7.4

1. Feb 15, 2012
    Focusing on what AVP is instead of what it could have been; I thought this was a great little game. All three campaigns were fun, so much so that it's hard choosing one over the other. It has it's limitations like the linear gameplay and annoying little things like you can't crouch or take cover bug you like hell in the Marine campaign but I felt compelled to finish this game twice IFocusing on what AVP is instead of what it could have been; I thought this was a great little game. All three campaigns were fun, so much so that it's hard choosing one over the other. It has it's limitations like the linear gameplay and annoying little things like you can't crouch or take cover bug you like hell in the Marine campaign but I felt compelled to finish this game twice I enjoyed it so much. Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2013
    It's not bad. The way the campaign is segmented is fairly fun. It's pretty well executed but for some reason I just can't put my finger on it never really engaged with me... It's completely ok, just far from great.
  3. Oct 22, 2012
    I was a loved the Predator films when I first watched them in the early 2000's and my love of Alien soon followed. After the disappointing AvP films and having never tried one of the games I decided to let my prejudices down and give the latest iteration a go. First thing's first, this game is not worth anything more than £5. The reason as to why I think this is that there are threeI was a loved the Predator films when I first watched them in the early 2000's and my love of Alien soon followed. After the disappointing AvP films and having never tried one of the games I decided to let my prejudices down and give the latest iteration a go. First thing's first, this game is not worth anything more than £5. The reason as to why I think this is that there are three campaigns on offer: Marine, Alien and Predator. Whilst all 3 are fun (im using that word loosely) only one of them campaigns was worth my time in terms of challenge and length. That particular one is the Marine campaign, a good solid FPS from start to finish with a 2-3 hour length. The the Alien one is more of a stealth kind of approach, however the alien itself is too fast and light to control making precise actions difficult and is only an hour long. The Predator is stealthy again but gives you the choice to take stealth or action in the form of melee combat, however this character has too much going on such as all the various commands for weapons, actions and movement making it easy to just get in over your head and only boasting an hour long campaign again.
    Had the Marine one been longer by another 2 or 3 hours or had the other 2 campaigns been substantial enough it would have scored higher but only for the reason that the Marine campaign was half decent you may as well give this game a go.
  4. May 13, 2015
    I did not try multilayer. Single-player is very short - all three campaigns (Marine, Alien, Predator) took me 9.5 hours to finish on Normal difficulty. Kind of barren if you consider that you play about 3 hours with each character. Yes, there are quite some bugs plaguing the game, and the inability to adjust the FOV value immediately grants this game a (-1) from me 9a pretty lazy port,I did not try multilayer. Single-player is very short - all three campaigns (Marine, Alien, Predator) took me 9.5 hours to finish on Normal difficulty. Kind of barren if you consider that you play about 3 hours with each character. Yes, there are quite some bugs plaguing the game, and the inability to adjust the FOV value immediately grants this game a (-1) from me 9a pretty lazy port, as others have pointed out). The failure of the limited FOV is in its inability to provide the dramatic effect to the player - so many times i heard a moan and scream and could not figure out where it came from; only on second passing, from a previously saved checkpoint, would i find out that the screaming came from a very well animated marine, whose rib-cage was ripped apart by a newborn alien! Well, such an effect is pretty hard to spot, when your Field of View is about 60 degrees - like walking and looking through a box. For the most part, the quality of sound in this game is very high - however, the quality of performance of the dialogues and the actual effects are not that good at all. Voice acting is not top notch, the radar clicking got on my nerves after the first two minutes of the game (not the beeping of the approaching alien, mind you - but the obnoxious clicking sound of the radar, which cannot be muted), and the in-game remarks of the marines are pretty much limited to two sentences. I must say however, that the atmosphere is pretty well depicted, and for the most part i enjoyed going through the game. Although so much could have been done better, so much.... Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2011
    Some of the reviews on AvP are a little unfair, but they do have some valid points. Graphics are fairly good, but the campaigns are pretty short and they do replay large sections of the maps. Normally I'm against the latter, but each species' different abilities allow for varying tactics, and makes each playthough fairly unique. What really stands out is the atmosphere and the audioSome of the reviews on AvP are a little unfair, but they do have some valid points. Graphics are fairly good, but the campaigns are pretty short and they do replay large sections of the maps. Normally I'm against the latter, but each species' different abilities allow for varying tactics, and makes each playthough fairly unique. What really stands out is the atmosphere and the audio cues, particularly the Club Eden segment for the marine. I'm a little surprised by the rock-paper-scissors approach to melee combat, it's awkward at first and the idea of a human 'beating' a predator or alien in melee is kind of weird, but after a while you get used to it. Multiplayer is pretty fun, it's a little easier to find a match now with dedicated servers, but there is a steep learning curve, so don't expect to just jump in as an alien and tear people to shreds. It would have been great if this AvP's multiplayer had been set up similar to AvP2's, with different classes and expanded weaponry. I think it's still a decent enough game if you're a fan of the series, but please for the love of god Rebellion, don't hire Michelle "Tequila" Rodriguez to do anymore voiceover work. Expand
  6. Feb 3, 2011
    Before it was released, back in February 2010 a lot of people were talking about this game and it looked pretty good, they released a demo before the release and it was very unsuccessful, so unsuccessful they removed it off of steam within a few days.

The graphics are amazing, but let me just say that the 3 campaigns for this game are very short. Predator took me 3 hours to complete in total, and Alien is just confusing, Marine makes me want to kill myself because on your radar it keeps beeping and there is NO way you can stop it, its just, blip, blip, feeling like theres a headache at the back of your head. I'd rather listen to the Back To The Future song that repeats all the time on the first level, thats more enjoyable than that beep. The AI sucks, as a predator, the marines just run back and shoot you with an unrealistic SMG gun sound. The aliens on the other hand are much more intellegent and know how to kill.

Multiplayer is 100% dead. There are no servers at all. So I feel like I should give this game a 6 for its graphics and different gameplay style but 5 because of the annoying blip noise on the Marine campaign.

Either way, they concentrated way too much on the graphics instead of gameplay.
  7. Nov 26, 2013
    I'm not really a big fan of First Person Perspective games. I do think that Aliens vs Predator would have been better as an over-the-shoulder third-person actioner, even the 1994 side-scrolling beat-em-up version was better than this. But for what it is, it's still a worthwhile game.

I wasn't immediately hooked, to be honest. I found the combat system to be clunky and difficult, though once the first level was cleared things got better (this applies to all three campaigns). Some of the gameplay and tense moments actually reminded me a lot of Condemned 2: Bloodshot. You play as either the Predator, Colonial Marines, or an Alien in three individual stories that all tie together, each with their own set of pros and cons.

The story follows on from those utterly awful AvP movies, but connects it with the Alien and Predator franchise in a more cohesive way than those cinematic travesties managed. But the video game franchise of this particular crossover has been stuck as a First Person actioner since 1999 and with this next-gen incarnation I think that Sega and Rebellion should have tried a new approach.

Despite the flaws, it's an enjoyable game that's very easy to play, if not finish, with plenty of trophies available.
  8. Nov 14, 2013
    This game was played on my PC through Steam, and while I did enjoy it and the multiplayer I would only give this game a 6.9 out of 10, this game also had multiplayer but it was ok.
  9. May 25, 2013
    Great combo game, its got a total of 3 games all into one.. You can play as the predator, alien or the soldier so very cool. SEGA? Excellent work on this and on Aliens Colonial Marines
  10. Oct 21, 2014
    Por lo que veo 2010 fue un buen año para la franquicia Predator y Alien. En 2010 sacaron una nueva entrega de AVP en comics, la película Predators y este juego. Para empezar lo bueno: el juego tiene 3 campañas, una con cada especie, hay muchos cambios entre cada campaña así que nunca pensaras que estas usando al mismo personaje. El juego tiene una duración de entre 2-5 horas por campaña,Por lo que veo 2010 fue un buen año para la franquicia Predator y Alien. En 2010 sacaron una nueva entrega de AVP en comics, la película Predators y este juego. Para empezar lo bueno: el juego tiene 3 campañas, una con cada especie, hay muchos cambios entre cada campaña así que nunca pensaras que estas usando al mismo personaje. El juego tiene una duración de entre 2-5 horas por campaña, dependiendo si quieres ir explorando y recogiendo coleccionables para que tu experiencia sea mas larga. Pero también tienen algo malo, los jefes del juego. Al principio parecen épicos como luchar contra la reina Alien, lamentablemente, lo que tienes que hacer es apretar un botón, disparar 2 granadas, esperar un minuto matando unos 10 Aliens, apretar otro botón y listo. Esto pasa en las 3 campañas, la primera ves los jefes son algo difíciles pero por la segunda o tercera ves que luchas con ellos ya sabes que hacer. Es lamentable por que ningún jefe se salva que después de vencerlo 1 o 2 veces ya sabes como matarlo fácilmente, eso te hará querer aumentar la dificultad pero, aun en la dificultad mas grande "Infernal" puedes ganarles fácilmente. Una cosa buena es que esta doblado al español, es un juego mejor solo por ese detalle. Aunque las voces se les entiende todo, rara vez parecen tener emociones fuerte. Los únicos que me hicieron sentir que estaban bien traducidos fueron unos cuantos marines y Bishop. Aunque este juego tiene Multi-Player. El MP es divertido, pero tienes que aprender a jugar bien. Si usas un predator o alien tienes que saber luchar con ellos y moverte con ellos. El marine es el mas débil por lo que morirás muchas veces con el. Aun así todo esta decentemente equilibrado, y si sabes bloquear, golpear y disparar en los momentos precisos, aparte de tener todas las armas de la campaña como la smartgun/arma inteligente, puedes llegar a ser el mejor jugador de la partida como marine. No hay muchas armas en el juego pero aun así hay suficientes así que no es un problema. El mayor defecto del MP es el alien, es demasiado poderoso. Es fácil de matar con el marine, pero el puede usar un ataque con su cola que es un ataque super rápido y te quita la mitad de la vida. Aparte de que si te atrapa te matara en unos 2-3 segundos mientras que el predator tarda 5-7 segundos en salir de sus animaciones. Hablando de las animaciones: si estas como predator o alien detrás de un enemigo, puedes hacer un Fatality que lo matara automaticamente, lo malo es que aunque la animación ni haya empezado y matan al predator que te ataco, no importara ya que si te cogen es una muerte instantanéa sin opción de sobrevivir. He oído que AVP2000 es el mejor de todos los juegos de AVP, intente entrar pero sus gráficos no han envejecido nada bien. Es como jugar un juego con texturas de cartón con todo respeto a los que aman ese juego, es que no soporto ver a un predator mas delgado que un humano. Le doy un 07/10, puede que si hubiera jugado el anterior le haya bajado el puntaje pero al final este resulto ser un buen juego. Si lo compras no te pierdas el MP, hay muchos servidores dedicados y aun se conecta gente. Expand
  11. Feb 7, 2013
    Single player is short, but amusing. I enjoyed the aliens since they were able to crawl on any surface and assassinate anyone. The multiplayer is fun, but not so many people are online (as I see it). The marines have a good set of weapons, and the predators I find to be op from their gear. I would recommend to this for any one if they see a good satisfying price on this.
  12. Nov 24, 2014
    Better at being Colonial Marines than Colonial Marines was. A great game with 3 campaigns (and 3 perspectives) to choose from. Lovely visuals, decent graphics and some neat gameplay mechanics combine into a well-rounded and solid shooter set in the Aliens and Predator universe.

Jimbo Rating: 7/10
  13. Jan 4, 2011
    Such a shame to see a game lose so many sales because of bad reviews, this is a fantastic title, great graphics and controls, as well as fabulous sound design! Great Job Rebellion!
  14. Dec 14, 2014
    I've played through this multiple times and I have finally come to a conclusion.

Artificial Intelligence The marines are beyond stupid, they show no recognition of each others existence and they show no emotion when they discover that one of there comrades has mysteriously and violently died. The Alien AI is also pretty stupid, they run directly towards you or they run up a wall only

Artificial Intelligence
    The marines are beyond stupid, they show no recognition of each others existence and they show no emotion when they discover that one of there comrades has mysteriously and violently died. The Alien AI is also pretty stupid, they run directly towards you or they run up a wall only to jump back down again.

