7.4

1. Feb 15, 2012
    Focusing on what AVP is instead of what it could have been; I thought this was a great little game. All three campaigns were fun, so much so that it's hard choosing one over the other. It has it's limitations like the linear gameplay and annoying little things like you can't crouch or take cover bug you like hell in the Marine campaign but I felt compelled to finish this game twice IFocusing on what AVP is instead of what it could have been; I thought this was a great little game. All three campaigns were fun, so much so that it's hard choosing one over the other. It has it's limitations like the linear gameplay and annoying little things like you can't crouch or take cover bug you like hell in the Marine campaign but I felt compelled to finish this game twice I enjoyed it so much. Expand
  2. Oct 13, 2013
    It's not bad. The way the campaign is segmented is fairly fun. It's pretty well executed but for some reason I just can't put my finger on it never really engaged with me... It's completely ok, just far from great.
  3. Oct 22, 2012
    I was a loved the Predator films when I first watched them in the early 2000's and my love of Alien soon followed. After the disappointing AvP films and having never tried one of the games I decided to let my prejudices down and give the latest iteration a go. First thing's first, this game is not worth anything more than £5. The reason as to why I think this is that there are threeI was a loved the Predator films when I first watched them in the early 2000's and my love of Alien soon followed. After the disappointing AvP films and having never tried one of the games I decided to let my prejudices down and give the latest iteration a go. First thing's first, this game is not worth anything more than £5. The reason as to why I think this is that there are three campaigns on offer: Marine, Alien and Predator. Whilst all 3 are fun (im using that word loosely) only one of them campaigns was worth my time in terms of challenge and length. That particular one is the Marine campaign, a good solid FPS from start to finish with a 2-3 hour length. The the Alien one is more of a stealth kind of approach, however the alien itself is too fast and light to control making precise actions difficult and is only an hour long. The Predator is stealthy again but gives you the choice to take stealth or action in the form of melee combat, however this character has too much going on such as all the various commands for weapons, actions and movement making it easy to just get in over your head and only boasting an hour long campaign again.
    Had the Marine one been longer by another 2 or 3 hours or had the other 2 campaigns been substantial enough it would have scored higher but only for the reason that the Marine campaign was half decent you may as well give this game a go.
  4. May 13, 2015
    I did not try multilayer. Single-player is very short - all three campaigns (Marine, Alien, Predator) took me 9.5 hours to finish on Normal difficulty. Kind of barren if you consider that you play about 3 hours with each character. Yes, there are quite some bugs plaguing the game, and the inability to adjust the FOV value immediately grants this game a (-1) from me 9a pretty lazy port,I did not try multilayer. Single-player is very short - all three campaigns (Marine, Alien, Predator) took me 9.5 hours to finish on Normal difficulty. Kind of barren if you consider that you play about 3 hours with each character. Yes, there are quite some bugs plaguing the game, and the inability to adjust the FOV value immediately grants this game a (-1) from me 9a pretty lazy port, as others have pointed out). The failure of the limited FOV is in its inability to provide the dramatic effect to the player - so many times i heard a moan and scream and could not figure out where it came from; only on second passing, from a previously saved checkpoint, would i find out that the screaming came from a very well animated marine, whose rib-cage was ripped apart by a newborn alien! Well, such an effect is pretty hard to spot, when your Field of View is about 60 degrees - like walking and looking through a box. For the most part, the quality of sound in this game is very high - however, the quality of performance of the dialogues and the actual effects are not that good at all. Voice acting is not top notch, the radar clicking got on my nerves after the first two minutes of the game (not the beeping of the approaching alien, mind you - but the obnoxious clicking sound of the radar, which cannot be muted), and the in-game remarks of the marines are pretty much limited to two sentences. I must say however, that the atmosphere is pretty well depicted, and for the most part i enjoyed going through the game. Although so much could have been done better, so much.... Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2011
    Some of the reviews on AvP are a little unfair, but they do have some valid points. Graphics are fairly good, but the campaigns are pretty short and they do replay large sections of the maps. Normally I'm against the latter, but each species' different abilities allow for varying tactics, and makes each playthough fairly unique. What really stands out is the atmosphere and the audioSome of the reviews on AvP are a little unfair, but they do have some valid points. Graphics are fairly good, but the campaigns are pretty short and they do replay large sections of the maps. Normally I'm against the latter, but each species' different abilities allow for varying tactics, and makes each playthough fairly unique. What really stands out is the atmosphere and the audio cues, particularly the Club Eden segment for the marine. I'm a little surprised by the rock-paper-scissors approach to melee combat, it's awkward at first and the idea of a human 'beating' a predator or alien in melee is kind of weird, but after a while you get used to it. Multiplayer is pretty fun, it's a little easier to find a match now with dedicated servers, but there is a steep learning curve, so don't expect to just jump in as an alien and tear people to shreds. It would have been great if this AvP's multiplayer had been set up similar to AvP2's, with different classes and expanded weaponry. I think it's still a decent enough game if you're a fan of the series, but please for the love of god Rebellion, don't hire Michelle "Tequila" Rodriguez to do anymore voiceover work. Expand
  6. Feb 3, 2011
    Before it was released, back in February 2010 a lot of people were talking about this game and it looked pretty good, they released a demo before the release and it was very unsuccessful, so unsuccessful they removed it off of steam within a few days.

The graphics are amazing, but let me just say that the 3 campaigns for this game are very short. Predator took me 3 hours to complete in total, and Alien is just confusing, Marine makes me want to kill myself because on your radar it keeps beeping and there is NO way you can stop it, its just, blip, blip, feeling like theres a headache at the back of your head. I'd rather listen to the Back To The Future song that repeats all the time on the first level, thats more enjoyable than that beep. The AI sucks, as a predator, the marines just run back and shoot you with an unrealistic SMG gun sound. The aliens on the other hand are much more intellegent and know how to kill.

Multiplayer is 100% dead. There are no servers at all. So I feel like I should give this game a 6 for its graphics and different gameplay style but 5 because of the annoying blip noise on the Marine campaign.

Either way, they concentrated way too much on the graphics instead of gameplay.
  7. Nov 26, 2013
    I'm not really a big fan of First Person Perspective games. I do think that Aliens vs Predator would have been better as an over-the-shoulder third-person actioner, even the 1994 side-scrolling beat-em-up version was better than this. But for what it is, it's still a worthwhile game.

