7.4

1. Oct 24, 2014
    Este es un título que merece ser mencionado, en la historia de ambas franquicias cinematográficas.
    El juego tiene tres campañas donde brilla principalmente por su ambientación, animación y efectos. Faltó mas interacción con el entorno, cosa que no explotaron en buena medida, además de muy poca duración aún siendo tres.
    Se aprecia en gran medida la jugabilidad de tres distintas formas,
    Se aprecia en gran medida la jugabilidad de tres distintas formas, una para cada especie, que fueron aceptables.
    El fuerte es su multijugador, una combinación de acción y diversión sin límite...
    En efecto no es un título perfecto, pero en comparación del desastroso Aliens Colonial Marines es una obra maestra. 100% recomendado ya que todos los jugones vuelven a este título aún pasado todo este tiempo, para olvidar ese mal sabor de boca que nos dejó a todos Colonial marines.
  2. Oct 10, 2013
    The best Aliens vs Predator francische I have ever played in my life...Way better than Aliens Damned Marines...This game is a must buy!There are still online players playing it.
  3. May 25, 2013
    Great combo game, its got a total of 3 games all into one.. You can play as the predator, alien or the soldier so very cool. SEGA? Excellent work on this and on Aliens Colonial Marines
  4. Jun 27, 2012
    I'm not sure why this game got such a low META score. It's fun, looks great, and is as good as any other FPS in this genera. I saw the low Meta score at first and waited until it went on sale for $2.99, but I'm very pleased with the game.
  5. Jan 24, 2012
    This is a very atmospheric, beautiful and terrifying game. Especially in DX11 graphics. But most of all, it's extremely fun to play online. It has dedicated servers and setting up a game of your own works fine. A lot of people have mics and it has an easy oneclick mute function for those annoying people. Species Team Deathmatch, Predator Hunt and Infestation are extremely fun. The threeThis is a very atmospheric, beautiful and terrifying game. Especially in DX11 graphics. But most of all, it's extremely fun to play online. It has dedicated servers and setting up a game of your own works fine. A lot of people have mics and it has an easy oneclick mute function for those annoying people. Species Team Deathmatch, Predator Hunt and Infestation are extremely fun. The three different species handle very differently from one another. It might seem unbalanced at first, but when you start understanding how to play as the different species you can win with any of them. As an Alien you can get incredible speed and jump from wall to wall with ease once you've mastered it(it's a bit disorienting in the beginning) Thanks to this you can surprise flank your enemies and outmanouver them. Great sense of freedom and power when you get good at it.

Marines are slow but powerful and together they can be quite hard to kill with their firepower and ability to block lighter attacks. The iconic motion tracker is spooky as usual and not always reliable. They are scary to play as and do well when together in a group.

Predators are arguably the most dangerous species but they can't take that much damage. Stealth, strength and awesome weaponry and gadgets from the movies that are differently hard to master makes this the most versatile species to play as.

I highly recommend this game if you are into multiplayer :) The single player is good practice and it has interesting story elements that add to the universe of AVP but the characters are flat, boring and it's over very quickly.
  6. Sep 27, 2011
    I played the second AvP game and desparately want to get it into my library even though I only experienced the Alien campaign the whole way through and only about halfway through the Predator campaign. While with this new release of AvP, there is a very clear distinction of what is not here between the two games: Levels. If you knew what you was doing and knew how to do it precisely on theI played the second AvP game and desparately want to get it into my library even though I only experienced the Alien campaign the whole way through and only about halfway through the Predator campaign. While with this new release of AvP, there is a very clear distinction of what is not here between the two games: Levels. If you knew what you was doing and knew how to do it precisely on the hardest difficulty, you could beat the new installment of AvP in so little time on the Alien campaign. What I really wished to see in the new installement was to go through the Alien life-cycle because that was so much fun to do. Locate the isolated host and then burst through his chest followed by having to sneak by the USCMC to feed in order to molt into your adult stage. That is what I missed in the new installment but it is minor in comparison to the levels that were missing that could've been included. Instead though, we get top grade graphics which visually impress me and gameplay that is very easy learn and tactics that must be utilized that are somewhat similar to Metal Gear Solid series, from MGS3 and up on consoles. I've only lightly brushed into multiplayer and I've found being the Aliens in multiplayer games not as bad as I've read it. Certainly there are not a lot of dark maps that are geared to give Aliens the advantage but you can at least destroy light sources that make it harder for enemy players to spot you which from what I read is what many of the players forget that the Aliens can do. The ability to "sneak" up behind an enemy, USCMC and Predator alike, and kill them with a stealth kill is empowering to the player performing the stealth kill and said player can quickly get away for another stealth kill provided the slayed player's buddy(ies) are not pay attention to what is happening. There should've been a "save your friend" mechanic in the multiplayer. What I mean by this is that if you noticed your friend about to be stealth/trophy killed you should be able to shoot the alien/predator down before the kill your friend to save your his life. Dedicated servers should also be set up to lower ping similar to what Valve does with their servers. Despite the flaws, I rate this game a 10/10. Expand
  7. Jul 13, 2011
    Being able to play as the alien has to be, by far, the best way to play this game. Playing as the space marine was kind of boring to me and the predator seemed either too easy or too difficult.
  8. Jun 30, 2011
    I actually created my metacritic account just to rate this game as I feel the score is unfairly low. Admittedly when I first picked it up I did not like it all that much either - it initially felt a bit old-school, the menus look old and the gameplay, even as a veteran gamer, was stressful to master. So it gathered dust for a while.

Now I have given it another go and suddenly it comes

Now I have given it another go and suddenly it comes off as absolutely brilliant ! If u take the time to look the DX11 graphics are very-very beautiful, detailed and atmospheric. The sounds are authentic, very intense and create a stressful mood. The animation work on the aliens as they move along the ceilings and walls is superb and you feel very alone and frantic as they come from multiple angles.

Incredibly I cannot play the game more than a couple of hours at a time before needing a break for the sensory system. However, it is an experience to savour. Fans of AVP should not hesitate as quality-wise it is hands and feet above usual movie-tie ins. Just get through the first couple of missions and embrace the stress: From then onward it is a brilliant shooter brimming with atmosphere.

Vastly underrated.