Marine Campaign
    The Marine campaign consists of walking around empty corridors and reaching marines moments after they die proving that the AI is so unbelievably stupid that the developers have to kill them all off using scripted events, there's no point going into detail about the Marine campaign because its really really generic. If you were looking for a Colonial Marines Squad experience you're out of luck because you spend the entire campaign on your own. Also a fellow Marine called Tequila talks into your ear for most of the game and she will annoy the hell out of you.

Alien Campaign
    The Alien Campaign starts off quite promising but quickly goes downs hill when you meet the mentally retarded Marines who have no knowledge of each others existence, so you spend the entire campaign scuttling about killing off Marines one by one until the game tells you that you've won.

Predator Campaign
    The Predator Campaign is really really boring, you simply jump about killing off mentally retarded Marines and having the occasional fight against a group of Aliens using disorientating melee attacks.

Multiplayer
    The multiplayer is a tiny tiny tiny little bit better than the singleplayer but not something I would pay money for. The multiplayer maps are really small and most of them are recycled from the singleplayer. The multiplayer is almost dead and the only gamemode played is Team Deathmatch.

Overall
    I can't believe that people are calling this the best game ever because its awful compared to its predecessor Alien vs Predator 2. If you want a real AvP experience then go play Alien vs Predator 2 because its a fantastic game that has stood the test of time.
  15. May 27, 2011
    SP of this game is bad, but the MP is really good. You can play as Alien ,Predator or Marine, and with each character gameplay is different. This game have many flaws, first servers, most of them are bad, because they allow too many players to enter, while in my opinion maps in this game are made for 2vs2vs2 or max 3vs3vs3. Second, mods, some are broken, but STDM (m vs a vs p) and PredatorSP of this game is bad, but the MP is really good. You can play as Alien ,Predator or Marine, and with each character gameplay is different. This game have many flaws, first servers, most of them are bad, because they allow too many players to enter, while in my opinion maps in this game are made for 2vs2vs2 or max 3vs3vs3. Second, mods, some are broken, but STDM (m vs a vs p) and Predator Hunt are really fun to play.
    And third balance. Some weapons and moves are OP. My point is if you find nice server with low number of players ,and nice players ,this game is a BLAST.
  16. Nov 1, 2011
    I love how smooth the gameplay in AVP is. I love how you almost feel like you are there. I love how good it does what it does. I'm giving it an 8 for what it is and what i love about it, though it's not the best FPS out there it remains one of the top. When you hear an alien scurry or that tense mind pulsing music starts and you know a predator is staring straight down your spine, um ya...I love how smooth the gameplay in AVP is. I love how you almost feel like you are there. I love how good it does what it does. I'm giving it an 8 for what it is and what i love about it, though it's not the best FPS out there it remains one of the top. When you hear an alien scurry or that tense mind pulsing music starts and you know a predator is staring straight down your spine, um ya... this game rocks! Also the variety though fairly short not to short in my opinion of the single player mode is great. Just an awesome game. I'm replaying through the marine campaign now on hard mode. just and fun as the first time Expand
  17. Jan 21, 2013
    Theres a fair bit of content here to make up a 12-13 hour game split into 3 campaigns. The audio logs you find help fill in story blanks and keep you interested, however the issues crop up in the gameplay and the overall story. The marines have this useless jump mechanic, and you can't duck for some reason. Also your weapons are very unbalanced, the pulse rifle and flamethrower lack powerTheres a fair bit of content here to make up a 12-13 hour game split into 3 campaigns. The audio logs you find help fill in story blanks and keep you interested, however the issues crop up in the gameplay and the overall story. The marines have this useless jump mechanic, and you can't duck for some reason. Also your weapons are very unbalanced, the pulse rifle and flamethrower lack power and the pistol has unlimited ammunition and you should avoid using it all together. The Predators are quite functional and seem balanced although they suffer a similar problem to the aliens in that they have these long unskippable finishing moves (theres no standard attack), that are also in MULTIPLAYER. During these animations you can easily be killed by other players. Why would they include this in both single and multiplayer? Its horrid. Although the rest of the multiplayer is pretty good, stalking predators, hit and run aliens. Infestation mode. Having feel that again since AvP 2 is refreshing. But without innovation it won't bring in new players...

Single Player 5/10
    Multiplayer 7/10

The game suffers from new problems but also lacks ambition, it doesn't try anything new except adding on predator jumping (which feels a bit restrictive & you barely get a chance to use it after the first hour of gameplay). We get Pyramids and a bit of outdoors dusty plains, inside of base. Retreading old steps.
  18. May 15, 2011
    Great PC title screwed by a console. A.I. is horrible, human opponents sound like broken records, plot is boring. It's rather lazy remake of the great original Aliens vs Predator 1999, than new Aliens vs Predator 3. Textures in some locations are high quality, in other opposite. The best part of the game is awesome, precise Predator model and Predator missions, definitely the best ofGreat PC title screwed by a console. A.I. is horrible, human opponents sound like broken records, plot is boring. It's rather lazy remake of the great original Aliens vs Predator 1999, than new Aliens vs Predator 3. Textures in some locations are high quality, in other opposite. The best part of the game is awesome, precise Predator model and Predator missions, definitely the best of Predator you can get in whole AvP saga. Multiplayer is total mess and auto aim spamm fest. Payable DLC's with extra multiplayer maps can be reconsider only as a sick joke. Expand
  19. Jun 27, 2011
    I figure I should review this simply because I believe I should have a LONG time ago. I basically was waiting for this and excited for this because I played AVP2 regularly and I loved the whole franchise, first of all I want to say that if you're coming from AVP2 you will most certainly not encounter a similar type of game. The strong points of this game are basically solid graphics,I figure I should review this simply because I believe I should have a LONG time ago. I basically was waiting for this and excited for this because I played AVP2 regularly and I loved the whole franchise, first of all I want to say that if you're coming from AVP2 you will most certainly not encounter a similar type of game. The strong points of this game are basically solid graphics, decent AI, and the 3 races. There really isn't a whole lot to praise with this game in terms of gameplay, but I will say that this game was reliable, I pre-ordered for PC and got the game a few days after release (backed up shipment or something stupid), and immediately there we no problems with the game, I never experienced any crashing, glitching, sound distortion or cutting out, nothing like that. Rebellion was smart enough to patch in a dedicated servers feature as well fairly soon after release. But that's about where the good points end. The singleplayer, it's a decent experience to be honest, but the story is easily forgettable, plus the addition of the collectible objects which really add nothing to the game beyond steam achievements, or a little bit of storyline from the marine recordings(which are annoying to try and listen to because they don't autoplay), are basically there to waste time. Too be honest, the greatest single player feature in the game is the survival game, where you are a marine fighting waves of aliens that get tougher the more you kill, at least that is the best feature in my eyes, I've spent more time in that than I do in multiplayer pvp matches. But even still, it is hindered by the lack of survival maps (only 2 without DLC) and like I said, there's only a survivor mode for marines, there's no other added single player feature to play aliens or predators. The multiplayer, basically what I was waiting for, turned out to be pretty disappointing, marines are honestly the most fun to play, for the simple reason that you can't run around executing people, predators and aliens can simply run around pressing E to execute people, sure you can play without doing that, but it's basically crippling yourself if you refuse to execute people because it's just a one button press. The upside? Executing people is satisfying to watch, the gore is so ruthlessly violent that it's almost hilarious to disembowel a marine. But it's lack of variety and intrigue in gameplay can be ENTIRELY contributed to the root problem of the whole game, and that root problem is console porting. This game is so clearly made for consoles when you play it, yes it works fine for PC and has no problems, but the gameplay feels so limited, and it just FEELS like a console game, it feels like it is being restricted by a controller when you play the PC version. The lack of weapon variety, the lack of universal crouching and jumping, it's all a product of a game that was designed for consoles. This game is certainly not AVP2, but I will make a comparison, in AVP2 the predators and marines had so many weapons that it would be impossible to play on a console because you often need to switch between weapons instantly, and having to cycle through them using a controller would just be frustrating, never mind the ammo types and alternate firing methods. This is a game clearly influenced by the desire to have it available for console systems, and as such is a pretty mediocre PC game, albeit with dedicated servers, which is becoming rare these days. I'm giving this game a 5 because of its console value, it really is an alright console game in my opinion, but it's a very obvious one, I would certainly advise anyone not to pick this up for the PC especially if you're a PC gamer. Summary: The lack of weapon variety, boring multiplayer meta game, and generally bland gameplay lead this to be an alright console game and not much more, the graphics are quite pleasing and the dedicated servers are nice, but it doesn't matter when the gameplay just doesn't hold your attention. I played multiplayer for literally 1 maybe 2 days before I got bored of it basically entirely, there must be a serious lack of players in the game by now, if you're an AVP fan you'll probably marginally enjoy it like I did, but if you're a dedicated PC gamer, you'd be better off going for a different game, or better yet, just getting AVP2, even the single player is worth it in that game. At any rate, I regret paying full price for this, it's essentially just eye candy. Expand
  20. Aug 15, 2012
    More arcade than gritty hardship, with mildly enjoyable gameplay that sadly doesn't bring anything new to the table. The singleplayer is worth a playthrough, the online experience is too average, if not below average, to draw me in and keep me playing. I'd rather play AVP Gold, or AVP2.
  21. Mar 25, 2013
    i was reading the back of the game and it sat 3 campains so i thouhgt nice.
    when i begon playing it was over so soon 3 campains with no story voices and short.
    the only fun campain was that one of the marine. and the one of the preditor is first person too you tount got any gun so you only have nives you. the alien campain i playt like 1 hour and is just made do destroy your pc to
    i was reading the back of the game and it sat 3 campains so i thouhgt nice.
    the only fun campain was that one of the marine.
    the alien campain i playt like 1 hour and is just made do destroy your pc to fast first person and very ****.
    the multiplayer is just the worst ever made.
  22. Jan 3, 2011
    To me this game was the greatest of the AVP series. I absolutely loved it! I like playing the 3 stories and the survivor mode. Plus online was very fun. Graphics are just amazing and game-play is great. I think this was one of the greatest games ever created for AVP. The only sad part was that there we're not many servers. I suggest this game!
  23. Oct 10, 2013
    The best Aliens vs Predator francische I have ever played in my life...Way better than Aliens Damned Marines...This game is a must buy!There are still online players playing it.
  24. Jun 27, 2012
    I'm not sure why this game got such a low META score. It's fun, looks great, and is as good as any other FPS in this genera. I saw the low Meta score at first and waited until it went on sale for $2.99, but I'm very pleased with the game.
  25. May 5, 2011
    Firstly, AvP multiplayer is a blast. And yes, I'm talking about the Sega version from 2010. I've never played such an intense PvP game, and it's great from all classes. I figured it would be imbalanced, but all three races can play well, once you learn how to play. Marines are at a disadvantage in close range, but you need teammates. The main problem is that not many people play onlineFirstly, AvP multiplayer is a blast. And yes, I'm talking about the Sega version from 2010. I've never played such an intense PvP game, and it's great from all classes. I figured it would be imbalanced, but all three races can play well, once you learn how to play. Marines are at a disadvantage in close range, but you need teammates. The main problem is that not many people play online now, which is a shame. The hosting system is a bit confusing, but tolerable. It's a consolized version, similar to Halo 3, which is strange on PC but I can accept it, given the quality of gameplay. Weapons are not handed out in large numbers, but the basics are there, and we really don't need 27 different versions of the same assault rifle like in some other games.
    Single-player is not bad, the story is interesting so far, and it's not a bad length. Most of all, I have to say the graphics are amazing, and everything runs smoothly. It's not a cheap console port or anything, everything seems very optimized and runs great in Dx10. The story may not be too long, but I think they wanted people in multiplayer too, instead of just the story. I feel the story compares to AvP 2. I also feel the game is very good, despite claims otherwise, and worth picking up. If you like FPS and intensity in your combat, where you really can die easily, look into it. It's averaging $20 which is a great price for the amount of game included.
  26. Jun 19, 2011
    This game is completely laggy. I have an I7-920 integrated quad core at 2.67 ghz,9GB RAM, with an Nvidia GTX260 with 896MB RAM. It doesn't even make much sense because I lowered the settings from Very High textures to High, but that only slightly improved performance. Same with shadows. My rig is only 2 years old and should not have this kind of issue with a 2010 game. I have noThis game is completely laggy. I have an I7-920 integrated quad core at 2.67 ghz,9GB RAM, with an Nvidia GTX260 with 896MB RAM. It doesn't even make much sense because I lowered the settings from Very High textures to High, but that only slightly improved performance. Same with shadows. My rig is only 2 years old and should not have this kind of issue with a 2010 game. I have no trouble running other games yet this one is choppy as anything. Otherwise, the gameplay reminds me of one of my favorite games of all time, AVP2. However, it's hard to play much since I'm often getting pauses and maybe 25 FPS. Expand
  27. Feb 18, 2012
    Ok first of all multiplayer is rubbish, however singleplayer is well done and has great atmosphere without being ott.
    The visuals look great on my GTX 480 in full DX11... i couldn't ask for more from a game in the visual department.
    The story is fine and works well with enough pacing.
    The enemies are smart and dangerous and that is what i like.
  28. May 3, 2013
    Aliens vs Predator is certainly a good game.