I wasn't immediately hooked, to be honest. I found the combat system to be clunky and difficult, though once the first level was cleared things got better (this applies to all three campaigns). Some of the gameplay and tense moments actually reminded me a lot of Condemned 2: Bloodshot. You play as either the Predator, Colonial Marines, or an Alien in three individual stories that all tie together, each with their own set of pros and cons.

The story follows on from those utterly awful AvP movies, but connects it with the Alien and Predator franchise in a more cohesive way than those cinematic travesties managed. But the video game franchise of this particular crossover has been stuck as a First Person actioner since 1999 and with this next-gen incarnation I think that Sega and Rebellion should have tried a new approach.

Despite the flaws, it's an enjoyable game that's very easy to play, if not finish, with plenty of trophies available.
  8. Nov 14, 2013
    This game was played on my PC through Steam, and while I did enjoy it and the multiplayer I would only give this game a 6.9 out of 10, this game also had multiplayer but it was ok.
  9. Oct 21, 2014
    Por lo que veo 2010 fue un buen año para la franquicia Predator y Alien. En 2010 sacaron una nueva entrega de AVP en comics, la película Predators y este juego. Para empezar lo bueno: el juego tiene 3 campañas, una con cada especie, hay muchos cambios entre cada campaña así que nunca pensaras que estas usando al mismo personaje. El juego tiene una duración de entre 2-5 horas por campaña,Por lo que veo 2010 fue un buen año para la franquicia Predator y Alien. En 2010 sacaron una nueva entrega de AVP en comics, la película Predators y este juego. Para empezar lo bueno: el juego tiene 3 campañas, una con cada especie, hay muchos cambios entre cada campaña así que nunca pensaras que estas usando al mismo personaje. El juego tiene una duración de entre 2-5 horas por campaña, dependiendo si quieres ir explorando y recogiendo coleccionables para que tu experiencia sea mas larga. Pero también tienen algo malo, los jefes del juego. Al principio parecen épicos como luchar contra la reina Alien, lamentablemente, lo que tienes que hacer es apretar un botón, disparar 2 granadas, esperar un minuto matando unos 10 Aliens, apretar otro botón y listo. Esto pasa en las 3 campañas, la primera ves los jefes son algo difíciles pero por la segunda o tercera ves que luchas con ellos ya sabes que hacer. Es lamentable por que ningún jefe se salva que después de vencerlo 1 o 2 veces ya sabes como matarlo fácilmente, eso te hará querer aumentar la dificultad pero, aun en la dificultad mas grande "Infernal" puedes ganarles fácilmente. Una cosa buena es que esta doblado al español, es un juego mejor solo por ese detalle. Aunque las voces se les entiende todo, rara vez parecen tener emociones fuerte. Los únicos que me hicieron sentir que estaban bien traducidos fueron unos cuantos marines y Bishop. Aunque este juego tiene Multi-Player. El MP es divertido, pero tienes que aprender a jugar bien. Si usas un predator o alien tienes que saber luchar con ellos y moverte con ellos. El marine es el mas débil por lo que morirás muchas veces con el. Aun así todo esta decentemente equilibrado, y si sabes bloquear, golpear y disparar en los momentos precisos, aparte de tener todas las armas de la campaña como la smartgun/arma inteligente, puedes llegar a ser el mejor jugador de la partida como marine. No hay muchas armas en el juego pero aun así hay suficientes así que no es un problema. El mayor defecto del MP es el alien, es demasiado poderoso. Es fácil de matar con el marine, pero el puede usar un ataque con su cola que es un ataque super rápido y te quita la mitad de la vida. Aparte de que si te atrapa te matara en unos 2-3 segundos mientras que el predator tarda 5-7 segundos en salir de sus animaciones. Hablando de las animaciones: si estas como predator o alien detrás de un enemigo, puedes hacer un Fatality que lo matara automaticamente, lo malo es que aunque la animación ni haya empezado y matan al predator que te ataco, no importara ya que si te cogen es una muerte instantanéa sin opción de sobrevivir. He oído que AVP2000 es el mejor de todos los juegos de AVP, intente entrar pero sus gráficos no han envejecido nada bien. Es como jugar un juego con texturas de cartón con todo respeto a los que aman ese juego, es que no soporto ver a un predator mas delgado que un humano. Le doy un 07/10, puede que si hubiera jugado el anterior le haya bajado el puntaje pero al final este resulto ser un buen juego. Si lo compras no te pierdas el MP, hay muchos servidores dedicados y aun se conecta gente. Expand
  10. Nov 24, 2014
    Better at being Colonial Marines than Colonial Marines was. A great game with 3 campaigns (and 3 perspectives) to choose from. Lovely visuals, decent graphics and some neat gameplay mechanics combine into a well-rounded and solid shooter set in the Aliens and Predator universe.

