3.5

1. Feb 15, 2013
    1) Atrocious AI; especially the aliens. They just make a beeline for you.
    2) Dated graphics; unlike what was seen in the demos.
    3) First level was great with a great atmosphere and build up. It stops there, at the first level.
    4) "EPIC" boss battle.
    5) This is related to the second point; there's absolutely no sense of dread or "feel". Flip switch, run and gun, flip switch, run and gun.
  2. Feb 15, 2013
    Falsely Advertised with fake "Actual in-game footage"

-Terrible AI
    -Terrible Story
    -Very buggy Single Player and Multi-player
    -No Dedicated servers so hosts constantly leaving
    - Terrible Alien pathfinding when crawling around in MP getting stuck etc.

Pathetic attempt, even replaying the recent Aliens versus Predator by Rebellion which has better Graphics, Story and AI.

1/10 at most
  3. Feb 13, 2013
    It's sad but I think the sounds were the only thing i enjoyed about the whole game. The Aliens were difficult to track if you lost them especially the face huggers. 80's iconic symbols always seem to get ruined when created now, so sad so much more potential tech wise and I feel like I wasted $67 dollars
  4. Feb 13, 2013
    Single player wise, yeah, Colonial Marines is pretty bad. There's a lack of suspenseful atmosphere (except for one level), the AI is atrocious, acting is bad, and the storyline is worse. Hadley's Hope? Un-nuked, I guess. Whatever. Multiplayer is a better experience than single player, but suffers from some major issues. Marines level up from the campaign and multiplayer, while aliens canSingle player wise, yeah, Colonial Marines is pretty bad. There's a lack of suspenseful atmosphere (except for one level), the AI is atrocious, acting is bad, and the storyline is worse. Hadley's Hope? Un-nuked, I guess. Whatever. Multiplayer is a better experience than single player, but suffers from some major issues. Marines level up from the campaign and multiplayer, while aliens can only level up from multiplayer. This means that pretty much right out of the chute marine teams have a gigantic advantage over the alien team. 6 hours after launch I was running into marines between level 10 and 23 with fully upgraded weapons, and today all my matches have consisted of max level marines vs. level 1 to 7 aliens. Customization options are far more in depth for marines, with aliens being limited to 3 heads and some slightly differently colored skins. Finally, there are no dedicated servers, and if the host leaves before the match is over, you are kicked and lose all your progress. So, bottom line, multiplayer is the only way this game can redeem itself, but even that has a long way to go. Expand
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a subpar game. A disservice of the Aliens licence. WTF gearbox? Brain-dead AI, poor textures, boring corridor shooter. This game is candidate to Worst Game of the Year 2013.
  6. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is triumphant only in it's massive failure to deliver any kind of satisfaction, or enjoyable experience. It's is glaringly obvious within just a few moments of starting, A:CM is a steaming pile of crap, cobbled together from various farmyard animals. It's almost a parody of what it is supposed to be, the bugs are so amusing, you spend more time frowning or laughing thanThis game is triumphant only in it's massive failure to deliver any kind of satisfaction, or enjoyable experience. It's is glaringly obvious within just a few moments of starting, A:CM is a steaming pile of crap, cobbled together from various farmyard animals. It's almost a parody of what it is supposed to be, the bugs are so amusing, you spend more time frowning or laughing than flinching in terror, in what is supposed to be the supreme horror suspense franchise, from which all others stem. Just look at the critic reviews, who are often accused of being paid to give high scores, completely denounce this product as utter rubbish. The lies spewed forth by the aggressive marketing campaign only adds salt to the wound, a developer desperate to claw back some of the money they spent over the SIX YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT that this game had. Aliens: Colonial Marines has left me feeling disappointed, ripped off and angry. SHAME ON GEARBOX! SHAME ON YOU!! Expand
  7. Feb 12, 2013
    Campaign: Not worth to mention: Broken AI. Story is illogical garbge. It's running in circles and shoot aliens. Let's move to the Multiplayer:

Matchmaking: No dedicated Servers. "Host leaved the game" every few minutes. Not much more to say Feeling: (Alien) Switching to the third person view may be a good descision for making gameplay more smooth, but the lack of proper animations

Matchmaking:

Feeling: (Alien)
    Switching to the third person view may be a good descision for making gameplay more smooth, but the lack of proper animations and the fact that the alien moves like your put a stick up his and now pulling some strings absolutly ruins it. Feeling: (Marine)
    It's ok. I'm missing some kind of distant radio. I had a guy with his micro not muted and i could hear the dampened gunfire while catching up with the group. It was actually pretty cool. Otherwise the game lacks a proper envoirement sound set. If you spawn after death somewhere you can't hear nothing. It's so peaceful, you may settle down and have a picnic with a nearby spitter. Also the guns feel somehow cheap, like made out of lego bricks. To be honest all the models feel like i bought a 14,99 Indie game.

