Antichamber PC

• Publisher: Demruth
  • Release Date: Jan 31, 2013
8.2

1. Nov 27, 2013
    This is Portal on drugs mixed with "I'm gonna mind f*c* you". You'd be stupid not to get this. Got it on Steam on sale and oh my god what a trip! Not your average game but don't let the plain graphics fool you, it actually made the game better this way. I'll be the first in line to buy the sequel.
    The negative review guys don't appreciate a gem like this game. Go back to call of duty you fools. To the guys that made this game, please make more like this. I have a few hundred Steam games and let me say this is top 10. I'm drooling for more like this. PLEASE make a sequel! My wallet is crying for you.
  2. Feb 5, 2013
    Fun fun fun. What else could you want? Some people are complaining about it being too difficult, too nerdy, boring, whatever they are saying, but don't pay any attention to them. The puzzles are interesting, they feel good to solve, and if I didn't know any better I would say that this game is making me smarter. The music facilitates a kind of creepiness that I really enjoyed, plus youFun fun fun. What else could you want? Some people are complaining about it being too difficult, too nerdy, boring, whatever they are saying, but don't pay any attention to them. The puzzles are interesting, they feel good to solve, and if I didn't know any better I would say that this game is making me smarter. The music facilitates a kind of creepiness that I really enjoyed, plus you never shake that feeling that you never know what might pop up next at any moment around any corner, or just right behind you. I really enjoyed every second of it and hope that like Portal it gets expanded into a full fledged big budget game, because the creative minds behind this game really deserve a bigger audience. Expand
  3. Jul 10, 2013
    [AntiChamber Steam PC Score 10] Superb a 3D first person puzzler. For the gamer great fun and addictive. For the programmer an inspiration in the creation of different. Computer gaming is again coming to life with refreshing ideas, so simple and straightforward, a force generating euthymia in its player, the development of patience and pride in solving each challenge. Go get it now[AntiChamber Steam PC Score 10] Superb a 3D first person puzzler. For the gamer great fun and addictive. For the programmer an inspiration in the creation of different. Computer gaming is again coming to life with refreshing ideas, so simple and straightforward, a force generating euthymia in its player, the development of patience and pride in solving each challenge. Go get it now and be prepared to be wowed.

Released on Jan 1st, 2013 and played about 5 months later by me [DRM] Steam only and thank goodness there is no GamesForWindowsLive on this title.

[Story]
    You discover solutions to puzzles. There is no cute girl with a nice chest with the protagonist in voice over saying “She has such pretty eyes” while everybody stares at her nipples. There are no battles in the Breastriary in Nippopolis. There is no Cheesing. Just puzzles. However the next version of this game could easily involve scantily clad aliens and power ups.

[Challenges and Mechanics]
    Learn each new skill. Don’t look with your eyes because they lie. Feel the force Luke. Trial and error is likely to make up for brief intense stupidity, and thank dog !
    [Save] The game saves itself like every game should.
    [Keys] cannot be remapped because the game takes place in 24000 BC when dinosaurs ruled the earth. You can stick it up your WSAD !

[Game time] 30 hrs and counting. Go back and finish the stuff you did not get even though you beat the game !

[Audio] I always play with headphones. I thought the audio was great. They could make it even more important in the game play next time. Thank you!

[ToYou]
    My compliments to all of you who pursue and share this obsession to experience this modern digital art. There are many games that will not be playable in 15-20 years because of OS and hardware changes. The time is now to experience these achievements. Think about going to museums and looking at those Van gogh paintings already 150 years old today. Think about watching reruns of old TV programs anytime you want. This will not be possible for most games and digital art dependent on game engines so consume and enjoy now and appreciate the moment.

[Children] Good for 12 years old and up.... be warned that the puzzles can be challenging.

[MyPC 2011] i7-2600K 3.4GHz ASUS Z68 ProGen3 8G RAM Radeon 6870 W7 PRO SP1 Samsung 275T @1920x1200 Logitech G15 Kensington ExpertMouse

