8.1

1. Oct 11, 2014
    Another World was one of the titles that escaped me back on the original release, so I played the Anniversary Edition without nostalgia glasses on and what an unpleasant experience that was. I was going to it with all the praise of one of the best classic games of all time and bla bla, but honestly this game just pissed me off. First of all, this game is hard as balls, that would be aAnother World was one of the titles that escaped me back on the original release, so I played the Anniversary Edition without nostalgia glasses on and what an unpleasant experience that was. I was going to it with all the praise of one of the best classic games of all time and bla bla, but honestly this game just pissed me off. First of all, this game is hard as balls, that would be a positive aspect, I absolutely love hard games, recently Dark Souls or Spelunky are one of my all time favourites and I love the hard difficulty IF the game can justify it with the tight controls and you can master it with your skills, but this was just frustrating game design with clunky controls and repetitive game mechanics. I was also looking forward to good story or captivating atmosphere, but this doesn't have any of it, there is almost no music in the game, so no atmosphere and as you are frustrated non-stop and forced to redo everything a hundred times, this game was unfortunately just the negative experience for me and I cannot support the praise it gets. 3/10 Expand
  2. Jul 28, 2014
    Another World Also known as Out Of This World is a really good game. Another World is a cinematic platformer where you take control of (Found On wikipedia) Dr. Lester as an experiment goes wrong and finds himself in a dangerous alien world where he is forced to fight for his survival. There he is captured and put in a cell with a man who has no name but the developer (or for me wikipedia)Another World Also known as Out Of This World is a really good game. Another World is a cinematic platformer where you take control of (Found On wikipedia) Dr. Lester as an experiment goes wrong and finds himself in a dangerous alien world where he is forced to fight for his survival. There he is captured and put in a cell with a man who has no name but the developer (or for me wikipedia) said his name is Buddy. There are some things that i dident like! The game was about 20 minutes and wasn't worth the $10 price tag i got on steam. Another World Gets a 7/10 Expand
  3. Jan 9, 2014
    This game was made in the early 90's so you have to understand how incredible a job Eric Chahi did in creating the atmosphere given the tools he had. The art style and direction he employed combined with the quality of his artwork truly exploded beyond the story telling limits of a 16-bit system to deliver an experience that EVERYONE who plays video games to appreciate them as an art formThis game was made in the early 90's so you have to understand how incredible a job Eric Chahi did in creating the atmosphere given the tools he had. The art style and direction he employed combined with the quality of his artwork truly exploded beyond the story telling limits of a 16-bit system to deliver an experience that EVERYONE who plays video games to appreciate them as an art form needs to go though. BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  4. Nov 25, 2013
    Another World resurrected! One of the best games ever made! Éric Chahi should be known and praised by every gamer on this planet for this beautiful gem he offered to the world 20 years ago!
  5. May 19, 2013
    A very decent classic 2D side-scroller and a good puzzle game. Sure, it has trials and errors, but the story is worth following.

Great game and the player is assisted by a friend called “Buddy”, and solving the puzzle throughout the game. I know the game is very short, but it is definitely worth trying.
  6. May 4, 2013
    This game is really a gem. Very short but difficult, there is almost no background story. However, the chemistry between the hero Lester and his alien friend nicknamed Buddy is very clear. Gameplaywise, its simple but challenging and the ending is really satisfying. You don't have to love the game but I think every gamer should try it at least once.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Apr 23, 2013
    Its HD add-ons make it inviting, but it’s important to keep in mind that there’s no shame in tracking down a friendly FAQ to get through this one: it takes players to another world, and the game is certainly from another time.
  2. Apr 22, 2013
    Another World is a short experience, and those five words are the only negative ones I can come up with. Despite getting (embarrassingly) stuck on some puzzles, and having to play the game’s last sequence a few times, I finished the game in about five hours. Yet I didn’t feel gipped, I didn’t feel let down, or like there should have been more to it. As I watched the game’s ending, I just felt a sense of satisfaction. This was five hours of my time that I enjoyed immensely, frustration-inducing moments and all.