Aliens vs. Predator PC

1. sft
    Aug 26, 2016
    It’s a bug’s life, and more

It’s a bug’s life, and more

AvP has an unusual structure, offering three single player campaigns plus several multiplayer modes. You have the chance to play as marine, alien, and predator and although the story line in each campaign is independent of the others they do exist within the same story arc. I really enjoyed all three campaigns, although the predator gameplay and mechanics were the least satisfying. The marine campaign is the most challenging, as you often feel underpowered against the aliens, but it’s not frustrating and this vulnerability certainly adds to the already considerable tension. Playing as an alien can be disorientating at times and the movement system takes some getting used to but it’s worth it for the fun to be had stalking the marines and scientists. Playing as a predator, although still enjoyable, was not quite as much fun, and I found the gameplay and combat systems in this campaign less convincing than in the others. The atmosphere throughout is impressive and the graphics are good (although some animations are a little muddy in colour). The voice acting is also good, which helps to add to the compelling atmosphere. It isn’t a long game (I took my time, but still completed the three campaigns in about 15 hours) and the multiplayer seems pretty much dead (I did manage a few games, but only with friends) but if you can get it on sale, as I did, it’s well worth a few quid. Despite its flaws this game successfully recreates the atmosphere and edginess of the movies and should not disappoint fans of the two franchises.
  2. Mar 11, 2016
    I honestly can NOT see why so many people dislike this game. For me, it is a fun FPS or First Person Hitter?(I don't know at this point) If you play as the marine, you shoot aliens. If you play as the predator, you become stealthy. If you play as the alien, you are also stealthy. What is weird is that the Alien is my favorite character to play, where most people say it is their leastI honestly can NOT see why so many people dislike this game. For me, it is a fun FPS or First Person Hitter?(I don't know at this point) If you play as the marine, you shoot aliens. If you play as the predator, you become stealthy. If you play as the alien, you are also stealthy. What is weird is that the Alien is my favorite character to play, where most people say it is their least favorite. Maybe at $50 or $60 it was not worth it, but at $15, it is an absolute MUST. Expand
  3. Oct 12, 2015
    All in all this game was mediocre. The marine side of it played well enough but without anything that made it stand out. We know most of the weapons at this point and the plot was the same as every other Alien game, more or less. I can't say I felt too invested nor did I feel overly annoyed with anything here.

The xenomorph side was less enjoyable for me. Probably more for

The xenomorph side was less enjoyable for me. Probably more for play-style than for any other reason, but part of receiving directives like that from the queen didn't work for me. I wouldn't have any idea how to represent such a communication but what I got didn't feel right to me.

The predator campaign was probably my least favorite. At no point did I really feel like the stealthy huntsman I wanted to be, but rather just a deviation toward sneaking from the standard first person gameplay. Well... No, that's not true... There's some stealthy fun to be had and you can hide from the human foes easily enough. I guess what really rubbed me wrong in this one was the advent of the super-alien at the end. I know there's precedent for it in the setting, but I put on my grumpy old man pants and sigh when they insist on throwing something like that at me. Particularly with the glaring gestation time inconsistencies.

Oh well, game was average. Worth it if you're paying five smackeroos.
  4. Jun 1, 2015
    Great graphics, decent sounds, excelllent gory executions! - immertion and envioment done really well and music fits (means a lot to me)

In fact there is only 2 reasons I give this game 8/10 and not 10/10. 1, The single player campains are good but way to short. 2, The devs promised loads of DLC which never happened and what did come was just multiplayer maps- no good coop play

In fact there is only 2 reasons I give this game 8/10 and not 10/10.

1, The single player campains are good but way to short.
    2, The devs promised loads of DLC which never happened and what did come was just multiplayer maps- no good coop play styles, no coop campain or other story and no additional singelplayer DLC.

For 15 eur the game is a bargin, but at 45 eur its too short.
  5. May 13, 2015
    I did not try multilayer. Single-player is very short - all three campaigns (Marine, Alien, Predator) took me 9.5 hours to finish on Normal difficulty. Kind of barren if you consider that you play about 3 hours with each character. Yes, there are quite some bugs plaguing the game, and the inability to adjust the FOV value immediately grants this game a (-1) from me 9a pretty lazy port,I did not try multilayer. Single-player is very short - all three campaigns (Marine, Alien, Predator) took me 9.5 hours to finish on Normal difficulty. Kind of barren if you consider that you play about 3 hours with each character. Yes, there are quite some bugs plaguing the game, and the inability to adjust the FOV value immediately grants this game a (-1) from me 9a pretty lazy port, as others have pointed out). The failure of the limited FOV is in its inability to provide the dramatic effect to the player - so many times i heard a moan and scream and could not figure out where it came from; only on second passing, from a previously saved checkpoint, would i find out that the screaming came from a very well animated marine, whose rib-cage was ripped apart by a newborn alien! Well, such an effect is pretty hard to spot, when your Field of View is about 60 degrees - like walking and looking through a box. For the most part, the quality of sound in this game is very high - however, the quality of performance of the dialogues and the actual effects are not that good at all. Voice acting is not top notch, the radar clicking got on my nerves after the first two minutes of the game (not the beeping of the approaching alien, mind you - but the obnoxious clicking sound of the radar, which cannot be muted), and the in-game remarks of the marines are pretty much limited to two sentences. I must say however, that the atmosphere is pretty well depicted, and for the most part i enjoyed going through the game. Although so much could have been done better, so much.... Expand
  6. Apr 4, 2015
    These are actual 3 relative short campaigns where you play as marine, Alien or Predator. This is also the main asset of the game so that you can experience to be an Alien or Predator. Playing as Alien is not fun, since you stick to every wall you touch which is confusing. Also there is no shooting part. Playing as Predator is better though the shooting is limited since you are often out ofThese are actual 3 relative short campaigns where you play as marine, Alien or Predator. This is also the main asset of the game so that you can experience to be an Alien or Predator. Playing as Alien is not fun, since you stick to every wall you touch which is confusing. Also there is no shooting part. Playing as Predator is better though the shooting is limited since you are often out of energy and the throwing weapons come late in the game. Playing as marine is ok. The standard guns are underpowered: it is hard to kill Xenomorphs in the dark maps and because they move fast on ceilings. Other aspects: the graphics of this game are good. Story is thin. Overall I think it was better to stick to marines only since by the time you are acquainted with being an Alien or Predator the campaign is over. Expand
  7. Dec 14, 2014
    I've played through this multiple times and I have finally come to a conclusion.

Artificial Intelligence The marines are beyond stupid, they show no recognition of each others existence and they show no emotion when they discover that one of there comrades has mysteriously and violently died. The Alien AI is also pretty stupid, they run directly towards you or they run up a wall only

Artificial Intelligence
    The marines are beyond stupid, they show no recognition of each others existence and they show no emotion when they discover that one of there comrades has mysteriously and violently died. The Alien AI is also pretty stupid, they run directly towards you or they run up a wall only to jump back down again.

Marine Campaign
    The Marine campaign consists of walking around empty corridors and reaching marines moments after they die proving that the AI is so unbelievably stupid that the developers have to kill them all off using scripted events, there's no point going into detail about the Marine campaign because its really really generic. If you were looking for a Colonial Marines Squad experience you're out of luck because you spend the entire campaign on your own. Also a fellow Marine called Tequila talks into your ear for most of the game and she will annoy the hell out of you.

Alien Campaign
    The Alien Campaign starts off quite promising but quickly goes downs hill when you meet the mentally retarded Marines who have no knowledge of each others existence, so you spend the entire campaign scuttling about killing off Marines one by one until the game tells you that you've won.

Predator Campaign
    The Predator Campaign is really really boring, you simply jump about killing off mentally retarded Marines and having the occasional fight against a group of Aliens using disorientating melee attacks.

Multiplayer
    The multiplayer is a tiny tiny tiny little bit better than the singleplayer but not something I would pay money for. The multiplayer maps are really small and most of them are recycled from the singleplayer. The multiplayer is almost dead and the only gamemode played is Team Deathmatch.

Overall
    I can't believe that people are calling this the best game ever because its awful compared to its predecessor Alien vs Predator 2. If you want a real AvP experience then go play Alien vs Predator 2 because its a fantastic game that has stood the test of time.
  8. Nov 24, 2014
    Better at being Colonial Marines than Colonial Marines was. A great game with 3 campaigns (and 3 perspectives) to choose from. Lovely visuals, decent graphics and some neat gameplay mechanics combine into a well-rounded and solid shooter set in the Aliens and Predator universe.

