APB: Reloaded PC

5.7

1. Dec 7, 2011
    Very fun to play with friends. Alone it's not as fun but still it is. Being a nice change to other Free 2 play MMOs. There were alot of bugs in the earlier version but they are mostly fixed. New patches and updates are coming so the game won't get boring for a while. The game looks good and even with minium settings.
  2. Jan 4, 2013
    This game is just unique. The combat is a little bit difficult to get used to at first but, doesn't ruin the experience of the game itself. The graphics are top notch and a lot of customization opportunities. The only problem, a great problem - is a cheaters. A lot of cheaters and some of them playing for a months before get banned even if.
  3. May 28, 2013
    My personal favorite F2P mmo. It gives you the competitive shooter play style without the in between match menus. Matches start and flow freely through the world and in between you can explore, play mini games, or otherwise. A refreshing change from, Click Start, Shoot, Die, back to menu. I feel shooters need to do away with menu systems and follow apb's dynamic world style.
    This game
    This game also features the most extensive personal customization I have ever seen in a game. You can alter nearly every and any aspect of your characters appearance. But this is not limited to your individual character; you can also heavily customize vehicles that you can speed through the city with, clothing that you can sell to other players and start your own fashion business with, personal emblems that you can spray-paint allover the city for people to see, and even customize the paint on your guns.
    Another feature that is amazing in this game is the voice communication features. The VOIP in game works in such a way that you can hear conversations people are having close by, leading to alot of hilarious scenes. You can be standing in the street and listen to players driving by argue amongst each-other over the results of their last match.
    That doesn't mean the game is not without flaws. Server lag can get frustrating, micro transactions are overpriced, and you will frequently question the validity of someones skill.…
  4. Jan 13, 2012
    APB is one of those games that when it works, it works amazingly well. Sure there are some flaws that the developers continue working on, but few games have the stunning APB moments when you with guns blazing you go around a corner just to be faced with a whole customized team hanging out the side of their van shooting you up right at the last few seconds of a mission. Maybe one of APB'sAPB is one of those games that when it works, it works amazingly well. Sure there are some flaws that the developers continue working on, but few games have the stunning APB moments when you with guns blazing you go around a corner just to be faced with a whole customized team hanging out the side of their van shooting you up right at the last few seconds of a mission. Maybe one of APB's flaws is that it actually is similar to 'real war' in that there are periods of downtime and transport, and then moments of sheer terror and 199% adrenaline. The addition of Fight Club was nice for a change of pace, and now I hope we can see the other new districts that the devs have been talking about on the message boards like the stand-alone racing game that's going to be like DeathRace 3000. Keep up the good work developers! Expand
  5. Dec 11, 2011
    The game is awesome. great to play with friends. i like the customization and the improvements to detail the G1 have made. and what makes it better is the fact you can down load it and play for free.
  6. Dec 25, 2011
    I like to describe this game as "Multiplayer Grand Theft Auto". You're in a large scale city environment with traffic, NPCs, and other characters, and its third person shooter style. The storyline behind the game makes it somewhat believable: the city has deteriorated and crime is rampant, in a last ditch effort to save the city the mayor deputizes anyone who wants to help enforce laws,I like to describe this game as "Multiplayer Grand Theft Auto". You're in a large scale city environment with traffic, NPCs, and other characters, and its third person shooter style. The storyline behind the game makes it somewhat believable: the city has deteriorated and crime is rampant, in a last ditch effort to save the city the mayor deputizes anyone who wants to help enforce laws, thus the creation the two major factions enforcers and criminals. Characters are grouped (typically groups of 2-4 or up to 8 if you call in backup) to help each other with missions that are assigned by a dispatcher depending on their faction. You can create your own groups with friends or be auto grouped. There will usually be around 80-100 people running around on any particular server, and dozens of servers, so you get to find a wide range of different people and skills. The missions fit well with the back story (eg, enforcers have to raid doors and crims have to stop raids, etc; criminals have to spray graffiti and enforcers have to stop graffiti, etc) but do lack some depth and can be repetitive.

However, the missions are just a pretext to battle against another group. When on a mission you may be matchmaked against a group of the opposing faction that is generally equal skill. The matchmaking is generally pretty good with matching players of like skill level. The best part about this game, in my opinion, is the squad based tactics and both weapon and tactics variety. The different weapons complement one another and generally create a balanced and exciting firefight. For example, a character equipped with a SMG will be very deadly at close range, but useless at far range. So he either needs to use cover of buildings/cars to race into the enemies face, or have a teammate cover him with a long-range rifle for his approach. Since it is an fairly open city environment, maneuvering and flanking opponents becomes viable strategy.