Jimbo Rating: 7/10
  11. Jun 27, 2011
    I figure I should review this simply because I believe I should have a LONG time ago. I basically was waiting for this and excited for this because I played AVP2 regularly and I loved the whole franchise, first of all I want to say that if you're coming from AVP2 you will most certainly not encounter a similar type of game. The strong points of this game are basically solid graphics,I figure I should review this simply because I believe I should have a LONG time ago. I basically was waiting for this and excited for this because I played AVP2 regularly and I loved the whole franchise, first of all I want to say that if you're coming from AVP2 you will most certainly not encounter a similar type of game. The strong points of this game are basically solid graphics, decent AI, and the 3 races. There really isn't a whole lot to praise with this game in terms of gameplay, but I will say that this game was reliable, I pre-ordered for PC and got the game a few days after release (backed up shipment or something stupid), and immediately there we no problems with the game, I never experienced any crashing, glitching, sound distortion or cutting out, nothing like that. Rebellion was smart enough to patch in a dedicated servers feature as well fairly soon after release. But that's about where the good points end. The singleplayer, it's a decent experience to be honest, but the story is easily forgettable, plus the addition of the collectible objects which really add nothing to the game beyond steam achievements, or a little bit of storyline from the marine recordings(which are annoying to try and listen to because they don't autoplay), are basically there to waste time. Too be honest, the greatest single player feature in the game is the survival game, where you are a marine fighting waves of aliens that get tougher the more you kill, at least that is the best feature in my eyes, I've spent more time in that than I do in multiplayer pvp matches. But even still, it is hindered by the lack of survival maps (only 2 without DLC) and like I said, there's only a survivor mode for marines, there's no other added single player feature to play aliens or predators. The multiplayer, basically what I was waiting for, turned out to be pretty disappointing, marines are honestly the most fun to play, for the simple reason that you can't run around executing people, predators and aliens can simply run around pressing E to execute people, sure you can play without doing that, but it's basically crippling yourself if you refuse to execute people because it's just a one button press. The upside? Executing people is satisfying to watch, the gore is so ruthlessly violent that it's almost hilarious to disembowel a marine. But it's lack of variety and intrigue in gameplay can be ENTIRELY contributed to the root problem of the whole game, and that root problem is console porting. This game is so clearly made for consoles when you play it, yes it works fine for PC and has no problems, but the gameplay feels so limited, and it just FEELS like a console game, it feels like it is being restricted by a controller when you play the PC version. The lack of weapon variety, the lack of universal crouching and jumping, it's all a product of a game that was designed for consoles. This game is certainly not AVP2, but I will make a comparison, in AVP2 the predators and marines had so many weapons that it would be impossible to play on a console because you often need to switch between weapons instantly, and having to cycle through them using a controller would just be frustrating, never mind the ammo types and alternate firing methods. This is a game clearly influenced by the desire to have it available for console systems, and as such is a pretty mediocre PC game, albeit with dedicated servers, which is becoming rare these days. I'm giving this game a 5 because of its console value, it really is an alright console game in my opinion, but it's a very obvious one, I would certainly advise anyone not to pick this up for the PC especially if you're a PC gamer. Summary: The lack of weapon variety, boring multiplayer meta game, and generally bland gameplay lead this to be an alright console game and not much more, the graphics are quite pleasing and the dedicated servers are nice, but it doesn't matter when the gameplay just doesn't hold your attention. I played multiplayer for literally 1 maybe 2 days before I got bored of it basically entirely, there must be a serious lack of players in the game by now, if you're an AVP fan you'll probably marginally enjoy it like I did, but if you're a dedicated PC gamer, you'd be better off going for a different game, or better yet, just getting AVP2, even the single player is worth it in that game. At any rate, I regret paying full price for this, it's essentially just eye candy. Expand
  12. Jan 21, 2013
    Theres a fair bit of content here to make up a 12-13 hour game split into 3 campaigns. The audio logs you find help fill in story blanks and keep you interested, however the issues crop up in the gameplay and the overall story. The marines have this useless jump mechanic, and you can't duck for some reason. Also your weapons are very unbalanced, the pulse rifle and flamethrower lack powerTheres a fair bit of content here to make up a 12-13 hour game split into 3 campaigns. The audio logs you find help fill in story blanks and keep you interested, however the issues crop up in the gameplay and the overall story. The marines have this useless jump mechanic, and you can't duck for some reason. Also your weapons are very unbalanced, the pulse rifle and flamethrower lack power and the pistol has unlimited ammunition and you should avoid using it all together. The Predators are quite functional and seem balanced although they suffer a similar problem to the aliens in that they have these long unskippable finishing moves (theres no standard attack), that are also in MULTIPLAYER. During these animations you can easily be killed by other players. Why would they include this in both single and multiplayer? Its horrid. Although the rest of the multiplayer is pretty good, stalking predators, hit and run aliens. Infestation mode. Having feel that again since AvP 2 is refreshing. But without innovation it won't bring in new players...

Single Player 5/10
    Multiplayer 7/10

The game suffers from new problems but also lacks ambition, it doesn't try anything new except adding on predator jumping (which feels a bit restrictive & you barely get a chance to use it after the first hour of gameplay). We get Pyramids and a bit of outdoors dusty plains, inside of base. Retreading old steps.
  13. May 15, 2011
    Great PC title screwed by a console. A.I. is horrible, human opponents sound like broken records, plot is boring. It's rather lazy remake of the great original Aliens vs Predator 1999, than new Aliens vs Predator 3. Textures in some locations are high quality, in other opposite. The best part of the game is awesome, precise Predator model and Predator missions, definitely the best ofGreat PC title screwed by a console. A.I. is horrible, human opponents sound like broken records, plot is boring. It's rather lazy remake of the great original Aliens vs Predator 1999, than new Aliens vs Predator 3. Textures in some locations are high quality, in other opposite. The best part of the game is awesome, precise Predator model and Predator missions, definitely the best of Predator you can get in whole AvP saga. Multiplayer is total mess and auto aim spamm fest. Payable DLC's with extra multiplayer maps can be reconsider only as a sick joke. Expand
  14. Aug 15, 2012
    More arcade than gritty hardship, with mildly enjoyable gameplay that sadly doesn't bring anything new to the table. The singleplayer is worth a playthrough, the online experience is too average, if not below average, to draw me in and keep me playing. I'd rather play AVP Gold, or AVP2.
  15. Apr 4, 2015
    These are actual 3 relative short campaigns where you play as marine, Alien or Predator. This is also the main asset of the game so that you can experience to be an Alien or Predator. Playing as Alien is not fun, since you stick to every wall you touch which is confusing. Also there is no shooting part. Playing as Predator is better though the shooting is limited since you are often out ofThese are actual 3 relative short campaigns where you play as marine, Alien or Predator. This is also the main asset of the game so that you can experience to be an Alien or Predator. Playing as Alien is not fun, since you stick to every wall you touch which is confusing. Also there is no shooting part. Playing as Predator is better though the shooting is limited since you are often out of energy and the throwing weapons come late in the game. Playing as marine is ok. The standard guns are underpowered: it is hard to kill Xenomorphs in the dark maps and because they move fast on ceilings. Other aspects: the graphics of this game are good. Story is thin. Overall I think it was better to stick to marines only since by the time you are acquainted with being an Alien or Predator the campaign is over. Expand
  16. Jun 19, 2011
    This game is completely laggy. I have an I7-920 integrated quad core at 2.67 ghz,9GB RAM, with an Nvidia GTX260 with 896MB RAM. It doesn't even make much sense because I lowered the settings from Very High textures to High, but that only slightly improved performance. Same with shadows. My rig is only 2 years old and should not have this kind of issue with a 2010 game. I have noThis game is completely laggy. I have an I7-920 integrated quad core at 2.67 ghz,9GB RAM, with an Nvidia GTX260 with 896MB RAM. It doesn't even make much sense because I lowered the settings from Very High textures to High, but that only slightly improved performance. Same with shadows. My rig is only 2 years old and should not have this kind of issue with a 2010 game. I have no trouble running other games yet this one is choppy as anything. Otherwise, the gameplay reminds me of one of my favorite games of all time, AVP2. However, it's hard to play much since I'm often getting pauses and maybe 25 FPS. Expand
  17. Jun 15, 2014
    It feels a bit hard to go through the story mode.I stopped at a one point of Predator campaign,for it's just hard(not sure whether I chose the hardest difficulty directly.) and a little boring.The Alien part might be better.No,I'd prefer take the Alien campaign later than finishing Predator and Human parts.
