America's Army 3 PC

7.7

1. JoshA.
    Mar 25, 2010
    This game has very realistic physics, and graphics. The only things i found bad in this game were the low D.P.I. (dots per inch) aiming system and you can't perform certain actions like you would in real life: you can't A.D.S. (aim down sights) while crouching or leaning at the same time, or sprint while reloading, etc. The controls can be unresponsive occasionally and there This game has very realistic physics, and graphics. The only things i found bad in this game were the low D.P.I. (dots per inch) aiming system and you can't perform certain actions like you would in real life: you can't A.D.S. (aim down sights) while crouching or leaning at the same time, or sprint while reloading, etc. The controls can be unresponsive occasionally and there many bugs and glitches. There aren't enough weapons, you can't choose your weapon but for 10 seconds before a game starts. Unlocking weapons is extremely rigorous as you have to qualify for them in training. Doing so can take hours of pointless attempts and practice (although at that I give it extreme respect for its realism). Expand
  2. SightThe
    Jul 4, 2009
    America's Army2 was an awesome shooter. It had of details and battle-like situations. I was SO hyped up about AA3...Such a disappointment. There are sooooooo many bugs, and not even the kind you can ignore and keep playing, annoying bugs like the menu won't go away once you've brought it up during a game, poor in-game voice, horrible graphics(pretty much the same ones used America's Army2 was an awesome shooter. It had of details and battle-like situations. I was SO hyped up about AA3...Such a disappointment. There are sooooooo many bugs, and not even the kind you can ignore and keep playing, annoying bugs like the menu won't go away once you've brought it up during a game, poor in-game voice, horrible graphics(pretty much the same ones used in AA2), poor multiplayer(servers keep crashing and you keep-on joining full servers). *Sigh* I'd give it a lower rating but i can't. If you CAN look beyond these horrific bugs, which is pretty difficult, you'll see a game with even more details than the first one. A lot of tactical work, and some FANTASTIC sound(i really enjoyed the sound-effects.). If they can fix the game to an enjoyable level, this game will be freaking EPIC, just please dont shoot the people with more 1GB patches fixing only a couple of bugs, not all of us have 1TB hard drives. Expand
  3. GL
    Aug 6, 2009
    There's so much potential here, but it screams "army propaganda" like its the safe word at a bondage festival. When coupled with its sack of bugs its got major problems, when i say bugs i mean 10ft Radscorpions driving a beetle. The bugs are so basic that even the menu's are broken to the point where you have to learn how to navigate the menu's safely so as not to break the There's so much potential here, but it screams "army propaganda" like its the safe word at a bondage festival. When coupled with its sack of bugs its got major problems, when i say bugs i mean 10ft Radscorpions driving a beetle. The bugs are so basic that even the menu's are broken to the point where you have to learn how to navigate the menu's safely so as not to break the game and require it be restarted. That's just not good design or code. Yes its free, but it's still not worth it. Expand
  4. Koda
    Jul 30, 2009
    I am giving this a tentative score of 5, although it has the potential to be an 8 if it didn't crash ALL the time. Maybe when a new patch comes I'll re rate it.
  5. JackM.
    Jul 6, 2009
    This is like the 5th/6th patch and its still absolutely awful to play. Theres just no fun in it at all, AA 2 was actually fun to play this just isn't.
  6. NielsM
    Aug 16, 2009
    I usually hate people who rate a game a 0 or a 1 just because it isnt exactly their style or genre, and I also believe that you shouldn't really complain if it's free. But when a product is so unfinished and riddled with bugs as AA3 , I can't help but wonder why they released it at all. I've given up and uninstalled the game, because I was sick and tired of restarting I usually hate people who rate a game a 0 or a 1 just because it isnt exactly their style or genre, and I also believe that you shouldn't really complain if it's free. But when a product is so unfinished and riddled with bugs as AA3 , I can't help but wonder why they released it at all. I've given up and uninstalled the game, because I was sick and tired of restarting it whenever the menu froze on screen and I couldn't move, of helplessly twirling around whenever I looked up and finally, because I couldn't get past basic training, because I was instructed to pick up ammo that simply wasn't there. I'm sure these problems are easily solved with patches, but until then, this isn't a game, this is an insult. Expand
  7. NikolaN
    Aug 21, 2009
    Even after the update that fixed the ton of problems this game has, it still doesn't live up to the hype. While the game does look pretty good, the gameplay just doesn't live up to the great America's Army gameplay.
  8. ZachK.
    Sep 6, 2009
    This game is a lame excuse of a game. It makes the unreal engine look like crap, and it is only free because it is all propaganda for the Army! Also, what is up with the animations, when you die you go into the feedle position! Yeah, I live on an American army base in Germany, might as well watch AFN. (American Forces Network).
  9. bobp
    Nov 9, 2009
    Awful, and support is less than 0. I wish that there were negative scores out there. I would give it a -10! Tons of issues most of them are punkbuster.
  10. DanH
    Sep 4, 2009
    Tons of annoying bugs, dev's sacked, the us army seems to have a bad attitude. Really no fun to play in the current state and no chance it will get better without the devs.
  11. AnonymousMC
    Sep 5, 2009
    Games still very buggy after serveral patches, they never give you an ideal as to when you'll see the next patch and why they use Steam is also a mystery sicne they obviously miss the point of frequent updates and instead continue to opt for slower and larger updates.

In short the games still looking up PC everywhere cause resets and for a so called free game it requires way too much hardware expense, the devs are clueless with ten feet tall characters is bloated textures, they really should use UTs scale feature and scale it down by at least 2x if not four, using recommend hardware you'll still have 60 FPS or less in most cases and of course that's going to be reduced online and even more so in large firefights, the devolpers are just clueless wannabes at best.
