24, 2013
    I really enjoyed my play through Alan Wake. While it certainly wasn't a perfect experience, it was certainly a unique one and a memorable one at that. As an avid reader of King (having read every book he's ever written) I definitely felt the homage paid to him was well done. For instance, Barry Wheeler is one of the best King characters he's never written. On the other hand, the main character Alan Wake and his wife didn't really do anything for me (Alan seems like a whiny little crap, and his wife is more of the same which lead me to have no real feeling of motivation to save her, etc.) This however didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game. Amazing atmosphere, story, pacing, the gameplay elements while relatively simple kept me engaged enough to enjoy playing it, but the main reason I kept coming back day after day was the to progress the story. All in all, I say well done and look forward to playing through American Nightmare in hopes of more in this vein. While it was an intensely linear experience, games of this type will really only work that way IMHO and I feel had it been more open ended it would have damaged the story elements which required a more straight forward approach. So hats off to Remedy for keeping it original, very cool, thanks for the experience! Expand
  94. Jun 25, 2013
    A huge game. One of the bests I've ever played. A very-well written storyline, the really frightening and unique (light is everything) gameplay makes Alan Wake a must play for everyone who loves horror,action and game with good-stories.

Story: 10
    Gameplay:10
    Graphics: 9
    Sound: 10
  95. Jul 13, 2013
    I picked up this game on steam 90% off, thinking "even if it's bad, that's still a pretty damn good deal". And I was surprised how good this game is! I never played a ported game before, but I liked the controls, except the fact that you can't really walk straight (controller would solve this The graphics were just fine for a game from 2010, my PC handled it just great (HD 7870, eight-core, 12gigs RAM). The cinematics were catching, it was just like reading a good book or watching a good series, the playtime of 20 hours (the plain game, not the dlcs) made it worth the money. This game is worth the money and time. 9 outta 10! Expand
  96. Jul 17, 2013
    People get irritated with the smallest sorts of mechanics and believe that just that ruins the entire game. This game was positively new to me. Everything about it was new. I have never played such a game, and I have got to say that I loved Alan Wake the game. The fact that Alan talks during the game more exciting. I love when a character is fully animated to even speak during game play.
  97. Aug 7, 2013
    I admit back when this first came out I was sucked in. Being a writer the idea of a world where a writer's own work appears to take on a life of it's own, however the story is far more complex than that.

Also, I am not one for horror games as usually they have terrible combat and at times aren't that creepy, however this is a game with a good combat system and able to be creepy without
    using gore. Afterall, darkness is one of the most primal of fears. It's well worth it's price for anyone looking for a deeply involving story and/or want to play a creepy game. Expand
  98. Aug 26, 2013
    A different experience that not everybody likes, but with manifold on games out there I'm glad that we still have... "different" games like Alan Wake. A truly enjoyable experience with an excellent story. Wish there would be more diverse enemies though.

All in all I can just urge you to try it out.
  99. May 21, 2012
    This is called a piece of art!
    Don't buy it if you don't plan to absorb every little thing it has to offer.
    The big 10 from me.

1. May 5, 2012
    Alan Wake is a decent port with a few console-characteristics that cause a few annoyances. But PC-gamers finally have the option to enjoy Alan Wake's unique and gripping story.
    Yet as a finished result and, finally, as a product with an interactive purpose, Alan Wake suffers enough from trying to mix so many influences, ending very close to the "you love it or hate it" model. Eventually, maybe these are just the "pains of childbirth" for something more complex or for something else as deserving as interactivity, a new „species" that needs to be judged less for its interactive aspects and more for the ones that regard its style.
  3. Apr 5, 2012