  9. Jun 22, 2011
    Great visuals, fun gameplay, enjoyable storyline. This game has something for everybody, the marine campaign is like halo while the predator campaign is like chronicles of riddick games. As for the alien I cannot think of anything like it. I can spend hours playing through the campaigns and then jump into multiplayer with some friends for loads of fun. I cannot say how much this is worthGreat visuals, fun gameplay, enjoyable storyline. This game has something for everybody, the marine campaign is like halo while the predator campaign is like chronicles of riddick games. As for the alien I cannot think of anything like it. I can spend hours playing through the campaigns and then jump into multiplayer with some friends for loads of fun. I cannot say how much this is worth purchasing especially with the low price it is now. (I would give it an 8 but some people were giving it a 0 when they said in the review it deserves a 4 so yeah) Expand
  10. May 5, 2011
    Firstly, AvP multiplayer is a blast. And yes, I'm talking about the Sega version from 2010. I've never played such an intense PvP game, and it's great from all classes. I figured it would be imbalanced, but all three races can play well, once you learn how to play. Marines are at a disadvantage in close range, but you need teammates. The main problem is that not many people play onlineFirstly, AvP multiplayer is a blast. And yes, I'm talking about the Sega version from 2010. I've never played such an intense PvP game, and it's great from all classes. I figured it would be imbalanced, but all three races can play well, once you learn how to play. Marines are at a disadvantage in close range, but you need teammates. The main problem is that not many people play online now, which is a shame. The hosting system is a bit confusing, but tolerable. It's a consolized version, similar to Halo 3, which is strange on PC but I can accept it, given the quality of gameplay. Weapons are not handed out in large numbers, but the basics are there, and we really don't need 27 different versions of the same assault rifle like in some other games.
    Single-player is not bad, the story is interesting so far, and it's not a bad length. Most of all, I have to say the graphics are amazing, and everything runs smoothly. It's not a cheap console port or anything, everything seems very optimized and runs great in Dx10. The story may not be too long, but I think they wanted people in multiplayer too, instead of just the story. I feel the story compares to AvP 2. I also feel the game is very good, despite claims otherwise, and worth picking up. If you like FPS and intensity in your combat, where you really can die easily, look into it. It's averaging $20 which is a great price for the amount of game included.
  11. Apr 6, 2011
    The best AvP game ever, better than AvP 1, Gold, Avp 2 and Primal Hunt for. This is the first AvP game whit realistic combat system, the history line is superb, the multiplayer is solid and funny and the species as perffect recreated. The graphics at the same time are brutal whit DX11
  12. Jan 4, 2011
    Such a shame to see a game lose so many sales because of bad reviews, this is a fantastic title, great graphics and controls, as well as fabulous sound design! Great Job Rebellion!
  13. Jan 3, 2011
    To me this game was the greatest of the AVP series. I absolutely loved it! I like playing the 3 stories and the survivor mode. Plus online was very fun. Graphics are just amazing and game-play is great. I think this was one of the greatest games ever created for AVP. The only sad part was that there we're not many servers. I suggest this game!
  14. Dec 1, 2010
    Very great game! I bought it 2 days ago and I have to say that I have been really enjoying the gameplay. Predator and Alien campaing offer gore and gameplay no other game can offer. The fact that you can brutally kill every oponent with some incredibly sick ways is great. But its not all mindless gore and ripping heads apart, oh no, you stil have to build a strategi, for example on theVery great game! I bought it 2 days ago and I have to say that I have been really enjoying the gameplay. Predator and Alien campaing offer gore and gameplay no other game can offer. The fact that you can brutally kill every oponent with some incredibly sick ways is great. But its not all mindless gore and ripping heads apart, oh no, you stil have to build a strategi, for example on the Alien campaign you got to smash out lights so you can be unseed, and on predator you can lure enemies away from their party and take them out one by one. Overall this game has nice graphics either on DX9 or DX11, it does not really mater, the achievements are also nice to get and the singleplayer offers a great experience no other game has.
    Now to the Multiplayer! I have to say that the multiplayer is just not worth it, the aliens are very hard to control, and everyone is just looking to brutally kill everyone and another disadvantage this game has is that you are STUCK while you finish your oponnent that means you are vulnerable for every attack for about 3-4 seconds so watch out how and when you kill your enemy. You can also choose from 3 various races (Human, Alien, Predator) and various skins for every race just to enhance gameplay. Multiplayer is not great.
  15. Nov 21, 2010
    Great game, very enjoyable ripping a marines head out of his stomach with his spine still attached.
    Has a very nice single-player that has a good 6 hours if all campaigns are mixed together.
    Multi-player is a action packed, fun experience that will keep you going for hours and hours.
    Definitely a game rated 10 out of 10.
  16. Nov 17, 2010
    Great atmospheric graphics on PC. Runs on full graphics using laptop with i7 and HD 5730 1GB graphics (1366 x 768). Much of the atmosphere would be lost on minimum specs without all the additional graphics (check the requirements before purchase). Just passable graphics on xbox 360 and PS3 (in comparison to PC options - I have both consoles and borrowed the console versions of theGreat atmospheric graphics on PC. Runs on full graphics using laptop with i7 and HD 5730 1GB graphics (1366 x 768). Much of the atmosphere would be lost on minimum specs without all the additional graphics (check the requirements before purchase). Just passable graphics on xbox 360 and PS3 (in comparison to PC options - I have both consoles and borrowed the console versions of the game).

Best atmosphere and storyline found when playing the marine campaign. I found playing a little in my lunch break could be a little too intense for a 'break'. The motion sensor can cause you to search the shadows. This is further enhanced with the great sound effects that pay the movie franchises homage.

The additional campaign options of alien and predator set this game aside from most. Something they first achieved with the original two games (AvP and AvP2). The story lines are not as strong. However, learning the different characters and styles keeps you interested. The predator is most effective following a methodological attack and stealth approach and it is best to make use of the focus jump to take advantage, sneak around or get the out of a swarm of aliens or marine bullets. On the other hand, the alien takes a bit to get used to. The ability to crawl over walls and ceilings is fantastic but also tests your sense of direction and 'which way is up'. The aiming reticule works well to assist - use it. Not as fast as AvP but still fun to sneak up and claw a marine. Don't forget to search out and use the shadows.

This game has received several bad reviews. I say WHY? I agree - not being able to crouch is annoying. But why pick on a game for re-using maps when the story line overlaps. Most re-used maps are used in a different way and set an appropriate time line in relation to the other campaigns. I have also never experienced any bugs (apart from the aliens) - although I only recently got into it and allowed steam to keep it up to date (I may have missed them). In addition - I haven't checked out the multi-player yet - so no relative judgement. GREAT USE OF DIRECT X 11 - worth upgrading your graphics card - not too expensive to pick up a DX 11 card that would run this game now.

Overall - I enjoyed it. A great break from war shooters with great atmosphere and graphics. I look forward to the potential sequel and would love the idea of an expansion - using the same engine just extending the campaigns.

