3.4

1. Feb 12, 2013
    I wasn't sure what to expect with this game before release, I pre-ordered it, which is something that I rarely do, and desperately hoped that it wasn't ass. Usually I will wait for the game to be released, have a look at the general consensus of online opinion, and then buy the game if I feel it's worth it. But I'm glad I didn't wait, because my opinion of this game is very different fromI wasn't sure what to expect with this game before release, I pre-ordered it, which is something that I rarely do, and desperately hoped that it wasn't ass. Usually I will wait for the game to be released, have a look at the general consensus of online opinion, and then buy the game if I feel it's worth it. But I'm glad I didn't wait, because my opinion of this game is very different from the consensus so far and in hindsight it would have been a shame to miss out on it. Graphically, the game is solid, if a little dated at times. There is some evidence of console-porting in that the items that matter (guns, creatures, characters) are highly detailed and look pretty damn good, but many incidental environmental textures, such as certain switches, signs, monitors are quite low-res, presumably to save memory usage. At first I was a little disappointed but it stopped bothering me very quickly as the overall atmosphere, look and feel of the game drew my attention. I hope that perhaps there will be a high-res pack for PC users released as there was for Crysis 2 and Skyrim, but even if there isn't, it still looks pretty awesome. The sound design is simply amazing, weapon and creature sounds, music, and almost everything else that you can think of is taken straight from the films, and serves to completely immerse the player in the world. The sound of a battle of Xenos vs. pulse rifle-wielding marines really got my heart racing many times. While the story leaves a bit to be desired, I didn't find that a hinderance to my enjoyment. The game was rather well paced, with moments of high-tension interspersed with action setpieces at complimentary intervals. I was constantly excited to see where we were going next, what locations we would discover, and frankly, I didn't want the game to end. Complimenting this are some spectacular moments, e.g. a space battle between two FTL ships, your first sight of Hadley's Hope as rain pelts you sideways and debris falls from the sky, the eerie silence of the ruined corridors when you first set foot inside the colony, and the enormous interior of the derelict ship. Lastly, the voice acting is full of emotion and truthfulness (the only exception I felt was, surprisingly, one of the original film's actors, who sounded rather dead a lot of the time). I found all this was enough to keep me eagerly moving through my 6-hour completion time of the campaign. Now if you are inclined to complain about the length of the campaign, I ask you to think of any of the modern CoD games, which all can be completed in 6 hours or less. I'm not implying that this is a virtue, but merely offering a comparison. For example, Modern Warfare 3 was repetitive, entirely derivative of its predecessors, and poorly paced with an overemphasis on mindnumbing and relentless action, and yet it gets 80% across the board and this gets 40%? Ridiculous. One more thing I'd like to mention is the MP. The MP aspect of the game is equally as rewarding as the single player campaign. It pits Aliens vs. Marines in alternating teams, in a number of nuanced, and varied locations. At first I felt that the teams were unbalanced, as I began as a Xenomorph and had trouble competing with a skilled group of marines hiding in a corner. But after a short while I came to see how deep and rewarding the combat system was Xenos must be cunning, finding ways to surprise Marines and force them to respawn whereupon they can be tracked down and taken on 1-on-1, while Marines must work together and cover each other, blocking each possible method of infiltration. The variety of Xeno classes allows varied tactical opportunities for the skilled player. Similarly, a strong sense of team-work and one eye on the motion-tracker is invaluable to a Marine. There are bugs, tow be sure the wall-climbing is not quite perfect, and my game locked up when I used the Lurker's pounce ability, but I have no doubt that a simple patch will fix that right up. All in all, I am loving this game. I can only imagine that the nay-sayers are playing on console, or held immense expectations. I however, found it to be as entertaining, and more immersive than I had anticipated, and the MP is truly enjoyable and compelling. Expand
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    A diamond in the rough is exactly what this game is. I think the development cycle was far too long for it. It came out with too many hands in it's honey pot I think. A few patches and the game will be golden. On the other hand, this game was definitely made for fans of Aliens (the second movie in the franchise.). As fans know, Aliens was the action oriented movie out of the franchise, andA diamond in the rough is exactly what this game is. I think the development cycle was far too long for it. It came out with too many hands in it's honey pot I think. A few patches and the game will be golden. On the other hand, this game was definitely made for fans of Aliens (the second movie in the franchise.). As fans know, Aliens was the action oriented movie out of the franchise, and focused heavily on Hicks and his marines, and a lot less on scare's and horror movie tropes as Alien, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection did. As such, in ASM you take the role of a marine in a squad and similar to the film, you shoot your way through dark and dimly lit areas where aliens and other things are creeping around every corner. The graphics are a mixed bag, the Aliens models look fantastic, where as the marines look quite dated. Textures in areas range from muddy to acceptable. Lighting effects are fantastic, and sound effects and music are stellar and way above par and fit with the Aliens theme PERFECTLY. I love the sound of my pulse rifle going off. The plot is dull in the first mission, but picks up quickly and steadily gets better and better as it goes. Multiplayer is truly where it's at with this one, tons of fun to be had through co-op and various player vs player modes which i can see being filled out even more with DLC in the future. As i said though the game is a DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, and is in need of a few good patches. Some animations in the game, especailly alien ones, seem janky and disorienting, i've seen aliens get stuck in terrain and obstacles, or face the wrong way at times. Other times they crawl across walls and ceilings to drop down on you from behind which is fantastic. All these issues can be easily fixed with a few patches. Though it is frustrating when the game has been in development for over 6 years and still has these issues. Though who knows how much development actually went on in those years? In the end, the game is fun. It's a love-note to fans of the movie and the series in general, and those of you who are big fans will take note of the lovingly re-created areas, sounds, weapons, and characters from those films. It is a must play for franchise fans. If you are expecting a super polished 200 million dollar budget title in the vein of Battlefield 3? You are going to be disappointed. If you enjoyed aliens, or enjoy varied and robust co op and multiplayer (Left 4 dead fans look within!) you will find a lot to enjoy here. Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    The low ratings on this game are unbelievable. I've been playing the game in campaign coop mode with a friend and it has been a great experience. The gameplay dynamics are solid, with good controls. The graphics are decent with great lighting effects. Progressive weapon upgrades add to the experience. The story augments the play. I can only think that the game was released with too manyThe low ratings on this game are unbelievable. I've been playing the game in campaign coop mode with a friend and it has been a great experience. The gameplay dynamics are solid, with good controls. The graphics are decent with great lighting effects. Progressive weapon upgrades add to the experience. The story augments the play. I can only think that the game was released with too many bugs or something for people to rate it so low. We've not experienced any issues, so can only assume any problems have subsequently been repaired. Playing on Steam, drop-in/out connectivity is superb and well integrated. Good solid aliens fun. If you're a fan of the genre, I don't know how you couldn't find at least the current $20 asking price worth of fun and entertainment. Expand
  4. Sep 1, 2013
    Here is a Fan of the movies to review the game. I've played quite a few hours of this game and loved every one of em. There is a challenge to it though. But as far as gameplay I'm happy that it feels like a movie and less like a game. The graphics are around average, but, I don't just play a game cause it is shiny. This game has meat on its bones and deserves a little bit more respect forHere is a Fan of the movies to review the game. I've played quite a few hours of this game and loved every one of em. There is a challenge to it though. But as far as gameplay I'm happy that it feels like a movie and less like a game. The graphics are around average, but, I don't just play a game cause it is shiny. This game has meat on its bones and deserves a little bit more respect for trying to show us the missing bits from Aliens to Alien3. Expand
  5. Nov 25, 2013
    Well I thought the game was fun, lol it wasn't scary I've never thought games are scary though... but graphically it was good. I did beat it in 8-9 hours though that is way to short I keep reading complaints about AI not helping enough, I play the game by myself and don't rely on AI to play it for me lol so the whining about AI assistance is pointless, and xeno attacks on main characterWell I thought the game was fun, lol it wasn't scary I've never thought games are scary though... but graphically it was good. I did beat it in 8-9 hours though that is way to short I keep reading complaints about AI not helping enough, I play the game by myself and don't rely on AI to play it for me lol so the whining about AI assistance is pointless, and xeno attacks on main character is understandable, since AI is useless lol. ANYWAY its a cool game I'll play it again! Expand
  6. Dec 19, 2013
    I dont understand why this game gets so much flak. Im not even aliens fan, and having bought the game recently i honetly love it. Capmaign is interesting and its great to visit places from the movie. Weapons feel awesome, squadmates shoot and even sometimes kill, and aliens behave like they should crawlng evrywhere, evading attacks and close distances very quickly. Compared to AVP 2010I dont understand why this game gets so much flak. Im not even aliens fan, and having bought the game recently i honetly love it. Capmaign is interesting and its great to visit places from the movie. Weapons feel awesome, squadmates shoot and even sometimes kill, and aliens behave like they should crawlng evrywhere, evading attacks and close distances very quickly. Compared to AVP 2010 its a good game. Much mor dynamic and fast and responsive, great atmosphere too.