Another good aspect of the game is the visual customization for clothing and vehicles. With an in-game mini graphics designer, its possible to create almost any design for your vehicle or clothing.

I've played this both in beta and after its release on steam. The biggest change at official release is the introduction of punkbuster and the elimination of cheaters running aimbots, etc. Two big thumbs up in this area, almost all cheaters are out of the game and banned now.

The game can be very addictive and has lots of continual play value as you constantly unlock weapons, vehicles, and perks.
  7. Dec 8, 2011
    This is one of the best third person shooters on a PC - Everything what GTA could never be ! Love the new fight club which makes the game more exciting than anything else out there. And, wow, just love the hot chicks in the trailer !!
  8. Dec 11, 2011
    If you ever played cops and robbers as a kid you'll love this game. Not only does it let you be a criminal, like most of the games out there but you get to get back at them as well by being an Enforcer (free lance cop),
    the fact that its FREE is the S***nittlebam. I have never seen a game that allows you to customize your avatar as much as this game. its insane the all my avatars tattoos are completely custom. the system allows you to use basic shapes and other stock images to create any thing you want. i have seem every thing from complex tribal to people walking around looking like robots, super heroes. and some other weird stuff... the in-game play is quite fast and easy to get the hang of if you have played games like grand theft auto or saints row.
  9. Dec 11, 2011
    APB: Reloaded is an enjoyable game that has the real potential to be a market leader in MMO-FPS open-world simulation. Visuals [9/10]

Technical - Gorgeous visuals built of UT3 that are highly scalable even on systems just meeting minimum requirements. These are strong visuals, especially for a F2P game. On my moderate system I wasable to run the game at maximum settings with 8xAA (beta feature) enabled. Pop-in of vehicles is common, but buildings are rendered at a good draw distance (except when you spawn). Artistic â
  10. Dec 9, 2011
    If they manage to keep updating and fixing stuffm, then they are absolutely doing a great job. I liked the RTW version but it was so broken, i certainly see great improvements. Very good team game, playing alone when being a high rank is risky though.
  11. Dec 10, 2011
    Been playing since Open Beta was announced. The game is quite enjoyable. I have over 1500hours log, and can say i have the best knowledge about the game.

Lets start off with the customization tool in this game, its brilliant! The level of customization you can do to your character is beyond your imagination. All it takes is time, and manipulation of the tools. I have seen designs that I thought wouldn't have worked. The vehicle customize tool is just as good, you can also buy upgrades parts to your car either by Unlock or some by the Armas Market.

Music is in this game, is another factor that makes your character unique. By this im talking about KILL THEMES! When you kill a player in APB a theme is played to the person you killed. You can design your theme/song at any music studio place in the social district. This is another customize tool that is limitless.

Now on to game play.

APB Reloaded has two functions as of right now. Missions, and Fight club. Missions are supplied by the contact you pledge to, and by pledging to certain contact, you will unlock new gear, weapons, and vehicles. The deeper you go into contacts the better the items you can unlock.

Missions are played in to open worlds Financial District, and Waterfront District. You can go anywhere freely when in these districts. Once you pledge to a contact, you then will receive a mission. These mission most of the time start off unopposed, then you get opposition to fight against. Either you will be attacking, or defending. Fight Club
    This game play is a team death match, or a capture points type missions. You can not pledge to contacts while in this district, but you can level up your roles by killing players with certain weapons. Its more for endgame players. The matches take place in two districts Baylon, or beacon. The matches are fast pace, and can be quite fun.

APB RELOADED has a lot of functions that even I cant cover with a 5000 character limit on this review. All i can say is try it. Its free2play, with option to upgrade to premium for 10dollars a month. Its well worth the price, for what you get. Plus the discount on weapons if you choose to buy them from the armas market.

