Aliens: Colonial Marines PC

3.4

1. Jan 20, 2016
    If a xenomorph plays this game, it will try to suicide by laying eggs in its mouth then choke to death. The best part? The thing you have just read makes more sense than Aliens: Colonial Marines.
  2. Oct 30, 2015
    No. Just, no.

terrible AI, missing a lot of suspense, story didn't make sense, and the multiplayer...I'll leave that to be...

Overall, this game could've had much more potential...no turning back now
  3. Aug 1, 2015
    Aliens: Colonial Marines is just a disappointment. Poor story,poor game play,hard to understand things in game and the last and the important one is this game doesn't give you any fun. Because when you are playing you are fighting against people not against aliens and there must scare jump in this game after all this is a game with aliens in it you must scare us with them not with let usAliens: Colonial Marines is just a disappointment. Poor story,poor game play,hard to understand things in game and the last and the important one is this game doesn't give you any fun. Because when you are playing you are fighting against people not against aliens and there must scare jump in this game after all this is a game with aliens in it you must scare us with them not with let us think what kind of **** game I bought and spend my money on.Beside all of this they even couldn't do the sound affect good sounds are like you are playing a Sims game if you are going to create a horror game then you must put the sound affect to maximum. I think the developers of the game created this game after playing Call Of Duty or something. DO NOT BUY THİS GAME YOU WİLL REGRET IF YOU DO !!! Expand
  4. Jun 18, 2015
    This is an awful game. Do not waste your time. This game is not worth your hard earned money. This was a money grab. Visuals 3/5, Mechanics 2/5, Story 1/5, Audio 2/5
  5. Jun 10, 2015
    i can´t believe they are still selling this notorious piece of vintage garbage with the same unrepresentative trailers... **** YOU RANDY PITCHFORK, YOU HACK FRAUD SELLOUT DICKHEAD! hope it was worth it, where is gearbox now huh?
  6. Mar 29, 2015
    i did see this coming when this game released. due to development hell. and second time coming from gearbox.

the graphics are just ugly, not awful. ugly, and really not what you seen in the demo. repetitive,generic,not scary. boss battles = too **** easy. many of glitches worst AI i've ever seen in 6 months since survival instinct. the first level was good, the rest, NOPE voice

repetitive,generic,not scary.
    boss battles = too **** easy.
    many of glitches
    worst AI i've ever seen in 6 months since survival instinct.
    the first level was good, the rest, NOPE

voice acting is good, the main weapon sound like my ass.
  7. Dec 12, 2014
    Mission 6: For Bella

Enters this facility with 3 guardians turrets and cant get past it because of a BUG! I saw a walk-through guide and the 2 npc's who is with the player at the time, is suppose to follow the player inside and come up with a solution to get by the turrets. In my game, they stand outside doing nothing. I seen this before in the game and when u reach some point, they
    Mission 6: For Bella

I saw a walk-through guide and the 2 npc's who is with the player at the time, is suppose to follow the player inside and come up with a solution to get by the turrets. In my game, they stand outside doing nothing. I seen this before in the game and when u reach some point, they start moving again and catch up. But this time, u cant go back or forward. U need those 2 inside, but they freeze outside. Game over!

So that said, they AI is broken, running around like chickens with no head, its pure FPS action - no scary elements u would otherwise link with an Alien game or movie. For a 2013 game, the graphic is terrible and a mess. In 1920*1200 resolution, I hit better at range with a red dot indicator, firing from the hib, then taking a aim.

All in all, not recommended and i just un-installed the game since im stocked half way through the game anyways.
  8. Dec 10, 2014
    The game is a massive letdown. All the time it spent in development hell turned it into a buggy, boring mess of a game. it could have been so much more. What we ended up getting is a below average run-of-the-mill FPS. I shan't go into more detail, since others have covered it over and over again. Simply avoid it, even if you are an Aliens fan.