  12. ThomasH
    Sep 5, 2009
    Terribly poor. I've been a longtime fan, my AA profile had been around since 2003 according to the records, but I've been there from the start since PC Gamer UK gave it away on their demo disks. Compared to what the first game was and Spec Ops, this game is awful. Let's be clear, the first game is better in every single way. This is actually if anything almost a downgrade. Terribly poor. I've been a longtime fan, my AA profile had been around since 2003 according to the records, but I've been there from the start since PC Gamer UK gave it away on their demo disks. Compared to what the first game was and Spec Ops, this game is awful. Let's be clear, the first game is better in every single way. This is actually if anything almost a downgrade. The game is woeful, it misses all the features of the previous AA, slops some marginally better bump mapping on, and adds a huge amount of bugs and frame rate issues/crashes. Sorry but I wanted this game to be awesome, I love AA, but this is just terrible compared to what came before Expand
  13. JustinG
    Sep 8, 2009
    I really had high hopes for this, I played it at my freinds house, I thought it was a good game. Unfortunatly it for some reason will not work for my computer, this makes me very unhappy and I hope that someone can please get back to me on how to fix this problem. If fixed I will send my thanks. (The army rules)
  14. BillLarson
    Sep 9, 2009
    I am with =DDC= have been since AA-2 we pay for two servers and , this game should not have been released when it was, too early, too many bugs, game locks up, and hackers already, we will wait now for 3.0.6 patch,and c if things get better, don't get me wrong, good game, but needs help.
  15. IanH
    Jan 25, 2010
    I found the relentless training exercises to be the most annoying part, you can't use any of the weapons unless you qualify with them; is "experience builds skill" ringing any bells? And I don't mean on a range, real targets move. Apart from the tiresome chore of target practice, the aiming system seems to have glitches. Even holding your breath and scoped, it's entirely I found the relentless training exercises to be the most annoying part, you can't use any of the weapons unless you qualify with them; is "experience builds skill" ringing any bells? And I don't mean on a range, real targets move. Apart from the tiresome chore of target practice, the aiming system seems to have glitches. Even holding your breath and scoped, it's entirely possible to miss as if collision isn't even turned on with some targets! Adding in the cutscenes with pathetic pictures and irrelevant background noise doesn't help. I suppose I got what I paid for. Expand
  16. RandellH.
    Oct 16, 2009
    WOW the DEV's should be fired, stay with AA2 not as good a picture but a hell of a lot better game!
  17. SamM.
    Jun 28, 2009
    I found AA2 to be a very well put together piece of work that the American army put together with good detail. But Americas Army 3, no. I had high hopes for it when it took over night to download and was hoping for the same great experience with the game play and the training like in aa2. What really pissed me off is that aa3 was released in a "Alpha" state and to my knowledge, there were I found AA2 to be a very well put together piece of work that the American army put together with good detail. But Americas Army 3, no. I had high hopes for it when it took over night to download and was hoping for the same great experience with the game play and the training like in aa2. What really pissed me off is that aa3 was released in a "Alpha" state and to my knowledge, there were no public beta's to sort theses problems out. Instead, im stuck in training, Spinning around in circles uncontrollably for some damn reason. The reason its a 6 instead of a 2 or 3 is i have hope that the Army will fix this problem with a few paches and upgrades in the coming months. Expand
  18. DanG
    Jul 3, 2009
    Released in pre beta state, numerous showstopping bugs, mysteriously bad fps on gaming rigs, gameplay on release almost unchanged from America's Army 2. At the release stage (hopefully patches will rectify this and make it a product worthy of releasing) it's not worth the bandwidth to download it. Wait 6 months and then try it. The developers should be ashamed they released a Released in pre beta state, numerous showstopping bugs, mysteriously bad fps on gaming rigs, gameplay on release almost unchanged from America's Army 2. At the release stage (hopefully patches will rectify this and make it a product worthy of releasing) it's not worth the bandwidth to download it. Wait 6 months and then try it. The developers should be ashamed they released a halfbaked product. Expand
  19. MattB.
    Nov 9, 2009
    One of the most realistic fps. Needs Singleplayer, better multiplayer modes. Its ok if you like waiting 5 minutes to respawn.
  20. AlexJ.
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hard to even call this 'game' a game, it lacks any enjoyment of a regular game. The game is a straight-forward training and recruitment application; it fails to be an FPS. Americas Army Version 2 is far superior in terms of a mix of recruitment and still maintaining a game environment.
  21. NickL
    Jul 27, 2009
    Man, this is horrible. I had high hopes for it, and i kinda figured, "If this game takes 2 days to download, plus another day of patching and updating...it has to be good." Unfortunately thats not the case. When i play the game, start to look at the sky and spin uncontrollably and when i try to look down with the mouse, it just goes back up. At first i thought it was my mouse, and it isnt Man, this is horrible. I had high hopes for it, and i kinda figured, "If this game takes 2 days to download, plus another day of patching and updating...it has to be good." Unfortunately thats not the case. When i play the game, start to look at the sky and spin uncontrollably and when i try to look down with the mouse, it just goes back up. At first i thought it was my mouse, and it isnt because when i unplugged the mouse, it kept spinning. Also when i try to look at settings and stuff in the game, and when i try to get back the game, the menu stays up, and i cant move. VERY BUGGY, VERY ANNOYING. Expand
  22. Nov 1, 2010
    The game itself is very good. Intelligent and tactical teamplay at it's best. Good idea is ruined by bad game engine that causes hundreds of game breaking bugs and glitches. Only 3 different weapons to choose from isn't helping either. After a lot of patching and updating this game can be something great.
