5.7

1. Oct 5, 2013
    Not bad, not good.
    Broken,buggy and online connectivty issues..Developers should focus on game network system rather than gameplay and graphics...Not friendly game to newcommers...
  2. Jul 18, 2014
    I think we can all agree the original release of his game was terrible, this re-release has fixed many of the originals problems. This is one of my favorite free to play games out there, but it can get a bit repetitive. One way to avoid this, is to get some friends, and think of some other stuff you can do. The customization in this game is some of the best I have ever seen, you canI think we can all agree the original release of his game was terrible, this re-release has fixed many of the originals problems. This is one of my favorite free to play games out there, but it can get a bit repetitive. One way to avoid this, is to get some friends, and think of some other stuff you can do. The customization in this game is some of the best I have ever seen, you can make symbols to put on your characters clothes and as paints for your car. It is a fun game overall. Expand
  3. Dec 13, 2011
    The concept of this game is great however the way its done isn't. The combat system in the game is repetitive and the whole "over the shoulder" aim gets annoying when you are hiding behind a corner and your crosshair is on the target but your bullets are hitting the corner. Also high caliber bullets cant go through thin metal or wood in the world. Nothing like shooting a LMG into aThe concept of this game is great however the way its done isn't. The combat system in the game is repetitive and the whole "over the shoulder" aim gets annoying when you are hiding behind a corner and your crosshair is on the target but your bullets are hitting the corner. Also high caliber bullets cant go through thin metal or wood in the world. Nothing like shooting a LMG into a target behind a thin piece of metal and not even touching them. Starting the game and learning the basics took me some time, i had over 8hrs played and still figuring out some things. I wish it would tell you how many hits or how much damage you did to the person who killed you when you die. There's been plenty of times when i get matched with newbie group mates against a team of people with high end weapons and we just get dominated, its not even fun. Well i could go on about the game but i'd recommend trying it if you have the time. Its F2P, why not. Expand
  4. Dec 11, 2011
    Okay, so I'm going to offer a dissenting opinion here. The game, itself, is a fun one a and a time waster, and I'm going to enjoy playing this until I have the money for "Saints Row: The Third". First off, I would like to mention the character creation screen. It seems that when you select a new option on the "quick mode", it doesn't update your model on the screen. The quick mode, by theOkay, so I'm going to offer a dissenting opinion here. The game, itself, is a fun one a and a time waster, and I'm going to enjoy playing this until I have the money for "Saints Row: The Third". First off, I would like to mention the character creation screen. It seems that when you select a new option on the "quick mode", it doesn't update your model on the screen. The quick mode, by the way, just selects things such as your race, gender, age, and build. The advanced mode seems to update your character, though, but seems unnecessarily difficult to navigate. However, you can quickly find a good-looking character using the "randomize" option and then tweaking him/her slightly...

The tutorial is OK, yet it only seems to go into detail about interactions you will do during a mission, not things such as vehicle spawning stations. The game does mention these stations, but only briefly. Fortunately, you'll learn as you just play the game. However, there was one thing where I was given a weapon modification, but I could not figure out how to equip and use it.

When you get into the actual game, your place in the matchmaking system (when the game decides to make you oppose another faction in a mission) seems to be determined by two things: your threat, and your rank. The rank is basically your level in the game, whereas your threat is determined by how well you do in opposed missions. It seems to me that you cannot have a high threat when you are the very first rank.

Anyways, the balancing in the matchmaking system and the actual combat system really dock this game's rank. Basically, every player which has a "gold" threat (which I believe is the highest threat) fights like this: Either they carry a shotgun or rocket launcher, and if you happen to be out in the open they will attempt to run you over using their cars (which will automatically kill you if they hit you going anywhere above 5 MPH). If that fails (since getting out of cars at high speeds isn't designed well, players will almost immediately get out of their cars at any speed when the interact key is pressed without inertia), the player with the shotgun will get out and jump/crouch spasmodically while shooting you with the shotgun and the player with the rocket launcher will immediately just point the rocket launcher at you and instantly kill you. APB Reloaded, you know you've got a good shooter when you do not have players who are crouching/spinning/jumping around randomly and winning fights.