[MyFavorites] [Win7] AntiChamber Stacking Metro2033 Rochard TheDreamMachine Crysis&Warhead&2 JustCause2 Rage [XP] DeuxExHR&TheMissingLink DeadSpace1&2 Fallout3&NewVegas HalfLife1&2 Bordelands1&2 BatmanArkumAsylum AssassinsCreed Magicka RedFaction Portal1&2 FromDust MrRobot Sam&MaxSeasons1&2 CulpaInnata TheSecretOfMonkeyIsland DreamfallTheLongestJourney Syberia1&2 CrayonPhysicsDeluxe DefenseGridTheAwakening PlantsVsZombies Prototype Bioshock1&2 UnrealTournament3 Quake4 [360] AfroSamurai BrutalLegends [XBOX] HALO KOTOR1&2 Crackdown ArmedAndDangerous AggressiveInline BeyondGoodAndEvil DeadOrAlive1&2&3&ExtremeBeachVolleyball Psychonauts [AppleG4] FullThrottle DeusExMachina ONI ReturnToZork Suspended UnrealTournament TombRaiderSeries [Born] 1964

[PS: I do not know anybody who works in the game industry I just enjoy games
  4. Feb 2, 2013
    Very clever and absolute mindf**k of a game. Your head will be spinning as the laws of reality are broken time and time again as the world around you deceptively shifts and warps in the blink of an eye. This is one of the best puzzle titles you will ever play. Took me around 6 hours to complete (with 95% of all rooms solved pictures found) without a guide and I'm fairly adept at logicVery clever and absolute mindf**k of a game. Your head will be spinning as the laws of reality are broken time and time again as the world around you deceptively shifts and warps in the blink of an eye. This is one of the best puzzle titles you will ever play. Took me around 6 hours to complete (with 95% of all rooms solved pictures found) without a guide and I'm fairly adept at logic puzzles. If you enjoyed games like Portal, this game is your next stop. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2013
    I had no idea what to expect from this game. Bought it just out of boredom. But then I finished in one go. It is very original and fun puzzle game.
    I loved how the difficulty was balanced. Many puzzles just did not have any specific rules. You just have to stumble upon the solution. But... the game slowly taught you all the needed skill. And I did find myself stuck only a few times and only for a short time. The game does not lead you by your hand. But still gives you enough hints (usually in a form of a easier version of a puzzle) so you know what to do or at least try.
  6. Mar 10, 2013
    Great game, you may compare it to Portal, but it is a completely different experience. You never now where you are heading and where the current puzzle takes you. Great!
  7. Feb 4, 2013
    I was blown away. This is the first time since Portal I've been so engrossed in a puzzle game. If it were by a big-name publisher, it'd be the game of the year.
  8. Feb 10, 2013
    Antichamber is easily the best and most memorable 8-10 hours of gaming I've had in a very, very long time. Incredibly satisfying puzzles, crisp and stark visuals, and some truly innovative game mechanics. It's an abstract and challenging title that demands a bit of lateral thinking and patience, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone. However, if you're after a refreshingAntichamber is easily the best and most memorable 8-10 hours of gaming I've had in a very, very long time. Incredibly satisfying puzzles, crisp and stark visuals, and some truly innovative game mechanics. It's an abstract and challenging title that demands a bit of lateral thinking and patience, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to everyone. However, if you're after a refreshing challenge, and you enjoyed the likes of Portal and Braid, then Antichamber is an absolute must buy. Fantastic to play a game that feels genuinely new! Expand
  9. Jul 13, 2013
    This is by far the most insightful experience that I have had through a video game ever. It's almost unreasonable to call Antichamber a game as it is more a thought experiment. Through constant nurturing and encouragement the game pushes the player to succeed at every turn, especially in the face of "impossible" challenges. The level design, liberal use of contrast in every respect, subtleThis is by far the most insightful experience that I have had through a video game ever. It's almost unreasonable to call Antichamber a game as it is more a thought experiment. Through constant nurturing and encouragement the game pushes the player to succeed at every turn, especially in the face of "impossible" challenges. The level design, liberal use of contrast in every respect, subtle audio cues, and minimal interface make this game one of the most unique experiences available in the history of video games.