  23. Jun 26, 2011
    It's a great game!!! ... if you can get it to work. You will resort to swearing to relieve the stress this game will bring you. But, i must say, once its going, the complexity and familiarity (to relevant aa2 and previous aa players) will keep you captivated. One of the better mechanically accurate shooters out there. This is realism at it's finest. Short of actually strapping on VR gear,It's a great game!!! ... if you can get it to work. You will resort to swearing to relieve the stress this game will bring you. But, i must say, once its going, the complexity and familiarity (to relevant aa2 and previous aa players) will keep you captivated. One of the better mechanically accurate shooters out there. This is realism at it's finest. Short of actually strapping on VR gear, you can't get better because it will really feel like you are playing. The matches are spaced out so you don't get exausted and often leave you time to get a drink or take care of something while you wait for the next match. It's very even and the fact that you play the same team, America, each time leaves you with a familiar team experience you can't find with other games that somtimes leave you wondering who the bad guy is, or when you get auto switched to balance out, you end up attacking the wrong team. None of that with this game which is a good thing.

If the game's developers would put more time into bug checking and they spent some more quality programming time on it, it would be okay. Its almost there but it just seems like they are never finished and it takes a while to get a simple update out. With that being said, its probably a hard beast to tame, but hats off to them for the game they got so far.

Even with all the bugs, users still come back, put up with it, work around it, and seem to generally not care so much as they have a dedicated user base where regulars spend a lifetime playing away. Most of the time you can play with the mic on and not get annoyed but like any game there are still a group of crazy people who just want to create chaos. Thankfully it lets you block users by a user basis which is as easy as clicking a mute icon on their name. Very fun to call out enemies and coordinate attacks. You can get into quick 5 second fights that will leave your heart pounding, or a whole 2 minute defensive pin down where you hold off a team by yourself. Teamwork is key here and the game really plays into that. If you complete the training, which takes place accurately in Fort Benning, Georgia, you are allowed medic abilities, sharpshooter abilities, and other accurate to life abilities like shooting a smokeshell to cover your team. Persistence seems to pay off when both playing and trying to get the game going as bugs seem to come and go. For the price of free though, one can't complain. Its a really in depth look at what could potentially be the most popular must have shooter for PC. Especially if they allowed the user community to submit developments and changes, this game would be epic.
  24. May 10, 2012
    This game is very interesting. It uses the unreal engine and was commissioned by the US government. The game is also used as a military simulator apparently according to wikipedia.

This game is heavily focused on tactics and reasonable decisions. You can't rush at the enemy and soak up bullets. Die once in a round and you are out and when you get hit by a bullet you're hit by a bullet. You fall to the ground dead or suffer a crippling injury. If you die you don't respawn but are out for the round. Depending on the round this can become only a couple of minutes or longer than half an hour. I enjoyed the game but it kind of discouraged me from joining the armed forces... because I died alot.
  25. JustinW
    Sep 2, 2009
    As a game designer I know that I have higher standards than that which is cost effective. I rated the game's gameplay, realism, physics, graphics, sound, interface and player-base. I scored each area compared to other popular fps titles. Overall it came in first-place. But when I broke it down certain aspects could definitely be worked on. The scores I see by critics and by other As a game designer I know that I have higher standards than that which is cost effective. I rated the game's gameplay, realism, physics, graphics, sound, interface and player-base. I scored each area compared to other popular fps titles. Overall it came in first-place. But when I broke it down certain aspects could definitely be worked on. The scores I see by critics and by other users appear to extremely biased. Their scoring only shows lack of knowledge of the game and how to play it. The training and a few other features are designed to give people a feel for what to expect from joining the army. It also is a great way to intro the controls and weapon systems. If you pay attention to the training you can actually learn something. The new AA3 training system scored 1st place compared to other games with similar systems. Now for many people coming into America's Army they are used to the run faster with a knife tactic. Yes, you would run faster armed with a knife than an assault rifle. But, the fact remains that you got all the rest of your gear equiped at the same time. Also, just because you technically could run faster with all that gear on doesn't make it strategic to. The running system is designed to match that of a trained soldier. They use realistic distant that an average soldier could repeat throughout a battle without becoming unctrollably winded. The tactics required for maximum affectiveness in the game are applicable for real-world combat situations. Due to this, AA3 ranked 1st in realism. Gameplay typically relates to how the game is played out. With AA I focused alot on its 1 life per round, team tactics, scenarios, and communication system. The run and gun tactic will quickly annoy the victims and afflictor. 1 life makes staying alive more precious. Depending on the skill of the server and your personal ability to fight as a soldier you can be spectating up to 90% of the time. For people like this, the game is quickly discarded. To survive you must understand proper team tactics. The game is designed to create as many tactical scenerios as possible. The gameplay allows a squad to pin and create confusion among OpFor. This allows for teams to flank the position. The game provides a battle planner that the squad leader is able to coordinate attacks among the fire teams. Although AA3 has quite a realistic gameplay it a few titles had better system for increasing playing time for everyone. It came in 3rd with related FPS styled games. The graphics are great. It is hard to determine opfor from friendlies. It takes a trained eye to identify threats and neutralize them. Other games you can lower the graphics and easily identify and target enemies. The graphics received 1st place. Through UT3 and few other titles receive honorable mention due to the artistic details visible in the gameplay. While AA2 had become overwhelmed with hackers and everyone got mad at everyone. AA3 has a revolutionary system to forgive unattentional Friendly Fire. This system creates alot more peace among players and people are most readily available to provide medical aid to fallen comrades. Going from Army of One to Army strong takes a change of mindset. But, once you learn the concept the game is alot more rewarding and enjoyable. I hope everyone learns how to play the game. and I hope to see you all on the battlefield. Hooah! Expand
  26. TakeshiJ
    Jul 6, 2009
    I have no idea what Sam M is on about, this game is not in the 'alpha' stage and the public beta came out last year. The problem is this game is very buggy due to the production team being rushed, shrinking budget, etc etc. Of course you have to factor in that this is a FREE game and you can't expect CoD 4 quality yet. This game is very fun and intense but it requires I have no idea what Sam M is on about, this game is not in the 'alpha' stage and the public beta came out last year. The problem is this game is very buggy due to the production team being rushed, shrinking budget, etc etc. Of course you have to factor in that this is a FREE game and you can't expect CoD 4 quality yet. This game is very fun and intense but it requires teammates who know how to play and not just tk you on sight. Overall though for a free game it is very fun and will keep me coming back to it for a while...longer than CoD 5 did. Expand
  27. GordonF
    Jul 10, 2009
    It's so buggy as hell, i can't belive how they could release game with so many bugs and don't patch it? Game look's cool but still needs patch for fps.