Maps:
    The maps i played so far are uther rubbish. Sorry envoirement artist and level designers, but did you play your maps once? There's no tatic. It's just "find the best spot to sit on" and stay there and shooting the aliens coming from two directions. Forget vents, they're placed almost randomly without strategic purpose.

Season Pass:
    You expect me to pay 30 bucks for you to maybe fix this, really?

There are some things cool about this game but it doesnt compensate the games overall cheap feeling and bad, bad, bad, BAD map design. Just my personal opinion on this.
  8. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is by far one of the worst of the year, and i can say that in all confidence even though it's only February. No atmosphere, the WORST textures I've ever seen, a majority of vents and small crawl spaces that aliens sometimes crawl out of and such are actually just black squares, not real vents. Such a poorly designed game it's almost impressive. No effort has been put into thisThis game is by far one of the worst of the year, and i can say that in all confidence even though it's only February. No atmosphere, the WORST textures I've ever seen, a majority of vents and small crawl spaces that aliens sometimes crawl out of and such are actually just black squares, not real vents. Such a poorly designed game it's almost impressive. No effort has been put into this game at all. Do not buy it, especially not for the ridiculously high price on steam. this game would be somewhat reasonable at 10 dollars, but even then, do not buy it. Aliens are too cumbersome to control, the tactical sights on weapons are strangely mis-aligned, the weapon firing sounds are laughable at best. avoid at all costs Expand
  9. Feb 12, 2013
    After 7 hours of playing I will have to write now or never. Some may complain that I haven't given the game a chance. You know what? It's not going to get any more than these 7 hours out of me and in retrospect that's probably 2 or 3 hours more than this game deserves. A dull traipse through badly designed levels with "rent and idiot" characters and so little in the way of gameplay aboveAfter 7 hours of playing I will have to write now or never. Some may complain that I haven't given the game a chance. You know what? It's not going to get any more than these 7 hours out of me and in retrospect that's probably 2 or 3 hours more than this game deserves. A dull traipse through badly designed levels with "rent and idiot" characters and so little in the way of gameplay above "it moves shoot it" that it might as well be Quake with better graphics. The difference being of course, that every game must be taken in context, and of it's time Quake was innovative and excellent but that time was 17 years ago. I was temped to give this a zero just becasue I'm so cheesed off as a massive Aliens fan. Why buy the rights to an iconic franchise and do this? Why Gearbox WHY? I got nervous when they said they were removing the single player squad system to make the game "more accessible" (i.e at best "dumbed down" at worst "we couldn't be bothered or don't have the skill to implement a system like this") But this game is just so DULL. It doesn't crash, the graphics are ok the sound, though taken from 26 year old samples it seems, is very good but that's the best I can say about the game. The old samples used for gunfire polish up well considering how old they are. That really is the best I can say about this game. The gameplay is as generic as "Jenny Generic and her Generic Geriatrics" cut and paste gameplay that is soooooooo old. How could this game have taken more than 6 months to cobble together from exising gameplay mechnics with a new lick of GFX on top? Anyway I'll give it 1 out of 10 which is 2 (yes 2... I considered minus one but I couldn't push the slider back that far) more than I wanted to give it 10 minutes ago. Expand
  10. Feb 13, 2013
    Crap game. Bought the hype that Gearbox would actually make a good game out of a much beloved franchise. AI is you can actually run through the whole game without fighting or taking on an alien. Check on youtube for the video for proof. This is a joke game. Not worth $60.00..save your money.
  11. Feb 12, 2013
    Quite frankly not good enough.

