8.0

1. AWG
    Jul 26, 2013
    A great story, a set of interesting characters, great graphics, handy controls, Rose, lots of compelling challenges and fair rewards, well-balanced cut-scenes... Alan Wake is a complete and unregrettable gaming experience you'll start missing as soon as the credits fade out. 9/10 need moar Rose.
  2. Jun 21, 2013
    Alan Wake had great game play but what made this game outstanding was the story. The plot had so much suspense and i loved it every second i played. Probably the best horror game Ive played
  3. Jun 24, 2013
    I really enjoyed my play through Alan Wake. While it certainly wasn't a perfect experience, it was certainly a unique one and a memorable one at that. As an avid reader of King (having read every book he's ever written) I definitely felt the homage paid to him was well done. For instance, Barry Wheeler is one of the best King characters he's never written. On the other hand, the mainI really enjoyed my play through Alan Wake. While it certainly wasn't a perfect experience, it was certainly a unique one and a memorable one at that. As an avid reader of King (having read every book he's ever written) I definitely felt the homage paid to him was well done. For instance, Barry Wheeler is one of the best King characters he's never written. On the other hand, the main character Alan Wake and his wife didn't really do anything for me (Alan seems like a whiny little crap, and his wife is more of the same which lead me to have no real feeling of motivation to save her, etc.) This however didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game. Amazing atmosphere, story, pacing, the gameplay elements while relatively simple kept me engaged enough to enjoy playing it, but the main reason I kept coming back day after day was the to progress the story. All in all, I say well done and look forward to playing through American Nightmare in hopes of more in this vein. While it was an intensely linear experience, games of this type will really only work that way IMHO and I feel had it been more open ended it would have damaged the story elements which required a more straight forward approach. So hats off to Remedy for keeping it original, very cool, thanks for the experience! Expand
  4. Jul 13, 2013
    I picked up this game on steam 90% off, thinking "even if it's bad, that's still a pretty damn good deal". And I was surprised how good this game is! I never played a ported game before, but I liked the controls, except the fact that you can't really walk straight (controller would solve this The graphics were just fine for a game from 2010, my PC handled it just great (HD 7870,I picked up this game on steam 90% off, thinking "even if it's bad, that's still a pretty damn good deal". And I was surprised how good this game is! I never played a ported game before, but I liked the controls, except the fact that you can't really walk straight (controller would solve this The graphics were just fine for a game from 2010, my PC handled it just great (HD 7870, eight-core, 12gigs RAM). The cinematics were catching, it was just like reading a good book or watching a good series, the playtime of 20 hours (the plain game, not the dlcs) made it worth the money. This game is worth the money and time. 9 outta 10! Expand
  5. Jul 17, 2013
    People get irritated with the smallest sorts of mechanics and believe that just that ruins the entire game. This game was positively new to me. Everything about it was new. I have never played such a game, and I have got to say that I loved Alan Wake the game. The fact that Alan talks during the game more exciting. I love when a character is fully animated to even speak during game play.
  6. Aug 26, 2013
    A different experience that not everybody likes, but with manifold on games out there I'm glad that we still have... "different" games like Alan Wake. A truly enjoyable experience with an excellent story. Wish there would be more diverse enemies though.

All in all I can just urge you to try it out.
  7. Oct 7, 2013
    Awsome game. you have to dig through the first 15min but once you are in you cannot let it go anymore. I love it. Sometimes the camera is not my cup of tea but the overall experience is great.
  8. Jun 27, 2014
    ...There's a long journey through the night back into the light...

...There's a long journey through the night back into the light...

Pretty much this quote describes the story of Alan Wake as well as the main gameplay idea. Yes, the mystical storyline is what makes this game stand out from many others. Of course it's not the only advantage but is what makes you to lead through the repetitive gameplay to the end. No doubt, after finish of the story you will end up with a feeling of deja vu. The developers were definitely greatly inspired by mystical fictions and movies of past years, like Stephen King, Twin Peaks or even Twilight Zone. The result is a dramatic thriller flavored with mysticism.

But as I said, the story is not the only good thing here. Remedy did a great job on recreating horror atmosphere. The major game time takes place in the night forest where your only weapon is a light and you have to keep off creatures of darkness. The creepy sounds in surrounding darkness and limited ammunition increases the level of suspense which makes you run to a savior town lights. You'll not want come back to the forest again...

I highly recommend this game to those who like mystic and horror and as an example of a brilliant cinematographic game inspired by many aspects of horror literature.
  9. Nov 8, 2013
    A great game not only from the narrative perspective but also from technical one...Just a perfect combination of a thriller with an amazing storyline and an exciting gameplay.One of the best single player games I've ever played.
  10. Feb 10, 2014
    This has to be one of the better games I've played in the past couple of years. The game mechanic of using light in various ways is quite unique, and works very well. The story isn't overly original, but the way in which it's told will draw you in and hold you `till the end. You can tell it is very inspired by Stephen King, and even mentions him once or twice in passing. The game feelsThis has to be one of the better games I've played in the past couple of years. The game mechanic of using light in various ways is quite unique, and works very well. The story isn't overly original, but the way in which it's told will draw you in and hold you `till the end. You can tell it is very inspired by Stephen King, and even mentions him once or twice in passing. The game feels like an interactive movie based on a Stephen King book, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Highly recommended for anyone who's a fan of the horror genre, whether it be games, books, or movies. Expand
  11. Jan 31, 2014
    At first I didn't know what to think about this game. The gameplay surprised me a bit, and to be honest, I thought to myself in the tutorials: "Is this it?"

But I decided to keep on playing, and I'm glad I did. I got used to the gameplay and it became rather fun. But that's not where the strong point is in this game. What impressed me about Alan Wake is the story line and how the game

What impressed me about Alan Wake is the story line and how the game is set up. You're playing as a writer, and the game is played as if you were reading a book, or listening to an audio book. It has chapters, and even narration by Alan Wake so we can explore his thoughts and truly know how and what he feels.

The ending didn't leave me wanting for more, but it sure was a confusing, yet climatic ending.
    All in all, Alan Wake has a great story line, and is in my opinion one of the best horror games I've played story wise.
  12. Dec 23, 2014
    I enjoyed the game above all thanks to its story, horror atmosphere and very good playability, comfortable controls and pretty good graphics. Episodes could be shorter and there could be more of them. Saving of the game was not balanced, but it worked. The game is really treasure in thrilling story narration. I recommend to every person, who likes horrors and action.
  13. Sep 24, 2014
    Story and climate is fantastic. No game was so interesting for me like this one. And the city ,,Bright Falls" is impressing. Beautifull place and it's have a good write history. And characters we meet aren't bored.

1. May 5, 2012
    Alan Wake is a decent port with a few console-characteristics that cause a few annoyances. But PC-gamers finally have the option to enjoy Alan Wake's unique and gripping story.
    Yet as a finished result and, finally, as a product with an interactive purpose, Alan Wake suffers enough from trying to mix so many influences, ending very close to the "you love it or hate it" model. Eventually, maybe these are just the "pains of childbirth" for something more complex or for something else as deserving as interactivity, a new „species" that needs to be judged less for its interactive aspects and more for the ones that regard its style.
  3. Apr 5, 2012