7.9

1. Jun 17, 2013
    Made a really bad choice. Linear, and limited this wasnt my type of game to begin with. This was not the game for me. I confess I did not get far into it. I just couldn't bear the boredom.

It feels like a game from a different era. If you like the genre very specifically then perhaps this is a good example but for me, it just felt old and very dull.

No bugs.
  2. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is a failure of genre.

Anomaly 2 is an attempt to turn the tower-based strategy genre on it's head by putting you in charge of the creeps instead of the towers. The problem is, the creeps in Anomaly 2 are idiots who blindly plow into the teeth of the enemy because they don't know any better. In this game, you are the commander of a group of tanks who don't have any breaks.
    It makes no sense.

The game is saved by it's multiplayer game which, quite frankly, could become something special if enough people got good at the game. It's very chess-like except faster paced.

In terms of pros, the graphics are gorgeous and most of the levels are well designed. The ability to change paths is both important and fun encouraging you to flex your strategic thinking skills.

In terms of cons, the entire premise is absurd. I'm a tank commander I've been trained by people not to blindly press forward just because. Why can't they stop? Why can't they regroup? Why can't they, say, line up side-by-side.

While the game is faithful to the genre and of good quality in both graphics and programming, the game itself is flawed in it's design. For me, this one was a pass.

1. Aug 1, 2013
    An interesting change of pace for fans - or, on the flipside, it could be just the thing to get you interested. [Aug 2013, p.91]
  2. Jul 17, 2013
    While there are a few frustrations that keep Anomaly 2 from being truly fantastic, the game’s additions to it’s unique tower offense gameplay makes this a worthwhile sequel.
    Anomaly 2 is a lot like the original instalment. Still, it's a great game with polished gameplay. There's no reason to think twice before buying it. [Issue#231]