Apocalyptica PC

• Release Date: Apr 9, 2004
3.9

1. KajetanG.
    Dec 1, 2005
    - The good part: We have very nice music, we have a nice graphics engine, some nice levels, a buddy who fights at your side, some tactical oders to give and an interesting scenario. - The bad part: The gameplay , the mission design, the AI. The game itself! It's .. well ... not finished? Or poorly designed from the beginning? The combat is a mess, no tactics, just sluggish clicking - The good part: We have very nice music, we have a nice graphics engine, some nice levels, a buddy who fights at your side, some tactical oders to give and an interesting scenario. - The bad part: The gameplay , the mission design, the AI. The game itself! It's .. well ... not finished? Or poorly designed from the beginning? The combat is a mess, no tactics, just sluggish clicking and hoping to hit someone. Sword combinations? Well, they may be implented, but not connected with the mouse input. Horrible! And the mission design is ... well ... ehrm ... read the Eurogamer Review. I gave up at this point, because there are WAY BETTER games to spend my time with. Stay away from this game, please! Collapse
  2. BrianL.
    Dec 23, 2004
    Unique, exciting PC game! Built upon the skill of Konami, fast paced futuristic combat set in a World that resembles UT2004 but with character! Cut screens add to the polished aspect of the game. The few individuals that gave it a poor score probably never reached any of the levels where the game really shines! Konami always believed you have to earn it to see it! -Brian
  3. Sintax
    Jan 18, 2004
    Not as bad as the critics say - this has very good visuals. easy responsive controls and a good soundtrack - try before u buy.

1. Terrible from top to bottom, suffering from bland, derivative gameplay, simplistic level design, brain-dead AI, and a buggy graphics engine that chugs even at low resolution.
  2. Cheat Code Central
    Apocalyptica may not accurately portray the end of the world but it does nothing to preserve the future of gaming as we know it. Let us hope this is not a sign.
  3. PC Gamer
    Combat is largely devoid of any tactics, and the only interesting aspect of the fighting is a two-fisted system that lets you swing a sword with one hand and fire a gun with the other. [July 2004, p.68]