4.0

1. Oct 24, 2010
    As a fan of Gothic 1, 2 and (somewhat) 3, I didn't enjoy the game. From the start, it was failing one by one all expectations I had for a game promoted under "Gothic" brand. Among the major disappointments:

1) The hero is a wuss. Gothic games are traditionally built around rugged, self-reliant, morally ambiguous character. In Arcania, the character is a pathetic simpleton, whose life ambition is (you gotta be kidding me) is to get married. Also featuring charming looks of a stereotypical junior office manager. 2) The dialogs are a rip-off. RPG computer game is not supposed to be exactly a work of high art, but *dialogs are supposed to make sense*. Characters in Arcania drivel. Dialogs in the game are built from trivial statements, repetitions and linearity.

3) Limited freedom. For example, in Gothic it was possible to attack any NPC in the game, usually with dire consequences (e.g. the whole town population became hostile). Psychologically, it makes the player feel responsible for his actions, which is an important part of game atmosphere. In Arcania, you are unable to harm NPC, unless he or she was specifically designated as hostile by the game. 4) Character development is a sham. It could be a minor point, if the game was good otherwise. For example, recent Mass Effect 2 also has a greatly simplified character development, but it is still a great RPG. For Arcania, however, it is yet another nail into the coffin.

5) Poor performance on Windows XP. The saying is that the game was optimized for DX 11. On WinXP, with minimal configurations, it looks much worse than, say, Risen and runs slower. This problem is *not* fixed by the first performance patch (distributed shortly after the release). Probably, it will get better with subsequent patches. However, until then I strongly recommend against using the game under Windows XP.

Don't get me wrong, though. The game is not all bad, it is just a huge disappointment for most of the old Gothic fans. If you are new to the series, you may like it. The graphics is awesome and the combat system is not bad at all. If you are a fan of Gothic series, try something else. Risen is real good unless you have played it already.

In general, Arcania seems like a step towards casual gaming, of which I strongly disapprove. It's certainly a bad idea to make a casual game from an epic, atmospheric RPG such as Gothic. Good casual games are many, good RPGs are scarce. Now it's one less.
  2. Oct 27, 2017
    Este juego no lo he podido jugar nunca, desde que lo compre habia pensado que era el windows que tenia pero ahora que cambio de version no funciona. me gustaria que me dijeran como puedo jugarlo.
  3. Mar 25, 2011
    When I played it for the first time, I was more disappointed than I thought I will. Spellbound did really bad job on that one.. It is a merely a continuation of previous Gothics. Only two good things that I am able to come up with are the graphics and improved fighting style (Compared to Gothic 3). Improved doesn't mean good though.. Most of opponents we face during the game we won't haveWhen I played it for the first time, I was more disappointed than I thought I will. Spellbound did really bad job on that one.. It is a merely a continuation of previous Gothics. Only two good things that I am able to come up with are the graphics and improved fighting style (Compared to Gothic 3). Improved doesn't mean good though.. Most of opponents we face during the game we won't have any problems with. Character faces not only repeat often, but people all seem the same even when talking to them. I must admit I didn't beat the game, but I've played it for plenty of hours and I must say it is really monotonous.. The quests we do are boring and nothing we never seen.. "Go there, collect this.. kill him/it/them.. bring me that.. find me some of these.. talk to him.." As far as I've seen the storyline, I completely didn't like it. Bringing up some characters from old Gothics is only as much as it relates to previous series. Oh, this, and creatures from Gothic series. The world isn't really interesting to explore at all. We often are forced to visit caves and all of them look a lie and have the same schematics. We enter the cave, do a circle and come out just where we entered, only that we need to jump down. They made exits high so players wouldn't be able to go this way after entering the cave. And in each damn cave it's the same story. The world isn't open anymore, we unlock locations. We don't have NPC as teachers to increase our stats, we just choose what we want to improve after leveling up. Bah! We don't even need a smithy to make a sword. We can forge one standing in the middle of swamp. Same for potions any anything else. Makes the game way too simple, and makes it seem like developers made this game for little kids, for which previous Gothics were too complicated. One thing I also don't understand is that we are able to choose "American" version of colours and textures which make game to seem.. More.. Friendly.. Less.. Dark and evil. This really is ridiculous.. Well.. I played the game for a bit.. I was forcing myself to play it, hoping that it will get more interesting later down, but it didn't. This game disappointed me greatly, and is nothing like previous Gothics. I didn't like Gothic 3 when it was out to begin with, but Arcania... Arcania made me appreciate Gothic 3 now. Arcania made me realise how great continuation of Gothic 2, Gothic 3 is. After I seen how bad can continuation of Gothic 3 be. Gothic 4 just isn't fun. I am giving it 3, since I enjoyed it a little slightly bit at the very beginning. But the more I've played my hate for this game started to grow and grew more and more. It's just a waste of time. Let me do a quick summary. Pros: -Umm.. Graphics? -Soundtrack isn't bad.. Cons: -Monotonous. -Too easy, even on hardest difficulty. -It just isn't the same anymore... I rather call it Arcania, than Gothic.â Expand
  4. Jul 10, 2013
    Long time passed and i see critics are dumb as donkeys, who is thay, critics, no way...
    This game ruined Gothic series, we need people who could say to Jowood that you suck, bring us back pirhania crew, and dont dare to tell me that Gothic 3 was bad, you all are blind....
  5. May 18, 2011
    This game would have received a 7 from me if they hadn't had 'Gothic' in the title. Gothic means a lot to RPG fans, and this game just stole the setting and slapped on a shallow, brown-yellow exterior that made me cringe while playing it. Gone is everything that made Gothic games great in this iteration, avoid at all costs.
  6. Oct 24, 2010
    Bad game. Too much linear game I've never seen. We are kids or what, that everywhere must be only one way to complete quest? Also there is very low story. Biggest fail is graphic. Shadows and movement of trees... sorry but I must laugh... Vsync and antialiasing is missing so my eyes are hurted from that chewed edges. Fight system is also fail... just poor Hack & Slash. Sorry 3/10
  7. Nov 15, 2010
    Been playing since Gothic: 2, never have I seen such a terrible release in RPG games, this is by far the worst, extremely buggy, all the elements that have made Gothic 2 a success have been taken out, graphics are incredible, although this requires high end machines, a 0/10 maybe JoWooD might pay attention in the future and listen to the hardcore fans that badly want the Gothic gameplay back.
  8. Nov 9, 2010
    Terrible terrible game.