It feels to me that most people here give over-inflated negative reviews for some reason, well I decided to do an honest one. So to me the game is 9 and I have barely touched the multiplayer yet.(and its fun!)

1. Graphics 7.5 nice atmospheric and lighting effects
    2. Music 9 totally suitable for aliens game(heroic and tense)
    3. Sound 10 sound effects are just great from pulse rifle hissing
    4. Amosphere 10 very very convincing
    5. Story 7. Good but nothing too special
    6. Voice acting 8 solid
    7. Gamplay 9 fluid and plenty of guns/customisation
    8. AI 8 aliens hav very good ai they are very agile ane bhave like animals should. Humans ai is alright as wll, they even flank you if your not careful.
    9. Multiplayer havnt played long enoght to score. But first feel -about 8.

please take in account that I have bought the game recntly so it is a fully patched version.
  7. Feb 13, 2013
    Oh my, I don't understand wave of hate for this game. The single-player campaign is mediocre I guess, if you playing on ultimate badass mode it's pretty hard, and tense, but I've expected more. And there are bugs, lots of them, poor graphics, AI, clipping issue and so on, nothing game breaking though.
    For SP I would give 6/10. But here comes the meat which is MULTIPLAYER!
    Hell yeah,
    For SP I would give 6/10. But here comes the meat which is MULTIPLAYER!
    Hell yeah, multi is GREAT! It's one of very few games that requires actually thinking and strategy! When you rush marines up front you will die! Fast. Maybe that is the reason for many raged cod-kids for their 0/10 reviews, because they can't win in this game. But there are also flaws in MP like lack of dedicated servers and no host migration. So for awesome MP I'm rating this game as 8/10! Since day 1 GBX is patching this game, so there's hope for bugs being ironed out soon!
    PS: Hunting in pack as aliens for piss-scared marines is badass!
  8. Feb 16, 2013
    PC Version. Graphics looks much much better than console version. Sometimes there are very nice lighting and shadows. Story is good, First time since 1986 we can play proper story in this franchise, Most of all I like multiplayer It is much better than AVP2010, it has nice dynamic and tension, many upgrades and other combination stuff, you can build your own soldier and xenomorph, and itPC Version. Graphics looks much much better than console version. Sometimes there are very nice lighting and shadows. Story is good, First time since 1986 we can play proper story in this franchise, Most of all I like multiplayer It is much better than AVP2010, it has nice dynamic and tension, many upgrades and other combination stuff, you can build your own soldier and xenomorph, and it is much better than Natural Selection 2 also, not boring( to me NS2 became boring very soon), it has nice graphics, many ways to play it, in the begining you must uprade your xenos to make them stronger, because they are rather weak on first level. Well if you are fan of Aliens and also wanna play better multiplayer than AVP2010 and Natural Selection 2. This is the game for you. Expand
  9. Jul 28, 2013
    Ok let’s start from the beginning, I am aware of the negative reviews this game has, especially regarding graphics, clumsy AI and bad textures. Well everybody has their opinion and here is mine…
    In a few words: the game is awesome, so fun to play, amazing in coop, scary as hell sometimes… should you buy it? Yes! Get it on a sale!
    Now if you want to know more about specific details, then
    Now if you want to know more about specific details, then then read my full review below:
    •If you are an aliens fan, then you are gonna love this one, it stays true to the original saga, if you are not an alien fan then probably you are not going to like this game very much and you should get another kind of “Alien” FPS like Crysis or Bulletstorm, but if you liked the original movies you are gonna love how this game is full of references and follows what happens in aliens (2) movie and fits very well in the story, I watched the movie again to see a few things and they did a great job with details, for example: when you find the abandoned automatic turret guns they left in the movie you notice there are 10 rounds left in one of them… just like the movie. The details are everywhere! They even used the original actors’ voices like Lance Henriksen doing Bishop’s.
    •The AI I noticed some strange behavior in the aliens sometimes, but it’s not game breaking, actually the aliens are aggressive and agile and they move just like in the movie, so get ready for some scary moments (they will come out from the walls, ceiling and floor, the motion tracker adds extra suspense!) and great battles (including that cargo robot Ripley used in the movie)
    •The graphics/ textures To be honest they are not outstanding, but if you can max them out they will look nice and better than console versions. Now if you are looking for the next crysis or battlefield then look somewhere else.
    If you are ok with games like L4D then you should be fine and also the physx are nice too, you will get a tense atmosphere as if you were in the movie.
    •Coop is super fun and exciting! I love coop FPSs and considering there aren’t many this one is a good option.
    Yeah Borderlands 2 is way superior in everything, but I got my ACM on sale during the summer event on steam so if you can get it on a 75% off sale It’s a great buy!
  10. Aug 4, 2013
    With the 3.8gb patch to fix the graphics the game is very enjoyable. People who purchased the game should give it another try with the patch. The theme music during intense game play gives you the aliens feel to the game. Too bad Gearbox did a screw job on the people who 1st bought it. I got mine and my brother's copy on sale and it's worth every penny.
  11. Aug 24, 2013
    Perhaps this is the best game in the universe Aliens. Battle scene in the style of the film by James Cameron. Beautiful graphics (on a PC), intense gameplay. This old-school shooter in the tradition of Halo and Half-Life. Interesting and clever intelligence of enemies, especially the behavior of the aliens. Hurricane multiplayer with great tactical capabilities, multiple modes ofPerhaps this is the best game in the universe Aliens. Battle scene in the style of the film by James Cameron. Beautiful graphics (on a PC), intense gameplay. This old-school shooter in the tradition of Halo and Half-Life. Interesting and clever intelligence of enemies, especially the behavior of the aliens. Hurricane multiplayer with great tactical capabilities, multiple modes of multiplayer game. After the release of all the DLC and patches, the game deserves the highest marks! Highly recommend it! Especially fans of the franchise. Expand