  28. DimitriR
    Nov 9, 2009
    What did they do to this game there are so many bugs. Whenever they gets the bugs out it will be a great game
  29. JakeW
    Jul 23, 2009
    Seems to have been released in an alpha stage...too many bugs, pointless 1gb patches. Not to mention its just a program to brainwash little kids into joining the army.
  30. RobL
    Jul 30, 2009
    Has the potential to be half decent, but buggy execution, the fact it seems to be indecisive about how realistic it should be, and lousy server management let it down.
  31. D.S.
    Aug 19, 2009
    This game is so blatantly an Army propaganda tool that its almost funny. "IFyou can wipe the floor with this Uber-Realistic game then you'll definitely survive in war and it will be just as fun! " ... (Implied website quote) Do you want to know what I think of the game as just a game? Well in my opinion, its a lame ARMA wannabe which wasnt a great game in the first place. (though I This game is so blatantly an Army propaganda tool that its almost funny. "IFyou can wipe the floor with this Uber-Realistic game then you'll definitely survive in war and it will be just as fun! " ... (Implied website quote) Do you want to know what I think of the game as just a game? Well in my opinion, its a lame ARMA wannabe which wasnt a great game in the first place. (though I did enjoy ARMA 2 alot despite its unforgivable flaws). Expand
  32. ANgeloC
    Dec 4, 2009
    Slow Paced, ultra intelligent, team based strategy shooter.. love it for its realism. If you like Run and Gun games, this isnt for you.
  33. MikeG
    Sep 27, 2009
    Cheats abound here...punkbuster does little to keep the cheaters contained. Servers usually crash and force you to re-find the server you were playing on. Glitches in the game will make it hard to play. The game has a lot going for it....IF they can work out the bugs. Keep in mind that it's a free game...so you get what you pay for.
  34. Aug 1, 2011
    Lots of teamwork (even on public servers), decent graphics, intelligent level design (steep learning curve - immersive environments), weapons feel realistic (you're forced to use iron sights and control your breathing if wish to hit anything that isn't close range), realistic damage/medic system... I love this game; I've been playing AA since 2004. Sure, it took a little getting use to (ILots of teamwork (even on public servers), decent graphics, intelligent level design (steep learning curve - immersive environments), weapons feel realistic (you're forced to use iron sights and control your breathing if wish to hit anything that isn't close range), realistic damage/medic system... I love this game; I've been playing AA since 2004. Sure, it took a little getting use to (I miss SF Hospital, Urban Assault, bunny hopping, the ragdoll effects, the perceived straight-forwardness of AA2), but once you get use to the new feel of AA3, you'll be rewarded with an amazing experience. Expand
  35. Nov 6, 2011
    It is really bad. The graphics are terrible, and the game is so laggy. There are also lots of cheats. Do not bother getting it - just a waste of space on your computer.
  36. Jan 31, 2012
    When a friend of mine suggested AA3 to me, I was like "Meh, I'll try it, just to see what it was like." At first, I didn't understand the game much, and it was very complex. However, with such complexity and realism, it gives you a wide range of control that lets you adapt well. It reminds me of counterstrike, but smaller, slower, and free. The only issue I have with this is on aWhen a friend of mine suggested AA3 to me, I was like "Meh, I'll try it, just to see what it was like." At first, I didn't understand the game much, and it was very complex. However, with such complexity and realism, it gives you a wide range of control that lets you adapt well. It reminds me of counterstrike, but smaller, slower, and free. The only issue I have with this is on a particularly uncrowded server you can be sitting out for a VERY long time, waiting to spawn. There are also only 2 or 3 guns in the game, but last I heard the developers were planning on adding more (Shotguns, smg's, etc) The game has very good graphics, and is an incredible deal. You usual don't expect to see quality in a FTP game. Allover great game, but very confusing and slow-paced. Expand
  37. Mar 6, 2012
    It is a great game, the gun's shoot like they so, good recoil. I love this game, but I can't give it more than a 5, it has everything COD/BF series missed, realism. If you die, your gone for that round. It has great community. Only one problem, the lack of updates makes the game look old, at max settings my humble rig rocks a unprecedented FPS that made me almost cry it was far pass 60 fpsIt is a great game, the gun's shoot like they so, good recoil. I love this game, but I can't give it more than a 5, it has everything COD/BF series missed, realism. If you die, your gone for that round. It has great community. Only one problem, the lack of updates makes the game look old, at max settings my humble rig rocks a unprecedented FPS that made me almost cry it was far pass 60 fps somehow! So if you like games like Call of Duty, and Battlefield, you will love this, if it got a good graphic update my score would jump considerably. Expand
  38. JohanD
    Sep 6, 2009
    It's a very good realistic war/fpsgame that simulates how it could be/are in the real world. Good graphics, realistic sound. Not so good is that the communicationspanel can be a bit hard to use from time to time and some minor bugs ingame. Otherwise a very good game and a free game with this kind of caliber is a job well done
  39. NicholasB
    Jan 20, 2010
    This game is a fantastic, FREE game. I do not understand why people are complaining about bugs, it is true that there are obvious bugs to be fixed, but the gameplay, realism, and tactics make up for it. If you love playing COD on the easiest mode, just running and gunning everything down or burning stuff, then this is NOT the game for you.