The dialogues are childish, the combat is just simple button mashing and the best words to describe the game world are limited, linear, restricted and boring. I am extremely disappointed with this title. It's far worse than even Gothic 3. The Gothic series is dead. Long live Gothic.
  9. Nov 14, 2010
    Very disappointed in this game after playing the first 3 Gothic games. The fighting system was a lot of fun and the graphics were amazing but the story line was completely predictable, way too short and not anything like the previous games. Really regret buying this game. A lot like Risen if anyone has played that, but with even less ability to choose your own way you want to go. If youVery disappointed in this game after playing the first 3 Gothic games. The fighting system was a lot of fun and the graphics were amazing but the story line was completely predictable, way too short and not anything like the previous games. Really regret buying this game. A lot like Risen if anyone has played that, but with even less ability to choose your own way you want to go. If you liked the previous Gothic games then you should expect about 1/3 as much fun and you won't be disappointed. If you are like me and expect a good game you will just get angry so save the money and don't buy it. Expand
  10. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not impressed. Just got done playing Darksiders 2 and playing this felt like a chore in comparison. Played Torchlight and Magicka before this and they were more interesting. Never really got into Elder Scrolls and haven't played the other Gothic games, so it could just be me and my personal standards/tastes. The pace in this is too slow. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
  11. Jan 17, 2011
    Ok, where to start... bought the game and well, disappointing is the first word that comes to mind. It feels unfinished, almost rushed. The ingredients of a great game are there, but it just doesn't deliver on any level as an RPG should. Combat is a basic hack n slash with some archery and spells thrown in, the story is weak and hardly immersing at best and the graphics and visuals areOk, where to start... bought the game and well, disappointing is the first word that comes to mind. It feels unfinished, almost rushed. The ingredients of a great game are there, but it just doesn't deliver on any level as an RPG should. Combat is a basic hack n slash with some archery and spells thrown in, the story is weak and hardly immersing at best and the graphics and visuals are filled with jaggies and shadow stutters. This isn't the worst part. When playing an RPG, immersion can outweigh weak visuals and combat... but the story along with the terrible voice acting and horrid facial expressions while talking take immersion and throw it in the garbage. The only thing that i can give to Gothic 4 is the art direction, which is let down by the game itself. If you're looking for an RPG to relieve the cravings, Gothic 4 just doesn't cut it. Expand
  12. Apr 29, 2012
    As a fan of Gothic 3 I was very dissapointed with this game, it`s just not good. I do not have much more than that to say about it. Do not buy this game unless you get it almost for free. I`m not the one who likes to say I`ve wasted my money, but I surely did when I bought this game for 50 euros. I gave it a 5 out of 10 because I did somewhat enjoy it, but at a minimal. It is also shortAs a fan of Gothic 3 I was very dissapointed with this game, it`s just not good. I do not have much more than that to say about it. Do not buy this game unless you get it almost for free. I`m not the one who likes to say I`ve wasted my money, but I surely did when I bought this game for 50 euros. I gave it a 5 out of 10 because I did somewhat enjoy it, but at a minimal. It is also short and nothing like gothic at all! Expand
  13. Dec 17, 2012
    I've played the original Gothic back in...when It came out, it was about 10 years ago. so I can hardly remember anything except I loved the game. So I won't be comparing this part with the original. I've got this game on a steam sale in "Gothic Complete Pack" for some very cheap price. I've walked through the whole game. So this is my impression:
    Pros: 1) Decent graphics 2) Decent
    Pros: 1) Decent graphics 2) Decent soundtrack Cons: 1) Weak storyline 2) Stupid and repetitive quests (all of them are fedEx or "kill them all" type) 3) Bad voice acting, bad lip sync and bad dialogues 4) Inconvenient inventory (you can't compare the item in your inventory with the one you are wearing) 5) Stupid fast travel system 6) poor combat system (all the battles are like this: you are running backwards shooting arrows/magic, because meele combat with more than one enemy is knowingly a failure) 7) Stupid AI, especially the NPCs, they will be making their ordinary deals even if their house is crowded by monsters, the guardians won't help you kill the mobs if they are in the city etc. 8) Poor roleplay/skill system. So, overall the game is playable, but I can't call it enjoyable and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it's a waste of your time.
  14. Sep 24, 2013
    This game should not be called Gothic. If, like me, you enjoyed the last three entries, and are looking forward to a fourth, you will be severely disappointed. Pretend this game is just called "Arcania" and go buy Risen.