  12. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. People have made this game look like an absolute waste of time. well, it wasn´t! I loved it, it felt simply amazing standing in LV-426, the game started off the strangest way, making me fight against wey-yu soldiers since the beginning (certainly wasn´t expecting that) but it soon returned to killing aliens everywhere... it made every different alien class play an important role in the game, the main character was pretty awesome... lighting and sound efects where AWESOME!!... and the script was generally awesome, the only thing I didn´t like about it, was that most of the game you´re rescuing someone, or you´re getting rescued.... it´s okay rescuing people, but having to rescue the same character twice it´s not that cool. anyways, the AI was bad, your teammates are idiots and the aliens are a little predictable, but the atmosphere of the game has a pretty amazing job, so it doesn´t feel repetitive at all. I´d give it an 80, but since everyone is about it, I´ll give it a 100. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2013
    The people who rated this game have no knowledge of the alien universe this game is really good ,and has great multiplayer an awesome campaign following the aliens moves story line and deserves at least an 80, this is a good game and the people who rated it low don't know what they're talking about. In fact if you bought it for 10 dollars that's like getting black flag for 20. This gameThe people who rated this game have no knowledge of the alien universe this game is really good ,and has great multiplayer an awesome campaign following the aliens moves story line and deserves at least an 80, this is a good game and the people who rated it low don't know what they're talking about. In fact if you bought it for 10 dollars that's like getting black flag for 20. This game deserves better and you can help it get there. Expand
  14. Feb 12, 2013
    I guess people needs to be less fan-boys. Yes this game isn't the same as previous games, it's more like action game. Graphics are good, really not bad. So I don't get some people saying that graphics are outdated. AI? I don't know... I didn't encountered stupid AI, but I'm playing on bad ass difficulty, so maybe there's no time for them to act stupid, because they kill me in one or twoI guess people needs to be less fan-boys. Yes this game isn't the same as previous games, it's more like action game. Graphics are good, really not bad. So I don't get some people saying that graphics are outdated. AI? I don't know... I didn't encountered stupid AI, but I'm playing on bad ass difficulty, so maybe there's no time for them to act stupid, because they kill me in one or two hits. This game is not bad and it didn't disappointed me. Expand
  15. Mar 31, 2013
    This game doesn't deserve the flak it is getting from reviewers and gamers alike. This game is a niche product that might have had a few pieces that didn't make it to the final product and released with some bugs, but for what it IS, it works very well. The story is not its strong suit but the story in Aliens and the Aliens IP was never that strong, this story continues where Aliens leftThis game doesn't deserve the flak it is getting from reviewers and gamers alike. This game is a niche product that might have had a few pieces that didn't make it to the final product and released with some bugs, but for what it IS, it works very well. The story is not its strong suit but the story in Aliens and the Aliens IP was never that strong, this story continues where Aliens left off and it does it very well. It explains things properly and leaves us hanging at the end just when it seems like we are about to get info on what really happened there, baiting a sequel. JUST LIKE THEY DID IN THE MOVIES. The gameplay is solid and the graphics are decent enough, though no game should be judged on the graphics alone. Certainly some of the higher end visuals were removed in place of what we have now, but paying attention to the demos, they did say work in progress, so what you saw was not to be expected in the final build, buying on that assumption is just plain bad consumerism. Multiplayer is where this game shines and the modes available are all fun to play, the matchmaking may be the worst part about it but once in game, the maps are well made and the action is satisfying. The customization options in this game allow us to make our Marines look and feel the way we want, including our weapon loadouts that don't just use the typical weapons but have additional weapons that fit very well into the universe. Overall, I believe through patching and DLC, this game will easily be one of the best Aliens game in recent history and will be the primary Aliens multiplayer game.

Beware of the rabid masses who feel betrayed by this title, they will do and say anything to dissuade buyers away from this title based on assumptions and half truths. This is a game you will have to see for yourself that it does not deserve the bad press that it has received.
  16. Feb 12, 2013
    I'm the sort of Aliens fan that corrects the quotes of other Aliens fans. If you're after "the latest game" whose graphics have 13% more zing than your last latest game, your review will probably use harsh language. If you want another glorious day in the Corps, you came to the right place. You don't have to be an AvP marine on some dumbassed mining planet or a forest anymore, you get toI'm the sort of Aliens fan that corrects the quotes of other Aliens fans. If you're after "the latest game" whose graphics have 13% more zing than your last latest game, your review will probably use harsh language. If you want another glorious day in the Corps, you came to the right place. You don't have to be an AvP marine on some dumbassed mining planet or a forest anymore, you get to step onto the Sulaco and creep through the remains of Hadley's Hope.

The writing does a good job of making the pieces fit (eg why the Sulaco is back over LV-426), but opts for an in media res approach instead of building the tension. I expected to stumble out of cryo and into a training tutorial (hell, I even hoped for cornbread), but instead you get a quick cutscene and find yourself at the airlock with your pulse rifle and shotgun. Your first xeno is a scant five minutes away, and I wasn't sure if your marine knew what they were beforehand or not.

The biggest complaints I heard have been (with my response):
    1) Graphics not up to par: Yeah, I guess if picking over graphics is your thing. If you've been fighting xenos since Aliens Doom, they're fine. Around the level of the last AvP.
    2) Squad AI is bad: They take cover, flank and they don't hang around waiting for you to take the lead. Haven't had a problem with them getting stuck or anything.
    3) Guns are inaccurate: No, actually they feel more real. Play ArmA sometime.
    4) Alien AI is bad: Yes, the one you are shooting at is running right at you. But y'know how right after that you fought another one point blank? Well, it wasn't. And I love how they sometimes stop and hiss.
    5) It's too easy: If only they developed some kind of game mechanism where you could make it more difficult...