    I hate collectibles.
    I hate collectibles.
    感觉通关难度不低。我在铁血战士战役中的某个点停下了,因为有点难(我忘了当时是否直接选择了最高难度),也有点无聊。异形部分或许会好些。算了,我还是更愿意先过了铁血战士和人类战役,把异形部分放到后面玩。
    我厌恶收集品。
  18. Aug 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If this game would have stayed as good as it was during the marine mission I would have rated it higher. However, during the alien section I had to stop playing multiple times due to almost wanting to throw up. Transitioning on walls was not a smooth process. Many times even when it told me I could it didn't work out that well. Then end boss battle was a little weak as well. Just run away shoot, run away, shoot. Repeat ten times, and you beat it. It was a game that I had to force myself to play all the way through. Expand
  19. Apr 16, 2012
    Having played the previous AvP's I was inclined to play this one. Its a fun action game allowing you to play as either Marines, Predator or Alien. While entertaining there are some small gripes like having to hold down the mouse button as Alien to traverse walls (lazy coding). Other than that it is a great game to play if a little confussling with missions split across the 3 playable races.
  20. Oct 8, 2010
    I was so looking forward to this game, since i was a fan of the first avp game back in the 90s, But unfortunately it just feels like its missing so much. The solo player is not that great because it feels vso short. The graphics look great but to bad rebellion did not put that much effort into the rest of the game. The short list of weapons for the predator and marine were veryI was so looking forward to this game, since i was a fan of the first avp game back in the 90s, But unfortunately it just feels like its missing so much. The solo player is not that great because it feels vso short. The graphics look great but to bad rebellion did not put that much effort into the rest of the game. The short list of weapons for the predator and marine were very disappointing compared to the list of the first game. I don't understand why they had to change the alien controls from the first avp i thought those worked perfect. The most of the maps are two open and remind me of the second avp game, i wonder why they were more closely related to movies like the first game did. The multilayer is laggy and at times its impossible to find a server. The ups side all though few is trophy kills or being trophy killed, the feeling that any minute something is going to come up behind you and stab you in the back is a great feeling reminds me of the movies. Holding out with your friends against waves of aliens is a fun mode. There was so much more that could have been added but it feels it was just put together to quickly. I am a fan of movies which is why I somewhat enjoy this game. Hopefully one day a developer will release a real avp game again. Expand
  21. Jan 14, 2012
    The game is pretty good but i did beat it in 7 hours and yeah am talking about all 3 campaigns.
    The game play was however very fun and didnt feel repetitive since you change between 3 different characters and play styles over such a short amount of time. The story was nothing to brag about but overall i had fun with this game.
  22. Jul 25, 2013
    This was the last game I preordered.

First off, the single player is pretty mediocre and felt rushed to me. They feel more like elongated tutorials set up to make you feel comfortable with each race. Once completed (on each race) I did not feel a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction with the endings. The saving grace is certainly the multiplayer. I got this on release day, and
    This was the last game I preordered.

The saving grace is certainly the multiplayer. I got this on release day, and the number of servers were very low, it took quite some time to find a server, but things have changed since then as the price has gone down and more people pick it up. If you enjoy multiplayer fps games, and are tired of the generic cod or battlefiend shooter, then give it a try
  23. Oct 17, 2010
    A very fun and atmospheric game. While it may not be as amazing as it's predecessors, it is still a blast to play. As in the previous games, it offers several experiences in one game, letting you play through the eerie Marine campaign, the thrilling predator campaign, or the exciting Alien campaign. All three species can collide in some intense multiplayer fun.
    So, yes, while not as good
    So, yes, while not as good as it's predecessors, the game is still a bunch of fun!
  24. Mar 16, 2011
    Going to get my bias out in the open, I'm a fanboy for all things Alien and Predator, so regardless of quality I will buy the game and get enjoyment out of it. This does not mean I don't recognise its flaws though, the 3 campaigns all share the same 5 maps/locations so expect to see the same things over and over which feels a bit cheap. The Marines AI is abysmal in the Aliens andGoing to get my bias out in the open, I'm a fanboy for all things Alien and Predator, so regardless of quality I will buy the game and get enjoyment out of it. This does not mean I don't recognise its flaws though, the 3 campaigns all share the same 5 maps/locations so expect to see the same things over and over which feels a bit cheap. The Marines AI is abysmal in the Aliens and Predator campaigns, the only things I had to be careful about were the androids in the later levels the combat (melee at least) is just Rock Paper Scissors and doesn't feel very satisfying. The storyline is rather bland (the standard AVP storyline). As for the multiplayer, I did enjoy infestion and predator hunt but the other modes seemed like too much of a cluster****. If you see this game on sale for under £10 consider picking it up. Expand
  25. Jan 20, 2012
    Im a multiplayer person ( fps geek if you wanna call it that ) and i loved playing as the marine in this game. The atmospher was excellent in both SP and MP. But after you get the hang of it you feel like the game is missing something. Dont get me wrong its far much better then DEMO version i played on steam ( thank god) but i can nitpick on a few things. I like how they focus on theIm a multiplayer person ( fps geek if you wanna call it that ) and i loved playing as the marine in this game. The atmospher was excellent in both SP and MP. But after you get the hang of it you feel like the game is missing something. Dont get me wrong its far much better then DEMO version i played on steam ( thank god) but i can nitpick on a few things. I like how they focus on the combat system in this game with the melee abilitys BUT the flamer is useless in this game. When it comes to weapons damage AVP2 was much more balanced. But atleast this game didnt balance it with "Rock-paper-scissors system" like many other games did. I had fun with all races but i was kinda pissD off that they didnt include a game mode with classes such as medic,soldier,sniper or that you could play as a facehugger! You can adapt to the game and have alot of fun with it. ( even with all the flaws ) Expand
  26. Dec 4, 2011
    Third rate shooter, nice graphics but very linear gameplay. Play as marine, alien or predator, good idea in theory however in practice the alien and predator characters became boring after about five minutes. The marine play through lasted less than 5 hours. Marine had only one encounter with the predator, that was a disappointment. Limited weapons, limited movement, could have been muchThird rate shooter, nice graphics but very linear gameplay. Play as marine, alien or predator, good idea in theory however in practice the alien and predator characters became boring after about five minutes. The marine play through lasted less than 5 hours. Marine had only one encounter with the predator, that was a disappointment. Limited weapons, limited movement, could have been much better. Paid only 5 bucks so it wasnâ Expand
  27. Oct 29, 2012
    i did the the predator and alien campaign but not the marine one cause its just too creepy for me, over all
    the game is ok. the story could be better and the gameplay was alright. not as good as the original.
