• Publisher: Webzen
  • Release Date: Dec 6, 2012
5.9

1. Dec 9, 2012
    Arctic Combat is a mixed bag. On one hand, the game is not horrible but there is a significant problem. One of the most fundamental aspects of a first person shooter is, well, the shooting. In Arctic Combat the lag from shooting will literally force you to lead your target by a significant amount, ie aiming completely ahead of the target at less than 20 yards to even hit them. I don't knowArctic Combat is a mixed bag. On one hand, the game is not horrible but there is a significant problem. One of the most fundamental aspects of a first person shooter is, well, the shooting. In Arctic Combat the lag from shooting will literally force you to lead your target by a significant amount, ie aiming completely ahead of the target at less than 20 yards to even hit them. I don't know if the makers have actually shot a gun before but that is beyond ridicules. The maps are okay, the gun selection is okay. The AI bots are the typical brainless bots that once your team sets up a choke point the game is over. They keep coming and you keep mowing them down. If you have a few moments to waste it will keep your attention for a few games. Nothing ground breaking as far as FPS games go. Expand
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    A multiplayer Call of Duty 4 (and so on...) clone, nothing more. Also, it's lagging soo hard sometimes and you have to shoot soo many bullets to the enemy to kill him/her. Anyway, the graphics are good, but it's not enough to call it a good game.
  3. Dec 31, 2012
    nice graphics, modes are good.I was in the closed beta and i ensure you that the game have change a lot of things(weapons and maps,upgrade). But sometimes remembers me the well-known game Call of Duty, but it still like me. Find it in steam or in webzen.com
  4. Dec 10, 2012
    Awesome game! The incredible Lag it had once the game had shifted to Steam, was addressed and fixed ASAP it seems! Just to inform those who are holding back because of that.

Which is silly either way as the game is free... and well it feels alot, let me repeat that in caps - ALOT, like the CoD (Call fo Duty) Series, which is a freaking brilliant thing imo! It's just pure and plain fun playing AC, even more so as it features quite brutal scenes for a Multiplayer FPS (if that's your kind of thing), i could do without, but i am really happy it's there, you can blow heads and limbs off and all that neat stuff!

Also it has similar Killstreak traits as CoD has, which is another motivator, so you see it is not called the Free CoD for no reason! And since it is free, why not give it a try?!

Graphics: Are ok, for a free to play title etc. etc. bla bla, yes indeed it is ok, not overwhelming, but ok which also has the advantage that the game runs on older systems! Besides i never was a Graphics whore, it's all about the gameplay and AC really rocks in that department, and many others! So go check it out!
  5. Dec 10, 2012
    This game is very bad.

Pros: Good graphics from unreal engine, Good weapon sounds, Good Animations, Online bot match Cons: Takes way to many shots to kill someone, Extreme lag even on lowest settings, Weapons and animations replicate Cod4, Killstreaks promote camping, Game mechanic where you get many kills you become weak, Lots of children gamers (cod players) camp, base rape, text
    This game is very bad.

Cons: Takes way to many shots to kill someone, Extreme lag even on lowest settings, Weapons and animations replicate Cod4, Killstreaks promote camping, Game mechanic where you get many kills you become weak, Lots of children gamers (cod players) camp, base rape, text troll, no teamwork, and smart a*s-ness, Weapons cost too much, Very bad AI.

Overall this is an exact copy of (what else) CoD. It is not a fun game because it relies on cheap players rampaging, base raping, camping, and using killstreaks then getting rewarded for that play. However, if you are one of those butt fu**ers that obsess over CoD 24/7 then this is your cake.
  6. Dec 14, 2012
    Been playing this game for about a week now and i'am starting to become addicted to it. This game is similar to most fps military games out there like ( Combat Arms, A.V.A, Crossfire etc ) . The graphics are average but still good, the guns are little overpowered , sweet selection of small and big maps and ranking up doesn't take along. I would recommend you try out this game, plenty ofBeen playing this game for about a week now and i'am starting to become addicted to it. This game is similar to most fps military games out there like ( Combat Arms, A.V.A, Crossfire etc ) . The graphics are average but still good, the guns are little overpowered , sweet selection of small and big maps and ranking up doesn't take along. I would recommend you try out this game, plenty of hours, of fun. Download it on steam or visit http://ac.webzen.com Expand
  7. Dec 16, 2012
    Is not that bad for a F2P game, still need to play more hours to test it properly, but i can tell you that;