On the other hand, if you can find the game for cheap and want a pretty action game to slash through for a couple days, you will be satisfied. Maybe. Positives: 1)

Positives:
    1) The graphics are nice
    2) The combat is engaging

Negatives:
    1) Simplified character development
    2) Linear map (no open world, despite what the promos say)
    3) No factions, or really anything else that made the Gothic series awesome
    4) Forgettable story and characters
  15. Feb 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. you dim witted shyt gothic 4, as reviews or whatever you promise before that there will be no bugs in the game, but the darn problem is the map have bugs withs is annoying as its location are between reaching leagendary forge entrance and the vocano area when you jump down from it and will speak with a monk and now i am trap there and the teleportal i tried only teleport me among that 2 teleporting place that is the colonies(outside a castle gate) and the outter jungle with is just after the vocano zone......suck game....promise that there will be no more bug and its a dumb ars map bug!!!!!!!
    so in conclusion i forever stuck there as i just want to unlock the so called innos power and stuff and thats how i ended up trap in that...place which makes me feel the main character is stupid as he just can't climb, or swim or whatever you call it as even his jumping is not high enough to get me out that that trap area..........so this game is a nooob noob game with empty promises.....as a map bug accour?....awwww that sucks
  16. Dec 5, 2011
    I am really sad on Piranha Bytes behalf when seeing how this game takes the Gothic name and stomps it into the mud. This game is proof that Jowood did not care about the Gothic series and what PB built up. Arcania is a awful attempt on being anything remotely similar to Gothic, and as a general rpg game it is really just bad on all levels. Graphics is ok, but something is justI am really sad on Piranha Bytes behalf when seeing how this game takes the Gothic name and stomps it into the mud. This game is proof that Jowood did not care about the Gothic series and what PB built up. Arcania is a awful attempt on being anything remotely similar to Gothic, and as a general rpg game it is really just bad on all levels. Graphics is ok, but something is just plain wrong about how everything looks. Be it the movement of vegetation or the waves in the sea. The shadows cast on the ground as the sun crosses over head during the day moves in large steps. It looks very strange. Sometimes during game play I got sick because the trees moved way too much, also in a very strange way. The game world itself is extremely linear and not much passion and imagination seems to have been in use when crafting it. Not all is bad with it though, but most could have been more exciting. The character you control has an incredible ability to get stuck on 2 cm high stuff everywhere. It takes away from the immersion many times. Dialog is obviously written to cater to 10 to 12 year olds and is voice acted by unsuspecting random people pulled of the street I suspect. It is the worst acting I have EVER heard in a game and there are many bad ones out there. The main storyline is weak. The side quests are all very silly. Combat is just hacking away with a weapon in the same way thousands of thousands of times. No change whatsoever. Loot is just rubbish and everything you can pick up in the gameworld is highlighted and has hovering insects etc above them. Wow, finding stuff in the game is very rewarding! Building the character is as appealing as the personality of the emo shepherd you control. Yes, an EMO SHEPHERD BOY is the hero in GOTHIC 4! How disturbingly wrong is that. The teleporters in the game only works in pairs, so you can not go to any teleporter you want, but to the one the one you use is linked with. Absolutely useless and quite shocking tbh. Also some of the teleporter are so close to each other that running the distance is faster than the loading times when using the teleport. This is game making at high level here! The lockpicking minigame on chests are absolutely pointless and stupid. The worst I have seen in any game. That something that stupid can make it in to a game in 2010 is proof that the developers had no idea what they were doing. There are many more awful things in this game but I get depressed just writing about it. Oh, how I miss the excitement I felt when playing the first 3 Gothic games for the first time. Playing Gothic 4 just makes me feel sad, annoyed and most of all I feel insulted. How stupid do the developer and Jowood think the gamers are? Good thing Piranha Bytes are still making games! Expand
  17. Nov 26, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After years of waiting after quite bad Gothic 3 we finally get our hands on Gothic 4: Arcania! But... is that really what we were waiting for? You are not free in deciding what you want to do, the whole game is a tunnel built for you. You move from one location to another in search for more quests and loot. NPCs look the same, you cannot feel of them as of real human beings, they don't inspire you for anything. Quests are really primitive as well as dialogs. Combat system is fine, battles are dynamic, but AI is I personally tried to play as warrior, my friend played as an archer, he said the final fight was hell. Very first version is not balanced in item qualities and prices. Crafting is really primitive compared to previous games in the series. After Gothic 3, which was a shame for company made it, I really expected for much more. This game fails on every front, please consider before you buy it. Expand
  18. Dec 6, 2011