Please do not compare this game to something like Portal which relies so heavily on the thematic or theatrical. Antichamber is in its own unique spectrum where puzzle games are concerned.
  10. Mar 25, 2013
    I haven't had such an experience for a loooong, long time if ever. Antichamber bears some resemblance to Portal, but at the same time is different enough and in many aspects unique. Interestingly, the non-Euclidean geometry, which might come off as its central idea, before you play it, is in fact secondary to its main puzzle mechanic, which involves the manipulation of small cubes, and atI haven't had such an experience for a loooong, long time if ever. Antichamber bears some resemblance to Portal, but at the same time is different enough and in many aspects unique. Interestingly, the non-Euclidean geometry, which might come off as its central idea, before you play it, is in fact secondary to its main puzzle mechanic, which involves the manipulation of small cubes, and at first looks quite mundane, but soon reaches incredible depth.
    The sense of disorientation, caused by the spatial anomalies, the striking visuals and the ambient soundscape put you in extraordinary mood of mystery and curiosity I always wanted to progress a bit further and see what’s next. In short if you like puzzle games you owe it to yourself to try this out.
  11. Feb 3, 2013
    I have never played anything quite like this game. Antichamber is a game that wants to be a game and nothing else. Every moment throughout I felt immersed and involved. Absolutely fantastic!
  12. Feb 2, 2013
    The developer sure knows how to break any gamer out of their molding to learn a few things about themselves. This fantastic puzzle game is easily a 10/10 in my book, despite its many graphical glitches here and there. A game should be rated on its mechanics, aesthetics, and game play, all of which compliment each other perfectly. Well done!
  13. Feb 6, 2013
    Absolutely awesome. Blew my mind all over the place and made my brain hurt more than a game like Portal ever could. Have not beat it yet due to pure frustration, but a good kind of awe-inspiring frustration.
  14. Feb 10, 2013
    After playing Antichamber for:- 1 minute."what the frick is this crock of twaddle!" 2 minutes."I'm feeling disorientated and dizzy. groan." 3 minutes. "Goddam it I'm stuck. How the hell....." 4 minutes "Ahh! thats it I got it
  15. Jan 18, 2014
    If you like interactive puzzlers, don't miss this gem. Truly unique in all the right ways, I'd say rivals portal in overall quality of experience and gameplay.
  16. Feb 3, 2013
    This is by far one of the most um diverse puzzle games I've experienced, it is clearly among my favorites of portal and world of goo. This game displays such diverse conditions its never possible to predict what your in for next, half way through a puzzle you might think you have the hang of it only for the game to introduce an entirely different way of manipulating and navigating yourThis is by far one of the most um diverse puzzle games I've experienced, it is clearly among my favorites of portal and world of goo. This game displays such diverse conditions its never possible to predict what your in for next, half way through a puzzle you might think you have the hang of it only for the game to introduce an entirely different way of manipulating and navigating your environment. And with each new possibility comes more possible outcomes or are they? In a preview totalbiscut talked to the developer of this game, it was kinda funny how he viewed the players, the first part is to break every conceived notion of FPS games and then teach you a concept that would be easy to understand had you not previously broken and reformed your brain. Um so yea its tricky Expand
  17. Feb 2, 2013
    This game is just a revolutionary and unique as Portal was upon its release, and maybe even a little more so. I finished this game in jiffy because I just couldn't put it down. The environments are astounding, the music is mesmerizing, and the puzzles are just the right amount of difficulty to challenge you, but not leave you in the dark. One of my favorite games ever, and that's hard toThis game is just a revolutionary and unique as Portal was upon its release, and maybe even a little more so. I finished this game in jiffy because I just couldn't put it down. The environments are astounding, the music is mesmerizing, and the puzzles are just the right amount of difficulty to challenge you, but not leave you in the dark. One of my favorite games ever, and that's hard to accomplish. Expand
  18. Feb 2, 2013
    Stark and simple, but immeasurably exciting. Each step forward is an adventure as reality seems to bend and fold around you, and you're left wondering, moment to moment, what the game is going to pull out of its hat next. But unlike many games that might give you a few 'oohs' and 'ahhs' before wearing thin, Antichamber forces you to examine your surroundings and use what it gives you toStark and simple, but immeasurably exciting. Each step forward is an adventure as reality seems to bend and fold around you, and you're left wondering, moment to moment, what the game is going to pull out of its hat next. But unlike many games that might give you a few 'oohs' and 'ahhs' before wearing thin, Antichamber forces you to examine your surroundings and use what it gives you to solve expertly crafted puzzles. There is no real reward except a new way forward and the distant promise of an ending, but that was plenty for me. A shockingly unique game in today's colour by the numbers market, Antichamber is everything that makes art games good. Expand
  19. Mar 4, 2013
    When you have 1000 ideas while making a puzzle game and you just pick the best one's this game is the result. It's not that linear game-play like in portal so if you stuck at some point you can try other puzzles.
    But not only the challenging puzzles are awesome. There are "signs [which] might be more helpful then you think" but mainly after you solved the challenge which often left a smile on my face.
    The "gun" if you can say this to this tool which you get can be used in many ways so there are often similar tasks to do which you must solve in a different way. (Don't want to spoiler them)

