• Publisher: Demruth
  • Release Date: Jan 31, 2013
8.2

1. Jan 31, 2013
    I thought after the Portal era, that the first person puzzle genre would be left unexplored for many years to come. I thought I was smart. I thought that they didn't make games hard anymore. Antichamber has gently relieved me of these delusions. I've been playing for hours and I don't even think I'm past the first level yet. It seems so abstract, but after grinding away you eventuallyI thought after the Portal era, that the first person puzzle genre would be left unexplored for many years to come. I thought I was smart. I thought that they didn't make games hard anymore. Antichamber has gently relieved me of these delusions. I've been playing for hours and I don't even think I'm past the first level yet. It seems so abstract, but after grinding away you eventually find the clues cleverly woven into walls, or skillfully hidden in the cryptic language of the signs located throughout. There is no one solution, no single correct way to proceed. You must try and remember everything, and once you devise a possible solution it will no doubt take technical execution.

I highly recommend this game, but come prepared. I didn't think a game could mentally toy with me like this one has, or be capable of downright stumping me in a manner that ridicules my intelligence. It's challenging and frustrating, but at the same time lots of fun. Games have veered away from the model presented in Antichamber, which is why I believe I like it so much.
  2. Feb 1, 2013
    One of the best puzzle games ever made. In most video games they give you a few options but most of them don't lead anywhere. When the hero is asked "Do you want to save the princess?" It might give you a Yes or No choice but really no matter what you pick, you have to go save the princess. Not in Antichamber. Every decision you make leads somewhere. Turned left instead of right at anOne of the best puzzle games ever made. In most video games they give you a few options but most of them don't lead anywhere. When the hero is asked "Do you want to save the princess?" It might give you a Yes or No choice but really no matter what you pick, you have to go save the princess. Not in Antichamber. Every decision you make leads somewhere. Turned left instead of right at an intersection? The game will happily let you continue down this path for 20 minutes throwing puzzles at you as you go just to find yourself trapped in a room with no way out. Probably because you missed some really important clue or ignored all the really subtle warnings that you were going the wrong way. This game might just be the most scary games ever made. Its not a fear of something popping out at you and eating your face like most horror games, its a fear of the unknown. Its the same fear you might get before giving a big speech in front of a large audience. What if I make a mistake? What if I forget what I was going to say? What if the audience does not like what I'm about to say? Only now its what if I go down this hallway instead of the other one? What if I close this door behind me and I get trapped? What if this next room has a hidden trap door and I fall into a completely new level? What if I did not find all the items I needed to from the area I can no longer access?
    You can always teleport out by pressing the escape key and start again, but you don't want to. You never want to admit the game beat you or that you fell for such an obvious trap. The game does such an amazing job setting the mood and pulling you in that it almost feels like your trapped for real.
    Overall its one of the best games I have ever played.
  3. Mar 10, 2013
    Great game, you may compare it to Portal, but it is a completely different experience. You never now where you are heading and where the current puzzle takes you. Great!
  4. Mar 25, 2013
    I haven't had such an experience for a loooong, long time if ever. Antichamber bears some resemblance to Portal, but at the same time is different enough and in many aspects unique. Interestingly, the non-Euclidean geometry, which might come off as its central idea, before you play it, is in fact secondary to its main puzzle mechanic, which involves the manipulation of small cubes, and atI haven't had such an experience for a loooong, long time if ever. Antichamber bears some resemblance to Portal, but at the same time is different enough and in many aspects unique. Interestingly, the non-Euclidean geometry, which might come off as its central idea, before you play it, is in fact secondary to its main puzzle mechanic, which involves the manipulation of small cubes, and at first looks quite mundane, but soon reaches incredible depth.
    The sense of disorientation, caused by the spatial anomalies, the striking visuals and the ambient soundscape put you in extraordinary mood of mystery and curiosity I always wanted to progress a bit further and see what’s next. In short if you like puzzle games you owe it to yourself to try this out.
  5. May 8, 2013
    I've now played through the entire game 4 times, and there's more to learn and enjoy each time! Antichamber is, by far, the best puzzler I've ever played, and its primitive block-graphics add to, not subtract from, the experience! The first time you learn that the game isn't going to play fair, your entire world shifts under you, and all of your pre-conceptions melt. it's an amazingI've now played through the entire game 4 times, and there's more to learn and enjoy each time! Antichamber is, by far, the best puzzler I've ever played, and its primitive block-graphics add to, not subtract from, the experience! The first time you learn that the game isn't going to play fair, your entire world shifts under you, and all of your pre-conceptions melt. it's an amazing feeling that I miss in modern, flashy games (which I also love!)