All in all, a fun romp. Doesn't live up to the "canonical sequel" tag. But honestly, how could it?
  17. Feb 14, 2013
    If you look at this game entirely by itself it is quite solid. I don't get all the yelling. It is neither "crap" nor garbage but rather solid. The graphics are not top notch but good enough (especially if you don't have a state-of-the-art PC but instead a machine from 2-3 years ago). Running Around with a buddy in coop and shooting Xenos is quite fun and the sounds are accurate to theIf you look at this game entirely by itself it is quite solid. I don't get all the yelling. It is neither "crap" nor garbage but rather solid. The graphics are not top notch but good enough (especially if you don't have a state-of-the-art PC but instead a machine from 2-3 years ago). Running Around with a buddy in coop and shooting Xenos is quite fun and the sounds are accurate to the movie. The music fits the atmosphere well. The Levels closely resemble the look and feel of "Aliens". If you expect a slow "horror-survival" type of game you will probably be disappointed but if you want a solid shooter with a working coop mode in the very cool Aliens setting then I say it is probably worth the about 30 euros I paid for it. The game everyone somehow expected or wanted it to be would be a straight 9-10... what we got is a 7-8ish. Expand
  18. Feb 13, 2013
    Thoroughly enjoyed this game and can imagine myself playing it for a few months to come.
    Take this game on its own merit and ignore a few flaws and you're bound to get dragged into the atmosphere of the game.
    But truthfully was any title going to live up to the mighty aliens movie? this could have been the best game ever released but a combination of a long waiting time and being part of one of the most successful movie franchises ever, this game was never going to start any fires no matter who developed it.
  19. rps
    Feb 20, 2013
    After playing the game 40 hours, and having played video games for many years, I have to conclude the professional reviewers were either being paid to trash this game by another publisher, expectations too high, or just burned out from their job of playing games all the time. From this day forward I will take anything they say with a grain of salt. I would have missed a really fun andAfter playing the game 40 hours, and having played video games for many years, I have to conclude the professional reviewers were either being paid to trash this game by another publisher, expectations too high, or just burned out from their job of playing games all the time. From this day forward I will take anything they say with a grain of salt. I would have missed a really fun and very "Aliens" experience if I listened to them. As for the people who give it zero's etc., the days of pirating new titles is over, get used to it. If your a fan of Aliens, don't miss this game. Expand
  20. Feb 13, 2013
    OK. so I've played the first 3 or 4 missions of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I love it!!! The enemy A.I. can sometimes be a bit thick and I've seen some small glitches that maybe a brand new game should not have. The Aliens in multiplayer are extremely hard to use and will need a lot of practice before I can get more than 2 kills. The marines are awesome and have access to fullOK. so I've played the first 3 or 4 missions of Aliens: Colonial Marines and I love it!!! The enemy A.I. can sometimes be a bit thick and I've seen some small glitches that maybe a brand new game should not have. The Aliens in multiplayer are extremely hard to use and will need a lot of practice before I can get more than 2 kills. The marines are awesome and have access to full customization. The weapons sound like they are straight from the movie and you can play as Hudson, Hicks, Apone and Drake, who all have the original voice talent from the movie. I think it's awesome and anyone who loves the Alien franchise would be able to overlook the odd glitch and the odd dodgy choice of cover by the A.I.. I think it was well worth the money. I am a big fan of Aliens and to be able to explore locations from the movie is awesome. Don't listen to these negative reviews, It's brilliant. Expand
  21. Feb 12, 2013
    I don't know why there is so much hate surrounding this game....for what it is I had fun and enjoyed it thoroughly. It's just a simple scripted corridor shooter. If you wanted borderlands with aliens then yeah you'll be disappointed. I thought it was great!
  22. Feb 12, 2013
    Don't believe the trolls, the game is good. I have been playing it for hours. It looks very nice. I play it on a 50" tv at max with a gtx 680..The co op is a lot of fun as well. i took HD screenshots in steam to disprove the lairs calling ti ugly.. Believe me, they are liars.. The co op and the multiplayer is fun. Gearbox is already on DAY 1 patching issues.. Who gives that kind ofDon't believe the trolls, the game is good. I have been playing it for hours. It looks very nice. I play it on a 50" tv at max with a gtx 680..The co op is a lot of fun as well. i took HD screenshots in steam to disprove the lairs calling ti ugly.. Believe me, they are liars.. The co op and the multiplayer is fun. Gearbox is already on DAY 1 patching issues.. Who gives that kind of support? No one.. I am having a blast and if you don't buy it I feel sorry for ya.. Because you let troll cry babies ruing a good game for you. I don't trust meta critic anymore.. Their reviewers are mostly just trolls now a days it seems.. Crying constantly in every forum they can find as if it will save their life.. The game is good.. I like it.. Period.. Expand
  23. Feb 12, 2013
    Great, Great did I say Great GAME! Don't believe the retarded GameSpot review this game is amazing, yes there are a few textures in the game that don't look perfect but thats the only legitimate complaint and you don't grade a game just based on that. I am loving this game and the tension is has, it reminds me of the fear I felt while playing Dead Space 1 and 2 and the aliens are cool asGreat, Great did I say Great GAME! Don't believe the retarded GameSpot review this game is amazing, yes there are a few textures in the game that don't look perfect but thats the only legitimate complaint and you don't grade a game just based on that. I am loving this game and the tension is has, it reminds me of the fear I felt while playing Dead Space 1 and 2 and the aliens are cool as They look great and the game-play is amazing while staying honest to the movies and the genre. I definitely recommend this game if you ever enjoyed any of the Aliens movies, or any of the Dead Space games. Expand
  24. Feb 12, 2013