  40. Tooluka
    Sep 2, 2009
    Really impressive tactical shooter and it's free. In v.3.0.5 the majority of bugs are solved, only real trouble are strange weapon freezes. They happen rarely (I've seen it only once) and people say that is side effects of hacking software.
  41. DenisN
    Jan 4, 2010
    Interesting game, but a lot of bugs..
  42. MilesR.
    Feb 18, 2010
    This game is probably the most realistic I have played, but there are many glitches and few weapons. At this point, I'm just waiting until they can fix the glitches. A great game, though. Definitely get this game when there is news of fixed glitches.
  43. JayJ.
    Nov 3, 2009
    AA3 is the most realistic FPS Game there is. No other FPS game adds the realism of breathing when Firing, catching your breath when running, maintaining correct sight picture with no aiming sight like I did in RL and realistic weapon travel when firing a weapon. No Game is like RL, but this one comes closer then any other FPS I have played.
  44. JohnDoe
    Dec 1, 2009
    Great game! Free Game! What more could you ask for!
  45. NKremer
    Oct 3, 2009
    Really great game, and its coming a long way. The thing about AA3 is that it brings a lot of longevity and replayability. There are always going to be new patches and content, as well as new players and maps. AA3 is an ongoing project, and you can be sure that you will enjoy yourself from training to instense close quarters combat!
  46. RossD.
    Jul 4, 2009
    Overall a fun game, much better than AA2. I like the teamwork aspect, and if you have VOIP it makes it even more fun as you can communicate with everyone in your squad giving you an adaptive strategy. As of now it's still a little buggy, but I'm hoping in a month or two that will all be sorted out.
  47. KillerJ.
    Jul 9, 2009
    The hardest multiplayer FPS to do well in that I've ever played (along with the original AA). I really enjoy the gameplay in general, but have to ding the score of this game based on a couple things: 1) Game released in a -very- buggy state. Another few months of beta would have been nice. 2) No cheat protection (punkbuster, you say?! I rest my case). I've already seen several The hardest multiplayer FPS to do well in that I've ever played (along with the original AA). I really enjoy the gameplay in general, but have to ding the score of this game based on a couple things: 1) Game released in a -very- buggy state. Another few months of beta would have been nice. 2) No cheat protection (punkbuster, you say?! I rest my case). I've already seen several obvious hacks, shooting through fog/cover across the map and hitting every shot...not even using a sniper rifle. Sigh...same old. Collapse
  48. -CFH-Sycholic
    Sep 4, 2009
    Ive read all the prior reviews its funny more then anything Ive found that allmost all of the complaints about this game I dont suffer from, Im running this on a AMD 2800+ Athlon XP yes a 5 year old 32 bit system.. and it pretty much runs flawlessly. and 2 days download? sorry took me less then 3 hours on cable including all patches. Ive played AA2 for a long time, and this is just Ive read all the prior reviews its funny more then anything Ive found that allmost all of the complaints about this game I dont suffer from, Im running this on a AMD 2800+ Athlon XP yes a 5 year old 32 bit system.. and it pretty much runs flawlessly. and 2 days download? sorry took me less then 3 hours on cable including all patches. Ive played AA2 for a long time, and this is just totally thrown this up to another notch. Its free. Yes it has bugs but you know what its a redone with a whole new engine. The Unreal 3 engine which even supports physX! The realism factor is top notch. Ive played alot of FPS games and soon as they come out with some more bug fixes this game imho will be a total 10. As for propoganda? What propooganda? It gives you the feel of going thru BT (which btw you dont even have to do if you dont want) Only beef I have is that its truely hard on older machines, but if you dig into some of the settings there is ways to help that issue. Even at its most basic level of graphic settings it still looks insane. This game has only one way to go and that is pushing to the top and I truely see that happening. Considering the cost I cant see why people should complain, take those issues report them and help the Dev's fix them. Lets make this game rock. Expand
  49. BAR_gun
    Sep 5, 2009
    The Best game so far, I really wouldn't care about the things that most people brag about the game but, Its better than the AA 2.0 without a doubt. all i got to say is that its still not Perfect. needs few tweaks around... So we better give the devs some time to Solve the problem.
  50. Vytautas
    Sep 9, 2009
    Not a bad game by any means. Really can live up to it's predecessors and surpass them. All we can do is wait. Right now the 3,0,6 patch is coming out and it is addressing A LOT of bugs. Just like with the previous installments we have to just wait and see. As I've mentioned: it has great potential and with such trouble with the devs, it's actually doing good (wasn't canceled).
