America's Army 3 PC

7.7

1. Jul 21, 2013
    A bad interface, however that can not be a reason for a bad review and you're right, however having to wait 20 minuits to join a game and when you finally enter seeing terrible graphics and again WASD controls for an azerty keyboard is enough reason for me to delete this game directly from my pc.
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    This game tries to be a new cod style game, but fails in every facet. The older version (aa2) was much better at keeping players busy. This version kept players away with bugs and poor execution in every possible way.
  3. Jan 6, 2013
    The worst game to ever take up space on my hard drive. Firstly the gameplay is horrific, it attempts to create a serious realistic war experience and fails incredibly. There are many in the game such as sprinting whilst reloading and fiddly movement with the weapon which makes the game terrible to play. The graphics are ugly and i think everyone should avoid this game despite the free toThe worst game to ever take up space on my hard drive. Firstly the gameplay is horrific, it attempts to create a serious realistic war experience and fails incredibly. There are many in the game such as sprinting whilst reloading and fiddly movement with the weapon which makes the game terrible to play. The graphics are ugly and i think everyone should avoid this game despite the free to play tag. Terrible game. Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2011
    It is really bad. The graphics are terrible, and the game is so laggy. There are also lots of cheats. Do not bother getting it - just a waste of space on your computer.
  5. IanH
    Jan 25, 2010
    I found the relentless training exercises to be the most annoying part, you can't use any of the weapons unless you qualify with them; is "experience builds skill" ringing any bells? And I don't mean on a range, real targets move. Apart from the tiresome chore of target practice, the aiming system seems to have glitches. Even holding your breath and scoped, it's entirely I found the relentless training exercises to be the most annoying part, you can't use any of the weapons unless you qualify with them; is "experience builds skill" ringing any bells? And I don't mean on a range, real targets move. Apart from the tiresome chore of target practice, the aiming system seems to have glitches. Even holding your breath and scoped, it's entirely possible to miss as if collision isn't even turned on with some targets! Adding in the cutscenes with pathetic pictures and irrelevant background noise doesn't help. I suppose I got what I paid for. Expand
  6. AlexJ.
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hard to even call this 'game' a game, it lacks any enjoyment of a regular game. The game is a straight-forward training and recruitment application; it fails to be an FPS. Americas Army Version 2 is far superior in terms of a mix of recruitment and still maintaining a game environment.
  7. bobp
    Nov 9, 2009
    Awful, and support is less than 0. I wish that there were negative scores out there. I would give it a -10! Tons of issues most of them are punkbuster.
  8. DimitriR
    Nov 9, 2009
    What did they do to this game there are so many bugs. Whenever they gets the bugs out it will be a great game
  9. RandellH.
    Oct 16, 2009
    WOW the DEV's should be fired, stay with AA2 not as good a picture but a hell of a lot better game!
  10. MikeG
    Sep 27, 2009
    Cheats abound here...punkbuster does little to keep the cheaters contained. Servers usually crash and force you to re-find the server you were playing on. Glitches in the game will make it hard to play. The game has a lot going for it....IF they can work out the bugs. Keep in mind that it's a free game...so you get what you pay for.
  11. JustinG
    Sep 8, 2009
    I really had high hopes for this, I played it at my freinds house, I thought it was a good game. Unfortunatly it for some reason will not work for my computer, this makes me very unhappy and I hope that someone can please get back to me on how to fix this problem. If fixed I will send my thanks. (The army rules)
  12. ZachK.
    Sep 6, 2009
    This game is a lame excuse of a game. It makes the unreal engine look like crap, and it is only free because it is all propaganda for the Army! Also, what is up with the animations, when you die you go into the feedle position! Yeah, I live on an American army base in Germany, might as well watch AFN. (American Forces Network).
  13. ThomasH
    Sep 5, 2009
    Terribly poor. I've been a longtime fan, my AA profile had been around since 2003 according to the records, but I've been there from the start since PC Gamer UK gave it away on their demo disks. Compared to what the first game was and Spec Ops, this game is awful. Let's be clear, the first game is better in every single way. This is actually if anything almost a downgrade. Terribly poor. I've been a longtime fan, my AA profile had been around since 2003 according to the records, but I've been there from the start since PC Gamer UK gave it away on their demo disks. Compared to what the first game was and Spec Ops, this game is awful. Let's be clear, the first game is better in every single way. This is actually if anything almost a downgrade. The game is woeful, it misses all the features of the previous AA, slops some marginally better bump mapping on, and adds a huge amount of bugs and frame rate issues/crashes. Sorry but I wanted this game to be awesome, I love AA, but this is just terrible compared to what came before Expand
  14. AnonymousMC
    Sep 5, 2009
    Games still very buggy after serveral patches, they never give you an ideal as to when you'll see the next patch and why they use Steam is also a mystery sicne they obviously miss the point of frequent updates and instead continue to opt for slower and larger updates.