Jimbo Rating: 7/10
  9. Oct 24, 2014
    Este es un título que merece ser mencionado, en la historia de ambas franquicias cinematográficas.
    El juego tiene tres campañas donde brilla principalmente por su ambientación, animación y efectos. Faltó mas interacción con el entorno, cosa que no explotaron en buena medida, además de muy poca duración aún siendo tres.
    Se aprecia en gran medida la jugabilidad de tres distintas formas,
    Se aprecia en gran medida la jugabilidad de tres distintas formas, una para cada especie, que fueron aceptables.
    El fuerte es su multijugador, una combinación de acción y diversión sin límite...
    En efecto no es un título perfecto, pero en comparación del desastroso Aliens Colonial Marines es una obra maestra. 100% recomendado ya que todos los jugones vuelven a este título aún pasado todo este tiempo, para olvidar ese mal sabor de boca que nos dejó a todos Colonial marines.
  10. Oct 21, 2014
    Por lo que veo 2010 fue un buen año para la franquicia Predator y Alien. En 2010 sacaron una nueva entrega de AVP en comics, la película Predators y este juego. Para empezar lo bueno: el juego tiene 3 campañas, una con cada especie, hay muchos cambios entre cada campaña así que nunca pensaras que estas usando al mismo personaje. El juego tiene una duración de entre 2-5 horas por campaña,Por lo que veo 2010 fue un buen año para la franquicia Predator y Alien. En 2010 sacaron una nueva entrega de AVP en comics, la película Predators y este juego. Para empezar lo bueno: el juego tiene 3 campañas, una con cada especie, hay muchos cambios entre cada campaña así que nunca pensaras que estas usando al mismo personaje. El juego tiene una duración de entre 2-5 horas por campaña, dependiendo si quieres ir explorando y recogiendo coleccionables para que tu experiencia sea mas larga. Pero también tienen algo malo, los jefes del juego. Al principio parecen épicos como luchar contra la reina Alien, lamentablemente, lo que tienes que hacer es apretar un botón, disparar 2 granadas, esperar un minuto matando unos 10 Aliens, apretar otro botón y listo. Esto pasa en las 3 campañas, la primera ves los jefes son algo difíciles pero por la segunda o tercera ves que luchas con ellos ya sabes que hacer. Es lamentable por que ningún jefe se salva que después de vencerlo 1 o 2 veces ya sabes como matarlo fácilmente, eso te hará querer aumentar la dificultad pero, aun en la dificultad mas grande "Infernal" puedes ganarles fácilmente. Una cosa buena es que esta doblado al español, es un juego mejor solo por ese detalle. Aunque las voces se les entiende todo, rara vez parecen tener emociones fuerte. Los únicos que me hicieron sentir que estaban bien traducidos fueron unos cuantos marines y Bishop. Aunque este juego tiene Multi-Player. El MP es divertido, pero tienes que aprender a jugar bien. Si usas un predator o alien tienes que saber luchar con ellos y moverte con ellos. El marine es el mas débil por lo que morirás muchas veces con el. Aun así todo esta decentemente equilibrado, y si sabes bloquear, golpear y disparar en los momentos precisos, aparte de tener todas las armas de la campaña como la smartgun/arma inteligente, puedes llegar a ser el mejor jugador de la partida como marine. No hay muchas armas en el juego pero aun así hay suficientes así que no es un problema. El mayor defecto del MP es el alien, es demasiado poderoso. Es fácil de matar con el marine, pero el puede usar un ataque con su cola que es un ataque super rápido y te quita la mitad de la vida. Aparte de que si te atrapa te matara en unos 2-3 segundos mientras que el predator tarda 5-7 segundos en salir de sus animaciones. Hablando de las animaciones: si estas como predator o alien detrás de un enemigo, puedes hacer un Fatality que lo matara automaticamente, lo malo es que aunque la animación ni haya empezado y matan al predator que te ataco, no importara ya que si te cogen es una muerte instantanéa sin opción de sobrevivir. He oído que AVP2000 es el mejor de todos los juegos de AVP, intente entrar pero sus gráficos no han envejecido nada bien. Es como jugar un juego con texturas de cartón con todo respeto a los que aman ese juego, es que no soporto ver a un predator mas delgado que un humano. Le doy un 07/10, puede que si hubiera jugado el anterior le haya bajado el puntaje pero al final este resulto ser un buen juego. Si lo compras no te pierdas el MP, hay muchos servidores dedicados y aun se conecta gente. Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2014
    Fantastic evolution for the AVP game series visuals especially when playing DX11 mode on decent setup. Singleplayer is worth a playthrough (particularly marine campaign) and multiplayer is so much fun (even today!). As a gamer I would give this game a 7 for the quality of the content and options but as an AVP fan can help but notice the cool details in this games visual language - it feelsFantastic evolution for the AVP game series visuals especially when playing DX11 mode on decent setup. Singleplayer is worth a playthrough (particularly marine campaign) and multiplayer is so much fun (even today!). As a gamer I would give this game a 7 for the quality of the content and options but as an AVP fan can help but notice the cool details in this games visual language - it feels right for each species so in this spirit give it an additional point! Keep up the good work rebellion. Expand
  12. Jun 15, 2014
    It feels a bit hard to go through the story mode.I stopped at a one point of Predator campaign,for it's just hard(not sure whether I chose the hardest difficulty directly.) and a little boring.The Alien part might be better.No,I'd prefer take the Alien campaign later than finishing Predator and Human parts.
    I hate collectibles.
    I hate collectibles.
    感觉通关难度不低。我在铁血战士战役中的某个点停下了,因为有点难(我忘了当时是否直接选择了最高难度),也有点无聊。异形部分或许会好些。算了,我还是更愿意先过了铁血战士和人类战役,把异形部分放到后面玩。
    我厌恶收集品。
  13. May 6, 2014
    Overall a decent game. Parts of it scream "port", such as the tacked-on multiplayer interface (dedicated servers came after release, and the menu to get to them is unintuitive). The game would have been much better with just a couple more patches.
  14. Nov 26, 2013
    I'm not really a big fan of First Person Perspective games. I do think that Aliens vs Predator would have been better as an over-the-shoulder third-person actioner, even the 1994 side-scrolling beat-em-up version was better than this. But for what it is, it's still a worthwhile game.

I wasn't immediately hooked, to be honest. I found the combat system to be clunky and difficult, though once the first level was cleared things got better (this applies to all three campaigns). Some of the gameplay and tense moments actually reminded me a lot of Condemned 2: Bloodshot. You play as either the Predator, Colonial Marines, or an Alien in three individual stories that all tie together, each with their own set of pros and cons.

The story follows on from those utterly awful AvP movies, but connects it with the Alien and Predator franchise in a more cohesive way than those cinematic travesties managed. But the video game franchise of this particular crossover has been stuck as a First Person actioner since 1999 and with this next-gen incarnation I think that Sega and Rebellion should have tried a new approach.

Despite the flaws, it's an enjoyable game that's very easy to play, if not finish, with plenty of trophies available.
  15. Nov 14, 2013
    This game was played on my PC through Steam, and while I did enjoy it and the multiplayer I would only give this game a 6.9 out of 10, this game also had multiplayer but it was ok.
  16. Oct 13, 2013
    It's not bad. The way the campaign is segmented is fairly fun. It's pretty well executed but for some reason I just can't put my finger on it never really engaged with me... It's completely ok, just far from great.
  17. Oct 10, 2013
    The best Aliens vs Predator francische I have ever played in my life...Way better than Aliens Damned Marines...This game is a must buy!There are still online players playing it.
  18. Sep 10, 2013
    This game is great,aside from the awesome combat system,spooky environments and also the AWESOME GRAPHICS. You will love playing all 3 of the campaigns.Predator is alright, Alien is awesome, Marine is CREEPY AND VERY STRESSFUL at higher difficulties as there is always the very known fact that you can get killed easily if you don't watch your backs while up against the other races.TheThis game is great,aside from the awesome combat system,spooky environments and also the AWESOME GRAPHICS. You will love playing all 3 of the campaigns.Predator is alright, Alien is awesome, Marine is CREEPY AND VERY STRESSFUL at higher difficulties as there is always the very known fact that you can get killed easily if you don't watch your backs while up against the other races.The downside, will be the fact that the game is very very linear, not much room for exploration.Voice acting is mediocre,story line is not very interesting.The ending is unsatisfying,since the timeline of all the 3 races you play is happening at the exact same time~ Expand
  19. Jul 25, 2013
    This was the last game I preordered.

First off, the single player is pretty mediocre and felt rushed to me. They feel more like elongated tutorials set up to make you feel comfortable with each race. Once completed (on each race) I did not feel a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction with the endings. The saving grace is certainly the multiplayer. I got this on release day, and
    This was the last game I preordered.

The saving grace is certainly the multiplayer. I got this on release day, and the number of servers were very low, it took quite some time to find a server, but things have changed since then as the price has gone down and more people pick it up. If you enjoy multiplayer fps games, and are tired of the generic cod or battlefiend shooter, then give it a try
  20. Jul 21, 2013
    If you have a good computer then this is a great game. Maxing the graphics gives you a great experience, very dark and jumpy.
    The AI is a little flaky but this game is more about the experience. You do feel involved, especially as the marine.
  21. May 25, 2013
    Great combo game, its got a total of 3 games all into one.. You can play as the predator, alien or the soldier so very cool. SEGA? Excellent work on this and on Aliens Colonial Marines
  22. May 5, 2013
    AVP is one of those games that I go back to again and again, I'm not big on the multiplayer so i can't comment on that aspect of the game. Overall the game was enjoyable but there were a few annoyances.

While playing through the single player it becomes clear that the stories of the three species somehow interweave but the timeline of the various missions isn't clear. My only real complaint about the single player is that it was much too short but it does manage to keep me coming back to play it again and again.

The combat side of the game is where I found most of the annoyances. Grabbing enemies as a predator while other enemies are around is a guaranteed death, same with the alien. Alien sneaking with surface transition is very annoying because of the camera, I wish it would lock onto your prey or something.

Graphics are fine, but not spectacular, Sound effects are mediocre but I thought the voice acting was good. Overall its a Decent game.
  23. May 3, 2013
    Aliens vs Predator is certainly a good game.

The action is set near and inside a facility. The game features full campaigns for all species, Marines, Aliens, and the Predator, and I can only say that they are very well made. It's just awesome to play as a predator and use his advanced technology, suck as the plasma gun, the smart disk, and the cloaking device. After this you
    Aliens vs Predator is certainly a good game.

The action is set near and inside a facility.

After this you have the opportunity to use even his ,,fatalities,, by decapitating the humans, the xenos, and make them trophies, brutal, yes, but is exactly like what we've seen in the movies, to and using them here is more than great.

The beginning of the Predator's plot takes first place on his homeworld where you learn the basics, parts of their training, and their environment.

The action is very intense and interesting, when the humans violate their sacred pyramid and steal their wrist bracer.

Marine's plot begins somewhere in the facility where you must fight your way out and during this you'll have to kill aliens and other enemies.

The main weapons are the same ones featured in the movies, like the pistol, the pulse rifle, and others. They're very well modeled and textured, and even the sound is like the one from the movies, the same solid sound.

Alien campaign begins in the same place like the marine's does, where you must fight your way out of the room where you're verified by the humans for your strength, intelligence, and skills after this you'll have to escape that room.

This is how the plot is set, the game play is fluent but is also linear, when you must complete the objectives to progress though the story, so there aren't many places you can miss.

In terms of game play, alien's campaign is nicely done, but could've been better with also an 3rd person camera view.

Each race has it's own abilities and advantages, for instance the marines have their cool weapons, but they're fragile people.

The AI for both friendlies and enemies is well developed, they don't make stupid attacks, and the alien AI is well made, as they use the environment exactly as they should, and that gives a nice experience.
    The visuals and level design look promising, with detailed textures and models, sweet lightning and particle effects, so the game has potential.

The game even has a multiplayer game mode, having available several modes, such as Deathmatch and Species Deathmatch, and as each race has it's own advantages, this makes the things more interesting.

However the multiplayer really has a major issue, being that there are very few maps, so will be a problem when you're playing, as you might get bored after a while.