  28. May 6, 2014
    Overall a decent game. Parts of it scream "port", such as the tacked-on multiplayer interface (dedicated servers came after release, and the menu to get to them is unintuitive). The game would have been much better with just a couple more patches.
  29. M.B.
    Mar 20, 2010
    I played the game recently and have to say: It is not AvP 2. In some moments it is better but it ahs its worse moments too. Giving it a bad score because you cant crouch is kiddy like. In Operation Flashpoint you hardly cant jump.... but it is an awesome game. BTC: Marine Gameplay: Awesome, even one Alien could be a deadly enemy... it is an atmosperic and breathtaking adventure. Alien I played the game recently and have to say: It is not AvP 2. In some moments it is better but it ahs its worse moments too. Giving it a bad score because you cant crouch is kiddy like. In Operation Flashpoint you hardly cant jump.... but it is an awesome game. BTC: Marine Gameplay: Awesome, even one Alien could be a deadly enemy... it is an atmosperic and breathtaking adventure. Alien Gamplay: More like a casual game it shows how the insurgency happend. Feels like a movie. Predator: Awesome! Even the second and third run showed new ways to encounter enemys. Bad things: Too short, sometimes too easy. Game looks and plays to much X-Box like. Please stop making games for both: Pc and X-Box. Expand
  30. Slavko
    Apr 9, 2010
    No technical issues, everything runs smooth, with satisfied Frames; nice sounds, but whats important: lazy, short and shameless port from console; horrible controls, not optimised for PC - player needs to press 3-4 buttons at the same time to use Predator with some results; weak combat system; only 4 maps for Species Team DM is a joke, same as payment for additional maps in DLC; product No technical issues, everything runs smooth, with satisfied Frames; nice sounds, but whats important: lazy, short and shameless port from console; horrible controls, not optimised for PC - player needs to press 3-4 buttons at the same time to use Predator with some results; weak combat system; only 4 maps for Species Team DM is a joke, same as payment for additional maps in DLC; product should be reconsider as not yet ready, because of Dedicated Server beta - it's like selling Microsoft Office with Microsoft Word beta - disrespecting for players and fans; empty servers / no players mostly; developers arrogancy. Absolute must have for desperated hardcore fans of AvP franchise, cuz there is alot much better games. Expand
  31. ThomasH
    Feb 20, 2010
    Great game, deserves at least a 7 A lot of issues. The voice acting is terrible at parts. The story is just... not there, so don't buy this game for story, there is none. Multiplayer detected around 15 people playing, so yeh.. I tried one game, got a ping of 133 and well, quit.. Bring back dedicated servers please. I was pissed off quite a bit that there was no coop. I hate the way Great game, deserves at least a 7 A lot of issues. The voice acting is terrible at parts. The story is just... not there, so don't buy this game for story, there is none. Multiplayer detected around 15 people playing, so yeh.. I tried one game, got a ping of 133 and well, quit.. Bring back dedicated servers please. I was pissed off quite a bit that there was no coop. I hate the way the industry defines "coop" these days. Coop traditionally means playing through a CAMPAIGN with a mate. NOT a multiplayer mode, where you're just playing against bots. Which is what survival mode is in this. There's no campaign based around it, it's just a multiplayer mode. L4D is coop because there's 4 CAMPAIGNS based around it. So when Steam sticks up coop on the store page, it's a bit fucking rich. Quake 3 had team deathmatch with bots, that doesn't make it coop. UT2004 had that survival mode too, IT DOESNT MAKE IT COOP. This is more to do with Steam's store page selling a game incorrectly though. So bleh.. So ofcourse my friend and I were annoyed at that, considering coop was what made the original AVP series so much fun. Playing through the first couple of levels as the Marine was very fun. We both agreed it scared the shit out of us not having the quicksave. It's easily the best campaign and the most fun you'll have with this game. My friend stopped playing after that. I then finished the game in one go. The Alien campaign is.. fun, but it doesn't take you through the birth cycle like the old AvP did. So the whole campaign, although great fun, gets repetitive VERY quickly. And thus by the end, you're wanting it to end, so you can just move onto the Predator. The Predator campaign annoyed me. He's nowhere near as fun to play now. So much of his toys and kit are missing it's ridiculous. The overshoulder laser cannon sounds awful, and is fairly useless at killing anything. The spear is great, but why doesn't it stick in the model, you throw it at them and it just disappears.. kind've lame from a game boasting DX11 tech. Finally, the bosses are just awful. Playing on normal, some were too easy, and then out of nowhere they became incredibly difficult. The final boss on the Predator campaign was just too easy. And felt very anti-climactic really. The Praetorian was just too hard, but I eventually did it somehow. The two Predators and the Elite Predator were far too easy for a normal mode setting. Also despite dxdiag thinking I have DX11, apparently AvP doesn't, bit lame but the game looks amazing anyway. It's a shame Rebellion made the stupid decision of not putting in dedicated servers from the get-go. Because the demo was a lot of fun on the PC, and the different modes look great. Some press have given this game 5/10 or 50% scores. Thats just harsh.. the game is very well made and you're not going to see a better looking AvP game for a while. Aside from that, it offers the same package as any Halo game, and is just as good. All it's missing is the stupid orchestral music and slightly better voice acting. So in summary, not great. But worth a look if you can get it at bargain bin price, or a rental. Expand
  32. MrRoflzpants
    Feb 23, 2010
    single player was bearable but gets boring, multiplayer is slow, im not talking about lag, just arn't enuf people playing this game and its hard to find a server over all i was disppointed with multiplayer has very few game modes, server captaivity isn't very impressive either lucky i got this game for 30 dollars off amazon.com overall wasn't bad for the money but a big let single player was bearable but gets boring, multiplayer is slow, im not talking about lag, just arn't enuf people playing this game and its hard to find a server over all i was disppointed with multiplayer has very few game modes, server captaivity isn't very impressive either lucky i got this game for 30 dollars off amazon.com overall wasn't bad for the money but a big let down =( this is not game of the year material booo!!!! Expand
  33. Mordoklej
    Mar 1, 2010
    Nice looking game but that's about it. I used to love AvP2 long time ago, but new AvP is nowhere near as great to play as AvP2 used to be. There are way too many issues to make this game something more than it is now.