In short the games still looking up PC everywhere cause resets and for a so called free game it requires way too much hardware expense, the devs are clueless with ten feet tall characters is bloated textures, they really should use UTs scale feature and scale it down by at least 2x if not four, using recommend hardware you'll still have 60 FPS or less in most cases and of course that's going to be reduced online and even more so in large firefights, the devolpers are just clueless wannabes at best.
  15. DanH
    Sep 4, 2009
    Tons of annoying bugs, dev's sacked, the us army seems to have a bad attitude. Really no fun to play in the current state and no chance it will get better without the devs.
  16. D.S.
    Aug 19, 2009
    This game is so blatantly an Army propaganda tool that its almost funny. "IFyou can wipe the floor with this Uber-Realistic game then you'll definitely survive in war and it will be just as fun! " ... (Implied website quote) Do you want to know what I think of the game as just a game? Well in my opinion, its a lame ARMA wannabe which wasnt a great game in the first place. (though I This game is so blatantly an Army propaganda tool that its almost funny. "IFyou can wipe the floor with this Uber-Realistic game then you'll definitely survive in war and it will be just as fun! " ... (Implied website quote) Do you want to know what I think of the game as just a game? Well in my opinion, its a lame ARMA wannabe which wasnt a great game in the first place. (though I did enjoy ARMA 2 alot despite its unforgivable flaws). Expand
  17. NielsM
    Aug 16, 2009
    I usually hate people who rate a game a 0 or a 1 just because it isnt exactly their style or genre, and I also believe that you shouldn't really complain if it's free. But when a product is so unfinished and riddled with bugs as AA3 , I can't help but wonder why they released it at all. I've given up and uninstalled the game, because I was sick and tired of restarting I usually hate people who rate a game a 0 or a 1 just because it isnt exactly their style or genre, and I also believe that you shouldn't really complain if it's free. But when a product is so unfinished and riddled with bugs as AA3 , I can't help but wonder why they released it at all. I've given up and uninstalled the game, because I was sick and tired of restarting it whenever the menu froze on screen and I couldn't move, of helplessly twirling around whenever I looked up and finally, because I couldn't get past basic training, because I was instructed to pick up ammo that simply wasn't there. I'm sure these problems are easily solved with patches, but until then, this isn't a game, this is an insult. Expand
  18. GL
    Aug 6, 2009
    There's so much potential here, but it screams "army propaganda" like its the safe word at a bondage festival. When coupled with its sack of bugs its got major problems, when i say bugs i mean 10ft Radscorpions driving a beetle. The bugs are so basic that even the menu's are broken to the point where you have to learn how to navigate the menu's safely so as not to break the There's so much potential here, but it screams "army propaganda" like its the safe word at a bondage festival. When coupled with its sack of bugs its got major problems, when i say bugs i mean 10ft Radscorpions driving a beetle. The bugs are so basic that even the menu's are broken to the point where you have to learn how to navigate the menu's safely so as not to break the game and require it be restarted. That's just not good design or code. Yes its free, but it's still not worth it. Expand
  19. Koda
    Jul 30, 2009
    I am giving this a tentative score of 5, although it has the potential to be an 8 if it didn't crash ALL the time. Maybe when a new patch comes I'll re rate it.
  20. RobL
    Jul 30, 2009
    Has the potential to be half decent, but buggy execution, the fact it seems to be indecisive about how realistic it should be, and lousy server management let it down.
  21. NickL
    Jul 27, 2009
    Man, this is horrible. I had high hopes for it, and i kinda figured, "If this game takes 2 days to download, plus another day of patching and updating...it has to be good." Unfortunately thats not the case. When i play the game, start to look at the sky and spin uncontrollably and when i try to look down with the mouse, it just goes back up. At first i thought it was my mouse, and it isnt Man, this is horrible. I had high hopes for it, and i kinda figured, "If this game takes 2 days to download, plus another day of patching and updating...it has to be good." Unfortunately thats not the case. When i play the game, start to look at the sky and spin uncontrollably and when i try to look down with the mouse, it just goes back up. At first i thought it was my mouse, and it isnt because when i unplugged the mouse, it kept spinning. Also when i try to look at settings and stuff in the game, and when i try to get back the game, the menu stays up, and i cant move. VERY BUGGY, VERY ANNOYING. Expand
  22. JakeW
    Jul 23, 2009
    Seems to have been released in an alpha stage...too many bugs, pointless 1gb patches. Not to mention its just a program to brainwash little kids into joining the army.
  23. GordonF
    Jul 10, 2009
    It's so buggy as hell, i can't belive how they could release game with so many bugs and don't patch it? Game look's cool but still needs patch for fps.
  24. JackM.
    Jul 6, 2009
    This is like the 5th/6th patch and its still absolutely awful to play. Theres just no fun in it at all, AA 2 was actually fun to play this just isn't.
  25. DanG
    Jul 3, 2009
    Released in pre beta state, numerous showstopping bugs, mysteriously bad fps on gaming rigs, gameplay on release almost unchanged from America's Army 2. At the release stage (hopefully patches will rectify this and make it a product worthy of releasing) it's not worth the bandwidth to download it. Wait 6 months and then try it. The developers should be ashamed they released a Released in pre beta state, numerous showstopping bugs, mysteriously bad fps on gaming rigs, gameplay on release almost unchanged from America's Army 2. At the release stage (hopefully patches will rectify this and make it a product worthy of releasing) it's not worth the bandwidth to download it. Wait 6 months and then try it. The developers should be ashamed they released a halfbaked product. Expand

1. America's Army 3 can be really good if you have a good connection to the server and if you can find other motivated and cooperative players. But it can take hours until you are able to find that combination. The US army should fix the problems if they want to make a good impression.
    This is a shooter that's more intelligent than most and that requires more teamwork and coordination, but that makes the rewards of success that much more enjoyable.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    A realistic, but relatively bland title that's part recruitment poster and part tame FPS. [Sept 2009, p.62]