If you enjoy a game that takes risks and throws you into uncertainty, this is definitely the one for you!
  6. Apr 4, 2013
    My brain still hurts after playing this. And I'm not even sure if I did as I was expected to do. This game is designed to blow your mind without you even knowing what's going on in there. And yet, when passing each chamber, you have this rewarding feeling, like you accomplished something, only to find yourself in the next chamber, or in the previous chamber, or in no chamber at all. GoingMy brain still hurts after playing this. And I'm not even sure if I did as I was expected to do. This game is designed to blow your mind without you even knowing what's going on in there. And yet, when passing each chamber, you have this rewarding feeling, like you accomplished something, only to find yourself in the next chamber, or in the previous chamber, or in no chamber at all. Going downstairs to go up, not crossing a door to get inside the room, actually going downstairs to go down... this game is so random and yet so enjoyable. A must play for everyone who wants a challenging experience outside the world of logic. Expand
  7. Jul 10, 2013
    [AntiChamber Steam PC Score 10] Superb a 3D first person puzzler. For the gamer great fun and addictive. For the programmer an inspiration in the creation of different. Computer gaming is again coming to life with refreshing ideas, so simple and straightforward, a force generating euthymia in its player, the development of patience and pride in solving each challenge. Go get it now[AntiChamber Steam PC Score 10] Superb a 3D first person puzzler. For the gamer great fun and addictive. For the programmer an inspiration in the creation of different. Computer gaming is again coming to life with refreshing ideas, so simple and straightforward, a force generating euthymia in its player, the development of patience and pride in solving each challenge. Go get it now and be prepared to be wowed.

Released on Jan 1st, 2013 and played about 5 months later by me [DRM] Steam only and thank goodness there is no GamesForWindowsLive on this title.

[Story]
    You discover solutions to puzzles. There is no cute girl with a nice chest with the protagonist in voice over saying “She has such pretty eyes” while everybody stares at her nipples. There are no battles in the Breastriary in Nippopolis. There is no Cheesing. Just puzzles. However the next version of this game could easily involve scantily clad aliens and power ups.

[Challenges and Mechanics]
    Learn each new skill. Don’t look with your eyes because they lie. Feel the force Luke. Trial and error is likely to make up for brief intense stupidity, and thank dog !
    [Save] The game saves itself like every game should.
    [Keys] cannot be remapped because the game takes place in 24000 BC when dinosaurs ruled the earth. You can stick it up your WSAD !

[Game time] 30 hrs and counting. Go back and finish the stuff you did not get even though you beat the game !

[Audio] I always play with headphones. I thought the audio was great. They could make it even more important in the game play next time. Thank you!

[ToYou]
    My compliments to all of you who pursue and share this obsession to experience this modern digital art. There are many games that will not be playable in 15-20 years because of OS and hardware changes. The time is now to experience these achievements. Think about going to museums and looking at those Van gogh paintings already 150 years old today. Think about watching reruns of old TV programs anytime you want. This will not be possible for most games and digital art dependent on game engines so consume and enjoy now and appreciate the moment.

[Children] Good for 12 years old and up.... be warned that the puzzles can be challenging.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz ASUS Z68 ProGen3 8G RAM Radeon 6870 W7 PRO SP1 Samsung 275T @1920x1200 Logitech G15 Kensington ExpertMouse

[MyFavorites] [Win7] AntiChamber Stacking Metro2033 Rochard TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964