  34. SeriousCap.
    Mar 13, 2010
    This game is a good game and still has it creepy feel, esp if you're lanning. However, there are some things that it lacks. 1. No crouching (Rebellion should fix that). 2. If you're doing multiplayer and the host leaves, everyone gets disconnected. (Rebellion should do the same thing L4D franchise does. If the host leaves it goes to a different person). 3. Hosting (It's This game is a good game and still has it creepy feel, esp if you're lanning. However, there are some things that it lacks. 1. No crouching (Rebellion should fix that). 2. If you're doing multiplayer and the host leaves, everyone gets disconnected. (Rebellion should do the same thing L4D franchise does. If the host leaves it goes to a different person). 3. Hosting (It's random, which totally blows if someone who doesn't have a high end pc hosts the game, then you leave it open to disconnects and high latency). 4. Random games (Seriously they should think about having the ability to pick the server. OR have it better setup for lanning). Expand
  35. DanijelL.
    Mar 1, 2010
    Great game, great content, but very bad execution. I am fan since first alien and predator movies. But this looks like another IP made for gathering people's money. Too many bugs, terrible coding. Its like beta game. If this was an BETA I would give it 9/10 .
  36. MiscHief
    Mar 2, 2010
    Haven't actually played much of the single player bit yet, or much of the multiplayer either. Mostly due to being too busy playing Mount&Blade :P Single player marine campaign seems creepy as hell so far, "threepenny visuals"? did you play it on an xbox or something? Looks quite good to me. There's one major bummer for me with this game though, and that is the lack of coop Haven't actually played much of the single player bit yet, or much of the multiplayer either. Mostly due to being too busy playing Mount&Blade :P Single player marine campaign seems creepy as hell so far, "threepenny visuals"? did you play it on an xbox or something? Looks quite good to me. There's one major bummer for me with this game though, and that is the lack of coop single player marine campaign.. WHY DO NOBODY MAKE GOOD COOP GAMES ANYMORE??? I am missing the good true PC titles, and kinda sick of all this "oh we have to make it available for the console market" crap Meh I'll go play some serious sam HD with friends, yes it's got ancient mechanics (and visuals) compared to lot of popular shooters, but it delivers a few things all these major new titles can't, cause they are made for a consumerist market that are more concerned with graphics and hype than good gameplay (read: modern warfare 2... No it's not a terrible game, it has fun sides, when it works right, but it's just unimaginative, broken and hyped up) Anyway I am digressing, if this new AvP title had coop campaign I would give it about 2000 out of 10, but it doesn't so it's kind of a letdown right now, still haven't tried survivor mode with friends though, might be good fun. Design and graphics etc though, seriously what are you complaining about? It does good justice to the atmosphere fans of the series would expect. Expand
  37. ChristopherW.
    Feb 21, 2010
    Predator class is limited and is taken every time I have wanted to try it. Marine weapons are underpowered for such a close quarter game which means instant death and predators are a trick to get down and doing an instant kill attack leaves you vulnerable to be killed at the leisure of any other player around.
  38. JayC
    Feb 20, 2010
    Better than first AVP, I was disappointed in the game overall. The multiplayer feature has VOIP issues(echoesx5 and it lags) and the fact the dedicated servers software is in beta is another( there are none now). The early levels were unique and well designed after that, they get boring. In the marine missions, when the flamethrower was used on the aliens, it was frustrating because you Better than first AVP, I was disappointed in the game overall. The multiplayer feature has VOIP issues(echoesx5 and it lags) and the fact the dedicated servers software is in beta is another( there are none now). The early levels were unique and well designed after that, they get boring. In the marine missions, when the flamethrower was used on the aliens, it was frustrating because you can't get away once they are on fire because they grab you and explode, also there was no crouch or take cover when fighting andriods (why not? the andriods did). It would have been great if they would of increased the weapon inventory and ammo capacity and not have made the pistol with infinit ammo. It made me lose some suspense with that. In the alien missions I felt I was just going thru the motions since there too many buttons to press to even navigate efficiently. The use of the heavy attack was way too slow, and what was the point of sprint button if I was going to sprint anways, to me it seemed pointless, the transition mode button was pointless as well, when I could jump on the wall. Nevertheless I felt frustrated with the navigation alien overall. Another issue why the alien could not spit acid? during the game the alien AI was able to. And what was the point of being able to bite the victims head after the human was dead? The predator mission to me were the most disappointing, cloak did not work against aliens and some the in game mini scripts I could not even see because I was overwhelmed by aliens. The cannon having to be recharged was stupid, so I did not even used it. The spear did not come back to the predator it just refreshed the crosshairs, which lost it's "movie" likeness appeal to me.I did not even used the mine since there was no situation that actually call for it, so it seemed useless to me. The later levels of the predator missions, I could not reach some of the collectables just because the level was not designed to reach them (pointless). The storyline was great, the voice acting was awesome, the sound effects and features were outstanding. The game mechanics were ok, with the exception of the issues I mentioned earlier. The graphics were ok, I hoped for a WOW factor while playing the DX 11 version of the game, they could of done less lighting overall in the game to add more suspense. To me the multiplayer part it of this game is needs alot of improvements, such as a lagmetter and being able to connect and disconnect faster (instead of stages). And the ranking system seems to add no benifit. This could of been a block buster game but it's not. The game took approx 11 hours to finish and it crashed 5 times. Maybe with some patches it will get where it needed to be. Expand