The action is set near and inside a facility. The game features full campaigns for all species, Marines, Aliens, and the Predator, and I can only say that they are very well made. It's just awesome to play as a predator and use his advanced technology, suck as the plasma gun, the smart disk, and the cloaking device. After this you
    Aliens vs Predator is certainly a good game.

The action is set near and inside a facility.

After this you have the opportunity to use even his ,,fatalities,, by decapitating the humans, the xenos, and make them trophies, brutal, yes, but is exactly like what we've seen in the movies, to and using them here is more than great.

The beginning of the Predator's plot takes first place on his homeworld where you learn the basics, parts of their training, and their environment.

The action is very intense and interesting, when the humans violate their sacred pyramid and steal their wrist bracer.

Marine's plot begins somewhere in the facility where you must fight your way out and during this you'll have to kill aliens and other enemies.

The main weapons are the same ones featured in the movies, like the pistol, the pulse rifle, and others. They're very well modeled and textured, and even the sound is like the one from the movies, the same solid sound.

Alien campaign begins in the same place like the marine's does, where you must fight your way out of the room where you're verified by the humans for your strength, intelligence, and skills after this you'll have to escape that room.

This is how the plot is set, the game play is fluent but is also linear, when you must complete the objectives to progress though the story, so there aren't many places you can miss.

In terms of game play, alien's campaign is nicely done, but could've been better with also an 3rd person camera view.

Each race has it's own abilities and advantages, for instance the marines have their cool weapons, but they're fragile people.

The AI for both friendlies and enemies is well developed, they don't make stupid attacks, and the alien AI is well made, as they use the environment exactly as they should, and that gives a nice experience.
    The visuals and level design look promising, with detailed textures and models, sweet lightning and particle effects, so the game has potential.

The game even has a multiplayer game mode, having available several modes, such as Deathmatch and Species Deathmatch, and as each race has it's own advantages, this makes the things more interesting.

However the multiplayer really has a major issue, being that there are very few maps, so will be a problem when you're playing, as you might get bored after a while.

So basically the game has a good replay value, a sort of memorable journey and experience so you'll have a good time when you'll play it.
  29. Jun 15, 2014
    It feels a bit hard to go through the story mode.I stopped at a one point of Predator campaign,for it's just hard(not sure whether I chose the hardest difficulty directly.) and a little boring.The Alien part might be better.No,I'd prefer take the Alien campaign later than finishing Predator and Human parts.
    I hate collectibles.
    I hate collectibles.
    感觉通关难度不低。我在铁血战士战役中的某个点停下了,因为有点难(我忘了当时是否直接选择了最高难度),也有点无聊。异形部分或许会好些。算了,我还是更愿意先过了铁血战士和人类战役,把异形部分放到后面玩。
    我厌恶收集品。
  30. Apr 4, 2015
    These are actual 3 relative short campaigns where you play as marine, Alien or Predator. This is also the main asset of the game so that you can experience to be an Alien or Predator. Playing as Alien is not fun, since you stick to every wall you touch which is confusing. Also there is no shooting part. Playing as Predator is better though the shooting is limited since you are often out ofThese are actual 3 relative short campaigns where you play as marine, Alien or Predator. This is also the main asset of the game so that you can experience to be an Alien or Predator. Playing as Alien is not fun, since you stick to every wall you touch which is confusing. Also there is no shooting part. Playing as Predator is better though the shooting is limited since you are often out of energy and the throwing weapons come late in the game. Playing as marine is ok. The standard guns are underpowered: it is hard to kill Xenomorphs in the dark maps and because they move fast on ceilings. Other aspects: the graphics of this game are good. Story is thin. Overall I think it was better to stick to marines only since by the time you are acquainted with being an Alien or Predator the campaign is over. Expand
  31. Jul 31, 2012
    I found this game extremely mediocre. To be fair, I was never a big fan of the Aliens universe to begin with, but the story did nothing to change my mind. It never really felt like immersing me. The marine campaign actually started the game off really for me. The atmosphere was tense and the action was enjoyable and well paced. The Predator and Alien campaigns, however, were not quite asI found this game extremely mediocre. To be fair, I was never a big fan of the Aliens universe to begin with, but the story did nothing to change my mind. It never really felt like immersing me. The marine campaign actually started the game off really for me. The atmosphere was tense and the action was enjoyable and well paced. The Predator and Alien campaigns, however, were not quite as well designed and tended to be fairly bland and ultimately unsatisfying. My experience of the multiplayer was one of frustration. It was difficult to find a match, and then when I finally got in, the action was kind of disappointing and some of the mechanics just felt really unfair. Overall, an unsatisfying experience. Expand
  32. May 20, 2012
    Nice Design, Good looking game... Predator was such a Downgrade from
    Predator in Aliens Vs Predator 2... when you play a game with Predator
    and Marine you feal like you are just a slow retarded idiot... Dont get me started on how people block predator claw with there gun everytime! this is not Mortal Kombat FFS. Very boring game. I did not even try as Alien. Predator in AvP 2 had so much
    Nice Design, Good looking game... Predator was such a Downgrade from
    Predator in Aliens Vs Predator 2... when you play a game with Predator
    and Marine you feal like you are just a slow retarded idiot... Dont
    get me started on how people block predator claw with there gun everytime!
    this is not Mortal Kombat FFS. Very boring game. I did not even try as Alien. Predator in AvP 2 had so much weapons his secondary atack with claw
    was not automatic you could hold it as much as you want it and it would only
    hit when you let go mouse button 2, and he had so much more weapons. When
    you play with him in this game you are just to weak and doing a auto jump then not crouch and jump just like in AvP 2 just lol.
    What about glass botles, when you shoot them they bounce off! come on
    soo lazy... haha epic fail.
  33. Jun 22, 2011
    Great visuals, fun gameplay, enjoyable storyline. This game has something for everybody, the marine campaign is like halo while the predator campaign is like chronicles of riddick games. As for the alien I cannot think of anything like it. I can spend hours playing through the campaigns and then jump into multiplayer with some friends for loads of fun. I cannot say how much this is worthGreat visuals, fun gameplay, enjoyable storyline. This game has something for everybody, the marine campaign is like halo while the predator campaign is like chronicles of riddick games. As for the alien I cannot think of anything like it. I can spend hours playing through the campaigns and then jump into multiplayer with some friends for loads of fun. I cannot say how much this is worth purchasing especially with the low price it is now. (I would give it an 8 but some people were giving it a 0 when they said in the review it deserves a 4 so yeah) Expand
  34. Jul 6, 2014
    Fantastic evolution for the AVP game series visuals especially when playing DX11 mode on decent setup. Singleplayer is worth a playthrough (particularly marine campaign) and multiplayer is so much fun (even today!). As a gamer I would give this game a 7 for the quality of the content and options but as an AVP fan can help but notice the cool details in this games visual language - it feelsFantastic evolution for the AVP game series visuals especially when playing DX11 mode on decent setup. Singleplayer is worth a playthrough (particularly marine campaign) and multiplayer is so much fun (even today!). As a gamer I would give this game a 7 for the quality of the content and options but as an AVP fan can help but notice the cool details in this games visual language - it feels right for each species so in this spirit give it an additional point! Keep up the good work rebellion. Expand
  35. Aug 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If this game would have stayed as good as it was during the marine mission I would have rated it higher. However, during the alien section I had to stop playing multiple times due to almost wanting to throw up. Transitioning on walls was not a smooth process. Many times even when it told me I could it didn't work out that well. Then end boss battle was a little weak as well. Just run away shoot, run away, shoot. Repeat ten times, and you beat it. It was a game that I had to force myself to play all the way through. Expand
  36. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is great,aside from the awesome combat system,spooky environments and also the AWESOME GRAPHICS. You will love playing all 3 of the campaigns.Predator is alright, Alien is awesome, Marine is CREEPY AND VERY STRESSFUL at higher difficulties as there is always the very known fact that you can get killed easily if you don't watch your backs while up against the other races.TheThis game is great,aside from the awesome combat system,spooky environments and also the AWESOME GRAPHICS. You will love playing all 3 of the campaigns.Predator is alright, Alien is awesome, Marine is CREEPY AND VERY STRESSFUL at higher difficulties as there is always the very known fact that you can get killed easily if you don't watch your backs while up against the other races.The downside, will be the fact that the game is very very linear, not much room for exploration.Voice acting is mediocre,story line is not very interesting.The ending is unsatisfying,since the timeline of all the 3 races you play is happening at the exact same time~ Expand
  37. Apr 16, 2012
    Having played the previous AvP's I was inclined to play this one. Its a fun action game allowing you to play as either Marines, Predator or Alien. While entertaining there are some small gripes like having to hold down the mouse button as Alien to traverse walls (lazy coding). Other than that it is a great game to play if a little confussling with missions split across the 3 playable races.
  38. Jul 21, 2013
    If you have a good computer then this is a great game. Maxing the graphics gives you a great experience, very dark and jumpy.
    The AI is a little flaky but this game is more about the experience. You do feel involved, especially as the marine.
  39. Oct 8, 2010
    I was so looking forward to this game, since i was a fan of the first avp game back in the 90s, But unfortunately it just feels like its missing so much. The solo player is not that great because it feels vso short. The graphics look great but to bad rebellion did not put that much effort into the rest of the game. The short list of weapons for the predator and marine were veryI was so looking forward to this game, since i was a fan of the first avp game back in the 90s, But unfortunately it just feels like its missing so much. The solo player is not that great because it feels vso short. The graphics look great but to bad rebellion did not put that much effort into the rest of the game. The short list of weapons for the predator and marine were very disappointing compared to the list of the first game. I don't understand why they had to change the alien controls from the first avp i thought those worked perfect. The most of the maps are two open and remind me of the second avp game, i wonder why they were more closely related to movies like the first game did. The multilayer is laggy and at times its impossible to find a server. The ups side all though few is trophy kills or being trophy killed, the feeling that any minute something is going to come up behind you and stab you in the back is a great feeling reminds me of the movies. Holding out with your friends against waves of aliens is a fun mode. There was so much more that could have been added but it feels it was just put together to quickly. I am a fan of movies which is why I somewhat enjoy this game. Hopefully one day a developer will release a real avp game again. Expand
  40. Apr 4, 2012
    Ok, so first off, there are a couple of aspects in which the difficulty level gets somewhat awkward. Aliens seem to take an excessive amount of bullets to die even on easy, and getting headshots on those sneaky guys mostly depends on luck. The ambience is very good, mostly dark and claustrophobic, but also with lots of open areas where you can see very detailed vegetation and natureOk, so first off, there are a couple of aspects in which the difficulty level gets somewhat awkward. Aliens seem to take an excessive amount of bullets to die even on easy, and getting headshots on those sneaky guys mostly depends on luck. The ambience is very good, mostly dark and claustrophobic, but also with lots of open areas where you can see very detailed vegetation and nature elements, which is good. Tesselation works pretty well with this, enhancing several small details that make everything look more plausible. The radar on the marine campaign doesnâ Expand
  41. Aug 30, 2011
    Truly not a bad game at all. For 5 bucks (on sale) and a few hours of your time, AvP can excite you in many ways. Three different campaigns (Marines, Aliens, Predators), each with their own game play mechanics and storyline that all tie into one scenario. A good thriller worth more attention, but less money.
  42. Jan 14, 2012
    The game is pretty good but i did beat it in 7 hours and yeah am talking about all 3 campaigns.
    The game play was however very fun and didnt feel repetitive since you change between 3 different characters and play styles over such a short amount of time. The story was nothing to brag about but overall i had fun with this game.
  43. Sep 27, 2011
    I played the second AvP game and desparately want to get it into my library even though I only experienced the Alien campaign the whole way through and only about halfway through the Predator campaign. While with this new release of AvP, there is a very clear distinction of what is not here between the two games: Levels. If you knew what you was doing and knew how to do it precisely on theI played the second AvP game and desparately want to get it into my library even though I only experienced the Alien campaign the whole way through and only about halfway through the Predator campaign. While with this new release of AvP, there is a very clear distinction of what is not here between the two games: Levels. If you knew what you was doing and knew how to do it precisely on the hardest difficulty, you could beat the new installment of AvP in so little time on the Alien campaign. What I really wished to see in the new installement was to go through the Alien life-cycle because that was so much fun to do. Locate the isolated host and then burst through his chest followed by having to sneak by the USCMC to feed in order to molt into your adult stage. That is what I missed in the new installment but it is minor in comparison to the levels that were missing that could've been included. Instead though, we get top grade graphics which visually impress me and gameplay that is very easy learn and tactics that must be utilized that are somewhat similar to Metal Gear Solid series, from MGS3 and up on consoles. I've only lightly brushed into multiplayer and I've found being the Aliens in multiplayer games not as bad as I've read it. Certainly there are not a lot of dark maps that are geared to give Aliens the advantage but you can at least destroy light sources that make it harder for enemy players to spot you which from what I read is what many of the players forget that the Aliens can do. The ability to "sneak" up behind an enemy, USCMC and Predator alike, and kill them with a stealth kill is empowering to the player performing the stealth kill and said player can quickly get away for another stealth kill provided the slayed player's buddy(ies) are not pay attention to what is happening. There should've been a "save your friend" mechanic in the multiplayer. What I mean by this is that if you noticed your friend about to be stealth/trophy killed you should be able to shoot the alien/predator down before the kill your friend to save your his life. Dedicated servers should also be set up to lower ping similar to what Valve does with their servers. Despite the flaws, I rate this game a 10/10. Expand
  44. Jan 24, 2012
    This is a very atmospheric, beautiful and terrifying game. Especially in DX11 graphics. But most of all, it's extremely fun to play online. It has dedicated servers and setting up a game of your own works fine. A lot of people have mics and it has an easy oneclick mute function for those annoying people. Species Team Deathmatch, Predator Hunt and Infestation are extremely fun. The threeThis is a very atmospheric, beautiful and terrifying game. Especially in DX11 graphics. But most of all, it's extremely fun to play online. It has dedicated servers and setting up a game of your own works fine. A lot of people have mics and it has an easy oneclick mute function for those annoying people. Species Team Deathmatch, Predator Hunt and Infestation are extremely fun. The three different species handle very differently from one another. It might seem unbalanced at first, but when you start understanding how to play as the different species you can win with any of them. As an Alien you can get incredible speed and jump from wall to wall with ease once you've mastered it(it's a bit disorienting in the beginning) Thanks to this you can surprise flank your enemies and outmanouver them. Great sense of freedom and power when you get good at it.