    As a fan of the Aliens films, I was hoping for the best, but I got Colonial Marines. Not to to say this isn't a great game, I love it. Sure it has its faults, but those can be fixed with patches, such as the multilayer lag, and Campaign glitches. Obviously this series meant a lot to Gearbox, because if you actually look there are an insane amount references to the "Aliens" film. I lookAs a fan of the Aliens films, I was hoping for the best, but I got Colonial Marines. Not to to say this isn't a great game, I love it. Sure it has its faults, but those can be fixed with patches, such as the multilayer lag, and Campaign glitches. Obviously this series meant a lot to Gearbox, because if you actually look there are an insane amount references to the "Aliens" film. I look past the short comings this game has and see a game that, hopefully in future updates will get the TLC it needs. I give Aliens a 10 out of 10, for the effort Gearbox had put it, and for their ambitious goal they set for themselves they just quite missed. Not to mention, the Ultimate Bad-Ass difficulty adds a bit more to game play. Expand
  25. Mar 2, 2013
    first i would like to say im an aliens fan so i might be bias. The campaign gives you a really good look at the scenes from the movie that fans will remember well even the hole in the ground where Hudson is captured (later found cocooned on the wall) is there so top marks for paying attention to the movie. that said the plot storyline is overall lacking and not convincing and thefirst i would like to say im an aliens fan so i might be bias. The campaign gives you a really good look at the scenes from the movie that fans will remember well even the hole in the ground where Hudson is captured (later found cocooned on the wall) is there so top marks for paying attention to the movie. that said the plot storyline is overall lacking and not convincing and the teammate AI is clunky they don't seem to do much at all. as for the feel of the game gave me a few good frights with aliens jumping out of the dark and facehuggers jumping from shelves's kept me on the edge of my seat. On to multiplayer player hosted servers are a pain but once you get a good group of players you can play for hours with out dropouts the push to talk option should be default on this would eliminate a lot of hassles players game sound coming through their mic. that lack of alien tutorial and single player campaign make for a frustrating first few rounds but once a few upgrades are unlocked i would go as far as to say one of the most fun multiplayer games i have played. having unlocked all the upgrades the multiplayer becomes much more intense the maps are ok some favor aliens and some marines but using the right tactics you can win with both marines and aliens. all in all im giving this game a 9 because it really did give the feel that i was in the movie and to be honest the other franchise fps haven't done any thing to better this as an experience. Expand
  26. Feb 13, 2013
    After playing A:CM for about 4 hours. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. I like the game. Its rather fun. Not the best Aliens game, but they have all had flaws. The Graphics are not the best and the AI for both aliens and friendly npc is wonky most of the time. But I enjoyed the atmosphere created by the lighting, sounds. and the levels. I'm playing on "Ultimate Bad-Ass" difficulty so IAfter playing A:CM for about 4 hours. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it. I like the game. Its rather fun. Not the best Aliens game, but they have all had flaws. The Graphics are not the best and the AI for both aliens and friendly npc is wonky most of the time. But I enjoyed the atmosphere created by the lighting, sounds. and the levels. I'm playing on "Ultimate Bad-Ass" difficulty so I have no HUD at all. I jumped into some 4 player coop and had a really good time. Lots of aliens from all directions, one player on the motion tracker calling out locations and distances. Felt like Hudson in the movie. "We got movement, Can't lock in..." Granted its not the game I think we were all hoping for. Nor does it live up to the hype or what Gearbox promised. But it was fun. Not worth $60, more of a $30 budget title I think. Play it in co-op with a bunch of serious adult gamers and you will have fun. Role-play it up and it will be a blast, especially in "Bad-Ass" mode. You will have to use team work and share the ammo and health. Adds more tension to the game. Expand
  27. Feb 13, 2013
    O jogo foi feito exatamente para quem fã da quadrilogia do filme Alien! O jogo tem gráficos excelentes e não fica pesado na máquina. Tem modo multiplayer coop e PvP. Quem fala que o jogo tem uma campanha sem sentido ou reclama por não ter servidor dedicado ou por qualquer outra coisa, não sabe o que está falando ou simplesmente está acostumado com jogos de outros gêneros e cai no erro deO jogo foi feito exatamente para quem fã da quadrilogia do filme Alien! O jogo tem gráficos excelentes e não fica pesado na máquina. Tem modo multiplayer coop e PvP. Quem fala que o jogo tem uma campanha sem sentido ou reclama por não ter servidor dedicado ou por qualquer outra coisa, não sabe o que está falando ou simplesmente está acostumado com jogos de outros gêneros e cai no erro de ficar comparando um jogo com outro. Não comparem o Aliens Colonial Marines com outros jogos, os criadores do jogo fizeram um bom trabalho e estão de parabéns. Joguei toda a campanha em menos de 12 horas e não encontrei bugs, problemas ou defeitos durante o game. Vale a pena comprar. Mais uma vez, PARABÉNS AOS DESENVOLVEDORES!!! Expand
  28. FPS
    Mar 30, 2013
    After patch 4,8 gigas, the game become 75/100. Now the game is good (not graet, but is good).
    I.A. now are OK,no more bugs, atmosfere now is nice, shadom and light are dynamic, and movimentation was corrected.
  29. Feb 26, 2013
    I've been 50 hours in the game made the second walkthrough on ultimate badass and Ihave to admit that I love this game! Grafically there's a lot worse out there! Aliens Colonial Marines is pure badass Alien and Weyland-mercs shooting....I am looking forward to the DLCs and I hope the patches will get a lot of angry players to the game. It's really worth it. Big Cinema!
  30. Feb 13, 2013
    ok i just arived to hopefully stop your about this game ...
    1. I didnt even played it because im a sick guy waiting for the dlc that is comming (if you guy's are blind then its not their fault ...)
    ok i just arived to hopefully stop your about this game ...
    2. I played all AVP titles AND watched the movie's the worst i played was by far the multiplayer of the new AVP wich lagged but that was the fault of those stupid jerks at our Zensoring buisness (im from germany THX YOU BASTARDS FOR ZENSORING ALL GAMES YOU COME ACROSS!)