    The only thing in this game that's not bad are the visuals, but that is hardly enough to save this stinking pile of cr**. Avoid at all cost! 1 point for the visuals. None for the rest.
  19. Aug 24, 2011
    the story is cliche the gameplay is terrible you have the walk to much in this game. graphics and music are nice tough. in summary this game is an insult to the gothic franchise and RPGs all together
  20. Sep 7, 2011
    Hack and slash RPG. There is no depth, poor storyline and terrible plot development. Game not even a challenge. This game is literally carried by the weight of the Gothic title.
  21. May 22, 2014
    This is the second buggiest game ever, after Fallout 3. DO NOT BUY THIS even on a humble bundle for $1. Your eyes will also throw up from how bad the graphics are.
  22. Oct 26, 2017
    Худшая часть часть серии Gothic, да и вообще просто ужасная RPG игра.
    + Красивая графика, это пожалуй единственный плюс игры. Визуальная составляющая игры для 2010 года весьма впечатляющая, очень радует работа художников по 3D моделям, природа выполнена на высшем уровне, иногда можно просто отвлечься и пройтись по местным локациям.
    - Совершенно неудачная боевая система, которая состоит
    Худшая часть часть серии Gothic, да и вообще просто ужасная RPG игра.
    - Совершенно неудачная боевая система, которая состоит из двух типов удара, и перекатов.
    - Отсутствие баланса, даже на лёгком уровне сложности взяв самое мощное оружие среднему мобу придётся нанести 6-7 ударов, а это ну очень надоедает уже через час игры, от постоянного закликивания будет болеть палец.
    - Скучная прокачка, она скучная, ХР дают мало. Просто нудятина.
    - Открытый мир тут фикция, есть большой коридор с утолщениями, в которых и будет происходить те или иные сюжетные квесты, и пока ты не пройдешь там все, прохода в следующее утолщение не будет.
    - Художники похоже просто забыли сделать нормальное количество лиц для НПЦ, их от силы 10, и будут они встречаться на протяжении всей игры, то и дело вспоминаешь, "а вот этого болванчика я уже видел".
    - Диалоги, встраиваются такие, что создаётся ощущение что их писал пятиклассник.
    - Дополнительные квесты, иди найди того 10 штук, иди убей того, иди зачисти пещеру, иди найди потеряную безделушку, скучно и одннообразно, такие квесто прокатят разве что MMORPG.
    С трудом верится что Spellbound могла сделать такую вот "игру". Игра полный провал, и одна из причин банкротства издателя JoWooD Entertainment. Наверное худшая игра 2010 года. 2,5/10.
  23. Oct 12, 2015
    This game was just bland. Our hero was completely disinteresting, the plot was pretty mundane, the dialogue was stiff and uncomfortable, and the world was vanilla flavored fantasy. The combat felt decent and the game had a good length to it, but it certainly wasn't an exciting romp. I don't recall anything about the game that I absolutely hated, nor can I think of anything I reallyThis game was just bland. Our hero was completely disinteresting, the plot was pretty mundane, the dialogue was stiff and uncomfortable, and the world was vanilla flavored fantasy. The combat felt decent and the game had a good length to it, but it certainly wasn't an exciting romp. I don't recall anything about the game that I absolutely hated, nor can I think of anything I really loved. It was just boring. So I guess if you're looking for a cheap and easy game to whittle away some free hours you might as well give it a go. Just don't expect much. Expand
  24. Sep 6, 2015
    this game is common action rpg. hitting sense is so-so. but horrible storyline and repetitive enemy is so bad. maybe developer lacks money. graphic is so-so
  25. Oct 2, 2017
    this igra viser(sh*t), a ne gothic this igra viser(sh*t), a ne gothic this igra viser(sh*t), a ne gothic this igra viser(sh*t), a ne gothic this igra viser(sh*t), a ne gothic
  26. Oct 26, 2017
    Da fan della serie Gothic devo dire che Arcania è davvero misero in confronto. Il gioco è pesante e lagga soprattutto sulla grafica, bella e dettagliata ma con pixel che sfarfallano che nemmeno gothic 2. C'è poca possibilità di avventura. I percorsi sono fissi, una monorotaia che impedisce l'esplorazione del mondo ( grotte e porte chiuse ovunque!!!).
    Nelle serie gothic mi sono sempre
    Nelle serie gothic mi sono sempre buttato sulla magia ma qui c'è poco divertimento in quanto si può solo attaccare con ghiaccio, fuco o fulmini. Niente evocazioni, niente guarigione, solo attacco.
    E' uno di quei giochi che non appassiona e viene da andare avanti giusto per completezza.
    Ripeto: è pesante!! Mi tocca giocare un max di 20 min e poi fare una pausa perché mi frigge il pc, roba che nemmeno Skyrim remastered.
  27. Oct 26, 2017
    I played this game for 16 hours because I really wanted to enjoy it.
    First of all, I wanted to like it because I'm a fan of first 3 parts of Gothic. Let's say it straight, this is different game, don't expect fourth part of Gothic. Some elements are similar, but general feeling is: this is different game.
    So in the next step I tried to enjoy it as RPG game. If game is different than
    I played this game for 16 hours because I really wanted to enjoy it.
    So in the next step I tried to enjoy it as RPG game. If game is different than Gothic, that doesn't mean it's a bad game, right? So in that situation it is not true. This game is bad. Some elements, like graphics and music are quite nice, but generally game is just bad. Main story is totally linear, you can't go wherever you want. World is divided to small parts and you have to explore them one by one, you can't encounter a lot stronger monsters than you.
    I love RPGs, but this game didn't sucked me. I didn't feel that I explore the world I want to explore. I didn't feel I'm a part of adventure, I want to be part of.