[PS: I do not know anybody who works in the game industry I just enjoy games
  8. Feb 2, 2013
    The developer sure knows how to break any gamer out of their molding to learn a few things about themselves. This fantastic puzzle game is easily a 10/10 in my book, despite its many graphical glitches here and there. A game should be rated on its mechanics, aesthetics, and game play, all of which compliment each other perfectly. Well done!
  9. Feb 3, 2013
    This is by far one of the most um diverse puzzle games I've experienced, it is clearly among my favorites of portal and world of goo. This game displays such diverse conditions its never possible to predict what your in for next, half way through a puzzle you might think you have the hang of it only for the game to introduce an entirely different way of manipulating and navigating yourThis is by far one of the most um diverse puzzle games I've experienced, it is clearly among my favorites of portal and world of goo. This game displays such diverse conditions its never possible to predict what your in for next, half way through a puzzle you might think you have the hang of it only for the game to introduce an entirely different way of manipulating and navigating your environment. And with each new possibility comes more possible outcomes or are they? In a preview totalbiscut talked to the developer of this game, it was kinda funny how he viewed the players, the first part is to break every conceived notion of FPS games and then teach you a concept that would be easy to understand had you not previously broken and reformed your brain. Um so yea its tricky Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is just a revolutionary and unique as Portal was upon its release, and maybe even a little more so. I finished this game in jiffy because I just couldn't put it down. The environments are astounding, the music is mesmerizing, and the puzzles are just the right amount of difficulty to challenge you, but not leave you in the dark. One of my favorite games ever, and that's hard toThis game is just a revolutionary and unique as Portal was upon its release, and maybe even a little more so. I finished this game in jiffy because I just couldn't put it down. The environments are astounding, the music is mesmerizing, and the puzzles are just the right amount of difficulty to challenge you, but not leave you in the dark. One of my favorite games ever, and that's hard to accomplish. Expand
  11. Mar 4, 2013
    When you have 1000 ideas while making a puzzle game and you just pick the best one's this game is the result. It's not that linear game-play like in portal so if you stuck at some point you can try other puzzles.
    But not only the challenging puzzles are awesome. There are "signs [which] might be more helpful then you think" but mainly after you solved the challenge which often left a smile on my face.
    The "gun" if you can say this to this tool which you get can be used in many ways so there are often similar tasks to do which you must solve in a different way. (Don't want to spoiler them)

All in all I can say everyone who likes to play with his brain turned on (not those fps cod players) and likes to solve little problems will have fun playing this game!
  12. Feb 27, 2013
    One of the most innovative and best games I have ever played. Seeing the trailer before starting the game was probably the biggest disappointment as it have ruined first 3 min of the brilliant game play. It sucks you in after a first few puzzles and spits out once finished with a clear and shifted mind. It is like after you saw Matrix for the first time. Like flew in sleep for the firstOne of the most innovative and best games I have ever played. Seeing the trailer before starting the game was probably the biggest disappointment as it have ruined first 3 min of the brilliant game play. It sucks you in after a first few puzzles and spits out once finished with a clear and shifted mind. It is like after you saw Matrix for the first time. Like flew in sleep for the first time. Innovative as Braid or Portal and very unique. Minimalist, but overwhelming. Simple, but complex. Calming, but scary. Relaxing, but very frustrating. Once you start the game (born) you go through your lifetime solving puzzles (school, marriage, work) and once you are finish ("die" in a way) you gain so many new experiences and rewords which are hard to be explained. Go play this thing. Expand
  13. Mar 27, 2013
    Its nearly 3am, I’ve just completed Antichamber and my brain literally aches.

If Alan Fletcher, Bridget Riley and Spike Milligan had got together to a made a game I think Antichamber would be close. It’s brilliant, the difficulty level is just right to let you find your feet before stonewalling you with another puzzle. I found it to be have less ‘eureka’ moments than expected,
    Its nearly 3am, I’ve just completed Antichamber and my brain literally aches.

It’s brilliant, the difficulty level is just right to let you find your feet before stonewalling you with another puzzle. I found it to be have less ‘eureka’ moments than expected, instead the game slowly expanded your toolset so that you always had something new to try, whether a new gun (of which there are 5) or piece of information on how the weird and wonderful world worked.

In all the hype up to its release, I was expecting more illogical puzzles and weird happenstances. This is not the case, the world definitely has a set of well defined rules, they’re just generally used in a more ‘left field’ and ‘outside of the box’ context.