So basically the game has a good replay value, a sort of memorable journey and experience so you'll have a good time when you'll play it.
  24. Mar 28, 2013
    I really had fun with this game. Not the best shooter I ever played but still a game that is worth playing if you have any affinity to the Franchise. I would recommend a budget-buy.
  25. Mar 25, 2013
    i was reading the back of the game and it sat 3 campains so i thouhgt nice.
    when i begon playing it was over so soon 3 campains with no story voices and short.
    the only fun campain was that one of the marine. and the one of the preditor is first person too you tount got any gun so you only have nives you. the alien campain i playt like 1 hour and is just made do destroy your pc to
    i was reading the back of the game and it sat 3 campains so i thouhgt nice.
    the only fun campain was that one of the marine.
    the alien campain i playt like 1 hour and is just made do destroy your pc to fast first person and very ****.
    the multiplayer is just the worst ever made.
  26. Mar 17, 2013
    Aliens vs. Predator 2010 is very good game not best (avp 2 better) but game look really nice. Not bad graphic and of course fast and nice multiplayer. Reccomend this game fans of aliens and predators:D
  27. Feb 7, 2013
    Single player is short, but amusing. I enjoyed the aliens since they were able to crawl on any surface and assassinate anyone. The multiplayer is fun, but not so many people are online (as I see it). The marines have a good set of weapons, and the predators I find to be op from their gear. I would recommend to this for any one if they see a good satisfying price on this.
  28. Jan 21, 2013
    Theres a fair bit of content here to make up a 12-13 hour game split into 3 campaigns. The audio logs you find help fill in story blanks and keep you interested, however the issues crop up in the gameplay and the overall story. The marines have this useless jump mechanic, and you can't duck for some reason. Also your weapons are very unbalanced, the pulse rifle and flamethrower lack powerTheres a fair bit of content here to make up a 12-13 hour game split into 3 campaigns. The audio logs you find help fill in story blanks and keep you interested, however the issues crop up in the gameplay and the overall story. The marines have this useless jump mechanic, and you can't duck for some reason. Also your weapons are very unbalanced, the pulse rifle and flamethrower lack power and the pistol has unlimited ammunition and you should avoid using it all together. The Predators are quite functional and seem balanced although they suffer a similar problem to the aliens in that they have these long unskippable finishing moves (theres no standard attack), that are also in MULTIPLAYER. During these animations you can easily be killed by other players. Why would they include this in both single and multiplayer? Its horrid. Although the rest of the multiplayer is pretty good, stalking predators, hit and run aliens. Infestation mode. Having feel that again since AvP 2 is refreshing. But without innovation it won't bring in new players...

Single Player 5/10
    Multiplayer 7/10

The game suffers from new problems but also lacks ambition, it doesn't try anything new except adding on predator jumping (which feels a bit restrictive & you barely get a chance to use it after the first hour of gameplay). We get Pyramids and a bit of outdoors dusty plains, inside of base. Retreading old steps.
  29. Dec 7, 2012
    I see people complain about this game not being AvP2. Well I agree with them story wise. Gameplay wise on the other hand I much prefer this one over 2. One of the main reasons has to be the speed of the aliens. Multiplayer wise this was such an issue I usually went predator or marine because the alien was too slow to get the drop on anyone.
  30. Oct 29, 2012
    i did the the predator and alien campaign but not the marine one cause its just too creepy for me, over all
    the game is ok. the story could be better and the gameplay was alright. not as good as the original.
  31. Oct 22, 2012
    I was a loved the Predator films when I first watched them in the early 2000's and my love of Alien soon followed. After the disappointing AvP films and having never tried one of the games I decided to let my prejudices down and give the latest iteration a go. First thing's first, this game is not worth anything more than £5. The reason as to why I think this is that there are threeI was a loved the Predator films when I first watched them in the early 2000's and my love of Alien soon followed. After the disappointing AvP films and having never tried one of the games I decided to let my prejudices down and give the latest iteration a go. First thing's first, this game is not worth anything more than £5. The reason as to why I think this is that there are three campaigns on offer: Marine, Alien and Predator. Whilst all 3 are fun (im using that word loosely) only one of them campaigns was worth my time in terms of challenge and length. That particular one is the Marine campaign, a good solid FPS from start to finish with a 2-3 hour length. The the Alien one is more of a stealth kind of approach, however the alien itself is too fast and light to control making precise actions difficult and is only an hour long. The Predator is stealthy again but gives you the choice to take stealth or action in the form of melee combat, however this character has too much going on such as all the various commands for weapons, actions and movement making it easy to just get in over your head and only boasting an hour long campaign again.
    Had the Marine one been longer by another 2 or 3 hours or had the other 2 campaigns been substantial enough it would have scored higher but only for the reason that the Marine campaign was half decent you may as well give this game a go.
  32. Aug 15, 2012
    More arcade than gritty hardship, with mildly enjoyable gameplay that sadly doesn't bring anything new to the table. The singleplayer is worth a playthrough, the online experience is too average, if not below average, to draw me in and keep me playing. I'd rather play AVP Gold, or AVP2.
  33. Jul 31, 2012
    I found this game extremely mediocre. To be fair, I was never a big fan of the Aliens universe to begin with, but the story did nothing to change my mind. It never really felt like immersing me. The marine campaign actually started the game off really for me. The atmosphere was tense and the action was enjoyable and well paced. The Predator and Alien campaigns, however, were not quite asI found this game extremely mediocre. To be fair, I was never a big fan of the Aliens universe to begin with, but the story did nothing to change my mind. It never really felt like immersing me. The marine campaign actually started the game off really for me. The atmosphere was tense and the action was enjoyable and well paced. The Predator and Alien campaigns, however, were not quite as well designed and tended to be fairly bland and ultimately unsatisfying. My experience of the multiplayer was one of frustration. It was difficult to find a match, and then when I finally got in, the action was kind of disappointing and some of the mechanics just felt really unfair. Overall, an unsatisfying experience. Expand
  34. Jun 27, 2012
    I'm not sure why this game got such a low META score. It's fun, looks great, and is as good as any other FPS in this genera. I saw the low Meta score at first and waited until it went on sale for $2.99, but I'm very pleased with the game.
  35. May 20, 2012
    Nice Design, Good looking game... Predator was such a Downgrade from
    Predator in Aliens Vs Predator 2... when you play a game with Predator
    and Marine you feal like you are just a slow retarded idiot... Dont get me started on how people block predator claw with there gun everytime! this is not Mortal Kombat FFS. Very boring game. I did not even try as Alien. Predator in AvP 2 had so much
    Nice Design, Good looking game... Predator was such a Downgrade from
    Predator in Aliens Vs Predator 2... when you play a game with Predator
    and Marine you feal like you are just a slow retarded idiot... Dont
    get me started on how people block predator claw with there gun everytime!
    this is not Mortal Kombat FFS. Very boring game. I did not even try as Alien. Predator in AvP 2 had so much weapons his secondary atack with claw
    was not automatic you could hold it as much as you want it and it would only
    hit when you let go mouse button 2, and he had so much more weapons. When
    you play with him in this game you are just to weak and doing a auto jump then not crouch and jump just like in AvP 2 just lol.
    What about glass botles, when you shoot them they bounce off! come on
    soo lazy... haha epic fail.
  36. Apr 16, 2012
    Having played the previous AvP's I was inclined to play this one. Its a fun action game allowing you to play as either Marines, Predator or Alien. While entertaining there are some small gripes like having to hold down the mouse button as Alien to traverse walls (lazy coding). Other than that it is a great game to play if a little confussling with missions split across the 3 playable races.
  37. Apr 4, 2012
    Ok, so first off, there are a couple of aspects in which the difficulty level gets somewhat awkward. Aliens seem to take an excessive amount of bullets to die even on easy, and getting headshots on those sneaky guys mostly depends on luck. The ambience is very good, mostly dark and claustrophobic, but also with lots of open areas where you can see very detailed vegetation and natureOk, so first off, there are a couple of aspects in which the difficulty level gets somewhat awkward. Aliens seem to take an excessive amount of bullets to die even on easy, and getting headshots on those sneaky guys mostly depends on luck. The ambience is very good, mostly dark and claustrophobic, but also with lots of open areas where you can see very detailed vegetation and nature elements, which is good. Tesselation works pretty well with this, enhancing several small details that make everything look more plausible. The radar on the marine campaign doesnâ Expand
  38. Feb 18, 2012
    Ok first of all multiplayer is rubbish, however singleplayer is well done and has great atmosphere without being ott.
    The visuals look great on my GTX 480 in full DX11... i couldn't ask for more from a game in the visual department.
    The story is fine and works well with enough pacing.
    The enemies are smart and dangerous and that is what i like.
  39. Feb 15, 2012
    Focusing on what AVP is instead of what it could have been; I thought this was a great little game. All three campaigns were fun, so much so that it's hard choosing one over the other. It has it's limitations like the linear gameplay and annoying little things like you can't crouch or take cover bug you like hell in the Marine campaign but I felt compelled to finish this game twice IFocusing on what AVP is instead of what it could have been; I thought this was a great little game. All three campaigns were fun, so much so that it's hard choosing one over the other. It has it's limitations like the linear gameplay and annoying little things like you can't crouch or take cover bug you like hell in the Marine campaign but I felt compelled to finish this game twice I enjoyed it so much. Expand
  40. Jan 24, 2012
    This is a very atmospheric, beautiful and terrifying game. Especially in DX11 graphics. But most of all, it's extremely fun to play online. It has dedicated servers and setting up a game of your own works fine. A lot of people have mics and it has an easy oneclick mute function for those annoying people. Species Team Deathmatch, Predator Hunt and Infestation are extremely fun. The threeThis is a very atmospheric, beautiful and terrifying game. Especially in DX11 graphics. But most of all, it's extremely fun to play online. It has dedicated servers and setting up a game of your own works fine. A lot of people have mics and it has an easy oneclick mute function for those annoying people. Species Team Deathmatch, Predator Hunt and Infestation are extremely fun. The three different species handle very differently from one another. It might seem unbalanced at first, but when you start understanding how to play as the different species you can win with any of them. As an Alien you can get incredible speed and jump from wall to wall with ease once you've mastered it(it's a bit disorienting in the beginning) Thanks to this you can surprise flank your enemies and outmanouver them. Great sense of freedom and power when you get good at it.

Marines are slow but powerful and together they can be quite hard to kill with their firepower and ability to block lighter attacks. The iconic motion tracker is spooky as usual and not always reliable. They are scary to play as and do well when together in a group.

Predators are arguably the most dangerous species but they can't take that much damage. Stealth, strength and awesome weaponry and gadgets from the movies that are differently hard to master makes this the most versatile species to play as.