I had trouble deciding on a 9 or 10 rating. A little more work on the alien story line with some additional guidance on objectives would solve the occasional 'how the hell do you get there' frustration (not really a problem for the marine or predator - but then they don't crawl over walls or ceilings and duck through mazes of vents). Really worth a 9.5 for me :)
  17. Oct 31, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a very excellent game. Graphics great. Anyone who has a previous version, this one should not miss the collection. Individual campaigns are short while but it is certainly worth ,visiting hrní in ,:pe00ople.-_ Expand
  18. JeremyW
    Apr 11, 2010
    I am a HUGE fan of AVP Gold (1999) and AVP2, and was actually surprised that they pulled this off. I wasn't expecting anything great from Rebellion but I was shocked to see that they actually did this right. The rock-paper-scissors style melee feels right (most of the time) and the classes extremely balanced. I've seen myself spend hours upon hours in a single server (they have I am a HUGE fan of AVP Gold (1999) and AVP2, and was actually surprised that they pulled this off. I wasn't expecting anything great from Rebellion but I was shocked to see that they actually did this right. The rock-paper-scissors style melee feels right (most of the time) and the classes extremely balanced. I've seen myself spend hours upon hours in a single server (they have a dedicated server browser now!). The single player is great. Predator feels strong, alien fragile and fast, and marine terrifying. Over 6 hours in each campaign. That's 18+ hours. Some reviewers are expecting a call of duty type game with every shooter out... this is not that. It's much more to master and get a hold of. I only scrutinize it on the fact that the ranks mean nothing due to skins doing absolutely nothing... they could have taken some ideas from AVP2 in that area. REMEMBER: It has a dedicated server list now under player match. It's excellent. 9.5/10 Right on Rebellion. Expand
  19. KyleF
    Apr 1, 2010
    This game is awesome. The graphics were good not awesome but good. But game play wise this game knocks it out of the park! My heart was racing when I had my first AvP fight and Quite frankly I am still excited from the fight. The alien campaign was one of my favorite campaign of all time next to half-life . The Predator was Predator good not nearly as awesome as the alien campaign but I This game is awesome. The graphics were good not awesome but good. But game play wise this game knocks it out of the park! My heart was racing when I had my first AvP fight and Quite frankly I am still excited from the fight. The alien campaign was one of my favorite campaign of all time next to half-life . The Predator was Predator good not nearly as awesome as the alien campaign but I still enjoined de-spineing . marines nonetheless . Marine was awesome to. Multilayer was fast paced and had lots of modes. This could be one of the best games rebellion has made! Expand
  20. JeffB
    Mar 29, 2010
    People without Directx 11 will not get the effect that the game is intended for. With the new Tesselation, the game feels so much like the Aliens movie that it is not even funny. People complaining about the environment or crashing simply do not have the technology that this game was intended for. I do recommend getting it if you loved AvP2. I also recommend getting it if you have a People without Directx 11 will not get the effect that the game is intended for. With the new Tesselation, the game feels so much like the Aliens movie that it is not even funny. People complaining about the environment or crashing simply do not have the technology that this game was intended for. I do recommend getting it if you loved AvP2. I also recommend getting it if you have a directx 11 card. I give it a 9 just because of the lack of multiplayer players online. Usually only 3-5 as of March 2010. If you are going to buy it, I would say wait until it goes on sale on Steam for $20. The game is worth at least that much, but not the $50. I Purchased it for $33 and find it a good investment. Overall, it looks like the multiplayer will eventually die out like The Ship did. But, the singleplayer and Directx 11 features put it in the new graphic genre quite well. Expand
  21. TonyF
    Mar 21, 2010
    Beautiful graphics and interesting story line. I control for the alien are a little bulky and could have streamed line a little more for easier transitions also the audio tapes for the marine mission are a pain to listen to. But overall this is an excellent game.
  22. JohnF.
    Mar 20, 2010
    Probably the most fun I've had in a long time. I had played the demo and found that most of my skepticism was washed away as the multiplayer just blew my mind. I promptly purchased the game, going against the mediocre ratings. The single player is more or less there to learn how to play. Like in Chromehounds, the single player offered little or no story (That anyone would care about) Probably the most fun I've had in a long time. I had played the demo and found that most of my skepticism was washed away as the multiplayer just blew my mind. I promptly purchased the game, going against the mediocre ratings. The single player is more or less there to learn how to play. Like in Chromehounds, the single player offered little or no story (That anyone would care about) and was more or less training mode. The multi-player was the big part of this game for me. It's a whole new experience in the FPS realm. It's fun and addicting once you get the hang of each race. The lag isn't as bad as everyone says it is, and many people are constantly under rating this game because they compare it to titles of a completely different genre like cod 4. Most of the games top producers have been putting out these days are mediocre at best. L4D2 was terrible in my opinion, but I played the first one and loved it. Yet it received critical acclaim and is considered a great title. AvP comes along and gets bashed from people who don't think that it's 'scary'. It's as though people just think AvP and think of something terrible (Probably due to all of their flops). People just aren't looking in the right direction for this game. It's a shame that AvP will be buried at the bargain bin not even a few months from now. Expand
  23. BP
    Mar 17, 2010
    First off I'm voting 10 to bring the score up a bit as I don't think it deserves the current 68. The game has it's flaws, the dialogs stink, and there's a persistent occasional game freeze that seems to happen to me and many others, but overall, the game is fun and the multiplayer is a blast when you can actually get in a match. The controls are somewhat clunky at First off I'm voting 10 to bring the score up a bit as I don't think it deserves the current 68. The game has it's flaws, the dialogs stink, and there's a persistent occasional game freeze that seems to happen to me and many others, but overall, the game is fun and the multiplayer is a blast when you can actually get in a match. The controls are somewhat clunky at first, but get to be second nature after you've mastered their quirks, overall I give the game a 7.5. It's a good game, but they could have done better. Expand
  24. MeD
    Mar 16, 2010