VERDICT:
    If you're a fan of Piranha Bytes games, save yourself the disappointment.
    If you're a fan of good RPG games, there are many better games out there.
    If you finished all RPGs and you need to play it, be prepared to collecting the honey in one of most stupid quests. So if you like winnie the Pooh, go ahead, this game is made for you.

Like this review? Consider to join Good Games Giveaways & Reviews group and maybe press big sexy "Follow this curator" button on our curation page to read more reviews and win free games.
  28. Oct 26, 2017
    Слишком нудно
    По началу вродебы норм и ты играеш и играешь осозновая что игра становится однообразной и неинтересной
  29. Oct 26, 2017
    Ti serve una mela per proseguire nella missione? Bene, la mela ce l'ha tizio, ma tizio non te la da se prima non uccidi i goblin nella foresta, Vai dai goblin nella foresta, ma la caverna è chiusa da un incantesimo che può essere spezzato solo con l'aiuto della strega! Vai dalla strega per chiederle aiuto, ma costei ti manda prima a raccogliere un pacco di erbe rare. Erbe rare che troviTi serve una mela per proseguire nella missione? Bene, la mela ce l'ha tizio, ma tizio non te la da se prima non uccidi i goblin nella foresta, Vai dai goblin nella foresta, ma la caverna è chiusa da un incantesimo che può essere spezzato solo con l'aiuto della strega! Vai dalla strega per chiederle aiuto, ma costei ti manda prima a raccogliere un pacco di erbe rare. Erbe rare che trovi solo nel lontan..EBBASTA!! Queste sono gran parte delle missioni di questo titolo, morbose e stucchevoli, diluite. La grafica è a tratti emozionante per paesaggi e Art Design. il gameplay no. Un seguito piuttosto deludente rispetto ai 29,90 euro di prezzo attuale. Dopo una ventina di ore di gioco ho lasciato perdere, ho provato a godermelo andando lentamente e perlustrando tutto ma ahimè, muri invisibili. Open world? no. Solo una grande arena piena di path, di sentieri che ti conducono verso la ripetitività e monotonia della missioni. Sconsigliato e non all'altezza dei precedenti. Expand
  30. Oct 26, 2017
    I have played all the Gothic games in the series.

The first and the second are epic.
    The third is ok.
    But this "ArcaniA - Gothic" is......

The game has nice graphics, and some ok gameplay.
    But the gothic games are story focused, and this is the problem.
    I have finished the game in 12h with all side-quest's.
    No content, no depth, no Gothic.
  31. Oct 26, 2017
    Grâce au nouveau système d'évaluation de Steam, je peux enfin dire ce que je pense de ce jeu sans pour autant le "recommander". Vous avez aimé Gothic I, II et III ? Vous voulez jouer au IV, ou plutôt à "Arcania" ? Fuyez, pauvres fous, fuyez pendant qu'il est temps ! Même en promo, il ne vaut pas le coup, à moins de le prendre pour une petit jeu d'action en 3D.

Les combats sont ratés,

Les combats sont ratés, c'est indescriptible. Le héros principal a le charisme d'une huitre. Le doublage français est à mourir de rire. Le jeu est ennuyeux.

Bon, j'avoue, je n'ai pas réussi à le terminer. Peut-être qu'il commençait à être bien là où je l'ai arrêté.
  32. Oct 26, 2017
    Достаточно плохая игра.
    1)Боёвка:
    Достаточно плохая игра.
    1)Боёвка:
    Боёвка чуть лучше, чем в забытых богах, но всё равно сводится к закликиванию противников (об этом даже говорит сам факт того, что есть навык на бесконечное количество ударов подряд). Можно взять лук или магию и просто пятиться назад, отстреливаясь, и большая часть врагов ничего сделать не сможет против этого. Ну ладно, против врагов, которые разгоняются прямо на игрока, прекрасно работает постоянный стрейф вбок.

2)Сложность и ИИ:
    Максимальная сложность просто влияет на то, как долго придётся избивать врагов. Умного поведения у врагов не замечено. Разве что некоторые стрелки умеют решать системы линейных уравнений и стрелять с поправкой на движение, но вывести решения для таких уравнений можно за вечер. Нет смысла проходить

3)Прокачка:
    Сделана плохо, особенно перезатирание старых заклинаний новыми. Линейные шкалы навыков. Заклинания жрут всё больше маны с прокачкой.

4)Открытого мира нет:
    Игрок стартует в весьма ограниченной зоне 1 (остров), откуда можно выбраться только по квесту.
    Из ограниченной зоны 2 (до моста) игрок тоже не может выбраться, пока не пройдёт сюжетку.
    Потом открывается зона 3 (город на побережье), но игрок опять не может пройти дальше, пока не пройдёт по сюжету.
    Думаю, так и будет дальше.