  39. MaxK
    Feb 23, 2010
    Well where do I start. First off with the good. Atmosphere is great, playing hide and seek in the dark as the alien is very satisfying, Predator sneek kills and stalking ones prey is pretty cool as well. Marine campaign is short and re-uses lots of the levels from the other two campaigns but is almost on par with the crap your pants factor the original one had in terms of scare and Well where do I start. First off with the good. Atmosphere is great, playing hide and seek in the dark as the alien is very satisfying, Predator sneek kills and stalking ones prey is pretty cool as well. Marine campaign is short and re-uses lots of the levels from the other two campaigns but is almost on par with the crap your pants factor the original one had in terms of scare and suspense factor. Graphics look pretty good maxed out and the sounds are pretty impressive (predator vision and heat sounds could be tuned to reflect more from the original and movies.) Now the bad..and boy does it suck for me to lay all this out. Installation, man what a painfull process, took three attempts to install, after that took another hour just to get the game to run (my computer far exceeds the recommended requirements for the game in addition.) Finally after starting the game, the horrid stuttering began, it would ruin several parts of the game where i would get blasted by opponents or make a cutscene un-watchable due to the horrid lag/slideshow the game becomes for about 15 seconds, the down part it is random regardless even if you turn down your graphics quality. This has been happening to many users and reported on Sega's and steams forums and hopefully rebellion is making a patch. Second, the controls are horrid, responsiveness is terrible even with "mouse lag" turned off and feels very sluggish, alien ceiling walking is annoying too since there is a significant delay in between transitioning surfaces also (easier with transition set to auto but makes it more difficult to execute simple jumps.) Third, they reused every single level almost in all three campaigns so if you get that feeling of deja-vu you are right, you just played that level as a different species. No dedicated servers still, empty promises falling on some really upset AvP community fans ears. Really short campaign also, I expected much more replay value for $50 game. They had a good idea with the game but just delivered it literally in its late alpha early beta build, this game is not done and it show's. I hope with a nice big decent patch and some decent DLC it should make it much better but at this point in time it may be to little to late. Expand
  40. RomeoB.
    Feb 25, 2010
    They could have done so much more with this game, take a look at the intensity of AVP1 and AVP2. I finished the game in a single day, i had some fun but it was not nearly as scary as i hoped it would be. Quote; 'Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed' was the ninth beatitude. Alexander Pope.
  41. PeterW
    Mar 13, 2010
    The biggest dissipointment probably in 10 years. This game would be great if it were the year 1999, but with all the time since the first version, this new 2010 game is as bad as it gets. It's repetitive, boring, dark and simply seems to have been made by a bunch of amateurs. The keyboard controls are horrible! The first version was MUCH better. This version was only developed to get The biggest dissipointment probably in 10 years. This game would be great if it were the year 1999, but with all the time since the first version, this new 2010 game is as bad as it gets. It's repetitive, boring, dark and simply seems to have been made by a bunch of amateurs. The keyboard controls are horrible! The first version was MUCH better. This version was only developed to get as much money from as many wallets as possible before the ratings destroyed it's reputation. I finished all three short missions in one day and will NOT be playing it again. After the first mission I chose (Marine), I had to force myself to play the Alien and Predator missions. $9.95 would be a good price for this game. Expand
  42. D.S.
    Mar 3, 2010
    The franchise name (AvP) and spot on feel for it is the only thing that saves this game from pure mediocrity. The marine campaign was repetitive, but fun (PLEASE, please play this game on HARD or nightmare, its so much more fun this way otherwise its just run and gun super easy) The Alien campaign was alright, but youll be playing this one just for the gore as the AI really just ruins The franchise name (AvP) and spot on feel for it is the only thing that saves this game from pure mediocrity. The marine campaign was repetitive, but fun (PLEASE, please play this game on HARD or nightmare, its so much more fun this way otherwise its just run and gun super easy) The Alien campaign was alright, but youll be playing this one just for the gore as the AI really just ruins this campaign (they never, ever spot you on the ceiling or take note of their fallen comrades or take any kind of intuitive action resulting in a really easy campaign even on nightmare). Most people complain about the controls but If you are playing the PC version you will find them a whole lot better, but still kinda stiff (alien takes alot of getting used to). As for the Predator campaign, this is basically the same story as Alien, just not so easy and short. The aliens will be the only challenge here. Fortunately, its a little more interesting and story packed playing as the predator, not to mention that the trophy kills are cooler than the Alien's. Overall, its a disappoint game and only enjoyable if you like AvP. Expand
  43. JohnS
    Mar 7, 2010
    It really seems like used too much of their budget on getting Lance Henriksen in this thing. Bad acting even worse writing makes for a single-player campaign that makes you cringe (for all the wrong reasons). Multiplayer is boring and uninspired. A reviewer said it was if he was playing the old game with a fresh coat of paint. If only. If the bugs of AVP2 were fixed and the graphics It really seems like used too much of their budget on getting Lance Henriksen in this thing. Bad acting even worse writing makes for a single-player campaign that makes you cringe (for all the wrong reasons). Multiplayer is boring and uninspired. A reviewer said it was if he was playing the old game with a fresh coat of paint. If only. If the bugs of AVP2 were fixed and the graphics updated, it would have been worth the money, this however is not. Expand