* it's like some kind of mix between COD and CS, maybe with more close quarters maps, short range and fast action. * graphics are quite good IMHO, i think it looks better than COD on my PC, but maps are smaller instead. Just give it a try if you like FPS games with nice

Just give it a try if you like FPS games with nice graphics and fast gameplay.
  8. Dec 27, 2012
    If you want Call of Duty, buy Call of Duty. Even if all you want is a simple FPS, don't bother with this. Arctic Combat is a just-different-enough-not-to-get-sued ripoff of the COD series with terrible translation, abhorrent voice acting, and lag bad enough to ruin any fun you might accidentally stumble across. The first grenade I tossed was greeted with a guttural "Grenade throw!"If you want Call of Duty, buy Call of Duty. Even if all you want is a simple FPS, don't bother with this. Arctic Combat is a just-different-enough-not-to-get-sued ripoff of the COD series with terrible translation, abhorrent voice acting, and lag bad enough to ruin any fun you might accidentally stumble across. The first grenade I tossed was greeted with a guttural "Grenade throw!" muttered by someone who must have completed a two-week correspondence course in English the night before; text throughout the game must have been rushed through the first Korean to English translator that came up on Altavista; and every second player who walks into my crosshairs jitters back and forth before careening into walls and ignoring their hitbox, making the game nearly impossible to play. When I finally get fed up with the poor performance and decide to exit, the game freezes for two or three (real, literal, no exaggeration) *minutes* before finally dropping me back to the lobby screen.

Don't think I just dislike B-quality imports, either: I still fire up Combat Arms occasionally because it's a genuinely entertaining game with good level design when you get a few buddies on the same server. Arctic Combat, however, doesn't even know how to draw a "B" when provided with four hours, an unlimited supply of pencils, and a personal handwriting coach.

Its promoters portray the game as some kind of slick, advancement-based MMO that encourages teamwork and quick reflexes, but let it be known: This is nothing but an FPS, and an extremely poorly implemented one, at that. Do not waste the bandwidth to download it.
  9. Jan 13, 2013
    Generic. That's really the word for it. It isn't good, it isn't bad, it's just...generic. There isn't much that Arctic Combat offers that you can't get from some random Call of Duty game.
  10. Feb 9, 2013
    Not a good game at all. Poor graphics(not good enough to compete with other f2p's), poor character and weapon customization, bad maps( maps allow you to camp), poor gameplay, a lot of children players. The worst side about the game was unrealistic weapons, having lag always even with lowest options and the truth that if you want to get some kill streaks you must be a camper. The only goodNot a good game at all. Poor graphics(not good enough to compete with other f2p's), poor character and weapon customization, bad maps( maps allow you to camp), poor gameplay, a lot of children players. The worst side about the game was unrealistic weapons, having lag always even with lowest options and the truth that if you want to get some kill streaks you must be a camper. The only good side about the game was that it was free to play i think and actually it isn't a pay to win. Expand
  11. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is good for what it is: a free-to-play multi-player fps. While the backstory is weak and there are many hackers, it can be quite fun to play most of the time. I wouldn't have spent money on the game, but since it is free-to-play I downloaded it and have been having a good time.
  12. Jun 16, 2013
    This game is amazing! It is free and the graphics aren't that bad. It isn't something that you will play forever, but playing with friends is awesome!
  13. Jun 30, 2013
    This game was released in December 2012, and back then, the overall feeling was a little bit weak. But this game has grown over time, and I think they are doing great, and the game has become much funnier to play.
    One of the newest additions to the game, Defense mode, gives an amazing opportunity to earn In-Game money fast and easy, giving players a chance to buy almost every weapon they would like to have.

When I read other reviews of this game, it seems like people didn't like the game much back in December/January 2012/2013. But I think they should give it another try, because it has become so much better over the last months.

I like this game better and better for every month, and I think I would have to give it an 8 in a short time.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    Terrible graphics, lags, outdated engine, stolen content from call of duty and counter strike, bad map design, terrible sound effects and loads of campers. Well this game just gave me cancer, it's even much worse than the new Cod series from Modern Warfare 2 to Black ops 2. Don't play it it's not the time worth.
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Mar 5, 2013
    Arctic Combat is not dripping with content and it’s crystal clear Webzen has no grasp of the nature of Call of Duty’s success. Their game is just average but can be entertaining at times. [CD-Action 03/2013, p.67]
    When you are not dying, this online action game is actually pretty cool. But you will be dying most of the time. [Jan 2013]