    For me, the new AvP is one of the best games i ever played... Many people do not like it, because its a game you have to learn to play. The real gamefun is revealed when you master the controls perfectly. A lot of players become frustrated very fast, when they are killed by someone who knows how to play. So the complaining starts about imbalance etc. But i can say, there is no imbalance For me, the new AvP is one of the best games i ever played... Many people do not like it, because its a game you have to learn to play. The real gamefun is revealed when you master the controls perfectly. A lot of players become frustrated very fast, when they are killed by someone who knows how to play. So the complaining starts about imbalance etc. But i can say, there is no imbalance at all. For me it feels like every class is "overpowered"... so its equal! :D I can win the matches no matter which class I'm playing. Depending on the classes the gameplay feels totally different. Know your strength and know your weakness, then you might succeed. Singleplayer: Of course singleplayer is short if you start it on "normal" (like most ppl do)... the Singleplayer is meant to be played on nightmare (or at least hard), because then it shows all of its potential. You have to act like the aliens or Predators in the movie. Rambo-Rush wont work. I like the atmosphere, but it should be more scary though. Multiplayer for sure the best about AvP. It is a lot of fun and offers many different Gamemodes. As long as you have skill you will not be bored playin em. Otherwise it could be frustrating to play predator hunt. Anyway, it has not enough maps (yet). Could be more! The dedicated servers are still in beta (17.03.10) so you have often lags and other problems. But at least it has dedicated servers, not like other modern games. The menu and server browser needs improvement as well. Anyway all this does not spoil the fun the gameplay offers... Graphics are awesome and the game runs totally smooth for me... I was a great fan of the AvP2, and now its AvP2010 which is my favorite! PS: the "crouch" argumentation is so dull... are you also complaining if new games do not have bullet-time? cause its a feature that many shooters have, why not others as well!? Crouch is not needed for this fast shooter with many melee elements. Though i have to admit it would be sometimes nice to have it. Expand
  25. StephenH
    Mar 15, 2010
    True to the AvP name, you can be a marine, an alien or a predator. The story is nothing special but you're not here to watch a movie, you're here to play a game! This game does some things no other game does but most won't care about that. The campaigns are relatively predictable but that's not a bad thing: nobody's ever given a Mario game a bad review because you True to the AvP name, you can be a marine, an alien or a predator. The story is nothing special but you're not here to watch a movie, you're here to play a game! This game does some things no other game does but most won't care about that. The campaigns are relatively predictable but that's not a bad thing: nobody's ever given a Mario game a bad review because you rescue the princess. Ironically, as a marine you kinda to that. The predator is restoring honor & the alien is following the queen's orders. A few of the neat things in the game I haven't seen anywhere else: you've got legs! your "body" actually impacts the world (try being against the wall as an alien & turning around), you can get knocked down (again, you see your body). Seems they went pretty far in making it so you interact with things in the game in more then a "shoot & push button" way. Only complaints I have (which I can overlook): predator is to weak compared to previous games, the marines have less firepower vs previous games (which would seem to compensate the weaker predator), aliens are stronger vs previous games (but won't swarm you in the dozens), marine/predator SP AI could be better. Expand
  26. TristynN
    Mar 11, 2010
    This game is very fun and could be better than it is alot of people online and anywhere in the game for that matter have lost the idea of the game Preadators search and destroy Humans defend themselves And Xenomorphs lurk in shadows waiting for some poor victum to die. Online play should be more darkened than it is and vision needs more restriction for humans and aliens. but all around This game is very fun and could be better than it is alot of people online and anywhere in the game for that matter have lost the idea of the game Preadators search and destroy Humans defend themselves And Xenomorphs lurk in shadows waiting for some poor victum to die. Online play should be more darkened than it is and vision needs more restriction for humans and aliens. but all around this game is definately worth playing. Expand
  27. AnthonyF
    Mar 9, 2010
    Great update to a classic title. Like one of the reviewers said, you will feel like you're playing an old-school game, but that's not a bad thing. On Dx11 the visuals shine but the Dx9 version is a little underwhelming. Single player doesn't take very long to complete and doensn't have an innovative story but is good at introducing you to all the gameplay concepts. Great update to a classic title. Like one of the reviewers said, you will feel like you're playing an old-school game, but that's not a bad thing. On Dx11 the visuals shine but the Dx9 version is a little underwhelming. Single player doesn't take very long to complete and doensn't have an innovative story but is good at introducing you to all the gameplay concepts. Multiplayer is really where this game shines. The 6 modes are very well constructed and play to the various combat techniques of the three species. The only problem with multiplayer, now that dedicated servers have been released, is that there are only 6 maps right now. But this is about to be changed as Rebellion is releasing a map pack soon and a mod kit has been promised. Great game from a talanted developer, here's hoping for a sequal. Expand
  28. MikeM
    Mar 8, 2010
    This game the best for a fan, i'm a fan Aliens vs. Predator Universe and this game amazed me when i saw her at first time. But for other, this game far far not the best. Martin(my friend) don't knew about Aliens vs. Predator Universe, but when he played in this game at first time, that this game amazed him. Don't know what they are think about this game, but i should say This game the best for a fan, i'm a fan Aliens vs. Predator Universe and this game amazed me when i saw her at first time. But for other, this game far far not the best. Martin(my friend) don't knew about Aliens vs. Predator Universe, but when he played in this game at first time, that this game amazed him. Don't know what they are think about this game, but i should say what game should be rating to ten of ten scores. Expand
  29. StevenW
    Mar 4, 2010
    The game puts you in a super cool feeling flair like the old games! the graphic is cool and you cant want many new features, because in the world of avp are no new features! the marine uses his guns, the alien and predator hunts down his prey like ever! you can only put some new weapons or anything like this into the game, everything other would destroy the feelings, the flair! avp is The game puts you in a super cool feeling flair like the old games! the graphic is cool and you cant want many new features, because in the world of avp are no new features! the marine uses his guns, the alien and predator hunts down his prey like ever! you can only put some new weapons or anything like this into the game, everything other would destroy the feelings, the flair! avp is what it still is a three Race battle for glory and the pure living! Expand
  30. BryanM.
    Mar 1, 2010
    Phenomenal presentation for fans of the movies. Challenging gameplay, interesting dynamics. Beautiful graphics! Give this one a shot, the 'Official' reviews are horribly misguided.
  31. RyanH
    Mar 1, 2010
    I believe this to be a worthy re-incarnation of a much loved franchise and i feel it captures the feel of the movies, especially aliens 2. from the beginning it felt as though i was reunited with an old friend and in my opinion any fan of either series will enjoy this one.
  32. AndrewL.
    Feb 26, 2010
    Iv had this game since 17th feb and i have to say iv had a BLAST. yes there are lots of bugs going around in the game but im sure rebellion/sega will sort these issues in time. The graphics are decent, also gameplay, but the AI is a let down. im a big fan of Avp so i LOVE IT. game Rocks!!!!!!