Jimbo Rating: 2/10
  9. Nov 12, 2014
    a lot of glitching in this game the Sega did a really terrible job making the great effects for this game , the aliens need to improve especially when they die it's not gore the characters are not using their brains really Brad Thompson !!!!!!!!!!!! do you take us gamers seriously call of duty ghost did not take us seriously now your a bad writer you have no taste or you never understanda lot of glitching in this game the Sega did a really terrible job making the great effects for this game , the aliens need to improve especially when they die it's not gore the characters are not using their brains really Brad Thompson !!!!!!!!!!!! do you take us gamers seriously call of duty ghost did not take us seriously now your a bad writer you have no taste or you never understand for classic movies like Ridley Scott's alien and James Cameron's Aliens. Grade C- Expand
  10. Nov 4, 2014
    Pretty bad - AI = bad, story = bad, graphics = bad. Bit disappointing... Get Alien: Isolation if you want a true Alien(s) game. It could, however, be worse and is not too horrific to play - just really unpolished and rough around the edges.
  11. Nov 2, 2014
    Biggest let down of this decade, Alien Colonial Marines was promised to be a gritty shooter with survival horror elements but all it amounts to is another Call of Duty clone with awful AI. The Alien AI awful and is completely different to the game play shown before launch, with aliens spazing across the walls and charging toward the player and missing by miles. The story is lack luster andBiggest let down of this decade, Alien Colonial Marines was promised to be a gritty shooter with survival horror elements but all it amounts to is another Call of Duty clone with awful AI. The Alien AI awful and is completely different to the game play shown before launch, with aliens spazing across the walls and charging toward the player and missing by miles. The story is lack luster and was not used to the best effect. The gun play is fun but you end up fighting generic Waylon Yuntani merc's with no character. In the end the game amounts to lack luster game play, plot and AI. Warning do not pick this game up! Expand
  12. Oct 10, 2014
    Disappointment doesn't quite sum up my feelings for this game, there was so much promise. Gearbox, why? .
  13. Sep 23, 2014
    One of the biggest gaming failures. Its story is a joke, the coop is a joke, the mp modes are the usual uninspired tdm call of duty garbage. Overall this game is a joke. Don't buy.
  14. Jul 5, 2014
    I have tried to like this game on the PC but to be honest I thought it was sub standard. I have the Aliens vs Predator game from 2010 which I think is graphically better, more atmospheric, has higher levels of tension & better level design than Aliens Colonial Marines even though this is a newer game. I have now uninstalled the travesty that is Aliens Colonial Marines. I am hoping that theI have tried to like this game on the PC but to be honest I thought it was sub standard. I have the Aliens vs Predator game from 2010 which I think is graphically better, more atmospheric, has higher levels of tension & better level design than Aliens Colonial Marines even though this is a newer game. I have now uninstalled the travesty that is Aliens Colonial Marines. I am hoping that the new Alien Isolation game is a good one when it's out later this year. Expand
  15. Jul 3, 2014
    i love the alien franchise, i always have, even since i was far too young to watch the movies. but this...........
    to be honest i wish i had never tarnished my memories with this game. to start it was virtually unplayable, in fact it just was unplayable. then i did a few recommended tweaks and it went up to the level of highly irritating.
    the brief time i have spent trying to persevere
    the brief time i have spent trying to persevere was seriously disappointing. either it would lag so bad that you die in seconds or the alien just stands there waiting for a bullet.
    then just to top it off, when you just want to close it and forget it ever happened it bugs out and constantly restarts itself until you have to turn off the computer. there is apparently a fix for this but i dont want to know. i paid £6.99 for it and its uninstalled never to be messed with again.
    maybe if it was a couple of tweaks and it was fine i could have enjoyed it. however i spent 6 hours trying to make this game playable. one of those was just trying to get the thing to shut down and stay shut down!
    frankly, i expected more in this day and age. considering AVP2 before this i was expecting something halfway decent, this is not it though. the standard of games these days is pretty good, and to fight for a corner of the market is tough. i think this was just a way to exploit alien fans and their curiosity.
    there is just nothing i can recommend about it. i regret buying it, i regret installing it, i regret trying to make it work and i regret not stopping to find out about it before i paid for it.
    save your money, buy a couple of beers and watch the movies. it would be a much better use of your time and money.
  16. Jun 21, 2014
    Its bad... Its really, really bad. What was suppose to be a good game turned out to be horrible and it almost made me want to cry being a big fan of the Alien series. I had no fun while playing. You get way to many guns and enemies are so easy to kill. Its to easy and then you end up not having fun at all. The best part about it is the online mode where you get to control an Alien. AndIts bad... Its really, really bad. What was suppose to be a good game turned out to be horrible and it almost made me want to cry being a big fan of the Alien series. I had no fun while playing. You get way to many guns and enemies are so easy to kill. Its to easy and then you end up not having fun at all. The best part about it is the online mode where you get to control an Alien. And controlling an Alien sucks so much. At least this game functions? It sucks.