  51. PiergiorgioS
    Jan 18, 2010
    Awesome game! Team based strategy shooter, very realistic! I love it
  52. BlueH
    Jan 19, 2010
    It is a good game becuse yit got nice grafik and you can win things on it like badgets and steam archivments :P
  53. PatrickA.
    Nov 30, 2009
    America's Army was originally and still is designed to be used as a recruitment tool. So people can say what they want to about the propaganda, but it's what paid the bill. It's free, but yet everyone expects it to be like a Modern Warfare or something. It's been built to be as realistic as you can get. Right down to the gravity affected bullet drop to the fact you America's Army was originally and still is designed to be used as a recruitment tool. So people can say what they want to about the propaganda, but it's what paid the bill. It's free, but yet everyone expects it to be like a Modern Warfare or something. It's been built to be as realistic as you can get. Right down to the gravity affected bullet drop to the fact you can't run any faster with one weapon or the other, (you still are carrying ALL the weight), so like in real combat it don't change. I, like some of my other real Army buddies had problems with the added realism in the beginning, but the fact that I'm using a flat screen helps..LOL If you are wanting a game..Go spend your coin and buy one, you want to see what a soldier deals with...stick around.... Expand
  54. JustinD
    Nov 8, 2009
    This game is the best realistic tactical simulation I have ever seen! The controls are wonderful, the gameplay is very fun and the game looks good. Granted, there are some bugs (as in every game) but you can get over them and I'm sure future updates will rectify them.
  55. MarcusW
    Dec 10, 2009
    Whilst being a brit, and understanding quite clearly that it is to a vast extent a recruitment/virtual 'suck it and see' program. it is still pretty good. The only problem I have is with the game manual, it is not mostly a game manual, it is more about what is expected of people who join the army. They want to know the difference between gameplay manual and recruitment manual - Whilst being a brit, and understanding quite clearly that it is to a vast extent a recruitment/virtual 'suck it and see' program. it is still pretty good. The only problem I have is with the game manual, it is not mostly a game manual, it is more about what is expected of people who join the army. They want to know the difference between gameplay manual and recruitment manual - they clearly haven't got that bit sussed yet. There are some issues with graphics, that is that depending on your graphics card, you may or may not (and I did not) see the things you should see when you initially play through the offline content such as medic training. It took me a fairly long time to figure out what the problem was but once it was fixed it was fine. The game incorporates no clans or units, as these are user run concepts, and if you can find a clan or a unit, then the gameplay could be more rewarding. As of now, I'm hoping to 'enlist' with a realism unit, that DOES follow the intent of the game's playability. Teamwork, structured command system and following orders make for the game to be a lot more serious fun. There are clans and units that are not designed for this purpose though, with some of the younger players preferring to just run around and spray and pray. Servers can be a problematic issue, coupled with ping rating for obvious reasons, however this game is still a very fine effort and if our boys ever came up with a likewise production I'd be on that like a shot - unfortunately it would probably involve dodgey equipment and poor protective gear (cause Brown's a jerk). Expand
  56. ChrisM
    Dec 20, 2009
    This is one of the best games ever produced. Clear vision and mission with the game and followed by consequent implementation.
  57. LauriK
    Dec 30, 2009
    Absolutely awesome game! Very realistic, but could have smaller requirements.
  58. ClausR.
    Oct 23, 2009
    First of all the game is free... Yes there are bugs but the devs are working on it and the game is getting better.
  59. Yangd.
    Oct 25, 2009
    1. sure there WAS a lot of glitches at the start, but now there are barely any, and dismiss those who give this game a 0 because it doesn't work for them. That's a problem on their side, not the games 2. factor in the the fact that this game is FREE. 3. This game is good, very few glitches NOW, and these reviews need to be updated, this game deserves a 8.5 -9.2 in general.
  60. DanielH.
    Oct 27, 2009
    I think this new version of AA3 is awesome and has nice new features. Yes it has a few bugs like any new game but with a few patches this will turn out to be great game play. If you want realistic, this is it. If you want team play for success this is it. I think the graphics are a little weak as I think the Unreal engine runs great but is not that pretty and it could use more maps but I think this new version of AA3 is awesome and has nice new features. Yes it has a few bugs like any new game but with a few patches this will turn out to be great game play. If you want realistic, this is it. If you want team play for success this is it. I think the graphics are a little weak as I think the Unreal engine runs great but is not that pretty and it could use more maps but these things come with time.. Best game play on the market for sure. With CoD MW2 not having any dedicated servers this game will overtake the first spot for serious FPS gamers. Expand
  61. TangoD.
    Oct 8, 2009
    Honestly, this game is not where I would like it to be right now. However, I really like what I see of the philosophy of the developers as far as gameplay, incorporating teamwork, and UI functionality/back-end stats etc. I wish there were less post-release bugs but when those things are smoothed out this game will deserve the high rating.