Try it out!
  12. Dec 10, 2011
    Most of the attractive games of currently available,
    you have a chance to run around killing innocents,
    different types of guns give a nice diversity, so if your sick of running into the heat of the battle you can always take a long range weapon and help out by covering your group/team mates,what makes it different from all the shooters out there? you have a different style of shooting
    Most of the attractive games of currently available,
    you have a chance to run around killing innocents,
    you can always take a long range weapon and help out by covering your group/team mates,what makes it different from all the shooters out there? you have a different style of shooting that isn't even close related to anything we have available on the market, some interesting in-game text's, different contacts npc's that give away missions, and unlock new features for you,
    who are besides looking different have their own character.
    Not only that you have a chance to create a unique criminal/enforcer, with a lot of customization's available not only for your facial features, but on your whole body
    your car and all of your clothes.
    Even if your not the best shooter in the game, you can always find friendly people
    with which you can become friends or even form a clan.
    In-game graphics look great on maximum settings everything is glistering,
    and even on everything on minimum, game still looks really good.
  13. Dec 11, 2011
    if you like gta then ApB is the place for you APB is hands down better. Gamersfirst have done a lot to this game to bring it forward from RTW with the new FIGHT CLUB it just got better where you can just get in shoot to your hears content best thing of all for me is you can do so much with customization with cars , Crims , Enforcer , Theams , guns , mods the list goes on. for me its theif you like gta then ApB is the place for you APB is hands down better. Gamersfirst have done a lot to this game to bring it forward from RTW with the new FIGHT CLUB it just got better where you can just get in shoot to your hears content best thing of all for me is you can do so much with customization with cars , Crims , Enforcer , Theams , guns , mods the list goes on. for me its the best Shoot 'Em Up ive ever played this game easy get a 10 Expand
  14. Dec 11, 2011
    Ive played this game for a long time now and love it i dont know why ppl must dog it its one of the best shooters on the market. so thats my opionion and i love this game keep up the good work G1 but this game has a big learning curve. so for all the players that stick with this game and see the tactics invaled then u may knock it but entel u play the game more then 300 hr plz dont knockIve played this game for a long time now and love it i dont know why ppl must dog it its one of the best shooters on the market. so thats my opionion and i love this game keep up the good work G1 but this game has a big learning curve. so for all the players that stick with this game and see the tactics invaled then u may knock it but entel u play the game more then 300 hr plz dont knock it come on now Expand
  15. Dec 10, 2011
    This game is endless fun! Like others have said the RTW version was full of bugs but K2 Network is ironing most of them out. On top of destroying most of the bugs in the game they have also made the game transition to a F2P very well!
  16. Mar 23, 2012
    This game is one of the better out there. I really haven't seen what this game provides in many other games. This is indeed what you'd call a multiplayer version of GTA, but at the same time I prefer this. The freedom in this game is a lot bigger than in GTA. Now, I haven't played GTA all that much, I've tried it, played the first missions of GTA IV but that's all. One, if not the onlyThis game is one of the better out there. I really haven't seen what this game provides in many other games. This is indeed what you'd call a multiplayer version of GTA, but at the same time I prefer this. The freedom in this game is a lot bigger than in GTA. Now, I haven't played GTA all that much, I've tried it, played the first missions of GTA IV but that's all. One, if not the only downside is that the missions might get a little repetitive after a while. However the game provides so much else to do that it's just a minor problem. And if you decide to play it, try the street racing. It's awesome. Expand
  17. Jul 31, 2014
    Insanely Fun game, I have around 700+ hours into this game. New Anti-cheat system, 212 hackers gone the first day. This game is not P2W at all. I've seen teams get ruined by the starting gun. I have a friend who forced himself to use nothing but the pistol, he started out horrible, now he takes out entire groups with just the pistol.

This game is about skill and practice. You will not

This game is about skill and practice. You will not jump in and be the greatest shooter on the planet. You will lose, you will rage, you will either sink or swim. I recommend not getting this game If you have anger issues. I am not the greatest player, I lose a lot , but I still have fun. It is those close matches where you really enjoy the game.

The customization in this game is on an entirely different level. You can pretty much make anything... I am a ninja turtle with a shotgun. I created the turtle van. I've seen some really great designs in this game. There really is no other game that can match this type of customization.

