7.9

1. Nov 6, 2011
    I don't agree with the critics. I think this game is good, and fun, but the missions do get very hard as you progress. I like the single player and haven't tried multiplayer at all, because I want to be able to play good before that. The graphics are very decent and it's great fun blowing up targets and chasing enemies on the ground while shooting at them with your machine gun/cannon. I use a ST290 joystick on a system with Win XP sp3, a HD4670 graphics card, 2gb ram, P4 extreme 3.4ghz (Old System), but a goodie!
    If you like helicopter combat sims then you Will Enjoy this game. It does have a certain amount of controlled realism to flying the Apache. The more real you make it, the harder it will be. This game does have a good re-play action. I'm just glad there are still some of these games around instead of all the mindless games that you jump into and already know all about and can play through in a couple of hours.
    Just get it! It's a good game.
  2. Nov 27, 2012
    Well, this is not exactly the definitive Helicopter simulator, but it is a really great game. The flight model its descent and the music makes you feel like in a movie. As I've said before, it's not a proper simulation, but was made to attract a larger simulation fans crowd (as me). I like flight sims, but don't have the time to learn how to fly, neither the money to buy expensive hardware like any extreme HOTAS joystick and TrackIR. In this game the average joe can enjoy the without passing more than an hour just to learn how to take off like in many other flight sims.
    So, if you are not a hardcore simulation fan, but like the premise, this is for you. A lot of action and sick music! Otherwise STAY AWAY, cause the auto rechargeable hellfires and rockets (did I forget to mention this? lol) may cause you nausea.

1. Feb 24, 2011
    Bland and basic chopper sim which may destroy your PC. [Mar 2011, p.70]
    Flying helicopters in Apache Air Assault is fun in multiplayer only. You will not enjoy much the outdated graphics and repetitive tasks in the missions otherwise. [Issue#200]
  3. Feb 22, 2011
    Far from a simulator, far from a thrilling action title, far from good looking and with a muliplayer without any longevity. Apache: Air Assault could have been a great title but fails to deliver on all accounts.