Marines are slow but powerful and together they can be quite hard to kill with their firepower and ability to block lighter attacks. The iconic motion tracker is spooky as usual and not always reliable. They are scary to play as and do well when together in a group.

Predators are arguably the most dangerous species but they can't take that much damage. Stealth, strength and awesome weaponry and gadgets from the movies that are differently hard to master makes this the most versatile species to play as.

I highly recommend this game if you are into multiplayer :) The single player is good practice and it has interesting story elements that add to the universe of AVP but the characters are flat, boring and it's over very quickly.
  45. Jul 25, 2013
    This was the last game I preordered.

First off, the single player is pretty mediocre and felt rushed to me. They feel more like elongated tutorials set up to make you feel comfortable with each race. Once completed (on each race) I did not feel a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction with the endings. The saving grace is certainly the multiplayer. I got this on release day, and
    This was the last game I preordered.

The saving grace is certainly the multiplayer. I got this on release day, and the number of servers were very low, it took quite some time to find a server, but things have changed since then as the price has gone down and more people pick it up. If you enjoy multiplayer fps games, and are tired of the generic cod or battlefiend shooter, then give it a try
  46. Oct 17, 2010
    A very fun and atmospheric game. While it may not be as amazing as it's predecessors, it is still a blast to play. As in the previous games, it offers several experiences in one game, letting you play through the eerie Marine campaign, the thrilling predator campaign, or the exciting Alien campaign. All three species can collide in some intense multiplayer fun.
    So, yes, while not as good
    So, yes, while not as good as it's predecessors, the game is still a bunch of fun!
  47. Mar 16, 2011
    Going to get my bias out in the open, I'm a fanboy for all things Alien and Predator, so regardless of quality I will buy the game and get enjoyment out of it. This does not mean I don't recognise its flaws though, the 3 campaigns all share the same 5 maps/locations so expect to see the same things over and over which feels a bit cheap. The Marines AI is abysmal in the Aliens andGoing to get my bias out in the open, I'm a fanboy for all things Alien and Predator, so regardless of quality I will buy the game and get enjoyment out of it. This does not mean I don't recognise its flaws though, the 3 campaigns all share the same 5 maps/locations so expect to see the same things over and over which feels a bit cheap. The Marines AI is abysmal in the Aliens and Predator campaigns, the only things I had to be careful about were the androids in the later levels the combat (melee at least) is just Rock Paper Scissors and doesn't feel very satisfying. The storyline is rather bland (the standard AVP storyline). As for the multiplayer, I did enjoy infestion and predator hunt but the other modes seemed like too much of a cluster****. If you see this game on sale for under £10 consider picking it up. Expand
  48. Dec 3, 2011
    The graphics are amazing and the storyline can be scary at times (as all AvP games are) but the lack of dedicated server support for multi-player killed this game for me. I don't think I've seen anyone just kill the potential for a game like this.
  49. Jan 20, 2012
    Im a multiplayer person ( fps geek if you wanna call it that ) and i loved playing as the marine in this game. The atmospher was excellent in both SP and MP. But after you get the hang of it you feel like the game is missing something. Dont get me wrong its far much better then DEMO version i played on steam ( thank god) but i can nitpick on a few things. I like how they focus on theIm a multiplayer person ( fps geek if you wanna call it that ) and i loved playing as the marine in this game. The atmospher was excellent in both SP and MP. But after you get the hang of it you feel like the game is missing something. Dont get me wrong its far much better then DEMO version i played on steam ( thank god) but i can nitpick on a few things. I like how they focus on the combat system in this game with the melee abilitys BUT the flamer is useless in this game. When it comes to weapons damage AVP2 was much more balanced. But atleast this game didnt balance it with "Rock-paper-scissors system" like many other games did. I had fun with all races but i was kinda pissD off that they didnt include a game mode with classes such as medic,soldier,sniper or that you could play as a facehugger! You can adapt to the game and have alot of fun with it. ( even with all the flaws ) Expand
  50. Mar 17, 2013
    Aliens vs. Predator 2010 is very good game not best (avp 2 better) but game look really nice. Not bad graphic and of course fast and nice multiplayer. Reccomend this game fans of aliens and predators:D
  51. Nov 21, 2010
    Great game, very enjoyable ripping a marines head out of his stomach with his spine still attached.
    Has a very nice single-player that has a good 6 hours if all campaigns are mixed together.
    Multi-player is a action packed, fun experience that will keep you going for hours and hours.
    Definitely a game rated 10 out of 10.
  52. Apr 15, 2011
    still in the middle of playing it, but this is one of the best "no expectations" (didn't expect much) discovered gem games ever! The graphics are exceptional. gameplay VERY fun. weapons cool. maps are fantastic and the music is Great! Ganted, I do like predator franchise things (and just recently saw the new film), but still. This is a very solid 8+ possibly 9 out of ten. I love findingstill in the middle of playing it, but this is one of the best "no expectations" (didn't expect much) discovered gem games ever! The graphics are exceptional. gameplay VERY fun. weapons cool. maps are fantastic and the music is Great! Ganted, I do like predator franchise things (and just recently saw the new film), but still. This is a very solid 8+ possibly 9 out of ten. I love finding things expecting nothing. The graphics on this are incredible. No idea why reviews were so scathing. This is quite possibly one of my fave fpses (a genre I had, until bioshock, grown tired of). This is no bioshock but for casual fun fps, it's awesome WAY WAy more immersive and interesting than something like serious sam hd 1/2 imho. Expand
  53. Dec 4, 2011
    Third rate shooter, nice graphics but very linear gameplay. Play as marine, alien or predator, good idea in theory however in practice the alien and predator characters became boring after about five minutes. The marine play through lasted less than 5 hours. Marine had only one encounter with the predator, that was a disappointment. Limited weapons, limited movement, could have been muchThird rate shooter, nice graphics but very linear gameplay. Play as marine, alien or predator, good idea in theory however in practice the alien and predator characters became boring after about five minutes. The marine play through lasted less than 5 hours. Marine had only one encounter with the predator, that was a disappointment. Limited weapons, limited movement, could have been much better. Paid only 5 bucks so it wasnâ Expand
  54. Oct 29, 2012
    i did the the predator and alien campaign but not the marine one cause its just too creepy for me, over all
    the game is ok. the story could be better and the gameplay was alright. not as good as the original.
  55. May 6, 2014
    Overall a decent game. Parts of it scream "port", such as the tacked-on multiplayer interface (dedicated servers came after release, and the menu to get to them is unintuitive). The game would have been much better with just a couple more patches.
  56. Nov 22, 2011
    A very buggy and unpolished game, even after several patches. I could list 100 things wrong with it, but for the sake of not reminding myself how badly developed this game was, I'll stick with just a few pet hates. 1. Marine get's a magic pistol with unlimited bullets, even though he has a melee ability.
    2. Marines weapons magically disappear at the end of a level to be replaced by
    2. Marines weapons magically disappear at the end of a level to be replaced by defaults. 3. Incredibly cliche and uninspired story stuck on a heavily linear and scripted single player, e.g don't bother trying to save your marine buddies, most are meant to die by design. Alien attacks conveniently dry up once you finish some random objective as the game waits for you to move to the next section. 4. Incredibly repetitive npc marine chatter. "Don't relax just yet marines" heard constantly on each campaign.
    5. Sometimes ingame triggers fail to activate, leaving you having to kill yourself to return to an earlier checkpoint, e.g sometimes when hacking something as a marine, it'll never actually finish hacking. 6. Pressing e to do a killing move seems cool at first, and provides initial entertainment, becomes incredibly boring once you've seen it dozens of times and will go out your way to just beat enemy npc's to death to avoid seeing the same drawn out animation again. 7. Awful menu system with rubbish options. 8. Buggy sound system. 9. Poor amount of multiplayer maps. 10. Npc's are pretty dumb and easy to exploit the weaknesses in the A.I to easily kill anything on any difficulty.
  57. M.B.
    Mar 20, 2010
    I played the game recently and have to say: It is not AvP 2. In some moments it is better but it ahs its worse moments too. Giving it a bad score because you cant crouch is kiddy like. In Operation Flashpoint you hardly cant jump.... but it is an awesome game. BTC: Marine Gameplay: Awesome, even one Alien could be a deadly enemy... it is an atmosperic and breathtaking adventure. Alien I played the game recently and have to say: It is not AvP 2. In some moments it is better but it ahs its worse moments too. Giving it a bad score because you cant crouch is kiddy like. In Operation Flashpoint you hardly cant jump.... but it is an awesome game. BTC: Marine Gameplay: Awesome, even one Alien could be a deadly enemy... it is an atmosperic and breathtaking adventure. Alien Gamplay: More like a casual game it shows how the insurgency happend. Feels like a movie. Predator: Awesome! Even the second and third run showed new ways to encounter enemys. Bad things: Too short, sometimes too easy. Game looks and plays to much X-Box like. Please stop making games for both: Pc and X-Box. Expand
  58. JoshQ
    Feb 16, 2010
    How can you give a game like call of duty MW 9s and 10s and then give this game a 7. This is not only the most fun but most innovative multiplayer fps I've ever played and I've played a lot. Playing this game with friends makes me forget time completely. All 3 species have unique fun gameplay, though as far as I'm concerned predators are blatantly Over-Powered, but I assume How can you give a game like call of duty MW 9s and 10s and then give this game a 7. This is not only the most fun but most innovative multiplayer fps I've ever played and I've played a lot. Playing this game with friends makes me forget time completely. All 3 species have unique fun gameplay, though as far as I'm concerned predators are blatantly Over-Powered, but I assume the devs will fix this soon as they catch wind of it from players. It's moreso skill-based than any fps released in past 2 years. If you think an arcade shooter masked as a tactical one like COD MW is skillbased you'll probably end up crying this is too tough for you, after all with this new cater-to-console age its rare you find anything truly skill based anymore as well as innovative. Expand
  59. RyanB
    Mar 2, 2010
    i only vote zero to help bring down the score to something more useful to anyone who considers buying it! i would give it a 4 for looking so damn pretty and then downed it to a 3 for the pretty cutscenes being buggy and crashing my computer after watching half of them! Looks is all this game has done well tho, probably (as someone said) using the AVP films as their main inspiration i only vote zero to help bring down the score to something more useful to anyone who considers buying it! i would give it a 4 for looking so damn pretty and then downed it to a 3 for the pretty cutscenes being buggy and crashing my computer after watching half of them! Looks is all this game has done well tho, probably (as someone said) using the AVP films as their main inspiration source. im a huge fan of the aliens and predator series and if you are a fan also who just hasnt bought this game yet...DONT! its just not worth it! i did not experience the overly dark screen problems some other gamers have had but i think i might darken my screen more to get some element of fear out of playing a marine! its just not scary! they have ruined it by having the aliens move so slow and giving them too much health, these aliens are morbidly obese im guessing!! less health more speed please! the combat in the avp 2 game was a total adrenaline rush! So very many awful choices have been made in this games creation! no crouching!? seriously!? predators can only use a powerfull jump by "focusing" to find glowing jump way points!...why restrict the players movement so much!? a marine holding his arms up will not stop a lunging aliens teeth and claws!! his arms would quickly be removed! so who thought that would be a good idea!? The marine campaign was supposed to be the best i heard but was very quickly ruined for me by the bad combat and lack of fear! also why does it take 3 head shoots to kill an alien on normal!? in the aliens film their head burst like ripened water melons on one or two shots!. i guess they had to do that as they had to give their extremely unfit, needs to go to the gym style aliens need some sort of advantage! predator campaign impressed me with the first little combat trial thing at the start, along with the hulking feel they gave to being a predator!predators and aliens stopping each others attacks i can understand but the marines should be very weak in that area! the enemy marine ai was obviously awful right from the start! also they broke the predator by giving him virtually no energy storage and no way to restore it without draining some marine tech, also gave him med kits......AVP2 had it better. and why has the amazing multi vision predator mask just turned in to thermal goggles?! where are the other visions?! AVP had 4 i was expecting more from this installment! I haven't even started the alien campaign as ive heard its the worst and may spare myself the dissapointment and just uninstall it. add to the awful game play choices the many errors and bugs many people have had, and it becomes questionable why they released this game in the state its in. So overall, i was expecting much more from this installment! It is a horrendous disappointment to realize i have waited so long for a new AVP game and this is what im presented with, combined with the thought that this sequel means there is no chance of a good version being released any time soon and i may have to wait another decade for something to beat AVP2, unless a mod that fixes the game is released. Expand