They are working on improving the matchmaking system, and will be upgrading the game engine soon as well. It's definitely worth checking out.
  18. Dec 9, 2011
    Have been playing APB since the release, i've been a fan since and i do think that Gamersfirst improved the game as much as they could do (They are still amateurs) so dont expect it to go well and fast, The base created by Realtime Worlds a few years ago is really good and i do think if Realtime Worlds made it F2P i probably would have gave it a 10, i will give it a 8 since the base isHave been playing APB since the release, i've been a fan since and i do think that Gamersfirst improved the game as much as they could do (They are still amateurs) so dont expect it to go well and fast, The base created by Realtime Worlds a few years ago is really good and i do think if Realtime Worlds made it F2P i probably would have gave it a 10, i will give it a 8 since the base is really good but the improvements are minimal! Expand
  19. Dec 11, 2011
    This game is one of the best I have ever played. Gamersfirst have done a lot to help the game and the community related side to the game. The recent additions to content have also given a taste of what is to come and the game is getting better and better. I Was so glad to see it come back after it was taken off the market. Good job G1!
  20. Dec 15, 2011
    if you love playing your gta games online then this is the game for you, at first i was quite lost in this game but after time you get use to the controls and feel of the game. over all i love this game and i support it.
  21. Dec 11, 2011
    Awesome game. I've been around since RTW closed beta days and G1 has done a lot with it since then. Weapons are actually balanced now, so not everyone is using the weapon of the month like in RTW days. They have been pretty busy adding more features and hopefully not far from the new districts ;). My suggestion though when you play it make sure you find a clan or group of people to play with.
  22. Dec 13, 2011
    The ONLY one!!! Half shooting, half driving, the only original with this winning formula, in fact the missions are not always the same, because you can do your job in different ways.
    This game is maden for playing in groups or better in a clan, for me is the best, all the rest of games, are arenas, with the same war ideas.
    So play enforcers, or choose an criminal and come to play and have
    So play enforcers, or choose an criminal and come to play and have fun with us!!!
  23. Nov 4, 2012
    I like this idea of a multiplayer open-world atmosphere and I like the freedom. This game is interesting in many ways and you never know what will happen next! The only downside to this game is the FPS issues in medium-end systems. I haven't encountered any bugs and I have two characters - a criminal and an enforcer. Surprisingly, I enjoy playing as the enforcer even though it may beI like this idea of a multiplayer open-world atmosphere and I like the freedom. This game is interesting in many ways and you never know what will happen next! The only downside to this game is the FPS issues in medium-end systems. I haven't encountered any bugs and I have two characters - a criminal and an enforcer. Surprisingly, I enjoy playing as the enforcer even though it may be harder for some players. Good game overall but the FPS issues really need to resolve soon to get servers populated. 8/10 :) Expand
  24. Feb 19, 2012
    If you look past the poorly done match making and absurd prices in the cash shop the game is loads of fun and even better with friends! Firstly the bullet lag as any shooter game you would want to be on less than 100 ping at any given moment, full stop. With APB however, this is sadly not true for those outside of the US West/East and EU locations (Another server I forget where it'sIf you look past the poorly done match making and absurd prices in the cash shop the game is loads of fun and even better with friends! Firstly the bullet lag as any shooter game you would want to be on less than 100 ping at any given moment, full stop. With APB however, this is sadly not true for those outside of the US West/East and EU locations (Another server I forget where it's located) so for many Australians like myself a constant 200 ping can be a real turnoff at times, no amount of skill can make up for it at times when your opponents bullet register before you. Even worse is the people that hipfire and strafe around, commonly using an OCA (Sub machine gun) because theres clearly a 0.5-1 second delay, if you clip the edge of them and you clearly see it on your machine, the server sees it differently because of this delay, I haven't experienced anything out of the outdinary (Lag wise) just the typical lag I get in all shooters that don't have Oceanic servers available so it's not exactly something I can downvote them for.

Moving on to the weapons, at first you may think it's 'Pay to win' But thats only because of the fact you're a low rank. Let me try and explain this as best as I can, the items in the cash shop are unique but by no means are they overpowered, you can eventually get the same sort of weapons, if not better, by unlocking the weapons (Through the contacts first) and then killing people with those weapons.
    For example, you unlock basic weapons and slightly modified weapons through contact standing (You do missions to earn standing with the contacts, theres typically tiers 1-10 and once you reach tier 10 you will be referred to a new contact for new rewards, weapons, clothing, vehicles, mods, ect.) Once you unlock the basic weapons or otherwise already modified you kill opponents to rank up that class of weaponry (Sub machine guns unlock a mod that increases firerate but increase bullet spread and decreases accuracy) and in return unlocks weapons with slots to put those mods in (Up to 3 level 3 mods). So once you reach a higher rank you can easily compete with any premium and paying player, using skill you can easily kill any player reguardless.

The vehicles, you can unlock them through contacts (Mentioned above) and the ones you buy from the contacts (Or NPC shop) you can change the colour, put decals on and tailor it to suit you, the F2P player is only allowed to put on 7 decals however and premium is allowed a maximum 50. This does some what limit your creativity or increase it depending on what you do, with a creative brain you can do some pretty amazing designs although I will stress that the vehicle customisation on F2P users is very limited as i'll explain further.
    No longer can you unlock kits (Body kits, spoilers, exausts, rims, ect.) without paying, to unlock any of the physical details you need to fork out around $20 US for just 1 kit on a car (Absurd pricing, I know) but you can however just like weapons put mods into it that provide a benefit (Things such as, reduce bullet damage by 10% whilst also reducing max speed by 5%) and you will unlock more of them. On the otherside you can however, purchase already customised vehicles from the Auction house with kits and everything, all for ingame money, the only downside? You can't change it at all, only put mods in if it has slots available.

The clothing has an amazing variety of choices, you can truly customise yourself to be unique or even mimic your favourite character as I did (Shaggy character with a mystery machine van to go along with it) the choices for any user, F2P or Premium is staggering, not just clothing but changing the structure of your face, your body type and hair (Things like, making your fringe longer and the back of your hair less spikey) this is definately a strong point in APB:R.