This feels more like a mod or total conversion than a game of it's own. Graphics are dated, animation and blood/acid effects are very poor, sounds effects are very nice but what we have here strikes me as overall unfinished, unpolished, rushed, underdone. You would have to love James Cameron's film A LOT for this title to be salvageable, and I do, and it isn't.
  12. Feb 12, 2013
    The first thing that you will notice after paying 60 bucks and booting this thing up is that it is possibly one of the ugliest modern shooters I have seen in a very long time. If you are a graphics enthusiest then this will make your eyeballs bleed. I have a fairly stout computer and was hoping for some meat on this thing, there is none. The first thing that came to mind (an afterThe first thing that you will notice after paying 60 bucks and booting this thing up is that it is possibly one of the ugliest modern shooters I have seen in a very long time. If you are a graphics enthusiest then this will make your eyeballs bleed. I have a fairly stout computer and was hoping for some meat on this thing, there is none. The first thing that came to mind (an after reading these reviews, many others as well) is Doom 3. and not the BFG edition. Some may argue that it is uglier. Its pretty bad. It is kind of fun though, but that is comming from a guy who is not a serious FPS player. I do enjoy cod series but if thats what you look for in all shooters, dont even come near this. But if you like shooters to a degree and are tired of the hardcore ones, and reminse about the days of return to wolfenstein and the like then this may be something to try. Not for 60 bucks though. 20 at the most. If you buy it now you will feel ripped. Being an aliens fan dosent hurt either but not being one will destroy any enjoyment you hope to have. The only reason it gets a 3 is cause of the alien thing. its not a bad shooter, just not a serious one, and a very very very very very ugly one. Its so ugly you will be floored. My jaw hit the ground. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2013
    The people who saw the first 2 movies should NOT play this game. A total disgrace to the amazing movies! I returned DS3 for this, but omg does this suck on PC. Apart from the sad fact that this is as always just a simple conosoleport, it really looks poor. The world is so damn empty..... I mean "tension" and ""suspense"? Where the hell is it? Very low textures, ugly game, way to easy andThe people who saw the first 2 movies should NOT play this game. A total disgrace to the amazing movies! I returned DS3 for this, but omg does this suck on PC. Apart from the sad fact that this is as always just a simple conosoleport, it really looks poor. The world is so damn empty..... I mean "tension" and ""suspense"? Where the hell is it? Very low textures, ugly game, way to easy and full of minor bugs as in they rushed this game out. Keep you money in your pocket, because this game is plain and stupid! Expand
  14. Feb 12, 2013
    What the hell happened? The AI was one of the worst AI I've ever seen. Many Aliens won't even come after you. Sometimes they look at you and walk around you. WALK.
  15. Jun 18, 2015
    This is an awful game. Do not waste your time. This game is not worth your hard earned money. This was a money grab. Visuals 3/5, Mechanics 2/5, Story 1/5, Audio 2/5
  16. Jul 5, 2014
    I have tried to like this game on the PC but to be honest I thought it was sub standard. I have the Aliens vs Predator game from 2010 which I think is graphically better, more atmospheric, has higher levels of tension & better level design than Aliens Colonial Marines even though this is a newer game. I have now uninstalled the travesty that is Aliens Colonial Marines. I am hoping that theI have tried to like this game on the PC but to be honest I thought it was sub standard. I have the Aliens vs Predator game from 2010 which I think is graphically better, more atmospheric, has higher levels of tension & better level design than Aliens Colonial Marines even though this is a newer game. I have now uninstalled the travesty that is Aliens Colonial Marines. I am hoping that the new Alien Isolation game is a good one when it's out later this year. Expand
  17. Jun 21, 2014
    Its bad... Its really, really bad. What was suppose to be a good game turned out to be horrible and it almost made me want to cry being a big fan of the Alien series. I had no fun while playing. You get way to many guns and enemies are so easy to kill. Its to easy and then you end up not having fun at all. The best part about it is the online mode where you get to control an Alien. AndIts bad... Its really, really bad. What was suppose to be a good game turned out to be horrible and it almost made me want to cry being a big fan of the Alien series. I had no fun while playing. You get way to many guns and enemies are so easy to kill. Its to easy and then you end up not having fun at all. The best part about it is the online mode where you get to control an Alien. And controlling an Alien sucks so much. At least this game functions? It sucks.