5)Монстры.
    Тупые, у каждого в основном 2 атаки: обычная атака-кусака и особая атака (разгон, сильный удар, плевок и т.д.). Обычные атаки задоджить слишком просто, они в основном медлительные донельзя. Разгон контрится отходом в сторонку, сильный удар обходится перекатом вперёд или вбок, плевки обычно бесполезные, можно подбежать ко врагу и разнести его.
  33. Oct 27, 2017
    Cóż wydaje mi się, że twórcy chcieli zrobić wszystko by ArcaniA z wyjątkiem fabuły nie miała nic wspólnego z pozostałymi Gothicami. I niestety im się to udało... Może kiedyś na siłe przejdę tą grę ale póki co bardzo mnie do tego zniechęca. Zalety produkcji to bardzo ładna grafika oraz całkiem fajna opcja przewrotu w walce. Niestety na tym się kończą.
    Produkcja ta jednak posiada bardzo
    Produkcja ta jednak posiada bardzo istotne wady:
    - brak nauczycieli/punktów nauki (jest dostępne jedynie nieco dziwaczne drzewko umiejętności)
    - nie jestem pewien czy w grze można rozwijać takie zdolności jak alchemia, kowalstwo, a nawet siła. zręczność, witalność itd.
    - niby "otwarty świat" przypominający ten z Wiedźmina 1/2 (możemy chodzić jedynie ścieżkami wyznaczonymi przez twórców, jeśli uznamy, że chcemy przejść jakimś lasem lub małym wzniesieniem nasza postać się zbuguje i prawdopodobnie zginie z nieznanego powodu)
    - wiele glitchy graficznych (najmniejszy problem, ale dość denerwujący, przykładowo kałuża zmieniająca barwy na białą lub pomarańczową za każdym poruszeniem myszy)
    Moim zdaniem "Gothic 4" ArcaniA nie jest godna polecenia.
  34. Oct 27, 2017
    Kein guter nachfolger zu den alten Gothic teilen.
    Ist auch nicht anders zu erwarten von anderen entwiklern
    Wem mann ein Hardcore gothic fan ist sollte man sich das spiel echt nicht geben !
  35. Oct 27, 2017
    Ich empfehle dieses Spiel grundsätzlich nicht, da es absolut linear, langweilig und überhaupt nicht "Gothic" ist. Klar, hier sagen einige, das die Macher nichts mit Gothic zu tun haben. Trotzdem hat man durch den Erfolg von Gothic an dieses Spiel angeknüpft, ich erinnere hier an den Schurken Diego, der jeder Gothic-Fan kennt.
    Es ist traurig, dass wir in einer zu kommerziellen Welt leben,
    Es ist traurig, dass wir in einer zu kommerziellen Welt leben, in dem jeder Produzent so schnell wie möglich zu schnellem Geld kommen will. Man knüpft an Erfolge(gilt allgemein, nicht nur für Spiele) an, und versaut Sinn, Story und Ethik...es ist beschämend...
  36. Oct 27, 2017
    Как самостоятельная игра - возможно и хороша. Но отсылка к серии Готика эт полное издевательство над вселенной. Упрощенная боевка (удар, перекат, удар, перекат, серия ударов, перекат), скучные диапоги, линейный сюжет, замена протагониста на безизвестного пастуха ...Как самостоятельная игра - возможно и хороша. Но отсылка к серии Готика эт полное издевательство над вселенной. Упрощенная боевка (удар, перекат, удар, перекат, серия ударов, перекат), скучные диапоги, линейный сюжет, замена протагониста на безизвестного пастуха ...
  37. Oct 27, 2017
    Der Beweis, dass Gothic ohne Piranha Bytes nicht mehr funktionierte. Abgesehen von der schlechten Story und dem noch schlechteren Kampfsystem sind schon die Dialoge stumpf schwach und es fehlt einfach dieser Ruhrpott Humor von den Jungs der gefährlichen Fische. Schade eigentlich, aber zum Glück kam ja Piranha Bytes mit Risen und hat dem Game hier gezeigt, wie eine Fortsetzung auszusehenDer Beweis, dass Gothic ohne Piranha Bytes nicht mehr funktionierte. Abgesehen von der schlechten Story und dem noch schlechteren Kampfsystem sind schon die Dialoge stumpf schwach und es fehlt einfach dieser Ruhrpott Humor von den Jungs der gefährlichen Fische. Schade eigentlich, aber zum Glück kam ja Piranha Bytes mit Risen und hat dem Game hier gezeigt, wie eine Fortsetzung auszusehen hat!

Wäre es nur ArcaniA gewesen ohne das Gothic 4, würde hier alle wohl anders werten, aber so ist es nunmal nicht!
  38. Oct 27, 2017
    Though the story wraps up the conclusion of the three previous Gothic titles and begins a new story arc, this is not a true Gothic game. The story is very linear. The map is divided up by invisible walls, nintendo shall not pass JRPG gaurds, and barriers that require completion of story line quests. You also can't murder or kill anyone unless they are hostile combatants. Don't get meThough the story wraps up the conclusion of the three previous Gothic titles and begins a new story arc, this is not a true Gothic game. The story is very linear. The map is divided up by invisible walls, nintendo shall not pass JRPG gaurds, and barriers that require completion of story line quests. You also can't murder or kill anyone unless they are hostile combatants. Don't get me started on the leveling system, it sucks and isn't anything like the Gothic games. Combat is super easy and repetative, roll, combo, roll, combo, win. Story is predictable in the beginning and so far not very interesting. I played through the first few areas, got passed the Silverlake Orcs, and I got fed up with the game when I got to Blackwater. The hero is a push over and does everything he is told in order to progress the story. For someone who is seeking vengeance, he sure is a ♥♥♥♥♥ cat when it comes to being told, "no you can't pass into this area until you do 10 menial quests". That alone irkes me, as I hate being forced into a crappy linear story. Uninstalling. Expand
  39. Oct 27, 2017
    Ich habe mir dieses Spiel gekauft, nachdem ich mit Gothic 3 fertig war.
    Anfangs gefiel es mir gut. Die Story machte für mich Sinn, es gab einen roten Faden dem man folgen konnte.
    Ich habe mir dieses Spiel gekauft, nachdem ich mit Gothic 3 fertig war.
    Das war auf der einen Seite schön, denn man bekam gleich ein Gefühl für den neuen Hauptcharakter. Auf der anderen Seite gibt es keine frei erkundbare Welt mehr und auch nicht mehr so viele Quests wie in Gothic 3. Man bewegt sich im Rahmen der Hauptstoryline arialweise vorwärts. Wer wie ich "Epic loot loot loot" singend durch die Ariale streift wird schnell enttäuscht, denn viel gibt es nicht zu finden.
    Damit bin ich schon beim nächsten Knackpunkt: Es lohnt sich beinahe nicht dinge einzusammeln.
    Ich glaube Gold braucht man vielleicht 2 mal im gesamten Spiel - für Heiltränke.
    Rüstung? Gibts geschenkt!
    Waffen? Kannste finden und später selbst schmieden (wer schmieden will sammelt Erz ein)
    Und was soll ich mit dem ganzen Gold dann machen?
    Zum Ende hin wird die Geschichte, die am Anfang noch so schlüssig war, wirr und die Erzählweise zunehmend eintönig.
    Im Prinzip kämpft man sich durch Ariale durch, findet ein storyrelevantes Item und dann gehts weiter ins nächste Schlauchlevel. Viel frei bewegen kann man sich dann nichtmehr.