To cap it all off
    Pro's - Amazing customisation - Fun arcade shooter
    - Good on the F2P, average if you care about vehicle customisation as much as I do
    - Great fun with friends

Con's - Cash shop is hilarious expensive, $60+ US for a permanent weapon thats no better than something you can buy later down in the game except for the model of the weapon, $10 or something for a 10 day hire
    - Match making is still very poor and unfair at the best of times which is why it's best to roll with friend(s)

The reviews seem too harsh on the game, more so about it's connection but you've got to remember, it's still a shooter in essence, you're going to get screwed over because of latency at times no matter. I would like to write more about the game (Ram raiding, the atmosphere of the game, the missions) but theres not enough space, I'll leave it at this. A fun arcade shooter in an open world enviroment that offers countless hours of fun with decent graphics.
  25. Dec 20, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. nothing to say , you must see it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!only fun fun and fun !!! spend a lot of time to it , and spend much more with no pity ! like or don"t it is you solution , but you never forget it ! Expand
  26. Aug 31, 2012
    I came here to give this game a 10/10 to compensate for some of the just plain, horribly stupid comments rampaging throughout APBR's MC score.

First off, the game is great. It's fun. But it is not without its flaws. I'd say it's definitely a far-cry from what it was when RTW screwed up. Character customization in this game cannot be rivaled by anything else on the market. From body tweaks, hair styles, tattoos and piercings to completely customized cars and clothing - it's amazing. I love it for that. (and the newly introduced weapon skins are a plus too!)

In this game's aspect I only wish they would hurry up and introduce more clothing locker space already.

As far as gameplay goes, driving isn't as bad as it used to be. With some good practice (like actual driving) it's easy-peasy. There are latency problems here and there (which I would imagine they're working on a fix for) and since it's a bit of a resource hog, it would probably help that people complaining about this sort of lag, disable ALL background programs. You do not need to be downloading porn and facebooking while shooting people in APB.

Now, for my biggest gripe with the people who whine about ABPR.

The meaning of the term - PAY TO WIN.

When game developers make available weapons and modifications (usually powerful) that aren't already available via NORMAL GAME PROGRESSION. Yes, there are equal and greater weapon variants available to you through normal gameplay. That's right. This complaint with some of the game's playerbase holds absolutely no validity. The solution, for those of you using this as your main complaint, from me to you, is that you should simply learn to play. Make progress. Spewing venom on metacritic and other message boards only makes you look moronic.

APB:R - 10 out of freakin' 10, cause it's the most unique FTP MMO available (in its genre).
  27. May 24, 2012
    Ignore the "Critic" reviews. This game is great and it's free to play. You can put money into it if you want and I'm sure you will if you enjoy it, they need to make money to keep it in development obviously. Ok it has a few annoyances but which game does not? Great urban warfare with car chases thrown in, as for the mass hacking claims, I've seen a few people here and there but nowhereIgnore the "Critic" reviews. This game is great and it's free to play. You can put money into it if you want and I'm sure you will if you enjoy it, they need to make money to keep it in development obviously. Ok it has a few annoyances but which game does not? Great urban warfare with car chases thrown in, as for the mass hacking claims, I've seen a few people here and there but nowhere near as bad as people claim. Most of the time it's generally a better player out classing you.