And now the real deal:
    I will play and like this game the way it is you simply forgot what a game is about not story not undyeing chars not even graphics its about fun. And what i saw (in playthroughs of this game at least) was quiet a fun Alien killing game wich has nothing to do with the movie's where a pulse rifle and its 99 shot magazin is just enogh to kill 2 or maybe 3 of the xenomorphs not to mention the sub spezies of them wich are in the game. If you want a 1 to 1 movie remake then mod it! thats what this game should be about: if you dont like something MAKE IT BETTER!

I will play it and i will like it thats for shure but dont DARE YOU to write negative things about a game just released when your just stupid or the borredness hits you cause you dont have fun with games anymore! (this too is for the stupid so called BIG REVIEW SITES/MAGAZINS I HATE YOU BECAUSE ALL YOU CAN DO IS TOO! your humans and you put people in charge of games who dont even like them!)

Thats all from me so far and i on grama or the right spelling you still can understand me if not it further prove's that there are many childs out there that dont deserve the title of GAMER!

MFG: KOUTA SETO
    I WRITE THE WAY I ON THE NET NOT THE WAY I DO IN REAL LIVE CAUSE THIS ISNT REAL LIVE!
  31. Feb 12, 2013
    havent played the sp campaign much but the multiplayer has a lot of potential. MP just needs a little bit of tweaking on matchmaking and lag compensation. Host does have a distinct advantage in regards to hit boxes actually registering shots. overall the balance between aliens and marines is very good, neither class feels overpowered. Definitely more fun than black ops 2... not reallyhavent played the sp campaign much but the multiplayer has a lot of potential. MP just needs a little bit of tweaking on matchmaking and lag compensation. Host does have a distinct advantage in regards to hit boxes actually registering shots. overall the balance between aliens and marines is very good, neither class feels overpowered. Definitely more fun than black ops 2... not really saying much but what else are you gonna play? Expand
  32. Feb 13, 2013
    The people writing negative reviews for this game must be paid to write as negative as possible. The sound and music in this game are straight from the movies and the scenarios and environments are very well constructed and as detailed as possible to jive with the movie on which the game is based. In direct contrast to some of the other negative reviews, I have noticed no AI bugs and theThe people writing negative reviews for this game must be paid to write as negative as possible. The sound and music in this game are straight from the movies and the scenarios and environments are very well constructed and as detailed as possible to jive with the movie on which the game is based. In direct contrast to some of the other negative reviews, I have noticed no AI bugs and the game is very challenging on the very challenging difficulties, as it is meant to be. The aI for the Aliens in particular during the campaign is notable in that they are phenomenally good at flanking you based on where your field of vision is. The progression of unlocking weapons and upgrades ties directly into the multiplayer, meaning your experience with using them in the single player first transfers over right away. Expand
  33. Feb 12, 2013
    I don't get it, people are freaking out over graphics, and AI, and all that. It wasn't advertised to be graphically impressive, or insanely great AI. It was advertised to be an Aliens game and that's what it is. I mean if you want to have OP multilayer with Predators vs Aliens vs Marines, play AVP. If not, and you want a game that lets you have your dream of being a Colonial Marine onI don't get it, people are freaking out over graphics, and AI, and all that. It wasn't advertised to be graphically impressive, or insanely great AI. It was advertised to be an Aliens game and that's what it is. I mean if you want to have OP multilayer with Predators vs Aliens vs Marines, play AVP. If not, and you want a game that lets you have your dream of being a Colonial Marine on LV-426, then this is for you. Oh, and on the glitches and bugs, and other things, yes they'll probably be handled in updates. Then to fix the campaign, and multilayer it will probably be DLC, so if you can stick with it, grin and bear it, and all that jazz just a while longer you might just get those extra few things you were looking for in this game. Expand
  34. Feb 12, 2013
    The game is simply amazing, no idea why it get rated this bad, Not tested the multiplayer yet, however the campaign is simply an alien experience. If you are a fan of the saga you may appreciate it, if you are not, this may not be the game you are looking for, however. the fact that you can coop with your friends make the game simply better (for higher difficulties) IA may seems buggedThe game is simply amazing, no idea why it get rated this bad, Not tested the multiplayer yet, however the campaign is simply an alien experience. If you are a fan of the saga you may appreciate it, if you are not, this may not be the game you are looking for, however. the fact that you can coop with your friends make the game simply better (for higher difficulties) IA may seems bugged sometimes for lower difficulty, on higher the aliens are simply relentless, as they are meant to be. the story is amazing btw, surely who ever say otherwise is a Alien: resurrection fan :P Expand
  35. Feb 13, 2013
    I have been waiting for this game to come out for a long time and I have to say I am not disappointing one bit. I just wish there were armor upgrades instead of just weapon ones.
  36. Feb 19, 2013
    An enjoyable game for fans of the earlier Alien movies (especially the 2nd one), and while graphics are not groundbreaking they are still good enough to give you that creepy feeling of being on LV-426, except for maybe a few textures here and there that could use some polishing, I am a little disappointed that they didn't use DX11 but I can live with that. I've played about 15 hours of theAn enjoyable game for fans of the earlier Alien movies (especially the 2nd one), and while graphics are not groundbreaking they are still good enough to give you that creepy feeling of being on LV-426, except for maybe a few textures here and there that could use some polishing, I am a little disappointed that they didn't use DX11 but I can live with that. I've played about 15 hours of the game and still haven't experienced any crash or freeze up, sometimes there can be a little lag when going through a door opening into another room but that is minor stuff that easily can be patched. While the single player part is enjoyable I have to say that the most fun in this game is without a doubt the co-op campaign. People complain a lot about the AI and sure they are no Einsteins but I have seen far worse in other games, and also I'm sure they can be patched to perform better as well Expand
  37. Feb 16, 2013
    I read the reviews and when my pre-order arrived late on the 12th I hemmed hawed about just going to Best Buy to return, but I love ALIENS!!! So what the heck...well so far so good, played the first few missions, the environment looks real, the story isn't the worst I've seen in a video game and frankly complaints like 'there aren't enough weapons' sounds like an American rant...yes,I read the reviews and when my pre-order arrived late on the 12th I hemmed hawed about just going to Best Buy to return, but I love ALIENS!!! So what the heck...well so far so good, played the first few missions, the environment looks real, the story isn't the worst I've seen in a video game and frankly complaints like 'there aren't enough weapons' sounds like an American rant...yes, yes, more weapons. Bottom line if you like the Aliens universe this should appeal to you. It's no Bioshock but it isn't Duke Nukem either. Expand
  38. Feb 17, 2013
    As a huge fan of the movies I've waited years to play a game where I can run around on LV426 with my favourite characters. The campaign was fun, the whole game is basically Call of Duty meets Aliens, nothing mind blowing or eye watering but decent. (And unlike CoD the the price wasn't £49.99) The multi player is great fun. I have no clue why this game is getting such a low rating, I foundAs a huge fan of the movies I've waited years to play a game where I can run around on LV426 with my favourite characters. The campaign was fun, the whole game is basically Call of Duty meets Aliens, nothing mind blowing or eye watering but decent. (And unlike CoD the the price wasn't £49.99) The multi player is great fun. I have no clue why this game is getting such a low rating, I found one haven't had any issues with bugs, crashes but I have seen the AI do some stupid stuff. However, I'm having a blast with it. I would probably give this game 10 out of 10 just for letting me live out my dream but that would be biased. So a solid 8 from me. Expand
  39. May 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Aliens Colonial Marines picks up where Alien 3 left off. Although this is a game, if you've been waiting for a true sequel to the first 3 Alien films, then this is it. Not only does Bishop make a return appearance, but Hicks as well. The
    cinematic movies after the completion of each stage unravels the continuing story of the Alien Colonial Marines and their run-ins with the weyland yutani Corporation, that does all it can to preserve the Alien species, while the marines
    try to stop them. This time though, not only will they both have to survive the onslaught of the Alien hordes, but they will both be pitted against each other. The story takes place back on planet LV-426, where the aliens have completely
    over-run the now abandoned terraforming colony. Some locations will be familiar to you from the movie Aliens, while others will be completely new. The dev's have done an excellent job of incorporating the atmosphere of the movies into the
    game as if you are really there. Being a big fan of the alien films, I really couldn't find anything in this game to complain about. The auto save feature does make progression difficult if you contiue to die before the next check point,
    but for some reason it didn't bother me that much. There were times in the game where I would recall moments from the movie Aliens where I would have to survive in the same manner as the marines from the movie... setting up sentry bots,
    cutting and welding doors back together etc. All while fighting off swarms of aliens trying to survive and protect my squad. I got that same urgency I got from the films while playing the game. It really hit home.
    If you're a fan of the Alien movies and want to live the next chapter of the Alien franchise then don't miss out on this gem.
  40. Feb 13, 2013
    I do not know about you, but I liked the game, no need to evaluate the game on the schedule, or when she had to get out there, the plot is different, but of course a sort of a multiplayer, but it's not a problem, the cooperative is great, enjoyed it. Thank you very much for developers
  41. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is awesome graphics and game play is fantastic We are starting to go through it a 2nd time co-op because it was so fun the 1st time Best Aliens game ever Thanks Gearbox for your years of work, It's just like being in the movie!
  42. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is great over steam 4 player co-op campaign