  33. JohnDoe
    Feb 25, 2010
    Personally this game gave me everything I wanted to receive from it, I thoroughly enjoyed the single player missions, It all stays true to alien and predator canon, some of the scenes within the game reminded me so much of the Alien Dark Horse comics. The graphics are impressive considering how well the games performs. It has been little under a week after the games was released (in the Personally this game gave me everything I wanted to receive from it, I thoroughly enjoyed the single player missions, It all stays true to alien and predator canon, some of the scenes within the game reminded me so much of the Alien Dark Horse comics. The graphics are impressive considering how well the games performs. It has been little under a week after the games was released (in the UK) and there has already been 1 patch released, while a second patch is due to be released on Monday 1st of March. Despite many complains of the lack of dedicated servers many people have already managed to play the multiplayer easily, many reaching up to level 40 and above, obviously DLC support is going to be introduced later in the game, so that makes it work keeping an eye on. The controls are fluid, especially as the alien, transitioning from wall to ceiling and back to the floor again couldn't be easier, balancing is near perfect, each species has their own specialty, making the MP environment extremely tense, never knowing what could be around the next corner. The combat system is innovative, making skill as a fighter count, spamming any old attack button will end up leaving you being slaughtered constantly, fast reactions and orientation are all important in this game. Lighting is fantastic, single player makes great use of it, from being able to make intense, frantic moments to being able to instill caution into the player as a shadow of an alien is cast on a wall as it is gnawing on a corpse of a fallen comrade around the next corner. Complaints with lack of innovation are absurd, yes they are rehashing some of the gameplay atmosphere from previous AVP games but that's simply because they were innovative then, and they're still innovative today. There is still much to be said about this game, but all in all I think this is easily the best representation of the Alien vs Predator universe in a video game that has graced the space on my hard drive, and that's why I think it deserves a 9/10. Expand
  34. MarkW
    Feb 24, 2010
    Rebellion did a fantastic job with this game. The single player expierence is dead on accurate with the lore and feel of the movies and each species offer a distinctly different feel making for an exciting expierence. Fans will enjoy this game. Multiplayer is quite fun though requires some balancing and tweaking to make perfect. But what game doesnt when it comes out? Your not the Rebellion did a fantastic job with this game. The single player expierence is dead on accurate with the lore and feel of the movies and each species offer a distinctly different feel making for an exciting expierence. Fans will enjoy this game. Multiplayer is quite fun though requires some balancing and tweaking to make perfect. But what game doesnt when it comes out? Your not the Invulnerable Master Chief. You are required to think and consider the opponant you are fighting. Expand
  35. FrederikM
    Feb 24, 2010
    Super graphics with my VGA Radeon 5850 1GB X-pack, good linestory and full of action, good waponary. I have played the game at all 4-difficult levels, trying out at the latest Pyramid-mission, by taking de datapad and shooting thru the head of Wyland...the game starts stuttering...and than it is impossible to finish the slot scene! So far I have tryed to find a patch without succes, so it Super graphics with my VGA Radeon 5850 1GB X-pack, good linestory and full of action, good waponary. I have played the game at all 4-difficult levels, trying out at the latest Pyramid-mission, by taking de datapad and shooting thru the head of Wyland...the game starts stuttering...and than it is impossible to finish the slot scene! So far I have tryed to find a patch without succes, so it is not possible for me to finish the game. Any solutions to solve the problem!? Expand
  36. LucaD.
    Feb 24, 2010
    When I first tried to play the game, I had some issues with it. After launching the game again in directX9, all problems were solved. And this game is just awesome! I've only played half of the predator campaign, and it's just epic. If you've seen any of the movies you will probably enjoy the game a bit more. The environments are very nicely made, the stealth kill When I first tried to play the game, I had some issues with it. After launching the game again in directX9, all problems were solved. And this game is just awesome! I've only played half of the predator campaign, and it's just epic. If you've seen any of the movies you will probably enjoy the game a bit more. The environments are very nicely made, the stealth kill animations are very gory, just the way I like it. I played the demo, but it's nothing compared to the full game. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but it can't be bad knowing that they put a lot of effort in the multiplayer, when the singleplayer is already a gift from the gods. I've read a lot of reviews about this game, but some of them are just ridiculous. I mean, just look at the users ratings and compare them to the metascore... Sure the game isn't perfect, but who or what is? I give this game a 9.5/10 Expand
  37. JeremyL
    Feb 23, 2010
    This game was spectacular in every way I possibly wanted it to be. Many people complain graphics and lighting was off, but you can't argue with that because your computer sucked (Owned.) The gaming for marine was exactly what I expected, if you played hard or nightmare of course. Through every corner even when there was no blinking motion detector, I was always scared. The This game was spectacular in every way I possibly wanted it to be. Many people complain graphics and lighting was off, but you can't argue with that because your computer sucked (Owned.) The gaming for marine was exactly what I expected, if you played hard or nightmare of course. Through every corner even when there was no blinking motion detector, I was always scared. The headhuggers always had me worried no matter what situation, and some aliens seemed to find you when you needed it the least. Acid blood was the best part, because even though it P****d you off, you still loved the enjoyable effect knowing you had to run like a chicken if they got to close to shoot. The flamethrower wasn't overpowered to the extreme like the first AVP, and the effect to make walls of flames were also brilliant, even though not much used. Going back to the Predator campaign, the story all the way through was great. Stealth hunting, mines, explosive cannons, a spear to own faces, and dont forget the most favorite (and unfortunently abused) disk of doom! As you progress through the predators story, you also realize you have to use better tactics or your going to die quite quickly. Everything was mostly needed or you could in fact be compromised quite easily. Not to mention the great amount of blood and guts introduced by pulling a marines head through his chest and looking in there eyes. Now for the Alien campaign, you couldn't feel more like a lethal weapon then what was given. Being sneaky, finding advantage points, and harvesting your prey, was all I needed. Every time I would harvest a civilian, or tear a victim to shreds, I felt the utmost satisfaction in knowing I completed the part I needed, not mentioning how I also felt so bad knowing I just shoved my tail through a marines rectum up through his throat and out his mouth. The story lines were a bit confusion though inbetween, but you realize it near the end. Overall I give this game a 9 out of 10, simply because they didn't include stranded from AVP 2000! P.s. - To all members of the AVP community and the people reading this - THe little bugs and glitches will be patched over time, and all them unfair advantages you call, weren't so unfair when you were doing them to others. Without the range on Aliens tail, the marines would eat Aliens instead. Without the preds health and abilitys, he would be a slow running alien, and without the marines motion sensor and gun, he would be a harvesting snack food. Expand
  38. JimiR
    Feb 23, 2010
    This game is amazing! brilliant graphics, ai and gameplay overall to perfection. They only bad thing I find in this game was the lag on multiplayer but I never play multiplayer on any game so it doesn't bug me. If I'd love multiplayer I'd put an 8. But as I love singleplayer more I just have to give a 10.