The game does take a while to get used to due to the obscure button choices and the tutorial could be a bit better for getting beginners onto the road but all in all I'm loving this game. If you like the scene in the movie HEAT where they fight their way out of the bank and 12 v 12 pvp then this game is for you.
  28. Aug 27, 2012
    This game is a gem, all the idiots below that gave it a zero rating need to consider the game as a whole, the information they are giving you is wrong and its their own damn fault if they didint have fun. I have played this game long enough to know that it has a really high skillset, and that they are simply noobs that cant have fun without dominating, it is a gta like game after all, blowThis game is a gem, all the idiots below that gave it a zero rating need to consider the game as a whole, the information they are giving you is wrong and its their own damn fault if they didint have fun. I have played this game long enough to know that it has a really high skillset, and that they are simply noobs that cant have fun without dominating, it is a gta like game after all, blow some steam by greifing ramdom players with a big truck. This game is great for any serious gamer that would think Guns, Cars, Customization and super sexy girls with guns is a cool thing. Free 2 play, just dont take the game seriously untill you polish your skills, 10/10, 5 000 hours of gameplay on a f2p, many share the same story. Expand
  29. Dec 13, 2011
    The best MMO TPS game I've ever played, ever-changing and full of twists. This is possible with a large conducting missions to the character customization and a personal machine almost wide.
    Often there are bugs but they are always fixed by the team GamerFirst in a timely manner. Ultimately, the best game free to play of all time
  30. Jan 18, 2013
    With 291 hours of game play i figured its about time i do a review especially after just returning back to the game after long break from APB Ok its a good game it has the makings to be good game and is in a class of its own which these days is rare i like the game and enjoy playing there is so much to do i could go on forever about its good points which really do out wight the bad TheWith 291 hours of game play i figured its about time i do a review especially after just returning back to the game after long break from APB Ok its a good game it has the makings to be good game and is in a class of its own which these days is rare i like the game and enjoy playing there is so much to do i could go on forever about its good points which really do out wight the bad The game still suffers from some serious lag and use great deal of memory which people believe the game itself has the memory leak restricted to team of four is silly team of eight would be better plus as with any multiplayer game hackers are an issue But with all out crimes VS enforcers battle for streets with all weapons and cars you can poke stick at plus high customization level of cars characters and more there is so much you can do 200 hours goes by quick Picking this score took me a while but i think its worth it Expand
  31. Apr 6, 2012
    Beginning are hard. But after you'll get your first modded guns or OCA. It gets way better. Customization in this game is really awesome, but on the other hand you must have premium (10 USD) and it is only for 30 days. Playing with friends is really big fun. After a while when you'll get skill in this game, you'll find out that premium players (most of them) with premium guns are reallyBeginning are hard. But after you'll get your first modded guns or OCA. It gets way better. Customization in this game is really awesome, but on the other hand you must have premium (10 USD) and it is only for 30 days. Playing with friends is really big fun. After a while when you'll get skill in this game, you'll find out that premium players (most of them) with premium guns are really lame and easy to kill. The graphic side of the game is really cool, but a lot of players have lags, because the engine isn't the best. When you reach what you want like car or max level, you will not want to make another character and start from beginning. Expand
  32. Dcy
    Jan 30, 2013
    I don't know why so many people gave bad ratings... The game is one of the best games in my opinion. You can customize everything: hair, clothes, car, music... (especially music: you can create songs with piano, drums, synth, and lots of instruments, like if it was a professional music maker)
    I really had very good times with this game last summer.
    You should all give it a try!
  33. Nov 1, 2013
    If you haven't played this game in the last year it's definitely worth checking out again. They have made massive improvements to the overall experience that make it much more enjoyable all around. The gameplay is similar to a GTA online style.
  34. Apr 5, 2013
    Great game it has hacker issues (but all games do now) and sometimes I rage quit because I get on a run with over powered players but I have stuck with it and gotten pretty damn good. I quit for a month or so at a time but this is the game I always come back to. Play it for fun you will like it it grows on you.
  35. Feb 15, 2013
    The game is Addictive, I have 150 hours on it and still playing hard. You earn cash towards new guns, mods, vehicles and the coolest of all a great character customization platform. I like that my character can look like a sexy bad ass while fighting enforcers, racing through streets with my friends, chilling and planning events with my clan and just having a good time on a pretty goodThe game is Addictive, I have 150 hours on it and still playing hard. You earn cash towards new guns, mods, vehicles and the coolest of all a great character customization platform. I like that my character can look like a sexy bad ass while fighting enforcers, racing through streets with my friends, chilling and planning events with my clan and just having a good time on a pretty good game, shooting it up and making explode. Sure there are flaws, but every game has one or two to point out, and at least this game rubs me the right way to make me want to go back to it again and again. I pray that soon all the potential I see in the future will come to reality, and if not I'm still satisfied with how good it feels already. Expand
  36. Mar 12, 2013
    First of all let me start by saying that I'm a rank 235 gold which is the highest rank in the game and it took me about 740 hours to achieve. This means that I'm not just a person who played the game for one day and rage uninstalled it (Most of the reviews are this kind of person) Now, This game is very unique in many ways. They're two factions in the game, the Enforcers and the Criminals.First of all let me start by saying that I'm a rank 235 gold which is the highest rank in the game and it took me about 740 hours to achieve. This means that I'm not just a person who played the game for one day and rage uninstalled it (Most of the reviews are this kind of person) Now, This game is very unique in many ways. They're two factions in the game, the Enforcers and the Criminals. To progress through the game, players level up through contacts that they can pledge to and the contacts provide various rewards. Every time a player levels a contact, he or she gains 1 rank level. (235 is the max) Although a player can purchase weapons with real money, the pay to win aspect is slowly beginning to fade away with patches. The all glorious "nano" has now been nerfed and the "op" tommy gun is now nerfed. The game's physic are actually quite hysterical and not very good at all. The game's customization is superior and one could spend hours upon hours in the social district just changing appearances of their character and cars. Now the game features four districts, financial, waterfront, fight clubs and social. Players in the financial district find themselves in more close range scenarios whilst waterfront is long range. Social is just a break from everything. Fight clubs are were most of the time the max ranked characters go to have fun while also giving joker tickets, which are also ways to get joker tickets. THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY THE GAME ISN'T PAY TO WIN, you can use joker tickets to get various ARMAS weapons without actually paying for them. Although joker tickets take awhile to get, it also removes the pay to win aspect. The combat system is ok, with each player having the same hitbox no matter the character's height or weight. Some objects can be broken and shot through (This being a glitch, not the broken part) Now overall I give this game a 9 because although it may have a somewhat broken combat system, a player can enjoy it if he or she controls their anger and rage. The game may face you up with really good players but just keep in mind, effective teamwork and coordination can beat any challenging weapon or objective Expand
  37. Apr 15, 2013
    Harsh learning curve! This is very fun game if you join a clan or play with friends! Playing solo or with pubs is torture! There are hackers but most are very dumb! Think of just playing on expert mode on any shooter game. Great customization. I bought it back when Rtw was in charge so my review is legit
  38. Apr 25, 2013
    Very fun game once you really spend some time with it. unparalleled customization features, constant updates to the game and an overall fun experience.
  39. Dec 22, 2013
    This game is amazing. There is lots of guns and customization with cars, guns, and characters. You can choose to be a criminal (rob, mug, commit crimes) or enforcer (PvP with the criminals). The missions are a bit repetitive. Its a fun game if you have friends, and it will take some time for you to have fun, but its great, everyone looking for a fun game that is free, install this.
  40. Feb 13, 2014
    Reading the reviews on this game, I am not surprised that the reviewers have rated it low.