Typically, the matchmaking system shouldn't be pairing you up against these guys but the way they designed the instances of the maps inside of each server may hold an answer. It seems that each instance of a map typically holds an average of 100 people. Since each group holds around 4 people, and some groups may not even be doing missions or be opposing different people, you are most likely not going to get an optimal match in the first place.

Lastly, the graphics - The graphics are outdated and run on the Unreal engine, and anti-aliasing support is in beta. Anti-aliasing will not cause huge performance issues (in fact, the game will lose as many frames as you would expect from any other retail game which supports AA), but will cause green dirty pixels around the edges of civilians on the highest resolution (1080P). The problem is amplified by the postprocessing blur around the edges of the civilians.

To summarize, the game is fun, a timewaster, and free to play. However, if you were looking explicitly for a multiplayer shooter game, I would recommend different titles such as Battlefield 3. Although, give this game a try, it's free, and establish your own opinion. I wouldn't recommend springing any money on this game, although, until spending at least a week on the game. At this point, the game does have potential but just is not a good shooter game.
  5. Jan 2, 2012
    While it is definitely not anywhere near the greatest game out there, Reloaded has fixed many of the infuriating issues from original version and created a fun, fast paced, and adrenaline pumping game. Things don't always go so great during the action, but faulty physics and unpredictable accidents can be entertaining enough to make up for it. It's a free to play game that's definitelyWhile it is definitely not anywhere near the greatest game out there, Reloaded has fixed many of the infuriating issues from original version and created a fun, fast paced, and adrenaline pumping game. Things don't always go so great during the action, but faulty physics and unpredictable accidents can be entertaining enough to make up for it. It's a free to play game that's definitely worth a shot... so long as you don't mind performance issues, pay-to-win mechanics, poor match making, unbalanced weapons, punk buster issues, poor support, immature community, and powerful server lag. Expand
  6. Apr 3, 2012
    At first i really enjoyed this game, saw a good amount of potential, but once you get into it the game begins to show its flaws. the biggest possibly most annoying is the lack of any type of match scaling for new players. they toss you in with vets who have some how gotten past the worthless user interface (most likely having remapped each control) needless to say you will be shot to deathAt first i really enjoyed this game, saw a good amount of potential, but once you get into it the game begins to show its flaws. the biggest possibly most annoying is the lack of any type of match scaling for new players. they toss you in with vets who have some how gotten past the worthless user interface (most likely having remapped each control) needless to say you will be shot to death quit abit before you even begin to learn how to fight back. and its not until you reach some what higher levels that you will get the chance to lease weapons so if you suck with a pistol and suck with a sub-machine gun tough luck. once you get to the point of more weapons however things start to look up. Stick with it and it can be a fun game. For new players... well good luck. Expand
  7. Feb 22, 2012
    This game shows promise but comes up short in many areas. No level playing fields, you against other players 5 levels higher than you, you can't pick your teams, have to do missions to unlock even the most basic weapons and/or clothes, other players come out of nowhere and run you over with their car. I join the game and have no idea what to do, spent almost half an hour trying to find myThis game shows promise but comes up short in many areas. No level playing fields, you against other players 5 levels higher than you, you can't pick your teams, have to do missions to unlock even the most basic weapons and/or clothes, other players come out of nowhere and run you over with their car. I join the game and have no idea what to do, spent almost half an hour trying to find my friend. There's not even a tutorial on how to play the game, I felt like a fish out of water. Played 5 hours and still have no idea what to do. Not even the amazing character customization can save this game, which was the only part I liked. I sure hope this game is still in beta mode for it needs a ton of polishing.