  60. BryanB.
    Feb 18, 2010
    Way scarier than the origonal. The graphics are great and the music and sound effects make for a very enjoyable if not nail bitingly suspensful playing experience.
  61. Tidi
    Feb 19, 2010
    As an avid alien fan, and a huge lover of the other 2 games in the series i had high expectations for this game. Unfortunaltey i felt it fell short of the other 2 games in terms of singleplayer, that is not to say that rebellion have done a fantastic job with the look and feel and the controls of each race, the alien is fast, stealthy and merciless, its easy to control even with the As an avid alien fan, and a huge lover of the other 2 games in the series i had high expectations for this game. Unfortunaltey i felt it fell short of the other 2 games in terms of singleplayer, that is not to say that rebellion have done a fantastic job with the look and feel and the controls of each race, the alien is fast, stealthy and merciless, its easy to control even with the transitional walk walking, this was one of my biggest gripes with the second game and rebellion have really ironed the alien out and made it fun, an extreme amount of fun infact, i was having so much fun i powered through the single player far to fast, and it was over as i was just getting into the groove of being an alien, this is what disappointed me the most, the single player isn't short its 1/4 of the size of the second games alien campaign, i can count on 1 hand the levels, it took me roughly 3 hours tops to finish the alien campaign, it almost feels like a tutorial for multiplayer. Playing the marine is very VERY atmospheric and if you enjoyed the scares and jumps and the fear factor the radar brings to the table in the second game is right up your street, the predator has been redone very well, the controls really show how much thought rebellion has put into this, when all 3 races feel beautifull executed. The game stays true to the franchise and fans like myself will love it, but will probably be left wanting more. And like myself will go check out the multiplayer scene. This is another strong point for AVP and the game modes are a lot of fun, dedicated servers are not quiet there yet, but atleast there in the pipeline, the current system feels a little slow, if not well structered, and the action like the first player seems very chopped up and not to fluid, like watching a tv program with the adverts being 5 mins long to fill up the hour. The game is beautiful visually and controls like a dream but the action is either to short or just to chopped up to give you the punch that the others did. Expand
  62. JamesH.
    Feb 21, 2010
    I can not believe the ratings some of these big shot game sites have given this game. I have played all the AVP games and I am a die hard fan of the Aliens and the Predators. Single player on this game wasn't exactly challenging but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun either. Creeping along as a marine not knowing when something is going to sneak up behind you, it was quite I can not believe the ratings some of these big shot game sites have given this game. I have played all the AVP games and I am a die hard fan of the Aliens and the Predators. Single player on this game wasn't exactly challenging but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun either. Creeping along as a marine not knowing when something is going to sneak up behind you, it was quite intense. And as the alien you felt a need to sneak and crawl and the satisfactory feeling when you pounce on your prey. And fellas, the predator tops it all.. It just doesn't get old pulling heads off. Along with the awesome weapons you have to choose from. I found single player short, yet very enjoyable and satisfying. Multi-player was also fun as well, much more challenging than single player of course. Timing your blocks and strikes.. Making quick sprints for cover, the game just doesn't get old. I think they did a very good job of making this game, the graphics are beautiful along with all the effects. I give this game a 9 out of 10 because I would have liked the single player to have been longer, and the lack of dedicated servers. Expand
  63. JimiR
    Feb 23, 2010
    This game is amazing! brilliant graphics, ai and gameplay overall to perfection. They only bad thing I find in this game was the lag on multiplayer but I never play multiplayer on any game so it doesn't bug me. If I'd love multiplayer I'd put an 8. But as I love singleplayer more I just have to give a 10.
  64. SethS.
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have no idea why people are saying this game is "Horrible" "Crap" "Stupid" "Junk" honestly, this game is great, i played 1 mission from all 3 campaigns (did not play multiplayer yet however) and i love it, rediculous gore, amazing graphics, great gameplay only reason why it doesnt deserve a 10 is because it lacked a few simple things, cant crouch, cant zoom in on pistol or any weapons I have no idea why people are saying this game is "Horrible" "Crap" "Stupid" "Junk" honestly, this game is great, i played 1 mission from all 3 campaigns (did not play multiplayer yet however) and i love it, rediculous gore, amazing graphics, great gameplay only reason why it doesnt deserve a 10 is because it lacked a few simple things, cant crouch, cant zoom in on pistol or any weapons as far as i know of, that is about all i could find, i read reviews and saw a few bad ratings on the game but more good ones, so i risked it and bought the game, i love it and do not regret buying this one bit, take my advice, go for it, buy it now:) Expand
  65. JeremyL
    Feb 23, 2010
    This game was spectacular in every way I possibly wanted it to be. Many people complain graphics and lighting was off, but you can't argue with that because your computer sucked (Owned.) The gaming for marine was exactly what I expected, if you played hard or nightmare of course. Through every corner even when there was no blinking motion detector, I was always scared. The This game was spectacular in every way I possibly wanted it to be. Many people complain graphics and lighting was off, but you can't argue with that because your computer sucked (Owned.) The gaming for marine was exactly what I expected, if you played hard or nightmare of course. Through every corner even when there was no blinking motion detector, I was always scared. The headhuggers always had me worried no matter what situation, and some aliens seemed to find you when you needed it the least. Acid blood was the best part, because even though it P****d you off, you still loved the enjoyable effect knowing you had to run like a chicken if they got to close to shoot. The flamethrower wasn't overpowered to the extreme like the first AVP, and the effect to make walls of flames were also brilliant, even though not much used. Going back to the Predator campaign, the story all the way through was great. Stealth hunting, mines, explosive cannons, a spear to own faces, and dont forget the most favorite (and unfortunently abused) disk of doom! As you progress through the predators story, you also realize you have to use better tactics or your going to die quite quickly. Everything was mostly needed or you could in fact be compromised quite easily. Not to mention the great amount of blood and guts introduced by pulling a marines head through his chest and looking in there eyes. Now for the Alien campaign, you couldn't feel more like a lethal weapon then what was given. Being sneaky, finding advantage points, and harvesting your prey, was all I needed. Every time I would harvest a civilian, or tear a victim to shreds, I felt the utmost satisfaction in knowing I completed the part I needed, not mentioning how I also felt so bad knowing I just shoved my tail through a marines rectum up through his throat and out his mouth. The story lines were a bit confusion though inbetween, but you realize it near the end. Overall I give this game a 9 out of 10, simply because they didn't include stranded from AVP 2000! P.s. - To all members of the AVP community and the people reading this - THe little bugs and glitches will be patched over time, and all them unfair advantages you call, weren't so unfair when you were doing them to others. Without the range on Aliens tail, the marines would eat Aliens instead. Without the preds health and abilitys, he would be a slow running alien, and without the marines motion sensor and gun, he would be a harvesting snack food. Expand
  66. TristynN
    Mar 11, 2010
    This game is very fun and could be better than it is alot of people online and anywhere in the game for that matter have lost the idea of the game Preadators search and destroy Humans defend themselves And Xenomorphs lurk in shadows waiting for some poor victum to die. Online play should be more darkened than it is and vision needs more restriction for humans and aliens. but all around This game is very fun and could be better than it is alot of people online and anywhere in the game for that matter have lost the idea of the game Preadators search and destroy Humans defend themselves And Xenomorphs lurk in shadows waiting for some poor victum to die. Online play should be more darkened than it is and vision needs more restriction for humans and aliens. but all around this game is definately worth playing. Expand
  67. JamesJ.
    Mar 14, 2010
    Well big laugh, it's alright but the support sucks Big Time, i so wish the multiplayer would be better Because the amount of Hosts who leave when the match has nearly finished has to be sorted out NOW. SO YES BASICLY THEY ALL LEAVE WHILE THE MATCH HAS STARTED AND LOSE YOU'RE XP and i can't believe their isn't no servers half the Time, where has all the dedciated Well big laugh, it's alright but the support sucks Big Time, i so wish the multiplayer would be better Because the amount of Hosts who leave when the match has nearly finished has to be sorted out NOW. SO YES BASICLY THEY ALL LEAVE WHILE THE MATCH HAS STARTED AND LOSE YOU'RE XP and i can't believe their isn't no servers half the Time, where has all the dedciated servers gone strange. Expand
  68. BryanM.
    Mar 1, 2010
    Phenomenal presentation for fans of the movies. Challenging gameplay, interesting dynamics. Beautiful graphics! Give this one a shot, the 'Official' reviews are horribly misguided.
  69. Serraphyn
    Mar 29, 2010
    I only give a 1 for the decent graphics. This game is such a disappointment to AVP game fans. THere is little to no character development really, wow you get a new gun or you have more health. There is no customization of your characters in single or multiplayer mode. The 'skin' idea is a joke, give real new classes not just random crap skins. there should be more then just I only give a 1 for the decent graphics. This game is such a disappointment to AVP game fans. THere is little to no character development really, wow you get a new gun or you have more health. There is no customization of your characters in single or multiplayer mode. The 'skin' idea is a joke, give real new classes not just random crap skins. there should be more then just sprint/walk/jog modes in this game. What happened to sitting, crawling or crouching? This game is probably the most lazy excuse I have seen in a LONG time for a game. If Rebellion wants a real developer leader to help with gaming ideas, get a hold of me. There are some other games out there that are free and have better game mechanics then this one. A true disappointment, wow I'm a pred, alien, or human, nothing special to it. Old games Like Doom had more substance to them then this one. Honestly, unless they do some major patches to fix and update game, I'd suggest taking the 60$ you pay and buy some other game with same quality, take the other 55$ and buy someone you love a dinner out. AVOID THIS GAME. Expand
  70. JamesD
    Mar 4, 2010
    There is so much potential lost in the game. Single player is awesome beyond measure but multiplayer is a lost cause. Huge wait times for finding servers and to top it off. You cant even see the servers only hit the quick match button. Without dedicated servers your at the mercy of all the morons out there as well. The attack seems to home in on the target even if its too far away for a There is so much potential lost in the game. Single player is awesome beyond measure but multiplayer is a lost cause. Huge wait times for finding servers and to top it off. You cant even see the servers only hit the quick match button. Without dedicated servers your at the mercy of all the morons out there as well. The attack seems to home in on the target even if its too far away for a melee hit. Also the weapons/ classes are not balanced due to the predators arsenal vs the humans one hit and dead life pool. Teh guns are spread way too far out and have huge respawn timers unlike the predators gear. I am not happy with the multiplayer but single player makes it a must have. Expand
  71. MonolithR
    Mar 7, 2010