Apart from the gorgeous art, loveable life assuring messages and abstract Eno-esq soundtrack, my favorite parts of the game were the Easter egg rooms the developer must have left dotted and hidden about. They act like DVD extras giving a player who is willing to look a greater insight into the game, these included screenshots from old versions, a gallery of assets, wire frame models, a weird flowchart, and other more abstract areas… I’m especially curious about those little purple cubes that were placed in hard to reach areas.
  14. Feb 2, 2013
    Very clever and absolute mindf**k of a game. Your head will be spinning as the laws of reality are broken time and time again as the world around you deceptively shifts and warps in the blink of an eye. This is one of the best puzzle titles you will ever play. Took me around 6 hours to complete (with 95% of all rooms solved pictures found) without a guide and I'm fairly adept at logicVery clever and absolute mindf**k of a game. Your head will be spinning as the laws of reality are broken time and time again as the world around you deceptively shifts and warps in the blink of an eye. This is one of the best puzzle titles you will ever play. Took me around 6 hours to complete (with 95% of all rooms solved pictures found) without a guide and I'm fairly adept at logic puzzles. If you enjoyed games like Portal, this game is your next stop. Expand
  15. Feb 10, 2013
    Antichamber is easily the best and most memorable 8-10 hours of gaming I've had in a very, very long time. Incredibly satisfying puzzles, crisp and stark visuals, and some truly innovative game mechanics. It's an abstract and challenging title that demands a bit of lateral thinking and patience, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone. However, if you're after a refreshingAntichamber is easily the best and most memorable 8-10 hours of gaming I've had in a very, very long time. Incredibly satisfying puzzles, crisp and stark visuals, and some truly innovative game mechanics. It's an abstract and challenging title that demands a bit of lateral thinking and patience, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone. However, if you're after a refreshing challenge, and you enjoyed the likes of Portal and Braid, then Antichamber is an absolute must buy. Fantastic to play a game that feels genuinely new! Expand
  16. Feb 10, 2013
  17. Apr 20, 2013
    A good example of how graphics do not make a game fun. Even without a story, this game challenged me in ways I hadn't imagined. Even Quantum Conundrum didn't drive me to finish like this game did. Fantastic level design, thoughtful sound effects and soundtrack, and clever dynamics that change and yet remain the same throughout the entire game. The only thing I didn't like about this gameA good example of how graphics do not make a game fun. Even without a story, this game challenged me in ways I hadn't imagined. Even Quantum Conundrum didn't drive me to finish like this game did. Fantastic level design, thoughtful sound effects and soundtrack, and clever dynamics that change and yet remain the same throughout the entire game. The only thing I didn't like about this game was trying to find what puzzle to do next. I can't wait to see what they do next! Expand
  18. Feb 17, 2013
    This is a great game if you are interested in puzzle games. Alexander worked many years and this game and did not disappoint with his finished product. There are many different demo revisions available if one would enjoy seeing the game before buying it, mind you they are not the finished product and may contain bugs or slight differences in visuals and progression. I've been following theThis is a great game if you are interested in puzzle games. Alexander worked many years and this game and did not disappoint with his finished product. There are many different demo revisions available if one would enjoy seeing the game before buying it, mind you they are not the finished product and may contain bugs or slight differences in visuals and progression. I've been following the game for quite a while, and knew a bit of what to expect, but it still blew my mind with some of the areas. If you enjoy puzzles and critical thinking, then you should definitely check this game out. Expand
  19. Sep 13, 2013
    As the game's name very well suggests, Antichamber is a game that sets out to do the unorthodox. The entire premise of the game focuses on two aspects: exploring a series of rooms and halls featuring impossible geometry, such as a box that's longer on the inside than on the inside, along with a 'gun' that manipulates small cubes in order to solve puzzles. Antichamber makes a point to haveAs the game's name very well suggests, Antichamber is a game that sets out to do the unorthodox. The entire premise of the game focuses on two aspects: exploring a series of rooms and halls featuring impossible geometry, such as a box that's longer on the inside than on the inside, along with a 'gun' that manipulates small cubes in order to solve puzzles. Antichamber makes a point to have players think outside the box with both how one travels from point A to point B, as well as how one approaches a puzzle logically. This is accompanied by a slew of fun little philosophical tidbits that also connect, to some extent, to real life.

There are many reasons to love Antichamber. Perhaps most blissful is the unusual aspect of enjoying getting lost in the game's strange layout (and lost you will get), supported by the game's also unusual graphics consisting of thickly outlined simple mesh polygons that are mostly white with splashes of highly saturated colors. Gone are textures, and shadows are lighting are very minimal. Even stranger is the fact that all of this is set to a variety of nature based ambiance rather than any sort of musical score, making the experience all that much more relaxing even in the face of a dead end, a perplexing puzzle, or realizing that you are going in circles.