Pros: amazing character customization
    Cons: everything else
  8. Feb 25, 2012
    Its a fun little free distraction, played it over summer break. Near infinite character customization is awesome but the game play can get repetitive. This game does have a Pay to win strategy and the matchmaking can at time be completely brain dead
  9. Jul 10, 2014
    I wish i could play it but for some reason I crash randomly and my friend gets kicked for so called "hacking". I would much rather just go play some gta.
  10. Dec 31, 2011
    I downloaded this game, it looked interesting, but as soon as I starting playing, and I heard my headphones give off a blank noise, and my computer's fan overheated, I knew that this was a bad game.
    The lag is terrible, I can play a lot of other games and they're fan on medium/low graphics, but APB , makes my computer crash, I never had to shut off my computer for any game (Unless it was a CD, and it needed to be shutdown so that it could load) I mean seriously, the graphics aren't even that great. And the tutorial took some time for me, If they actually cut out the lag, and make everything easier to understand, i'd totally give this game a 9/10.
  11. May 9, 2012
    Ive been playing this game for a while and i used to like it but there are a couple of problems with it. First the fight beetween Enforcers and Criminals sometimes isnt fair because of varity of good weapons and those pos weapons you get in the begining. Second the lag is just unbarable and i have a strong conection. Third the hacking is becoming more and more a part of the gameplay, whichIve been playing this game for a while and i used to like it but there are a couple of problems with it. First the fight beetween Enforcers and Criminals sometimes isnt fair because of varity of good weapons and those pos weapons you get in the begining. Second the lag is just unbarable and i have a strong conection. Third the hacking is becoming more and more a part of the gameplay, which its the reason i stopped playing. I just coudnt take the aimbots and the wall hacks anymore. People just cant play fair anymore. Fourth the premium stuff like cars, weapons, clothes, etc is just too much, example: a premium weapon perment costs around 3500 G1 which is 30-35â Expand
  12. Dec 26, 2011
    Incredible levels of customisation, good visuals, excellent presentation, the cops and robbers theme and a slew of great ideas give APB the potential to be a fantastic game but can't help but feel marred by poor combat, odd vehicle handling and a frustrating matchmaking system during objectives.
  13. Aug 22, 2012
    The game concept is great and has room to become even greater. It contains the most amazing customization for characters and vehicles i have come across in any game as well as a music editor. There is practically no limit to what one can do with the symbol designer, their characters and their vehicles. I have always seen it as a cross between counter strike and grand theft auto, matchesThe game concept is great and has room to become even greater. It contains the most amazing customization for characters and vehicles i have come across in any game as well as a music editor. There is practically no limit to what one can do with the symbol designer, their characters and their vehicles. I have always seen it as a cross between counter strike and grand theft auto, matches mainly consisting of 4 criminals vs 4 enforcers can also become wars of 15 vs15. It does however come with important flaws, the community as has become customary with f2p games is immature and full of trolls, hackusations are rampant (accusations of people hacking, making everyone believe that everyone that kills them is hacking), players feel rage towards players who pay for weapons (most of which can be obtained without spending money) as they need to blame something for their losses. The biggest issue is the matchmaking which uses something called threat., however does not take into consideration rank nor gear which can result in some very unbalanced matches, this is even more noticeable if you attempt to play alone and end up with 3 random people with whom you do not communicate. It is important to find a clan in order to be able to group up with other players, as team work is very important. In addition to the matchmaking unlucky spawn positions can sometimes ruin a match.

Driving can initially seem unresponsive as the vehicles are all managed server side, however if you give it a chance you can get used to it easily. The starter vehicle is slow however sturdy and very maneuverable which helps new players get used to the driving.

I would urge anyone and everyone to try out this game, however keep in mind that it is more suited for groups of 4 people playing together playing alone will detract from the experience. As any game it will take time to get used to the gameplay and even longer to get to know the large maps.