  44. SiemmsenA.
    Feb 16, 2010
    My god, what an abomination. You can't even blame this one on the consoles. This is just outright horrible. 1-button, set-the-controller-down-and-watch "trophy kills" (which has essentially turned the multiplayer into a spam fest)? Auto-aim?! Seriously, **auto-aim**?! Hit-and-miss wallwalking (sometimes it works .. sometimes it doesn't)? No crouch? etc etc ... The list of My god, what an abomination. You can't even blame this one on the consoles. This is just outright horrible. 1-button, set-the-controller-down-and-watch "trophy kills" (which has essentially turned the multiplayer into a spam fest)? Auto-aim?! Seriously, **auto-aim**?! Hit-and-miss wallwalking (sometimes it works .. sometimes it doesn't)? No crouch? etc etc ... The list of utterly horrible/insane design decisions goes on an on. From a feature standpoint, there is literally less in AvP3 than AvP1--a 10+ year old game, mind you (ie you can't even headbite an enemy as the Alien). It's just a downgrade from any angle (except from a technical standpoint), and what has remained is implemented in an inferior way. What a let down. Who would have thought the same developer that brought us such an amazing franchise 11 years ago would go ahead and defile it with this crap? Whether or not we'll ever see another commercial Aliens vs Predator game is now questionable. Expand
  45. DavidM
    Feb 19, 2010
    I was looking forward to this game and I don't really play video games that much never mind waiting for a game to come out. So that being said, there are some points I am disappointed with. I have to say, in the Game Spot review is spot on how the game was through MOST (not all) of it's review. I wanted more Aliens atmosphere in the marine campaign and not half of it fighting I was looking forward to this game and I don't really play video games that much never mind waiting for a game to come out. So that being said, there are some points I am disappointed with. I have to say, in the Game Spot review is spot on how the game was through MOST (not all) of it's review. I wanted more Aliens atmosphere in the marine campaign and not half of it fighting androids. Plus with how far programming has come, you would expect to be fighting side by side with other marines like in Quake 4, Call of Duty games, and not being a programmed game of this is where AI players die. No crouching is a big deal as well being I wanted some fighting in the air ducts like in the end of Aliens. In the Predator campaign, unlike the previous 2 games, your energy for the shoulder canon does not recharge at all (except 2 scenes), you have to go find power cells to recharge it. Not to mention it isn't even powerful enough to consider using in the first place. The combi stick is cool but again, why didn't the developers make the shoulder cannon as powerful as this weapon and kept this one as a melee weapon like in the last one? Plus I don't like the fact that I have to collect a skull while my victim is alive, the predators didn't care in the movies nor in the last 2 games. Plus you would think they could add in an option of you skinning your victims the hang them from a ceiling (that would have been a huge plus) As far as the Alien goes, you just have to give it 5 minutes to get used to. I like how you can see enemies through walls now (BIG PLUS). I didn't like how slow it is to use the tail on an enemy. Trophy kill is cool, but if I am point blank and on target with the head, I should be able to just head bite. You would think with all the strides in programming that they would have an option where as the alien you could grab hide bodies like the aliens did in the movies. I just hope they come out with mod tools for this so people can create maps for more play (like adding more Aliens atmosphere levels with more access to the smart gun). Expand
  46. JoshL
    Feb 22, 2010
    While AvP manages to be a unique game in some ways ( such as the different styles of the 3 races you can play as ) , the game is let down in other areas. While the human campaign is tense , gritty , story driven and fun, the alien campaign is just going from area to area killing humans. The predator campaign manages to be fun , if slightly easy due to the weaponary it has. Graphics While AvP manages to be a unique game in some ways ( such as the different styles of the 3 races you can play as ) , the game is let down in other areas. While the human campaign is tense , gritty , story driven and fun, the alien campaign is just going from area to area killing humans. The predator campaign manages to be fun , if slightly easy due to the weaponary it has. Graphics aren't awul, they probably would have looked better if the game wasn't in darkness most of the time. Multiplayer wise, the game can be fun, but slight imbalance in the classes ( every predator weapon it can find is basically a one-hit kill ) can make it annoying sometimes. A good package altogether , but it could have been great with some tweaks and a graphics boost. Expand
  47. John
    Feb 22, 2010
    I liked this game, but I found out that there is no alien life cycle in it like AVP2. Massivley disappointing. It was so fun shooting those little bastards off the wall or being one and hunting down marines and predators. Looks like AVP2 is still our LAN game. Sure the campaign is alright. but MP is a letdown. I am very disappointed.
  48. TadC
    Feb 25, 2010
    Potentially good game with flaws that keep it from being great. Still waiting on dedicated servers, with news that a closed beta of the dedicated server software will be coming on March 1st. No auto team balancing, no vote kick options, poor matchmaking system, lacking polish. Game does have an interesting melee system and when it works the games can be quite fun if you are a fan of the Potentially good game with flaws that keep it from being great. Still waiting on dedicated servers, with news that a closed beta of the dedicated server software will be coming on March 1st. No auto team balancing, no vote kick options, poor matchmaking system, lacking polish. Game does have an interesting melee system and when it works the games can be quite fun if you are a fan of the AvP universe. But many of the missing features will frustrate many users. A decent game that may improve with patching, but currently does not live up to it's potential. Expand
  49. Dragons68
    Feb 27, 2010
    To be honest, the game doesn't deserve an ultra-high or ultra-low score. It is a decent looking game (on PC anyway), with a decent soundtrack and okay action sequences. The game tries hard, but just doesn't quite have the perfection of AVP2. The action sounds are nice, but the voice acting is terrible (and annoying - 'Tequila' is yet another stereotype). Also, The To be honest, the game doesn't deserve an ultra-high or ultra-low score. It is a decent looking game (on PC anyway), with a decent soundtrack and okay action sequences. The game tries hard, but just doesn't quite have the perfection of AVP2. The action sounds are nice, but the voice acting is terrible (and annoying - 'Tequila' is yet another stereotype). Also, The constant noise of the scanner which picks up noises is irritating. In saying that though, the Aliens and Predators sound effects are brutal and sound spot on. I think the introduction of the predator Campaign was not well-thought out. *SPOILER* They'd hardly put a 'Young blood' in some ancient pit with hordes of Aliens coming at it. They should have started with trap making and scouting first. That's not a big issue though. It's hard to 'score' games, because a score doesn't directly show how good of a game is. 90% is considered good, but it really should be considered a masterpiece given that score. Overall the graphics are nice, sound is good in some areas, and it plays fairly well (excluding the fact that the Marine can't jump over a small railing). I think 6 is a decent score. Worth buying at about $60 Australian (as opposed to the normal $90 RR price. Haven't played Multiplayer yet. Expand

1. A good campaign, the marine one, and some variety in gameplay mechanics provide a quite fun experience. Unfortunately some ideas lack polish and the other two-thirds of the single player are just not as good as they were supposed to be.
  2. Aliens Vs Predator is a standard First Person Shooter, but thanks to the Predator's and Xenomorph's campaigns, it entertains old and new players. Even the multiplayer mode is funny and well structured, but the graphics engine is not that good.
  3. The controls for Predators and Xenomorphs may be a bit tricky and the AI sometimes doesn't show any "Intelligence" at all, but nevertheless: AvP is a most-have for fans of the movies, as well as the games - especially if you're into absolute multiplayer-mayhem and dont mind "some" gore.