  62. JohnF
    Jul 15, 2009
    One of the single most amazing multi-player games out there, not to mention its FREE. That in itself is a 5. It has stellar graphics for people who can run it well (essentially, if you can run IV on minimal/moderate specs, you can run this highest specs available with next to no FPS drops below 30), and amazing gameplay. Several things knock this to an 8, however. 1) No text-based chat, One of the single most amazing multi-player games out there, not to mention its FREE. That in itself is a 5. It has stellar graphics for people who can run it well (essentially, if you can run IV on minimal/moderate specs, you can run this highest specs available with next to no FPS drops below 30), and amazing gameplay. Several things knock this to an 8, however. 1) No text-based chat, 2) Heavily bugged release, and 3) An incredibly confusing game to get the hang of the controls for. Other than that, stellar job US Army! Expand
  63. PW
    Jul 18, 2009
    It's a really good game. Bugs are still in the game, but the Dev's are working on it. The game has only been released a month. For this set time of period, it's an amazing realistic game! All stuff that there is not a cheat protection has been solved. Like before PB allready worked, but you see it in your screen now! Stop complaining and play yourself! Oh and btw. Lag is It's a really good game. Bugs are still in the game, but the Dev's are working on it. The game has only been released a month. For this set time of period, it's an amazing realistic game! All stuff that there is not a cheat protection has been solved. Like before PB allready worked, but you see it in your screen now! Stop complaining and play yourself! Oh and btw. Lag is mostly made by a player that has amazingly high ping! Not by servers! Expand
  64. TylerT
    Aug 16, 2009
    This "Recruitment Game" has so much potential and could be much better then it already is, so far the U.S. Army's game developers are releasing many patches to fix many of the problems. I have noticed that their are less bugs then what people bicker about, and is now having another patch being tested to cover up more bugs and finally re-release the Training Missions. The game's This "Recruitment Game" has so much potential and could be much better then it already is, so far the U.S. Army's game developers are releasing many patches to fix many of the problems. I have noticed that their are less bugs then what people bicker about, and is now having another patch being tested to cover up more bugs and finally re-release the Training Missions. The game's mix of fast cooperative play and insane realism will let it go off with a boom when the game is finally cleared of bugs (people remember that it was recently released this year and WILL have bugs). The bullet dynamics are insane and realistic, most FPS' you have to shoot right at the person to hit them no matter how they move, and this one you actually have to shoot in front of the person in order to hit them if they are running, (Very similar if you were to shoot someone in real life might I add). Overall the game is great for anyone looking for a fun and cooperative play with military tactics (as of this date because some bugs are cleared and you will not crash often anymore). Expand
  65. MadhanS
    Sep 11, 2009
    America's Army 3 is a good game. It has lot of bugs in the first release but it managed its game in patch 3.0.6.I read the comment of Justin G , I think you have to review after the game was played.**** stop commenting game doesnt play on my computer,becuz your computer is not good.America's Army should provide a lot of maps.
  66. MikeTheeck
    Sep 10, 2009
    It is a great game and some graphics are amazing, others look like anti-aliasing just isn't working. The Army had contract problems which left it in an unfinished state, but it is being updated more and more (huge 1.24 Gb update today). The game takes intelligence and teamwork, don't like that? Don't whine, just go play CoD4 with the other fan boys....
  67. LWout
    Sep 2, 2009
    Outstanding game providing you have an up to date system and a decent ISP. Those who experience the most problems have neither. It takes a higher level of maturity to be able to play and understand your role and taking the time to do basic training is a must.It took under an hour to download and set it up unlike others claims of two day download.
  68. MattR
    Sep 2, 2009
    oh please, 7.1 and a 6.1? go back to grand theft auto and get a hooker or something, its a free game with good graphics and good game play. granted it had a solid start, the game is now stable and playable, more stuff will be added with each new patch. its sad to think "new" games like grand theft auto with the lovely boxy graphics are getting high ratings while a free game with better oh please, 7.1 and a 6.1? go back to grand theft auto and get a hooker or something, its a free game with good graphics and good game play. granted it had a solid start, the game is now stable and playable, more stuff will be added with each new patch. its sad to think "new" games like grand theft auto with the lovely boxy graphics are getting high ratings while a free game with better graphics gets a lower rating. but people say it screams army propaganda... WTF are you an idiot... you have to be... it was MADE BY THE US ARMY, must be too realistic for other people with gravity effecting bullets. most bugs have been fixed and others are being worked on, this game is worth it... these reviews now seem old and out of date, which is sad to say the least. if your anti government and anti military... DONT PLAY IT... you must be slow.... get over it and dont play it... most reviews are miss leading and sad... boo. Expand
  69. BryceCh
    Sep 9, 2009
    The potential in this game is amazing... with the next patch coming out withins a few days it will ramp up this game to be the leading FPS in the coming future... thats not to mention how it compliments my system running with a fraction the glitchs of most people i have fun and have spent over 200 hours playing this game
  70. SamB
    Jan 17, 2010
    Fix the bugs and give us more maps and i'll give it a solid 10
  71. KaiserR
    Jan 19, 2010
    Its a pretty good game ive followed it since the 1st patch and it has been getting better and better but if this keeps up.. users will have to buy a really good graphic card just for this game xD
  72. nipelinoNicolas
    Jan 25, 2010
    I find that game and is too well done but I want the graphics and all the weapons are a little better, but I still would play a se is too cool
  73. JacobD
    Jan 25, 2010
    An amazingly realistic FPS! This shooter will put yo in the boots of a soldier. With realistic graphics, great animation, tense action, and lots of shooting stuff up (for a tactical game, that is). I cannot express how much I like this game. Come on and join the AA3 community, we need more players!