TLDR : One can notice most reviews are indeed biased, people either love it or hate it, the game has great teamplay and the best customization for characters i have seen in any mmo, like any other game it has its downsides. If you are looking for a unique mmo one that attempts a cross between GTA and CS to play with your friends i urge you to try this one out. If you are looking for another wow clone or a single player game this one is not for you.
  14. Sep 5, 2012
    This game is good, even better with friends! However the tutorial absolutely sucks. Once you've created your character your chucked into the world with a message. I had no problem with the finding of buttons but some friends did.
    Graphics are good for an online game, the same style as the Saints Row franchise.
    This sandbox game has a massive range of things to do from going on missions
    This sandbox game has a massive range of things to do from going on missions and killing the other faction, or stealing from shop windows to customizing EVERYTHING from every decal on your shirt to every decal on your car.
    There are only a few problems i have with this game for example there are different "Districts" for different things such as you need to log out of the main districts to go to a "Social District" where you can customize your player and their items. Secondly the stealing option could be made more realistic instead of bashing into a window with the car, maybe actually going into the shop itself and stealing would be better.
  15. Jan 17, 2012
    A very good game! but the biggest problem for me and others is that i freeze every 5 sec i play it and it returns 2 sec after its very hard to play the game Gamersfirst really need to improve and fix the problems if they want this game to continue being online.
  16. Oct 16, 2012
    This game was a extremely cool game idea from GamersFirst, but in my opinion, they kinda screwed it up. The things I loved about this game were: 1.) You can play as a civilian contracted police agent, or an extremely violent criminal with no cares of who the kill. (I played as an Enforcer.) 2.) The vehicle chases and the ability to fire your weapon while driving was just terrific! 3.)This game was a extremely cool game idea from GamersFirst, but in my opinion, they kinda screwed it up. The things I loved about this game were: 1.) You can play as a civilian contracted police agent, or an extremely violent criminal with no cares of who the kill. (I played as an Enforcer.) 2.) The vehicle chases and the ability to fire your weapon while driving was just terrific! 3.) Customization of your character and clothing is fun and unique. 4.) The ability to play with friends, and goof around in San Paro freely and have a good time. I mainly started playing this game just because of the vehicle chases and fun combat that I heard about, but I soon recognized how broken this game truly is. For example: 1.) Unless you pay $20.00 a month, you can barely customize your character. 2.) The combat is overrated, it's a third person Call of Duty more than a tactical game play enviroment like I heard about. 3.) When it comes time to perform PvP, the rank matching system is broken to the MAX. When I first started playing the game, me and my low level buddy got put up against four, top-of-the-game ranked players, and got miserably owned. This game lacks a sane level matching system for making the matches fair. 4.) The weapon system is total bullcrap, when you find the weapon you want, you can either: 1. Rent the weapon with in game credits for about two hours, or 2. Use $15.00 in real cash and buy the weapon for about a month. 5.) Servers are usually empty, and very laggy. I sat for three hours waiting for my game to join the server, only to find out that the server I was attempting to join banned me for not being from China. 6.) Game play isn't that bad, but the games anti-cheat system was shockingly bad. Almost every server I join had at least one person who used wall hacks or aimbot, and it lasted for about 15 minutes before he got kicked.