Aliens: Colonial Marines gets a 2/10
  18. Dec 12, 2014
    Mission 6: For Bella

Enters this facility with 3 guardians turrets and cant get past it because of a BUG! I saw a walk-through guide and the 2 npc's who is with the player at the time, is suppose to follow the player inside and come up with a solution to get by the turrets. In my game, they stand outside doing nothing. I seen this before in the game and when u reach some point, they
    Mission 6: For Bella

I saw a walk-through guide and the 2 npc's who is with the player at the time, is suppose to follow the player inside and come up with a solution to get by the turrets. In my game, they stand outside doing nothing. I seen this before in the game and when u reach some point, they start moving again and catch up. But this time, u cant go back or forward. U need those 2 inside, but they freeze outside. Game over!

So that said, they AI is broken, running around like chickens with no head, its pure FPS action - no scary elements u would otherwise link with an Alien game or movie. For a 2013 game, the graphic is terrible and a mess. In 1920*1200 resolution, I hit better at range with a red dot indicator, firing from the hib, then taking a aim.

All in all, not recommended and i just un-installed the game since im stocked half way through the game anyways.
  19. Jul 3, 2014
    i love the alien franchise, i always have, even since i was far too young to watch the movies. but this...........
    to be honest i wish i had never tarnished my memories with this game. to start it was virtually unplayable, in fact it just was unplayable. then i did a few recommended tweaks and it went up to the level of highly irritating.
    the brief time i have spent trying to persevere
    the brief time i have spent trying to persevere was seriously disappointing. either it would lag so bad that you die in seconds or the alien just stands there waiting for a bullet.
    then just to top it off, when you just want to close it and forget it ever happened it bugs out and constantly restarts itself until you have to turn off the computer. there is apparently a fix for this but i dont want to know. i paid £6.99 for it and its uninstalled never to be messed with again.
    maybe if it was a couple of tweaks and it was fine i could have enjoyed it. however i spent 6 hours trying to make this game playable. one of those was just trying to get the thing to shut down and stay shut down!
    frankly, i expected more in this day and age. considering AVP2 before this i was expecting something halfway decent, this is not it though. the standard of games these days is pretty good, and to fight for a corner of the market is tough. i think this was just a way to exploit alien fans and their curiosity.
    there is just nothing i can recommend about it. i regret buying it, i regret installing it, i regret trying to make it work and i regret not stopping to find out about it before i paid for it.
    save your money, buy a couple of beers and watch the movies. it would be a much better use of your time and money.
  20. Mar 29, 2015
    i did see this coming when this game released. due to development hell. and second time coming from gearbox.

the graphics are just ugly, not awful. ugly, and really not what you seen in the demo. repetitive,generic,not scary. boss battles = too **** easy. many of glitches worst AI i've ever seen in 6 months since survival instinct. the first level was good, the rest, NOPE voice

repetitive,generic,not scary.
    boss battles = too **** easy.
    many of glitches
    worst AI i've ever seen in 6 months since survival instinct.
    the first level was good, the rest, NOPE

voice acting is good, the main weapon sound like my ass.
  21. Dec 10, 2014
    The game is a massive letdown. All the time it spent in development hell turned it into a buggy, boring mess of a game. it could have been so much more. What we ended up getting is a below average run-of-the-mill FPS. I shan't go into more detail, since others have covered it over and over again. Simply avoid it, even if you are an Aliens fan.