FAZIT:
    Das Kampfsystem fühlt sich flott und flüssig an. Und ich glaube darum geht es in diesem Spiel. Die Story stumpft immer weiter ab, mein Erkunden und Sammeln wird nicht belohnt und viele Quests sind nicht zu erledigen. Wer ein Spiel mit dem Schwerpunkt Gekloppe sucht ist hier gut beraten, wer aber ein Spiel mit großer Welt erwartet, in der in jeder Ecke tolle Szenerien und Epicloot zu finden ist, der ist hier falsch.
  40. Oct 27, 2017
    This is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. I was looking forward to this as a Gothic fan (on it's release it was called ArcaniA: Gothic IV or ArcaniA a gothic tale because it was supposed to be the next gothic game). It's supposed to be an open world RPG but it's more like a liniar bad hack n' slash game with level progression. basicly this is what the game is: after youThis is one of the most disappointing games I've ever played. I was looking forward to this as a Gothic fan (on it's release it was called ArcaniA: Gothic IV or ArcaniA a gothic tale because it was supposed to be the next gothic game). It's supposed to be an open world RPG but it's more like a liniar bad hack n' slash game with level progression. basicly this is what the game is: after you finish the intro (which is the only fun part of the game) you get to a tiny part of the island, you do a part of the main quest and you unlock another tiny part of the island where you can do another part of the main quest and you unlock another tiny part of the island and so on untill the final battle. And than it's game over, no more exploring for no reason at all. the main quest is boring, there are only a few side quests which are even worse than the main quest. characters are boring and not memoreble at all, even the characters from Gothic 1, 2, and 3 and exploring is rarely rewarding, not that there is much to explore as most of the remotely interesting sites are used for the main quest. if you played the demo and liked it keep it that way the demo covers by far the best part of the game.

ArcaniA a gothic fail scores a 0/10
  41. Oct 27, 2017
    This game is trash, from the horrible story line, to the horrible voice acting, to the horrible DRM

Seriously, I came back to this game after a few months to see if they had done anything to the game and I couldnt install it again because My hardware had changed and my registered copy was on another set of hardware. IE different hard drive... I've had better luck reactivating a

I've had better luck reactivating a system builder version of Windows. At least with them you call them and be like my motherboard fried had to replace it. They give you a code right away.

After playing the game I really was trying to figure out what they went to great lengths to protect. It was because their game was garbage, it didnt turn out the way they thought it was going to, and they didnt want anyone pirating it to get a free first look, because they knew they wouldnt buy it after trying it. Every review on steam has between .2 - 20 hours, with 20 hours being the outliar.

This is not a gothic game. If for some reason you played the gothic series and you are here looking at this review so long after not knowing much about this game, take it from a gothic fan, don't buy this trash.
  42. Oct 27, 2017
    这部作品完全配不上哥特王朝的名号,就连哥特系列最大的特色高自由度都舍弃的一干二净,即使忽略他是哥特王朝系列的作品不能说很烂但也相当平庸没有任何亮点,对话愚蠢剧情幼稚,不提本身素质,优化就是一坨屎,甚至不及哥特王朝3的优化,哥特3后来还出了补丁改善优化而阿卡尼亚就一直烂在这。如果对哥特王朝系列没有信仰请忽略这部作品。这部作品完全配不上哥特王朝的名号,就连哥特系列最大的特色高自由度都舍弃的一干二净,即使忽略他是哥特王朝系列的作品不能说很烂但也相当平庸没有任何亮点,对话愚蠢剧情幼稚,不提本身素质,优化就是一坨屎,甚至不及哥特王朝3的优化,哥特3后来还出了补丁改善优化而阿卡尼亚就一直烂在这。如果对哥特王朝系列没有信仰请忽略这部作品。
  43. Oct 27, 2017
    Gra niestety jest bardzo słaba w porównaniu z innymi Gothic'ami - nawet z częścią 3. Plusów nie widzę. Postacie które spotykałem w poprzednich odsłonach nie umilają gry. Dlaczego? Bo twórcy niemalże popsuli każdy charakter... Nawet bałem się podejść do znanej twarzy, ponieważ nie chciałem wiedzieć jak ją zbezcześcili.
    Reszty minusów nie będę wymieniać bo gra ta to jeden wielki minus.
    Reszty minusów nie będę wymieniać bo gra ta to jeden wielki minus.
  44. Oct 27, 2017