All in all I can say everyone who likes to play with his brain turned on (not those fps cod players) and likes to solve little problems will have fun playing this game!
  20. May 8, 2013
    I've now played through the entire game 4 times, and there's more to learn and enjoy each time! Antichamber is, by far, the best puzzler I've ever played, and its primitive block-graphics add to, not subtract from, the experience! The first time you learn that the game isn't going to play fair, your entire world shifts under you, and all of your pre-conceptions melt. it's an amazingI've now played through the entire game 4 times, and there's more to learn and enjoy each time! Antichamber is, by far, the best puzzler I've ever played, and its primitive block-graphics add to, not subtract from, the experience! The first time you learn that the game isn't going to play fair, your entire world shifts under you, and all of your pre-conceptions melt. it's an amazing feeling that I miss in modern, flashy games (which I also love!)

If you enjoy a game that takes risks and throws you into uncertainty, this is definitely the one for you!
  21. Feb 3, 2013
    I don't give out many 10's, but this game earned it. It doesn't look like much from the pictures, but in my book this is the first first-person-puzzler game to even come close, and possibly match, the brilliance and uniqueness of Portal, besting even Quantum Conundrum and Qube. There's no witty narrator, or even a storyline; you simply start in a black room, then walk around a mansion(?)I don't give out many 10's, but this game earned it. It doesn't look like much from the pictures, but in my book this is the first first-person-puzzler game to even come close, and possibly match, the brilliance and uniqueness of Portal, besting even Quantum Conundrum and Qube. There's no witty narrator, or even a storyline; you simply start in a black room, then walk around a mansion(?) where the laws of physics, logic, and sanity don't apply. The puzzles are rather open: unlike Qube, you do not simply linearly progress from one puzzle to the next. Rather, it's more like you can do the puzzles in almost any order you want, and you often don't even know if you're solving a puzzle or simply exploring. The game does many things to disorient you and punish you for conventional ways of thinking, but it's never done over-the-top or in a way that will simply frustrate you; an incredible amount of thought must have been put into this game. It's hard to explain how it does that without giving away any spoilers --in fact, it's hard to explain anything that happens in this game at all-- but it should suffice to say, if you enjoyed Portal, you will enjoy this. And of course you enjoyed Portal, so go out and buy this. PS. Valve needs to hire this guy to spearhead Portal 3. Expand
  22. Feb 9, 2013
    this game mind bends while contains little hints one second i'm here another i'm not! its not ordinary its extraordinary! also looking at stuff has never been so important (hint not spoiler)
  23. Nov 30, 2013
    Nothing you've ever played before. This game will make other parts of your brain work. First steps teach you new ways of thinking, building new patterns of game-play, purposefully counter-intuitive to the way classic games are played. Then difficulty progresses and you'll be pleasantly surprised to approach Antichamber with ways you'd never have thought doing in a game. At some point, youNothing you've ever played before. This game will make other parts of your brain work. First steps teach you new ways of thinking, building new patterns of game-play, purposefully counter-intuitive to the way classic games are played. Then difficulty progresses and you'll be pleasantly surprised to approach Antichamber with ways you'd never have thought doing in a game. At some point, you get addicted and don't stop playing, even though you don't even know what you're trying to achieve and why! Very clever and bold from the devs to have come up with such innovative game that competes with nowadays gaming standards. Expand
  24. Feb 5, 2013
    FINALLY an interesting indie game that ISN'T A *#&&%#ing PLATFORMER! Never thought I'd see the day. Oh and look at that it's priced correctly as well.
  25. Feb 1, 2013
    One of the best puzzle games ever made. In most video games they give you a few options but most of them don't lead anywhere. When the hero is asked "Do you want to save the princess?" It might give you a Yes or No choice but really no matter what you pick, you have to go save the princess. Not in Antichamber. Every decision you make leads somewhere. Turned left instead of right at anOne of the best puzzle games ever made. In most video games they give you a few options but most of them don't lead anywhere. When the hero is asked "Do you want to save the princess?" It might give you a Yes or No choice but really no matter what you pick, you have to go save the princess. Not in Antichamber. Every decision you make leads somewhere. Turned left instead of right at an intersection? The game will happily let you continue down this path for 20 minutes throwing puzzles at you as you go just to find yourself trapped in a room with no way out. Probably because you missed some really important clue or ignored all the really subtle warnings that you were going the wrong way. This game might just be the most scary games ever made. Its not a fear of something popping out at you and eating your face like most horror games, its a fear of the unknown. Its the same fear you might get before giving a big speech in front of a large audience. What if I make a mistake? What if I forget what I was going to say? What if the audience does not like what I'm about to say? Only now its what if I go down this hallway instead of the other one? What if I close this door behind me and I get trapped? What if this next room has a hidden trap door and I fall into a completely new level? What if I did not find all the items I needed to from the area I can no longer access?
    You can always teleport out by pressing the escape key and start again, but you don't want to. You never want to admit the game beat you or that you fell for such an obvious trap. The game does such an amazing job setting the mood and pulling you in that it almost feels like your trapped for real.
    Overall its one of the best games I have ever played.
  26. Jan 31, 2013
    I thought after the Portal era, that the first person puzzle genre would be left unexplored for many years to come. I thought I was smart. I thought that they didn't make games hard anymore. Antichamber has gently relieved me of these delusions. I've been playing for hours and I don't even think I'm past the first level yet. It seems so abstract, but after grinding away you eventuallyI thought after the Portal era, that the first person puzzle genre would be left unexplored for many years to come. I thought I was smart. I thought that they didn't make games hard anymore. Antichamber has gently relieved me of these delusions. I've been playing for hours and I don't even think I'm past the first level yet. It seems so abstract, but after grinding away you eventually find the clues cleverly woven into walls, or skillfully hidden in the cryptic language of the signs located throughout. There is no one solution, no single correct way to proceed. You must try and remember everything, and once you devise a possible solution it will no doubt take technical execution.