Let's get something out of the way first; APB: Reloaded is HARD to get into. Especially when you start, the game is balls-to-the-wall batsh*t crazy hard. Don't expect an easy time, because this game will rearrange your face for days. Why? The shooting feels weird to begin with, the driving feels floaty, and you can be matched with anyone in a district (the 45 v 45 servers that you play on), and there are no restrictions to what they can bring into a fight. One minute, you could be fighting people just as green as you, and the next, you're fighting someone who's played the game for an era, tooled out with the very latest in rocket-propelled newb crushing devices. Is this a bad thing? I'd argue no, because this extremely harsh treatment forces you to learn; your enemies will teach you things without you even knowing it, and to an equal extent, so will your allies; for example, I never know you could jump-kick a door (and hence taking me out of the line of fire, and opening the door at the same time) until one of my opponents, who was wrecking me, did it (and then proceeded to wreck me, but that's a different story). Some will not like this, and that is OK, as it's understandable. This game is way better with friends, you can co-ordinate, and just generally have a good laugh.

When you invest time, this game starts to flourish. You unlock more stuff to deck out your character with, and the customization is on an extent that, to this day, has not been replicated on any other title. You can customize your character's clothes with various symbols, and the customization editor is, if you have the time to spend, not difficult to learn. Simply walking through the Social District (the place where you buy and customize) shows a massive range of customization, from the terrifying to the superb.

After a bit of practice, the combat begins to make sense; this is a fast-paced game, and the shooting reflects that. While yes, it still has a certain feel of floaty-ness, and this is a just criticism, the shooting starts to fit after a few hours. The same applies to the driving, you'll begin by crashing into walls and spinning out to no end, and within a few hours, you'll be drifting with the best of them.

For all of those people crying "PAY TO WIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN", no, that is wrong. Most weapons you can buy with in-game money is equal, if not better, than it's paid counter-part. For example, the ATAC 424 (which is a paid assault rifle), is completely outclassed past 20 meters by the N-TEC (a free-to-play assault rifle that looks like an AK). Or, a popular title for the game's most pay-to-win weapon, the HVR Scout (a sniper rifle that you can jump-shoot with and still maintain accuracy), is beaten easily by a competent player with the free sniper-rifle, the HVR-762 (way more damage, and jumping makes his path extremely predictable). The only gun that, in my opinion, is pay-to-win is the OCA Nano, which can only be obtained out of the random boxes you can buy, or in the in-game marketplace, sold by players for a lot of money. Towards the end of the game, you can get it for free from daily missions from the last mission givers, so even then, it's not really "pay" to win.