I highly recommend this game if you are into multiplayer :) The single player is good practice and it has interesting story elements that add to the universe of AVP but the characters are flat, boring and it's over very quickly.
  41. Jan 20, 2012
    Im a multiplayer person ( fps geek if you wanna call it that ) and i loved playing as the marine in this game. The atmospher was excellent in both SP and MP. But after you get the hang of it you feel like the game is missing something. Dont get me wrong its far much better then DEMO version i played on steam ( thank god) but i can nitpick on a few things. I like how they focus on theIm a multiplayer person ( fps geek if you wanna call it that ) and i loved playing as the marine in this game. The atmospher was excellent in both SP and MP. But after you get the hang of it you feel like the game is missing something. Dont get me wrong its far much better then DEMO version i played on steam ( thank god) but i can nitpick on a few things. I like how they focus on the combat system in this game with the melee abilitys BUT the flamer is useless in this game. When it comes to weapons damage AVP2 was much more balanced. But atleast this game didnt balance it with "Rock-paper-scissors system" like many other games did. I had fun with all races but i was kinda pissD off that they didnt include a game mode with classes such as medic,soldier,sniper or that you could play as a facehugger! You can adapt to the game and have alot of fun with it. ( even with all the flaws ) Expand
  42. Jan 14, 2012
    The game is pretty good but i did beat it in 7 hours and yeah am talking about all 3 campaigns.
    The game play was however very fun and didnt feel repetitive since you change between 3 different characters and play styles over such a short amount of time. The story was nothing to brag about but overall i had fun with this game.
  43. Dec 31, 2011
    Some of the reviews on AvP are a little unfair, but they do have some valid points. Graphics are fairly good, but the campaigns are pretty short and they do replay large sections of the maps. Normally I'm against the latter, but each species' different abilities allow for varying tactics, and makes each playthough fairly unique. What really stands out is the atmosphere and the audioSome of the reviews on AvP are a little unfair, but they do have some valid points. Graphics are fairly good, but the campaigns are pretty short and they do replay large sections of the maps. Normally I'm against the latter, but each species' different abilities allow for varying tactics, and makes each playthough fairly unique. What really stands out is the atmosphere and the audio cues, particularly the Club Eden segment for the marine. I'm a little surprised by the rock-paper-scissors approach to melee combat, it's awkward at first and the idea of a human 'beating' a predator or alien in melee is kind of weird, but after a while you get used to it. Multiplayer is pretty fun, it's a little easier to find a match now with dedicated servers, but there is a steep learning curve, so don't expect to just jump in as an alien and tear people to shreds. It would have been great if this AvP's multiplayer had been set up similar to AvP2's, with different classes and expanded weaponry. I think it's still a decent enough game if you're a fan of the series, but please for the love of god Rebellion, don't hire Michelle "Tequila" Rodriguez to do anymore voiceover work. Expand
  44. Dec 4, 2011
    Third rate shooter, nice graphics but very linear gameplay. Play as marine, alien or predator, good idea in theory however in practice the alien and predator characters became boring after about five minutes. The marine play through lasted less than 5 hours. Marine had only one encounter with the predator, that was a disappointment. Limited weapons, limited movement, could have been muchThird rate shooter, nice graphics but very linear gameplay. Play as marine, alien or predator, good idea in theory however in practice the alien and predator characters became boring after about five minutes. The marine play through lasted less than 5 hours. Marine had only one encounter with the predator, that was a disappointment. Limited weapons, limited movement, could have been much better. Paid only 5 bucks so it wasnâ Expand
  45. Dec 3, 2011
    The graphics are amazing and the storyline can be scary at times (as all AvP games are) but the lack of dedicated server support for multi-player killed this game for me. I don't think I've seen anyone just kill the potential for a game like this.
  46. Nov 22, 2011
    A very buggy and unpolished game, even after several patches. I could list 100 things wrong with it, but for the sake of not reminding myself how badly developed this game was, I'll stick with just a few pet hates. 1. Marine get's a magic pistol with unlimited bullets, even though he has a melee ability.
    2. Marines weapons magically disappear at the end of a level to be replaced by
    2. Marines weapons magically disappear at the end of a level to be replaced by defaults. 3. Incredibly cliche and uninspired story stuck on a heavily linear and scripted single player, e.g don't bother trying to save your marine buddies, most are meant to die by design. Alien attacks conveniently dry up once you finish some random objective as the game waits for you to move to the next section. 4. Incredibly repetitive npc marine chatter. "Don't relax just yet marines" heard constantly on each campaign.
    5. Sometimes ingame triggers fail to activate, leaving you having to kill yourself to return to an earlier checkpoint, e.g sometimes when hacking something as a marine, it'll never actually finish hacking. 6. Pressing e to do a killing move seems cool at first, and provides initial entertainment, becomes incredibly boring once you've seen it dozens of times and will go out your way to just beat enemy npc's to death to avoid seeing the same drawn out animation again. 7. Awful menu system with rubbish options. 8. Buggy sound system. 9. Poor amount of multiplayer maps. 10. Npc's are pretty dumb and easy to exploit the weaknesses in the A.I to easily kill anything on any difficulty.
  47. Nov 1, 2011
    I love how smooth the gameplay in AVP is. I love how you almost feel like you are there. I love how good it does what it does. I'm giving it an 8 for what it is and what i love about it, though it's not the best FPS out there it remains one of the top. When you hear an alien scurry or that tense mind pulsing music starts and you know a predator is staring straight down your spine, um ya...I love how smooth the gameplay in AVP is. I love how you almost feel like you are there. I love how good it does what it does. I'm giving it an 8 for what it is and what i love about it, though it's not the best FPS out there it remains one of the top. When you hear an alien scurry or that tense mind pulsing music starts and you know a predator is staring straight down your spine, um ya... this game rocks! Also the variety though fairly short not to short in my opinion of the single player mode is great. Just an awesome game. I'm replaying through the marine campaign now on hard mode. just and fun as the first time Expand
  48. Sep 27, 2011
    I played the second AvP game and desparately want to get it into my library even though I only experienced the Alien campaign the whole way through and only about halfway through the Predator campaign. While with this new release of AvP, there is a very clear distinction of what is not here between the two games: Levels. If you knew what you was doing and knew how to do it precisely on theI played the second AvP game and desparately want to get it into my library even though I only experienced the Alien campaign the whole way through and only about halfway through the Predator campaign. While with this new release of AvP, there is a very clear distinction of what is not here between the two games: Levels. If you knew what you was doing and knew how to do it precisely on the hardest difficulty, you could beat the new installment of AvP in so little time on the Alien campaign. What I really wished to see in the new installement was to go through the Alien life-cycle because that was so much fun to do. Locate the isolated host and then burst through his chest followed by having to sneak by the USCMC to feed in order to molt into your adult stage. That is what I missed in the new installment but it is minor in comparison to the levels that were missing that could've been included. Instead though, we get top grade graphics which visually impress me and gameplay that is very easy learn and tactics that must be utilized that are somewhat similar to Metal Gear Solid series, from MGS3 and up on consoles. I've only lightly brushed into multiplayer and I've found being the Aliens in multiplayer games not as bad as I've read it. Certainly there are not a lot of dark maps that are geared to give Aliens the advantage but you can at least destroy light sources that make it harder for enemy players to spot you which from what I read is what many of the players forget that the Aliens can do. The ability to "sneak" up behind an enemy, USCMC and Predator alike, and kill them with a stealth kill is empowering to the player performing the stealth kill and said player can quickly get away for another stealth kill provided the slayed player's buddy(ies) are not pay attention to what is happening. There should've been a "save your friend" mechanic in the multiplayer. What I mean by this is that if you noticed your friend about to be stealth/trophy killed you should be able to shoot the alien/predator down before the kill your friend to save your his life. Dedicated servers should also be set up to lower ping similar to what Valve does with their servers. Despite the flaws, I rate this game a 10/10. Expand
  49. Aug 30, 2011
    Truly not a bad game at all. For 5 bucks (on sale) and a few hours of your time, AvP can excite you in many ways. Three different campaigns (Marines, Aliens, Predators), each with their own game play mechanics and storyline that all tie into one scenario. A good thriller worth more attention, but less money.
  50. Aug 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If this game would have stayed as good as it was during the marine mission I would have rated it higher. However, during the alien section I had to stop playing multiple times due to almost wanting to throw up. Transitioning on walls was not a smooth process. Many times even when it told me I could it didn't work out that well. Then end boss battle was a little weak as well. Just run away shoot, run away, shoot. Repeat ten times, and you beat it. It was a game that I had to force myself to play all the way through. Expand
  51. Jul 13, 2011
    Being able to play as the alien has to be, by far, the best way to play this game. Playing as the space marine was kind of boring to me and the predator seemed either too easy or too difficult.
  52. Jun 30, 2011
    I actually created my metacritic account just to rate this game as I feel the score is unfairly low. Admittedly when I first picked it up I did not like it all that much either - it initially felt a bit old-school, the menus look old and the gameplay, even as a veteran gamer, was stressful to master. So it gathered dust for a while.

Now I have given it another go and suddenly it comes

Now I have given it another go and suddenly it comes off as absolutely brilliant ! If u take the time to look the DX11 graphics are very-very beautiful, detailed and atmospheric. The sounds are authentic, very intense and create a stressful mood. The animation work on the aliens as they move along the ceilings and walls is superb and you feel very alone and frantic as they come from multiple angles.

Incredibly I cannot play the game more than a couple of hours at a time before needing a break for the sensory system. However, it is an experience to savour. Fans of AVP should not hesitate as quality-wise it is hands and feet above usual movie-tie ins. Just get through the first couple of missions and embrace the stress: From then onward it is a brilliant shooter brimming with atmosphere.