  74. NunoC.
    Nov 25, 2009
    this is a great game!!! Real sounds, nice graphics and a very nice gameplay with new features like health system, at this moment i have almost 90 hours played. HOOAH
  75. BenW
    Nov 4, 2009
    Not as good as the FPS competitors, but good enough to make you want to keep playing. No blood or brain splatter, and no awesome airstrikes and helicopters like in COD4. However, the teamwork incorporated in this game has a bright future. No more will people split up and run around like crazy. Waypoints your own peers set and strategies you come up with can make it onto the battlefield. Not as good as the FPS competitors, but good enough to make you want to keep playing. No blood or brain splatter, and no awesome airstrikes and helicopters like in COD4. However, the teamwork incorporated in this game has a bright future. No more will people split up and run around like crazy. Waypoints your own peers set and strategies you come up with can make it onto the battlefield. Everything from squad ranks to fire team roles to patching up a fallen comrade. If a little more work is done on it, this game could really rock. Oh, and if you are usually a sniper person, its really hard to ever get a slot because everyone hogs it :D Expand
  76. DougT
    Dec 14, 2009
    For a free game it is awesome. Originally designed as a training tool, it has been moved to our world and can be a lot of fun to play. It's only drawback is that it does require a good internet connection and better than average graphics card.
  77. ChrisT
    Dec 3, 2009
    Great game had bugs at first but got fixed fairly fast, has a great graphics engine for free game way better than AA2, and im a AA2 veteran used do competitions and all , love it , addictive and fairly close to the real thing for a game since i know what the real thing is anyways 2 thumbs up
  78. AaronF.
    Oct 26, 2009
    Pretty good game, works pretty well on my PC, and for those of you saying it can't play on my PC upgrade then, because my other computer has the same problem. VERY realistic
  79. MaximeG
    Nov 15, 2009
    I played this game, and like it, if you like teamwork, and realistic games, play this.
  80. NARVELW.
    Nov 27, 2009
    This game will suck for anyone who only played it when it first came out ..or their computer sucks...but i'll tell you right now ..they've come along way in a short period of time...once they get a hand on the racism if possible ?...they will surpass all online gaming.
  81. Jul 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a fantastic, FREE game. I do not understand why people are complaining about bugs, it is true that there are obvious bugs to be fixed, but the gameplay, realism, and tactics make up for it. Expand
  82. Nov 26, 2011
    For those giving Below Yellow you either, don't have the game or you were looking for a first person shooter that was similar to COD or BF3. If you ever played COD you know it takes almost no skill to play then BF3 takes some skill to play and then AA3 takes a lot of skill to master it. Seeing a pattern? The more realistic games take more skill to master, again i am not talking aboutFor those giving Below Yellow you either, don't have the game or you were looking for a first person shooter that was similar to COD or BF3. If you ever played COD you know it takes almost no skill to play then BF3 takes some skill to play and then AA3 takes a lot of skill to master it. Seeing a pattern? The more realistic games take more skill to master, again i am not talking about graphics wise but game play. As you might see COD almost has no recoil, the guns go up maybe 2 center meters then stay at that level. Just because you die a lot doesn't mean you should give a bad review which i hope non of you did. When you die a lot you tend to look at the bad aspect of the game. Like JustinW said AA3 gets an incredible small fraction of money that BF3 gets of COD. Iv heard that they only get 12 million a year where BF3 spent 900 million on advertising alone. And everyday i choose AA3 over COD and BF3 which i have right downstairs. I'm not saying there bad games just less realistic but better graphics. BTW the game is a lot better if you have a mic and play with high level players! Hope this helped. Expand
  83. R0Y
    Nov 30, 2011
    A bit dated graphics (compared to last 2011 games) and some bugs but still the best fps compared to the other popular titles.
    Amazing gameplay and physics and awesome teamwork game.
    I suggest to give it a try.
  84. Jan 6, 2013
    The worst game to ever take up space on my hard drive. Firstly the gameplay is horrific, it attempts to create a serious realistic war experience and fails incredibly. There are many in the game such as sprinting whilst reloading and fiddly movement with the weapon which makes the game terrible to play. The graphics are ugly and i think everyone should avoid this game despite the free toThe worst game to ever take up space on my hard drive. Firstly the gameplay is horrific, it attempts to create a serious realistic war experience and fails incredibly. There are many in the game such as sprinting whilst reloading and fiddly movement with the weapon which makes the game terrible to play. The graphics are ugly and i think everyone should avoid this game despite the free to play tag. Terrible game. Expand
  85. Jul 21, 2013
    A bad interface, however that can not be a reason for a bad review and you're right, however having to wait 20 minuits to join a game and when you finally enter seeing terrible graphics and again WASD controls for an azerty keyboard is enough reason for me to delete this game directly from my pc.
  86. Jun 4, 2013
    This game is a very one of a kind game. It is a hard game. It has a fairly steep learning curve, and on many times has frustrated me enough to quit playing, but it has given me a sense of teamwork and success like no other shooter has. The difficulty and intensity of the matches is awesome and exciting. I wouldn't recommend any COD or Halo fan try this game just because it is so vastlyThis game is a very one of a kind game. It is a hard game. It has a fairly steep learning curve, and on many times has frustrated me enough to quit playing, but it has given me a sense of teamwork and success like no other shooter has. The difficulty and intensity of the matches is awesome and exciting. I wouldn't recommend any COD or Halo fan try this game just because it is so vastly different, the hit system and medic systems are so much more realistic. If you have a mic and you are interested, give it a try but be patient with it. Expand
  87. Mar 24, 2013
    This game tries to be a new cod style game, but fails in every facet. The older version (aa2) was much better at keeping players busy. This version kept players away with bugs and poor execution in every possible way.

1. America's Army 3 can be really good if you have a good connection to the server and if you can find other motivated and cooperative players. But it can take hours until you are able to find that combination. The US army should fix the problems if they want to make a good impression.
    This is a shooter that's more intelligent than most and that requires more teamwork and coordination, but that makes the rewards of success that much more enjoyable.
  3. PC PowerPlay
    A realistic, but relatively bland title that's part recruitment poster and part tame FPS. [Sept 2009, p.62]