So, to conclude, APB is a hard game, played best with friends, which requests that you put time in to learn the game instead of just shouting "THIS GAME SUUUUXXXXX" and throwing mouse/controller/headset/family pet at the wall.
  41. Jan 24, 2014
    This is probably the most fun I've ever had playing online games. Sure it takes a while to get used to the mechanics of the game and to level your characters, but once you hit that sweet spot of being able to kill other players with reasonable gear the fun is never ending. Nothing compares to blowing up a car full of enemy players with your rocket launcher and having them whisper you in aThis is probably the most fun I've ever had playing online games. Sure it takes a while to get used to the mechanics of the game and to level your characters, but once you hit that sweet spot of being able to kill other players with reasonable gear the fun is never ending. Nothing compares to blowing up a car full of enemy players with your rocket launcher and having them whisper you in a rage. The customisation is one of the best I've seen on any game, there's literally nothing you cant create. The biggest factor for me in the pvp aspect of the game as the challenge never stops because your always fighting against other players just as good as you are. The 2 cities are large enough never to get bored and the missions are varied enough to keep it interesting. The community seems consistent and its not really pay to win as there are always ways to kill enemies with paid for items, you just have to use teamwork.
    The game also features a fantastic soundtrack and you can import your own music to play in your car as you drive around.
    I have no idea why this game has a low user score and I give it 10/10, plus its free!
    The $10 sub per month gives you faster levelling and quicker access to better equipment plus more cash/exp for winning missions.
  42. Jan 24, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. This game is fun to someone who just wants to have some online action, and drive a car and run people over! But there are some fall-backs. It is hard to start off the game, and it is hard to be a beginner at level one playing against experienced players at level 50. But all-in-all, it is a good game.
  43. May 3, 2014
    APB Reloaded is extremely fun. The only thing keeping it from a perfect 10 is the Joker tickets and rented guns. It's nearly impossible to get Joker tickets unless you buy them with real money, and the amazing guns are only allow you to have them for 7 or 8 days! That's kind of ridiculous. Overall, its a great game that is very fun.
  44. Oct 22, 2014
    One of my favourite games, and I give it the highest score-BUT...here's the issues:

1. Cheaters! Although they are still present, cheaters do not last long, as they brought in a new system called fairfight, which seems to work well, so you'll find a lot less cheaters now. 2. You need a good machine. Forget using a 5 year old PC, you need the FPS's to play this game, 60 would be good.

2. You need a good machine. Forget using a 5 year old PC, you need the FPS's to play this game, 60 would be good. The game is VERY CPU intensive so do NOT fall in the trap of getting a good graphics card but skimp on the CPU. Get an I5 or a 6-8 core AMD for this!! MAny players perform terribly because they get only 20-30fps.

3. matchmaking. Each map has around 90-100 players, 45-50 on a side, which means that you will not always be able to be matched with someone of your skill. Sometimes you will be faced with a teamspeaking team of 4 who are very experiences, and you will get destroyed. Other times you will be put against new players and completely destroy them. But most of the time I find the matchmaking ok. The worst experience is when you play solo with a random group against a team of experienced teamspeakers. If that happens just accept you will lose badly and move on to the next mission.

If you can invest the hours and become decent (learning curve is high), it is tons of fun

A word of advice is to play with friends, it's tons of fun. I play solo and although I have fun, it's not quite the same thing.
  45. Feb 25, 2015
    FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this game. if anybody likes mmo and open world this is for you. it is fun to play. you can be a goodie or a baddy . steal cars or have your own. sometimes mine lags but thats teeny. FUN!!!
  46. Feb 2, 2016
    Some people on APB might be douchebags but it's fun to piss them off even more when you're winning. Despite the premium and purchasable weapons and stuff in the game it really doesn't seem like a pay-to-win game contrary to popular belief. I used to play it on my laptop at home and hated it but I played it at a gaming center on their computers and everything was awesome (graphics, internetSome people on APB might be douchebags but it's fun to piss them off even more when you're winning. Despite the premium and purchasable weapons and stuff in the game it really doesn't seem like a pay-to-win game contrary to popular belief. I used to play it on my laptop at home and hated it but I played it at a gaming center on their computers and everything was awesome (graphics, internet with no lag, etc.). Expand

1. Aug 7, 2012
    This isn't a great game, it's not even a good game, but it is the closest thing we've got to a cops-and-robbers MMO - which is, I suspect, one of the all-time great video game concepts. One day, somebody's going to do it right, and they're going to become very rich indeed.
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    Although APB has a few good ideas, the execution just isn't fun enough. It presents itself as an online Grand Theft Auto, but in its core is nothing more than deathmatch in an open world. Shooting isn't balanced well, and the number of missions is so limited that it becomes a bore really fast.
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    The immediacy of the game with fast missions and compact worlds allows constant action, which grants immediate satisfaction. However, it takes more than flowered shirts and deadly shotguns to create a committed relationship with the player.