Vastly underrated.
  53. Jun 27, 2011
    I figure I should review this simply because I believe I should have a LONG time ago. I basically was waiting for this and excited for this because I played AVP2 regularly and I loved the whole franchise, first of all I want to say that if you're coming from AVP2 you will most certainly not encounter a similar type of game. The strong points of this game are basically solid graphics,I figure I should review this simply because I believe I should have a LONG time ago. I basically was waiting for this and excited for this because I played AVP2 regularly and I loved the whole franchise, first of all I want to say that if you're coming from AVP2 you will most certainly not encounter a similar type of game. The strong points of this game are basically solid graphics, decent AI, and the 3 races. There really isn't a whole lot to praise with this game in terms of gameplay, but I will say that this game was reliable, I pre-ordered for PC and got the game a few days after release (backed up shipment or something stupid), and immediately there we no problems with the game, I never experienced any crashing, glitching, sound distortion or cutting out, nothing like that. Rebellion was smart enough to patch in a dedicated servers feature as well fairly soon after release. But that's about where the good points end. The singleplayer, it's a decent experience to be honest, but the story is easily forgettable, plus the addition of the collectible objects which really add nothing to the game beyond steam achievements, or a little bit of storyline from the marine recordings(which are annoying to try and listen to because they don't autoplay), are basically there to waste time. Too be honest, the greatest single player feature in the game is the survival game, where you are a marine fighting waves of aliens that get tougher the more you kill, at least that is the best feature in my eyes, I've spent more time in that than I do in multiplayer pvp matches. But even still, it is hindered by the lack of survival maps (only 2 without DLC) and like I said, there's only a survivor mode for marines, there's no other added single player feature to play aliens or predators. The multiplayer, basically what I was waiting for, turned out to be pretty disappointing, marines are honestly the most fun to play, for the simple reason that you can't run around executing people, predators and aliens can simply run around pressing E to execute people, sure you can play without doing that, but it's basically crippling yourself if you refuse to execute people because it's just a one button press. The upside? Executing people is satisfying to watch, the gore is so ruthlessly violent that it's almost hilarious to disembowel a marine. But it's lack of variety and intrigue in gameplay can be ENTIRELY contributed to the root problem of the whole game, and that root problem is console porting. This game is so clearly made for consoles when you play it, yes it works fine for PC and has no problems, but the gameplay feels so limited, and it just FEELS like a console game, it feels like it is being restricted by a controller when you play the PC version. The lack of weapon variety, the lack of universal crouching and jumping, it's all a product of a game that was designed for consoles. This game is certainly not AVP2, but I will make a comparison, in AVP2 the predators and marines had so many weapons that it would be impossible to play on a console because you often need to switch between weapons instantly, and having to cycle through them using a controller would just be frustrating, never mind the ammo types and alternate firing methods. This is a game clearly influenced by the desire to have it available for console systems, and as such is a pretty mediocre PC game, albeit with dedicated servers, which is becoming rare these days. I'm giving this game a 5 because of its console value, it really is an alright console game in my opinion, but it's a very obvious one, I would certainly advise anyone not to pick this up for the PC especially if you're a PC gamer. Summary: The lack of weapon variety, boring multiplayer meta game, and generally bland gameplay lead this to be an alright console game and not much more, the graphics are quite pleasing and the dedicated servers are nice, but it doesn't matter when the gameplay just doesn't hold your attention. I played multiplayer for literally 1 maybe 2 days before I got bored of it basically entirely, there must be a serious lack of players in the game by now, if you're an AVP fan you'll probably marginally enjoy it like I did, but if you're a dedicated PC gamer, you'd be better off going for a different game, or better yet, just getting AVP2, even the single player is worth it in that game. At any rate, I regret paying full price for this, it's essentially just eye candy. Expand
  54. Jun 22, 2011
    Great visuals, fun gameplay, enjoyable storyline. This game has something for everybody, the marine campaign is like halo while the predator campaign is like chronicles of riddick games. As for the alien I cannot think of anything like it. I can spend hours playing through the campaigns and then jump into multiplayer with some friends for loads of fun. I cannot say how much this is worthGreat visuals, fun gameplay, enjoyable storyline. This game has something for everybody, the marine campaign is like halo while the predator campaign is like chronicles of riddick games. As for the alien I cannot think of anything like it. I can spend hours playing through the campaigns and then jump into multiplayer with some friends for loads of fun. I cannot say how much this is worth purchasing especially with the low price it is now. (I would give it an 8 but some people were giving it a 0 when they said in the review it deserves a 4 so yeah) Expand
  55. Jun 19, 2011
    This game is completely laggy. I have an I7-920 integrated quad core at 2.67 ghz,9GB RAM, with an Nvidia GTX260 with 896MB RAM. It doesn't even make much sense because I lowered the settings from Very High textures to High, but that only slightly improved performance. Same with shadows. My rig is only 2 years old and should not have this kind of issue with a 2010 game. I have noThis game is completely laggy. I have an I7-920 integrated quad core at 2.67 ghz,9GB RAM, with an Nvidia GTX260 with 896MB RAM. It doesn't even make much sense because I lowered the settings from Very High textures to High, but that only slightly improved performance. Same with shadows. My rig is only 2 years old and should not have this kind of issue with a 2010 game. I have no trouble running other games yet this one is choppy as anything. Otherwise, the gameplay reminds me of one of my favorite games of all time, AVP2. However, it's hard to play much since I'm often getting pauses and maybe 25 FPS. Expand
  56. May 15, 2011
    Great PC title screwed by a console. A.I. is horrible, human opponents sound like broken records, plot is boring. It's rather lazy remake of the great original Aliens vs Predator 1999, than new Aliens vs Predator 3. Textures in some locations are high quality, in other opposite. The best part of the game is awesome, precise Predator model and Predator missions, definitely the best ofGreat PC title screwed by a console. A.I. is horrible, human opponents sound like broken records, plot is boring. It's rather lazy remake of the great original Aliens vs Predator 1999, than new Aliens vs Predator 3. Textures in some locations are high quality, in other opposite. The best part of the game is awesome, precise Predator model and Predator missions, definitely the best of Predator you can get in whole AvP saga. Multiplayer is total mess and auto aim spamm fest. Payable DLC's with extra multiplayer maps can be reconsider only as a sick joke. Expand
  57. May 5, 2011
    Firstly, AvP multiplayer is a blast. And yes, I'm talking about the Sega version from 2010. I've never played such an intense PvP game, and it's great from all classes. I figured it would be imbalanced, but all three races can play well, once you learn how to play. Marines are at a disadvantage in close range, but you need teammates. The main problem is that not many people play onlineFirstly, AvP multiplayer is a blast. And yes, I'm talking about the Sega version from 2010. I've never played such an intense PvP game, and it's great from all classes. I figured it would be imbalanced, but all three races can play well, once you learn how to play. Marines are at a disadvantage in close range, but you need teammates. The main problem is that not many people play online now, which is a shame. The hosting system is a bit confusing, but tolerable. It's a consolized version, similar to Halo 3, which is strange on PC but I can accept it, given the quality of gameplay. Weapons are not handed out in large numbers, but the basics are there, and we really don't need 27 different versions of the same assault rifle like in some other games.
    Single-player is not bad, the story is interesting so far, and it's not a bad length. Most of all, I have to say the graphics are amazing, and everything runs smoothly. It's not a cheap console port or anything, everything seems very optimized and runs great in Dx10. The story may not be too long, but I think they wanted people in multiplayer too, instead of just the story. I feel the story compares to AvP 2. I also feel the game is very good, despite claims otherwise, and worth picking up. If you like FPS and intensity in your combat, where you really can die easily, look into it. It's averaging $20 which is a great price for the amount of game included.
  58. Apr 15, 2011
    still in the middle of playing it, but this is one of the best "no expectations" (didn't expect much) discovered gem games ever! The graphics are exceptional. gameplay VERY fun. weapons cool. maps are fantastic and the music is Great! Ganted, I do like predator franchise things (and just recently saw the new film), but still. This is a very solid 8+ possibly 9 out of ten. I love findingstill in the middle of playing it, but this is one of the best "no expectations" (didn't expect much) discovered gem games ever! The graphics are exceptional. gameplay VERY fun. weapons cool. maps are fantastic and the music is Great! Ganted, I do like predator franchise things (and just recently saw the new film), but still. This is a very solid 8+ possibly 9 out of ten. I love finding things expecting nothing. The graphics on this are incredible. No idea why reviews were so scathing. This is quite possibly one of my fave fpses (a genre I had, until bioshock, grown tired of). This is no bioshock but for casual fun fps, it's awesome WAY WAy more immersive and interesting than something like serious sam hd 1/2 imho. Expand
  59. Apr 6, 2011
    The best AvP game ever, better than AvP 1, Gold, Avp 2 and Primal Hunt for. This is the first AvP game whit realistic combat system, the history line is superb, the multiplayer is solid and funny and the species as perffect recreated. The graphics at the same time are brutal whit DX11
  60. Mar 16, 2011
    Going to get my bias out in the open, I'm a fanboy for all things Alien and Predator, so regardless of quality I will buy the game and get enjoyment out of it. This does not mean I don't recognise its flaws though, the 3 campaigns all share the same 5 maps/locations so expect to see the same things over and over which feels a bit cheap. The Marines AI is abysmal in the Aliens andGoing to get my bias out in the open, I'm a fanboy for all things Alien and Predator, so regardless of quality I will buy the game and get enjoyment out of it. This does not mean I don't recognise its flaws though, the 3 campaigns all share the same 5 maps/locations so expect to see the same things over and over which feels a bit cheap. The Marines AI is abysmal in the Aliens and Predator campaigns, the only things I had to be careful about were the androids in the later levels the combat (melee at least) is just Rock Paper Scissors and doesn't feel very satisfying. The storyline is rather bland (the standard AVP storyline). As for the multiplayer, I did enjoy infestion and predator hunt but the other modes seemed like too much of a cluster****. If you see this game on sale for under £10 consider picking it up. Expand
  61. Feb 3, 2011
    Before it was released, back in February 2010 a lot of people were talking about this game and it looked pretty good, they released a demo before the release and it was very unsuccessful, so unsuccessful they removed it off of steam within a few days.

The graphics are amazing, but let me just say that the 3 campaigns for this game are very short. Predator took me 3 hours to complete in total, and Alien is just confusing, Marine makes me want to kill myself because on your radar it keeps beeping and there is NO way you can stop it, its just, blip, blip, feeling like theres a headache at the back of your head. I'd rather listen to the Back To The Future song that repeats all the time on the first level, thats more enjoyable than that beep. The AI sucks, as a predator, the marines just run back and shoot you with an unrealistic SMG gun sound. The aliens on the other hand are much more intellegent and know how to kill.

Multiplayer is 100% dead. There are no servers at all. So I feel like I should give this game a 6 for its graphics and different gameplay style but 5 because of the annoying blip noise on the Marine campaign.

Either way, they concentrated way too much on the graphics instead of gameplay.
  62. Jan 4, 2011
    Such a shame to see a game lose so many sales because of bad reviews, this is a fantastic title, great graphics and controls, as well as fabulous sound design! Great Job Rebellion!
  63. Jan 3, 2011
    To me this game was the greatest of the AVP series. I absolutely loved it! I like playing the 3 stories and the survivor mode. Plus online was very fun. Graphics are just amazing and game-play is great. I think this was one of the greatest games ever created for AVP. The only sad part was that there we're not many servers. I suggest this game!
  64. Dec 1, 2010
    Very great game! I bought it 2 days ago and I have to say that I have been really enjoying the gameplay. Predator and Alien campaing offer gore and gameplay no other game can offer. The fact that you can brutally kill every oponent with some incredibly sick ways is great. But its not all mindless gore and ripping heads apart, oh no, you stil have to build a strategi, for example on theVery great game! I bought it 2 days ago and I have to say that I have been really enjoying the gameplay. Predator and Alien campaing offer gore and gameplay no other game can offer. The fact that you can brutally kill every oponent with some incredibly sick ways is great. But its not all mindless gore and ripping heads apart, oh no, you stil have to build a strategi, for example on the Alien campaign you got to smash out lights so you can be unseed, and on predator you can lure enemies away from their party and take them out one by one. Overall this game has nice graphics either on DX9 or DX11, it does not really mater, the achievements are also nice to get and the singleplayer offers a great experience no other game has.
    Now to the Multiplayer! I have to say that the multiplayer is just not worth it, the aliens are very hard to control, and everyone is just looking to brutally kill everyone and another disadvantage this game has is that you are STUCK while you finish your oponnent that means you are vulnerable for every attack for about 3-4 seconds so watch out how and when you kill your enemy. You can also choose from 3 various races (Human, Alien, Predator) and various skins for every race just to enhance gameplay. Multiplayer is not great.
  65. Nov 21, 2010
    Great game, very enjoyable ripping a marines head out of his stomach with his spine still attached.
    Has a very nice single-player that has a good 6 hours if all campaigns are mixed together.
    Multi-player is a action packed, fun experience that will keep you going for hours and hours.
    Definitely a game rated 10 out of 10.
  66. Nov 17, 2010
    Great atmospheric graphics on PC. Runs on full graphics using laptop with i7 and HD 5730 1GB graphics (1366 x 768). Much of the atmosphere would be lost on minimum specs without all the additional graphics (check the requirements before purchase). Just passable graphics on xbox 360 and PS3 (in comparison to PC options - I have both consoles and borrowed the console versions of theGreat atmospheric graphics on PC. Runs on full graphics using laptop with i7 and HD 5730 1GB graphics (1366 x 768). Much of the atmosphere would be lost on minimum specs without all the additional graphics (check the requirements before purchase). Just passable graphics on xbox 360 and PS3 (in comparison to PC options - I have both consoles and borrowed the console versions of the game).