  39. MichalW
    Feb 22, 2010
    **Please note that I have collected 48/50 Steam Achievements(remaining 2 are for experience and for getting 49) for this game before reading this.** Not only does this game fulfill my fantasies,.... no that's about it. The game is gold, and it kills me to see these critics slander something they don't love. But good thing I don't care for critics that much. Anyone else that **Please note that I have collected 48/50 Steam Achievements(remaining 2 are for experience and for getting 49) for this game before reading this.** Not only does this game fulfill my fantasies,.... no that's about it. The game is gold, and it kills me to see these critics slander something they don't love. But good thing I don't care for critics that much. Anyone else that has followed the Alien/Predator franchise(s) like I have, and loves everything they respectfully have brought to the table, will absolutely adore this game. And people that have no clue what a Predator or a Alien is, will certainly go to H*ll, but will also get a ton of enjoyment out of this game. The single player campaign is short yes, but all 3 campaigns (1 for each of the 3 species, Alien/Marine/Predator) will take up a good portion of your days. Beating the game on Nightmare, which is no easy task to complete and deffinently not possible in just 1 day, makes those short campaigns a LOT longer. The Marine campaign gives you the eerie Doom 3 feeling when walking through dark places with Aliens rushing you from all over. The Alien campaign really justifies being called the Alien campaign. The Predator campaign makes you feel that every blaster shot is taking down one of Arnold's comrades. The multi-player REALLY is where the game is at, hands down. And for people that might say otherwise because of an imbalance between races, should try to learn how to play their species better. Also people that don't care for Death Match(which I honestly didn't until now) might speak differently after playing a couple hours of spear-chucking/gun-blazing/tail-spiking at peoples heads. Death Match is your standard mode with the twist of 3 species. Marines can't hold their guns to the ground forever because death most often comes from above. However Mixed Species and Species Death Match modes are different than what you would think them to be. For it often drives everyone (especially marines) to huddle together to stay alive, which makes you feel like your playing Left 4 Dead... except with Aliens. Domination is your standard hold 3 points for as long as you can while holding enough skill to combat 3 different species trying to take those points from you and your team. I keep saying 3 different species because it takes skill to change your playstyle when facing off with any of the 3, plus uncommon differences from players. And for the icing on top of the cake, the reason why a majority of people bought this game, is for these 3 modes... Infestation: Everyone spawns as Colonial Marines, feeling pretty macho as a group at first then getting your group dwindled down to a couple marines changes your opinion on that first feeling. Hunter: Like above everyone starts as marines, but one person is selected as a Predator instead of a Alien. Also the key difference between this and Infestation(besides the obvious) is that when people die they aren't turned into Predators, like in Infestation you would turn into an Alien to aid your persecutor, you would respawn and get the chance to kill that Predator. Also the person selected as Predator is random and every person that kills the Predator, gets the chance to be him. Survivor: 4 Colonial Marines try to fend off the unlimited horde of Aliens that are sent in waves, but don't think you got time to heal, reload and gather supplies before the next wave is already on top of you. Expand
  40. JustinO
    Feb 22, 2010
    Personaly, ilike this game, they have out done themselves with this one, not only did they get a sense of fear behind the single player campagin but they have displayed the human, predator and alien races as they should be, i rated 9 and thats only because my multiplayer doesnt work.
  41. BrianR
    Feb 21, 2010
    Great game. The Multiplayer game play is great, thus the high rating, however the Single Player lacks gameplay time, and a good feel. Online you tend to hear tons of mic studdering, long waiting times to get in a game, and most annoying, tons of lag while your in the game, due to lack of dedicated servers. Great job though, we hope with time, comes improvements!
  42. JamesH.
    Feb 21, 2010
    I can not believe the ratings some of these big shot game sites have given this game. I have played all the AVP games and I am a die hard fan of the Aliens and the Predators. Single player on this game wasn't exactly challenging but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun either. Creeping along as a marine not knowing when something is going to sneak up behind you, it was quite I can not believe the ratings some of these big shot game sites have given this game. I have played all the AVP games and I am a die hard fan of the Aliens and the Predators. Single player on this game wasn't exactly challenging but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun either. Creeping along as a marine not knowing when something is going to sneak up behind you, it was quite intense. And as the alien you felt a need to sneak and crawl and the satisfactory feeling when you pounce on your prey. And fellas, the predator tops it all.. It just doesn't get old pulling heads off. Along with the awesome weapons you have to choose from. I found single player short, yet very enjoyable and satisfying. Multi-player was also fun as well, much more challenging than single player of course. Timing your blocks and strikes.. Making quick sprints for cover, the game just doesn't get old. I think they did a very good job of making this game, the graphics are beautiful along with all the effects. I give this game a 9 out of 10 because I would have liked the single player to have been longer, and the lack of dedicated servers. Expand
  43. LeonE
    Feb 20, 2010
    I loved this game. the graphics are amazing and theres loads of gore for the blood thristy people (like me) the predator gameplay uses stealth in some missions but not all the time which made it quite harder since it was hard to use the weapons you had since you didnt have much enegry. you would have to fight robots which was a bad idea because you couldnt discrat them therefore haveing I loved this game. the graphics are amazing and theres loads of gore for the blood thristy people (like me) the predator gameplay uses stealth in some missions but not all the time which made it quite harder since it was hard to use the weapons you had since you didnt have much enegry. you would have to fight robots which was a bad idea because you couldnt discrat them therefore haveing to fight them with claws which they have shotguns and machine guns and everything. the alien was bad i didnt understand a thing and its so hard. the marines were EPIC i love how you can get creeped out of where things were going to come from although you will be alone a lot if your not the team mates will die. alothough the single player is short the mulitplayer game was quite good. GOOD THINGS: There were loads of enjoyable gamemodes to choose from. there was co-op and competive gameplay. some teammates will work with you. there are customibale settings! BAD THINGS: It was soo hard to browse for a game and join. your teammates leave you to die. there is quite a bit of lag. but because iam a fan of the alien vs predator francise i will give this game a 9 out of 10 because i love playing as the predator annd using diffrent tactics to defeat the aliens and marines i would really reccomend this game to people reading this review. Expand
  44. JohnR
    Feb 20, 2010
    Ive played AVP since the first! So this game rocks! The graphics are some of the best i have ever seen. The AI are good. The story is easy to understand and the gameplay is easy to controle, if you are an average player. The achievements are easy too. There are still some difficulties. Especially if you play on Nightmare. So i dont see why you shouldn't buy this game. You may find it Ive played AVP since the first! So this game rocks! The graphics are some of the best i have ever seen. The AI are good. The story is easy to understand and the gameplay is easy to controle, if you are an average player. The achievements are easy too. There are still some difficulties. Especially if you play on Nightmare. So i dont see why you shouldn't buy this game. You may find it short, but thats because you might have the difficulty on easy or normal. This game rocks! Expand