    I give it a one for the dark atmosphere and the ambient sounds in the game. The rest is total junk. This is what happens when SEGA a producer of console games gets a hold of a PC franchise. Lets build a game for the console then map out the same controls onto a keyboard and mouse because we dont want to take the extra time (money) required to make it work better on a PC. If you bought a I give it a one for the dark atmosphere and the ambient sounds in the game. The rest is total junk. This is what happens when SEGA a producer of console games gets a hold of a PC franchise. Lets build a game for the console then map out the same controls onto a keyboard and mouse because we dont want to take the extra time (money) required to make it work better on a PC. If you bought a really nice rig and dont wish to cheapen it by playing a console like game on a computer then dont buy this game. Not enough weapon selection, marine movement is restricted to say the least, you cant even crouch. It feels like I am walking through quicksand and the jump is hilarious, or those sparks I see everytime my feet land? No wonder I cant jump, I have steel boots on lol!! No class weapons are you kidding me? You mean in multi I have to compete with 17 other players for a smartgun and grenades that respawn every 5min? Huge bullet lag, I squeeze the trigger and a half second later a bullet strikes the wall not but 1 ft ahead of me. No wheel up and down for weapon, again its for console with the pc as an after thought this also probably explains why crouch doesnt exist. Not enough buttons on the controller, forget computers have a keyboard. Wow you mean I cant even toggle wall walk off/on for aliens I guess that too would also require another button that a keyboard has but a 360/PS3 doesnt. The pred weapons are boring to say the least they all do the same thing nothing really unique about them, the trophy kills get boring quick and who wants a one hit button spam fest in multi anyway. The melee system is a joke, you auto hit people when in range of melee because rebellion thought it looked better (more realistic) than if you just have a hit box ahead of you and that you hit anything in that area you swing aim at. SEGA needs to leave the more complicated games alone and stick to sonic the freakin hedgehog. Rebellion sold out and this third bomb will cost them their reputation I hope they stick with console games because Rebellions PC venture will more than likely be a dead venture for a long time. Sega capitlized off of a pc franchise, ruined it with this pile of dung but made a ton of money on preorders due to the game being cheaply made and of course taking advantage of us PC people who were waiting 9 years for the next installment of a once untarnished franchise. Even the maps are really basic, whatever happened to being able to hide someplace away from aliens and preds?This game cant even hold a candle to AVP2. If you liked AVP2 then you will hate AVP. It is missing all the things that make a FPS a classic, but hey the graphics are neat who cares about play control right... right? Expand
  72. jm
    Mar 7, 2010
    Where do you start? I think the fact that steam activation is required got my goat from the start. You have to have steam running and it took ages to install. Only during the never ending installation did I notice the disclamer on the back of the cover, about size 2 font, that it required steam. After Half-Life 2 I vowed never to purchase another steam game. Well years later I have been Where do you start? I think the fact that steam activation is required got my goat from the start. You have to have steam running and it took ages to install. Only during the never ending installation did I notice the disclamer on the back of the cover, about size 2 font, that it required steam. After Half-Life 2 I vowed never to purchase another steam game. Well years later I have been stupid enough to relent. I was looking forward to the game cos I enjoyed the AvP and AvP2 so much. The mulitplayer mode in 2 was particularly fun. This new version has not only taken a step back but turned around and run as fast as it can in the opposite direction. The overall impression that the game leaves me with is of lazy console design. The maps are poor, small and have a clunky feel. The menus are a nightmare to use. The multiplayer matchup is unseable. As for the gameplay? Lucy that I've only played as the alien, as it was most fun in the earlier games, Its just plain broken and poor; the switch to wall walking works badly, dropping from wall walking throws you off in a stupid direction every time...C'mon a simple drop and orient you upwards would have sufficed...no crouch? who thought that up?...the vents are stupid and unnecessary...th AI is the worst I've seen in 10 years...I'm starting to get bored of writing anymore about it its that bad. On the plus side it has taught me to read a game cover before I buy it as I will not give another steam game the chance to steal hours of my life for an installation and advert infested spy software to monitor my gaming. It deserves about 2, maybe 1 but gets 0 to bring its score down to something that might warn gamers off a poor title. Expand
  73. AnthonyF
    Mar 9, 2010
    Great update to a classic title. Like one of the reviewers said, you will feel like you're playing an old-school game, but that's not a bad thing. On Dx11 the visuals shine but the Dx9 version is a little underwhelming. Single player doesn't take very long to complete and doensn't have an innovative story but is good at introducing you to all the gameplay concepts. Great update to a classic title. Like one of the reviewers said, you will feel like you're playing an old-school game, but that's not a bad thing. On Dx11 the visuals shine but the Dx9 version is a little underwhelming. Single player doesn't take very long to complete and doensn't have an innovative story but is good at introducing you to all the gameplay concepts. Multiplayer is really where this game shines. The 6 modes are very well constructed and play to the various combat techniques of the three species. The only problem with multiplayer, now that dedicated servers have been released, is that there are only 6 maps right now. But this is about to be changed as Rebellion is releasing a map pack soon and a mod kit has been promised. Great game from a talanted developer, here's hoping for a sequal. Expand
  74. KyleF
    Apr 1, 2010
    This game is awesome. The graphics were good not awesome but good. But game play wise this game knocks it out of the park! My heart was racing when I had my first AvP fight and Quite frankly I am still excited from the fight. The alien campaign was one of my favorite campaign of all time next to half-life . The Predator was Predator good not nearly as awesome as the alien campaign but I This game is awesome. The graphics were good not awesome but good. But game play wise this game knocks it out of the park! My heart was racing when I had my first AvP fight and Quite frankly I am still excited from the fight. The alien campaign was one of my favorite campaign of all time next to half-life . The Predator was Predator good not nearly as awesome as the alien campaign but I still enjoined de-spineing . marines nonetheless . Marine was awesome to. Multilayer was fast paced and had lots of modes. This could be one of the best games rebellion has made! Expand
  75. Slavko
    Apr 9, 2010
    No technical issues, everything runs smooth, with satisfied Frames; nice sounds, but whats important: lazy, short and shameless port from console; horrible controls, not optimised for PC - player needs to press 3-4 buttons at the same time to use Predator with some results; weak combat system; only 4 maps for Species Team DM is a joke, same as payment for additional maps in DLC; product No technical issues, everything runs smooth, with satisfied Frames; nice sounds, but whats important: lazy, short and shameless port from console; horrible controls, not optimised for PC - player needs to press 3-4 buttons at the same time to use Predator with some results; weak combat system; only 4 maps for Species Team DM is a joke, same as payment for additional maps in DLC; product should be reconsider as not yet ready, because of Dedicated Server beta - it's like selling Microsoft Office with Microsoft Word beta - disrespecting for players and fans; empty servers / no players mostly; developers arrogancy. Absolute must have for desperated hardcore fans of AvP franchise, cuz there is alot much better games. Expand
  76. MartinH
    May 3, 2010
    Aliens vs Predator is an eerie, dark experience that has three campaigns running side by side. You get to play as a marine, a predator and an alien in these missions. The campaigns are a bit short but are good nevertheless. The multiplayer mode is where the game comes to life however. The graphics are really great and is one of the few games to utilise DirectX 11. If you was a fan of the Aliens vs Predator is an eerie, dark experience that has three campaigns running side by side. You get to play as a marine, a predator and an alien in these missions. The campaigns are a bit short but are good nevertheless. The multiplayer mode is where the game comes to life however. The graphics are really great and is one of the few games to utilise DirectX 11. If you was a fan of the original AvP then I'd definately pick this up but if not then it may not be for you. Still this is a good game that keeps you coming back for more. Expand
  77. RusselN
    May 5, 2010
    Aliens vs. Predator 2 is a far better game. The graphics aren't as good, but nobody loves a game just for its graphics! All the hype around this and they blew it. Fox seems determined to strangle every last penny out of the Alien vs. Predator story arc and they are killing it in the process.
  78. Brandon
    Feb 18, 2010
    AvP 2010 improves on the first in every way other than lack of industrial mp maps (the first game had lack of jungle maps). That is, if you don't mind the console features - but you get quickly used to them. The animations, models and maps are all very reminiscent of the movies. Multiplayer is generally a wonderful experience even on non-dedicated servers. The shifting pyramid map AvP 2010 improves on the first in every way other than lack of industrial mp maps (the first game had lack of jungle maps). That is, if you don't mind the console features - but you get quickly used to them. The animations, models and maps are all very reminiscent of the movies. Multiplayer is generally a wonderful experience even on non-dedicated servers. The shifting pyramid map from the AvP movie is original. AvP 2010 is an intense and remarkably creepy experience for multiplayer. I wasn't frightened by the multiplayer atmosphere with the lack of dark industrial maps; but, because there are so many ways to lose alien and predator players, I found myself being scared more than a few times after me getting adjusted to the animations and map layouts. If you are not turned off by console features and Aliens, this will probably be the go-to shooter by the end of the year and if you enjoyed AvP 2000 and AvP 2 then, with the exception of the short single player experience and storyline, you will enjoy this one better. Expand
  79. JamesM.
    Feb 18, 2010
    From the point of few of an avid alien and predator fan I can say i really enjoyed my time with this game while the singleplayer was a little shortcoming the mutiplayer has always been what the AVP games are about and this is the area where the most fun is to be had. Looking at the reviews of others it I would say if you have no interest in the alien or predator franchise then you may From the point of few of an avid alien and predator fan I can say i really enjoyed my time with this game while the singleplayer was a little shortcoming the mutiplayer has always been what the AVP games are about and this is the area where the most fun is to be had. Looking at the reviews of others it I would say if you have no interest in the alien or predator franchise then you may atleast want to wait until the game is cheaper as there are more polished games on the market at the moment however if you have interest in either of the franchises then I am sure you will have fun with this game. Expand
  80. TravisS
    Feb 19, 2010
    What happened to freedom of movement and direct line of sight and why are the marines so limited in the future? A far cry from its original series. It looks like a console game without thought for PC and is serious limited when it comes to the imagination. Sorely disappointed.
  81. ChanceK.
    Feb 19, 2010
    This game is possibly one of the most innovative and fun shooters I have yet played. The combat system and alien wall crawling have, without a doubt, redefined multiplayer gaming and, while it may be perhaps a bit short, the campaigns are fun as well. I can see myself going back and replaying again and again. There are a few technical problems here and there, and at times movement can This game is possibly one of the most innovative and fun shooters I have yet played. The combat system and alien wall crawling have, without a doubt, redefined multiplayer gaming and, while it may be perhaps a bit short, the campaigns are fun as well. I can see myself going back and replaying again and again. There are a few technical problems here and there, and at times movement can feel a bit odd, but none of that detracts from the overall experience of the game. A patch or two should fix up any such mishaps, anyway. I'm glad I purchased this game. I cannot wait until the dedicated servers are up! Whether you are fighting for your life in the darkness of space as a marine, silently lurking in darkness awaiting your next victim as the alien, or taking the heads of your venerable foes as a predator, this game rules! Expand
  82. Jimmy
    Feb 20, 2010