Best atmosphere and storyline found when playing the marine campaign. I found playing a little in my lunch break could be a little too intense for a 'break'. The motion sensor can cause you to search the shadows. This is further enhanced with the great sound effects that pay the movie franchises homage.

The additional campaign options of alien and predator set this game aside from most. Something they first achieved with the original two games (AvP and AvP2). The story lines are not as strong. However, learning the different characters and styles keeps you interested. The predator is most effective following a methodological attack and stealth approach and it is best to make use of the focus jump to take advantage, sneak around or get the out of a swarm of aliens or marine bullets. On the other hand, the alien takes a bit to get used to. The ability to crawl over walls and ceilings is fantastic but also tests your sense of direction and 'which way is up'. The aiming reticule works well to assist - use it. Not as fast as AvP but still fun to sneak up and claw a marine. Don't forget to search out and use the shadows.

This game has received several bad reviews. I say WHY? I agree - not being able to crouch is annoying. But why pick on a game for re-using maps when the story line overlaps. Most re-used maps are used in a different way and set an appropriate time line in relation to the other campaigns. I have also never experienced any bugs (apart from the aliens) - although I only recently got into it and allowed steam to keep it up to date (I may have missed them). In addition - I haven't checked out the multi-player yet - so no relative judgement. GREAT USE OF DIRECT X 11 - worth upgrading your graphics card - not too expensive to pick up a DX 11 card that would run this game now.

Overall - I enjoyed it. A great break from war shooters with great atmosphere and graphics. I look forward to the potential sequel and would love the idea of an expansion - using the same engine just extending the campaigns.