Aliens: Colonial Marines gets a 2/10
  17. May 21, 2014
    1st mission was average then the 2nd mission shoot the humans a rip off of call of duty THIS GAME I couldnt even finish it by level 8 i threw the game 3 times level 7 was the worst and for a huge fan of aliens people said this game was bad but i didnt listlen and now look were i am A 0 DONE
  18. May 6, 2014
    The biggest gaming let-down of this century. Fans waited seven years.. for this? I have lost faith in Gearbox as a company with the way they handled this release. There is no excuse for the patchwork story, buggy menus, and lack of dedicated multiplayer servers. Everything in this game feels low rent, as if it was an after-thought and that the game needed to be pushed out fromThe biggest gaming let-down of this century. Fans waited seven years.. for this? I have lost faith in Gearbox as a company with the way they handled this release. There is no excuse for the patchwork story, buggy menus, and lack of dedicated multiplayer servers. Everything in this game feels low rent, as if it was an after-thought and that the game needed to be pushed out from development hell. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  19. Apr 16, 2014
    Mind numbingly bad frame rate, PS2 quality graphics, bad writting, horrible AI, lame story, fully linear gameplay, and beyond boring characters. Aliens: Colonial Marines is without a doubt one of the worst games of 2013 and quite possibly one of the worst so far in this decade.
  20. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is terrible. From the broken A.I. to the dozen glitches you'll encounter when you play this game (you probably don't want to), this game should be avoided at all costs.

I chose to review this version of the game over the PS3 version even though I played both versions. I chose this version because the graphics should be improved on PC right? Wrong. The PS3 and PC versions look ALMOST identical and that is something not be proud of.

The graphics may not be the most important thing, but the same goes for the gameplay. The gameplay is terrible and like I said, has tons of glitches and a bad A.I. that sometimes blocks your way because it is running in circles.

Obviously this game is unpolished and unfinished. I would give this a 0 on the spot, but this game went through development hell and switched studio after studio. I wouldn't bash Gearbox for taking the credit of this game, as they have released gems before such as Borderlands 1 and 2. SEGA rushed Gearbox to complete the rest of the game after the last studio quit.