DO NOT play this game solo.. it is 100% intended for co-op DO Turn up the difficulty Play hard, play in a group or go home.. fun story, graphics are a bit old but good enough for me for some reason people expected a doom stlye sneaker,, this is ALiens not ALien this is a Marine gun ho shootem up, not a sneaker atmopheric
    This game is great over steam 4 player co-op campaign

DO NOT play this game solo.. it is 100% intended for co-op
    DO Turn up the difficulty

Play hard, play in a group or go home..

fun story, graphics are a bit old but good enough for me
    for some reason people expected a doom stlye sneaker,, this is ALiens not ALien
    this is a Marine gun ho shootem up, not a sneaker atmopheric thriller ACTION! and lost of ammunition is the call of the day

the weapons where pretty poor.. shotgun and pulse rifle is all you need
    this is wont win game of the year, but in a group.. Alot of fun
  43. Mar 3, 2013
    lol I see alot of people hates aliens, fail computers, bad graphic too. just get a new computer! it's just like borderlands 2. don't balme on the games and crappy.
  44. Feb 16, 2013
    Cannot understand horrible reviews all over the place 2-3 h into the campaign and a couple of missions done on coop multiplayer. so far had a good time with the game.
    Biggest issue for me is the alien animation movement. but seriously: this game does well by it*s standards. Atmosphere is decent and gameplay solid. Aliens without cheesy story? not happened once for any of the movies. before hating this game take a good look at what happened to the franchise in the last 15 years this game is one of the 2 good things happening out there.

Take a look for yourself and if the 2nd Aliens installment was giving you anything you cannot be completely wrong here.
  45. Feb 14, 2013
    Despite all the hate surrounding this game, i believe most of it has been stirred up simply because people had 'extremely' high expectations. The graphics arn't that bad, there easily better than CoD (which gets 9/10 paid reviews). The single player AI however are quite bad although this can be fixed in a simple patch, but the multiplayer is where it shines. Once you've spent about 4hrs+Despite all the hate surrounding this game, i believe most of it has been stirred up simply because people had 'extremely' high expectations. The graphics arn't that bad, there easily better than CoD (which gets 9/10 paid reviews). The single player AI however are quite bad although this can be fixed in a simple patch, but the multiplayer is where it shines. Once you've spent about 4hrs+ and unlocked some cool gear, the alien class is very to to play especially with friends! Don't listen to half the reviews, buy the game if you want something different and arn't phased about some 1st day release problems. Expand
  46. Feb 18, 2013
    Co-op with friends and plenty, plenty of booze and this becomes a very enjoyable comedy experience!! Highly recommended! But only if you have friends and ample amounts of alcohol! Caution: do not try sober.
  47. May 9, 2013
    Aliens colonial marines on PC gets yet another big update and it looks like a legit directx11 game now with hi res graphics better AI shadows, fog,mist and dynamic lighting among other things.
    I am totally amazed how they turned it around, it looks so beautiful now,check it out.
  48. Feb 14, 2013
    The game is solid, the design is spot on and it is fun to play, especially in coop.

So why is it that this game gets such horrid reviews? Sure, it does not have top notch state of the art graphics. Good for me, cause if it did I probably could not play it on my PC. It does not look bad, though. Sure the AI is not very bright, but to control shiny black critters that usually come straight at you it doesn't have to be. The most likely reason why this game is hated by so many people is because expectations were too high. Everyone wanted HIS personal perfect Aliens game and now everyone is mad that he just got a good game, instead of that.

I guess many people also have not seen ALIENS for a LONG time. If you complain that the xenomorphs in this game are allegedly stupid, please watch the movie again and take a look how many of them get slaughtered by sentry guns. It does not get any dumber than getting killed by a stationary autocannon, wave after wave. The xenomorphs have always been rather stupid, but they are fast, fearless, strong, full of acid and individually they are cunning hunters. Being a cunning hunter just isn't any good if your prey has Pulse Rifles.

So yeah, the game could have been better. It could also have been much worse. More easily than the other way around.
  49. Mar 30, 2013
    came on you just have to love this game its great..... I think I have been lucky so far, as I have had no problems at all, keep up the good work and I cant wait for number 2
  50. Feb 20, 2013
    Perhaps not a game for everyone as it seems, but I enjoy it a lot, I should add that I'm playing mostly in co-op mode with friends. The game runs smooth on my PC and I haven't encountered any major problems, the only thing I've noticed is some minor lag in certain parts of the game. If you're expecting something like COD or BF I think you might be disappointed with this game, but if you'rePerhaps not a game for everyone as it seems, but I enjoy it a lot, I should add that I'm playing mostly in co-op mode with friends. The game runs smooth on my PC and I haven't encountered any major problems, the only thing I've noticed is some minor lag in certain parts of the game. If you're expecting something like COD or BF I think you might be disappointed with this game, but if you're into old school co-op shooters this game has many hours of fun to offer. Expand
  51. Feb 13, 2013
    Please give this game a chance. That being said, I am not blind to the issues that this game has OK! I love the franchise and have been waiting for this game for some time. They need to fix the multiplayer issues even though it's still extremely fun and different. By the way that is what really get's me here people are pissing and moaning because it has not got what makes other shootersPlease give this game a chance. That being said, I am not blind to the issues that this game has OK! I love the franchise and have been waiting for this game for some time. They need to fix the multiplayer issues even though it's still extremely fun and different. By the way that is what really get's me here people are pissing and moaning because it has not got what makes other shooters great. GREAT! GOOD!. I yearn for the time when people don't want the same rehashed Call of Duty game every single year!!!!!!!!!! This game is different and a refreshing break from the normal shooters. Expand
  52. Jan 9, 2014
    I really can`t understand all those bad Ratings. I enjoy the game, like the gameplay and the atmosphere !
    Even the graphics are not the best I have seen, the game looks good.
    The only thing to complain ist the fact, that there is no quicksave.
  53. Feb 14, 2013
    Pros: Graphics are fitting to the gameplay, Story line is well done and fitting in nicely with the movies story lines. Marines don't move at super speeds so its not a twitch shooter. Hardest setting makes it feel like movies. Running out of ammo and bugs coming out of the walls and you'll dead fast if your not watching your step.