I highly recommend this game, but come prepared. I didn't think a game could mentally toy with me like this one has, or be capable of downright stumping me in a manner that ridicules my intelligence. It's challenging and frustrating, but at the same time lots of fun. Games have veered away from the model presented in Antichamber, which is why I believe I like it so much.
  27. Jan 31, 2013
    This game is about walking in corridors and finding rooms and entering said rooms only to find out that there is no corridor anymore to then turn around and be in a different room.

Tenouttaten.
  28. Feb 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game had me hooked from start to end. Amazing puzzles (that's challenging, but not impossible) set against some amazing visuals at time... all that while playing the most calming background music. At one point you can solve a particular puzzle and end up in a room where the developers set up a picturesc roadmap of the product development throughout the years. You can see how the product changed throughout. I would recommend this game to any portal fan, and anyone who loves a good mindbender with satisfactory outcomes. Expand
  29. Feb 17, 2013
    This is a great game if you are interested in puzzle games. Alexander worked many years and this game and did not disappoint with his finished product. There are many different demo revisions available if one would enjoy seeing the game before buying it, mind you they are not the finished product and may contain bugs or slight differences in visuals and progression. I've been following theThis is a great game if you are interested in puzzle games. Alexander worked many years and this game and did not disappoint with his finished product. There are many different demo revisions available if one would enjoy seeing the game before buying it, mind you they are not the finished product and may contain bugs or slight differences in visuals and progression. I've been following the game for quite a while, and knew a bit of what to expect, but it still blew my mind with some of the areas. If you enjoy puzzles and critical thinking, then you should definitely check this game out. Expand
  30. Feb 27, 2013
    One of the most innovative and best games I have ever played. Seeing the trailer before starting the game was probably the biggest disappointment as it have ruined first 3 min of the brilliant game play. It sucks you in after a first few puzzles and spits out once finished with a clear and shifted mind. It is like after you saw Matrix for the first time. Like flew in sleep for the firstOne of the most innovative and best games I have ever played. Seeing the trailer before starting the game was probably the biggest disappointment as it have ruined first 3 min of the brilliant game play. It sucks you in after a first few puzzles and spits out once finished with a clear and shifted mind. It is like after you saw Matrix for the first time. Like flew in sleep for the first time. Innovative as Braid or Portal and very unique. Minimalist, but overwhelming. Simple, but complex. Calming, but scary. Relaxing, but very frustrating. Once you start the game (born) you go through your lifetime solving puzzles (school, marriage, work) and once you are finish ("die" in a way) you gain so many new experiences and rewords which are hard to be explained. Go play this thing. Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    If you’re looking for the most extreme, bizarre, intelligent and wacky puzzle game, look no further. [April 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2013
    I just finished Antichamber. I feel satisfaction I haven’t experienced after completing any game in many years and for the first time in ages I learned something about myself while playing. It’s hard for me to expect anything more from a game. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.82]
  3. Apr 1, 2013
    Antichamber is an intriguing little experiment. It is both a humble imitation and an attempt to avoid all the trappings and clichés of the genre. Alas, it fails to excite. Unlike Echochrome and Braid, where we bending realities to our will, in this game its creators simply tease us whenever they feel like it.