Jimbo Rating: 2/10
  22. Aug 1, 2015
    Aliens: Colonial Marines is just a disappointment. Poor story,poor game play,hard to understand things in game and the last and the important one is this game doesn't give you any fun. Because when you are playing you are fighting against people not against aliens and there must scare jump in this game after all this is a game with aliens in it you must scare us with them not with let usAliens: Colonial Marines is just a disappointment. Poor story,poor game play,hard to understand things in game and the last and the important one is this game doesn't give you any fun. Because when you are playing you are fighting against people not against aliens and there must scare jump in this game after all this is a game with aliens in it you must scare us with them not with let us think what kind of **** game I bought and spend my money on.Beside all of this they even couldn't do the sound affect good sounds are like you are playing a Sims game if you are going to create a horror game then you must put the sound affect to maximum. I think the developers of the game created this game after playing Call Of Duty or something. DO NOT BUY THİS GAME YOU WİLL REGRET IF YOU DO !!! Expand
  23. May 8, 2016
    After all the years of waiting we finally get an Aliens game that looks potentially awesome. The games storyline is even supposed to pick up where the Aliens movie left off, which is a really nice area to fill in some details. After Ripley leaves the planet in Aliens we never really get to see what happens so it will be really cool to finally find out, right? If the game had not been soAfter all the years of waiting we finally get an Aliens game that looks potentially awesome. The games storyline is even supposed to pick up where the Aliens movie left off, which is a really nice area to fill in some details. After Ripley leaves the planet in Aliens we never really get to see what happens so it will be really cool to finally find out, right? If the game had not been so half-assed then I would say yes, however it was definitely a half-assed attempt at an Aliens game.
    Well I guess we will just dive into the gameplay and figure out what we enjoyed out of it. After playing through the game I have to say I did actually enjoy the environments quite a bit. From the opening scenes to the end of the game they definitely hit the overall atmosphere and feel of LV-426 perfectly. I actually really enjoyed being able to “set foot” on the planet and explore a piece of iconic history with a character. Now if everything else had been as good then it would have been a perfect experience. When looking at things like the AI you can really tell it was rushed though and never got the time it deserved. While playing through the story-line the AI companions just seemed like puppets on a stick reacting to things around them. There were countless times during firefights when my companions would be downed because they would attack aliens far away from them instead of the ones wailing on them point blank. In small fights this isn’t so much of an issue because the player can contend with them, but in larger battles it was a serious pain in the ass. The Alien AI was also absolutely terrible from what I witnessed. Even after all the patching that was done by Gearbox after release the Aliens still just traveled from point A to point B, then attacked. There wasn’t really any variation to the attacks, no tactics, nothing surprising. It really depressed me because the movies showed us such a cunning enemy, and the game delivers an obvious robot following a preset path. It wouldn’t be so bad if this was 1995 but we have seen better AI in games in the last 10 years.
    Now with the gameplay pretty botched you would think they used this time on the story-line to give us a great experience. Oh man how I wish that was the case. In all the time playing the game I just felt the story was scattered, if not almost completely absent. We know that we are another team responding to the issues plaguing the first team, but they don’t really give you a purpose beyond that. You don’t care about the characters you’re with or really get a lot of info on why you are doing what you are, other than the simple go here and do this command. The lack of attachment to the characters really irritated me because that is a basic element in any storytelling. When you are attached to those around you it makes protecting them much more important, and in the event that something happens to them it has a profound effect on the player. Yet all that was completely absent here.
    Since there is not a lot more you can say about the story of the game we will go ahead and move on to the graphics. The visuals in the game are also part of a fairly heated debate since the demo footage seemed to be better looking than the actual released version. Now since release Gearbox did add a massive 4 plus gigabyte patch that made the visuals in the game better but it’s still hard for gamers not to feel cheated in the beginning. The bad thing is that even after the massive patch Aliens: CM still looks rather dated for a game that has released in the last 5 years. Now I am usually not one to rag on graphics but when you don’t have a storyline to make up for it then it’s difficult not to be hard on a game. Something else that really bothered me is the amount of frame lag I got while playing the game on PC. I could understand having this if I was playing the game on a low end PC but that’s just not the case. I am not sure if this happened on consoles as well but I would be interested to see if it did. It’s just disappointing to see a game with this much potential being kicked to the curb in the graphics department.