Cons: Multiplayer is a little weak due to no AI aliens

Cons: Multiplayer is a little weak due to no AI aliens to help swarm the marines...It would be something nice to see if added... Deathmatch and cap the flag modes are dull.... Seen a few bugs with the AI friendly/foes yet I've seen this in games such as Skyrim and so on... With a few patches should be good.. Is this game worth your time Yes if you like Aliens... Far better than the AVP games
  54. Feb 14, 2013
    I realize a lot of people are pissed about the long development and the over-hyping from the publishers, but as a serious fan of the films, I found A:CM enjoyable and worthwhile. I pre-paid my $50 and I don't feel like I've been ripped off, especially since I started diving into the multiplayer modes, which I already know I'm going to spend WAY too much time with. Some specifics:I realize a lot of people are pissed about the long development and the over-hyping from the publishers, but as a serious fan of the films, I found A:CM enjoyable and worthwhile. I pre-paid my $50 and I don't feel like I've been ripped off, especially since I started diving into the multiplayer modes, which I already know I'm going to spend WAY too much time with. Some specifics:

PROS: It's fun! I enjoyed the hell out of the SP campaign, warts and all. Yeah, it's a bit short, but the challenges, some of which are really difficult, and the hidden items (dog tags, legendary weapons, audio logs) give it replay value. I'll probably give it another go on the hardest difficulty. A few of the sections are truly difficult, and I like that there's no quicksave/quickload option it makes the sequences a lot more suspenseful than other shooters where you can save every 5 seconds. Several of the sequences were downright nerve-wracking, such as the alien zombies that respond to sound, and the final battle with the Queen. I've only spent a few hours with the MP modes but I can already tell I'm going to become obsessed with leveling up my profiles. Playing as the xenomorphs is unexpectedly fun and rewarding once you get the hang of it. CONS: SP campaign story is pretty freaking silly. I've seen these movies hundreds of times (literally) and the attempt to connect ALIENS and ALIEN 3 while keeping Hicks alive is beyond ludicrous (his "explanation" of who was in his ejected cryotube on the EEV is a howler for the ages). Having Hicks in this story is totally unnecessary fan service. I love that you run across Hudson's corpse at one point, and I even like the legendary weapons and the dog tags that are spread everywhere (even though they're found in locations that the movie characters could have never been in). They work in references to all the movies even PROMETHEUS, which doesn't make a shred of sense, obviously, but I appreciated the effort. Overall, though, it's the setting you play for and on my PC with everything maxed out the locations looked great. Some tearing here and there, but the aliens are very detailed. The AI is not great, but not the worst I've ever seen either. I DEFINITELY wouldn't describe it as "broken" as so many others had. The cut-scenes are not very good, however. The dialogue/acting is fine (well, okay, the dialogue is often pretty awful) but the facial detail/animation is really bad and looks unfinished. And the scenes appear to be rendered in 720p, or maybe even lower.

In closing, maybe this should have had more polish it before it shipped, but it is nowhere close the trainwreck everyone is complaining about. Taken out of context of the ridiculous hype, it's a solid, fun shooter that any fan of the films is likely to enjoy for many, many hours.
  55. Feb 23, 2013
    Obviously not everyone's cup of tea, however I was surprised how fun this game was, I mean I read the reviews and didn't expect much but I bought it just because I a a huge fan of the movies. I was expecting something not so good but I ended up with a very fun game, especially if you co-op with some buddies. I can honestly say that this game is way underrated, I mean just look at COD blackObviously not everyone's cup of tea, however I was surprised how fun this game was, I mean I read the reviews and didn't expect much but I bought it just because I a a huge fan of the movies. I was expecting something not so good but I ended up with a very fun game, especially if you co-op with some buddies. I can honestly say that this game is way underrated, I mean just look at COD black ops 2 which is a horrible game, possibly the worst fps I ever played and it gets what? like 80 metascore? please give me a break, that game deserves nothing over 50 and I would say ACM deserves about 70 from an objective point of view. Expand
  56. Apr 7, 2015
    I've read so much about how bad this game was supposed to be & all the Gearbox/Sega courtcase stuff. I've read "reputed" magazine/website reviews about how the game didn't convey enough fear of the Aliens and "there's not enough atmosphere".
    I first saw the movie ALIENS in 1987 when I was ten and since then no game has come closer to giving me I always wanted. A Non-Stop rampage of lead on targets. Yes the movie has pacing and suspense because movies need that - they are not interactive. The game gives you the opportunity to part of the best action sequences of the movie. The parts, when you are a young boy, you imagine yourself in the most.
    If you bought this game and didn't get that it was about decimating hordes and the multitude of fun ways to carry this out - then you have missed the point.
  57. Apr 13, 2014
    Game is hard as hell but being an aliens fan its the challenge that i love best game so far. cant wait for the new one isolation.i love ripley and if this new one comes out i will definitly be excited its her daughter which i didnt know she had.
  58. Jan 28, 2014
    Today, after all patchs and with 3 friends in coop mod, in hard difficulty, it's a real good game! Ok the first release wasn't finished, but currently this game deserves a better rating...
  59. Jul 22, 2014
    Spectacular game! I put off buying this game because of the bad reviews but I now see most of them are unfounded. This is definitely worth buying, even more so if you are a fan of Aliens.
  60. Oct 3, 2014
    It's sad but I think the sounds were the only thing i enjoyed about the whole game. The Aliens were difficult to track if you lost them especially the face huggers. 80's iconic symbols always seem to get ruined when created now, so sad so much more potential tech wise and I feel like I wasted $67 dollars
  61. Oct 25, 2014
    I have no idea why this game is rated low. Perhaps this is the war between game makers, bureaucracy even here? The graphics are excellent, but at the same time, you could get away with playing on lo graphics and enjoy it on a medium spec'd computer. But if you have the right spec, this is an immersive game, visually brilliant. Some places it could be better, yes, some patches might haveI have no idea why this game is rated low. Perhaps this is the war between game makers, bureaucracy even here? The graphics are excellent, but at the same time, you could get away with playing on lo graphics and enjoy it on a medium spec'd computer. But if you have the right spec, this is an immersive game, visually brilliant. Some places it could be better, yes, some patches might have helped but that is the case with best of the games out there. Secondly, the storyline isn't boring, its fast paced even if it is long; this is where most games fall and this didn't. If you want something to play over the weekend, i recommend you get this game which is now available with all extra downloadable content on steam and in stores.. which is an added bonus. Expand
  62. Apr 5, 2015
    Very good action. I would give it 7, but the mood brings it up to 10. Playing this game brings back mamories from VHS and the "first" Aliens. I like some dialogue, not all but some pieces are great.
  63. Jul 28, 2013