I had trouble deciding on a 9 or 10 rating. A little more work on the alien story line with some additional guidance on objectives would solve the occasional 'how the hell do you get there' frustration (not really a problem for the marine or predator - but then they don't crawl over walls or ceilings and duck through mazes of vents). Really worth a 9.5 for me :)
  67. Oct 31, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a very excellent game. Graphics great. Anyone who has a previous version, this one should not miss the collection. Individual campaigns are short while but it is certainly worth ,visiting hrní in ,:pe00ople.-_ Expand
  68. Oct 17, 2010
    A very fun and atmospheric game. While it may not be as amazing as it's predecessors, it is still a blast to play. As in the previous games, it offers several experiences in one game, letting you play through the eerie Marine campaign, the thrilling predator campaign, or the exciting Alien campaign. All three species can collide in some intense multiplayer fun.
    So, yes, while not as good
    So, yes, while not as good as it's predecessors, the game is still a bunch of fun!
  69. Oct 8, 2010
    I was so looking forward to this game, since i was a fan of the first avp game back in the 90s, But unfortunately it just feels like its missing so much. The solo player is not that great because it feels vso short. The graphics look great but to bad rebellion did not put that much effort into the rest of the game. The short list of weapons for the predator and marine were veryI was so looking forward to this game, since i was a fan of the first avp game back in the 90s, But unfortunately it just feels like its missing so much. The solo player is not that great because it feels vso short. The graphics look great but to bad rebellion did not put that much effort into the rest of the game. The short list of weapons for the predator and marine were very disappointing compared to the list of the first game. I don't understand why they had to change the alien controls from the first avp i thought those worked perfect. The most of the maps are two open and remind me of the second avp game, i wonder why they were more closely related to movies like the first game did. The multilayer is laggy and at times its impossible to find a server. The ups side all though few is trophy kills or being trophy killed, the feeling that any minute something is going to come up behind you and stab you in the back is a great feeling reminds me of the movies. Holding out with your friends against waves of aliens is a fun mode. There was so much more that could have been added but it feels it was just put together to quickly. I am a fan of movies which is why I somewhat enjoy this game. Hopefully one day a developer will release a real avp game again. Expand
  70. Dmitry
    May 17, 2010
    Good visuals, lots of gore. That's all this game can offer. Boring gameplay and storyline are not worth it. I wouldn't buy it even for 10 bucks. Better get AvP Gold and AvP 2.
  71. RusselN
    May 5, 2010
    Aliens vs. Predator 2 is a far better game. The graphics aren't as good, but nobody loves a game just for its graphics! All the hype around this and they blew it. Fox seems determined to strangle every last penny out of the Alien vs. Predator story arc and they are killing it in the process.
  72. MartinH
    May 3, 2010
    Aliens vs Predator is an eerie, dark experience that has three campaigns running side by side. You get to play as a marine, a predator and an alien in these missions. The campaigns are a bit short but are good nevertheless. The multiplayer mode is where the game comes to life however. The graphics are really great and is one of the few games to utilise DirectX 11. If you was a fan of the Aliens vs Predator is an eerie, dark experience that has three campaigns running side by side. You get to play as a marine, a predator and an alien in these missions. The campaigns are a bit short but are good nevertheless. The multiplayer mode is where the game comes to life however. The graphics are really great and is one of the few games to utilise DirectX 11. If you was a fan of the original AvP then I'd definately pick this up but if not then it may not be for you. Still this is a good game that keeps you coming back for more. Expand
  73. adm
    Apr 25, 2010
    I really enjoyed the predator campaign (but only for a short time), massive jumps, invisibility, cool sounds, i felt like i would be the one to liberate Schwarzenegger's head from his body. Unfortunately the mixture of good graphics and a really really really bad story line made for a pretty disappointing time. NO character development! No real interesting goals or plot points!...and I really enjoyed the predator campaign (but only for a short time), massive jumps, invisibility, cool sounds, i felt like i would be the one to liberate Schwarzenegger's head from his body. Unfortunately the mixture of good graphics and a really really really bad story line made for a pretty disappointing time. NO character development! No real interesting goals or plot points!...and where the hell is crouch?? This could have been an awesome game :( All in all well done on the sound effects, the predator 'idea' was there but the rest of it was NOT fun. Expand
  74. RoflcakesInternet
    Apr 20, 2010
    I.W.M.M.B I Want My Money Back!!! this is the biggest rip off iv ever bought the graphics are the only flashy thing about it the online play is run around pressing E and the single player is the exact same thing. The story was so dull that i have marks on my head from banging my head on the keyboard saying "I dont care! get to the game already!!!"
  75. Andrew
    Apr 14, 2010
    This game was complete garbage for $49.99. Of all the FPS games out there that have crouch where you "wouldn't really need it," I would say that this game needs it. One of the predators trademark positions is being cloaked and minimialized in an elevated positon. The first two AVP games had crouching, why go a step back? Why leave out options and leave plenty of buttons unused? This game was complete garbage for $49.99. Of all the FPS games out there that have crouch where you "wouldn't really need it," I would say that this game needs it. One of the predators trademark positions is being cloaked and minimialized in an elevated positon. The first two AVP games had crouching, why go a step back? Why leave out options and leave plenty of buttons unused? Second of all, I can't even make it through a campaign because this is so unstable. It's worthless trying to do it regardless of technical issues because the campaigns are just so boring and have nothing to grab you. Multiplayer is crap due to it's lackluster layout and I don't like the avp game community anymore because they continue you support this juvenile attempt at entertainment. Why defend the leaving out of crouching? Expand
  76. JeremyW
    Apr 11, 2010
    I am a HUGE fan of AVP Gold (1999) and AVP2, and was actually surprised that they pulled this off. I wasn't expecting anything great from Rebellion but I was shocked to see that they actually did this right. The rock-paper-scissors style melee feels right (most of the time) and the classes extremely balanced. I've seen myself spend hours upon hours in a single server (they have I am a HUGE fan of AVP Gold (1999) and AVP2, and was actually surprised that they pulled this off. I wasn't expecting anything great from Rebellion but I was shocked to see that they actually did this right. The rock-paper-scissors style melee feels right (most of the time) and the classes extremely balanced. I've seen myself spend hours upon hours in a single server (they have a dedicated server browser now!). The single player is great. Predator feels strong, alien fragile and fast, and marine terrifying. Over 6 hours in each campaign. That's 18+ hours. Some reviewers are expecting a call of duty type game with every shooter out... this is not that. It's much more to master and get a hold of. I only scrutinize it on the fact that the ranks mean nothing due to skins doing absolutely nothing... they could have taken some ideas from AVP2 in that area. REMEMBER: It has a dedicated server list now under player match. It's excellent. 9.5/10 Right on Rebellion. Expand
  77. Slavko
    Apr 9, 2010
    No technical issues, everything runs smooth, with satisfied Frames; nice sounds, but whats important: lazy, short and shameless port from console; horrible controls, not optimised for PC - player needs to press 3-4 buttons at the same time to use Predator with some results; weak combat system; only 4 maps for Species Team DM is a joke, same as payment for additional maps in DLC; product No technical issues, everything runs smooth, with satisfied Frames; nice sounds, but whats important: lazy, short and shameless port from console; horrible controls, not optimised for PC - player needs to press 3-4 buttons at the same time to use Predator with some results; weak combat system; only 4 maps for Species Team DM is a joke, same as payment for additional maps in DLC; product should be reconsider as not yet ready, because of Dedicated Server beta - it's like selling Microsoft Office with Microsoft Word beta - disrespecting for players and fans; empty servers / no players mostly; developers arrogancy. Absolute must have for desperated hardcore fans of AvP franchise, cuz there is alot much better games. Expand
  78. KyleF
    Apr 1, 2010
    This game is awesome. The graphics were good not awesome but good. But game play wise this game knocks it out of the park! My heart was racing when I had my first AvP fight and Quite frankly I am still excited from the fight. The alien campaign was one of my favorite campaign of all time next to half-life . The Predator was Predator good not nearly as awesome as the alien campaign but I This game is awesome. The graphics were good not awesome but good. But game play wise this game knocks it out of the park! My heart was racing when I had my first AvP fight and Quite frankly I am still excited from the fight. The alien campaign was one of my favorite campaign of all time next to half-life . The Predator was Predator good not nearly as awesome as the alien campaign but I still enjoined de-spineing . marines nonetheless . Marine was awesome to. Multilayer was fast paced and had lots of modes. This could be one of the best games rebellion has made! Expand
  79. Serraphyn
    Mar 29, 2010
    I only give a 1 for the decent graphics. This game is such a disappointment to AVP game fans. THere is little to no character development really, wow you get a new gun or you have more health. There is no customization of your characters in single or multiplayer mode. The 'skin' idea is a joke, give real new classes not just random crap skins. there should be more then just I only give a 1 for the decent graphics. This game is such a disappointment to AVP game fans. THere is little to no character development really, wow you get a new gun or you have more health. There is no customization of your characters in single or multiplayer mode. The 'skin' idea is a joke, give real new classes not just random crap skins. there should be more then just sprint/walk/jog modes in this game. What happened to sitting, crawling or crouching? This game is probably the most lazy excuse I have seen in a LONG time for a game. If Rebellion wants a real developer leader to help with gaming ideas, get a hold of me. There are some other games out there that are free and have better game mechanics then this one. A true disappointment, wow I'm a pred, alien, or human, nothing special to it. Old games Like Doom had more substance to them then this one. Honestly, unless they do some major patches to fix and update game, I'd suggest taking the 60$ you pay and buy some other game with same quality, take the other 55$ and buy someone you love a dinner out. AVOID THIS GAME. Expand
  80. cody
    Mar 29, 2010
    Horrible crap, low standard, rebelion has gone from a niche game company (sniper elite scored a 9 from me) to a panderer of uwe boll proportionate crap. This game has the dramatic mastery of Jamie Kennedy and the gripping suspense of every piece of crap you've seen on the SYFY channel at 11am. This is one of the worst put together and obviously rushed publisher cash cow's ever, Horrible crap, low standard, rebelion has gone from a niche game company (sniper elite scored a 9 from me) to a panderer of uwe boll proportionate crap. This game has the dramatic mastery of Jamie Kennedy and the gripping suspense of every piece of crap you've seen on the SYFY channel at 11am. This is one of the worst put together and obviously rushed publisher cash cow's ever, Jim cameron had better keep you freaking nuts clear of avatar, lest in 2 decades its only a laughable shadow of what it once promised. ALL in all i DO NOT know whats worse, the game, or the integrity lacking employees whom have made sure to agree with the most senior executives in the room, al the way to the unemployment line. DO yourself a favor and omit your portfolios of 2009. Expand
  81. JeffB
    Mar 29, 2010
    People without Directx 11 will not get the effect that the game is intended for. With the new Tesselation, the game feels so much like the Aliens movie that it is not even funny. People complaining about the environment or crashing simply do not have the technology that this game was intended for. I do recommend getting it if you loved AvP2. I also recommend getting it if you have a People without Directx 11 will not get the effect that the game is intended for. With the new Tesselation, the game feels so much like the Aliens movie that it is not even funny. People complaining about the environment or crashing simply do not have the technology that this game was intended for. I do recommend getting it if you loved AvP2. I also recommend getting it if you have a directx 11 card. I give it a 9 just because of the lack of multiplayer players online. Usually only 3-5 as of March 2010. If you are going to buy it, I would say wait until it goes on sale on Steam for $20. The game is worth at least that much, but not the $50. I Purchased it for $33 and find it a good investment. Overall, it looks like the multiplayer will eventually die out like The Ship did. But, the singleplayer and Directx 11 features put it in the new graphic genre quite well. Expand
  82. adamw
    Mar 27, 2010
    Let me first say that I loved the game aliens vs predator 2, in fact just pulled that one out and played it recently, much better game than this one, of course it was developed by a different company. Gave this game a 0 to help the overall review for the game be more realistic, pretty sure the only people giving this game a high review are getting paid to do so. This game was supposed to Let me first say that I loved the game aliens vs predator 2, in fact just pulled that one out and played it recently, much better game than this one, of course it was developed by a different company. Gave this game a 0 to help the overall review for the game be more realistic, pretty sure the only people giving this game a high review are getting paid to do so. This game was supposed to be a multi player game and you can see that in the single player, however there are no dedicated servers, so if you're lucky enough to even find a game then you'll have to deal with the horrible ping and constant drops. If you are dead set on playing this game in multi player make sure you have some friends that are willing to get this as well. Even then however the multi player is uninspired and pretty boring. One of the more irritating aspects of the game is the focus on melee combat and cinematic kills, once you figure out the melee mechanics it's not as annoying, but having to stand around for a few seconds to either stealth kill or trophy kill someone will irritate the shit out of you if you missed someone, who can literally stand next to you and shoot you until the animation is done, of course you'll be dead well before that, granted they are pretty cool, but get old after you've seen them all. Going to wrap this up even though I could go on with some other flaws. If you like the aliens and predator genre buy AVP2, you'll get a better game and save alot of money. If you want a good multiplayer game, get Left 4 Dead 2. Expand
  83. BubaBuba
    Mar 26, 2010
    this game is really good at all, but the bunch of Bugs that werent fixed and the AI made the game go down a little bit, but on the Bright Side AWESOME graphics,UNBELIEVABLE Gameplay and HOURS of Fun =D i give it 8/10 because of the Bugs that made the game be little bad. oh and this is a Must-Have for the AvP series Fan.
  84. KB
    Mar 24, 2010
    Same old tired story with no imgination or freshness. Very restricted Marine movements-NO crouch, NO leaning left or right, pathetic jumping ability. NO aiming down the sights *iron sights". NO new weapons or features. Todays 21st century soldiers have more advanced weapons than Spaced Based Marines hundreds of years in the future--Go Figure. Pathetic flashlight. Pathetic Flares Some sort Same old tired story with no imgination or freshness. Very restricted Marine movements-NO crouch, NO leaning left or right, pathetic jumping ability. NO aiming down the sights *iron sights". NO new weapons or features. Todays 21st century soldiers have more advanced weapons than Spaced Based Marines hundreds of years in the future--Go Figure. Pathetic flashlight. Pathetic Flares Some sort of pathetic night vision. OVERALL a PATHETIC first person shooter. Expand
  85. ChrisB
    Mar 23, 2010