    I can say that the one place I did see real quality was in the sound effects. I know that they were most likely ripped directly from the movie, but all the sounds had a great presence in the game. It’s always nice to be hit with nostalgia when playing a game based of something so beloved. With the sound effects being as good as they were you would not expect the dialog to be as jacked up as it was. There were a few times that the character’s mouths and dialog didn’t match. It seriously took me back to the days of old school Godzilla movies.
    All in all, this game is worth playing as a rental or in the discount rack but as for buying it at full price, just don’t. Gearbox was given the keys to a Lamborghini with this IP and they somehow modified it into a rusted down Pinto. The concept and potential was so great, and yet in the end the finished product just didn't deliver.
  24. Feb 15, 2013
    The absolute worst game of 2013 so far. The single player is 5 HOURS, FIVE MO******CKING HOURS AND IT IS BORING, REPETITIVE AND PREDICTABLE. The characters are forgettable. The story is forgettable. The AI is they stop and wait for you and forgets that there is Xenomorphs around. And my biggest complain is that you fight Weyland-Yutani soldiers INSTEAD OF XENOMORPHS WHY THE HELL WOULDThe absolute worst game of 2013 so far. The single player is 5 HOURS, FIVE MO******CKING HOURS AND IT IS BORING, REPETITIVE AND PREDICTABLE. The characters are forgettable. The story is forgettable. The AI is they stop and wait for you and forgets that there is Xenomorphs around. And my biggest complain is that you fight Weyland-Yutani soldiers INSTEAD OF XENOMORPHS WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT!? THIS IS AN ALIENS GAME! Ok so the story is you are a guy named Winter and you are on a spaceship when it gets attacked by xenomorphs then you find out that guess who is behind it? That is right Weyland-Yutani then the spaceship crashes on the planet then find Hadley's Hope after that the story is BULL****! Expand
  25. Feb 19, 2013
    Unless they redo all the AI and Fix the terrible story-line, i cant see this as being worth 40 dollars. I strongly urge you to wait and see if the price goes down to at least 20-30$, and even then not go out of your way to buy it.A huge disappointment to all of the aliens fans.
  26. Feb 16, 2013
    The game is crap.
    - Kicking in steel doors, diving through the of a marine dropship that an Alien Queen cant even get through
    - Aliens that either rush right at you or stand motionless - Aliens that rush up to you, strike once, then idle - Weyland Yutani mercenaries by the boatload. Seriously, forget the Aliens. This game is about killing people. - Acid Blood doesn't hurt - Unless
    The game is crap.
    - Aliens that either rush right at you or stand motionless
    - Aliens that rush up to you, strike once, then idle
    - Acid Blood doesn't hurt
    - Unless it's specifically chosen as a weapon, in which case it mystically hurts
    - Remember the first sign Alien 4: Resurrection would suck? The alien in a glass cage that lets you see every orifice? This game does it too! WITH EVERY VARIANT, including the ones not yet seen.
    - Xeno variants that couldn't have possibly been bred. What? Why are they spitting acid? How did a facehugger impregnate a rhinoceros?!
    - Graphics suck, unlike the graphics they sold preorders on.
    - Duke Nukem Forever made an Aliens game worse. I mean are you for ****ing real?
    - Fire extinguishers react to your fire. By disappearing.
    - a chestburster farm in a lab... with 0 containment for the chestbursters. What do you do with xeno infested humans? Mercy kill. Nope, not these ones. They're made of iron.
    - Every single ongoing Weyland experiment fails catastrophically as soon as you look at it.
    - Oh a captive queen. How quaint. Oh look, she suddenly figured out how to break free. She's smashing the glass to get at me! Uh oh, she broke through the glass! Phew, she gave up.
    - Aliens for the most part cannot transition surfaces while climbing. No clue why. If you want to get onto the ceiling, you need an app for that. Oh sorry, I meant a 'perk'.
    - controls randomly invert when climbing as an alien. Yes, ALL of them. Because wall movement wasn't hard enough.
    - Xeno pounces have a wonderful 5% chance of failing, leaving your lurker pinning down a marine until either the match ends or another player comes along and either kills you or steals your kill.
    - Claymore mines can be dropped instantly, and while in the midst of another animation. Lurker just pinned you and about to chew off your face? No problem. RETROACTIVE CLAYMORE!
    - You can also sit on your claymores, because strangely they just don't hurt humies.
    - Challenge order. Bizarre. Three challenge types, one of each on offer at any given time. Usually the hardest ones straight at the beginning.
    - There's a mission where PMC's and Weyland techs run from your team despite superior numbers. They escape through doors in the side of the ship. Looking out a window you notice they are doors directly to space.
    - Super weapon backpack. You have access to something like 16 weapons and 4 tacticals and thousands of rounds plus secondary rounds on you at all times. D&D did it first!
    - There are 9 multiplayer maps split between 4 game modes. On many of the maps, you could smell an opponents fart on the opposite end.
    - Mapping orbs! "Look, we can Prometheus, too!" exclaims Randy Prichford with a piggish squeal. "ugh" exclaims you, whose quite sick of the half-assed 'nods' without any obvious love for the material.
    - PRE RENDERED cut scenes! WOW! Why did developers stop doing this? I mean, the gamer was never immersed in the first place so you don't have to worry about that jarring transition, the 12 frames per second of the video is TOTALLY unnoticeable if you pack in enough ACTION!!!, and frankly, We miss running a server-farm for weeks to render this junk.