Les combats sont ratés,

45. Oct 27, 2017
    Мне, как давнему поклоннику игр данной серии, долгое время было любопытно: что за Аркания такая и почему она больше не Готика. Скачать/купить игру руки как-то не доходили, поэтому огромная скидка (80% или вроде того) всё решила. Поставил, запустил, побегал королём Робаром, проснулся пастухом. Система боя так себе, но ничего страшного: в готиках она идеальной и не была.
    А вот дальше пошло
    А вот дальше пошло сплошное разочарование.
    Прыгнул в воду - умер. Попытался залезть на скалу/перебраться через забор - невозможно. Захотел забить пока на сюжет и пойти погулять - нетушки, каждый лужок, каждая пещера, каждый закуток открываются только после получения соответствующего задания. Сюжет поражает глупым пафосом: войска короля убили у меня девчонку, поэтому я, как и любой другой пастух на моём месте, должен срочно пойти и отомстить лично королю, у которого за плечами море боевого опыта и огромная армия. Всё это во имя добра и справедливости, конечно. Я упоминал выше о системе боя: так тут главное первым начать бить, а дальше всё зависит от количества здоровья врага. Ответить бедняга так и не сумеет. В итоге первый раз полечился я только ближе к середине игры, да и то потом ещё столько же не вспоминал об этом. Эксперимента ради я попробовал пробежать несколько локаций без геноцида его обитателей. Всё получилось настолько просто, что даже стало обидно за время потерянное на занудное истребление бесппомощных истуканов, что заменяют врагов. Традиционная встреча с толпой старых знакомых немного подняла настроение, но общего впечатления не спасла.
    Вердикт:
    НЕ готика
    НЕ нравится
    НЕ рекомендую
    НЕ играйте
    Можно из ностальгических соображений поиграть в Risen. Там дух Готики как раз имеется.
  46. Oct 27, 2017
    So in the next step I tried to enjoy it as RPG game. If game is different than
    I played this game for 16 hours because I really wanted to enjoy it.

VERDICT:
    If you're a fan of Piranha Bytes games, save yourself the disappointment.
    If you're a fan of good RPG games, there are many better games out there.

47. Oct 28, 2017
    Somehow ist feels like the Gothic series, but fails to tell a story.
    Technically quite OK, but this game has no soul. Unfortunately...................
  48. Oct 28, 2017
  49. Oct 30, 2017
    Главный герой. Безымянный вновь. Но совершенно иной. Пастух с Фешира. Пастух, который родился и жил всю жизнь на острове и не умеющий плавать. Странно, что не научился за все это время. Теряет родных. Пытается мстить. Становится избранным. Побеждает зло. Все это в стиле тупого рубилова-мочилова, разбавленного никому ненужными побочными заданиями, плюс насильно навязываемыми добровольнымиГлавный герой. Безымянный вновь. Но совершенно иной. Пастух с Фешира. Пастух, который родился и жил всю жизнь на острове и не умеющий плавать. Странно, что не научился за все это время. Теряет родных. Пытается мстить. Становится избранным. Побеждает зло. Все это в стиле тупого рубилова-мочилова, разбавленного никому ненужными побочными заданиями, плюс насильно навязываемыми добровольными сборами частичек реликвий и прочего ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥еца.
    Аддон к третьей части Готики меня не порадовал, но он хотя бы был выдержан более менее в стилистике прошлых частей.
    Здесь же перед нами предстает труп серии, оконсолившийся донельзя. Заказуалилось и законсолилось все то, что вообще можно было законсолить и упростить.
    Идиотский косматый лохмудяй - главный герой, без частички харизмы. По сравнению с усатым безымянным оригинальных Готик он и рядом не стоит. Абсолютно даунятский сюжет, который хоронит все наработки предыдущих частей. Какие-то новые божества, войны между крылатыми демонами и их антиподами-добряками. Все это накрученно на систему баланса зла и добра, куда неумело впихнута история мести главного героя - пастуха. Это не♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Это♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥а!
    На одной графике игру не вывезешь. Причем оптимизирован движок из рук вон плохо. Это убожество тормозит и фризится порой на минималках. Хотя игра то довольно таки давно уже вышла.
    Сюжет - идиотский. Играется через силу. Развилок в сюжете три с половиной раза, да и то несущественно. Игра линейна, как рельсы. То же касается и локаций. Никакого открытого мира здесь нет. Просто расширения из одной клоаки, ведущие в другую. Система порталов между ними невменяема чуть более, чем полностью. Можно только из места в места близлежащее прыг-скок, а вот куда-то за две три локации вернутся - хрен вам. Да оно и не нужно, ведь бывать там, где мы уже были, не понадобится. Города пестрят невидимыми стенами. Герой не способен перепрыгнуть через мелкий заборчик, потому что там стена. Если же вы в мелкий водоемчик сиганете с уступчика невысокого - это смерть. Неизвестно, что мешает герою выжить. Прыгнули с горы в воду - смерть. Смерть везде, кроме линейных корридоров. Разрабы как бы говорят нам, идите по проторенным дорожкам и не выкаблучивайтесь. Чтобы пройти из зоны в зону обязательно надо линейно выполнить какое-то условие, насильно притянутое за уши.

1. Apr 20, 2011
    If you seek a simple game with breathtaking scenery and a ridiculous number of weapons and armor, then Arcania Gothic IV is for you.
  2. Jan 15, 2011
    Besides the handy automap and the journal, the only other positive thing about Arcania is that it's at least better than Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 13, 2011
    Arcania is more of a restart of the series then a regular sequel – some dedicated fans will be disappointed by its overall simplification but it does not make Gothic 4 a bad adventurous experience. [Issue#197]