The puzzles put forth in Antichamber are also a delight, teasing those with preemptive puzzle game solving knowledge and providing a new outlook on the genre for the new and veteran alike. Puzzles are mostly in the form of performing various actions involving small colored cubes, the cube colors correlating to what gun power is required to solve the puzzle. Actions boil down to essentially just moving the cubes, but this can range from sucking up cubes and then placing them to block motion sensing laser paths, to moving a trail of cubes that pull along any trail of cubes adjacent, and more.

Many people might compare Antichamber to Portal, and there are certainly some similarities. However, where Portal is a linear puzzle solver accompanied by dark humorous banter by the antagonist, Antichamber is more of an open ended journey into expanding one's perspective. To this end Antichamber has very little in terms of narrative (just a minute amount towards the end), but this helps free the game to its open-endedness and surrealistic experiences. Antichamber does what it sets out to do sublimely, but unfortunately it's mission is a tad niche and simply will not be for everyone. Even some avid puzzle enthusiasts might have some trouble sinking into Antichamber if they are not charmed by it's unconventional artistry, and those seeking simply to explore a virtual gallery of geometric (and philosophical) musings might find the puzzle aspects to be too frustrating.

All in all Antichamber is a crowning achievement for avant-garde game design, and a wonderful journey for those with an open curious mind. Highly recommended for those seeking something challenging and soothing with an unusual design perspective, but probably not for classic action gamers or those who want clear cut objectives in their games.