Ok. I'm out of obvious things. You guys take it from here.
  27. Feb 15, 2013
    I'm not going to write a long review, all I have to say about this horrid pile of steaming crab has been said before.

False marketing, bait and switch. Everyone involved should have their companies and assets seized.
  28. Feb 19, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It's the worst game in terms of gameplay that I've played in the last several years. If you're going to buy this game, wait a few months for it to plummet in price. I'm sure Valve will be selling it for pennies on the dollar soon enough. I've waited for this game for years, preordered based on the demos, and was really looking forward to it. What was released wasDO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It's the worst game in terms of gameplay that I've played in the last several years. If you're going to buy this game, wait a few months for it to plummet in price. I'm sure Valve will be selling it for pennies on the dollar soon enough. I've waited for this game for years, preordered based on the demos, and was really looking forward to it. What was released was a subpar shooter, with below average graphics and terrible netcode. The horror aspect? It really struck me as I realized my friends and I had spend $150 on this game.

I am so irritated about the 3 hours of gameplay in this game and the awful multiplayer that I'm not going to be buying either Gearbox or Sony for a while.
  29. Feb 14, 2013
    If your an Aliens fan like me then AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! The story is so pathetically put together that it doesn't even have an explanation that links this game to the movies. It's like no research went into making it in the first place! The characters are so uninteresting and their AI is incredibly DUMB. The aliens AI is so stupid that it basically runs at you straight past the dumbIf your an Aliens fan like me then AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!! The story is so pathetically put together that it doesn't even have an explanation that links this game to the movies. It's like no research went into making it in the first place! The characters are so uninteresting and their AI is incredibly DUMB. The aliens AI is so stupid that it basically runs at you straight past the dumb NPC who is closer! Aliens even get stuck doing what they 're good at, clinging to walls! The level design is appalling! It's like a CoD game where you keep pushig forward. The graphics are so, soo, sooo dated! Even the collisions aren't working, with aliens running right through NPCs and bullets impacting on, well nothing! Coop is a joke! Other players somehow mysteriously teleport in from nowhere and have no idea what they should be doing, except shooting. Multiplayer is probably the only thing that is good about this game, but even that is flawed. No dedicated servers, imbalanced matchmaking system and in the right hands an alien can be OP because they can see through walls! From Borderlands 2 to this? Gearbox, You need to shift up to 6th because this is unacceptable!! Expand
  30. Feb 18, 2013
    Visuals are weak, getting better on LV-426, but still bad.
    It's not about the graphics, it's the atmosphere.
    And it doesn't feel like an Aliens related game at all. Aliens are weak and they seem to be missing ragdoll physics whatsoever. They get stuck inside walls and they melt like if they were vampires. Stormtroopers attack was a surprise, silencers on pulse rifles were unnecessary.
    Visuals are weak, getting better on LV-426, but still bad.
    It's not about the graphics, it's the atmosphere.
    And it doesn't feel like an Aliens related game at all.
    Aliens are weak and they seem to be missing ragdoll physics whatsoever.
    They get stuck inside walls and they melt like if they were vampires.
    Overall it's not a total disaster, the intro sequence was good, Henriksen and Biehn presence was also a good sign, but it all ended before it started. P.S. A good game for 10-15$.
  31. Feb 12, 2013
    Well they ruined another aliens games. After AVP2010 I thought I had surely seen the worst. NOPE. They somehow managed to spend 6 years making a terrible game on par with bargain bin trash from 6 years ago. With an IP this great I don't understand how it's so consistently hard for these morons to make a decent or great game. Hell, they could update AVP1999 with a modern engine and it'd beWell they ruined another aliens games. After AVP2010 I thought I had surely seen the worst. NOPE. They somehow managed to spend 6 years making a terrible game on par with bargain bin trash from 6 years ago. With an IP this great I don't understand how it's so consistently hard for these morons to make a decent or great game. Hell, they could update AVP1999 with a modern engine and it'd be 100 times better than A:CM or AVP2010. Somehow they've regressed in 14 years. The AVP1999 had environmentally deformed explosions. What does this have? Hit markers, non-location based damage, and clunky, BORING gameplay. Good job gearbox, you've managed to make a surprisingly bad game.

As far as all those people rating it 10, or higher than 3 or 4 at the most, they're just self-deluding individuals suffering from a bad case of buyer's remorse. Denial is part of their coping mechanism. Over time they too will progress to anger at how crappy this game turned out.

1. PC Master (Greece)