Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion PC

• Publisher: Funcom
  • Release Date: Aug 31, 2004
7.0

1. Dec 29, 2011
    one of the best games i have ever played. and i have played atleast 100 games. anarchy online is the only one i come back to!

although the player base has been very small the last few years, its still an awesome game!
  2. Jaded
    Sep 9, 2004
    Awesome. It's the best of EQ, CoH and DAOC in sci fi form. The guild houses are too expensive, but Funcom is fixing that. The alien attacks roxxor.
  3. JulianvonA.
    Sep 14, 2004
    After 2yrs enjoyment of Anarchy Online, myself and my in-game guild were eagerly awaiting the release of this new expansion. Upon it's release however, we found that as a small organization none of our needs have been catered for by this release. Quite the contrary, it seems, little or no thought was given to the average player with limited in-game resources, instead this expansion After 2yrs enjoyment of Anarchy Online, myself and my in-game guild were eagerly awaiting the release of this new expansion. Upon it's release however, we found that as a small organization none of our needs have been catered for by this release. Quite the contrary, it seems, little or no thought was given to the average player with limited in-game resources, instead this expansion was set up so that only a certain sector of the AO community would be able to benefit from it, while penalising smaller guilds and completely excluding the solo player. That coupled with the numerous bugs that ruin gameplay have made this expansion a dissapointing and frustrating experience for all of my guild. Non of the promised game content has been made available to us and as the in gameadvisors and bug hunters are mostly new volunteers the line from them is "put up or shut up". No prizes for FunCom this year and definately no pre-orders for future expansions from us. Demonstrations that game site reviewers see often take place on controlled servers with GM supervision, something that in no way reflects the practical realities that ordinary players experience. We will all stick with the game as the previous expansion still has lots to offer but I would advise others without so much experience of Anarchy Online to give the Alien Invasion expansion a miss as it will taint your enjoyment of the wider game. Score 0 out of 10, waste of money. Expand
  4. Sven
    Sep 19, 2004
    As an unguilded, primarily solo player, I find that AI has little to offer me. AO itself is still a fun game, but for my play style, this expansion is lacking.
  5. Sep 5, 2016
    Attention: There is a chance Funcom will freeze your account and demand image files of yourself, your credit card, and your ID (passport if you have nothing else) as the only solution for you to get your account back, even if there is no issue with your credit card and no suspicious activity on the account. If you're not willing to trust Funcom with your identity, they will keep theAttention: There is a chance Funcom will freeze your account and demand image files of yourself, your credit card, and your ID (passport if you have nothing else) as the only solution for you to get your account back, even if there is no issue with your credit card and no suspicious activity on the account. If you're not willing to trust Funcom with your identity, they will keep the account frozen forever with no alternate solutions. All your time invested in the free account will be lost. There are several discussion threads about this, on Reddit and elsewhere if you want to look them up.

Some of you may not realize what a huge deal it is to send that kind of personal information to a third party in a foreign country - a company that recently had their forums hacked and is struggling financially. Don't do it. Sending that kind of information to a third party is illegal (for good reason) in some countries, and even if it's not illegal in yours - your proof of identity is more valuable than any game account, and the fact that Funcom wants it so badly even though they could verify your ID in other ways should give you pause.

For the record: this happened to me, and others. I've had no issues with my credit card ever, I had a different account that was paid without issues with the SAME credit card as the frozen account, and I didn't share the account with anyone nor was there suspicious activity. The fact that one account (by the same player) gets frozen but the second account, played at the same time and paid with the same card, does not, should tell you all you need to know about Funcom's 'security' system.

Avoid this game if you don't want to risk losing all the time you invested.

1. The latest expansion gives existing players a good reason to keep playing, but hasn’t brought the game up to the standards of the latest generation of MMORPGs.
    From the majestic scope of the new buildings to the impact of seeing an alien mother ship dwarfing them from above ala Independence Day, all you are really missing is a few Will Smith wisecracks and you have the recipe from the late summer movie blockbusters: fast action, lots of eye candy and a good old fashioned sci-fi story best enjoyed with friends.
  3. While it may not do much to attract the new players, the more than welcome addition of player created cities will give wealthy Organizations a new way to flaunt their power.