Overall, this game was fun, but it doesn't have that element that makes you want to keep playing it. If you do play it, be an Enforcer, the best police force on the planet!
  17. Apr 21, 2013
    This is a good game at the start, but after you have got what you want and thing that the starter gun is the best and cheapest, the constant doing the same missions about 100 times each gets a little dull, and you end up just having fun when you crash into things in a car.
  18. Jul 3, 2013
    If you can see past the bugs, the premium balance issues and the repetitive gameplay, APB Reloaded is quite a nice game. The customization is very good (even for non-paying players) and you can customize a lot of stuff. Even though the gameplay is a bit repetitive and lacking in content, what is there is OK to keep you occupied for a couple hours every day. The worst part about this gameIf you can see past the bugs, the premium balance issues and the repetitive gameplay, APB Reloaded is quite a nice game. The customization is very good (even for non-paying players) and you can customize a lot of stuff. Even though the gameplay is a bit repetitive and lacking in content, what is there is OK to keep you occupied for a couple hours every day. The worst part about this game is really the occasional lack of balance when you keep dying to people who buy better (premium) guns and armor while you get to grind for a whole week just to get an assault rifle. Aside from that, I would recommend this game. It's far from "great" but it's good enough. Expand
  19. Apr 18, 2014
    At first glance APB reloaded looks like a GTA clone with mmo aspects, but don't be fooled. Even though you can steal cars and a few other things, the game plays much more like a generic shooting game similar to COD. You are given a variety of missions, but in the end each mission is basically a team deathmatch. It is fun at first, but gets repetitive too soon. The various things you canAt first glance APB reloaded looks like a GTA clone with mmo aspects, but don't be fooled. Even though you can steal cars and a few other things, the game plays much more like a generic shooting game similar to COD. You are given a variety of missions, but in the end each mission is basically a team deathmatch. It is fun at first, but gets repetitive too soon. The various things you can do that are not a basic deathmatch are mundane and tedious. One nice thing the game has to offer is its detailed customization, but not even the diversity of outfits makes up for its mediocre gameplay. APB is fun for a while, but it is probably not a game you will end up playing for very long. Expand
  20. Jan 8, 2015
    I think is a fun game if just the cheaters don't appears, or P2W people. But anyway, is the Creator's fault, puting his game like a work first than a great entertainement for the users. I play this since almost 2 years ago, and i know it have some bugs and fail on servers, like, i was 114 rank till (HAN) server got lonely (I don't know why) and i had to move to Joker. There's a fail inI think is a fun game if just the cheaters don't appears, or P2W people. But anyway, is the Creator's fault, puting his game like a work first than a great entertainement for the users. I play this since almost 2 years ago, and i know it have some bugs and fail on servers, like, i was 114 rank till (HAN) server got lonely (I don't know why) and i had to move to Joker. There's a fail in class users too, like a "T" killing a Gold or Silver user with a simply STAR 556 without mods. I mean, WTF. But anyway, stills my favourite game, and at least i don't P2W, and i never cheated so, if maybe people kills me is because they are noob cheaters so i stay calm and keep playing. I know is a little unfair cause, i wasted most of my time on it and it's hard to level up. Maybe is because i never pay for it? Anyway, gamers first becomes P2WinFirst.
    Talking about the game physics, i don't have anything more than, it sucks, with all letters. S-U-C-K-S.
    Talking about missions, users find always the way to troll the game rules to win faster, and it have to be fair and change the way we can win or lose.
    Talking about unreal money, if you don't have premium is a little hard to get being a Cop, but being a Robber anyone can kill you when you are Five Stars Reputation. So, there's a good and bad things being a Police or a Criminal. The best thing that the game have is socialization, the character, car and symbol designer is pretty fun and creative.
    The advice is, always, stay with gold/silver people, even if a stupid bronze can be better than a gold many times, always, be with silver/gold people, and make a great team work. Great team work can be better than a stupid cheater. =)
  21. Apr 19, 2016
    The good things

This game is brilliant fun to play. I keep coming back to it. On top of that the customization is brilliant. The bad things In a nutshell, this seems to be down to an apathetic developer. Lack of moderation, no updates, no communication, rampant hackers, banning the wrong accounts when they do take action, inadequate anti-cheat software. The list goes on and on. I'd
    The good things

The bad things
    In a nutshell, this seems to be down to an apathetic developer. Lack of moderation, no updates, no communication, rampant hackers, banning the wrong accounts when they do take action, inadequate anti-cheat software. The list goes on and on. I'd say gamersfirst is so negligent, that paying customers should probably start a class action lawsuit to get their pound of flesh and use the proceeds to crowdfun a carbon copy of the game.

Still, the basic game is such fun that I can't stop playing it. It's just a sad story of unrealized potential. The world would probably be better off if G1 just open sourced the game, so that some people who actually care about what they're doing pick it up and let it realize its incredible potential.

1. Aug 7, 2012
    This isn't a great game, it's not even a good game, but it is the closest thing we've got to a cops-and-robbers MMO - which is, I suspect, one of the all-time great video game concepts. One day, somebody's going to do it right, and they're going to become very rich indeed.
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    Although APB has a few good ideas, the execution just isn't fun enough. It presents itself as an online Grand Theft Auto, but in its core is nothing more than deathmatch in an open world. Shooting isn't balanced well, and the number of missions is so limited that it becomes a bore really fast.
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    The immediacy of the game with fast missions and compact worlds allows constant action, which grants immediate satisfaction. However, it takes more than flowered shirts and deadly shotguns to create a committed relationship with the player.