7.2

1. Apr 11, 2014
    Had to help even out the score with a zero! I probaly would of gave it a 4 but its obvious fans of AVGN have gave the game high scores for no other reason then being AVGN Fanbrats! The game itself is not impressive, there are loads of re-skinned enemies/bosses, cheap deaths and pointless cameo's! AVGN's adventures is your basic run-of-the-mill platform game, the price is unjust (£12)!Had to help even out the score with a zero! I probaly would of gave it a 4 but its obvious fans of AVGN have gave the game high scores for no other reason then being AVGN Fanbrats! The game itself is not impressive, there are loads of re-skinned enemies/bosses, cheap deaths and pointless cameo's! AVGN's adventures is your basic run-of-the-mill platform game, the price is unjust (£12)! Just a quick cash grab in my opinion. Expand
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    Unlike some other fan boy blinded freaks writing reviews for this game where they just say its good because it's based off of a youtube channel, this will be a 100% honest review of a bad game. To start off, the fact that there are "no cheap deaths", that is false. There are plenty of cheap deaths. Some may say that patterns aren't cheap deaths. Personally, they are some of the cheapestUnlike some other fan boy blinded freaks writing reviews for this game where they just say its good because it's based off of a youtube channel, this will be a 100% honest review of a bad game. To start off, the fact that there are "no cheap deaths", that is false. There are plenty of cheap deaths. Some may say that patterns aren't cheap deaths. Personally, they are some of the cheapest you can get. Lets not forget that this is one of many games that bare the horrid disease that is "Megaman-idis". Meaning that there are plenty of moments in the game where you do because you had no idea that a certain instant death moment would happen (this shows its worst colors in Boo! Haunted House.). This game shows that it is living off of fan boys as early as the first moments. This is the kind of game that doesn't treat death like its nothing. One of the best thing about other retro throwbacks, like Super Meat Boy or Rayman Legends, is that they treat death like water on a ducks back. Or in this case, a ducks sweaty balls. Those games just throw you back to the beginning or check point in their levels. While in this game, when you die, you sit on this screen with a small selection of xblkid I MEAN AVGN phrases. These screens take up a solid 10+ seconds of time while you could be playing the game. Speaking of deaths, why are the checkpoints so spread out? Few checkpoints are one of the worst ways to stretch out game time. Also, this game doesn't get the proper music style that has graced other retro-style games. Instead it gets the ear-rape-age that is repetitive and memorable songs that literally make me want to rip my ears off the more I have to listen to them. My biggest problem with this game is that it claims to be "inspired by classic titles such as castlevania and mega-man." Well if this is the case then tell me why is this game so unfair with deaths? I died plenty of times because of a lack of knowing the level. And this game isn't rewarding in the slightest. When I beat 1 of 9 pathetic levels, I should have felt like I accomplished something. I shouldn't have felt like I just ran a marathon and lost. When I beat a hard level in a hard game, I felt satisfied. I felt like I actually accomplished something. Also, patterns in particular are one major problem with this game. You have to memorize when to jump. You have to memorize the bosses attack pattern. You have to memorize this you have to memorize that. Why is this? I don't mean to go back to Super Meat Boy, but in that game, in the boss for rapture, I found a couple of different ways I could go about beating him. I could either try the hard way or exploit a glitch. In this game with the final boss, I found a pattern that could only be broken by a missed jump. And about jumping. How about those controls huh? 3 words. Stiff. As. Hell. I don't need to say anymore then that. And let me not forget to mention how insultingly short this game is. 2 hours. 2 hours? 2 HOURS?! FOR 15 DOLLARS? I've had 3 dollar games last me for more then 12 hours, and there is no reason to replay this game. In games like dust, super meat boy(lolthisagain) and fez, I found plenty of repeatablity. Weather it was extra levels, a+ing a level I had already beaten to unlock the dark world variation, or just overall exploration, those games had more to come back to. This game has nothing. Cameos? So what. Its not like they unlock anything. Other than achievements. Speaking of that, there are achievements for dying a set amount of times. As if 10 minute loading screens are too short. The main disappointment is just the cost:quality ratio. I've played longer, better looking, better sounding, and better controlling games than this. Don't waste your time. Expand

1. Dec 31, 2013
    AVGN Adventures is a great platform, hard to play but funny, designed for the fans of the show and for those who love real challenges in videogames.
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    Connoisseurs of "fine humor" and fans of the Angry Nerd need not think twice about spending those 14 Euros. Go get it! It's a surprisingly solid, profanity-filled and feces-fixated chaos of a game. Hard, but fair, you'll find yourself flinging obscenities at the screen on a regular basis.
  3. Oct 2, 2013
    Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is a solid action/platforming throwback, but it’s held back by the subpar games it lampoons. It plays well and packs a challenge, but the by-the-numbers level design detracts from the fun. I recommend AVGNA for fans of the show and anyone looking for straight-up punishment without much substance.