10/10 despite lacking a bit in terms of optimization and far from being universally appealing, this game's artistic achievement is one the best I've experienced.
  20. Jun 11, 2014
    This game doesn't rely on excellent graphics or innovative story, but instead brings 8 hours of pure fun. You get the best experience, when you jump into the game with no expectations on what the game has to offer. In return, you get rewarded with clever puzzles with satisfying solutions, constant mind-benders and -twisters, and generally an adventure you will never quite forget. TheThis game doesn't rely on excellent graphics or innovative story, but instead brings 8 hours of pure fun. You get the best experience, when you jump into the game with no expectations on what the game has to offer. In return, you get rewarded with clever puzzles with satisfying solutions, constant mind-benders and -twisters, and generally an adventure you will never quite forget. The puzzles are one of the most satisfying in the world, and finding all the secrets can sure be a thing to brag about. I enjoyed every second of it. Expand
  21. Feb 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game had me hooked from start to end. Amazing puzzles (that's challenging, but not impossible) set against some amazing visuals at time... all that while playing the most calming background music. At one point you can solve a particular puzzle and end up in a room where the developers set up a picturesc roadmap of the product development throughout the years. You can see how the product changed throughout. I would recommend this game to any portal fan, and anyone who loves a good mindbender with satisfactory outcomes. Expand
  22. Feb 5, 2013
    New. Creative. Fresh. These are one of the few words i can amass to encapsulate this game. If you're interested in puzzle games this game is a definite buy. There is no "story" but you won't feel the need for one. Controls are smooth and minimalistic. There is no clogging, no needless keys. Antichamber is also very challenging, you have to think outside the box if you want to move forwardNew. Creative. Fresh. These are one of the few words i can amass to encapsulate this game. If you're interested in puzzle games this game is a definite buy. There is no "story" but you won't feel the need for one. Controls are smooth and minimalistic. There is no clogging, no needless keys. Antichamber is also very challenging, you have to think outside the box if you want to move forward in this game. Only reason i'm giving it a 9/10 is because of color palette. For some reason color contrasts in this game is eye-straining. Still, overall a very good game. Expand
  23. Feb 1, 2013
    After playing Antichamber for:- 1 minute."what the frick is this crock of twaddle!" 2 minutes."I'm feeling disorientated and dizzy. groan." 3 minutes. "Goddam it I'm stuck. How the hell....." 4 minutes "Ahh! thats it I got it,After playing Antichamber for:- 1 minute."what the frick is this crock of twaddle!" 2 minutes."I'm feeling disorientated and dizzy. groan." 3 minutes. "Goddam it I'm stuck. How the hell....." 4 minutes "Ahh! thats it I got it, but wait..what the hell is this... 1 hour. "HEY WORLD I've just been playing this most awesome puzzle game, its like this um..er ok you are in this room right and um its all freaky like you are in some wierd Escher drawing on acid and you gotta sorta navigate through um these corridor kinda things and and..OH MY GOOD LORD YOU GOTTA EXPERIENCE THIS Expand
  24. Feb 3, 2013
    I don't give out many 10's, but this game earned it. It doesn't look like much from the pictures, but in my book this is the first first-person-puzzler game to even come close, and possibly match, the brilliance and uniqueness of Portal, besting even Quantum Conundrum and Qube. There's no witty narrator, or even a storyline; you simply start in a black room, then walk around a mansion(?)I don't give out many 10's, but this game earned it. It doesn't look like much from the pictures, but in my book this is the first first-person-puzzler game to even come close, and possibly match, the brilliance and uniqueness of Portal, besting even Quantum Conundrum and Qube. There's no witty narrator, or even a storyline; you simply start in a black room, then walk around a mansion(?) where the laws of physics, logic, and sanity don't apply. The puzzles are rather open: unlike Qube, you do not simply linearly progress from one puzzle to the next. Rather, it's more like you can do the puzzles in almost any order you want, and you often don't even know if you're solving a puzzle or simply exploring. The game does many things to disorient you and punish you for conventional ways of thinking, but it's never done over-the-top or in a way that will simply frustrate you; an incredible amount of thought must have been put into this game. It's hard to explain how it does that without giving away any spoilers --in fact, it's hard to explain anything that happens in this game at all-- but it should suffice to say, if you enjoyed Portal, you will enjoy this. And of course you enjoyed Portal, so go out and buy this. PS. Valve needs to hire this guy to spearhead Portal 3. Expand
  25. Feb 5, 2013
    FINALLY an interesting indie game that ISN'T A *#&&%#ing PLATFORMER! Never thought I'd see the day. Oh and look at that it's priced correctly as well.
  26. Feb 3, 2013
    I have never played anything quite like this game. Antichamber is a game that wants to be a game and nothing else. Every moment throughout I felt immersed and involved. Absolutely fantastic!
  27. Feb 2, 2013
    Stark and simple, but immeasurably exciting. Each step forward is an adventure as reality seems to bend and fold around you, and you're left wondering, moment to moment, what the game is going to pull out of its hat next. But unlike many games that might give you a few 'oohs' and 'ahhs' before wearing thin, Antichamber forces you to examine your surroundings and use what it gives you toStark and simple, but immeasurably exciting. Each step forward is an adventure as reality seems to bend and fold around you, and you're left wondering, moment to moment, what the game is going to pull out of its hat next. But unlike many games that might give you a few 'oohs' and 'ahhs' before wearing thin, Antichamber forces you to examine your surroundings and use what it gives you to solve expertly crafted puzzles. There is no real reward except a new way forward and the distant promise of an ending, but that was plenty for me. A shockingly unique game in today's colour by the numbers market, Antichamber is everything that makes art games good. Expand
  28. Feb 2, 2013
    I had no idea what to expect from this game. Bought it just out of boredom. But then I finished in one go. It is very original and fun puzzle game.
    I loved how the difficulty was balanced. Many puzzles just did not have any specific rules. You just have to stumble upon the solution. But... the game slowly taught you all the needed skill. And I did find myself stuck only a few times and only for a short time. The game does not lead you by your hand. But still gives you enough hints (usually in a form of a easier version of a puzzle) so you know what to do or at least try.
  29. Feb 4, 2013
    I was blown away. This is the first time since Portal I've been so engrossed in a puzzle game. If it were by a big-name publisher, it'd be the game of the year.
  30. Feb 6, 2013
    Absolutely awesome. Blew my mind all over the place and made my brain hurt more than a game like Portal ever could. Have not beat it yet due to pure frustration, but a good kind of awe-inspiring frustration.

1. Jun 10, 2013
    If you’re looking for the most extreme, bizarre, intelligent and wacky puzzle game, look no further. [April 2013]
  2. Apr 5, 2013
    I just finished Antichamber. I feel satisfaction I haven’t experienced after completing any game in many years and for the first time in ages I learned something about myself while playing. It’s hard for me to expect anything more from a game. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.82]
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Antichamber is an intriguing little experiment. It is both a humble imitation and an attempt to avoid all the trappings and clichés of the genre. Alas, it fails to excite. Unlike Echochrome and Braid, where we bending realities to our will, in this game its creators simply tease us whenever they feel like it.