  45. Jimmy
    Feb 20, 2010
    Aliens vs Predator 3 is a great game. I have just been mucking around on multiplayer and surivior modes are they are great. Muitlplayer is such a change from Call of Duty clones with the Alien and Predator in the game also being very balanced in the species. The predator has less weapons than it did in the previous games forcing them to use there wrist blades more often with the great Aliens vs Predator 3 is a great game. I have just been mucking around on multiplayer and surivior modes are they are great. Muitlplayer is such a change from Call of Duty clones with the Alien and Predator in the game also being very balanced in the species. The predator has less weapons than it did in the previous games forcing them to use there wrist blades more often with the great meele combat you can knock players on the ground, block attacks its not just alien claw spam like in the first two games. The Alien is very fun to play jumping from wall to wall waiting for a good time to attack. The alien can sense player through walls if they are close which is good because the alien can feel underpowered at times only having meele attacks. The marine is exciting to play as, most of the maps are quite dark and you have only a flashlight and motiontracker you never know when you are going to be attacked from. The trophey kills in the multiplayer is a cool idea because that would be what a alien or predator would have done if they were behind someone. it takes a few seconds to do the kill which leaves you wide open to attack so you have to make sure there is no one about before doing it or someone could kill you and the player you are killing. Another thing i love is that they have put in the survivor mode in which is like the skirmish from the first one but its not as crazy with waves of Aliens that get harder and smarter climbing on the walks and than attacking you and than running away and sneaking up on you again. Collapse
  46. MatthewR
    Feb 20, 2010
    Singleplayer - Interesting if not stellar story, that will keep you entertained with the game for many hours, when combined they took me ove 12 hours to complete on hard difficulty setting. All the campaigns felt very atmospheric, and had very memorable moments throughtout, defintly worth playing. Multiplayer - One of the best multiplayer releases for sheer fun factor alone. Infestation Singleplayer - Interesting if not stellar story, that will keep you entertained with the game for many hours, when combined they took me ove 12 hours to complete on hard difficulty setting. All the campaigns felt very atmospheric, and had very memorable moments throughtout, defintly worth playing. Multiplayer - One of the best multiplayer releases for sheer fun factor alone. Infestation and survior modes are both very very fun with friends. Currently no dedicated server support, but its on its way. The controls are good, and i have personally have no problems with them. The graphics are also good, if not AAA standard. They are hwoever, shored up by a brilliantly atmospheric lighting system. If you want a great, varied fps that has a unique singleplayer and multiplater experiance then get this game, but dont expect it to be the same gameplay as Call of Duty, it isnt. It surpasses the previous games in the series, and i can recommend it to anyone, especially fans of the series. Do not listen to negative reviews, pick up your copy! Expand
  47. MarkG
    Feb 19, 2010
    A great game with some flaws, but overall a very movie like experience, especially with the Alien and Predator. Too bad that they dumbed down the controls for the consoles, the lack of crouch is a very painful thing.
  48. DanielT
    Feb 19, 2010
    A fantastic game for the fans and people new to AvP alike. A semi original plot thats a tad short lived is made up for the multiplayer. A high amount of playability comes with this game, theres no way you can call AvP a "standard FPS" as most of the combat will be done in melee, the only true ranger being humans. The graphics throughout are impressive, especially the shadows and lighting, A fantastic game for the fans and people new to AvP alike. A semi original plot thats a tad short lived is made up for the multiplayer. A high amount of playability comes with this game, theres no way you can call AvP a "standard FPS" as most of the combat will be done in melee, the only true ranger being humans. The graphics throughout are impressive, especially the shadows and lighting, a high amount of attention was put into this game to make it look as dark and as grim as it should be. Learning to use your enviroment is what makes the gameplay as solid as it is, aliens hide in the shadows then bring the fight right out, preadators hide in plain sight and strike without notice and humans cautiously wait out the storm trying to survive. I highly recomend this game to players who enjoyed the original AvP, or who like games such as doom and such. With all that being said, if you dont enjoy the maddness of hunting being hunted or just trying to survive, you can always just chase your tail with the Xenomorph. Expand
  49. NathanG
    Feb 19, 2010
    It was SWEET! When I first entered the game, I noticed how many different things you can do! My favorite by far is the ALien, but the Predator is very strong when you have become familiar with it's functions. Who wants to be human? Pfft.
  50. Energy
    Feb 19, 2010
    Great game, Does justice to the legacy of the original. Unique, dark, scary, fun, many game modes and awesome graphics. The reviewers are way off better than the original.
  51. JohnJ
    Feb 18, 2010
    After getting over the fact that it's not an exact copy of Alien vs Predator 2, just with upgraded graphics, and enjoyed all the new feartures I really started to enjoy the multiplayer. Single player campaign was also a lot of fun.
  52. EudgenS.
    Feb 18, 2010
    May be this is not the best games of all times, but i like it.
  53. BryanB.
    Feb 18, 2010
    Way scarier than the origonal. The graphics are great and the music and sound effects make for a very enjoyable if not nail bitingly suspensful playing experience.
  54. RAFox
    Feb 18, 2010
    Been an AvP fan since first movies of the separate franchises not the AvP movies themselves. Played through all the games, played them a lot... bought new AvP today and I'm not one bit disappointed. Amazing graphics, great atmosphere, very well worked out mechanics and balance. Haven't played original multiplayer yet, but did play a lot of demo and it seemed quite good. I'm Been an AvP fan since first movies of the separate franchises not the AvP movies themselves. Played through all the games, played them a lot... bought new AvP today and I'm not one bit disappointed. Amazing graphics, great atmosphere, very well worked out mechanics and balance. Haven't played original multiplayer yet, but did play a lot of demo and it seemed quite good. I'm the one who completed previous games on hardest difficulties and enojoyed that but now I feel kinda of uncomofortable playing my favourite - marine. It's really, really atmospheric and impressive. Which doesn't make alien or predator any worse, the playstyle is completely different and thus interesting. Expand
  55. Brandon
    Feb 18, 2010
    AvP 2010 improves on the first in every way other than lack of industrial mp maps (the first game had lack of jungle maps). That is, if you don't mind the console features - but you get quickly used to them. The animations, models and maps are all very reminiscent of the movies. Multiplayer is generally a wonderful experience even on non-dedicated servers. The shifting pyramid map AvP 2010 improves on the first in every way other than lack of industrial mp maps (the first game had lack of jungle maps). That is, if you don't mind the console features - but you get quickly used to them. The animations, models and maps are all very reminiscent of the movies. Multiplayer is generally a wonderful experience even on non-dedicated servers. The shifting pyramid map from the AvP movie is original. AvP 2010 is an intense and remarkably creepy experience for multiplayer. I wasn't frightened by the multiplayer atmosphere with the lack of dark industrial maps; but, because there are so many ways to lose alien and predator players, I found myself being scared more than a few times after me getting adjusted to the animations and map layouts. If you are not turned off by console features and Aliens, this will probably be the go-to shooter by the end of the year and if you enjoyed AvP 2000 and AvP 2 then, with the exception of the short single player experience and storyline, you will enjoy this one better. Expand
