American Conquest PC

8.4

1. Mar 3, 2012
    One of the best RTS games out there. Once you get the hang of the gameplay, you'll be pwning everything in sight. A few things that are absolutely fricking amazing is the fact you can play while editing a scenario, and the fact you can have THOUSANDS of troops on the battlefield at one time. Battles between 2000 British and Americans, attempting to reenact a Revolutionary War battle? Yes please.
  2. T.COOK
    Mar 12, 2003
    Not for everybody, but if you`re interested in 17th-18th Century warfare, and American history, you can't get better than this game.
  3. BeyZ.
    Mar 15, 2003
    Very nice...
  4. JackJ.
    May 25, 2003
    I watched my friend play and soon as I saw it... well... the rest was history.
  5. SamA.
    Feb 22, 2006
    One of the best rts games to date. Unfortunately the learning curve can be rather steep for some so I recommend playing the original cossacks first. Very realistic though, and even includes morale and experience.
  6. RobertS.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Just fascinating, gives u a feeling of supreme control.
  7. ZackO.
    Oct 13, 2003
    Really fun and full of replay value and detail.
  8. Jul 27, 2012
    I was so very glad to see this game rated so highly, though surprised as well, because the learning curve is as steep as any game I can remember picking up for a first play since probably Civ 2 I would say. This is NOT Starcraft 2, it is not designed to be so intuitive that you can enact battles with a couple of group selections and A-clicks to stomp your opponent. This is a moreI was so very glad to see this game rated so highly, though surprised as well, because the learning curve is as steep as any game I can remember picking up for a first play since probably Civ 2 I would say. This is NOT Starcraft 2, it is not designed to be so intuitive that you can enact battles with a couple of group selections and A-clicks to stomp your opponent. This is a more deliberate, detailed, and ultimately, realistic and extremely convincing depiction of war on a large tactical scale. In this case, the wars ranged from Spanish conquests to American Indian Insurrections to the Revolutionary War; there's an incredible variety of campaigns available, it is endlessly replayable, and as though tons of high quality content weren't enough, each campaign comes complete with one of the most accurate and interesting historical prologues I could imagine for a historical wargame.

Like historical wargaming? This is for you. Like RTS games and usually use at least a few keyboard hotkeys when playing one? This is most probably for you. Hated how slow Starcraft battles took to develop? This is most definitely not for you.

This is one of the very few games I gave a '10' to simply because there's NOTHING wrong with it, it innovates in the genre, delivers what it promises plus a ton more, and does so beautifully.
  9. Dec 15, 2011
    Great game indeed, one of the best RTS available, the game let you to build anywhere you want recruit hundred of troops, for squads of 120 men each with different choices of formation and stances, graphics are beautiful and animations are detailed, very challenging indeed, sometimes it got tedious however. If you like RTS genre this game for you and must have, it is better than CossacksGreat game indeed, one of the best RTS available, the game let you to build anywhere you want recruit hundred of troops, for squads of 120 men each with different choices of formation and stances, graphics are beautiful and animations are detailed, very challenging indeed, sometimes it got tedious however. If you like RTS genre this game for you and must have, it is better than Cossacks games in every aspects, now it is availbe on steam for very cheap price but you will have long hours playing it especially in the skirmish mode. Expand
  10. Feb 14, 2013
    This is my favorite game ever. It sums up my entire childhood in a perfect game. You can move units as a single person, or hire flagbearers and drummers, etc. and make them into a squad of (up to) 196 troops. With artillery, ships, cavalry, buildings, outposts, like 16 different races all with vastly different playstyles, the sense of scale can be enormous or very tiny depending on theThis is my favorite game ever. It sums up my entire childhood in a perfect game. You can move units as a single person, or hire flagbearers and drummers, etc. and make them into a squad of (up to) 196 troops. With artillery, ships, cavalry, buildings, outposts, like 16 different races all with vastly different playstyles, the sense of scale can be enormous or very tiny depending on the size skirmishes you get yourself into, and the ease of precision is perfect. 10/10 Perfect game Expand
  11. Feb 10, 2013
    It's too bad this game is so obscure. I'd love to see another. Great strategy, thousands of troops at a time, realistic environments and fortification technques (but why aren't there walls? it really had potential there). I just wish the learning curve wasn't so steep and that the buildings had purpose in place of novelty as they sometimes do.
  12. May 7, 2016
    very nice demo . good campaigned and scenario and the most UNIT i could trained in this game .but the processor must be very strong to show without lag. i think one of the best game based of history of U.S.A.

1. I loved the approach they took in setting this game up. I see this as a fresh genre that I haven’t seen successfully implemented until now.
  2. Offers plenty of single-player campaigns, plus skirmish and multiplayer maps and a good history lesson to boot.
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    What really sinks the game is an overly arcane interface that sacrifices accessibility for tactical depth. [June 2003, p.84]