    Aliens vs Predator 3 is a great game. I have just been mucking around on multiplayer and surivior modes are they are great. Muitlplayer is such a change from Call of Duty clones with the Alien and Predator in the game also being very balanced in the species. The predator has less weapons than it did in the previous games forcing them to use there wrist blades more often with the great Aliens vs Predator 3 is a great game. I have just been mucking around on multiplayer and surivior modes are they are great. Muitlplayer is such a change from Call of Duty clones with the Alien and Predator in the game also being very balanced in the species. The predator has less weapons than it did in the previous games forcing them to use there wrist blades more often with the great meele combat you can knock players on the ground, block attacks its not just alien claw spam like in the first two games. The Alien is very fun to play jumping from wall to wall waiting for a good time to attack. The alien can sense player through walls if they are close which is good because the alien can feel underpowered at times only having meele attacks. The marine is exciting to play as, most of the maps are quite dark and you have only a flashlight and motiontracker you never know when you are going to be attacked from. The trophey kills in the multiplayer is a cool idea because that would be what a alien or predator would have done if they were behind someone. it takes a few seconds to do the kill which leaves you wide open to attack so you have to make sure there is no one about before doing it or someone could kill you and the player you are killing. Another thing i love is that they have put in the survivor mode in which is like the skirmish from the first one but its not as crazy with waves of Aliens that get harder and smarter climbing on the walks and than attacking you and than running away and sneaking up on you again. Expand
  83. SeanM
    Feb 20, 2010
    It's not terrible, and it's not bad, but it's also not fantastic. It's visually pretty, and the sound design is pretty well done. It does take a decent system to make it not look awful, but hey, that's how PC gaming works. The single player was good, not fantastic, and definitely not innovative. It's the same formula as all FPS games, but as the alien you get It's not terrible, and it's not bad, but it's also not fantastic. It's visually pretty, and the sound design is pretty well done. It does take a decent system to make it not look awful, but hey, that's how PC gaming works. The single player was good, not fantastic, and definitely not innovative. It's the same formula as all FPS games, but as the alien you get to run on walls. That's it, folks. The multiplayer is a different story all together. It is very clear that multiplayer was the focal point of this game's development. It is well balanced, well conceived, and very fun. The multiplayer map design, while there isn't a huge number of maps, is top notch. When the dedicated servers are released, the multiplayer on this one will be a top-notch gaming experience. Certainly better than the disaster of MW2, but still not quite up there with L4D, TF2, and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Of course, it is a different type of game from most online shooters, so it's experimental mechanics tend to make fans of frenetic, high-octane multiplayer games like TF2 or MW2 shy away. However, if you were a fan of the previous iterations of AvP (both of them,) this game shouldn't disappoint. The controls are different, and it is definitely NOT the same game as those, but if you can get past the fact this isn't AvP2 with better graphics, you should enjoy this game. Expand
  84. LeonE
    Feb 20, 2010
    I loved this game. the graphics are amazing and theres loads of gore for the blood thristy people (like me) the predator gameplay uses stealth in some missions but not all the time which made it quite harder since it was hard to use the weapons you had since you didnt have much enegry. you would have to fight robots which was a bad idea because you couldnt discrat them therefore haveing I loved this game. the graphics are amazing and theres loads of gore for the blood thristy people (like me) the predator gameplay uses stealth in some missions but not all the time which made it quite harder since it was hard to use the weapons you had since you didnt have much enegry. you would have to fight robots which was a bad idea because you couldnt discrat them therefore haveing to fight them with claws which they have shotguns and machine guns and everything. the alien was bad i didnt understand a thing and its so hard. the marines were EPIC i love how you can get creeped out of where things were going to come from although you will be alone a lot if your not the team mates will die. alothough the single player is short the mulitplayer game was quite good. GOOD THINGS: There were loads of enjoyable gamemodes to choose from. there was co-op and competive gameplay. some teammates will work with you. there are customibale settings! BAD THINGS: It was soo hard to browse for a game and join. your teammates leave you to die. there is quite a bit of lag. but because iam a fan of the alien vs predator francise i will give this game a 9 out of 10 because i love playing as the predator annd using diffrent tactics to defeat the aliens and marines i would really reccomend this game to people reading this review. Expand
  85. TomI
    Feb 22, 2010
    Rebellion messed the bed on this one. I loved 1 & 2 so I got really excited for this. Unfortunately I, like thousands of others, have been pleading for a patch from day one. The multiplayer is hopelessly broken and borderline unplayable. The ironically labeled "Quick Match" takes up to 10 minutes to connect to a server with pings hovering around 1200. We've had no concrete word on a Rebellion messed the bed on this one. I loved 1 & 2 so I got really excited for this. Unfortunately I, like thousands of others, have been pleading for a patch from day one. The multiplayer is hopelessly broken and borderline unplayable. The ironically labeled "Quick Match" takes up to 10 minutes to connect to a server with pings hovering around 1200. We've had no concrete word on a patch or supposed dedicated servers. Yes, I'm aware 360 players are having a blast along with 3 or 4 very vocal apologists who bought it on Steam. But the rest of us feel ripped off. Unlike some others however, I don't mind the DX9 Unreal 3 graphics. I think they're just fine. And the Marine's SP mission is an entertaining diversion. It gets a solid 4. Expand
  86. ThomasH
    Feb 20, 2010
    Great game, deserves at least a 7 A lot of issues. The voice acting is terrible at parts. The story is just... not there, so don't buy this game for story, there is none. Multiplayer detected around 15 people playing, so yeh.. I tried one game, got a ping of 133 and well, quit.. Bring back dedicated servers please. I was pissed off quite a bit that there was no coop. I hate the way Great game, deserves at least a 7 A lot of issues. The voice acting is terrible at parts. The story is just... not there, so don't buy this game for story, there is none. Multiplayer detected around 15 people playing, so yeh.. I tried one game, got a ping of 133 and well, quit.. Bring back dedicated servers please. I was pissed off quite a bit that there was no coop. I hate the way the industry defines "coop" these days. Coop traditionally means playing through a CAMPAIGN with a mate. NOT a multiplayer mode, where you're just playing against bots. Which is what survival mode is in this. There's no campaign based around it, it's just a multiplayer mode. L4D is coop because there's 4 CAMPAIGNS based around it. So when Steam sticks up coop on the store page, it's a bit fucking rich. Quake 3 had team deathmatch with bots, that doesn't make it coop. UT2004 had that survival mode too, IT DOESNT MAKE IT COOP. This is more to do with Steam's store page selling a game incorrectly though. So bleh.. So ofcourse my friend and I were annoyed at that, considering coop was what made the original AVP series so much fun. Playing through the first couple of levels as the Marine was very fun. We both agreed it scared the shit out of us not having the quicksave. It's easily the best campaign and the most fun you'll have with this game. My friend stopped playing after that. I then finished the game in one go. The Alien campaign is.. fun, but it doesn't take you through the birth cycle like the old AvP did. So the whole campaign, although great fun, gets repetitive VERY quickly. And thus by the end, you're wanting it to end, so you can just move onto the Predator. The Predator campaign annoyed me. He's nowhere near as fun to play now. So much of his toys and kit are missing it's ridiculous. The overshoulder laser cannon sounds awful, and is fairly useless at killing anything. The spear is great, but why doesn't it stick in the model, you throw it at them and it just disappears.. kind've lame from a game boasting DX11 tech. Finally, the bosses are just awful. Playing on normal, some were too easy, and then out of nowhere they became incredibly difficult. The final boss on the Predator campaign was just too easy. And felt very anti-climactic really. The Praetorian was just too hard, but I eventually did it somehow. The two Predators and the Elite Predator were far too easy for a normal mode setting. Also despite dxdiag thinking I have DX11, apparently AvP doesn't, bit lame but the game looks amazing anyway. It's a shame Rebellion made the stupid decision of not putting in dedicated servers from the get-go. Because the demo was a lot of fun on the PC, and the different modes look great. Some press have given this game 5/10 or 50% scores. Thats just harsh.. the game is very well made and you're not going to see a better looking AvP game for a while. Aside from that, it offers the same package as any Halo game, and is just as good. All it's missing is the stupid orchestral music and slightly better voice acting. So in summary, not great. But worth a look if you can get it at bargain bin price, or a rental. Expand
  87. MrRoflzpants
    Feb 23, 2010
    single player was bearable but gets boring, multiplayer is slow, im not talking about lag, just arn't enuf people playing this game and its hard to find a server over all i was disppointed with multiplayer has very few game modes, server captaivity isn't very impressive either lucky i got this game for 30 dollars off amazon.com overall wasn't bad for the money but a big let single player was bearable but gets boring, multiplayer is slow, im not talking about lag, just arn't enuf people playing this game and its hard to find a server over all i was disppointed with multiplayer has very few game modes, server captaivity isn't very impressive either lucky i got this game for 30 dollars off amazon.com overall wasn't bad for the money but a big let down =( this is not game of the year material booo!!!! Expand
  88. GmanH
    Feb 26, 2010
    What can I say. I played the demo which was seriously messed up, but made the mistake of thinking I could see the potential lurking beneath. Then I played the game, and realised that rebellion would insure I would never get to see that potential fullfilled. The game is unfinished, and a complete mess. There are numerous bugs which will cause you problems even getting the game started. What can I say. I played the demo which was seriously messed up, but made the mistake of thinking I could see the potential lurking beneath. Then I played the game, and realised that rebellion would insure I would never get to see that potential fullfilled. The game is unfinished, and a complete mess. There are numerous bugs which will cause you problems even getting the game started. Once you get it started you are faced with a multiplayer system which currently lacks the dedicated servers announced before launch. (They have only just started to work on building them, so it could easily be months before the game has functional D/S support). The player match system lets you browse for lobbies and lobbies only. You cannot join a game which is allready in progress. The player match system lists lobbies with no info on ping. In every single player match I have tried, my ping, and that of everyone else in the game except the host, has been 500 -1000. Ranked games...well you can use them if you want, but then you will run into yet more issues. If the host gets pissed off and quits, the game is over and you return back to the menu to look for another game. You will often join a game, and thanks to the messed up mellee system, and the tiny size of all 6 maps (yes, you read that right; this is a multiplayer release which comes with a grand total of 6 maps), the games will often end in under 2 minutes. Considering it may well have taken you 5 minutes to get into the game, thats a problem, especially when combined with the fact that when the game ends, you are again returned back to the main menu, where your pain starts all over again. Expand
  89. JayJay
    Feb 20, 2010
    A low quality execution of a beloved franchise just makes it that much more painful. Why does such a promising brand have to be consistently saddled with mediocrity in execution? Also I find it interesting how of the 8 Critics reviews, the four highest ones are all from sites that can't even bother to proofread what they write. Really takes away from their credibility. And then the A low quality execution of a beloved franchise just makes it that much more painful. Why does such a promising brand have to be consistently saddled with mediocrity in execution? Also I find it interesting how of the 8 Critics reviews, the four highest ones are all from sites that can't even bother to proofread what they write. Really takes away from their credibility. And then the lowest scores coming from big, well-known sites that are sometimes accused (however incorrectly) of over-rating games? That really says it all: This game is simply not worth buying if even the big guys can't find a reason to rate it 80+ points. Expand
  90. Mordoklej
    Mar 1, 2010
    Nice looking game but that's about it. I used to love AvP2 long time ago, but new AvP is nowhere near as great to play as AvP2 used to be. There are way too many issues to make this game something more than it is now.
  91. Alex
    Mar 11, 2010
