8.2

1. Mar 8, 2012
    I played Allegiance way back in 1999-2001 during beta/retail. It had a really responsive group of developers (Microsoft Research) and a vibrant community. All these years later and the game is still just as fun, while the community (with the help of Microsoft's release of the games source code) has continued to expand the game and develop its potential. 12 years on and this is still a must play... check it out at http://www.freeallegiance.org! Expand

1. If this is the wave of the future for multiplayer games, I can't wait to see what's ahead. Allegiance sets forth a goal and achieves it on almost every level.
  2. The ultimate test of any game is how much you want to play it after you stop and quite frankly I found myself wanting to play "FreeSpace 2" or "Starlancer" while I was playing Allegiance. I didn't really like it, but it is a good game, it's just not for everybody.
  3. More than anything, it's just very cool to play a part in a massive, real time strategy epic in which everything, save for the miners and constructors, is piloted by real people.