  56. JamesM.
    Feb 18, 2010
    From the point of few of an avid alien and predator fan I can say i really enjoyed my time with this game while the singleplayer was a little shortcoming the mutiplayer has always been what the AVP games are about and this is the area where the most fun is to be had. Looking at the reviews of others it I would say if you have no interest in the alien or predator franchise then you may From the point of few of an avid alien and predator fan I can say i really enjoyed my time with this game while the singleplayer was a little shortcoming the mutiplayer has always been what the AVP games are about and this is the area where the most fun is to be had. Looking at the reviews of others it I would say if you have no interest in the alien or predator franchise then you may atleast want to wait until the game is cheaper as there are more polished games on the market at the moment however if you have interest in either of the franchises then I am sure you will have fun with this game. Expand
  57. AdamT
    Feb 17, 2010
    Alien versus predetor, to put it simply, is amazing. The alien's versitility, the Predetors stealth tatics and abilities, and despite the fact that the Marine has been seen in other games and is really nothing new, the enviroment in which you play him is so atmospheric, and these Aliens will pop out of nowhere. I do admit, the AI is a bit stupid, but who cares? That's what makes Alien versus predetor, to put it simply, is amazing. The alien's versitility, the Predetors stealth tatics and abilities, and despite the fact that the Marine has been seen in other games and is really nothing new, the enviroment in which you play him is so atmospheric, and these Aliens will pop out of nowhere. I do admit, the AI is a bit stupid, but who cares? That's what makes it so much fun to swoop down and tear out his spine, only for a marine to "investigate" and have a similar fate. The single player campaign is short, but it is fantastic. The marine sees firsthand a beautiful ruin of a science facilty, realisticly made. The alien has a lot of versitility, and speed, giving you the option to be the "heard but not seen" threat. And the predetor has some of the best stealth abilites, and the maps are created so that he can use them to the fullest extent. Multiplayer has some pretty standard modes, but adds diffuculty to the game, and forcing you to change your tatics. Overall, this game is great, allowing you to control some of the best characters I've ever played in a game. Expand
  58. DanielJ.
    Feb 17, 2010
    This game is very overrated, obv not a 0 but sure as hell nothing higher than an 8, i gave it a 0 mainly as a response to all the unnecessary 10's, I bet most of the people who gave it that haven't even played it, stupid fanboys.
  59. MathewD.
    Feb 17, 2010
    AVP is a great game that really stays true to it's franchise. While the graphics aren't the greatest, the single player is merely mediocre, the game has a wonderful multiplayer experience. Seven different game modes allows endless fun and allows you to enjoy the experience without feeling like it's getting repetitive. These game modes are Infestation, Predator Hunt, Death AVP is a great game that really stays true to it's franchise. While the graphics aren't the greatest, the single player is merely mediocre, the game has a wonderful multiplayer experience. Seven different game modes allows endless fun and allows you to enjoy the experience without feeling like it's getting repetitive. These game modes are Infestation, Predator Hunt, Death Match, Team Death Match, Mixed Death Match, Domination, Survival Mode Infestation is a new take to the classic zombie mode. Instead of facing off with one shambling zombie that slowly overwhelms your team as more and more players drop there's one fast moving and lethal alien. 17 marine players face off against a Xenomorph and if that Xenomorph scores a kill, more players join it's rank. What makes this, in my opinion, interesting than most games "Zombie" modes is that the Xenomorphs are extremely fast, aggressive, and can pop out of anywhere. This makes the fight for survival and to be the last man standing increasingly more difficult as more of your friends join their rank. Predator Hunt is another interesting take on the classic known as Juggernaut. If a marine scores a kill on the Predator he becomes the next Predator. What makes it different is that the Predator can cloak, has highly advanced weapons, and a good well placed mind can take out most of the marine team. Even more, he has a plasma shoulder canon that can score multiple kills at one, the classic combi stick that many players simply don't see coming and much more. Death Match, not much to say about this, it's easily in my opinion the weakest mode in the game. It allows you to pick one of the three species and go head to head in a free for all against one another. It's fun but I find it gets boring after all. It's also very anti-thematic compared to the other modes. Team Death Match on the other hand is very fun and here is where it differs from other fps games! You don't play with one team but THREE. It's humans/Aliens/Predators in an all out fight to out score the other team via kills. Six humans against Six Aliens against Six Predators for a total of 18 players. With the difference between the species fighting styles you never know what to expect. This definitely ranks up there as one of the top game modes. Mixed Team Death Match is the classic Team Death Match. Two sides fighting it out but the difference here is that each Team can be any species you want. I dislike this mode buuut I find that it's better than regular Death Match. It can be really fun if you have friends who refuse to play the same species as yourself in the other team death match and this way you can all get together with your preferred species and have fun. Domination is the same as other games. Try to hold several points to outscore the other team. Other people might be thrilled with this addition but I feel it could have been done without. It's not my cup of tea and there's not much to say about it. Finally there's survival mode. You and three friends group up to fight wave after wave of Xenomorphs. Each wave forcing you to be more frantic and desperate than the last as you try to stay alive and make it through. So why didn't I give the game a 10/10? There's one massive flaw to this otherwise fun game but we already knew about it before it released, right? The single player is short. I mean, really short. 5 hours average for each campaign but can be completed in a total of 8 hours if you're a skilled gamer. The level designs are very linear and within an hour of playing there's not much surprises left in store. The old school addition of bosses are fun but you'll be done with this in a few hours. If you're in it for the single player experience? The game is worth a rent. If you love Multiplayer? This is one of THE must have FPS games. Expand
  60. JoshQ
    Feb 16, 2010
    How can you give a game like call of duty MW 9s and 10s and then give this game a 7. This is not only the most fun but most innovative multiplayer fps I've ever played and I've played a lot. Playing this game with friends makes me forget time completely. All 3 species have unique fun gameplay, though as far as I'm concerned predators are blatantly Over-Powered, but I assume How can you give a game like call of duty MW 9s and 10s and then give this game a 7. This is not only the most fun but most innovative multiplayer fps I've ever played and I've played a lot. Playing this game with friends makes me forget time completely. All 3 species have unique fun gameplay, though as far as I'm concerned predators are blatantly Over-Powered, but I assume the devs will fix this soon as they catch wind of it from players. It's moreso skill-based than any fps released in past 2 years. If you think an arcade shooter masked as a tactical one like COD MW is skillbased you'll probably end up crying this is too tough for you, after all with this new cater-to-console age its rare you find anything truly skill based anymore as well as innovative. Expand

1. A good campaign, the marine one, and some variety in gameplay mechanics provide a quite fun experience. Unfortunately some ideas lack polish and the other two-thirds of the single player are just not as good as they were supposed to be.
  2. Aliens Vs Predator is a standard First Person Shooter, but thanks to the Predator's and Xenomorph's campaigns, it entertains old and new players. Even the multiplayer mode is funny and well structured, but the graphics engine is not that good.
  3. The controls for Predators and Xenomorphs may be a bit tricky and the AI sometimes doesn't show any "Intelligence" at all, but nevertheless: AvP is a most-have for fans of the movies, as well as the games - especially if you're into absolute multiplayer-mayhem and dont mind "some" gore.