    I had huge expectations about this game and I was dissapointed. This game is nothing I had immagined. Story sucks and so does rest of singleplayer. This game has the worst A.I I've ever seen in modern games. The only savin grace is multiplayer, which stays fun for while, but it could have been much better. It's heartbreaking to say that this game is nothing compared to AVP 1999 I had huge expectations about this game and I was dissapointed. This game is nothing I had immagined. Story sucks and so does rest of singleplayer. This game has the worst A.I I've ever seen in modern games. The only savin grace is multiplayer, which stays fun for while, but it could have been much better. It's heartbreaking to say that this game is nothing compared to AVP 1999 and AVP 2. I will give 0 because I have never had so high expectations for a game and I have never been so dissapointed. Expand
  92. NathanT
    Mar 1, 2010
    Solid, frantic gameplay. Single player is short, but this is no different from any other game that has come out recently. Multiplayer is fun and can be very fast paced. I recommend that most people should try before they buy. Go rent the 360 or PS3 version first and make certain that you think it is worth buying. Then go buy the PC version for less with the ability to upgrade the graphics Solid, frantic gameplay. Single player is short, but this is no different from any other game that has come out recently. Multiplayer is fun and can be very fast paced. I recommend that most people should try before they buy. Go rent the 360 or PS3 version first and make certain that you think it is worth buying. Then go buy the PC version for less with the ability to upgrade the graphics with a DX 11 video card and Vista or Windows 7. The graphics are very good in DirectX 11. The sound really immerses you in the game as well. Sounds taken directly from the series including the Alien screeches, pulse rifle fire, and the tell tale sound of the Predator chatter. I enjoy the game and fully understand that others will not like nor enjoy the game at all. This is merely my opinion and I feel that if you liked the Alien and Predator movies, at least give this a rent and see what you think. Expand
  93. SeriousCap.
    Mar 13, 2010
    This game is a good game and still has it creepy feel, esp if you're lanning. However, there are some things that it lacks. 1. No crouching (Rebellion should fix that). 2. If you're doing multiplayer and the host leaves, everyone gets disconnected. (Rebellion should do the same thing L4D franchise does. If the host leaves it goes to a different person). 3. Hosting (It's This game is a good game and still has it creepy feel, esp if you're lanning. However, there are some things that it lacks. 1. No crouching (Rebellion should fix that). 2. If you're doing multiplayer and the host leaves, everyone gets disconnected. (Rebellion should do the same thing L4D franchise does. If the host leaves it goes to a different person). 3. Hosting (It's random, which totally blows if someone who doesn't have a high end pc hosts the game, then you leave it open to disconnects and high latency). 4. Random games (Seriously they should think about having the ability to pick the server. OR have it better setup for lanning). Expand
  94. LarryW
    Mar 13, 2010
    One of the biggest dissapointments in gaming history---PERIOD! I am really surprised that Rebellion would put their name on this game----it could ruin them. Read all the ratings folks and then decide if you should waste money on it.. What Rebellion obviously counted on was getting as many pre-orders as possible before the release, so that when the game was finally available they had their One of the biggest dissapointments in gaming history---PERIOD! I am really surprised that Rebellion would put their name on this game----it could ruin them. Read all the ratings folks and then decide if you should waste money on it.. What Rebellion obviously counted on was getting as many pre-orders as possible before the release, so that when the game was finally available they had their money before the ratings appeared. It's a dark and dismal game which lacks many FPS functions (such as crouch). There is absolutely nothing new about this game and it even lacks a workable multi-player experience. It's atually not as advanced as the FIRST AVP game! It is so very obvious that this game was created as fast as possible with as little creative talent as possible to save on paying high wages. Just create a lousy game and sell it using the success of the first Aliens vs Predator as the marketing tool. The AVP series is now officially DEAD. What a shame and I was really looking forward to this game. I finished all three missions in one 8 hour sitting and uninstalled this piece of junk game. Spend your money on a GOOD game---not this farce. Expand
  95. RyanH
    Mar 1, 2010
    I believe this to be a worthy re-incarnation of a much loved franchise and i feel it captures the feel of the movies, especially aliens 2. from the beginning it felt as though i was reunited with an old friend and in my opinion any fan of either series will enjoy this one.
  96. DanijelL.
    Mar 1, 2010
    Great game, great content, but very bad execution. I am fan since first alien and predator movies. But this looks like another IP made for gathering people's money. Too many bugs, terrible coding. Its like beta game. If this was an BETA I would give it 9/10 .
  97. JohnF.
    Mar 20, 2010
    Probably the most fun I've had in a long time. I had played the demo and found that most of my skepticism was washed away as the multiplayer just blew my mind. I promptly purchased the game, going against the mediocre ratings. The single player is more or less there to learn how to play. Like in Chromehounds, the single player offered little or no story (That anyone would care about) Probably the most fun I've had in a long time. I had played the demo and found that most of my skepticism was washed away as the multiplayer just blew my mind. I promptly purchased the game, going against the mediocre ratings. The single player is more or less there to learn how to play. Like in Chromehounds, the single player offered little or no story (That anyone would care about) and was more or less training mode. The multi-player was the big part of this game for me. It's a whole new experience in the FPS realm. It's fun and addicting once you get the hang of each race. The lag isn't as bad as everyone says it is, and many people are constantly under rating this game because they compare it to titles of a completely different genre like cod 4. Most of the games top producers have been putting out these days are mediocre at best. L4D2 was terrible in my opinion, but I played the first one and loved it. Yet it received critical acclaim and is considered a great title. AvP comes along and gets bashed from people who don't think that it's 'scary'. It's as though people just think AvP and think of something terrible (Probably due to all of their flops). People just aren't looking in the right direction for this game. It's a shame that AvP will be buried at the bargain bin not even a few months from now. Expand
  98. MiscHief
    Mar 2, 2010
    Haven't actually played much of the single player bit yet, or much of the multiplayer either. Mostly due to being too busy playing Mount&Blade :P Single player marine campaign seems creepy as hell so far, "threepenny visuals"? did you play it on an xbox or something? Looks quite good to me. There's one major bummer for me with this game though, and that is the lack of coop Haven't actually played much of the single player bit yet, or much of the multiplayer either. Mostly due to being too busy playing Mount&Blade :P Single player marine campaign seems creepy as hell so far, "threepenny visuals"? did you play it on an xbox or something? Looks quite good to me. There's one major bummer for me with this game though, and that is the lack of coop single player marine campaign.. WHY DO NOBODY MAKE GOOD COOP GAMES ANYMORE??? I am missing the good true PC titles, and kinda sick of all this "oh we have to make it available for the console market" crap Meh I'll go play some serious sam HD with friends, yes it's got ancient mechanics (and visuals) compared to lot of popular shooters, but it delivers a few things all these major new titles can't, cause they are made for a consumerist market that are more concerned with graphics and hype than good gameplay (read: modern warfare 2... No it's not a terrible game, it has fun sides, when it works right, but it's just unimaginative, broken and hyped up) Anyway I am digressing, if this new AvP title had coop campaign I would give it about 2000 out of 10, but it doesn't so it's kind of a letdown right now, still haven't tried survivor mode with friends though, might be good fun. Design and graphics etc though, seriously what are you complaining about? It does good justice to the atmosphere fans of the series would expect. Expand
  99. ChrisB
    Mar 23, 2010
    First off, a little about me so this review will make sense. I've played this game, single and mulitplayer, on a PC, capable of delivering a decent framerate. I'm a gamer, logged hundreds of hours in games. Am capable of kicking your butt within seconds. =P And have played a total of 53.6hrs according to Steam. Now the review, this game is practically another popular game, just First off, a little about me so this review will make sense. I've played this game, single and mulitplayer, on a PC, capable of delivering a decent framerate. I'm a gamer, logged hundreds of hours in games. Am capable of kicking your butt within seconds. =P And have played a total of 53.6hrs according to Steam. Now the review, this game is practically another popular game, just better. On a PC, the visuals are brilliant, the controls are easy to pick up and the Alien is done quite well. Can take a while to get used to the disorientation, but once that's done, it's a complete blast. Campaigns are fun, and on the hardest setting are quite difficult. As a Marine, it's very easy to die from an exploding Alien's head spewing acid everywhere. Rather annoying, but makes sense. As always, easy is very easy, hardest is fun as. Multiplayer has some minor issues, most involve the lack of people playing this game leading to a lack of decent servers. I've had the server shut down, server fps being so bad we all lag out, etc. But nothing to do with the game itself. Basically, if you liked MW2 and want a change, you'll love this game. No ninja builds, but Pred stealths and plasy = :D:D:D Now some responses to other reviews: If you play the easy campaigns on X360, it's going to suck. The controls will be clunky, the visuals not so great. But it's a console, which many reviewers would do well to remember. They. Suck. Some other reviewers dislike the game because the campaigns are extremely similar. Well, that's the point. You play the same setting from three different point of views. That of the Marine, Alien and Predator. Marines it's a good old fashioned bug hunt in extremely cinematic fashion. As the Aliens, you play the lab rat breaking out. As the Predator, well, you do what Predators always do. :P Another thing reviewers are going on about is their computer crashing during cutscenes or in the game itself. Guess what, you need a computer made after 2000 to play this. Your old linux/95 box just won't be able to handle it. Surprise! Other people just don't seem to have played it at all. The Pred does get alternate vision modes, Multi Player (MP) is almost completely different from Single Player, the ai is at least equal to MW2, etc. MP is extremely balanced, surprisingly well done. The Aliens aren't completely over powered, Predators health relies on their energy so you can't just blast plasma cannon as much, and Marines have enough firepower to win as much as they lose. Maps are fun, co-op survival is a blast till you nade your friend. Summing up, ignore the reviews and play this game. Not on a console, not on a 10yr old computer. Play it for more than 10 seconds, play MP for a few hours AFTER playing the campaigns. It's much easier to get used to the controls that way, you die less. =P Play the campaigns on a difficulty setting above easy and normal. Cause really.. Those modes are for people who "are new to first person shooters". Same as all other games. If you like shooters and the feel of MW2, you'll love this game. Not the greatest game ever, but on my list that's American McGee's: Alice for the surrealistic headtrip so.. Most fun I've had in a shooter in years anyway. Expand
  100. JeffB
    Mar 29, 2010
    People without Directx 11 will not get the effect that the game is intended for. With the new Tesselation, the game feels so much like the Aliens movie that it is not even funny. People complaining about the environment or crashing simply do not have the technology that this game was intended for. I do recommend getting it if you loved AvP2. I also recommend getting it if you have a People without Directx 11 will not get the effect that the game is intended for. With the new Tesselation, the game feels so much like the Aliens movie that it is not even funny. People complaining about the environment or crashing simply do not have the technology that this game was intended for. I do recommend getting it if you loved AvP2. I also recommend getting it if you have a directx 11 card. I give it a 9 just because of the lack of multiplayer players online. Usually only 3-5 as of March 2010. If you are going to buy it, I would say wait until it goes on sale on Steam for $20. The game is worth at least that much, but not the $50. I Purchased it for $33 and find it a good investment. Overall, it looks like the multiplayer will eventually die out like The Ship did. But, the singleplayer and Directx 11 features put it in the new graphic genre quite well. Expand

1. A good campaign, the marine one, and some variety in gameplay mechanics provide a quite fun experience. Unfortunately some ideas lack polish and the other two-thirds of the single player are just not as good as they were supposed to be.
  2. Aliens Vs Predator is a standard First Person Shooter, but thanks to the Predator's and Xenomorph's campaigns, it entertains old and new players. Even the multiplayer mode is funny and well structured, but the graphics engine is not that good.
  3. The controls for Predators and Xenomorphs may be a bit tricky and the AI sometimes doesn't show any "Intelligence" at all, but nevertheless: AvP is a most-have for fans of the movies, as well as the games - especially if you're into absolute multiplayer-mayhem and dont mind "some" gore.