I just wish they would have kept the graphics and gameplay that we saw in the demo 2 years ago.
  21. Mar 20, 2014
    Its broken, down right unplayable alone, and it looks like it was made in 2007. My feelings for this game range from anger to sadness. Anger due to the fact that it was a flat out lie and sadness due to its potential as an awesome game turned trainwreck.
  22. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Oh, Gamebox you **** it up, the AI is **** horrible, the friendly AI will **** kill you, and the Aliens literally stay there dancing, or they run right in front of your **** faces, the story is bull **** and now is **** canon for some god damn reason, in the final boss fight you just press some buttons, and it's **** over, and for most of the game you fight **** humans, well the multiplayer is ok, and some missions do have the Aliens feel, but this still a ****ty game, and now in the words of Hudson “Game Over Man". Expand
  23. Jan 4, 2014
    The only worthwhile part of this game is the online multiplayer which I can best describe as flawed but fun, however the issues including the fact that the games are only 5 V 5 at most will bore most people quickly. I have had a lot of fun playing it but I can't really recommend it, I mainly like it because Marines versus Aliens is very different from other games I usually play online suchThe only worthwhile part of this game is the online multiplayer which I can best describe as flawed but fun, however the issues including the fact that the games are only 5 V 5 at most will bore most people quickly. I have had a lot of fun playing it but I can't really recommend it, I mainly like it because Marines versus Aliens is very different from other games I usually play online such as Halo 4, Gears of War 3 and Battlefield 3.
    The single-player campaign is worthless and if you are an Aliens franchise fan and were hoping to see a true sequel to Aliens you will only be disappointed and probably pissed off.
    This game was clearly falsely advertised.
  24. Dec 28, 2013
    Colonial marines is example of the player saddening infection of heavy preordering of games makes the games less needy to be polished and well finished.
    The more you preorder, the more you get unfinished games ,
    ruined with business.
    "hey guys finish this one fast, so we can sell another one already"
  25. Nov 25, 2013
    I can't help but feel sad about Alien fans, who paid the full retail price to play this title. I paid $5 and I feel like that was a waste of money, as I didn't even have the desire to finish it... Library Delete Local Content.... Done. Now I feel better.
  26. Nov 20, 2013
    Things I liked a lot...the weapon improvement system, the concept of the game is awesome, BUT it lacks of a 'strong materia' there isnt challenge in the game is weak, is empty...the stuff is cool, I enjoyed pump alliens with the shotgun, but you can ran like a ramboo, and kill lot of the enemies..thats not cool, even I play on veteran..Dont get me wrong, dev guys got the concept, but itThings I liked a lot...the weapon improvement system, the concept of the game is awesome, BUT it lacks of a 'strong materia' there isnt challenge in the game is weak, is empty...the stuff is cool, I enjoyed pump alliens with the shotgun, but you can ran like a ramboo, and kill lot of the enemies..thats not cool, even I play on veteran..Dont get me wrong, dev guys got the concept, but it lacks on effort and work in its game. Expand
  27. Nov 7, 2013
    This game is Über crap. Pre-ordered the game. Biggest letdown of the year. graphics are outdated and gameplay is boring. No scares at all.. Don't waste money on this..
  28. Nov 6, 2013
    Crapbox strikes again. many rumors surround the infamous development cycle this game went through. Outsourcing most of the work, stealing funds from this project and putting them into their other games, etc. But one thing is certain. Gearbox never cared at all about this game. It's a complete disaster from start to finish. The only redeeming quality about this game is that it takes placeCrapbox strikes again. many rumors surround the infamous development cycle this game went through. Outsourcing most of the work, stealing funds from this project and putting them into their other games, etc. But one thing is certain. Gearbox never cared at all about this game. It's a complete disaster from start to finish. The only redeeming quality about this game is that it takes place in the Aliens universe, which is awesome. Being a big Aliens fan, my review score is a bit higher than it normally would be if I didn't care about the license (probably a 2 or 3/10). Other than that, Aliens is a stale shooter which offers entirely linear gameplay and uninteresting multiplayer. The story is confusing and nonsensical, the characters are completely forgettable and there is no reason to care for any of them. While the voice acting for some of the characters is actually quite good, the lip syncing is terrible. Graphics and effects and other sounds are well below par. The AI is among the worst I've ever seen. The list goes on and on. The only people that should even think about buying this game are fans of the Aliens franchise. Everyone else needs to stay far away. After three disaster games in a row (Duke Nuke, Borderlands 2, and now this), Crapbox has shown they have no ability whatsoever to make a good modern game. Stay away from this crap developer and anything that they happen to spawn. Expand
  29. Oct 30, 2013
    I got this game on launch and their was colossal amounts of glitches. for a game centered around co-op their were so many connection issues that i ended up doing the campaign alone. The graphics looked nice i guess the aliens were detailed but everything else was so awful. They should of researched the films a lot more in order to get the atmosphere right. Don't even get me started on theI got this game on launch and their was colossal amounts of glitches. for a game centered around co-op their were so many connection issues that i ended up doing the campaign alone. The graphics looked nice i guess the aliens were detailed but everything else was so awful. They should of researched the films a lot more in order to get the atmosphere right. Don't even get me started on the fact that there were human enemies beside aliens. Massive let down for a game that had so much potential. Expand
  30. Mar 6, 2013
    My opinion Very poor. The graphics (which do not make a game good) are dire here with textures that seem to hark back to 2006 if not earlier. The campaign is nonsensical with terrible AI on both sides of the player and a plot line that seems to just make things up as it goes along and fail (although promises) to provide explanation. The NPCs, you just end up hating them, especially O'NielMy opinion Very poor. The graphics (which do not make a game good) are dire here with textures that seem to hark back to 2006 if not earlier. The campaign is nonsensical with terrible AI on both sides of the player and a plot line that seems to just make things up as it goes along and fail (although promises) to provide explanation. The NPCs, you just end up hating them, especially O'Niel who is meant to be "your guy". He either does nothing and just watches you battling moronic aliens or when he does shoot he seems to have forgotten his real smart gun and brought along his nerf version utterly pointless. As for the voice acting, lets just say it's bad. I need to go back to the AI again here because it's so poor, so bad, you have no feel at all of suspense or terror. The aliens are dumb (not that you'll end up fighting them much in this game). Instead of the creepy, could come from anywhere alien, they leap into the center of the room and then barrel roll at you allowing you plenty of time to blow them away. If they actually manage to get close enough to you to hit you, they hit you once and then leap away, allowing you to blow them away what's the point?

The multiplayer as long as you're a marine you'll end up ok as the controls are easy and pretty much what you'd expect. As the alien you're completely screwed, the controls don't seem to work and nothing is fluid about it. When I try and wall climb my alien has a fit and I end up being shot for trying to play as an alien!!!

Good points They've got the sound and music right, but was that really difficult?
    - It works. It has yet to crash on me to be fair and everything seems to work the way it was meant too.
    That's it.

There was so much opportunity with this game to offer up something great, the breath new life in to the Aliens franchise, but it was squandered. What could have potentially been Gearbox's best game turned out to be something they don't even seem to want to comment on except blame other developers and Sega. I think I can speak for fans when I say I would have preferred another 6 year delay and a good game rather than this copy and paste COD shooter that contains all the horror and suspense of a jar of pickled eggs.

1. PC Master (Greece)