    First off, a little about me so this review will make sense. I've played this game, single and mulitplayer, on a PC, capable of delivering a decent framerate. I'm a gamer, logged hundreds of hours in games. Am capable of kicking your butt within seconds. =P And have played a total of 53.6hrs according to Steam. Now the review, this game is practically another popular game, just First off, a little about me so this review will make sense. I've played this game, single and mulitplayer, on a PC, capable of delivering a decent framerate. I'm a gamer, logged hundreds of hours in games. Am capable of kicking your butt within seconds. =P And have played a total of 53.6hrs according to Steam. Now the review, this game is practically another popular game, just better. On a PC, the visuals are brilliant, the controls are easy to pick up and the Alien is done quite well. Can take a while to get used to the disorientation, but once that's done, it's a complete blast. Campaigns are fun, and on the hardest setting are quite difficult. As a Marine, it's very easy to die from an exploding Alien's head spewing acid everywhere. Rather annoying, but makes sense. As always, easy is very easy, hardest is fun as. Multiplayer has some minor issues, most involve the lack of people playing this game leading to a lack of decent servers. I've had the server shut down, server fps being so bad we all lag out, etc. But nothing to do with the game itself. Basically, if you liked MW2 and want a change, you'll love this game. No ninja builds, but Pred stealths and plasy = :D:D:D Now some responses to other reviews: If you play the easy campaigns on X360, it's going to suck. The controls will be clunky, the visuals not so great. But it's a console, which many reviewers would do well to remember. They. Suck. Some other reviewers dislike the game because the campaigns are extremely similar. Well, that's the point. You play the same setting from three different point of views. That of the Marine, Alien and Predator. Marines it's a good old fashioned bug hunt in extremely cinematic fashion. As the Aliens, you play the lab rat breaking out. As the Predator, well, you do what Predators always do. :P Another thing reviewers are going on about is their computer crashing during cutscenes or in the game itself. Guess what, you need a computer made after 2000 to play this. Your old linux/95 box just won't be able to handle it. Surprise! Other people just don't seem to have played it at all. The Pred does get alternate vision modes, Multi Player (MP) is almost completely different from Single Player, the ai is at least equal to MW2, etc. MP is extremely balanced, surprisingly well done. The Aliens aren't completely over powered, Predators health relies on their energy so you can't just blast plasma cannon as much, and Marines have enough firepower to win as much as they lose. Maps are fun, co-op survival is a blast till you nade your friend. Summing up, ignore the reviews and play this game. Not on a console, not on a 10yr old computer. Play it for more than 10 seconds, play MP for a few hours AFTER playing the campaigns. It's much easier to get used to the controls that way, you die less. =P Play the campaigns on a difficulty setting above easy and normal. Cause really.. Those modes are for people who "are new to first person shooters". Same as all other games. If you like shooters and the feel of MW2, you'll love this game. Not the greatest game ever, but on my list that's American McGee's: Alice for the surrealistic headtrip so.. Most fun I've had in a shooter in years anyway. Expand
  86. TomN
    Mar 22, 2010
    This game is literally a half finished, totally unpolished game. If Rebellion considers it a finished game, I'd give it a 0 instead of a 5. Everything it does, aside from graphics, seems to be totally incomplete and still in concept phase. Predators and marines have a horrid weapon selection, No one can crouch. Alien controls are sloppy and unrefined, totally unlike the first AvP This game is literally a half finished, totally unpolished game. If Rebellion considers it a finished game, I'd give it a 0 instead of a 5. Everything it does, aside from graphics, seems to be totally incomplete and still in concept phase. Predators and marines have a horrid weapon selection, No one can crouch. Alien controls are sloppy and unrefined, totally unlike the first AvP 2000 alien. The sound effects are aweful, the smartgun sounds like a BB gun and the pred vision modes are a heartbeat instead of the traditional sounds.. (heartbeat wtf?) Im not sure weather its incompetence or just unethical purely money decision based game making but this game is lacking completely. Aside from a few very promising aesthetic touches -like aliens comming out of the walls just like in the movies - the overall Level design is wantonly short, simple, not scary, asinine and uninvolved. The voice acting is also mundane and aweful. Not only that, but the levels are recycled throughout the campaigns and you literally play thru them backwards from species to species. The menu has no music like the original games and multiplayer is just an aweful die constantly to extremely speedy insta kill spammer alien nightmare. What is really bad too, is the fact that they recycled some parts of their levels and just put them out as a "map pack" that costs 7 dollars. Its like who do these criminals think they are? they're just milking all the sheep for what theyre worth with a terrible, underdeveloped, talent lacking game, and its such a calamity! Expand
  87. TonyF
    Mar 21, 2010
    Beautiful graphics and interesting story line. I control for the alien are a little bulky and could have streamed line a little more for easier transitions also the audio tapes for the marine mission are a pain to listen to. But overall this is an excellent game.
  88. davids
    Mar 21, 2010
    I can't believe how bad this game is - I have never felt the urge to write about a bad game before but this one is truly so awful that the word needs to go out. I was a major fan of the first and second avp games and was excited to see this new installment but believe me when I say the gameplay is truly terrible. In my book it only gets points on the visuals but even they become I can't believe how bad this game is - I have never felt the urge to write about a bad game before but this one is truly so awful that the word needs to go out. I was a major fan of the first and second avp games and was excited to see this new installment but believe me when I say the gameplay is truly terrible. In my book it only gets points on the visuals but even they become repetitive after a while. Jeez...so disappointed - im going to send an email to Rebellion to let them know that i will never purchase another game from them and that they should be embarrassed for releasing this horrible horrible game. Expand
  89. Landon
    Mar 21, 2010
    Why can't I crouch or take cover like my opponents? Strafing to avoid fire or enemies doesn't feel as immersive as the stellar graphics and recycled story try hard to lend you. Overall the game was fair, but lacking in content. I beat the game at a slow pace in 12 hours. Considering the price-tag, there are other games that can provide more than quadruple the amount of game time Why can't I crouch or take cover like my opponents? Strafing to avoid fire or enemies doesn't feel as immersive as the stellar graphics and recycled story try hard to lend you. Overall the game was fair, but lacking in content. I beat the game at a slow pace in 12 hours. Considering the price-tag, there are other games that can provide more than quadruple the amount of game time per dollar invested. Especially considering all the maps/levels are basically used 3 times. The "replays" with the other species don't really draw you in after you have played your first; save for the ability to try out new toys and finishing moves. I have played far worse but far better. The game didn't really provide me the experience it's predecessor(s) did 10 years ago. The multi-player is little less intriguing than the games recycled plot. It almost seems the publishing studio put out the game with the recent buzz for the series in response to the movies. The series enthusiasts will enjoy slaying and surviving at any capacity, but the hungry gamer will be left feeling lacking after completing all 3 campaigns. Expand
  90. EliL.
    Mar 20, 2010
    I never played the original AvP, so i didnt really know what to expect about it, but i decided to give it a shot. I was a little bit dissapointed with the campaign, because there was no real story to keep me attracted to it for long. I do very much like the fact that the player is able to choose between three different types of combat. I had pretty much given up on the game for a few I never played the original AvP, so i didnt really know what to expect about it, but i decided to give it a shot. I was a little bit dissapointed with the campaign, because there was no real story to keep me attracted to it for long. I do very much like the fact that the player is able to choose between three different types of combat. I had pretty much given up on the game for a few weeks until i decided to give the multiplayer a try, since im not usually a online gamer. The mp was an absolute blast. I was hooked on it for 8.5 hours and even postponed a date with my gf to keep playing this game. :D jk. but i think it was one of the most fun online games ive played. Expand
  91. JohnF.
    Mar 20, 2010
    Probably the most fun I've had in a long time. I had played the demo and found that most of my skepticism was washed away as the multiplayer just blew my mind. I promptly purchased the game, going against the mediocre ratings. The single player is more or less there to learn how to play. Like in Chromehounds, the single player offered little or no story (That anyone would care about) Probably the most fun I've had in a long time. I had played the demo and found that most of my skepticism was washed away as the multiplayer just blew my mind. I promptly purchased the game, going against the mediocre ratings. The single player is more or less there to learn how to play. Like in Chromehounds, the single player offered little or no story (That anyone would care about) and was more or less training mode. The multi-player was the big part of this game for me. It's a whole new experience in the FPS realm. It's fun and addicting once you get the hang of each race. The lag isn't as bad as everyone says it is, and many people are constantly under rating this game because they compare it to titles of a completely different genre like cod 4. Most of the games top producers have been putting out these days are mediocre at best. L4D2 was terrible in my opinion, but I played the first one and loved it. Yet it received critical acclaim and is considered a great title. AvP comes along and gets bashed from people who don't think that it's 'scary'. It's as though people just think AvP and think of something terrible (Probably due to all of their flops). People just aren't looking in the right direction for this game. It's a shame that AvP will be buried at the bargain bin not even a few months from now. Expand
  92. M.B.
    Mar 20, 2010
    I played the game recently and have to say: It is not AvP 2. In some moments it is better but it ahs its worse moments too. Giving it a bad score because you cant crouch is kiddy like. In Operation Flashpoint you hardly cant jump.... but it is an awesome game. BTC: Marine Gameplay: Awesome, even one Alien could be a deadly enemy... it is an atmosperic and breathtaking adventure. Alien I played the game recently and have to say: It is not AvP 2. In some moments it is better but it ahs its worse moments too. Giving it a bad score because you cant crouch is kiddy like. In Operation Flashpoint you hardly cant jump.... but it is an awesome game. BTC: Marine Gameplay: Awesome, even one Alien could be a deadly enemy... it is an atmosperic and breathtaking adventure. Alien Gamplay: More like a casual game it shows how the insurgency happend. Feels like a movie. Predator: Awesome! Even the second and third run showed new ways to encounter enemys. Bad things: Too short, sometimes too easy. Game looks and plays to much X-Box like. Please stop making games for both: Pc and X-Box. Expand
  93. DK
    Mar 19, 2010
    I was really looking forward to this game, but I stopped booting it up after a week of wasted effort trying to get a decent multiplayer game going. The controls for the marine are terrible (no aiming down the rifle and no changing your posture) which makes the whole game feel wrong from a PC players perspective. Graphics and sounds are good but a little buggy at times, but most new games I was really looking forward to this game, but I stopped booting it up after a week of wasted effort trying to get a decent multiplayer game going. The controls for the marine are terrible (no aiming down the rifle and no changing your posture) which makes the whole game feel wrong from a PC players perspective. Graphics and sounds are good but a little buggy at times, but most new games are full of bugs these days. I would recommend buying this game when it is in the bargain bin on steam, but dont pay anymore that £15 for it. Expand
  94. C.R.
    Mar 19, 2010
    -2 for buggs and poor preformance -5 playability I loved the first avp and know these games have NOTHING to do with the movies. I got the game for the title but was only able to finish it for my new sli setup. The marine camp. was just fine for the most part but the alien one was ruined by lack of challenge and poor finishing moves. The predator has been given a sever downgrade and i am -2 for buggs and poor preformance -5 playability I loved the first avp and know these games have NOTHING to do with the movies. I got the game for the title but was only able to finish it for my new sli setup. The marine camp. was just fine for the most part but the alien one was ruined by lack of challenge and poor finishing moves. The predator has been given a sever downgrade and i am really bummed out. (i hope you like fighting with claws cuz thats all you get) Aside from some clumbsy and quickly expendable "special" weapons you get claws and a catcall. 2 thumbs down After attempting the multiplayer and getting a feel for how the game is being treated i found myself putting this game on the shelf. Expand
  95. KevE
    Mar 19, 2010
    The best AVP game to date, it looks fantastic and the game play is immersing and addictive with good storyline and exciting events. Acheivements and nightmare difficulty modes give it added replay value. Mulitplayer is fun although the Dedicated servers are not as good as they should be and because of this the game is an 8 for me instead of a 9.
  96. SD
    Mar 18, 2010
    I would have voted this game as a 6, but seeing the bizarrely high average score here I decided to try and bring it down a bit. Firstly, Rebellion have committed a cardinal sin by aligning their story with Paul Anderson
  97. BP
    Mar 17, 2010
    First off I'm voting 10 to bring the score up a bit as I don't think it deserves the current 68. The game has it's flaws, the dialogs stink, and there's a persistent occasional game freeze that seems to happen to me and many others, but overall, the game is fun and the multiplayer is a blast when you can actually get in a match. The controls are somewhat clunky at First off I'm voting 10 to bring the score up a bit as I don't think it deserves the current 68. The game has it's flaws, the dialogs stink, and there's a persistent occasional game freeze that seems to happen to me and many others, but overall, the game is fun and the multiplayer is a blast when you can actually get in a match. The controls are somewhat clunky at first, but get to be second nature after you've mastered their quirks, overall I give the game a 7.5. It's a good game, but they could have done better. Expand
  98. MeD
    Mar 16, 2010
    For me, the new AvP is one of the best games i ever played... Many people do not like it, because its a game you have to learn to play. The real gamefun is revealed when you master the controls perfectly. A lot of players become frustrated very fast, when they are killed by someone who knows how to play. So the complaining starts about imbalance etc. But i can say, there is no imbalance For me, the new AvP is one of the best games i ever played... Many people do not like it, because its a game you have to learn to play. The real gamefun is revealed when you master the controls perfectly. A lot of players become frustrated very fast, when they are killed by someone who knows how to play. So the complaining starts about imbalance etc. But i can say, there is no imbalance at all. For me it feels like every class is "overpowered"... so its equal! :D I can win the matches no matter which class I'm playing. Depending on the classes the gameplay feels totally different. Know your strength and know your weakness, then you might succeed. Singleplayer: Of course singleplayer is short if you start it on "normal" (like most ppl do)... the Singleplayer is meant to be played on nightmare (or at least hard), because then it shows all of its potential. You have to act like the aliens or Predators in the movie. Rambo-Rush wont work. I like the atmosphere, but it should be more scary though. Multiplayer for sure the best about AvP. It is a lot of fun and offers many different Gamemodes. As long as you have skill you will not be bored playin em. Otherwise it could be frustrating to play predator hunt. Anyway, it has not enough maps (yet). Could be more! The dedicated servers are still in beta (17.03.10) so you have often lags and other problems. But at least it has dedicated servers, not like other modern games. The menu and server browser needs improvement as well. Anyway all this does not spoil the fun the gameplay offers... Graphics are awesome and the game runs totally smooth for me... I was a great fan of the AvP2, and now its AvP2010 which is my favorite! PS: the "crouch" argumentation is so dull... are you also complaining if new games do not have bullet-time? cause its a feature that many shooters have, why not others as well!? Crouch is not needed for this fast shooter with many melee elements. Though i have to admit it would be sometimes nice to have it. Expand
  99. Bor
    Mar 16, 2010
    The Best Game!!!
  100. StephenH
    Mar 15, 2010
    True to the AvP name, you can be a marine, an alien or a predator. The story is nothing special but you're not here to watch a movie, you're here to play a game! This game does some things no other game does but most won't care about that. The campaigns are relatively predictable but that's not a bad thing: nobody's ever given a Mario game a bad review because you True to the AvP name, you can be a marine, an alien or a predator. The story is nothing special but you're not here to watch a movie, you're here to play a game! This game does some things no other game does but most won't care about that. The campaigns are relatively predictable but that's not a bad thing: nobody's ever given a Mario game a bad review because you rescue the princess. Ironically, as a marine you kinda to that. The predator is restoring honor & the alien is following the queen's orders. A few of the neat things in the game I haven't seen anywhere else: you've got legs! your "body" actually impacts the world (try being against the wall as an alien & turning around), you can get knocked down (again, you see your body). Seems they went pretty far in making it so you interact with things in the game in more then a "shoot & push button" way. Only complaints I have (which I can overlook): predator is to weak compared to previous games, the marines have less firepower vs previous games (which would seem to compensate the weaker predator), aliens are stronger vs previous games (but won't swarm you in the dozens), marine/predator SP AI could be better. Expand
  101. Nov 22, 2011
    2. Marines weapons magically disappear at the end of a level to be replaced by

1. A good campaign, the marine one, and some variety in gameplay mechanics provide a quite fun experience. Unfortunately some ideas lack polish and the other two-thirds of the single player are just not as good as they were supposed to be.
  2. Aliens Vs Predator is a standard First Person Shooter, but thanks to the Predator's and Xenomorph's campaigns, it entertains old and new players. Even the multiplayer mode is funny and well structured, but the graphics engine is not that good.
  3. The controls for Predators and Xenomorphs may be a bit tricky and the AI sometimes doesn't show any "Intelligence" at all, but nevertheless: AvP is a most-have for fans of the movies, as well as the games - especially if you're into absolute multiplayer-mayhem and dont mind "some" gore.